Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: CMM Swap-2012-Private/Invite Only/SWAPPED OUT AND MAILED BACK        (Topic#1569081)
TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I am doing the Card Making Mama swap again, but this time if will be different. We will have a set amount of ladies sign up, but I think we will make cards for each person, send them to me and I will swap them out like a regular swap. That way if you don't send yours in, you don't get any and no one is shorted. Because those that don't send, the maker gets the set back as EXTRA.

I will give take like 12 ladies to sign up and we will make 5 cards for each lady, with what she likes like the survey I originally had and include alittle extra goodies for each lady. Se we will make 60 cards total, five different ones for each lady and then 12 little goodie bags or $1NIP items. So every person that sends gets the same amount of cards back as they sent in.

Does this sound fair to you ladies that stayed throughout the swap? I will do it several times this year, we can have the same ladies rejoin or new ones added. I will give us like 3monthes to work on all those cards they will be due to me Early March and swapped out within a week. Then the next round will start for another set of 12 or the same 12 ladies, they can switch the type cards they would like to receive too.
EDITED
So here is the break down of it: JAN-MARCH
1. 10 ladies
2. make 5 cards for each of the 9 ladies(don't include ones for yourself): all different and ones that are from their mini survey

3. Goodie bag for each of the 9 ladies, or 9 $1 scrapbooking items.

4. You will have approx. 3 month's to make the total of 45 cards. Mail them to me, I will swap them out in a weeks time. Mail them back to you.

5. Include the same amount of postage plus 3 44cent stamps, and DC. We don't want our precious cards getting lost and losing all that stuff.

6. If for any reason someone doesn't mail their stuff in to me, you ladies get back the extra set of cards. This way you get 45 cards back no matter what. And you get 9 goodie bags back.

7. No one gets cheated out of cards and we get through the rounds faster too.

This round for Jan-March we will only have 10 ladies. So will be making a total of 45 cards, five for each lady and 9 goodie bags or $1NIP items.

Okay ladies pointed out that of course we don't include ourselves, so you make 9 sets of 5 cards, going by each ladies surveys, and that is a TOTAL of 45 cards and 9 goodie bags/or $1 NIP items in 9 quartz size bags or whatever size baggie ur cards fit into...lol

DUE DATE: March 16th, 2012. Which is on a Friday.Due in my hand that day.
NEW DUE DATE MARCH 23RD, 2012.

Sending survey out to the ladies this round, please get the surveys back to me by Monday, so I can compile them and send them all to you via pm, so you know what colors and types cards the ladies like.

My mailing address is: Tonya Roberson
4358 Westport Road
Columbus, Ohio 43228

Participants for Jan-March

1. Drayia-RCVD
2. Armygirl-RCVD
3. LucyLadybug-RCVD
4. Sunnyrc2001-RCVD
5. TJCraftyWitch-DONE
6.TJ's Mom- DONE
7.BBScraps- NEVER RECIEVED
8.cma2a17-RCVD
9.Frndly1-NEVER RECEIVED
10. Sanurascraps- RCVD

Edited by TJCraftyWitch on 04-14-12 09:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Sounds good. Will let you know if there are others out there that would like to make and receive cards for the next round.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001
In response to Drayia

This seems like it will work well.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug
In response to sunnyrc2001

Hi everyone!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to lucyladybug

Hello everyone,,I can't wait to get started,,,I see some crafting time for this weekend.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to armygirl

hey jci

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to bbscraps

Thanks ladies. I too believe this will work out better then the others, this way if someone doesn't get their cards in, atleast the we all get a set of out own cards that we made for that person and we don't get cheated out of cards.

Ladies thanx for the check ins, just waiting for three ladies surveys, then get moms and mine added and I will send a mass pm to all so we all we the whole list again. Thanks ladies..

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

Hi ladies,
Just checking in...so far, New Years Resolutions are being kept...let's see how long it lasts.

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps
In response to SanuraScraps

So to get this straight, we are to make 50 cards and put 10 extra little goodies in the box and send ALL to you..then send postage in the box and you will swap 50 cards to each lady and send them back to us.. is that right?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Yes that is right hun, this way no one gets cheated out of cards. In the long run we save on postage too.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

Hi.JCI!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Hi, waiting on two ladies to send their survey in, I sent then another pm so that I can send a mass pm to all with all the surveys in a smaller format to print out easier.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Then I will be Card making crazy again like I am today LOL. Well should have enough cards to send to ppl but when I do swaps I like to make my own. My DD uses most of the cards others make and send to me.

aurora1626
New Kid On the Block
aurora1626
In response to Drayia

I'm brand new here; I actually was trying to find card swaps to join as a New Year's Resolution and found this site.

I know you're full for this round and I'm not sure if you're taking alternates/recruits for the next round, or even if I should mention it here rather than PM someone, but thought I would try.

Thanks so much!

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to aurora1626

Sent my survey over! Getting started on some cards this weekend already!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

Hi ladies...hope everyone had a good weekend. Getting ready to start making some cards

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

He...jci.
I had a low iron scare and sent home from school yesterday. Been home trying to get my energy up. I am finding out that I am anemic. WOW...gotta do better huh?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Yep, as we get older, sometimes little ailments or conditions creep in and give us issues.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
Yep, as we get older, sometimes little ailments or conditions creep in and give us issues.

Darn it, I know what you're talking about.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

Are we good to start making cards?

And so I understand correctly how many stamps are we to include?

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

I've started on my cards.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001
In response to cma2a17

Making cards too.I'm going on my 1st scrapbook getaway this weekend.Gonna work on book for my hubby, tues, the 31st will be our 25th anniversary.I'm excited to go.Do any of you have advice on the most important things to bring.They're providing ott-lights, food, drinks, 3 cricut machines, tables & comfy chairs, movies, cds...That's what I can remember

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

I have never been to one. Not sure other then the list they gave what else would be important. Camera, lol, any of your must have tools. I myself would not know were to begin, to much stuff I cant scrap without LOL.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Drayia

Embellies, pics, adhesive-all sorts. The papers u wanna use. And remember to just have fun.

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

Crops are so much fun! I've been to a great many of them. Some of them are sleepovers and FREE (FREE is always good). I have a great time...we laugh, play, share, and just have fun. I usually take JUST what I'm working on cause it can become a bit much to lug your whole scrap room around.

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

So if I'm counting right, there are 10 ladies, 5 cards each, that's 50 cards total right? Then we are to give at least $1-2 gifts? Then, how much postage should we send you?

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

But technically we are going to make for only 9 ladies because the 10th is ourself. So we make 45 card and 9 gifts. Correct?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

• SanuraScraps Said:
So if I'm counting right, there are 10 ladies, 5 cards each, that's 50 cards total right? Then we are to give at least $1-2 gifts? Then, how much postage should we send you?

Yes that is total of 50 cards, that is why we are doing this for every 3 monthes, gives us plenty of time to work on them. Just include goodie bags hun, or like $1 stamps or from the $1 bins that scrapbooking stores have or make ur own with goodies from your own stash.

As for postage, send the same amount that it took to mail out, plus 3 extra 44 cent stamps. thanks for asking.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

yes that is true, so it is 45 cards, lol. I forgot about that, but its still a good deal of cards...Glad you pointed that out, so

45 cards sent to me, and a goodie bag for each set of 5.

9 sets with a goodie bag in each plastic bag.

Thanks ladies.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I believe I edited it so its all updated and makes sense to everyone, if not please ladies feel free to pm with questions or on the thread. Thanks!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

JCI

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to armygirl

Plan to start on these tomorrow, printed list and seeing how many of each kind to make.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Drayia

jci

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

hi ladies.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

Working on my cards today.

frndly1
Idol
frndly1

I have started making cards.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to frndly1

I started on my cards too.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Cool can't wait to see the cards ladies. I am gathering papers and stuff for mine to put in a gallon size baggie, so I can have sets to work on.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps

jci

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to bbscraps

hi hun.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

jci

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001
In response to cma2a17

Hi ladies.Well my scrappin weekend was loads of fun & I finished 24 pages for my hubbys anniversary present.By the way he loved it.The ladies I went with were awesome.Every year someone gets a trick played on them, & since I was the newbie it was my turn.I went to Target & came back to find my bra flowing in the breeze & a table that said Yard Sale today only:FREE STUFF.A lot of my stuff was on that table, was funny.Thank God the place was private from the road & no one else saw that bra floating around.HEHE.
I brought just the right amount of stuff & only ran out of adhesive which they were all willing to share.There was 18 of us, fun fun fun.If you've never been on 1 b4 I would highly suggest you go.

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

Got some cards made...I have to admit, this is a little bit less stressful than mailing out cards once per month...good idea!

TJCraftyWitch's Mom
Veteran
TJCraftyWitch's Mom

Hi ladies, looking forward to making these cards and seeing what everyone makes and does.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001
In response to TJCraftyWitch's Mom

Making cards too. JCI

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Hi everyone,,JCI,,hope everyone has a great weekend,,Stay warm if your getting hit with snow this weekend.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

We got alittle snow, but its is freezing out and my oldest daughter is moving this weekend. I had to go out this morning with my youngest daughter to buy gifts for my grand daughters birthday today. We had a small party for her here. She turned 7 today. And I have a grandson due any day now from my youngest daughter.
February is hectic for us, we have my mom's birthday on 8th, Sareal (granddaughters) on the 11th, my son Seth's on the 18th, he turns 16, and the grandson is due on the 24th..lol. UGH...hehehe

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

We had snow flurries on Friday but nothing that didn't melt by the time it touched the ground. But the wind makes it feel BRRRRR

frndly1
Idol
frndly1
In response to cma2a17

jci

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to frndly1

Thanks ladies...We having fun yet with these. I am working on these before and after work all week. Lil bit at a time.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

I'm working on these a bit at a time in between life stuff getting in the way....

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Its fine hun...

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Well now that my 33 valentine's day cards are done and mailed these are the next on my list right along with easter cards LOL.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

So far I have finished 2 cards for each lady. Trying to make at least 2 cards a day to stay at a good pace.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

I was on a good start. But I've fell behind with this cold. I haven't worked on anything in over a week. Don't feel up to it and don't want to share my germs. Hopefully I'll be better and back working on these this weekend.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

Ladies I am going to CHANGE the DUE DATE and GIVE us an EXTRA WEEK.
Reason being is I have been busy with schoolwork, preparing for grandson, my DD lives with me. Taking the kids shopping for late xmas the past few days and also been busy for three weeks with my knees, I have been doing physical therapy too and dealing with cortisone shots in the knees. I am now getting surgery done on Tuesday for minor knee surgery. Which is going to put me down for a few days, but I will be home for a week or so. So as you can see I have been busy..hehe. Grandson is due any day now too. We had a false alarm this morning..and was at hospital from 330am til 7am. We had to rush out today and go get one of the car seats, one is on order and on its way to be delivered and we were going to go this weekend to get one. But after this morning we decided to go now..lol

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

TJCraftyWitch, did your grandson arrive?

I am finished! I will be sending my package out on Tuesday morning.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Not yet, I wish he would get here, he is now taking his time, but I have faith, this weekend isn't over yet. He just didn't want to share his birthday with his uncle Seth. My son's birthday was on the 18th, yesterday, he turned 16 yrs old. Gosh I feel old...lol.

I will be on the lookout later in the week for them.

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

Hey ladies. I'm 40 cards done...I'm on a roll! TJ I hope your knee gets better soon...

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Wow, you ladies are fast. I only have about 15 done,,will be working on some more tonight and tomorrow. My Daughter is off from school, so I should have some crafty time.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Thanks ladies. I am just hoping that the knee surgery stays minor and not into partial knee surgery.

My grandson is holding off on getting here, he is being stubborn, just like all of us, he is like I will get here in my own time, don't rush me...lol. DD is miserable though, she is like uncomfortable all the time. I just hope he gets here tomorrow,and not on Tuesday.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

Prayers for your surgery to be easy & healing to be quick.Hope your Grandson comes after you've recovered a lil bit & your dd has an easy labor & delivery.I have about 25 cards done so far.whew. I'm making decorations for a twin baby shower, a church evening for ladies, & my great niece sweet 16 party.How do I get myself into these things, oh yeah, cuz I love it.hehe.Have a great week ladies.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Thanks Ray, it went well. I am recovering on the couch, fun fun. Surgery went fine, I had arthroscopic knee surgery and lateral release. Which means, cleaned and cleansed out kneecap, smoothed out joints and then cut my later thigh muscle so its not pulling on my knee so bad, it was shifting my knee cap to the side when I bent my knee. Anyways off to ice it down and relax.

Later this week I am working on cards and stuff.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

Cards went postal. So excited!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Cool, I will let you know when they arrive.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

RCVD cards yesterday, I believe they are from Lucyladybug, I was headed out the door to hospital and looked at them for only a minute. They are awesome ladies. I will double check tonight and post again to let you know for sure.

Mom is working on hers. I am starting on mine Monday. Get a set done every other day and I should have them done in time.

Thanks ladies. I look forward to seeing all the lovely creations.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I was correct, they are from Lucyladybug.Thanks hun.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

You are welcome. So glad they arrived!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Again they are all gorgeous ladies. Mom's is looking cute too. I am working on a set of them tomorrow. I can't wait to get down there, I haven't been able to scrap for a week and its driving me nuts.

I do have a new addition this weekend. My grandson was born yesterday at 12:04pm, he is 7 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long. Its been a busy weekend and I am still recovering from knee surgery too. Ugh, my leg and knee are tired for sure and I have loads of schoolwork to get done. So off here I am, til tomorrow evening atleast.

I have to go grab mom from work and come home and do a few assignments. Then get the other two done in the morning if I can, before I have therapy and pick my daughter up from hospital and my grandson.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Congrats on the grandson, praying for a fast recovery from the knee surgery. Made some more cards this past weekend and they turned out great. Need to finish them this week to have them ready to mail by next Monday so they get to you on time.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Drayia

Congrats on the grandbaby Tonya! Get you plenty of rest!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Drayia

• Drayia Said:
Congrats on the grandson, praying for a fast recovery from the knee surgery. Made some more cards this past weekend and they turned out great. Need to finish them this week to have them ready to mail by next Monday so they get to you on time.

Remember ladies that I gave you an EXTRA week to get these done because I had surgery and so much stuff happened in two weeks past.

Thanks ladies. Mom and me went and got everyone's goodies for their card sets. I also bought some cute cards to use on some of the ladies cards here.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Oh I know there is extra time but when sending from Canada need to give it 2 weeks LOL or it will not arrive on time.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Drayia

I'm finally starting to feel better from this bronchitis crud. So hoping to get back working on these this weekend. I've already started on most of the groups so it'll be no probally to finish them up.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

Cool!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

10 more cards to make then I am can go postal LOL.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to Drayia

jci,sorry ladies feb.was so crazy with things going on i've been mia,but i'm still here

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

All I have left to do is the goodies..feeling proud of myself that I got this done...and on time!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Cool...can't wait to see them.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

Life has been crazy here too.Christy my son has that bronchial thing too.I had him at the hospital last night, his lips & nailbeds were blue, he is 20 & never said he was feeling that sick until he couldn't breathe.Thank God he is ok now, breathing treatments & steroids for him.I have only finished 20 cards so far, will be working on the rest of them Wed & Thur.

Congrats on the new grandson..Prayers for your knee to heal quickly.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Glad you son is okay, take care.

We are working on ours as well. I can't wait to see what everyone makes.

frndly1
Idol
frndly1

I'm here just work way to many hours and not getting enough sleep or rest.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to frndly1

Understandable ladies, just get them done as you can, if its toward the end of March for this, I am fine with it,and I will get them postal then. I am working on my slowly too. Would think me being off I would have time, nope...life is chaotic with two grandkids in my home, schoolwork, physical therapy, dr appt mine and the new grandson's and then throw in errands, and taking mom to work and stuff.UGH

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Working on mine ,,trying to get them done this weekend.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug
In response to armygirl

Shana, how are you feeling since your surgery?

I was given a few bottles of Making Memories liquid acrylics. Anyone know what they are used for?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Dont know if Shana had surgery, but I did..lol.

I am feeling alright, just got a collegan shot the other day and it is achy..but other then that I am good.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

oopsie, sorry I meant you TJCraftyWitch. Glad you are feeling better.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

LOL no surgery but very sick, TJ will try to get the cards finished and shipped this weekend. It will depend on how I am feeling tomorrow. I have not been in my craft room all week just cant conentrate to sick.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Drayia

Okay thanks ladies. Hope u feel better Shana.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

Shana, hope you're feeling better, I got the same cold my son had, horrible chest congestion for days.Better now, used a humidifier & it made all the difference.Still working on my cards, almost done.Woohooo

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Its cool, playin with mine as well.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Postal to you today, Tonya, but found the HG and return postage at home on my desk. Will send that out on Monday so will arrive later then the package. Sorry.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I'm going to try to send mine out on Monday.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Thanks ladies. I will be on the lookout this week for them and will let you know when they arrive.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

Mine are also ready to go postal tomorrow.Finally finished them all.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Cool..can't wait to see them. Don't worry if they arrive a smidge late. I am not in a hurry hurry. All you ladies are good..

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Mine went out this afternoon.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Cool.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

I finally mailed off pckg today.Sorry been crazy busy lately....
DC # 03112550000294514242

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Thanks Ray.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics