Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: ~~SCRAP HAPPENZZ Critique Group~~ version 2012 *CLOSED and ACTIVE*        (Topic#1568987)
CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

This is the NEW home, starting 2012, of the The Original Scrap Happenzz Critique Group, established in Nov. '06! I'm Chris, the newest of the SHCG Coordinators. We provide each other with INSPIRATION & SUPPORT, scrap-related or otherwise! Our group is constantly evolving & rejuvenating. Here's mo':

We are:
- a tightly-knit bunch of dynamic, artistic souls who like to chat, create and help each other become the best scrappers/crafters we can be. We are scrafters of varying abilities & styles, & are appreciative & respectful of each others’ creative differences!
- a group of no more than 15 very non-traditional peeps. Sometimes our brand of twisted humor & progressive viewpoints have been known to rub the easily offended &/or very conservative population the wrong way.
- a friendly, nice and supportive group nonetheless!
- NOT just a mutual admiration society! We give honest, constructive feedback - compliments AND suggestions, where we think applicable!

SHCG Terms:
*Submit 2 contributions per month to the Scrap Happenzz Layouts Critique Thread for critique. Contributions may be in the form of los, sketches, photos, cards, and various "scrafty" projects. Note: 2-page LOs are usually counted as 1 submission unless otherwise indicated.
**As a new, "try-on-for-size" idea: submissions can also include something you've found to be a scrap inspiration and/or photos you've taken over the month. Include just a little blurb about them in the description section of the image in the gallery and you're good to go! (Please give feedback on this as the year progresses.)

*Honestly and thoughtfully critique all contributions within 10 days from the post date, and precede critiques with "SHCG" (e.g., "SHCG- This page rocks, but it would be more hardcore with stilettos for embellishments.").

*Check-in and chat with this main thread at least once a week. The better we know each other & the closer we feel w/ one another, the more comfortable & appreciative we are to receive/give critiques.

*tRAKking will be very laid back at this time and will only occur for our new pledgezz in order to prove their commitment to the group before being moved to CAM statue.

The SHCG Flexible Plan:
We are very understanding of life's priorities, but membership does take a little time commitment!
*If a member knows she will not be able to meet the contribution minimum, she can indicate this in the main thread, and will be excused of her obligations for the month.

*Our group purpose is provide thoughtful critiques to each other’s work; compliments addressing specific details also count as critiques. Ideally, we aim to post feedback within 10 days (though we understand that real life takes precedence & sometimes may affect 100% fulfillment of this guideline).

*Individuals have the option to notify members they haven't received critiques from them after 10 days should they wish to seek more feedback.

SHCG Perks:
*We have our own BLOG where we keep track of everything!
*We host Challenges, rotated among members. We post them on the BLOG & as of 12/08, in the space below . They are very fun, inspirational & OPTIONAL.
*We give and get birthday gifties from our Wish Lists (optional swap).
*We learn more about each other through our optional QueZZtion of the Moments, posted in our blog/thread (memberZZ answer as blog comments, pledgeZZ answer in the thread).
*We may hold contests when we feel like it.
*We do all sorts of other fun stuff that members may suggest - swaps, gift exchanges, etc!
*We collaborate on how to keep this group running efficiently.

Current Active Members:
1. blushpea = Sharon (Group Coordinator 10/07-12/11 / Monthly Challenge Coordinator/tRAKker/Bloga holic)
2. twinscrapbee = Brenda (Birthday Badazz, Spelling B & Swift Arse Kicker)
3. Gelidy Gelato = Lisa
4. *jesse* = Jesse
5. .MaRLeNe. = Marlene (TRAKker)
6. Chell Rae = Michelle
7. Scrappinmomto2girls = Margaret
8. CMLeach = Chris (Group Coordinator starting 1/2012)
9. Amms_c = Ammara
10. slyn11 = Roselyn
11. autumngold = Deb

PledgeZZ:
Pledges will be moved to CAM status after three months of proven commitment as outlined above.

If you have been removed from the Current Active Members or Pledgezz List, it is due to lack of participation. Please PM me if you wish to re-join.

Past Members in Good Standing:
These ladiezz were major contributors who still come by to say hello. We look forward to their visits.
denitza = Denitza (Charter Member)
WendyGirl = Wendy
Scrapping Diva = Tay
lifeinthefastlane = Amanda
janet28rn = Janet
Cajaya = Mel
whenscraphappenzz = Tiffany
cmeinstlouis = Christy
Scrappin Kitty = Amanda
X3jessicalouise = Jess (Charter Member)
miss becky = Becky
Wacky Watson = Sarah
Kaleidoscope = Kayla, aka K, Group Leader 6/07- 10/07
Scrapbooks by Moi = Moi (Charter Member)
Ironscrapper = Katie
nannieannie = Annie
Jenfitz = Jen
Sosumi San = Angela
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/07-6/07
(Note: exclusion of past members doesn't necessarily mean they're in "bad standing;" it just means they no longer stop by. Or, maybe they are in bad standing! Heh.).

Founder
She gave us life!
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/06 - 6/07

Current Monthly Challenge:
January's Challenge - MC #1 by Amms
Happy 2013 everyone!
Do you make new years resolutions? More importantly...do you keep the resolutions that you make? The challenge for this month is to scrap about a resolution(s) that you've made in the past and reflect on how those went. We're you successful? If not, what went wrong? Have you made any resolutions this year?

Upcoming Monthly Challenge Schedule:

Edited by CMLeach on 01-06-13 03:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Woohoo, it's nice & roomy in here!

THANKS for starting a new thread, Chris.

Off to add this to my faves. Hope to catch up w/ the end of the last thread soon, then the LOs!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to blushpea

Made it over. Hopefully I'll have something scrappy to share soon. I have been busy re-doing my office/scraproom so that has taken most of my scrap energy lately.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

Woo hoo! I found it without getting lost! What a great way to start a new year.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to Chell Rae

A new thread is almost like having a clean scraproom. It's really nice and refreshing... and then I can't wait to mess it all up again.

Day 10 of 2012

Things I've done: Read this thread, added it to my faves, and noted that our members have birthdays in almost consecutive months--April, May, June, July... then September. Leave it to our leader to stick out.

Things I haven't done: Comment on some posts in the old thread, finish and send out packages with your names on them, and post January contributions. Cool thing is, I'm looking forward to checking these off my list.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to twinscrapbee

Happy New Year & New Thread, Scrap Happenzz!

Michelle - Cool monthly challenge!

Chris - Yeah, re Joey saying his name! That is wonderful. THANKS for the fresh new thread!

Shouts out to all our memberzz (& a former member, who came by recently to say hi) - Denitza, Lisa, Michelle, Marlene, Brenda, Chris, Jesse, Margaret & Ammara! Mwah.

SO the last time I wrote an update to you guys, I had my post-Christmas illness...some things that have happened since -

- An old friend passed away. Attended the funeral last week, sad stuff.

- New Yr's was nice & mellow - dinner out w/ the 3 of us then Caruso went to sleep & G&I watched the ball drop on TV. Had my 1st glass of wine since last January - parTAY!

- Caruso got really sick AGAIN. Different thing from what I had & what he had in early Dec. Bronchiolitis (needed an inhaler) plus his ear infection from early Dec never fully went away OR he got a new one! So he's on different antibiotics now, through Saturday.

- Despite last wk's illness, Little Man is MUCH better now. He says "baby" now (he also says "Mama" & "Dada" but sometimes he just uses those as babbling sounds). He LOVES the push & ride scooter my sister's family gave us, so much so we have to hide it! (he's not at the point where his feet can push him along so we're the ones who have to bend down to push him all around). He is quite the lovemuffin.

- I am really hoping I am not getting sick again as well, w/ what Caruso had. Feel like I'm staving it off though, oh well...

- I almost scrapped! All I need to do is finishing touches on this 2-pager I did MONTHS ago when I took a vacay day...but when I went to do so, I couldn't find the Cricut letters I had pre-cut, they were just missing from the baggie I put 'em in! Sigh.

- Looking ahead - My goals for the year are to balance exercise & scrapping more into my life again. But I remain realistic about what I can actually do while also continuing my life as Caruso's mommy!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

whooo hooo new digs

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Re-Post from old thread with new information

I am so sorry this is a bit late on posting but here is the first challenge for the NEW year.

REVISION: I was so neglectful in telling everyone about MC Response to #8, December is Here - Brenda's Top 3 Christmas Films. Bad me, but it is a fantastic LO...make sure you check it out.

Scrap a LO using a NEW technique (one that you have never done or one that you have been dying to try out), or a NEW style (for you, scraplifting is a great option here), this can include using some NEW "tool" to create a LO.

I hope this expands our horizons on what NEW LO's we can create with our wonderful minds.

This is also posted on the Blog.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

• twinscrapbee Said:
A new thread is almost like having a clean scraproom. It's really nice and refreshing... and then I can't wait to mess it all up again.

So looking forward to this long weekend! Getting together with some friends on Monday to scrap, other than that I'll probably chill. 2012 has been a trying year already... there is the possibility that Tank might have serious health issues and yesterday it was announced that the plant that I work at might be shutting down.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to *jesse*

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for the shout-out to Brenda's challenge response, Michelle!

Oh Jesse, am sending my bestest wishes about the plant & especially about the beloved Tank. He is practically our mascot. xoxoxo I hope your boy gets through this okay, give him lots of snuggles & kisses from us, we are pulling for him.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to blushpea

Hey all! Glad you're liking our new digs!

Admin-ish Time:
Item #1: There were a few things Sharon and I discussed changing in our terms. These new terms are in red. Please take a moment to review them and provide some input. If a majority is content with the changes and everyone is ready for some "new blood" in the group, then I hope that we can post an OPEN sign starting February 1st.
Item #2: November & December tRAKking. I will get them completed in the near future! I promise! Maybe even today?

• twinscrapbee Said:

Complete for this comment, Bren. Sorry for sticking out on the Birthday list. And your to do list is just awesomeness!

Jesse -- Bestest wishes for both you and Tank in this new year. Agree with Sharon that he is like our mascot. Hugs and bones to that big boy. And to you...the hugs, not the bones.

Michelle -- thanks for bringing the MC over here too! And for the shout-out to Bren's awesome response.

Sharon -- What a crazy time it's been for you and that little one of yours! Seems ear infections are sticking around a bunch longer -- a few kids in playgroup have had them stick for a month or more with antibiotics, so Caruso's definitely part of "the norm" it seems, on that one lately. to almost scrapping! Total faith in you pulling through on your goals for the year.

Hi to Lisa for finding your way over and to everyone else that will eventually make their way!

As for me:
It's been a rough end of 2011/start of 2012.
  • Mom's best friend's mom passed away the week before Christmas. I made it home in time for the wake, thankfully.
  • My "uncle" lost two of his brothers on December 29th & 30th -- both were completely separate natural causes (one bro in Germany, one in NJ). Did not get back home for that.
  • My grandmother called on Sunday to inform me (and have me inform her daughter, my mom) that another family friend passed the end of last week.
  • Oh, and I've pretty much cut my mom's family entirely out of our lives (see above re: me having to spread news versus her "manning up" and speaking to her own daughter...and some other stuff)

Playgroup is crazy. Lots of pregnancies = lots of baby showers (I think we have one every month from now through summer) = me making LOTS of diaper cakes = us non-preggos having to pick up some of the playgroup "slack".

Have someone living with us right now. Supposedly. Apparently his [email protected] is taking up space in my house while he isn't, and it's ticking both DH and I off more than if he was actually living here. Which, btw, DH got home this week!

Having "Christmas" with the ILs on Sunday here. Yes, this late. Yes, because of DH just getting home. Yep, I'm cooking.

Oh, and I'm waiting on a new laptop to arrive tomorrow. Been writing this whole post minus my dominant shift key. Try not using your left shift key for an entire day/week/etc. DIFFICULT! No, that's not the reason for a new laptop -- mine will be 6-years-old in April. Well past a laptop's usual "expiration" date. My lid was also crazy messed up, too...and the laptop was just bogging down, big time. So I'm excited. Plus, a 500GB hard drive versus 80gigs. SWEET!!!!

Tons of Headed to make pizza dough for dinner tonight.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CMLeach

Chris That was a lot for one holiday season.

It's an exciting new year so far even though it is raining here.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

The last of the 2011 tRAKking. My cutoff was today, 1/17/2012.

NOVEMBER 2011
There were 6 required submissions plus 2 extras this month for a total of 8 submissions.

Sharon (Blushpea)
Check-ins: 3/5
Submissions: 0
Total # of layouts to critique: 6
Critiques within 10 day window: 0
Critiques after 10 day window: 8

Brenda (Twinscrapbee)
Critiques within 10 day window: 8
Critiques after 10 day window: 0

Lisa (Gelidy Gelato)
Check-ins: 5/5
Submissions: 2
Total # of layouts to critique: 4

Jesse (*Jesse*)
Critiques within 10 day window: 2

Brian (BrianFuchs)
Check-ins: 0/5

Michelle (Chell Rae)
Check-ins: 4/5
Submissions: 2 (+1 extra)
Challenge Responses: 1
Critiques within 10 day window: 4

Margaret (Scrappinmomto2girls)

Ammara (Amms_c)
Check-ins: 1/5

Chris (CMLeach)
Submissions: 2 (+1 extra)
Critiques within 10 day window: 5

DECEMBER 2011
There were 5 required submissions.

Sharon (Blushpea)
Total # of layouts to critique: 5
Critiques after 10 day window: 4

Brenda (Twinscrapbee)
Check-ins: 2/5
Submissions: 1
Challenge Responses: 1
Total # of layouts to critique: 3
Critiques within 10 day window: 2
Critiques after 10 day window: 2

Lisa (Gelidy Gelato)

Jesse (*Jesse*)
Critiques within 10 day window: 1
Critiques after 10 day window: 3

Brian (BrianFuchs)

Michelle (Chell Rae)
Critiques within 10 day window: 3

Margaret (Scrappinmomto2girls)

Ammara (Amms_c)

Chris (CMLeach)
Check-ins: 5/5
Critiques within 10 day window: 1
Critiques after 10 day window: 2

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CMLeach

AND.... Drumroll, please....

Our most awesome-est Bren is our RAK winner for the last third of 2011! While she may not have submitted tons and tons, she did comment on every single submission (required & extra) over the last 4 months.

So...a $10 sb.com e-certificate will be on your way, once I figure out what I need to send it there. (Email address?)

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Chris - Egads, that does sound like a rough end 2011/start of 2012. Hoping for sunnier times ahead this year... I know the playgroup babies will add some cheeriness to the mix! Interesting re: your new home occupant, hope that's going ok. Yay re: DH being home! How was belated Christmas?? Big THANKS for the tRAKking!

Congrats to Brenda for receiving the tRAKking RAK! You were always such a strong contender, it's awesome to see you finally win.

Hi Lisa!

Well Caruso's bronchiolitis got better then he got just a regular cold. Then I got it, which is more preferable than my getting him sick. Meanwhile, Greg threw his back out early this week AND he fell & hurt his knee today! Oy. Fridays are the only day I can run an errand after work (normally I have to rush home to pick up Caruso because Greg works late Mon-Thurs) & I was really looking forward to using some store credit to buy a new Pandora charm. BUT I gotta go pick up Caruso again because Greg is in too much pain! Not complaining, gotta do what we gotta do & I love caring for my boys. But sometimes a lil retail therapy helps! (I guess I can online shop but I can't use this store's credit online)

Anywho, the weekend ahead has laundry, baby-stuff, house-stuff, some errands & hopefully some Cricut-letter cutting (so I can finally finish my 2nd post-baby LO) & putting photos into albums! Oh & yeah some resting too, so this cold can be gone. Oh & YEAH, sometimes NY Giants watching! (I really only get into football during the postseason & it's been a good 'un...I'm pretty sure not all of you share my NYG enthusiasm...)

Have a great weekend!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to blushpea

Greetings from the great snow land. Don't laugh at us Pacific Northwesterners, the snow is terrible in a city with lots of hills. The roads were very nasty and my building closed for 3 days...thankfully. I walked to the bus stop on Thursday and almost fell over a dozen times and saw the few cars on the road sliding around. Scary.

We are warming up a bit and not the great run off will happen...plus we just had a wind storm so I am sure there are a ton of broken trees (they were covered in snow and ice and sagging). I am sure it will business as usual by Monday.

Meanwhile my sister from Alaska arrived on Friday and was laughing at our news about the snow. Snow and ice is a daily winter experience for her. We will be watching the games tomorrow and, sorry Sharon, NOT rooting for the Giants NOR the Patriots. I am rooting for SF because they are in my conference and then Baltimore. Just sayin'

Have a great weekend and week...stay safe, healthy and warm

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Chell Rae

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

*sigh*

I'm in a mood, which I'll save you all from, but hence my not posting in several days. The good thing this weekend: friends drove down from Richmond to visit. And DH cooked, and it was good.

Bren - can you msg me your email address when you get a chance? Or I'm going to go about tracking you down on FB. Or maybe I should have just started there, lol.

Sharon - Happy with the NYG game yesterday? Should be an interesting SB.

Michelle - hope you enjoyed your sister's visit!

Hi Lisa!

Edited by CMLeach on 01-23-12 08:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to CMLeach

First, my deepest sympathies to Chris and Sharon for the losses in your lives. Whether it's one goodbye or several in succession, they're never easy. It makes mourning difficult, either way, when a death has to be the thing that brings an end to drama, or when drama can't end even in the wake of death.

Jesse, I can only hope Tank sticks around longer than expected, pain-free and happy, despite his health issues. I know you'll give him all the love he needs, and we're here for you both. I'm also hoping things work out for the best regarding the job. Here, in the East Bay, another reported shutdown resulted in hundreds of job losses. I don't want you to suffer the same fate. I can't believe our nation's economic situation can still shock me, but it does... everyday!

Sharon, it seems like just when one of you gets better, another complication presents itself, but awesome of you to take it all in stride. I wouldn't be surprised if those letters show up after you've already cut new ones, and I'm sure the extra set will find a happy place in future creations, too.

Chris, good to read your Holidays are extended with the hubby home and 2012 rings in a new laptop. I hope as you've cut off one ugly head off the family drama queen, you don't have one replaced by your home's new tenant. I'll send you my new addy, and I'm cool with the admin stuff.

Chellby, you be carefy.

Lisa!

Did everyone hear? I won a RAK?! MOI? That's awesome. I really can't accept. Really. I'd like to thank the SHacademy for this award, my faceless fans for their silent support, this website for supplying the vehicle that transports my comments, acronyms for making it easier to type, my typing teacher in high school, Mr. Allen, myself for being so awesome-- Can someone please turn down the music so I can finish please?! Wait, don't start applauding, I'm not done. Andmykittyforkeepingmecom panyduringscrafti--

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c

Hi Girls!
Sorry I've been MIA for SO SO long all my scrapbooking things have been packed up for months and I was in Pakistan for my BILs wedding and then I was busy moving back to your side of the world..Canada and my hometown!
We came back a few days ago and all my things are being shipped were in a temporary house for a month from my work until we find a place of our own so I dont think I'll be scrapping for a little while longer. Am still ok to be in this group?
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and new years!!
I'm going to catch up on posts from this year now!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

Amms - You're perfectly fine! We all have our transition times in our lives, and you just happen to be in one of them! Stick around, keep us updated, and get everything dealt with before worrying about anything scrapbook-y like. I feel like I missed the talk about you moving back here, though, lol.

Ahhh Bren - your speech just...sigh...overwhelming.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Michelle - Hope you remained safe safe through all that snow! Sorry (but just a little bit) that your Superbowl picks didn't make it.

Speaking of football, those of you on Facebook can see that Greg tagged me in a very cute video of Caruso signaling "touchdown!" (if you're not my friend there yet, feel free to add me).

Chris - Very pleased about the NYG game, thankyouverymuch!

Brenda - Your speech sure makes the highlight reel! And the dress, dahling, it's to-die-for chic.

Ammara
- Welcome back to North America! How does it feel to be back?? Of course you are okay for the group, many of us have had/are having low-or-no-scrapping transition time.

Soo when Greg got his knee xray'ed at the ER after his fall, he said all was fine, just a bruise & swelling, maybe a ligament strain/tear. BUT he went to his regular doc, then an orthopedist, & turns out he has a fracture! It's not that bad, no surgery or cast needed, but he needs to wear a brace for a few weeks. He's been home from work for several days, resting & seeing doctors. I hate seeing him in pain & yes I have to pull more Caruso-duties (now BOTH dropoffs & pickups after work) but we will get through this!

I still hope to Cricut-cut those letters soon so I can finally finish my 2nd post-baby LO. Hope to get that done this weekend. One good thing about wintertime is there are less social engagements, thus more time for me/us/baby/house-stuff...

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to blushpea

Welcome back to the continent, Amms !

Hang in there, Caruso clan.

Thank goodness I didn't have a nipslip in front of the press, Chris. Whew!

I'm sure you've all noticed that I have not posted any football commentary. My siggy sums it up.

Catch up on personal stuff later.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Hi everyone, thanks for the well wishes. Trying not to worry about anything that is out of my control, but some days are better than others!

Sharon, hope everyone in your house is well soon.

Chris, hope your world is getting better too!

Ammara, sounds like you've had a lot going on. Hope you're settled in soon.

Brenda, I am completely on board with your football signature.

Michelle, that storm sounded pretty bad for an area that isn't used to dealing with that weather. Our winters must be flip-flopped, we have not had very much snow at all.

to everyone else, hope I didn't miss anything important but I'm at work and trying to post quickly.... happy Friday everyone!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to amms_c

Greetings

to all that need them

Just poppin' in as I have so much cleaning to do this weekend. ugh!

Have a great week and I am thinking of all of you.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to Chell Rae

O...M...G... The last day of January is already here. I doubt I'll get to contribute any work this month.

Jesse, itkwym, sometimes that's the only way you can handle things.

Returning the , Chellby.

I have yet to share recent goings-on. Until then, here's to a better month for everyone.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Last day of the month...egads!

Already 1/12th of the way through the year. Seriously?!

And I have a sick baby. And taxes to do. And life to deal with. And, and, and....DH leaves Sunday for Brazil again. Blergh.

Are we in the mood for/wanting me to open up membership to the group this coming month? Asking for input before unilaterally deciding something.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Checking in, want to take a stroll in the LO thread then I will catch up in here...

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to blushpea

Chris, I got cottonmouthed, like my drama does when she's fearful for her life over the least scary things like snapping open a plastic bag or the garage door opening, when you mentioned opening the SHdoors to new memberzz. I worried about my non-contributions in January, and that we didn't have enough entries up for critique in the last month. I also thought we could wait 'til Amms was settled in and Marlene returned. Then, I rechecked the critique thread and noticed that 5 our 9 memberzz posted los. If IIIII had gotten MY SHtuff together, that would've been 2/3 of the group.

Long story short: new memberzz

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

I'm popping in now because I have this bad feeling I'll be dropping off the radar here (but not on FB) with a lot going on.

DH heads back to Brazil Sunday. Lots of crazy there.

If you're a FB friend you already know *most* of the rest of the crazy...otherwise, the Cliffs Notes:
  • Neighbor with pneumonia (also a great friend) has been in the hospital since Sunday night, but just put on vent and moved to ICU Thurs AM. She also has MRSA.
  • Playgroup Mommy had her little girl at 8:32pm 1/29. She was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (aorta & left ventricle do not develop appropriately). Surgery was an option, but apparently there were complications (unsure if they even attempted the surgery, which would have been the first of 3). She passed at 11:45am on 2/2.
  • Playgroup Mommy is 28w pregnant with identical twins. Today she was admitted to the hospital after her 28w ultrasound. She's been diagnosed with Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome. The twins are both in danger of premature birth or intrauterine death.
  • Oh, and my dad may have cellulitis again. It nearly killed him 8-9 years back. Seems like he caught it early this time, but it's still another additional stressor, for obvious reasons.

My life has gotten a bit crazy, for obvious reasons. We're back to meal making (I still DO love TakeThemAMeal.com for that) and trying to care for extra kiddos. Plus trying to stay well, get over being sick, yada yada.

I'll have a better idea as to what's going on come tomorrow/Sunday, and after that will know exactly when I'll be getting our membership drive post up. (Maybe I should work on that post now while I've got tons of nervous energy??)

Later all!

Edited by CMLeach on 02-03-12 07:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CMLeach

so sorry to hear Chris.

Hi everyone

go giants

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae

Howdy! popping in to say hi and head back into the kitchen to start prepping for the Super Bowl feast.

Catch up later!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Chell Rae

Ugh, Chris, hopefully things are looking up soon.

No football until August.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

A big THANK YOU to Sharon for reminding me that I had February's MC. Oops on my part.

Anyways:

Forgive my lateness in posting the February Monthly Challenge.

As Little Man grows up, I've been learning that a) scrapbooking is easier to do because he's easier to occupy, b) I have a PLETHORA of photos I love but have no real association to anything worthy of scrapping on it's own and c) I need to scrap more in the here-and-now.

That all being said, I sat down earlier this year after writing a list of all the words kiddo was saying, and I scrapped it...Right THEN (well, okay, then being after he went down for his nap). I then left the layout somewhere I had access to it for the remainder of the day and proceeded to add additional words to it that I had missed on the earlier list.

Here's that layout, Right Now: Words -
Right Now: Words, Jan 2012 (*SHCG MC #2*) By CMLeach
So here is your challenge:
Scrap something RIGHT NOW. Scrap a moment in the present. Project Lifers, you have an advantage here. Include "Right Now" in your title.

Ideas for this challenge would be like my above words list, also little funny quips your kid(s), family, friends, co-workers may have said today. Scrap it before you forget it!

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to CMLeach

Hello ladies,
How is everyone? It really does sound like everyone has so much gong on n their lives right now.
Just a quick update on mine..we're busy looking for a place to stay right now because my work put me up in this apartment for only one month..so far we haven't had much luck because we're really looking for a place close to work/groceries etc because we don't have a car yet and it's really tough to get by here without a car. The things had shipped from holland arrived yesterday including my scrapbook things but won't be opening them until we move. Also my younger sister is getting married in March so there's lots of prep for that as well!!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

I'll just copy-and-paste this from Facebook. Welcome to my life.

UH OH.... SOMEONE, my son, just appeared next to me on the couch. He WAS in his crib and had just woken from his nap. CRAAAAAP.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

Jess - Squeezes to you & Tank, hope all's going well.

Chris
- Sending my most positive vibes to you & those around you who need it. Special condolences to the playgroup mommy who lost her little girl. I can't even imagine how devastating that must be, I know having supportive peeps around her like you & the other members will help as she travels down the long road to healing.

Meanwhile, holy moly, big boy Joey has hit a new level of mobility!

Re: new members, I love what Brenda wrote:

• twinscrapbee Said:
Chris, I got cottonmouthed, like my drama does when she's fearful for her life over the least scary things like snapping open a plastic bag or the garage door opening, when you mentioned opening the SHdoors to new memberzz. I worried about my non-contributions in January...

Long story short: new memberzz

In short, I'm the same, concerned due to my spotty participation BUT I think it'll be positive & fun for the group too.

And TERRIFIC MC! I will add it to my list of challenges that I WILL get to, someday...

Brenda, see above quote.

Ammara, wow that's a lot going on! Good luck finding a place.

Hiya, Michelle!

Woohoo, Lisa, probably the only one in this thread who rooted for the Giants too!

Life is good here - Caruso continues to be amazing & cute, he can say "no" (& "yes" less so) but he only partially understands what they mean. According to his 15 month checkup he is healthy physically and developmentally but is measuring a little light and small so we have to focus on making sure he gets plenty of high calorie food. He's loving the Radio Flyer walker wagon we just gave him & he's gravitating towards his toy cars - such a boy!

I Cricut-cut my LO title! Just need to affix, & maybe Stickle, & my 2nd ever post-baby LO will be DONE. AND I started preliminary splanning on my new LO! Woohoo, slow & steady she goes...

I feel like I'm staving off another cold, ugh. Hope some extra sleep over the next few days fixes that. Meanwhile, Greg is steadily recovering from his knee fracture.

Continue to be obsessed w/ my Pandora bracelet, having fun rearranging my wishlist because I must NOT go crazy buying charms, it's like scrapbooking for my wrist I tells ya...

What's up w/ everybody's weekends? Plans w/ Greg's dad & bro tomorrow, gonna go to this great baby/kid play area near us that has classes & hosts parties (though we just go for their open playtimes). Then looking forward to the Grammys on Sunday night. Hope I see more of it than I did the Superbowl, I spent halftime & the 2nd half of it trying to put one verrrry energetic 15 mos old to sleep...he was prolly amped from the game. As those of you on FB have seen, we taught him how to signal "touchdown!", it is too cute...

Have a wonderful weekend, SHCG.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Chell Rae

Hey all!

First, the GOOD NEWS: my friend is OFF THE VENTILATOR as of yesterday morning! :D

Bren & Sharon - will be working on the post for some new blood and posting in the next few days...now that life seems to be settling back down here.

And Sharon, YES, a WHOLE NEW mobility level! What comes with it is my glasses being smashed into my face in the morning, or being jumped on, or or or... But definitely me not quite used to getting up earlier with him since he doesn't roll over and go back to sleep now. Can't wait to see your latest LO! Hope you're feeling better.

Amms - Lots coming up for you! Best of luck in finding a new abode and in your sister's wedding plans!

I'll likely have an update later on us. Someone's awoken and is trying to eat(?) my elbow. Guess I should feed him or something

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to CMLeach

Just wanted to drop by and let you all know that my job was eliminated Friday. I was prepared for the losing the job part; with the plant not running it was inevitable and it's a relief to not be wondering "when will it happen?" anymore. Unfortunately, there are not many jobs around here so it will be very hard to find a new one. The worst part was saying goodbye to everyone... that was much harder than I expected.

If anyone is interested, here is an article about it: http://clintonherald.com/local/x741513019/ADM- cuts-43-j...

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to *jesse*

hellloooo
just checking in
Jesse GOOOD LUCK finding a new job hope you find something you love with people that are good to work with!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

Oh Jesse! I didn't realize that was where you were working. Sad for you, but it looks like they gave you all a decent package to get you through a bit of time while you search for new jobs. I hope you're able to find something!

Hi Amms and everyone else!

Busy, busy day here. Just thought I'd say hi quick before having to (unfortunately) wake little man up since we're babysitting and, thinking it wouldn't be until a bit later, saying I'd go there versus them bring the kids here. Sigh. Oh well....

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

Popping in for a quick hello.

Jesse, I hope you find a new job soon. I know how difficult it can be.

Off to try and be creative with a shoe box (I was elected to come up with a shoe box float with a Mardi Gras theme for my team at work, ugh)

Have a good weekend everyone

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

And...the posts are UP in regards to looking for new memberzz! Sharon - I found your post from the last time we looked for memberzz and used it. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

Edited by CMLeach on 02-18-12 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CMLeach

I've already gotten THREE PMs from people interested in joining us!

That is all.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CMLeach

Hey everyone!

Michelle - can't wait to see what you come up with for you shoebox float! Post it, please?

I don't remember ever mentioning it, but when we got our new laptops they came with Windows 7, and it's been YEARS since we'd done any OS upgrades to our earlier laptops (we still using XP), and can I just say that for the sake of replying to everyone, the SNAP feature on Windows 7 makes it super-duper EASY now?

Things seem to be settling down around here FINALLY. Friend is starting the step down process at the hospital; she was moved out of ICU yesterday. Twin mommy is still hanging in at the hospital until her babies come -- they've told her they will not be letting her go past 34 weeks. It saddens me that, however, I do realize that come that point the babies will likely do better out than in. And the mommy who lost her baby is definitely doing better than we could have hoped.

On the playgroup side: there are several of us that will be taking part in March of Dimes/March for Babies at the end of April. Seriously need to get started on raising $$.

My dad was here the last two days. Mom comes to visit this coming week for a few days. I am super-duper-ly addicted to Pinterest, even more than usual. Part of my Pinterest addiction has to do with a change in my parenting. I've spent too much time not being present in Joey's experiences, and so I've decided to be more present, and to do that means doing activities and crafts and art together.

Anyways... Admin stuff: March 1st will bring new pledgeZZ. Start working on your new intros!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Checking in. Really wanna catch up in here soon but got lots pulling me in all sorts of directions. Until soon, sweets...

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to blushpea

Hello out there.

I'm going to guess that it's been a busy week for everyone?

Had Mom in town this week. Both Joey and I have been battling being sick on-and-off since Monday. As soon as I think we're well...well, we're not. And his sleep schedule has been all sorts of screwed up.

Just a few more days for new pledgeZZ. There has been A LOT of interest!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

I read all the posts and just have to say...wow...lots going on. Happy thoughts to all.

I have been busy with OT at work. Out of the house for over 13 hours a day leaves little time to do anything. It will be worth it when I get the paycheck.

We had a smattering of snow this morning and are expecting more tomorrow. Maybe another Snowmaggenden? (one of the names for the storm we had about a month ago that pretty much shut Seattle down for about 4 days).

Off to do some stuff around the house and maybe scrap to relax a bit later on.

Have a great weekend and a fabulous week.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Chell Rae

Hi lovelies,

FINALLY have a chance to catch up here!

Chris
- So happy your hospitalized friend is doing better & outta ICU! Wishing twin mommy the best. And great that angel-baby mom is doing all right. How is the increasingly-mobile & chatty Joey doing? Sigh, I so empathize w/ the on/off sick thing, we have been going through something similar. I've had a passing interest in Pinterest (as I often save a bunch of links in email drafts, of stuff I like or interesting articles) but is there a level of privacy if you don't want certain things visible? Cool about your parents' recent visit!

Jesse
- I am so sorry to hear about your job. Wishing you all the best!

Michelle
- Love the shoe box float. Groovy that you will have OT money coming to ya! Did you get a snowmageddon??

Heya Lisa, Ammara & everybody!

Wooo, exciting about the new memberZZ soon to arrive, will do my best to keep up!

I FINALLY finished my 2nd ever post-baby LO! It feels weird condensing the time I have to scrap, every thing about this LO was done w/ me nervously watching the clock wondering how long it will be until I get called to Mommy-duties, honestly it's hard for me to not be overly-self-critical, design wise. BUT at least these pics & memories are captured & ultimately, that's what's important! Hope to scan & upload...at some point.

Caruso had a bad 2 week virus that affected his sinuses, digestion, temperature, skin etc! It is gratefully over but now he's hella-teething. Sending good vibes to my baby! Meanwhile, he has been developing so much - he says no, Mama, Dada, Baby & his newest word - "uh oh"! Such a love.

Last week, one of my dear old friends passed away. He was the lead singer of a local band that was central in bringing many people together; in fact, most of my old music scene friends were met at his shows or through him. When I left my main band in '98, he snatched me up to be his bassist, we recorded a demo (great), we were fabulous music collaborators despite the one time we played live wasn't great for a few reasons. Ultimately, we were not the healthiest bandmates (very dramatic & sometimes toxic back then)...I won't sugarcoat, this guy had a biting, difficult side to him, yet everyone would agree he would remain endearing to all (even if he had to be endeared from a distance). We were close friends for a few years. He even engineered my 1st date w/ Greg! In the last decade, we would only see each other at occasional shows & events. Yesterday I went to his funeral - despite it being 2 hrs upstate there was a huge showing of people. They played some of his music during the long service & several people shared wonderful stories/speeches. Plus I saw lots of old friends...guess that's how funerals & weddings work, they connect people. Anyway, it's been a very emotional time but it's been nice(?) to bond w/ others on love for him & each other. Maybe one day I'll scrap a LO about him...

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to blushpea

Since it's midnight here on the East Coast, that means it's March 1st and time for new pledgeZZ. Read on down for that, but first:

Michelle -- Definitely be thinking the positive about those long hours. Hope you got to scrap-relax!

Sharon -- Already sent you hugs re: your friend. Such a sad time. Poor baby Caruso! I feel you guys on the on-and-off sick thing. I *think* (fingers crossed) that Joey and I are finally done with being sick after 1.5 weeks. Probably not. Here's hoping DH doesn't bring something back with him from Brazil next Wednesday so that we do stay well. Excited to see your new LO!

---------------------

ADMIN STUFF

Today we welcome a WHOLE SLEW of new pledgeZZ to our happy, little group. Please welcome:
1. Ashley / DNA301
2. Mother Goose
3. Deb / autumngold
4. Gina / Gina EH
5. Melanie / msareyani
6. Roselyn / slyn11

Since there are so many, I'll let them introduce themselves fully. This brings us to FULL CAPACITY. I'll be updating the first post with our new pledgeZZ and also putting out the *CLOSED* sign.

PledgeZZ -- feel free to add us as friends (I've sent requests to all of you already).

Everyone, please take a moment to introduce yourselves to one another!

Starting off, I'm Chris. New Jersey born and bred. Educated (college) in North Carolina. Former school teacher -- high school & elementary. Married a college friend -- he works offshore doing oil field construction/cleanup. We have am almost-23-month-old son, a cat, a dog (at times) and live in Virginia. Likes: my playgroup(!), chocolate, Pepsi, scrapping, my Nook and mystery/suspense/fantasy books, shows - House/Royal Pains/Mythbusters/In Plain Sight/Hell's Kitchen/Dirty Jobs/Blue Bloods/Covert Affairs. Dislike: water (can't swim, but live somewhere nearly surrounded by it and in a hurricane evac area -- never said I was smart), my in-laws (although this relationship has gotten better), animals without legs, being late.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to CMLeach

Um...Hiya! My name is Ashley (a/k/a DNA301) and I'm from New York City. I'm currently unhappily unemployed thanks to the State of New York being a royal pain in my rear end. I would like to work in the field of biological research though, once I get my state license issues figured out. I'm a leader in my local Girl Scout Troop (Daisies) and I dance at a local dance studio (this will be my 25th year there). Not married...no kids...have a beagle named Murphy though!

Likes- Anime/Manga, reading (sci-fi, med-fi, fantasy, steampunk, YA novels, philosophy books), writing, Zentangling, dancing, coloring, video games (specifically, anything from the Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts series and the MMORPG Fiesta), going to the movies, movie scores

Watches- House, M.D., Bones, Fringe, Once Upon a Time, Royal Pains, Body of Proof, Rizzoli and Isles, Blue Bloods, Ghost Adventures, Alcatraz, Terra Nova, and Doctor Who

Dislikes- Sleeping, Walking in heels, Times Square (only place in the world that triggers my panic attacks)

msareyani
Tenant
msareyani
In response to DNA301

Hello Everyone! My name is Melanie I live in Florida (which I hate!) and am married with three children (four including my husband). I am a scrapbookaholic and so love my husband for providing me the opportunity to stay home with my boys AND indulge in my "drug" of choice. I am a HUGE Elvis fan, and thus named my last son after him (Austin Presley). My background (before mom-hood) is in veterinary science, but have retired the scrubs for sweats instead. My all time dream is to one day live where it snows in the middle of nowhere with a scrap room all to myself that I can be "snowed in" and just scrap all the rest of my days. Look forward to getting to know and working with everyone!!!

Truly Scrappin,
Melanie

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to msareyani

Oh Ashley -- Happy BIRTHDAY!!

Gina_EH
Veteran
Gina_EH
In response to CMLeach

Hi everyone. I'm Gina and I am excited to become a member of the group. I live in Maryland with my husband. We've been married 5 years and have no children of our own. I adopted my then 11 year old brother when our mother passes in 2004. He's in college currently working on his degree in accounting. I have three additional brothers, all younger than me. All told between my husband's family and my own we have 13 nieces and nephews who range in age from 13 years to 4 days. I started scrapping because of them and haven't looked back.

I work as a clinical research coordinator which means I travel to hospitals/clinics/doctor' s offices who are participating in clinical research and verify the data they are reporting for the study we're running. It's interesting and exciting work and it keeps me busy and on the road. I'm actually in Cincinatti right now until the 9th.

Likes: scrapping, of course; traveling; attending sporting events; hiking; hanging out with my family; reading; watching tv; sweets; board games; dining out at unique places; shopping; swimming

Dislikes: Non compassionate people, traffic, dieting

TV shows I watch: How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, Persons of Interest, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter

I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Thanks for having me.

Gina

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Gina_EH

Chris - Thanks for the hugs about my friend. Yes we are hoping we are done being sick too (knock wood!).

WELCOME PLEDGEZZ!!

Ashley
- I'm in NYC too! Love beagles, hope we see Murphy in some LOs. Also hate walking in high heels (though I'll slip on a mid/kitten heel for occasions). My DH has gotten into Alcatraz, is it good? Happy Birthday, one day late!

Melanie
- I'm getting the sense you hate FL because you're originally from somewhere that snows & you miss it, correct? I'm in NY, wanna trade winters, LOL?! Excited to see you & your family in your LOs!

Gina - Wow sounds like a large loving family! Look forward to seeing them in your pages. Job sounds great, very cool you get to travel a lot.

Now for me...

I'm Sharon. I've scrapbooked since girlhood (with stuff like construction paper & Elmer's glue) & have been "modern scrapbooking" since '05. I LOVE scrapping multi-pic LOs w/ tons of journaling; those who know me already know that's my preferred method of scrapping my life (right, Scrap Happenzz??). My modern scrapbooking existence can be broken up into 2 eras: BB- "Before Baby" & AB- "After Baby." Regarding BB - I was coordinator for Scrap Happenzz from 10/07-12/11. I would scrap every weekend, usually Fridays after work. I used to do as many of Scrap Happenzz now-MCs (Monthly Challenges) as possible. I'd spend hours scrapping, on sb.com & even doing ATCs/greeting cards occasionally. But now, AB- "After Baby" - I have scrapped TWO LOs since our baby Caruso was born prematurely on Halloween 2010! That's an average of a LO every 8 months, better than nothing I guess. I barely have time to floss these days, let alone get my regular creative fix, but I have a wishlist of LOs to scrap & I am determined to do it when I can (not often), however I can! I started post-baby LO #2 on a vacation day last year & I was soo stressed because I was rushed (gotta finish before baby comes home!) & self-critical (I don't have time to make this look nice enough!) that I almost gave up scrapping for good that day; luckily scrap/Facebook friends convinced me that continuing to scrap was valuable for the memories, no matter what I think it looks like. Plus we are our own worst critics. So I do respectfully request that you please be both honest AND gentle w/ your critiques to me, while I get used to my AB style! Anywho, some BB non-scrap hobbies include working out & playing rock bass guitar but those are sidelined for now too. Basically, I'm enjoying being on Planet Nursing Mom right now but I still keep the hobbies-hope alive! I was raised in Houston & now live in NYC w/ my cute & hilarious DH Greg & the aforementioned wondermuffin Caruso. I do legal admin work at a global corporate firm, where I also do voiceovers for the firm's recorded phone messages ("You have reached our Washington DC office. Please dial 1 to enter a person by name"..."). I have a collection of charm bracelets (sterling & costume) & recently got into Pandora (it's like scrapbooking for my wrist, less time consuming than scrapping but unfortunately more expen$ive). As seen in my previous post, a longtime friend of mine passed away last week, rendering me pretty emotional. But also grateful for all that's good in life.

Watches: The Amazing Race, Men of a Certain Age, Modern Family, Jeopardy, Degrassi.
Listens to: All kinds of rock music (alternative, classic, blues, Southern) though the alternative/modern genre usually wins out. But I am totally not the music fiend I once was, the last album (yes I still say album) I got was released in, like, '09 or '10.
Likes: All kinds of rock music, strawberries, most desserts & soup, writing, reading, vacationing, daydreaming.
Dislikes: People who have no empathy, true crime stories, cliquishness.

(Whew this is long...you can now see how I end up with tons of journaling!)

Okay intro over...HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! Greg's dad's birthday is today, he requested a day w/ Caruso so they're off on a field trip together. Very exciting for both of them, they will have a great time! But of course I am watching my phone for updates...

msareyani
Tenant
msareyani
In response to blushpea

Nice to meet you Sharon. My first son was also born preemie... but is 5 years old now, and you would never tell the difference!

I unfortunately have NEVER seen snow or have lived up north of any kind. The closest I have been is the fake snow (typically soap bubbles or a big pile of ice) our community tries to put together around the holidays to get us in the "Christmas spirit". My husband is from NYC too and has had his share of snow, so convincing him to move may become a battle. LOL.

Like you, I have also put my love for scrapbooking and other hobbies on hold for my children (and husband to start his own business). But I have decided that I was missing out on preserving some precious memories of my boys without scrapping them. Plus having my "me" time is crucial to having a functioning Mommy! However, I'm only going to be "cool" and wanted by my kids for such a short period of time that it will be well worth any sacrifices now.

Nice meeting you!

Melanie

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to msareyani

Hi, I'm Deb. I live in Maryland also, I'm in Western Howard County, Gina where are you? I'm married with 1 DS who's 13 this month. I'm a software developer.

Likes: Traveling (I do lots of travel LOs!), reading (mostly SciFi), going out to dinner, my dream is to move to Florida, the only time I want to see snow is when I'm skiing!

TV shows: NCIS, Castle, Big Bang Theory, Mentalist, Burn Notice

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to autumngold

popping in to say. I will catch up hopefully tomorrow and meet the newbies (WELCOME!) and introduce myself. I am so tired from OT. off to take a nap.

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to Chell Rae

Hi Everyone!

Just getting a chance to post..hubby's birthday weekend and he is demanding. LOL

I am Roselyn from NJ...married for 7 years (wow time flew!). I work in a university library...nirvana for a book geek like me. I enjoy writing, reading, playing with paper, watching soaps (General Hospital is my favorite). I am also into sci-fi and horror...addicted to the ID channel....and BBC dramas and mysteries.

Since we are listing favorites - The color pink, mexican food, Lifehouse/TheCure/TheBeat les, Being Human UK, Chuck&Blair, TheVampireDiaries, Twitter, Primas, any brand of spray mists, MarthaStewart's style, General Hospital, Pretty in Pink (and numerous other 80s teen movies), Dawson's Creek, BuffytheVampireSlayer, my Kindles, fanfiction (reading and writing), TheKnicks, youtube addicted

I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to RoselynR

Hi everyone I have been MIA as I have been in Thailand for 3 weeks!
more to follow as well as lots of new vacaction pages in the next few months

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

Melanie - Melanie, I assumed you were a former Northerner from the way you talked but I guess I was wrong! Why do you hate FL? So great to hear about others having preemies, we were totally caught off guard. DS is measuring a little small & light BUT developmentally he is right on track! I totally agree w/ you about sacrificing scrapping right now while kids're young - they will only be this small for a limited time.

Deb
- Welcome Deb! I am similar to you, I usually only like snow when I'm snowboarding. Have you been skiing all your life? I grew up in TX but I took up snowboarding after marrying a lifelong skier, I'm ok for a novice but still fall a lot!

Howdy Michelle!

Roselyn - Hello fellow tristater! Since you like BBC programs, am wondering if you've ever seen the BBC production of "Pride & Prejudice." I recently read the book for the 1st time & loved it; people are recommending the BBC Colin Firth version over the recent Keira Knightley movie, so I wanted your thoughts. Like you, I love pink, The Beatles & The Cure! Am enjoying watching the Knicks lately too, NBA basketball is my fave sport to watch, though I can't watch whole games much due to the baby.

Lisa
- Have a BLAST in THAILAND! Look forward to seeing your vacation pages!

How was everybody's weekends? Caruso's playdate w/ his grandfather Friday went well - went to Kidville (baby/toddler play areas & classes), crawled/cruised around their place then went to a fave pizza place where they met Greg's brother, who gave grandfather & baby matching NY Knicks "Linsanity" shirts!

Saturday we went to CT to visit friends & meet their 4 month old baby. It was so nice to hold a little pudgy baby again. Meanwhile, our little one (16 months old) showed a new level of stranger anxiety, it took a while for him to warm up to our friends but it's understandable, he was in a totally new environment w/ new people. He's been saying "uh oh" & "bye" lately & can sign "shoes" now too. And did I ever tell you all how he signaled "touchdown" during football season? He has transitioned to basketball season & now signals whenever we say "basket"! That's our cutie.

Gaah, the weekend was too short! I have tons to do in the coming weeks, lots of social stuff, things to do around the house, etc etc. Looking forward to seeing last night's Amazing Race but dunno when we'll get to it... Also, hope to post my 2nd ever post-baby LO soonest!

Have a good week, SHCG.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Chell Rae

Hiya! Went to the doctor's today to have my anti-anxiety meds checked. I have/had (it depends on the week) an inherited panic disorder and I'm just now coming off of my controler medication after...er...almost five years of being on them.

Thanks for the very friendly welcome! I hope to get to know everyone here!

Roselyn- Oh another tristate person! Cool! What kinda fanfic do you write? I use to write Lord of the Rings fanfic when I first started college then I got into writing fanfic for The Matrix LOL!

Lisa- You went to Thailand? That is so wicked cool!

Gina- What kinds of research have you seen? I'm trying to get into the scientific research field.

Sharon- I like Alcatraz...but I also like Fringe and both shows have the same kinda vibe (to me anyway). I'll have to get some layouts together with Murphy. I have a ton of pictures of him but I never scrap them LOL!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to DNA301

Hey all -- glad to see our PledgeZz have made their way over for the most part.

Feeling awful that I haven't been around over the weekend. Busy busy busy.

But why I'm here is to just check in, say hi, and say I'll be MIA for a few more days since DH will be home in, oh, 10ish hours. I will be sure to do a full-on check in, etc. over the weekend.

:hugs: all.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Ashley - Yes we must see some Murphy pages at some point! Re: "Alcatraz," a show that seems kind of similar is the new show "Awake" which I semi-want to get into but there is just not enough time for me to get into another show (that's why I haven't gotten into "Alcatraz" yet, cool as it seems).

Chris - Hope you & Joey enjoy time w/ your DH!

What's everybody doing for the weekend? We did have plans yesterday to go to Princeton, NJ to see our friends & their son - we were gonna lunch & then have fun at the children's library. BUT Caruso got sick at daycare today so we cancelled...not only do we not want him to travel if he's ill but our friend just finished chemo & can't be around sickness (if indeed Caruso is sick again...we are hoping he just ate something bad & will be back to his regular chipper self soon!).

Scrap-wise, I'd like to finish splanning this one LO (Pledgezz, to me, scrap+planning=splanning; I have to splan all my LOs, that's just part of my creative process). I'm not sure when I'll actually scrap again, as I'm going to a scrap retreat in Sept & need to splan sufficient stuff for that. I also want to fill in this multi-pic picture frame that a coworker gave me last year...yes it's finally time I get something in that!

Have a good one, SHCG.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to blushpea

JCI... I'll introduce myself to the newbies and catch up soon, but in the meantime, !

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

oh so much catching up to do. I pooped in to say hi and see how much reading and learning I have. A ton, but I am sure it will be worth it when I am more awake.
For now, Hello, welcome...talk to you soon.

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to Chell Rae

Hi Everyone! Wow there's a lot of new faces here- welcome! I've been quite inactive lately because I moved back to canada almost two months ago now and my scrapbook room is still all packed up. My sister is getting married next weekend! Then a cousin of mine is getting married in Ontario the weekend after!! I'm so excited and our weddings last for a few days each. I'll be very very busy for these next to weeks and then after all the wedding preps and frenzy are over I should be able to unpack my scraproom. We moved into our own place just last week because my work had given me a place to stay for the first month that I was here...moving's not easy and I've moved around SO so much in the past few years it's crazy! can honestly say I miss holland and all my friends there but it's nice to be back home.
Hope all is well with everyone else and I cant wait to get to know all you newbies!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

Bren - STAT. Send me your email so I don't forget to send your RAK...again. :-/ Bad, bad me. Also, a Q: were we doing the birthday bulletin this year? Not necessarily a swap, but just the list like we did last year? I know CAM birthdays don't start till April, so just wondering, Ms. Birthday Badazz.

LOVING seeing our new pledgeZZ here!

Ashley - Another NY-er. We seem to attract them around here! that you do GS. I'm a lifetime member and if I had my own girl, would totally be into it. For now, waiting to see if kid takes an interest in BSA when he's old enough (still many years away).

Melanie - You hate Florida? Why, if I may ask? I know I would miss the changing seasons there. Primary reason why I wouldn't move south of VA/NC. "Me" time is TOTALLY crucial with kids! I whole-heartedly agree!

Gina - WOW on your family size! Bet you enjoy all of those nieces and nephews though! I'm thinking it was an interesting(?) experience caring for your own brother. hearing what you do for work. I'd to get back into science/medicine/healthca re and that sort of thing interests me.

Ahh Sharon... You are awesome at highlighting EVERYTHING. I totally agree that your charm bracelets ARE like wearable scrapbooks! Smart boy with the sports signals! Sad to hear about your change of plans for this weekend.

PledgeZZ -- Sharon was our previous coordinator, so if I have no clue the answer to your question, I defer to her!

Roselyn - whereabouts in NJ are you from? I grew up there, and Jesse's from there currently.

Oh, Lisa! Seriously can't wait for you to pop in and tell us ALL ABOUT Thailand...and maybe share some pictures?

Heya Deb, Michelle and Jesse!

Oh Jesse - how's the job hunt going?

Amms - SO GLAD to hear that you've found your own place and are settling into it! Has it REALLY already been two months?! Wow! Time flies!

Catch-up post from me in a few....

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CMLeach

I'm not even sure where to start.

LOTS of good news:
- Twin mommy has been DISCHARGED from hospital bedrest. The Twin-to-Twin Tranfusion Syndrome has apparently self-reversed(!!!). Took her to the doctor yesterday for a scan/NST, and it was SOO nice to see her. 33w today, and counting!
- Neighbor will BE HOME next week from rehab! Still a long way to go, but she's getting there!

Dh got home Wednesday from Brazil. Should be home till the end-ish of the month then gone for SIX weeks. New boat, new rotation. Six gone, 3 home. He's going to miss Joey's birthday next month.

Speaking of birthdays, I have NO clue what I'm doing for it. He's big on the "fish book" right now - One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - so now I'm thinking to do something themed like that. Otherwise was planning either Cars or Dinosaur Train.

Been crafty this past week, but not too scrapbook-y. A new wreath for St. Pat's and a rag quilt. Also started the background for a layout from Valentine's Day. Ordered photos and somehow forgot JUST THOSE in the order. Of course, that meant I was totally bummed when I sat to scrap, so I haven't done anything more (and I haven't yet ordered those missing pics either - will do when finished with this, though, since I'm going to order Brazil photos, too). My DT term appears to be up, so I don't have that motivation either.

No clue what else other than trying to keep up with blogging and with my HRMom site. Collaborating with myactivechild.com some with it. And not liking that I had to switch it over to Timeline on FB. The little things in life.

OH, BUT... DH and I may go on our FIRST date since having Joey while he's home this time!

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to CMLeach

I'm so sorry for being absent but I failed to subscribe to this link and lost it. I got a pm today asking me to check in. Thank you for getting in touch with me so I could subscribe. I promise to keep up with the group now.

My name is Kay, I'm 63 and married to Steve. We are both retired and have 6 Saturday's and a Sunday in each week. Next week is our 8th anniversary. I have two sons and Steve has 1 son. Together we have 6 grandchildren. and one very loving dog, Dottie, who has her own scrapbook.

I love to travel and just went on my first cruise last fall. I love photography and of course scrap booking. I am a gadget person and must have all the latest and greatest scrapbooking stuff. I've been scrapping for about 15 years and have seen the industry change and grow -- from my 8-1/2 X 11 ring binders, in which I cut my photos into shapes with the curvy edged scissors and glue sticks and flat stickers to much more evolved layouts.

I am losing the sight in my right eye and I am color blind, so scrapbooking can be a challenge some times, and I'm trying to get as much done in the event I lose my sight completely. I don't say this seeking sympathy, but to show my determination to leave a legacy to my grandchildren and beyond.

I also love family history and have link time I discover a new ancestor, I meet a new friend. I have one line that go back to the year 116, and several that go back to the 14 & 14th centuries. I hope to someday publish this work.

Edited by Mother Goose on 03-10-12 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Mother Goose

Happy Monday
Like many of you I am still catching up after my absence. It's so exciting to see new members.

I may not get to any Thailand pages this month. I am still going through my 3,000+ photos!
I have decided to go digital with some traditional embellishments added later. In looking over my photos, I want the flexibility of working digitally. It is SO much easier to resize photos and make multiple photo pages working digitally. This is a big decision as I have a closet full of supplies but I think it will work best for me as I will be able to crank out pages before I lose motivation. Wish me lot.
LISA

Gina_EH
Veteran
Gina_EH

Hey everyone, unfortunatly long time, no see. As I said in my intro, I have a huge family and am really close with all of them. So after getting home from my weeks in Cincinnati, I had to somehow make time to see all of them. Last weekend, we had my family over to finally celebrate Christmas. On Christmas Eve last year, there was a grease fire in my kitchen and my husband suffered second and third degree burns on his hands - so we spent Christmas and New Years in the burn center at Johns Hopkins and haven't had a chance until now to get my whole family together for a celebration. Then this week, it was traveling to celebrate my 14 year old niece's birthday, going to meet the new niece and this weekend we're keeping three of my nephews and one of my nieces for some St. Patty's day fun. Whew.

Besides all of that, I just switched companies and I've been transitioning the organization of my home office and completely all of the training.

Busy, busy, busy time and from what I've read - all of you can relate.

I haven't had any time in the scrap room recently. Hoping for a quiet weekend next week to maybe get some stuff done.

Sharon - Traveling for work seemed great to me when I first started, I quickly learned that you see the airport, the hotel, and the clinic you're going to visit before heading back to the airport for your flight somewhere else. I do rack up the frequent flier miles and the hotel points though - so the job lets me travel more personally when I have time. HA! I'm hoping that since with my new job, it looks like I'll be in one city a week, I'll be able to do more exploring.

Deb - I live in Harford county. In Aberdeen, actually.

Michelle - I love Eric!! He's my favorite. Love True Blood - but mostly because of Eric.

Ashley - I worked at Johns Hopkins in oncology research for almost 15 years and then worked for a large clinical research organization doing dermatology and childhood vaccine studies. The new company I work for specializes in transplant studies.

Chris - caring for the brother was certainly a challenge. There were days he loved me and days he hated me, but I guess that's just part of being a "parent". He and I are very close though right now he's trying to figure out who he is and spread his wings and the hardest part I think is letting him make his own bad decisions so that he can learn from them. At the moment, I'd like to lock him in his room. HA!

Kay - I love how you said 6 Saturdays and Sundays in a week. I think it's awesome that you're working to leave memories for your grandkids. I certainly wish I knew more about my grandmother than I do.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to Gina_EH

Just wanted to pop in and say hi...I wanted to chat a bit and respond to some stuff but my boss is lurking. Seriously he needs to lay off the work...it is FRIDAY! LOL Be back later though...

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to RoselynR

As a fair warning, I have been having one of those days where everything seems to tick me off, so if that shows it's ugly head at all here, I'm sorry.

Kay -- nice to have you here! Welcome to the party. Wonderful to hear about your determination.'

Lisa -- You going digi? You've done it before with cycling LOs, and I'm totally sure you will ROCK it!

Gina -- Whoa, busy week! Good luck on your reorganization and the new company. LOL @ locking brother up in his room.

Roselyn -- No other words but

Quiet-ish week here. Really warm, lots of outdoor play, lots of growing up by Joey... Oh, and his first haircut.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

hi there....so much to catch up on...I will be reading for awhile.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Chell Rae

Um...hiya? Had a crazy week and change...mostly revolving around Girl Scouts (planned a big event which had to be canceled because there was a grease trap explosion in our meeting place and then moving that event and planning another for last week's 100th Girl Scout Birthday) and dance classes (the studio I attend has a big photo shoot coming up so costumes needed to be fixed, shoes bought....that kind of stuff). Hope everyone had a really awesome St. Patrick's Day! My sister went to the parade here in NYC. I went to the movies to see "John Carter" but I had french fries afterwards and I wore green!

Gina_EH
Veteran
Gina_EH
In response to DNA301

Hi Everyone - hope you had a great weekend. I did. I spent the weekend with three of my nephews and one niece. There was grilled cheese on Friday night - I let them flip their own. They're 5, 5, 6, and 7 so they get a big thrill out of it. Then we started watching Happy Feet. They didn't make it through the movie as sleep was calling them.

Saturday we made green pancakes, read books about St. Patrick (during which I was describing to one of my five year olds about the holy trinity. He said, "Jesus got eaten by a crocodile and then came back to life." I'd never heard this version of the story before. He told me his mom told him that Jesus died by a crocodile. His seven year old sister had to explain that it was a crucifix, not a crocodile. The things kids come up with.), we played with bubbles outside, went to see The Lorax, played mini golf and capped the night with pizza. They went home yesterday. I'm exhausted.

Slyn - sorry, I don't know your real name. Your boss really needs to go away so you can do more important things. LOL. That's one of the perks of working from home. Though as of right now, I don't have much to do. I just started at a new company and the study I'm going to be working on hasn't started yet. Lots of boredom so far.

Chris - I hope that whatever was irritating you the other day has resolved itself. First haircuts are so cute - as long as the little one sits still, I suppose.

Ashley - wow, sounds like a very busy time. Glad you got to enjoy St. Patrick's day with a movie. You wouldn't catch me at one of those parades. Crowds and I don't mix well.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start. I'm actually hoping to get some crafting done this week. We'll see.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Gina_EH

Hope to catch up in here soon, life has been tres hectic...

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

checking in

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Hi everyone! I've been busy the last few weeks running around after my DS. It seems like he always has something going on which takes up all my time.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

Checking in. It has been a beautiful week, temp in the 80's and deep blue skies. Paying for all the great weather with sky rocket, record breaking pollen count. For those who know what it means, the count was over 8000 - former record was almost 2000 lower. My eyes feel as though half the sand in Florida is in them. And the sneezing has made my throat hurt. Seems my allergy pills aren't working at all. Oh well, guess I'll have to stay inside and scrap.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Mother Goose

Okay I have some time to catch up!

Ammara - Congrats to your sister & cousin on their weddings! Hope you're feeling a little more settled now after your move.

Chris - Woohoo re: twin mom out! Hope you're enjoying your DH time, did you have your 1st date yet? I remember our 1st post-Caruso date, it was a little weird to be without him, LOL but then we settled into it! What are the plans for Joey's birthday? Sorry your DH will be away. Is there a "First Haircut" LO in the works??

Kay - Good to learn more about you! Nice to hear that you & your DH are enjoying retirement. I love cruises, I went on my 5th one last December. Your genealogy research sounds fascinating!

Lisa - Look forward to seeing some groovy digi LOs of Thailand! Sigh, your post inspired me again to consider digi but there's just such a learning curve for me (esp after the computer changes I'll talk about below).

Gina
- So glad you all got to celebrate Xmas finally! What a holiday for you & your DH, hope his recovery went well. Love reading about all the fun you have w/ your nieces & nephews!

Ashley
- I heard John Carter was great but isn't doing so well in the theatres (I rarely go out to see movies m'self truth be told...). How did you like it?

Howdy, Jesse, Michelle, Roselyn, Deb & everybody else!

So here's what's up w/ me:

Caruso has been diagnosed w/ reactive airway disease, the precursor to asthma (I was asthmatic as a kid). So I guess that's one reason he's so susceptible to infections. It's supposed to get better as he grows/develops, fingers crossed for our little man!

I still haven't splanned my next LO or scanned my last LO, hope to do that soon. I'm experiencing an additional scrap-delay these days... Since we got our tax return, we were able to replace our old, very slow computer w/ a new one BUT we got a Mac instead of Windows. I love Windows but DH & I love our Iphones so he thought there'd be more cool compatibility stuff, yadda yadda. It is like being on another computer planet for me! I'm sure I'll get it eventually but the ease & quickness that I used to have doing stuff like sharing pics, drafting journaling, FINDING docs/pics, etc is not there yet!! Don't even get me started on what happened to the 200+ fonts I have collected over the years... So if any of you are Mac lovers, PLEASE feel free to share some of your Mac love with me so I feel better about this change!

This weekend, my friend Shelly & I are returning to the 9/11 Memorial. We went last year w/ DH, DH's mom & Caruso, it was nice to have them there, but we felt we needed a trip alone to further commemorate our friend Cindy (for those who don't know, this is a LO about Cindy - Cindy-Leftside Cindy-Rightside Wild...on the right side there's a pic w/ Cindy, me & my friend Jaik, the singer/songwriter who recently passed away. Oh how I love that pic!

To end on an up note - so I have this 4 song major label demo that Jaik & I made in '98 (along w/ 2 other musicians but it's mainly a Jaik project), not many people have heard it. Jaik's family is compiling all his music & I really wanted to share this w/ them (& everybody) but I only have a cassette copy (& no way of duping cassettes let alone putting them in CD or MP3 format). Well the A/V Dept at work feels like they owe me for all the voiceovers I've done for them so they kindly duped the songs for me, in wave, MP3 & audio CD format! That was ubersweet of them!

Lovely weather going up to 70 in NYC lately - can we start putting the outerwear away yet??

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to blushpea

OT is kicking my butt!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Chell Rae

Hey Michelle! Not TOO much longer with all of those crazy hours. YOU CAN DO IT!

Ashley - I'd love to hear about your centennial GS celebration event. I don't know if I mentioned to you that I am a lifetime member, so GS has a special place in my heart. In fact, our Children's Museum has an exhibit there right now on the Centennial, and I'm seriously needing to get there to see it.

Gina - Sounds like a great weekend with the kids! The crocodile comment had me

Ahh Deb... Isn't that what we want from our kids? For them to be be super-active, then for them to slow down because we can't keep up, only to wish it was that busy season again once they leave? Or so I've been told....

Kay - Love your rationale for scrapping. It's been pollen-filled and awful here too. I'm concerned how this summer is going to be after this winter and the first few days of Spring.

Sharon - I don't have a haircut layout in progress yet. Actually, cleaning up my counter today, I almost threw out the baggy with his hair in it. Wanted to kick myself, but thankfully didn't toss it. ButI do have photos printed, I'm pretty sure, so a LO will be coming. Caruso has my good thoughts! AWESOME about the Jaik songs!

Hey Lisa & everyone else!

Let's see... What's been going on here this week?

New pictures taken for kid's second birthday - some specifically for his party invites. Birthday party theme decided upon for his playgroup party. His family party is tonight with DH's parents and brothers (and extraneous fiance & girlfriend), because DH is supposed to head back to the Gulf this coming week and will be missing Joey's birthday.

I chopped 10" of hair off on Monday and will be donating it. Just need to mail it off.

Finished our state taxes for Louisiana (for the newbieZZ, DH works for a company based in LA so we have to file taxes in both our home state and that one). We owe them $1, and honestly had to write a check for $1.

Ummm...what else? Kid has had a word explosion. OMG. He is talking up a STORM. He's a front-mouth talker (I know there's a better term for it)right now and so he's not forming any Cs or Gs (i.e. tars=cars; tat=cat; doe=go). He'll get there.

Not much else. Just busy and tired. Seems to be the norm around her. Lots of crafting - a new spring/Easter wreath, layouts, two baby quilts in progress...

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to CMLeach

Hello to everyone! Is there a way to subscribe to this thread and have an alert or something sent to my email whenever there is a new post?

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to RoselynR

Yes, there is. Below the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread is a section called "Topic Options". At the bottom of that box is a link to "Subscribe to Topic".

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to CMLeach

Hiya Everyone!

Having a bit of a rough day...last night (er...Sunday Night) I had a really bad panic attack and then this morning (er...Monday Morning) I had another really bad one. I kind of feel really beat up. Anywho, I saw "The Hunger Games" on Friday with my mom (she's a 6th grade English teacher and about the only person who'll put up with my going "but that wasn't in the book" during book based movies). I'm a fan of the book so I'm a bit torn on the movie. Part of me liked the fact the movie was still as dark and sad and gritty and terrible and wonderful as the book while the nitpicky part of me doesn't like all the changes they made because it wasn't true to the book.

Possibly a newbie question (and apologies if it is): A few of you commented on one of my layouts about the "flow" of the layout...I kinda have no idea what that means! LOL! Can someone help me out?

Chris- My Girl Scout Troop is an inner city troop of about 100 girls (from "pre-Daisies" who are in Pre-K to Ambassadors in 12th grade). For the 100th Anniversary, we had a ceremony talking about how Juliette Low's "Birthday Wish" for Girl Scouting to become a worldwide group came true. Then the older girls (our Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors with a some help from some older Juniors) put on a little play about the starting of Girl Scouts. Our "party game" was a quiz about Juliette Low and how Girl Scouts was founded (the Daisies and Brownies had to pay very close attention to win prizes...plus it got them to listen). Then we had a party with hats and snacks and two cakes with 100 candles on them. I took pictures so I can scrap them LOL!

Sharon- I really, really, really liked John Carter. I thought it had all the elements of a good sci-fi movie with the added benefit of kinda being like the old school sci-fi movies that you see in film classes. Then again, I'm a huge sci-fi fan so don't go by me LOL! By the way, that hoodie I have on in that thoughts layout is, indeed, a Supergirl hoodie LOL!

Gina_EH
Veteran
Gina_EH
In response to DNA301

Hey Everyone,

Just checking in - what I have to do is getting in the way of what I want to do. So it's been a busy time, especially with my husband being sick. I work from home when I'm not traveling and having him home sick is throwing off my entire schedule.

Ashley - as someone who has panic attacks - I hope you're feeling better. They're terrible things to deal with. Sending hugs out to you.

Be back soon to catch up on everything.

Hope everyone is doing well.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Gina_EH

Chris - So great that you had an early birthday party for Joey while your DH is home! What's the theme for his other party? Kudos to you for finishing your taxes AND donating hair! Love that Joey's having a word explosion! So cute about being a front mouth talker... Caruso doesn't finish his words yet so bus is "bah," belly is "beh" etc...hence he rocks any one syllable words that ends with a vowel, lol!

Ashley
- My friend got addicted to "The Hunger Games" a while ago but I wasn't sure if I could handle a book about fighting to the death...I'm a real softie that can cry at Hallmark commercials - do ya think I could handle it?! (I'd read the books first). Regarding "flow" on your LOs, see below... I knew that was a Supergirl hoodie! See from my profile pic, w/ my son in his Superman outfit? I could spot one anywhere, ha!

Hello to Michelle, Roselyn, Gina & everybody!

So since Ashley asked about people's comments re: flow on her pages, I am sharing this design tutorial that we posted in our blog some time ago. Design Tutorial: Flow

Newbiezz, if you don't already know, Scrap Happenzz has its own blog! We post all sorts of fun stuff there, though it's mostly challenge stuff these days. Feel free to explore in there if you'd like. http://scraphappenzz.blogspot.com/

Here's another design tutorial that you all might find cool & helpful: Design Tutorial: Rule of Thirds

In my world - Weekend plans to return to the 9/11 Memorial were thwarted (friend couldn't make it in from NJ). Disappointing but it gave me more time to do stuff, which was good.

I actually SPLANNED this weekend! Yay. My goal is to splan a few LOs for my Sept retreat then, if there's enough pre-retreat time, I'll start actually scrapping them.

So, are there no Mac lovers out there who can answer my plea from my last post?!

Planning a dear work friend's bridal shower for tomorrow. Even if it's a super-casual fete, it's been a lot of work. I'm bumming because she & my other dear work friend are both getting married out of state this year (one in Vegas, one in IL) & we can't go to either wedding due to limited vacation days & funds. So I want to do as much as I can for them outside of actually attending the wedding! Honestly, not only do I want to celebrate my friend tomorrow but I cannot WAIT to have some of the marble cheesecake we ordered for the shower. Yep, really looking forward to it!!

Caruso now says & signs "more" (actually it's "mo"), it's super cute. He's also been pushing a lot of stuff around, using his walker wagon... Full independent mobility seems to be right around the corner!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to blushpea

• blushpea Said:

Planning a dear work friend's bridal shower for tomorrow. Even if it's a super-casual fete, it's been a lot of work. I'm bumming because she & my other dear work friend are both getting married out of state this year (one in Vegas, one in IL) & we can't go to either wedding due to limited vacation days & funds. So I want to do as much as I can for them outside of actually attending the wedding! Honestly, not only do I want to celebrate my friend tomorrow but I cannot WAIT to have some of the marble cheesecake we ordered for the shower. Yep, really looking forward to it!!

I had TWO slices of marble cheesecake. For what it's worth, they were thin slices. Hey I fought all sorts of temptations this week, so I could eat as healthily as possible in preparation for this treat - the cake was DELICIOUS & I was surrounded by good company, some of my favorite people at my job! So it was a very much savored & worthwhile indulgence.

Now, 'scuse me while I kiss this sugar highhhhhh!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to blushpea

Hi everyone!

I haven't been scrapping much this month. I don't know what happened. Maybe next month will be more productive.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae

okay, I started to read to catch up and got part way through all of it. I decided to pause and pop in and say .

I am still working OT and only have a couple of weeks left of it (it ends on tax day)...but I will be working OT through out that time...including some hours on Saturdays. Ugh! I am going to be sooooo tired. On the 17th I will be working over 12 hours...I am a glutton for punishment. I had one day I didn't go into work this week....I think I had a 24 hour flu. It was soooo bad I almost went to the ER. So hot and sweaty for a bout 5 minutes that I felt I was going to pass out, then freezing. Gratefully it did not last long. Then back to my 10 hour day on Friday. I am feeling much better now and don't wish that upon anyone.

Everyone has a lot going on in their lives and I will finish reading the posts now. Until I return...have a great weekend and fantastic week.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

I better check in before I forget.
Check please

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Ashley - I'm having some issues with how "The Hunger Games" played out on the screen, too. I really enjoyed it even with the changes they made, but I feel that the later movies may suffer a bit. :-/ Hope all is well with you post-attacks. Awesome things you're doing with those girls. I had to look up what Ambassadors were -- I was out of the active girl end of things before they came into being.

Gina - Sorry to hear about your schedule being thrown off. Hoping your DH is feeling better and that things are going better for you.

Sharon - Pretty sure you figured out kid's theme - Cars. There is SO MUCH I'm planning. Feel like I'm going overboard. I mean, he's only going to be two, right? Pinterest really got my wheels spinning and, yea... Hoping to post on my blog about the projects I'm doing as I get them done. Hoping that Freecycle will help me come by some of the items I'm looking for (along with my local FB friends). Thanks for the design/blog info for the newbiezz. Caruso = Pretend one of those cheesecake slices was for me YUM.

Deb - No worries!

Michelle - Just keep swimming!

Hey Lisa! And everyone else!

My week:
- lots of birthday party planning (invites done; lots of ideas - darn you Pinterest!)
- a Busch Gardens trip Headed there next week, too. Probably the week after, as well.
- took a trip to the aquarium the other day - lots of fun with DH and kiddo
- DH left Wednesday headed to an oil rig for hopefully only a week before going to his new system/boat. Not sure how long he'll be gone, but probably 4-8 weeks.
- Baby shower this morning. Last-minute, but I got the rag quilts I was mking for that playgroup mommy done yesterday. She loved them. Yay

Pretty sure there's more. Some playgroup drama. Blergh. Oh well. Dealing with it and moving on. Trying not to let some people talking/writing annoy me just by them doing so. Crazy to find out I'm not the only one in that situation, either.

Family starts coming to visit next Saturday. Hopefully, I'll stop in here to update before then, but then Easter week and the following week is like non-stop family visits, so I may be a bit quieter than usual. Just an FYI.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Michelle - Good luck w/ all that OT. It's tough but at least you'll be getting some extra pay! Am glad that bug only lasted 24 hrs.

Chris- Joey's 2nd birthday sounds like so much fun already! You are a wonderment that in the midst of all you do, you also got rag quilts done. The aquarium sounds very cool - we hope to take Caruso to one very soon! Good luck w/ another stretch of DH being gone. I would gladly share that cheesecake w/ you...it was sooo worth it!

Howdy Deb & Lisa!

I am BUMMING because I recently realized that until we get Photoshop for the Mac, I can't share my (one) LO I've done in the last few months (because I stitch scans together in Photoshop). I guess I can take a photo of it but urgh, I like it better when scanned. Another Mac curveball thrown at me. I also think I will download Picasa for Mac, 'cause I don't have the patience right now to wade through & master iPhoto.

One cool thing is that tonight I got to see Greg's band play a stripped down almost-acoustic set tonight at a place near us - yay! That was fun - they sounded great.

Okay back in a sec...

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to blushpea

So it's time for me to post the next MC (Monthly Challenge)! Margaret didn't post the March one so this is the first since February...

First, let's hear it for the one challenge response posted, Chris' response to MC #2 - Right Now:
v Right Now: Words, Jan 2012 (*SHCG MC #2*) By CMLeach

Now, onto your challenge:

MC #3/April 2012 - X-Rated & Offensive: Your challenge this month is to go deep within (heh naughty pun) & scrap something so shocking & explicit you can hardly even upload it. This LO can be about you, someone you know, a celebrity or something completely concocted from your own twisted & crazed mind. I want lurid details, indecent photos (nudity strongly encouraged) & language as offensive as you can get! Our ultimate aim is to see who can get contacted by scrapbook.com first for violating the site's terms of use. Bonus points if your membership gets yanked completely. We will figure a way to get your membership reinstated. Hopefully!

Don't hold back - remember, our goal is to get in trouble with scrapbook.com.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to blushpea

April Fool's Day. (It's after midnight here in NYC)

Okay here's your REAL MC #3/April 2012 - "What He/She Said"

Your challenge this month is centered on quotes. Scrap a LO where the title and/or the journaling is a quote by the subject matter, e.g. instead of a photo caption saying "Here's cousin Susie trying on wedding dresses" the journaling would be "OMG I can't believe I'm about to be a mermaid princess bride!" (what cousin Susie is or would've been saying). The quote does NOT necessarily have to be a factual quote the subject said in real life, just something they could be saying given the events depicted. So yes you can make something up if the page depicts your dog or baby! An alternate take to this challenge: scrap about a quote that particularly resonates with you.

Have FUN! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Oh & if any of you DO want to respond to the X-Rated & Offensive challenge, feel free to! Just be sure to BLUR your LO (or share it to memberzz privately)...I certainly do NOT want any of us to raise any negative attention w/ sb.com!! (Brenda, Jesse & I were part of a naughty circle journal group in the past, anytime I uploaded anything to the gallery I made SURE that I did the necessary censoring to keep from ruffling any powers-that-be feathers). LOL!

Edited by blushpea on 03-31-12 08:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to blushpea

Dangit, Sharon! You got me with your April Fool's prank! You had my wheels spinning and then they came to a screeching halt!!!

Hi, everyone! Let me just take a sec to catch up with the CAMs (Current Active Members), and then I'll formally introduce myself to the Newbs.

Chris, what an emotional roller coaster it's been reading your posts, but also so admirable to see your resilience throughout it all. A few things read loud and clear, you are a good friend, a great wife, and a super mom! I wish I could keep my own SHiznizz in perspective when comparing to what you and yours have endured. I have to donate to your March of Dimes fundraiser, and then I have to get to my own fundraising for CF. How's your dad?

Sharon, I missed Caruso's TD signal. I have to find it on fb.
-I certainly hope he does grow out of that pre-asthmatic condition. I'm sorry you suffered another loss of such a dear friend.
-As for Hunger Games, I already started crying in the 2nd chapter. I cried during the movie. At the end of both the book and the movie, I laid in bed staring at the ceiling for a long time and couldn't sleep. Here's a link that sums up a lot of what I thought about the movie, but I have more to add about what wasn't true to the book: Movie Review
-I think iMovie on the Mac could be a new addiction for you and all your cute Caruso vids.
-It made my heart smile to read that your A/V Dept. did you that well-deserved favor.
-Your second marble cake post had me because it seemed like you felt so guilty about the first one, you just had to explain in the next one just how much you had as if anyone held it against you.

It also makes my to read about Joey and Caruso's development. Every post is something new and wonderful.

Amms, congratulations to both your sister and cousin. Have fun with your family celebrations and enjoy your new home.

Chellby, I need to check out that shoebox. Stop reading this post and get some rest woman!

Lisa, Thailand? Digi? Wow and wow. Looks like you have a deco scissors Newbie who's after your zigzag bordered heart.

Jesse
, it looks like your 60 days is coming up soon. How's the job hunt? I need to keep in mind that with all the incredibly frustrating year I'm having at work, I should be thankful I have a job. I hope the very best for you. How's Tank these days?

I have a confession to make. For the first time ever, I SERIOUSLY considered dropping out SH. I still haven't managed to bring myself to scrap, and I understand more than ever why people have left out of fairness to others.

I have all this personal SHtuff I want/need to share, but there's a nagging part of me that wants to only put out the positive and hold in all the negative that seems to prevent me from creating los of memories that are becoming increasingly bittersweet. One third of my social life that was responsible for many of my dearest memories is now virtually nonexistent. The other two thirds (tennis and second social circle), however, should be motivating, BUT work has made me even more bitter, that all I have time for is tennis practice and the occasional happy hour. When I do have any down time, I escape into Pinterest as a passive form of mindless self-expression. I'm unhappy, yet driven--conflicted, overall. I really just want to work on me for a while.

That noted, I can't shake the truth I've faced time and again, which is that I'm unhappiest when I'm not creating anything. I owe it to myself to stay, if the group will indulge me, and find that happiness that will help me be a better person. Ladies, your scrafting used to inspire me, but now it's just you (and all you share in your posts and uploads and pins) who inspire me.

Okay, so I have nothing for March, but some cards I made for schrub jfs. I have caught up in this thread, but will have to reread a few more times before it all sinks in. I am not caught up in the critique thread, and will work backwards starting tomorrow.

I'd like to send out the birthday bulletin, but not sure if it's just for CAMs to receive, and not sure who is actually included in CAMs anymore. Chris, I'll have to get back to our pm.

Ohmigosh, now the intro...

Edited by twinscrapbee on 04-01-12 10:19 PM. Reason for edit: I just have Ashley's left to critique now.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics