Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: March Ugly Paper Challenge: Closed. Scrapping Hard        (Topic#1570969)
DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to GMFTS

Here is April's sign up

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

Now I need to get my butt in gear and finish this months so I can participate next month. lol.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to DaNel Hicks

JCI - great job so far ladies- lots of creativity coming out - love it

jnzmom
jnzmom 
Diva
jnzmom
In response to charcats7

acu

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to jnzmom

This is what I came up with. The big yellow "smile" was altered with fine red glitter and the blue paper was cut into strips and inked for word strips and a frame for the photo.

March Ugly Paper LO By Mother Goose" title=" March Ugly Paper LO By Mother Goose"Link

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-26-12 09:14 AM
In response to Mother Goose

ltlemermaid
Idol
ltlemermaid
In response to GMFTS

ACU and hoping to get my LO scrapped tonight-looking forward to printing pictures from this past weekend on my new photo printer

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

ACU

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to NMscrapper

JCI
ACU2H

The talent is amazing and the LO's are just great!!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to sasload4

I had a great time at my parents. My nephew finally after two years warmed up to me. We even played outside together however as soon as he saw papa he could care less about me. Oh well glad they love each other so much.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to AuntyT

MMS

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to charcats7

Tayrah, is your nephew two years old? I have a nephew that I never talked to until he was 10. We were all swimming at my sister's house and he and I were wrestling in the pool and then he was riding piggy back with me. So, I know the wonderful feeling, as short as it may have been! My nephew's 13 now and my brother hasn't seen him in the past two years. Sadness.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Lookin4newideas

Kay - LOVE how you altered that big SMILE embellie! You totally rocked those uglies!

WOOHOO SANDRA!!! WTG on that stamp!

STILL no uglies for me!!!!
DaNel, am I okay to participate next month? I don't know if I'll have these uglies to work with next month as they haven't arrived yet.. I signed up last night, but I leave it up to you!

In the meantime, I'll just admire all these pretty pages!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to SonjaC

It's not your fault you didn't get your uglies yet, Sonja. You should be allowed to play. And if they came this week, I would think you'd get to use them for next month, that's how it usually goes. I think it's when you get your uglies and you don't make a lo, you have to sit out the next month.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

Sally...yep my nephew is two, and such a cutie. My niece also was whining and running to her daddy since I'm apparently a scary aunt. My other nephew still thinks I'm cool, he's five.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to AuntyT

awww, that's sad. I have lots of nieces and nephews.. luckily while they were young I was close to all but two of them. My niece in PA is a little brat plain and simple. Her brother on the other hand is sweety. And then my other nephew I mentioned, I don't see. His mom doesn't allow him to have anything to do with our side of the family. I have 6 nephews and 3 nieces. The oldest is 26 and the youngest is 7.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

jci

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to YourScrapAttack

Sally...that's sad that she won't let your family see him. My eldest nephew needs more discipline but that won't be happening! Love him to bits!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to AuntyT

mms

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Kay - LOVE how you altered that big SMILE embellie! You totally rocked those uglies!

DaNel, am I okay to participate next month? I don't know if I'll have these uglies to work with next month as they haven't arrived yet.. I signed up last night, but I leave it up to you!

Thanks so very much for wonderful kudos on 'IT', the famous STAMP!!! lol

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-28-12 11:04 AM
In response to sasload4

March is about to blow out or creep out...either way it is almost April!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to GMFTS

You're welcome Sandra!

Sally, that's so frustrating when a family member does that!! Maybe there's one in every few families or so?? My BIL and his wife don't let us see our only niece and nephew - my MIL's only grandchildren currently!! (Until our son is born.) It breaks my heart! AND the worst part is, when they do see her, they can't even talk to her because their parents never bothered to teach them Spanish (though they are both bilingual)!! He calls and insults his mother for no reason at all. He's crazy! All the things his mother, sister and my DH (his brother) did for him while he was sick with Leukemia and he treats them like [email protected]! He doesn't even call my dh or ask how he's doing (with his disease, which unlike the leukemia is incurable!), nevermind about becoming a father...
I'd love nothing more than to call the BIL and give him a piece of my mind, BUT I have restrained myself thus far because it's not really my place. Soooo frustrating!!!
Glad you have other nieces and nephews to see though! And I'm so glad we're able to give my MIL another grandchild!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to SonjaC

families can be so complicated

jazzarina
Veteran
jazzarina
In response to charcats7

i agree...my brother is banned from our family by his wife...he sneaks and calls us every now and again or stops by my parents but he catches days of grief over it if she finds out..all we can do is be there for him when he needs us. ...

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:

Yes you can participate next month. We can't help the postal service do their job. I don't know why but for at least 6 months there has been at least 1 package go missing in the mail each month.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to GMFTS

I think the front is up to date. Please double check it and let me know if I missed a papers or layout photo.

It has been super busy around here the past 2 weeks.

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog

Sorry, I've been MIA -- was trying so hard to work on layouts while I had my grandson all week (only finished two) then my root canals shattered and I had two teeth pulled - bottom left & right - so with all the pills I've been tired, sore and feeling a little ditzy. Feel better today, so will try to get caught up on layouts and gallery.

I still haven't figured out what to do with the ugly green girl paper....I forsee lots of scissor work though.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to SnowDog

• SnowDog Said:
Sorry, I've been MIA -- was trying so hard to work on layouts while I had my grandson all week (only finished two) then my root canals shattered and I had two teeth pulled - bottom left & right - so with all the pills I've been tired, sore and feeling a little ditzy. Feel better today, so will try to get caught up on layouts and gallery.

I still haven't figured out what to do with the ugly green girl paper....I forsee lots of scissor work though.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-29-12 10:25 AM
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
  • SnowDog Said:

yes I can see you could use a big hug. Seems like you have been having a really rotten run of luck lately.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jazzarina

• jazzarina Said:
i agree...my brother is banned from our family by his wife...he sneaks and calls us every now and again or stops by my parents but he catches days of grief over it if she finds out..all we can do is be there for him when he needs us. ...

I can't understand why people are like that. My daughter never met her father, but not by my doing. He chose not to have anything to do with her. I had made up a fairy tale I would tell her about how he and I met, but the distance was too great and neither one could afford to move, but never told her it was about her mom and dad, but she figured it out when she was about 5 or 6 and started asking questions. He lived in WA and I lived in OH. I had even wrote to his mother asking her if she wanted me to send her pictures, I would. Never heard back from her. But happy ending, A year and a half ago, I helped my daughter find her half sister online and they keep in touch and two months ago, she finally made contact with their other half brother. (Her father passed away 4 years ago)

Carol - You have had string of bad luck.. two molars teeth gone bad and on the opposite sides? What are the chances of that?

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 03-29-12 01:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Wow Carol, rotten luck! Yep, a is in order!

Thanks DaNel!! Still nothing here so I assume they are lost in space somewhere - that or the mailman deemed them too ugly to deliver!!

Wow, Sally! How sad your dd's father didn't want to be around, but at least she's made contact with her half-siblings and will have those relationships to nurture instead!

I agree, families are soo complicated!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-29-12 07:27 PM
In response to SonjaC

aww Sally and Jazz those kind of family relationships or non-relationships just make me sad...my family isn't at the top of the heap of wonderful but those are just such sad stories.

Sonja I bet Debby intercepted them and claim they are the ones she gets for April...

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to GMFTS

I can't believe I got it DONE! This month has been just awful....my 14 yo daughter has been a real handful....and I've been exhausted. Anyway...here it is...I love it.

Wrapped in Love - March Uglies By Jalynne

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Jalynne

AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL page Jalynne. Your partner was wayyyyyyyy too nice sending you that paper

DaNel- Next Saturday (7April) is SCRAP DAY at my house & I will be working on April's uglies w/the paper I got in December. In getting my DH out the door for his school, I just don't have time to do it before then.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to charcats7

Mary, I think you might be right! I'm going to be watching her...

Jalynne, great page! LOVE those flowers you created!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-30-12 09:11 AM
In response to SonjaC

Good for you Jalynne getting that done...14 y/os are sooooooooooo fun.

Lucky me my 14 y/o is 41 today.

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to GMFTS

Yep Sonja...I asked for a partial refund since the root canals weren't covered by insurance & they said no - and they don't do tooth extractions...

Anyways - working on my uglies right now -- have no ideas for these papers to work together.....then I'll play catch up in the gallery.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to SnowDog

Char will you please post a photo of the uglies in the April board?

I've just finished my layout. Now to get a photo of it and posted by tomorrow night

I will update the front either tonight or tomorrow.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to GMFTS

I'll post my layout tomorrow. Things have been crazy today.

Everyone has until tomorrow night to post your finished layouts before voting starts.

If you plan on playing again next month be sure to finish and sign up next month.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to GMFTS

I'm off to the 100th Birthday Party for Girl Scouts then 2 hours of riding lessons this afternoon.

It will be at least 7 pm before I get inside. I will update the front at that time with all the last entries.

I will take a photo of my layout between the birthday party and the riding lessons so I can upload it tonight.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

wow DaNel - you have a busy busy day today

ltlemermaid
Idol
ltlemermaid
In response to charcats7

Finished my LO:
Had a lot of fun with the pictures and my uglies

Let's Celebrate By Ltlemermaid

ScrappinAmyJ
Diva
ScrappinAmyJ
In response to ltlemermaid

hi ladies...what a crazy crazy month, I am working on my papers, and will get them posted later today!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to ScrappinAmyJ

Finally got mine done yesterday - and to hurry today before my grandson comes over to see what all else I can finish (teeth well no teeth still killing me on the left, but the right side is fine - thank goodness)
March Uglies done By SnowDog

I just noticed that my uglies weren't showing on the first page so I'm re-posting here..
March Uglies By SnowDog

Edited by SnowDog on 03-31-12 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to SnowDog

Have addresses been sent of our victim yet?

jnzmom
jnzmom 
Diva
jnzmom
In response to sasload4

This months uglys were a real challange for me.
Little queens By Jnzmom
I ran out of the ginger bread paper nothing I tried worked until this idea came to me. I used the sail boat gems on the crown.

Edited by jnzmom on 03-31-12 01:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to jnzmom

March Ugly Layout By DaNel Hicks

Here is mine. I'll update the front shortly

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Sandra, I finally was able to see your lo in your gallery!! For some reason, when I checked before it never showed up. You did a fantastic job using that stamp! That papers I had faith in as I liked them.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• DaNel Hicks Said:
Front is up to date

Hey DaNel, when you update the front later I think this quote is on page 14, you missed a few before that... Starting with I think RenayLucy's lo, there's SnowDog's uglies and then Denielle's lo, too.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Thanks for mentioning that. When I do the last update I start with the first person on the list and make sure I have both uglies and complete. I make sure that I have everyone that way.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to GMFTS

The front is up to date. Everyone has both papers and layouts except

ScrappinAmyJ

and

SonjaC who never got her papers.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I went looking for one or two I missed and that's when I found that page that wasn't on the front page.

That's too bad Sonja.

Get scrappin' ScrappinAmy! You don't want to miss out next month! All the smack talk, I think the uglies are gonna be crawling from under every rock on earth!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Ok everyone.

Please vote for the top 5 best layouts (by number or person's name)

You get 1 vote for your layout for voting for others so don't vote for yourself.

Please send the top 3 votes for the ugliest papers (before) they were worked on.

Please also tell me if you used your embellie on your layout. That gets you 2 extra points on your layout total.

Voting will be open till Tuesday. At that point depending on how close the votes are we will then go to a poll.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

I had a big project for church and every spare moment in March was spent on that, will do this page, may even use one of the create a critters from the church project. Cuz you KNOW after the event I peeled them all off!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to mjmone

Bummed I missed out on this, but looking forward to voting and (hopefully) playing next month! Awesome uglies this time 'round, Ladies!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to SonjaC

Geez I must have been real ditzy all those pain meds - I was looking at the layouts and didn't see any of my comments -- I must have been thinking but not typing! So caught up for real this time in the gallery - and hoping to eat some food today as it's been a week and I'm really starting to hate pudding!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to SnowDog

Voted... off to next month's thread

jnzmom
jnzmom 
Diva
jnzmom

Voted

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to GMFTS

Here are the polls for March. Sorry for the delay.

They are up till the 7th close to midnight.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to GMFTS

ltlemermaid won the Ugliest Paper Sent award

March ugly paper challenge By Jnzmom

NMscrapper & Jazzarina tied for 1st place for the best layout. So everyone please PM me their vote for which layout is best so we can determine a winner. I will go to the post office on Tuesday so get votes to me by Monday evening.

Ready to Party By Jazzarina

The Great Halloween Bunny Invasion By NMscrapper

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics