Page 4 of 8 
Username Post: CLOSE PLEASE        (Topic#1570601)
cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to throwscraps

Irma, thanks for letting us know. I haven't seen her around and was wondering how she was doing.

Bon, saying a prayer that you're feeling better. I miss you when your not around here.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to cutencrafty

Happy Friday and have a great weekend.

Bon I'm thinking about you and hope you are feeling better soon.... hugs!

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna
In response to auntieant

• auntieant Said:
Well ladies I got a mat board from the framing department and asked them to cut down the chipboard to the size I wanted. And I got to use the 40% coupon on it.

Good idea! Thanks for sharing.

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna

• throwscraps Said:
jci hey giels Bon hasn't been on in a few days as she was hospitalized for an illness, so everyone please send prayers to Bon my sweet sister in christ for a full recovery real soon. She is a bit better tonight shes back home nowe. she'll ck. in later. but just to let you know she's still playing here.

So sorry to hear...and, yes, I will definately add Bon to my prayer list. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to KatieAnna

I hope your feeling better soon, Bon. We miss you! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Tracy F

Bon - hugs and thoughts to you! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-09-12 11:46 AM

• throwscraps Said:
jci hey giels Bon hasn't been on in a few days as she was hospitalized for an illness, so everyone please send prayers to Bon my sweet sister in christ for a full recovery real soon. She is a bit better tonight shes back home nowe. she'll ck. in later. but just to let you know she's still playing here.

Thank you so very much my sweet Sister for sharing and for asking for prayers. I am better today...and wanting to create!! I am home...and that is what is most important to me.

I thank all of you, my sweet sisters for the beautiful words you shared and for your prayers...it means the world to me!!! Keep praying whenever I cross your mind...pray!

Love and hugs to each of you.

Bon

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

HAPPY DANCE...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-09-12 12:25 PM
In response to Euroalien

YVONNE I THINK I WILL JOIN YOU...PUTTING ON MY BOOTS...

HAPPY DANCIN' HAPPY DANCIN'

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-09-12 12:40 PM

Bon, glad you are home.
Just checking in. I finally have all my supplies assembled.

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:
Thank you so very much my sweet Sister for sharing and for asking for prayers. I am better today...and wanting to create!! I am home...and that is what is most important to me.

I thank all of you, my sweet sisters for the beautiful words you shared and for your prayers...it means the world to me!!! Keep praying whenever I cross your mind...pray!

Bon

I am so glad that you are home, Bon. You will remain uplifted in prayer as you continue to heal.

My covers and wires came in so I must get busy. I'll be checking in as time permits.

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36
In response to KatieAnna

Just checking in with all of my creative sisters! Have a great weekend!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to Mishay36

JCI.

I did my first (kind of) smash journal. I made a smash journal/mini album/baby book for a friend who is having a baby boy next week. It's not embellished alot because I want her to be able to customize it (she's a scrapper too). The book has about 23 pages total plus the two covers, plus two fold out pages (with more photo storage), about 5 journal tags throughout, plus an envelope pocket with 7 journaling cards so she can document what their "normal week" is like. Plus two envelopes also bound in the book. In the envelopes I put embellishments, atc cards, and journaling cards for her to use as she wishes.
There are VERY poor quality pics in my gallery. I used my phone again.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:
  • throwscraps Said:

Bon

Hello my beautiful and wonderful sister. I am so happy to know that you are at home. I will continue to pray for your health and strength. We all love you here and we wish you a speedy recovery and please take it easy. Don't over do it. I know you want to create but your creativity will be there so just take it one day at a time. Love you!!!

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to jessicaLB

• jessicaLB Said:
JCI.

I did my first (kind of) smash journal. I made a smash journal/mini album/baby book for a friend who is having a baby boy next week. It's not embellished alot because I want her to be able to customize it (she's a scrapper too). The book has about 23 pages total plus the two covers, plus two fold out pages (with more photo storage), about 5 journal tags throughout, plus an envelope pocket with 7 journaling cards so she can document what their "normal week" is like. Plus two envelopes also bound in the book. In the envelopes I put embellishments, atc cards, and journaling cards for her to use as she wishes.
There are VERY poor quality pics in my gallery. I used my phone again.

I am glad to know that you did your first smash book. I was wondering how many pages would be too many or too little. So I am glad to know that you had over 20 pages. So if I over 20 I am still ok.. LOL

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to auntieant

Good Morning Ladies!

Bon, I'm glad your home and feeling better, but like others have said, don't overdue!

Well, I had hoped to get started on my journal this weekend but plans have changed. Yesterday I inherited a piece of furniture for my scraproom. I'm so excited, I finally have room for my Imagine! It's been boxed up for almost a year...now I'll have to learn how to use it all over again. Anyway, my weekend will be spent rearranging my scraproom. I'm hoping I might find some stuff I can use in my journal that I forgot I had! lol

Hope everyone has scrappy weekend!

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to Tracy F

Bon,gald to hear you are better,JCI,My internet is down at a starbucks!!!!!!!! Joy

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to joydee1963

Sending prayers to you, Bon! Glad you're home!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-10-12 07:12 PM
In response to pinkalicious

Have fun springing forward everyone!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to vawm

Hello!

My start on this is being slightly delayed but for good reason. We're doing some room shuffling this weekend my scrappy space will be moving from a cramped corner in the laundry room to a whole bedroom!!!! I am so excited!

DS's room is pretty much set up; going through a lot of stuff today and marking for rummage sale, donation or junk; then a little furniture rearrangement and I can move my supplies.

I can't wait to have more space to be creative.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-11-12 12:32 PM
In response to pugs223

Hi Ladies...

Thank you all for the warm thoughts and prayers. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such beautiful women. I am on the mend and back to creating...and Stefanie...I promise not to overdo it!!!

Love you all.

sunshinexo
Expert
sunshinexo

JCI

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to pugs223

WOW! So much happened here this weekend while I was away.

First things first. Bon, so glad you are home. I will continue to pray for you. And throws, thank you so much for letting us know when our friend was hospitalized.

Tracy and pugs, you lucky ducks! Getting more scrap space and reorganizing is so much fun!

Vawm, I had to chuckle at your "spring forward" comment. It was such a cruel joke on our scrappy getaway to lose an hour. But, happily, the hotel extended our time by one hour. Yeah!

Joy, hope our internet gets fixed soon. Using Starbuck's to get online could get costly (depending on how many mocha choco lattes you have while there!). LOL

And finally, JESSICA! Love, love your baby boy smash journal. Great job!

Thanks to all who checked in. I don't think I'll go away again until this swap is over. I missed too much - hahaha.

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna
In response to i heart scrapping

Just checking in...

I have most of my papers cut and other items that I've made to include in the smash book. Still deciding exactly how I want to decorate the cover and arrange everything...but oh, what fun it's been!!

'Til next time...

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to KatieAnna

Did not have time to do anything more to this one but I did finish up two other once that are due this month - puh!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend, I know Bonnie did on her scrap event...

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to Euroalien

Good Morning!

I got my scraproom all rearranged and it looks so much better. I found some more stuff I can use in my journal and I am ready to start on it today!

Edited by Tracy F on 03-12-12 07:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Tracy F

Hello Ladies.

I am so excited that I started working in my scrapbook room getting it organized. I have picked out so much stuff for the swaps that I have signed up for.

I will start on the swaps that are due this week and then send those off and start on my other swaps. All this in between doing homework and remodeling my son's bedroom.. LOL.. Pray and wish me luck ladies.. LOL

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-12-12 09:11 AM
In response to auntieant

Boy this time change business is for the birds. I feel just a little bit off. Well, one hour off to be exact!
I got all of the tags done for our school auction baskets, so now I can move on to other things! Yahoo! I am really excited to finish up a canvas and an altered container that I am doing for Vintage Street Market. I am also excited to get going on this!

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to vawm

Got my Internet back!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get my Joann's order with my "The Cinch",Tomorow!Got my Cricut Circle Cart today called" Letter Envy".Will be getting started on my Smash book soon!

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious

Hello all you creative and amazing friends!
Can someone please tell me how many pages this journal is suppose to have? Does this include envies and pocket pages as well? I was thinking it was about 20 pages, am I right?

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Checking in.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• pinkalicious Said:
Hello all you creative and amazing friends!
Can someone please tell me how many pages this journal is suppose to have? Does this include envies and pocket pages as well? I was thinking it was about 20 pages, am I right?

I believe the general consensus is 20 pages (40 counting front and back).

Good question about the envies and other inserts being counted as pages. I am leaning towards counting pocket pages as pages but not envelopes and other inserts.

I think....I'll know more when I actually get to playing.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to pugs223

Hi everybody

Pink, in my mind I would not see envelopes, file folders, and other inserts as a stand alone page - unless they are attached to a page like a pocket page would be. And 20 pages totalling 40 front and back is the consensus.

Ok, I have to share a story with you from my scrap weekend, especially since so many of us are re-organizing.

One of the girls sitting at our table had this clear plastic photo storage case that has individual clear plastic cases to store photos in-similar to the Cropper Hopper Photo Case in the sb.com store - only bigger. She uses it to store her scraps. She cuts them into mat-sized pieces and organizes them in the cases by color.

I am one who CANNOT throw scraps away, even the tiniest pieces because I just KNOW I'll need that some day. But, I have all my scraps in a drawer so I don't know what in the world I have. Therefore, I hardly ever use them.

This system was so brilliant to me that I went out today to Michael's, found the case for $39.99, used my 40% off coupon and got it for a little over $25. Now I'm going to gather all my scraps and start chopping. It's made by Iris and holds 2 rows of 8 cases each.

Oh, for the larger pieces, like half a 12x12, she just put those in one of those flexible plastic storage envelopes.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant

I was thinking about 20 pages also. I am so excited about doing this swap. I have found envelopes and thought of ideas in my SLEEP.. LOL

I have started to write stuff down so that I can keep the ideas fresh and not forget anything. I want to make this the best journal I have ever made..

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to auntieant

Bonnie - that sounds like a great organization system. I save all of my scraps too but can't bring myself to cut them except for a purpose. I use them for mats, cricut cuts, a big background on a busy pp, etc.

Two years ago, I bought a bunch of 12x12 page keepers to separate all of my solid cs. Then in each one, I have a 2 gallon ziploc bag for pieces that are 12 in and a 1 gallon ziploc inside the big one for all smaller than 12 in pieces. I'm ready to add a quart bag for the tiny pieces.

I definitely utilize my scraps more now.

Have fun organizing. It's a great feeling when it's done.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-12-12 07:10 PM
In response to pugs223

Someone want to come and organize me?
My room is a mess! I just have too much going on all the time. I am trying to get better though. I can find everything which I suppose is good enough!

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to vawm

Ok, thanks for the input, everyone. That is what I was thinking.

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps

hi girls

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

hello in the nice warm spring weather...

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to Euroalien

jci

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Tracy F

Have a great Humpday!

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna

• i heart scrapping Said:
One of the girls sitting at our table had this clear plastic photo storage case that has individual clear plastic cases to store photos in-similar to the Cropper Hopper Photo Case in the sb.com store - only bigger. She uses it to store her scraps. She cuts them into mat-sized pieces and organizes them in the cases by color.

I am one who CANNOT throw scraps away, even the tiniest pieces because I just KNOW I'll need that some day. But, I have all my scraps in a drawer so I don't know what in the world I have. Therefore, I hardly ever use them.

This system was so brilliant to me that I went out today to Michael's, found the case for $39.99, used my 40% off coupon and got it for a little over $25. Now I'm going to gather all my scraps and start chopping. It's made by Iris and holds 2 rows of 8 cases each.

Oh, for the larger pieces, like half a 12x12, she just put those in one of those flexible plastic storage envelopes.

What a coincidence! I was watching a YouTube video last night about a girl who stores her scraps in those photo cases and she stores the photo cases in a deep Iris box. I usually keep scraps that are, at least, 2" x 2" (or something like that)...any smaller, and they are just too hard to keep track. The smaller pieces I use for punches...the larger pieces I usually use for photo matts, envys, etc. I wonder if the girl in the YouTube was the same one sitting at your table?

Anyway, jci...

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-14-12 09:09 AM
In response to KatieAnna

I just finished my first four vintage style pages. It is coming out so neat! (OKay, well in my opinion). Hope my pal, ....... will like it!

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to vawm

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and blessed day.

Working on a swap that is due in the next couple of days then I will start on this swap.. I am still so excited. I hope that my pal lives what I create for her..

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to auntieant

jci - hope everyone is having a great day.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-15-12 07:18 AM
In response to pugs223

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to vawm

Morning!
Should be a good scrapping day for me. The plumber is coming by to put in a disposal and fix some other things. So that should keep dh busy and leave me to scrap!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Tracy F

jci

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart
In response to Euroalien

Hi Ladies - I can't wait to get started. I believe my book will require a shopping trip or two. I have the binder but the theme is something I don't carry in my normal stash. Who could my secret pal be?

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36
In response to 1Heart

Hi Everyone
Just checking in...busying creating and trying not to let work and school get the best of me. :-)

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Tracy F

• Tracy F Said:
Morning!
Should be a good scrapping day for me. The plumber is coming by to put in a disposal and fix some other things. So that should keep dh busy and leave me to scrap!

You are so funny.. Don't we just love when our dh's have a project of their own to accomplish so that they can leave us alone? LOL

Hope you got to do a lot of creative stuff..

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to auntieant

I got the back and front cover cut from chipboard.So that's a start!!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Mishay36

• Mishay36 Said:
Hi Everyone
Just checking in...busying creating and trying not to let work and school get the best of me. :-)

glad to see that you are well again and up and going...

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to auntieant

• auntieant Said:
  • Tracy F Said:
Morning!

You are so funny.. Don't we just love when our dh's have a project of their own to accomplish so that they can leave us alone? LOL

Hope you got to do a lot of creative stuff..

Me too when hubby goes fishing or hunting he feels bad and I'm just "no no have a great day I manage" ;0)

TGIF!

Edited by Euroalien on 03-16-12 06:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna
In response to Euroalien

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to KatieAnna

JCI - hoping to get my scrappy space into its new room this weekend and get started at my journal. I am still collecting things to use and have a great idea for the cover!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to pugs223

I stopped at Michaels yesterday and picked up some things for my journal. They have added some new items to their scrapbooking dept. I really had to control myself!

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to Tracy F

Got my chipboard covered today,I got a million Ideas!!!!!!!!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

Oh it makes me so happy to see everyone's creative juices flowing!

And Tracy, I know exactly what you mean. I stopped at Michaels yesterday too, for 3 things, and wound up with a bag full.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart

jci

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps
In response to Scrap Smart

jci, creating

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

happy Sunday

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Euroalien

Happy Sunday everyone.

I will be starting this swap this week. I so can't wait. I have looked through my stash and I have found a lot of stuff to start off with. Just need to add to it and I am hoping it will be an awesome journal that my pal will like..

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to auntieant

I'm still wrapping up a few swaps I'm in, but I've been thinking a lot about this one and collecting too. Can't wait to start either.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-18-12 10:15 PM

Same here...I still have a couple swaps to finish up...then I will be Smash/Junk Journaling!!!!!!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

Monday again.....

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Just finished up my other swaps now I'm going to get started on this one.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

I have a couple of other projects to finish up and then some company coming this weekend and then I can fully devote my time to my journal. I can't wait, I've got all sorts of ideas!

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna
In response to Tracy F

jci...

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Euroalien

• Euroalien Said:
Monday again.....

Ditto

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to pugs223

In those utubes about Smash books,The journaling pages with lines is that reg. note paper?

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious

JCI Ladies,
I'm done, then start all over again! Just want it to be PEFECT!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

hello ladies enjoy your day....

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• pinkalicious Said:
JCI Ladies,
I'm done, then start all over again! Just want it to be PEFECT!

I was thinking about making one or two before diving into my secret sister's journal just to get warmed up.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to pugs223

Yep, I've made a few before for myself. I am trying to incorporate things about my pal. What she likes, her favorite color, etc.. I put pages in, I take them out, I rearrange, like I said, I want it to be PERFECT. I want her to just take it and look through it over a cup of coffee and at the end say, "Perfect!" Maybe I'm trying to hard.So I've set it to the side and worked on other projects to get back my mojo for this project. I still have plenty of time.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

Got a few pages finish,

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Got my papers yesturday and a few embellishments.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

Good Morning!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Tracy F

I came across this blog it had some good stuff about Smash Journals and there's a link on there that had pictures of people's Smash Journal

http://counterfeitkitchal lenge.blogspot.com/2011/05/sum...

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-22-12 12:44 PM

Michelle,
That is a great blog. There are so many links to great tutorials! TFS.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to vawm

Omigosh Michelle. I've been checking out that blog for the past two hours. Amazing stuff. Thanks!
Girls, check it out!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

stopping by

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Euroalien

Your welcome ladies. I put that blog in my favorites.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

That is a great blog. TFS! I didn't have a chance to look through it a lot yet but will today.

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna
In response to pugs223

jci...

That's a great blog. Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to KatieAnna

Off to check out that blog!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Tracy F

have a great weekend!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-23-12 09:08 AM
In response to Tracy F

Waving hello!

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to vawm

Jci ladies, hope everyone is well!

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36

Hello everyone just checking in....Long exhausting week! Ugg!~

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36

• cutencrafty Said:
I came across this blog it had some good stuff about Smash Journals and there's a link on there that had pictures of people's Smash Journal

LOVE IT! Thanks for posting!

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps

• cutencrafty Said:

thats a neat site Michelle

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-24-12 08:09 PM

JCI

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to vawm

Checking In.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to Mother Goose

JCI

auntieant
Expert
auntieant

Good afternoon Ladies..

I looked at the blog and OMG... It gave me so many ideas. I haven't had a chance to look at the tutorials just yet but that is next for me!!!

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful and blessed Sunday!!!

JCI...

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to auntieant

That is a great blog with lots of neat ideas!

Just want to let you know I'll be mia for about a week. We have company coming and then we are all going away for a few days. Hope everyone has a great week.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Tracy F

Checking In

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

Enjoy yourself, Tracy.

Hi everybody.

Thanks for all the check ins.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

Morning and I hope you all have a great day!

Page 4 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics