Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Anyone working on anything this week & weekend?        (Topic#1569353)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hello dear friends, I thought I would start a new thread for the week & the weekend. What are you guys working on this week & this weekend?
I will be working on the John Deere tractor of my dad. I started it today. I got the gear die & it is perfect. I also got some cool Pink Paisley Soiree birthday stuff for me.
I am so glad to crop with you guys.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Governor
KVRLVN
In response to anda11

I am re-vamping my craft space. I got two new cabinets and re-organizing.

I'm also making 3 decorated craft boxes for extra storage on my shelves. I've got 2 done and working on the third. I'm off this weekend so should have it all done by Sunday. (I hope)

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 01-17-12 03:51 PM
In response to anda11

I'm desperately trying to finish a lo of my dd's first love. OMG I've been staring at it, moving it around, falling asleep thinking about it for a ridiculous amount of time. I am gluing tonight! I can't even stand to look at it anymore. Thanks for asking. It's nice cropping with you too.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Lunie

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Isn't this same thread just a couple of topics down?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Lunie

I'm trying to build up my card stash. I've got got up in my regular scrapping, so I want to do this while I have time.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

It's a weekly weekend thread.

This week I HAVE to get started on my next batch of cards for a local card club. The theme is birthday...thinking about attempting the slider cards.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

I also have to get my friends card done tonight and out in the mail tomorrow. She ran in the Olympic marathon trials this past weekend and wanted to send her something besides facebook congrats. She is not going to London but came in 9th.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hello dear friends, I thought I would start a new thread for the week & the weekend. What are you guys working on this week & this weekend?
I will be working on the John Deere tractor of my dad. I started it today. I got the gear die & it is perfect. I also got some cool Pink Paisley Soiree birthday stuff for me.

The John Deere LO sounds fun, can't wait to see it. Yay for new pretties for you.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to pugs223

I'm finishing up a stick pin swap for another site. It calls for 72 pins - 24 sets of 3 pins with gift packages. Lots of work, but fun.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Mother Goose

I am alive and have been going nut the last few weeks. Dh finally got a job and he is working days for the first time in 7 years. we have been trying to work it all out. With us getting up at 4 am and being out of the house by 6 am. its killing me. i have not gotten much done. hopping to get my work space cleaned up this weekend along with the rest of the house. I got super sick after the first of the year and thing really got behind.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Stephanie D

Congrats to dh Stephanie, that's wonderful news about the job!!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to RockStar

I will be working on my nephew's wedding pic's which included a family vacation. New Year's resolution 2pages per day. Short 6 pages, but will catch up this weekend.

Veteran
In response to scrappnmom2il

I am still working on Christmas pictures. I go to scrap weekends once a month and seems like the past 2 or 3 months have been Christmas! I think the pictures are like little bunnies, they keep multiplying because I keep finding them! I actually have Halloween 2011 and Thanksgiving 2011 printed along with Christmas and New Years 2011 to scrap, not that I'll finish all that this weekend, but I'll try.

Veteran

• Mother Goose Said:
I'm finishing up a stick pin swap for another site. It calls for 72 pins - 24 sets of 3 pins with gift packages. Lots of work, but fun.

I'd love to see pictures of this swap, I'm curious as to what you're making.

Pugs223 -- I love your saying in your signature.....If it isn't in the scrapbook, it didn't happen! that is too cute!!!! May I borrow that to make a plaque for my scrapbook area?

Edited by jeniferdwn on 01-18-12 05:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to jeniferdwn

• jeniferdwn Said:
  • Mother Goose Said:

I'd love to see pictures of this swap, I'm curious as to what you're making.

Pugs223 -- I love your saying in your signature.....If it isn't in the scrapbook, it didn't happen! that is too cute!!!! May I borrow that to make a plaque for my scrapbook area?

Sure! It's not my original saying, I don't remember where I read it but loved it right away...since we all know there are pictures out there of us that we'd rather forget

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KVRLVN

• KVRLVN Said:
I am re-vamping my craft space. I got two new cabinets and re-organizing.

I'm also making 3 decorated craft boxes for extra storage on my shelves. I've got 2 done and working on the third. I'm off this weekend so should have it all done by Sunday. (I hope)

Congrats on your 2 new cabinets. YEAH Isn't that the fun type of organizing when you have new cabinets. lol Your decorated craft boxes sound nice. I never thought to do that. What a great idea! I hope you post some.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back. I am going to work on the tractor page. I am quite excited!! I have never done any of my dad yet. It seemed like it would be a fast page too.
WE are making dinner for my son today cause it is his birthday. He works the late night-overnight shift so I am not sure when it will be yet.
I was so tired last night that I went to bed early.
I feel like I am catching up on my sleep.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Governor
KVRLVN
In response to anda11

Linda, thanks. I have my craft area in my guest room. We have been debating for months to get rid of the bed and let me have for an office/craft room. To date, we decided not to. Maybe someday. It's a little crowded in there, but organized.

As soon as I get the boxes done, I will post the boxes and my updated room.

I would love to see your tractor page when your done. Sounds neat.

Kelly

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
I'm desperately trying to finish a lo of my dd's first love. OMG I've been staring at it, moving it around, falling asleep thinking about it for a ridiculous amount of time. I am gluing tonight! I can't even stand to look at it anymore. Thanks for asking. It's nice cropping with you too.

I say glue glue glue & then you won't have to look at it anymore. lol Then you can not have to think about it anymore.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

I am sorry to be confusing Linda!! lol You are making me laugh about crazy pills. thanks for the laugh.Sorry again.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to flintridgescrapper

• flintridgescrapper Said:
I'm trying to build up my card stash. I've got got up in my regular scrapping, so I want to do this while I have time.

Hi Judy, I need to make cards too. I usually have a big box of stash but I have 0. lol I did donate them though. I also need to make some for the kids camp here. I hope you build up a good size one.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

It's a weekly weekend thread.

This week I HAVE to get started on my next batch of cards for a local card club. The theme is birthday...thinking about attempting the slider cards.

I think birthday cards are fun to make. I also love those sliders. I can't remember if I ever made one. You better post one when done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
I also have to get my friends card done tonight and out in the mail tomorrow. She ran in the Olympic marathon trials this past weekend and wanted to send her something besides facebook congrats. She is not going to London but came in 9th.

Oh wow. Congrats on your friend. 9th is still amazing.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • anda11 Said:

The John Deere LO sounds fun, can't wait to see it. Yay for new pretties for you.

well Peg, I can't wait for you to see it. lol I can't wait to finish it. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Mother Goose Said:

Hi Kay, those sound like fun too. Enjoy making them. Are you going to post some?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
I am alive and have been going nut the last few weeks. Dh finally got a job and he is working days for the first time in 7 years. we have been trying to work it all out. With us getting up at 4 am and being out of the house by 6 am. its killing me. i have not gotten much done. hopping to get my work space cleaned up this weekend along with the rest of the house. I got super sick after the first of the year and thing really got behind.

YEAH Steph! on your hubby's new job & you being alive. lol I am sorry you were ill. You are correct about changing shifts. Our family has done that before & it is so hard. I am sure you will get your stash going quickly soon. Glad you are back!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have got the page together but now I have to see if I want mats, or add different papers to it. I have to leave in a bit because we are having dinner at 6:30. I can't wait to give him his tray.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• scrappnmom2il Said:
I will be working on my nephew's wedding pic's which included a family vacation. New Year's resolution 2pages per day. Short 6 pages, but will catch up this weekend.

OH wedding pages are so much fun to do. Enjoy! So are vacation pics too. You can catch up on the weekend. Glad you are here.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• jeniferdwn Said:
I am still working on Christmas pictures. I go to scrap weekends once a month and seems like the past 2 or 3 months have been Christmas! I think the pictures are like little bunnies, they keep multiplying because I keep finding them! I actually have Halloween 2011 and Thanksgiving 2011 printed along with Christmas and New Years 2011 to scrap, not that I'll finish all that this weekend, but I'll try.

You are making me laugh! YOu are right about Christmas pics being like bunnies. lol They do multiply. I hope you can work on your Thanksgiving & Halloween this weekend.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KVRLVN

• KVRLVN Said:
Linda, thanks. I have my craft area in my guest room. We have been debating for months to get rid of the bed and let me have for an office/craft room. To date, we decided not to. Maybe someday. It's a little crowded in there, but organized.

As soon as I get the boxes done, I will post the boxes and my updated room.

I would love to see your tractor page when your done. Sounds neat.

Kelly

Well Kelly, you can always take the bed out later. You are right about being able to work with it being organized. I can't wait to see your boxes.

Veteran
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:

You are making me laugh! YOu are right about Christmas pics being like bunnies. lol They do multiply. I hope you can work on your Thanksgiving & Halloween this weekend.

I think I'll start with Halloween and Thanksgiving so I know I'll finish those. Since I'll never finish Christmas at least I'll be finished with the other 2!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• jeniferdwn Said:
  • anda11 Said:

I think I'll start with Halloween and Thanksgiving so I know I'll finish those. Since I'll never finish Christmas at least I'll be finished with the other 2!

That is a great way to look at it. I am working on my page a bit at a time. YOu will feel great getting them done.

New Kid On the Block
In response to anda11

Sunday is my scrapbook day. I made about 10 pages this weekend. I need new ideas. I feel like I do the same few things all the time!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:

I want to be sure to check this out when finished, I do SO MANY John Deere LO's a year, Im always looking for new ideas. I wanna see this die in action.

These are the latest JD LO's I made, I feel they could use something....

Tractor Show By ScrappyMama6

Pedal Pull By ScrappyMama6

This one I like ok, cause I tried to focus on US, and not on the tractor per se...

All of Us By ScrappyMama6

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to anda11

Im working on a journal, i know, finally right? I liked the idea someone gave me of just getting 5-subject notebooks and altering them. so that is what i am doing. looking good so far. of course i had to work on my oil painting today so ive only got the front and back covers done.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to anda11

I am working on a project for the Fiskars creative site. It will be featured on their February blog. I can't give any details but am very excited.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I want to do a page that I can frame which means i've got to get in town to buy a 12x12 frame and need to buy the chipboard embellies that go with the blitzen line from bo bunny. i'm kicking myself now for not buying them the last time I was in there. lol

My next door neighbor passed away suddenly on monday and his daughter took some great photos this last christmas so this is why I want to make that layout for them. I've known them my whole life and just wonderful people.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have my deere layout done. I am adhering it now. I have to journal too.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I'm in Hawaii. The closest thing I'm doing to scrapbooking is to take photos.

And putting momentos in the scrapbook paper case. Will also go to the scrapbooks store sometimes this week or next.

marymagdalen
New Kid On the Block
marymagdalen
In response to Henri Jean

I'm finally going to finish my son's 18th Album (although... don't hold your breath - I said the same thing last weekend!!). Maybe start experimenting with some ideas I want to work on - involving printing on water-coloured canvas. Anyone ever done that? No idea if or how it'll work. Then once I'm covered in paint and ink and smelling of glue, I'm off to the movies with the hubby. I think that just about covers it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

It is finished! WHOOHOO
[image] Deere Dad 1987 My Dad antique tractor By Anda11http://[/image]

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to anda11

Hi everyone! Looks like everyone has some great plans for the weekend. I am hoping to get a snapfish order in the mail so I can sort and organize some pictures to get ready to scrapbook-Christmas, my son getting braces on, and Halloween. I also need to choose one of our recent trips and get that going to scrapbook. Happy scrapping everyone!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I am back today. :)I am going to finish the basketball layout. I feel like finishing things. I have not answered all your posts yet but I will.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to anda11

My DH has almost finished my scrapbook room (with the exception of some trim) so I hope to start organizing everything and maybe actually do a page or 2. My kids have even used the new craft table before me--doing their homework. I think it's going to become the "family" craft room, which I think will be ok. Then we can all work on stuff together.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
It is finished! WHOOHOO

That turned out really nice. Love the title--how clever.

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to anda11

I have to get a sample of my newest sketch done.

They I need to clean out my big closet so I can finish the other two I started and get the ******** put away that is driving me crazy.

Oh and get ready for next weekends 12 hour crop.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andriangates

• andriangates Said:
Sunday is my scrapbook day. I made about 10 pages this weekend. I need new ideas. I feel like I do the same few things all the time!

Congrats on getting so many pages done last weekend! :)When I get feeling like I use the same thing over again, I just look at the gallery here. Then I find too many ideas.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
  • anda11 Said:

I want to be sure to check this out when finished, I do SO MANY John Deere LO's a year, Im always looking for new ideas. I wanna see this die in action.

This one I like ok, cause I tried to focus on US, and not on the tractor per se...

Hey Teresa, I just love those pages! I think they look great the way they are. You have a cute family.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mars2005

• mars2005 Said:
Im working on a journal, i know, finally right? I liked the idea someone gave me of just getting 5-subject notebooks and altering them. so that is what i am doing. looking good so far. of course i had to work on my oil painting today so ive only got the front and back covers done.

Don't feel bad. I just bought my planner last week. I think the 5 subject books would be perfect. I hope you post some. Enjoy your painting.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
I am working on a project for the Fiskars creative site. It will be featured on their February blog. I can't give any details but am very excited.

Congrats on being chosen for the Fiskars blog. I would be excited too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
I want to do a page that I can frame which means i've got to get in town to buy a 12x12 frame and need to buy the chipboard embellies that go with the blitzen line from bo bunny. i'm kicking myself now for not buying them the last time I was in there. lol

My next door neighbor passed away suddenly on monday and his daughter took some great photos this last christmas so this is why I want to make that layout for them. I've known them my whole life and just wonderful people.

I am so sorry that you have lost your neighbor. YOu have my deepest sympathies. (((((HUGS))))
That layout sounds like a wonderful idea.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm in Hawaii. The closest thing I'm doing to scrapbooking is to take photos.

And putting momentos in the scrapbook paper case. Will also go to the scrapbooks store sometimes this week or next.

WHOOOHOOO Henri!! Enjoy your time there. I know you will. Have fun when you go to the scrapbook store among the other places you will be going.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to marymagdalen

• marymagdalen Said:
I'm finally going to finish my son's 18th Album (although... don't hold your breath - I said the same thing last weekend!!). Maybe start experimenting with some ideas I want to work on - involving printing on water-coloured canvas. Anyone ever done that? No idea if or how it'll work. Then once I'm covered in paint and ink and smelling of glue, I'm off to the movies with the hubby. I think that just about covers it!

Oh well....you can always finish it next weekend.. lol I do hope you have fun while you are painting your canvas . Enjoy your movie too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
Hi everyone! Looks like everyone has some great plans for the weekend. I am hoping to get a snapfish order in the mail so I can sort and organize some pictures to get ready to scrapbook-Christmas, my son getting braces on, and Halloween. I also need to choose one of our recent trips and get that going to scrapbook. Happy scrapping everyone!

You are right...everyone does have great plans. I hope you get your photo order in. I hope you get them organized. I also hope you do get to one of your trips. :() Happy weekend!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mstasha

• mstasha Said:
My DH has almost finished my scrapbook room (with the exception of some trim) so I hope to start organizing everything and maybe actually do a page or 2. My kids have even used the new craft table before me--doing their homework. I think it's going to become the "family" craft room, which I think will be ok. Then we can all work on stuff together.

WHOOHOO on getting it done. Enjoy your organizing. I hope you do get a chance to scrap a couple pages. I think a family craft room is nice. Enjoy crafting in there with everyone.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mstasha

• mstasha Said:
  • anda11 Said:
It is finished! WHOOHOO

That turned out really nice. Love the title--how clever.

Thanks, It was not my idea. I saw it somewhere.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to AmyK75

• AmyK75 Said:
I have to get a sample of my newest sketch done.

They I need to clean out my big closet so I can finish the other two I started and get the ******** put away that is driving me crazy.

Oh and get ready for next weekends 12 hour crop.

I hope you get you sketch sample done in time. I hope the big closet goes fast so you can finish the other two.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't worked on the bb layout. I found a stack of paper that had layouts in it too so I am putting those away. I am also trying to match pics to my new papers for my crop bag. My friend & I are meeting to crop again on Tues. I am so glad.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
  • anda11 Said:

I just looked at your pages closely. You have such amazing photos. I love each of your pages.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-20-12 01:44 PM
In response to anda11

Happy crafting everybody! I am off to watch the grandkiddies now, my dd has a new job and her hubbie works 3rd shift. I worked on a wreath a little bit today, I am doing a whole year of monogram wreaths, so of course it is time to do a valentine's day wreath. Hoping to scrap a bit tomorrow, but I am trying to finish organizing my crafty space too so we will see. Making tamales for the first time ever on Sunday, so it is a bussssssssy weekend.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to meela

Thank you Linda! Your so sweet! Hoping I can get in town next week and get the rest of what I need. Was just not able to get in town before the weekend but I can still work on part of the LO

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to anda11

had planned to start my new baby grandson's book at a morning crop sponsered by a local church...but a miserable cold will keep me home and probably hanging out online between naps! Oh well...maybe next time!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to mj scrappin'

Started my slider cards. These are fun, yet a bit time consuming.

Going to use my first set of nesties for the first time!!!!

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to pugs223

I'm working on ribbon flowers for my wedding album. This is my first attempt at ribbon flowers, but I think they are coming out okay. I'm trying to post a pic, buuuut its being difficult.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to meela

I'm taking a scrapbook page layout class tomorrow afternoon. Am just going to finish off a two page layout now. Hope to get a bit more done in-between hockey games and housework

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to SandraB.

I am really bummed. I was suppose to go to a crop tonight, but we were snowed in. Oh well, I worked on our vacation/ nephew's wedding album and my son's homecoming layout. And the weekend isn't over.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-20-12 10:16 PM

Spent over five hours today editing pics but I was able to pick up photos for 33 layouts before Walmart closed. I only have one page I want to complete this weekend for a challenge but hopefully I'll get more done.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to MoniL

Organizing, organizing, organizing! I'm just letting the first coat of paint dry on a box I'm altering for some "pretty" storage. I'm then hoping to print out some pictures so I can update my small album of my ATC cards. Hmmm, maybe I should decorate that album?????

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to meela

• meela Said:
Happy crafting everybody! I am off to watch the grandkiddies now, my dd has a new job and her hubbie works 3rd shift. I worked on a wreath a little bit today, I am doing a whole year of monogram wreaths, so of course it is time to do a valentine's day wreath. Hoping to scrap a bit tomorrow, but I am trying to finish organizing my crafty space too so we will see. Making tamales for the first time ever on Sunday, so it is a bussssssssy weekend.

Hi Pam, I hope you had a nice time watching the grandkids. Your wreath sounds really nice. I am glad you got to work on it a bit. I hope you did get to scrap a bit too & I hope you do get your organizing done. Tamales sound good.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
Thank you Linda! Your so sweet! Hoping I can get in town next week and get the rest of what I need. Was just not able to get in town before the weekend but I can still work on part of the LO

I hope you can get in town next week. It is good you can work on it before you go. That is very nice of you.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mj scrappin'

• mj scrappin' Said:
had planned to start my new baby grandson's book at a morning crop sponsered by a local church...but a miserable cold will keep me home and probably hanging out online between naps! Oh well...maybe next time!

Congrats on your new baby grandson. I am sorry you missed the crop due to a miserable cold. I sure hope you recover asap so you can go soon. Hope you get well. This is a great place to be.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Started my slider cards. These are fun, yet a bit time consuming.

Going to use my first set of nesties for the first time!!!!

I am glad you started on them. time consuming can be a good thing. lol Enjoy using your 1st nestie Peg. I juat got my first one in May.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to michelley2002

• michelley2002 Said:
I'm working on ribbon flowers for my wedding album. This is my first attempt at ribbon flowers, but I think they are coming out okay. I'm trying to post a pic, buuuut its being difficult.

Oh I am so excited to hear about your flowers. I love love love the ribbon flowers but I have not made any yet. I do hope you post a pic. I hope you have a great weekend too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SandraB.

• SandraB. Said:
I'm taking a scrapbook page layout class tomorrow afternoon. Am just going to finish off a two page layout now. Hope to get a bit more done in-between hockey games and housework

Hi Sandra, I hope you enjoyed your class. I also hope you got your layout done. Glad you are here.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• scrappnmom2il Said:
I am really bummed. I was suppose to go to a crop tonight, but we were snowed in. Oh well, I worked on our vacation/ nephew's wedding album and my son's homecoming layout. And the weekend isn't over.

I am so sorry that you missed your crop due to snow but I am glad you worked on the wedding album & the homecoming layout.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MoniL

• MoniL Said:
Spent over five hours today editing pics but I was able to pick up photos for 33 layouts before Walmart closed. I only have one page I want to complete this weekend for a challenge but hopefully I'll get more done.

Yeah on getting your photos edited. Yeah on [picking up your new pics. I do hope you get the layout for the challenge done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Organizing, organizing, organizing! I'm just letting the first coat of paint dry on a box I'm altering for some "pretty" storage. I'm then hoping to print out some pictures so I can update my small album of my ATC cards. Hmmm, maybe I should decorate that album?????

HI, I hope you get far in your organization. Your storage box sounds so nice. Maybe you should decorate it too.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • michelley2002 Said:

Oh I am so excited to hear about your flowers. I love love love the ribbon flowers but I have not made any yet. I do hope you post a pic. I hope you have a great weekend too.

I posted a pic with a link to a video that made it really easy to understand. The hardest part (for me anyway) is making sure that you can't see the glue. Now I am working on some water distressed flowers. Someone posted a link for the video but I forget who or where .

Hope everyones projects are coming along!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• michelley2002 Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • michelley2002 Said:

I posted a pic with a link to a video that made it really easy to understand. The hardest part (for me anyway) is making sure that you can't see the glue. Now I am working on some water distressed flowers. Someone posted a link for the video but I forget who or where .

Hope everyones projects are coming along!

Oh great. I will look at both the flowers & the link. Thanks

Expert

I spent most of the day cleaning and organizing part of the area next to my scrappy desk. Found (or re-found) a box of photos that I had forgetten about. Sooooooo glad I found them because I recently scanned a bunch of my old APS photos and reprinted them so I could scrap trips like our honeymoon in Colorado, DC, Vegas, etc., but the photos I found were ones DH had taken with his camera on our honeymoon, DC, Vegas, and even our band trip to Ireland during college! Luckily he had had duplicate prints made for most of his photos so I don't have to worry about that. I also spent time putting his negatives in special holders (to get them out of the original paper envelopes...) and boy am I glad I did because some of the older ones (mid 90's) are not holding up so well!

Now I'm trying to decide if I should borrow my mom's photo scanner again (even though I don't love the quality) or look into getting my own. There's going to be a point at which I don't need to scan any more, but it would be handy... Also trying to decide if I should ask my Mom if she could scan and print a group of her photos for me because I'm really eager to do a Disney book--I have photos from my 2nd trip and DH's high school band trip, but I need the ones from my 1st trip too. My problem is that I'm not sure when I'll be back at her house to do it myself (and I have two big crops coming up when I can work on it.)

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to HuskerMom98

Altered a cookie tin this afternoon, and bought a set of magnetic poetry stamps tonight at Half-Price Books while looking for Kiki Lowenstein mysteries. I have already done the bulk of the work necessary for getting them added to my supply inventory book.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-21-12 08:40 PM
In response to aquabunny

woo, poetry stamps, that sounds like fun to use! Especially with valentine's day coming up!
Linda, thanks for your kind words too.
I finished my wreath, it is now hanging on the front door. I cooked and shredded the pork and chicken breast and have the beans soaking for the tamale making tomorrow. I just watched a half dozen utube videos on making tamales, so hopefully it will go well tomorrow. I have to write my blog post for tomorrow, but I might wait until tomorrow. I organized in my scrappy crafty room a bit more too, so happy about that. I love seeing things so tidy and organized. I am definitely taking pictures so I remember what it looks like when it is clean and tidy.

Handwerk by Pamela
Veteran
Handwerk by Pamela
In response to anda11

Fun topic!

I am organizing my scraproom, and plan on making a thank you card later today.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Handwerk by Pamela

This weekend's accomplishments...

My slider cards are done!

Birthday Slider Card By Pugs223

AND....

My DS, who is 8, created his first scrapbook pages. I'm so proud.

Halloween Soldier By Pugs223
DS favorite team By Pugs223
A boy and his puppy By Pugs223

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

Sitting here in the dining room in our cabin watching the beach and ocean out the dining room sliding room doors. Thought about going down to the beach but got a bit too much sun yesterday. Not burn but it loks like my right arm is burnt - it is bright red but doesn't hurt. Need to take it a bit easier.

Took a lot of pictures yesterday. We all went to the beach to swim and I decided to take pictures before going in the water. All I did was take pictures of my husband and son. The layouts will be "My Guys". There are a few real good pictures of them body surfing onthose little boards.

Then my son completely buried Bill in the sand except for his head - another layout, "Let's Bury Bill". Can't wait to work on that one.

Last night at Jimmy buffets for my son's birthday - another layout!

We are going to be here for almost a month. It's feeling like there will be a lot more layouts then I usually do when we are here - since it's my son's first time we are doing a lot more touristy things that I've scrapped many times before but I want to do them again with him in them.

I really don't know how many times I've scrapped the USS Arizona, but it's getting scrapped again. And other places we have been before too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hi guys. I thought that I would just continue with this same thread. What are you guys working on now? I see a few posts I still need to read. I am not sure what I am going to be working on today. I do need to work a bit & make dinner. I am going to see what I want to work on. What are you guys doing?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to anda11

I am still working on our Tennessee vacation this past August. I am almost done. I have the Smoky Mountain trip done, all I have left is to scrap my nephews wedding. I hope to finish that this week.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I finished eating the box of Sunkist Fruit Gems I got for Christmas, so now I've got a nice box to cover in paper for future use. I've already done a much smaller box which turned out great, but this'll be a much bigger job.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• scrappnmom2il Said:
I am still working on our Tennessee vacation this past August. I am almost done. I have the Smoky Mountain trip done, all I have left is to scrap my nephews wedding. I hope to finish that this week.

HI Ausra, I just love Tennessee. I am not done scrapping it yet. I hope you get finished so you can work on the wedding.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I finished eating the box of Sunkist Fruit Gems I got for Christmas, so now I've got a nice box to cover in paper for future use. I've already done a much smaller box which turned out great, but this'll be a much bigger job.

I just love those kind of candies. lol I can't wait to see after you alter it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have decided to work on the basketball layout again. See if I can finish it soon.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to anda11

I really need to finish an album celebrating my boyfriend and me at our 20th anniversary--which was in 2010!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I have decided to work on the basketball layout again. See if I can finish it soon.

You can do it! Can't wait to see it.

I'm thinking about starting my next batch of cards...masculine cards. Been browsing the gallery for ideas.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to jaspernonyx

• jaspernonyx Said:
I really need to finish an album celebrating my boyfriend and me at our 20th anniversary--which was in 2010!

too funny. :)You sound like me. lol Why don't you just finish it in time for your 25th? lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • anda11 Said:

You can do it! Can't wait to see it.

I'm thinking about starting my next batch of cards...masculine cards. Been browsing the gallery for ideas.

I do feel like finishing it. lol It is masculine cards this week Peg? I just saw some in the gallery & you will have no problem finding them.

MyRv4me
Resident
MyRv4me
In response to anda11

I need to finish up my little mini-book, and I am cleaning out the closet in my scraproom... getting rid of things I don't need anymore. I need more room for all the NEW stuff I want to buy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MyRv4me

• MyRv4me Said:
I need to finish up my little mini-book, and I am cleaning out the closet in my scraproom... getting rid of things I don't need anymore. I need more room for all the NEW stuff I want to buy

The mini book sounds like fun. So does cleaning the scrap closet to make room for new stuff.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to HuskerMom98

• HuskerMom98 Said:
I spent most of the day cleaning and organizing part of the area next to my scrappy desk. Found (or re-found) a box of photos that I had forgetten about. Sooooooo glad I found them because I recently scanned a bunch of my old APS photos and reprinted them so I could scrap trips like our honeymoon in Colorado, DC, Vegas, etc., but the photos I found were ones DH had taken with his camera on our honeymoon, DC, Vegas, and even our band trip to Ireland during college! Luckily he had had duplicate prints made for most of his photos so I don't have to worry about that. I also spent time putting his negatives in special holders (to get them out of the original paper envelopes...) and boy am I glad I did because some of the older ones (mid 90's) are not holding up so well!

Now I'm trying to decide if I should borrow my mom's photo scanner again (even though I don't love the quality) or look into getting my own. There's going to be a point at which I don't need to scan any more, but it would be handy... Also trying to decide if I should ask my Mom if she could scan and print a group of her photos for me because I'm really eager to do a Disney book--I have photos from my 2nd trip and DH's high school band trip, but I need the ones from my 1st trip too. My problem is that I'm not sure when I'll be back at her house to do it myself (and I have two big crops coming up when I can work on it.)

Yeah on cleaning your desk area. WHOOHOO on finding the box of photos. It was great he had duplicates. Congrats on getting the negatives put away. Well if you would like me to enable you, I will. You need a scanner. I use mine almost daily. for scrapping & my genealogy. I do not blame you for wanting to do Disney photos. They are so much fun to do. I did not start my Disney till a few yrs ago.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Altered a cookie tin this afternoon, and bought a set of magnetic poetry stamps tonight at Half-Price Books while looking for Kiki Lowenstein mysteries. I have already done the bulk of the work necessary for getting them added to my supply inventory book.

YEAH on your poetry stamps find! That is wonderful. Congrats on getting your altered tin finished.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to meela

• meela Said:
woo, poetry stamps, that sounds like fun to use! Especially with valentine's day coming up!
Linda, thanks for your kind words too.
I finished my wreath, it is now hanging on the front door. I cooked and shredded the pork and chicken breast and have the beans soaking for the tamale making tomorrow. I just watched a half dozen utube videos on making tamales, so hopefully it will go well tomorrow. I have to write my blog post for tomorrow, but I might wait until tomorrow. I organized in my scrappy crafty room a bit more too, so happy about that. I love seeing things so tidy and organized. I am definitely taking pictures so I remember what it looks like when it is clean and tidy.

Hi Pam, YEAH on finishing your wreath! I bet you are so happy to finish it. I hope your tamale making session went well. We just love mexican food. I am glad you got more organization done too. IT does look good when clean.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics