Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: ~~SCRAP HAPPENZZ Critique Group~~ version 2012 *CLOSED and ACTIVE*        (Topic#1568987)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to autumngold

chris the challenge sounds like fun. I will check it out.
and speaking of CHECK...checking in

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Gelidy Gelato

You would think that since I've posted the Christmas card challenge that I would have done my cards. Argh.... So behind this year.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

Howdy Y'all.

It is a busy time of the year for all of us.

I am down to making 3 small calendars, baking some bread to put in some cool ceramic "tins" and making a new candy(it is called "cracker candy" and it is a roca/toffee candy. Much simpler recipe than what I usually make) as gifts. All other gifts are bought and wrapped (and shipped if it was to be shipped). How I am so far ahead of my usual self? I do not know. I even got all my cards out (all homemade this year). Seriously, I have no idea why I am this far ahead, especially since I am still working (no furlough until at least June is the latest).

Off to bed as we have a home game tomorrow...in the rain. Hey, what else can you expect, I live in Seattle.

Have a great week!

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to Chell Rae

Wow. I haven't even begun to contemplate Christmas...not one stitch of decorations up. My husband just sprung on me last night that he wants to host the family xmas eve at our house...which I am not so sure about. I don't think I have the time (or energy) to clean, decorate, cook, and still go to work and do my other activities without stressing completely out.

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to RoselynR

Hello ladies,
Christmas. Isss just around the corner...I've been loving all the arts and crafts fairs that go on all over the city this time if year. I didn't participate by selling anything but I did go to a few and it was really nice. Hope everyone's Christmas preps are going well.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to amms_c

Ugh, I'm so not excited about Christmas this year... I'm not really sure why. I've never been a big fan, but this year I'm really not feeling it. I did manage to get decorations up though.

I just upgraded my Silhouette to the Cameo so I'm hoping to play with that soon and get some crafty stuff done!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to *jesse*

Checking in, catch up later...

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to blushpea

hi everyone! I took the day off work so I could work on my calendars. now I just need to get moving!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Howdy everyone....

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Hi Lovelies! I think one of my resolutions for 2013 will be to check in here more often, I miss hanging in here as often as I used to but life has been hectic. Happy Belated Thanksgiving, can't believe I didn't check in for that.

I'm probably not alone the fact that the Newtown, CT tragedy has affected me greatly. I am definitely going through a period of mourning & my heart goes out to those lost & those that loved them. I am so thankful we are all safe & sound right now. Hugs to you all.

Chris
- Love the December challenge!

Deb - What did you end up doing for your cards instead of the tri-folds?

Michelle - Your holiday creative/cooking/game plans sound fantastic! Homemade toffee, yummmmmm...

Roselyn - Hoping hosting Xmas eve goes well!

Ammara - Hope you had a blast checking out the arts & crafts festivals this holiday season!

Hello to Jesse, Lisa & everyone else!

Things are going well here. We got Caruso a train & track set for Hanukkmas & he is LOVING it, it's so wonderful to see! One day we shall be a family that sends out a cute holiday card w/ a pic of our little muffinboy (even an e-card) but we just haven't gotten it together yet...perhaps next year. Meanwhile, money has been tight this year/season as I'm sure it is for many others, but we know we have many many blessings to be thankful for so it's all good.

I haven't shared Caruso pics w/ family & friends since the summer so once I do that for summer/fall (hopefully soon), I will definitely upload the LOs that I've been meaning to post!

Take care, SHCG.

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to blushpea

Checking in!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

Up to my eyeballs in cookies and candy making....

The first of our Christmas celebrations is tomorrow. Although, at this rate, Santa may skip our house. Jingle (our Elf on the Shelf) does not have happy things to bring back to Santa each night regarding some little boy's behavior and listening skills as of late. :-/ Just going through a stage here, I know.

Merry Christmas and all that jazz!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CMLeach

Happy Holidays everyone.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

As soon as I get photos off of my phone, I'll have my December submissions. YAY!

Have a great (and responsible) New Year's!

And let's kick SHCG in gear this January!

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to CMLeach

Happy New Year everyone!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to amms_c

I am kicking myself for neglecting my wonderful Scrap Happenz family. No excuse for it. I have been sick since Dec 21 but that is not an excuse. Dang cold! My mind is just not thinking clearly. I have thought of all of you during the holiday season and I hope everyone had fun and was safe.

Some good news on the work front...I just accepted a permanent position with the IRS. sigh, good and bad. I will miss the time off that I used to accomplish big projects but...having the consistent paychecks will be better for me.

I will catch up on what has been going on in all your lives over the weekend...okay...tomorrow or maybe tonight...Sunday I will be watching my Seahawks playing against the Redskins in a Wild card playoff game. GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

hugz to all of you

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to Chell Rae

Happy New Year everyone!

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c

January's Challenge
Happy 2013 everyone!
Do you make new years resolutions? More importantly...do you keep the resolutions that you make?  The challenge for this month is to scrap about a resolution(s) that you've made in the past and reflect on how those went. We're you successful? If not, what went wrong? Have you made any resolutions this year?

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to amms_c

Happy 2013, SHCG! Checking in for now, hope to catch up my thoroughly a little later.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to blushpea

Okay, looks like I have a little time to catch up in here now. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

Ammara, great MC, thanks!

Michelle, congrats on the f/t gig!

Hellooo Chris, Lisa, Deb & everyone else - hope all is well!

We spent a week in Houston over Xmas seeing my family, it was awesome. One of my sisters & her family finally met Caruso; they're finally back in the States after living in Sweden for a few yrs. We did tons of fun stuff - Went to a historical ranch for tours/shows, went to a mall so Caruso could play in the kids' area & ride the carousel. Saw my sister's family's big new house. Christmas at my parents' involved some cousins, an aunt, gifts, food & karaoke, very fun. The next day checked out the Children's Museum which was 3 stories of fabulousness! Even got my parents to join a hilarious game of Apples to Apples. So many great moments...you'll see in a few years when I actually get around scrapping everything, lol.

Yesterday we went to the Holiday Train Show at the NY Botanical Garden - tons of amazing miniature trains running amidst greenery & models of NY landmarks, it was soooo cool but the lines were sooo long (we had even waited until after the holidays to avoid crowds). And we went to a Thomas the Tank engine (Caruso's new love) "mini performance" that was REALLY mini - like they sang the theme song 4x as filler! But it yielded a great photo op.

I just roughly organized all our photo prints, emailed pics, phone pics & digi pics from summer to date which has been a goal of mine for months! Hopefully some splanning (scrap+planning, for you newbies) will be in my future. And of course, I still need to upload my last 2 LOs (am feeling like a broken record here about that...)

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to blushpea

I am so behind in everything...I have to catch reading the thread and go and do some commenting. Happy New Year everyone!!

msareyani
Tenant
msareyani
In response to RoselynR

Hello everyone! It's been a while and I don't even know if I am allowed to comment and check in within the group. But here is to hoping....

Since my last check in, like in the summer, I took on the roll of being teacher to my two boys. We started homeschooling this year with a newborn, which has been very challenging. I made it through the first half of the school year tired but very proud of myself and my boys for hanging in there. But needless to say, it has left me very little time to indulge in anything else. But my hubby and I have talked about it and decided that I definitely need some "me" time. So between the hours of 8 pm and 1 am (if I make it that long HA) I should be able to get back in the swing of things. I'm super excited to see what is to come this year!

I hope all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year yet to come!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

2013 is upon us.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Okay, so....didn't read, but needed to drop by to check-in and also say that there's likely going to be little to no scrapping from me for some time. I am in the process of doing a scrapbook purge, and while doing so am packing up my scrapbook room. When DH gets home at the end of the month, we will be working to create a new space for the both of us in a different portion of the house and working to transition Joey into the bedroom that is currently my craft space.

So....yea. Not much happening on my end for awhile then. And/or, if there are things, I may not be able to share them for some time either.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to CMLeach

MMS/check in.... hope to chat soon.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to *jesse*

Checkin' in. I am severely behind on critiques, I promise to get to that hopefully soon. Have a nice weekend!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to blushpea

A unhappy but still proud Seahawks fan checking in.

Sorry for the late check in, I had a friend visit yesterday that I haven't seen in a very long time and then the playoff game today. Now that all the excitement is over I thought of all of you and decided to check in.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

msareyani
Tenant
msareyani
In response to Chell Rae

I have gone through the last couple of months of posts to leave my critique. There are so many good ones that I got truly inspired. Can't wait to see what I can come up with on my own!

Hope everyone is hanging in there. So much going on in everyone's life. Hope all is going well!

Melanie

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to msareyani

checking before I forget to check in...

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Sorry about the Seahawks Michelle!

msareyani
Tenant
msareyani
In response to *jesse*

Well I was about half way done with a layout for this month, thought I was saving it and everything! Well apparently during the saving process, my file got corrupted. Sometimes, I wish I had the time for traditional scrapbooking more then digital.

But digital fits more with my lifestyle. For instance, I am sitting outside in what is suppose to be January, but feels more like April, watching the boys ride bikes and play basketball, working on my layouts. I guess you have to take the good with the bad at times!!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to msareyani

Checking in. Will catch up in here & in the LO thread in time! Have an excellent weekend, all!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to blushpea

Hi and all that.

We're still combating whichever of the stomach bugs that has run rampant this season. A whole group of us were together Monday of last week and during that Tuesday most of our kids started getting sick. Come Thursday I wound up with it (the only one of the adults), and then last night Joey went another round. SOOOO... I'm in the midst of major Lysol/Bleach-a-thon, and loads upon loads of laundry of everything that's soft and able TO be laundered. I HATE SICKNESS.

That is all.

Oh, wait! I did upload stuff to the LO thread the other day that I found on my phone and realized I didn't get up in December.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

I figured I should check in before I sign out. I just uploaded some LO's and critiqued a few. I almost forgot to come over here.

Jess: Thank you. That was a heartbreaking loss. To come back from that far back and not be able to hang on the lead for 31 seconds. sigh.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week at work. I have an extended weekend (Monday is a holiday and Tuesday I have Dr. appointments). I am hoping to get some more scrapping done. I feel like I am just beginning again since I haven't worked on something for me in many months. It is no wonder I can't stay current. Can anyone? LOL

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Chell Rae

Checking in. Hope to read/respond to posts later today!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to blushpea

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and a great week.

Later...off to work on projects.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Chell Rae

It POURED today. So I made a card. Chceking in...if I forgot to check in this week.

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR

I haven't checked in soooo long. Work and life have been crazy busy.

I survived the inaugural ball that my friends and I threw...yay there.

I made the design team I applied for...double yay! (And you guys were right...tons of work for that)

Going to a weekend retreat this week Thurs-Sun...so I am super excited to get some uninterrupted time in. My little sister was shooting an indie film in my house (every weekend in Jan) so I couldn't get into my room to scrap. I am so behind and my mojo is lost. Hopefully I will get it back soon.

I hope everyone is well. I am going to be catching up on everything and my reviews.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to RoselynR

Checking in. I PROMISE I will catch up in here & the LO thread soonest I can!

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to blushpea

Just letting everyone know I posted my first monthly challenge on the blog! A day late...but still excited! LOL

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to RoselynR

Thanks Roselyn.

I am needing to contact some of you via Facebook...mostly the newer members. If you could help me out with that asap, I would appreciate it immensely. Thanks.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CMLeach

sending good thoughts to those battling the snow storms

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

Happy Pres. Weekend

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Hi all...

I know we're all definitely struggling to get back around here with life through its ups and downs. Hope to see you all soon.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CMLeach

Okay everyone....

I'm hitting a very difficult decision around here, and it needs input with all of you. It has been brought up to me that maybe it's time the group just kind of...disbands. And, to be honest, it had been something that keeps crossing my mind but I keep pushing far, far away.

There's a lot of changes going on for so many of us, and we keep hoping things will pick back up. The question is: is it?

I'd love to hear from ALL of you. What are your thoughts? Your concerns? What do you think we should do?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to CMLeach

Ugh, Chris, that is a sad but good point. I know that we all have so many commitments it's getting harder to keep up with the requirements. As for myself, I've hardly done any scrapping, and I don't know when that will change. I hate to see the group disband, but I would completely understand if it is the right thing to do.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

Chris,

It seems we have all drifted away for extended periods of time. It is a fun group but the zeal seems to have faded a bit. I would hate to see it disbanded as it is an awesome group but maybe a hiatus is in order. We have all had so many changes going on in our lives, some more than others

As I pulled this forum up to check in, I saw I hadn't checked in during Feb. Dang, I know I thought of it and I see I didn't follow through.

All our lives seem to be a bit busier. I know mine is (BTW, I am a perm employee now!) and I have added some OT to my schedule. I haven't managed my free time well enough to check in here, let alone scrap. Lost the mojo, as we all have at times.

My vote is a hiatus, which the realist in me knows it could end up in disbanding. All of you have become a part of my life that I treasure and I really don't want to lose the connection.

'Nuff said. Heading into Seattle with my Sister today.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to Chell Rae

no check-ins to review.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Chell Rae

• Chell Rae Said:
Chris,

It seems we have all drifted away for extended periods of time. It is a fun group but the zeal seems to have faded a bit. I would hate to see it disbanded as it is an awesome group but maybe a hiatus is in order. We have all had so many changes going on in our lives, some more than others

As I pulled this forum up to check in, I saw I hadn't checked in during Feb. Dang, I know I thought of it and I see I didn't follow through.

All our lives seem to be a bit busier. I know mine is (BTW, I am a perm employee now!) and I have added some OT to my schedule. I haven't managed my free time well enough to check in here, let alone scrap. Lost the mojo, as we all have at times.

My vote is a hiatus, which the realist in me knows it could end up in disbanding. All of you have become a part of my life that I treasure and I really don't want to lose the connection.

'Nuff said. Heading into Seattle with my Sister today.

I know I have drifted away. Honestly I had to check the first page to even see who the current SHCG members were. And a few haven't posted in months.

The group may have run it's course and rather than try to recruit new members it may be better to go on hiatus.

It reminds me of some of my other hobbies. When the enthusiasm/membership drops the remaining groups consolidate. Maybe we should consolidate/join up with another critique group?

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae

Happy Spring to all. I hope Spring has shown up where you are.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Chell Rae

Sigh. It seems we certainly all have hiatus'd. I'll leave the thread open for us all to check in and say hi. Hopefully, we can meet back up at some point and get SH rolling again....

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

sigh

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Chell Rae

oh no! what depressing news to come back to i haven't been around either, i haven't been scrapping and just had stuff going with me that kept me form alot of things....but since NSD I realized how much I missed being here so I am coming back to try and be more active

I understand though that we have all had changes and busy busy busy......I will still pop in to say hello

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

Hey Margaret! Been a long time! Hope all is well i your neck of the woods.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to CMLeach

Just stopping to say hi in case anyone is lurking around.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

I am still lurking now and then.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Chell Rae

Me too. I lurk from time to time when the crazy allows.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

You do appear to have your hands full, in a very good way. I do miss this group and I hope we come back together at some point. I am glad I found most of you on FB. I enjoy seeing what is going on and how the kids are growing up. Way too fast if you ask me, and I only get to see them grow from a distance. duh.

have a great one.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Chell Rae

I had been planning to write a thorough post here at some future point but was never ready to. Today, I was on this site to verify some travel info (by looking at my old LOs) & there was no way I could NOT stop by to say hi...

In case the newer members do not know, my husband Greg passed away on Feb 2nd due to a heart condition & my life has been in a tailspin ever since.

Chris, thank you for letting the veterans (& maybe even the newbies, I don't know) know. Thank you all for the kind words of condolences, the thoughts, the gifts. I am severely behind on thank you notes but am sort of chugging along...

I miss Greg terribly. I miss my previous life terribly too. BUT I have done a lot of work since & have come a long way - am in weekly therapy, did a remarkable 7 wk grief group, have connected w/ other widows, single moms etc. I noticed my progress when I received recent news that someone from my high school class (who I didn't know) also lost her husband...immediately I felt total empathy for her, because there is NO amount of money you could pay me to return to that awful first week. That first week sucked, big time (you might remember how wonderfully we all got along as a family, well there was family drama to some extent on BOTH sides, death brings out a lot of emotions as you can imagine, so had to contend w/ that as well as the overwhelming devastation).

I know you all understand but for the record, I really miss being a part of SHCG! I miss being on top of Monthly Challenges & dreaming of responding to them some day. I know I will scrap again one day but right now it's a luxury to even organize/upload the photos I have in waiting. I have a sh!tload of estate stuff to still deal with, very long to-do list I'm tackling of stuff that needs to be done in the wake of Greg's death. I got the more important stuff done but then the mail comes & boom there are several more things to do, fun fun...

Caruso is now 2.5 yrs old & a bundle of delight & defiance! Being a single work-outside-of-the-home mom is exhausting - I get no respite - but I draw inspiration from others like Chris who have to deal w/ long absences from their husbands, or from my cousin who's husband was deployed to Afghanistan. I can do this, I have no choice! There's a "good" side in Caruso being so young... he's not as cognizant of Greg's loss so it's not, say, interfering with his schooling or something. But the down side is that his memories of his dad supposedly will fade because his memory is still developing. I don't know...he still recognizes & remembers a LOT about Greg so I hope he retains glimmers of memories as he grows older. AND of course we have tons of pics, videos & SCRAPBOOKS to remember Greg by.

I'm grateful I'm connected to many of you on Facebook...since I have it on my phone, it's easy to stay connected to people quickly there (rather than logging onto Sb.com). But I DO hope to log onto here more in the future, I'm sure there are LOs in the LO thread that would be a great diversion for me when I have the time to check them out. I guess we are all busy & a temporary hiatus for the group is healthy. Sheesh I don't even know what's going on the sb.com world - for all I know sticker-sneeze is back & Cricuts are outdated as cassette tapes! Ha, would be interesting for me to see what's "trending" now, if I had the time...

Today would've been Greg's & my 9th anniversary. I said this to a sb.com friend on FB - my scrap friends are in a special category because you all had a front row seat to my life through my LOs, you saw the things in my life that were important enough for me to scrap. And as you all know, one of my all-time favorite scrap subjects was GREG.

I'm hanging in there & learning to deal with this weird new normal. Caruso is a great source of inspiration & strength. We will probably relocate next year to another part of NYC to reduce my commute time & expenses (Houston is always my safety net but NYC is home & I wanna try to make it work for now). I'm mostly optimistic about our future relocation but sad & anxious too, as our current home was the home Greg & I chose together & it's been the address in the city that I've had the longest (that's a whole 'nother thread...).

Again, thank you so much for your thoughts & concerns. I hope you all are enjoying the summer & I'm glad there's a little bit of activity in here....I think one day SHCG will be back from our hiatus in some kind of form, though altered or reduced, sharing thoughts, news & craft with one another.

Love,

Me

Edited by blushpea on 06-19-13 12:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to blushpea

Sharon,

My heart aches often for you and Caruso. I see your posts and see your progression through this tough time in your lives and I am in awe. You are an inspiring person, not only in scrapping, but in life as well. I admire your strength and feel honored that I was among those that you shared your memories through scrapping.

I hope to see this group re-instated at some point as I learned tons and enjoyed everyone involved.

again...

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics