Username Post: 1 sheet or 2? How do you buy?        (Topic#1569305)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Usually when I buy loose paper I always buy 2 sheets of the same patterned paper and if there are more in that line the a couple other matching pieces but only one of each and a couple sheets of different matching cardstock and some matching embellies if they have them. Was wondering how you buy?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Cindyckj

I usually buy packs.

If I do buy loose, I get at least 2.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-16-12 12:33 PM
In response to kelseymel

I get 2 of each, also, because I'm not always sure how I am going to use it when I buy it...I am addicted to single sheet paper and rarely ever buy stacks or packs, unless it's colored card stock.

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06
In response to Huskymom

I usually buy at least 2, if it has a different design on the back and I love it too well then maybe I will buy 3.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to aschlegel06

It seems most people buy 2, especially if it's double sided. But I am cheap and also very very short on storage space, so I always buy 1, even if I love both sides. Then I try to make it stretch by cutting up the paper and using both sides. It's worked out for the most part, but every once in a while I'll kick myself because I really needed that extra sheet.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to aschlegel06

• aschlegel06 Said:
I usually buy at least 2, if it has a different design on the back and I love it too well then maybe I will buy 3.

Me too.

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to Mama2Thomas

I always by 2 and 2 of the matching. I do 95% of my scrapping as 2 page layouts and since I started using sketches it works out great to have extra I can do more than one layout with the same line.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to AmyK75

depends on how much I like the paper, but I normally buy at least 2, or get the pp packs that have several of each.

CSMmom
CSMmom 
Expert
CSMmom
In response to AmyK75

If its girly paper, I'll buy 2. If its a boy paper, I'll buy 3 or 4. I have 1 girl and 2 boys and always want enough just in case I make a mistake or decide to do similar layouts for my boys.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-16-12 01:38 PM
In response to CSMmom

double sided papers kill me, because I usually like both sides, so then I may buy 4...because you never know...

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Huskymom

even if i am only doing a 1 page layout I always buy 2 in case of mistakes

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Just G

I buy 2 of single if I only love one side - 4 if I love both sides.

I use a lot of dots and stripes so when I find something I really like with colors that are hard to find - I may buy 6 or 8.

I've never bought just one of anything, but if that is all they had and I loved it I would, but I'd never buy just one on purpose.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-16-12 02:46 PM
In response to Henri Jean

for pp i buy just one unless i happen to be getting a pack. i only buy a pack if i love every single paper or if there's one i absolutely love but the single is sold out (this is not the smartest thing to do and i've only done it like twice). the only exception is dotted paper. i'm addicted to polka dot paper so when i find a great basic one i will get about 4 sheets. of course i rarely do double page spreads but if i do, i just make myself stretch the pp by using a cardstock background and then cutting up my pp.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to MoniL

I usually buy two. One if it's just kinda plain- but if I like it- and both sides are really cool- I'll buy 4.

k

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Cindyckj

If it is just one sided paper I buy 2 sheets. If it is back to back (my favorite!)I buy 4 sheets so I can use the back too on a layout. Then I usually buy 1-2 cardstock colors that coordinate, some stickers/embellies from the line, and a sheet or two of other coordinating paper if it goes with the line. That is what I buy if I am doing the layout for both of my boys scrapbooks. If it is only going in one of their albums, then it is 1/2 that amount.

Expert
In response to Vintageivy

I buy at least 3...I know sounds crazy, but if I start cutting up one for something...and it doesnt work out...I still have 2 to play with.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to deedee49

One. And when I buy packs, I give away at least one of the repeat sheets. Most of the time, having two or more is too much for me. There is a rare occasion that I will go back and buy an additional sheet if I used the collection and really want more. That happened with an Authentique collection recently.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to Cindyckj

I usually, buy at least two or three, especially if it's double sided. Now that I make cards, I can always use any left over coordinating paper.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to runzalot81

2 for sure, but often I will buy 3. I went to JoAnn's and they had 6 for $.99 and HL had 50% off single sheets. I loooove paper!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to bbarthej

Patterned paper I always buy 2 and I try to match it with solids and buy 2 of each solid for matting.

klong618
Tenant
klong618
In response to bbarthej

I actually just was my LSS looking at loose paper and found a paper I loved and was wondering what everyone else did. I bought 2 pages of it for the reasons most people mentioned (either multiple uses or 2 page layouts).

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to wilbur

If I love most of the line then I'll just get a paper pack if available since they usually come with two of each. But if I only love a few I buy loose. And depending on how much I love the design I'll get two, or just stick to one.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to wilbur

I usally only buy one and like Alissa when I buy packs I give my daughter one. Always keep plenty of plain cardstock on hand.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to wilbur

Just get one sheet and use it up. As someone who used to buy up to 5 sheets of each double sided paper I can tell you that you will likely not use those extra sheets. I just got rid of 75+ inches of paper and am not missing it at all. Most of it was purchases where I bought multiple sheets of a paper. If I like both sides, there are ways to use them both. I actually did a blog post about doing just that. (link is in my siggy)

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to wilbur

If it is a paper I think I might use as a background, I usually buy 2 in case I do a 2 page LO.
I buy only one if it is a paper that I know I'm only going to use to make flowers out of or cut up to make photo mats or something....
If it is a real specialty paper (like "train" paper for my son or something), I only get one sheet....cause I won't use it for much else!
Alison

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to wilbur

I usually buy two sheets of patterned paper as most of my layouts are two pg. If there is co-ordinating papers I will likely buy 2 of them also. If there are matching embellishments that I really like I will pick those up at the same time.

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to wilbur

i normally only buy paper by the sheet. i have purchased a few packs (normally when they are on 50% off) but im with Kory, i buy 2 but if it is double sided i buy 4. double sided is so hard for me, i feel like im "cheating" on my paper if i decide to use one side and not the other, lol.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mars2005

As a general rule - with most double sided I only like one side. Rarely do I like both sides.

SO two sheets - and four sheets if I really love the other side.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• Henri Jean Said:
As a general rule - with most double sided I only like one side. Rarely do I like both sides.

SO two sheets - and four sheets if I really love the other side.

This!

Or I will buy 3: 2 for the background sheets and 1 for the coordinating other side to use on a LO. Just depends how much I like it.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to pugs223

Never just 1- because what if......
All the above instances!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to ChansGram

I buy most of my paper in packs but when I buy singles I usually get 3. 2 in case I decide to use it as background in a double page spread and an extra to cut up for layering or to use on embellishments (tags, etc)

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to disneylisa

A curiosity question for those who buy 2+ sheets (that seems to be the majority here)... How much paper do you have?

Even just buying 1 sheet, I have accumulated about 1000 sheets of paper (about half of it is paper packs and cardstock). I think that's a lot of paper, but then again I'm severely limited by storage space. And of course it doesn't help that manufacturers are always coming out with new papers.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Mama2Thomas

I would say I have maybe 500 sheets, probably less. It helps that I rarely keep up with new collections. But I do often buy multiple sheets of paper I like. I've used the cow paper below at least eight times, possibly more, and I've got four more sheets in stock.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to ChansGram

Usually 1 but if I like both patterns I will buy 2.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Mia1979

How much paper do I have? No idea. I probably have 8 stacks of 180 sheets, 10 stacks of smaller packs, 300 sheets of random pp and about 500 sheets of solid cs if I had to guess.

I could probably go without buying paper for about 10 years with the amount of LOs I've been getting done the last few years.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to pugs223

Also, I should state that very rarely do I actually like both sides of a double-sided sheet. In fact the Cowprint I linked to above is one of the only ones I can think of where both sides appeal to me (and even in that case, I use the "moo" side only as narrow strips and never as a full background).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

About 2,000 cardstock and about 3,000-4,000 patterned but I don't know.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

OMG I don't think I want to know how many sheets of paper I have.LOL Probably only a 1 1/2-2foot high stack pp and cs together

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-17-12 02:34 PM
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
How much paper do I have? No idea. I probably have 8 stacks of 180 sheets, 10 stacks of smaller packs, 300 sheets of random pp and about 500 sheets of solid cs if I had to guess.

I could probably go without buying paper for about 10 years with the amount of LOs I've been getting done the last few years.

Me, too... but I do buying paper

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Huskymom

I buy at least two sheets of paper at a time. I am always afraid that I will screw up and I then I wont be able to get back to the store to buy another sheet! I normally use the same paper for multiple items so I use the paper up!

miss becky
Idol
miss becky
In response to wilbur

I usually only buy 1 unless i have something in mind already. I really dont do many double layouts as i should.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to mars2005

• mars2005 Said:
i normally only buy paper by the sheet. i have purchased a few packs (normally when they are on 50% off) but im with Kory, i buy 2 but if it is double sided i buy 4. double sided is so hard for me, i feel like im "cheating" on my paper if i decide to use one side and not the other, lol.

I also buy 2 or 4 or more if it's double-sided and I can afford it. If it's something hard to find, I buy as many as I can. Especially pirate and vampire themed papers as pirates and vampires are very popular with just about everyone I know.

suezhunt
Pro
suezhunt
In response to Cindyckj

I only buy one unless I really like both sides or have a project in mind. I figure I can always buy more again later.

Veteran
In response to suezhunt

I usually buy at least 2 of a pattern. I try to buy in packs that way I'll have 2 and then some extra to share with friends. Packs are cheaper.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics