Username Post: Kory        (Topic#1570499)
theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

Is it payday for you? It is for me and I placed and order here this morning PLUS will be heading over to Mike's after work. You help feed my addiction!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to theellenbee

You both are enabling me so please stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love shopping for scrapping supplies.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to SoonerT

hehe... Kory's 3rd post...

I do admit that i think about having a "Kory day" when I find a good deal... such as yesterday... I found Tuesday Morning and only found grunge board, but found clearance items everywhere else... too bad i did not have the budget to indulge in all the deals...

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Rushli

I'm going to check out a few of the local Tuesday Mornings, tomorrow. It'll be a Tuesday Morning Saturday Morning! HA! I'm hoping to find lots of cheap supplies- and you all know I'll keep you posted! I love having people to tell, who will appreciate my excitement!

But no, Miss EllenB, it isn't my PayDay weekend- next weeking will be my PayDay-FriDay Celebration. Luckily, it will coincide with the Grand Opening at the 'new Joann's!' I have a 50% off coupon for each day of the sale- and I think I might take Friday morning off work at the office, so that I can be one of the first 100 on Friday to get the 10.00 gift card. And then do it all over again Saturday morning.

Has there been any sightings of WHAT products Tuesday Morning will have this weekend? Specifically any sightings of Martha Stewart's punches, or any of Mr. Holtz's stuff? I've got plenty of Grungeboard packs- (like, 10 of them) so I'm good there- but anything else that I really use up lots, I would like to buy in bulk!

ALSO- re: Tuesday Morning- have any of you used their product locator? You can go to their website, punch in the SKU number on their price tag - and it'll tell you which of their stores have more of it- it's terrific! Last time I wanted more Grungeboard letters- I drove around town the the TMs that showed it in stock and bought it!

-k

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to designguyKORY

Also, y'all- you're making me both blush and get a little scared, with the KORY subject titles. I'm just waiting for someone who isn't so nice to go off on a post about "THIS IS SCRAPBOOK.COM not KORY.COM!" lol

Dangit, Miz Ellen, now I'm too excited to find some bargains that I can't get any work done!

-kory

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

It's a secret Kory, but here is how you can sometimes get away with using two 40-50% off coupons at mike's. You need to pay with cash and then you have to tell a little white lie. Tell the cashier that you are buying something for your friend/co-worker/neighbor or mother. You need a seperate receipt and you want to use his/her coupon. It works for me 99% of the time. But please don't share this with anyone or else I will be labeled a liar and be banned from mike's!!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• theellenb Said:
It's a secret Kory, [...] But please don't share this with anyone or else I will be labeled a liar and be banned from mike's!!!

If you want something to be kept a secret not to be shared with anyone else, you probably shouldn't post it on a public forum that can be read by anyone without logging in.

Edited by aquabunny on 02-10-12 12:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to aquabunny

Thanks but I was being facetious. And I exaggerated. I only did it once at mike's, where it worked and once at Joanne's, where it didn't.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to aquabunny

We were behind a lady in M's last night who had each of her children go in front of her and buy an item and used the 40% off coupon.

I was wanting to use my 40% off coupon for a Martha Stewart score board but husband was with me and we were kind of in a hurry. I will use the 40% coupon tonight at HL.

With all the talk about TM's I am going to have to look them up here in the Tulsa area.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to SoonerT

Now I want to go to my TM after work! And it is just down the road from Anchor Paper...I knew I shouldn't have opened a post titled 'Kory' since it usually encourages me to spend money hearing about everyone's deals and steals!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

LOL, love your 'secret!'

k

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• designguyKORY Said:
Also, y'all- you're making me both blush and get a little scared, with the KORY subject titles. I'm just waiting for someone who isn't so nice to go off on a post about "THIS IS SCRAPBOOK.COM not KORY.COM!" lol

Dangit, Miz Ellen, now I'm too excited to find some bargains that I can't get any work done!

-kory

Kory.Com I love it!!!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• theellenb Said:
Is it payday for you? It is for me and I placed and order here this morning PLUS will be heading over to Mike's after work. You help feed my addiction!

Tomorrow is PayDay for me!!! Planned a few things to buy on that wonderful day! I have to go tonight to HL and buy a paper that I forgot for my BFs V-day Present. Hoping that I can just go in and get the one piece of paper! ahahha Good luck to me!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Hmmm and just what sir, is a Grungeboard pack? I just might need that......LOL! Seriously.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to CrimsonMama

It's the packs of pre-cut grungeboard shaps and letters! They are very cool! And fun to paint/emboss over, glue on things- all that!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Ohhh yeah, I just googled it and that cool, I might just need some of that for my motorcycle book. I can't recall seeing it in a store. Cool, I'm learning something in here this week!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to CrimsonMama

I ended up at Tuesday Morning on my way home from work and found a ton of TH products on clearance, the texture hammer, configuration boxes, holiday masks, a paper pack and I might have cleaned them out of their grungeboard letters...all 8 packs of it. Whoops! Ah well everyone loves a little Friday shopping spree

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej

• theellenb Said:
It's a secret Kory, but here is how you can sometimes get away with using two 40-50% off coupons at mike's. You need to pay with cash and then you have to tell a little white lie. Tell the cashier that you are buying something for your friend/co-worker/neighbor or mother. You need a seperate receipt and you want to use his/her coupon. It works for me 99% of the time. But please don't share this with anyone or else I will be labeled a liar and be banned from mike's!!!

Love it! I'll have to try that the next time I go shopping. I usually just bring my DH and give him a coupon, but he's starting to not want to go near HL or Joann's. I always promise that I will only be in there 15 min, BUT... His idea of 15 min and mine are different. hehehe

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to MrsAnnieS

Arrrrrrrrrrr! MrsAnnie, you are killin me! Killin me! I wish I could go to TM right now!!!

I caaaaaant! LoL

Less than two hours until this play opens! First time ever, I think, that I would rather be at Tuesday Morning instead of stage managing a new show on its first night, lol. Ohhh I am glad the hard part is over, tho and I have more free time and can just go do the show and not just work on it every night!

See yall later, gotta run!

K

Expert

My Tuesday morning had grungeboard. A big pack of Tim Holtz paper (pad)....some K and company....and some colorbok. Also it had giant paper pads for bigger projects.
The colorbok paper pads were only 1.99.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerT Said:
We were behind a lady in M's last night who had each of her children go in front of her and buy an item and used the 40% off coupon.

I was wanting to use my 40% off coupon for a Martha Stewart score board but husband was with me and we were kind of in a hurry. I will use the 40% coupon tonight at HL.

With all the talk about TM's I am going to have to look them up here in the Tulsa area.

Wow I was told @ my local HL that they did not take competitor coupons.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to Mia1979

Break a leg Kory! Hope all runs smoothly, the first night is usually the most nerve wracking!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to crazycricut

Thanks, CrazyCricut!

I am home, safe and sound and no missed cues, so all in all, a great night!

Now, to wake up and get myself to Tuesday Morning!!

Kory

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
  • SoonerT Said:

I assume she meant she would use HL's weekly 40% coupon.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to aquabunny

My M's will use 2 coupons if 1 is theirs and the other is a J's. My J's lets me use all the coupons I want inone transaction as long as they have different numbers on them. And they'll do multiple transactions no problem if I have coupons with the same number. I love J's!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
  • SoonerT Said:

I believe she was using M's coupons as I was however, yesterday afternoon, I used my HL coupon at HL, sorry about not clarifying that.

laura.ohio
Resident
laura.ohio

what do you do with all that paper stuff? Id love to see some ideas, I have a couple packs .. but lost at where to go from there! I also have his hammer .. kinda not knowing what to do with it. I knew it was cute LOL!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to laura.ohio

I would like to say I had a Kory day yesterday but I didn't. I paid top dollar for everything I got because.... well, I wanted it.

Our reservation at our beach cabin expired and we had to move to Hickam Air Force base to a 2-bedroom (my son is with us) on the other side of the island. It took 2 big loads to move us.

We have a lot of stuff here becuase we keep clothes, kitchen things, our grill, even a huge throw rug for when we get the cabins with tiled floors on our storage bus - we own a full sized city bus - "The Bus" which stays parked on Hickam for our storage. I think there are even 2 or 3 bicycles on the bus and around 80,000 license plates. Maybe about 50,000 now.

Anyway, We had to be out of our cabin at 11:00 and couldn't check into the new room until after 3:00 so Bill had to make 2 runs to the bus to store all our stuff.

I had the option of riding back and forth and loading and unloading or being dropped off at the scrapbook store for 3 hours.

Oh my, I did have fun. Nothing on sale so it wasn't a Kory kind of day, but still, lots and lots of papers! Couldn't believe what I spent, especially since I spent as much at the scrapbook store on base earlier and have placed 4 online orders (big ones) in the past month!

Getting me out of town does not curb the scrapbook spending!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Henri Jean

I had a Kory day, I went to HL and I got the Carina Gardner Love nest paper stack from MME for 50% off and I got the MS scoring board for $10 by using my 40% off coupon. However, last Friday, I didn't do so hot, HJ, it was as you are saying, nothing I wanted was on sale except a Tim Holtz paper stack, I spent way too much money.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to SoonerT

Thanks for the Tuesday Morning tip - picked up some of the grungeboard and 3 config boxes...not sure what I will do with them but the price was to good to pass up.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SoonerT

WooHOOOO!

It is the WEEKEND! And after the week I had, I am enjoying it! I got to sleep in late- well, if you count 8:30am as late. I got to sit around and relax a bit, enjoying that I have nothing I HAFTA do until 6:45, when I have o o back o the theatre to run the show. Last night went too well, so I'm expecting something catastrophic tonight. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Not expecting anything on the level as the set falling down, maybe just the return of the data cable issue that caused the programmable lights to have a mind of their own.

Anyways- I was finally able to make it out to Tuesday Morning. Thought they opened a nine. They don't. So I had to sit for five minutes til they opened. The OPEN sign finally turned on- so I try to go in. Door locked. After about a minute, a woman came up and unlocked it, being all rude, "well it is about TWO minutes to ten, but I guess you can come on in."

I said, "oh, I'm sorry, I saw the open sign light up, so I thought it was okay to come in-". And you know I said it nicely. I guess she didnt think so, cuz she said, "NO!". Wow, I'm sorry, lady.

So I go to the scrap aisle- and none of the Tim Holtz products were there- so disappointed. Spotted one of the 'Retro Grunge' paper packs, so I bought it- I do have one already, but really like a few of the papers. I tried asking Miss Personality if they even got any in- but she still wasn't in the mood to be helpful. I thought about asking her why she was such a cranky old bag, but decided against it- she must've seen her refection when she walked down the mirror aisle or somethin.

So I headed over to another Tuesday Morning. And found the Texture Hammer! And a cool American Crafts stamp set- a cool woodgrain background stamp, a camping theme. Very cool stamp set! And I bought a few more packs of Grungeboard letters. They also had some nice packs of American Crafts papers- but it was in bulk- still only 1.99 per pack, but I don't need 24 pages if the same paper. I thought about buying lots of itand separating it out - like, a few pages of each design and giving it away as prizes on my blog, you know, like the cool 'real' blogs do, lol.

Thoughtabout driving out to Yukon (about 20 minutes outside of OKC) to check out their Tuesday Morning, but decided to do that tomorrow.

So, a Kory day for Kory!

I also need a cool looking bag/cover/something for my new MacBook. It is so purty that I'm afraid to use it! But the great looking notebook computer cases they had were either too small or too big... I also need a new iPad cover- I broke my old one. I did crochet one, using camouflage yarn (yeah! I can crochet! I learned at an old job, I'm always interested in doing aything creative, and I'm a fast learner, and was enlisted in helping to crochet squares for baby blankets for some chairty.).

Whoa, I'm rambling.

Kory

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

• designguyKORY Said:
WooHOOOO!

It is the WEEKEND! And after the week I had, I am enjoying it! I got to sleep in late- well, if you count 8:30am as late. I got to sit around and relax a bit, enjoying that I have nothing I HAFTA do until 6:45, when I have o o back o the theatre to run the show. Last night went too well, so I'm expecting something catastrophic tonight. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Not expecting anything on the level as the set falling down, maybe just the return of the data cable issue that caused the programmable lights to have a mind of their own.

Anyways- I was finally able to make it out to Tuesday Morning. Thought they opened a nine. They don't. So I had to sit for five minutes til they opened. The OPEN sign finally turned on- so I try to go in. Door locked. After about a minute, a woman came up and unlocked it, being all rude, "well it is about TWO minutes to ten, but I guess you can come on in."

I said, "oh, I'm sorry, I saw the open sign light up, so I thought it was okay to come in-". And you know I said it nicely. I guess she didnt think so, cuz she said, "NO!". Wow, I'm sorry, lady.

So I go to the scrap aisle- and none of the Tim Holtz products were there- so disappointed. Spotted one of the 'Retro Grunge' paper packs, so I bought it- I do have one already, but really like a few of the papers. I tried asking Miss Personality if they even got any in- but she still wasn't in the mood to be helpful. I thought about asking her why she was such a cranky old bag, but decided against it- she must've seen her refection when she walked down the mirror aisle or somethin.

So I headed over to another Tuesday Morning. And found the Texture Hammer! And a cool American Crafts stamp set- a cool woodgrain background stamp, a camping theme. Very cool stamp set! And I bought a few more packs of Grungeboard letters. They also had some nice packs of American Crafts papers- but it was in bulk- still only 1.99 per pack, but I don't need 24 pages if the same paper. I thought about buying lots of itand separating it out - like, a few pages of each design and giving it away as prizes on my blog, you know, like the cool 'real' blogs do, lol.

Thoughtabout driving out to Yukon (about 20 minutes outside of OKC) to check out their Tuesday Morning, but decided to do that tomorrow.

So, a Kory day for Kory!

I also need a cool looking bag/cover/something for my new MacBook. It is so purty that I'm afraid to use it! But the great looking notebook computer cases they had were either too small or too big... I also need a new iPad cover- I broke my old one. I did crochet one, using camouflage yarn (yeah! I can crochet! I learned at an old job, I'm always interested in doing aything creative, and I'm a fast learner, and was enlisted in helping to crochet squares for baby blankets for some chairty.).

Whoa, I'm rambling.

Kory

Lol, seems you had quite a day! Wish we had more than one Tuesday morning... And I have to drive 100 miles to get to it too!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Rushli

When I get home I am going to check out Tuesday Morning. I am quite sure we have one in Ocala.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• designguyKORY Said:
WooHOOOO!

So, a Kory day for Kory!

Whoa, I'm rambling.

Kory

YAY!!! A Kory Day for Kory! I am hoping that I have a Kory Day tomorrow, well I hope the weather is better tomorrow so I can go out!

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to Scrap Princess72010

I'm tired of Mister days, I want a Kory day. We'll have to hit up Tuesday Morning next week. We kind of have three of them on our way home from work. Not bragging, just saying.

laura.ohio
Resident
laura.ohio
In response to Mr Mister

what is a teusday morning a "LSS" for y'all?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Tuesday Morning is a discount store, a lot like Big Lots. They mostly sell housewares, kitchen stuff, linens, furniture, and some clothes, but they also typically have a small section of crafting stuff. Some of it is discontinued product (or retired SKUs due to a change in packaging), some of it is overstock stuff.

laura.ohio
Resident
laura.ohio
In response to aquabunny

say WHAT ... ive never seen anything good really at our BL

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Big Lots can nreally really be hit or miss- and mostly miss. I have seen some Cricut cartridges, but yet to find one I WANT- but I did find some nice Fiskars punches that I like and use lots, also, some American Crafts stuff, and Martha. I got my GIANT Martha Stewart self-healing cutting mat at BL for four dollars. It is the size of my tabletop- so I leave it out all the time.

I've had lots of luck at Tuesday Morning, tho- everything from really great 'name' papers and stamps- to the Tim Holtz grungeboard that I obsess over. But, not all Tuesday Mornings will get all of the stuff- so it turns into an all day TM shopping road trip....

Kory

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics