Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: March Budget Challenge        (Topic#1571203)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the March Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of March that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, wishlist or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

PARTICIPANTS

Sonja
Budget: $80-11.80=$68.20-11.95=$56.25-22.5=$33.75-20=$13.75-4=$9.75-2=$7.75+10 g/c=$17.75-14.24=$3.51
Wishlist: Fiskars Scallop Punch, Prima Distresser, Storage items, Faber-Castell Gelatos or Watercolor pencils, chipboard pieces, G45 Tropical pprs
Twist: No Paper (except the above) or flowers!

Shayla
Budget: $50
Wishlist: Weekend Market by Bo Bunny, Wave Searcher by Fancy Pants, Awesome by Simple Stories, On the Bright Side by MME
Twist: Anything that is not on the wish list!

Tammy
Budget: $200-60=$152-5=$147-5=$14 2
Wishlist:
Twist:

Tina
Budget: $50-15=$35-2=$33-50=BUST!
Wishlist: Cricut Club, Wedding album embellies
Twist: Nothing not for the wedding ablum

Courtney
Budget: $200-131.86=$68.14-104=BUST!
Wishlist: SOD kit, Pion Papers, new DA chipboard, Authentique Loyal Collection, Prima wood tickets, Prima En Francis
Twist: NO additional paper.. BUSTED!

Kelly
Budget: $25-3.60=$21.4
Wishlist: Whatever I NEED
Twist: None

Alissa
Budget: $30-15=$15-15=$0-?=BUST!
Wishlist: Cuttlebug plates, lace
Twist: ribbon, brads, rub ons

Pat
Budget: $50-30=$20-1.99=$18.01
Wishlist: G45 Curiousity Shop, Prima wood clocks, ribbons,
Twist: No Cricut carts or stamps

Katie
Budget: $100-20.88=$79.12
Wishlist: papers, inks, cardstock, punches, stickers, stickles, storage, stuff for album gifts, McGill punches, McGill accessories or something like them.
Twist: No adhesive, nothing not on sale, and/or nothing purchased without a coupon

Edited by SonjaC on 03-29-12 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'll start us off...
Budget: $80
Wishlist: Fiskars Everywhere Punch Starter set, Everywhere Scallop punch, Prima Distresser, Storage items, Faber-Castell Gelatos or Watercolor pencils, chipboard pieces, G45 Tropical pprs
Twist: No Paper (except the above) or flowers!

(FYI - You don't have to reference products, but I fell in love with these at the Scrapbook Expo and have to enable a little!)

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to SonjaC

Hello, I am in

Budget: 50$

wishlist: weekend market by bo bunny, wave searcher by fancy pants, and awesome by simple stories.. oh and on the bright side by MME.. (might need a larger budget...)

twist: anything that is not on my wish list.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ShaylaCreations

I am in and my budget this month is $200 (yes it is the last month for SU Sale-a-bration and my party is March 1 and then another friend at the end) so need to make sure we qualify and I get everything I want (and I get my bonus payout on March

I'll be back to document wish and twist as computer will be out for a few days (new fan required)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'm in this month too.
Budget $50
wishlist - Cricut club $15, wedding album embellies
Twist-nothing not for the wedding album

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

OK i am in...and my budget is going to be $200.
Wishlist: SOD Kit, Pion Papers, new DA chipboard, Authentique Loyal Collection, Prima wood tickets, Prima En francis papers, Prima distressing tool
Twist: NO additional paper..

I did so good for so long not buying paper, well and then CHA came out LOL...I am heading over to my friend Kelly's house on Sunday for a scrap day (she owns scraputante)....so I know I will at least be picking up these items while shopping in her "store" lol.....i have a feeling my budget will not be safe but I am going to try to not over buy and just SCRAP!!!

Stop laughing i said TRY LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to newtoscrapping2011

LMAO, Courtney is going to bust by Sunday.

I'm in, but I need to think long and hard about a wishlist and budget. This month is going to be brutal.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

shush you LMAO!!! I already bought a TON of new stuff, but she has gotten some new things in.....LOL and I havent gotten my SOD invoice yet, LOL...

My goal for March is to buy less and scrap more...I have so many pretties to use up!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LMAO @ Courtney and Kelly! True statement, Kelly! Sorry, Courtney, your reputation preceeds you!

Will get the first post updated shortly...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

Signing in!

BUDGET: $30
WISH: Cuttlebug plates, lace
TWIST: ribbon, brads, rub ons

Edited by runzalot81 on 03-01-12 02:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to runzalot81

Alisaa i saving up $10 a month for something!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I'm saving for a trip to Italy. I want to have some disposable income for that trip.

I need a 12-step program and some budget help.

I plan to spend -- $50 and that's all.

And I don't NEED anything, so I COULD just go cold turkey (except for ink and adhesive)....

I do not get to buy any Cricut Cartridges. I have more of those than I will EVER use. And stamps. I think I have enough of those too.

I might need some ribbon.

Ok. Let me go think about this and I'll be back. See? Told you I needed a support group!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

we are here for you Pat!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. I thought about it.

First - I work at a Scrapbook Store, so I don't have to spend ANYthing, really. Because I create projects for classes and store use, I can comp those supplies.

But that Graphic 45 Curiosity Shop and the new Prima Wood Clocks.... I gotta have those.

Everything else would just be overkill. I have a StampinUp order coming in, with some brads and a big bird diecut. I think that total is like $31. So with the $30 in my shopping cart for the Graphic 45 paper and the clocks...

I think I've already busted before I even started. That's GOT to be some kind of a record, right? Except I ordered the SU stuff LAST month - before I even joined this challenge, so do I have to count it? I'm saying not. Ok?

Adhesive. I will need adhesive. And ribbon. But I only have $20 left because I just paid for that paper and clocks.

That's all. $20. Man, I'm having withdrawals already.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

lmao Pat!! we do not count adhesive in our budget since that is a total necessity!! a REAL need LOL

Love that graphic 45 line and all the Prima new wood stuff!! We are a support group all right??!! SEE HOW THEY LAUGH AT ME LMAO!!!!

Honestly though, love my fellow budgeteers LOL...even though i never seem to be able to stay in my budget...come on even Kelly has been good the past few months....BUT Tammy busted last month HAHAHA!! That doesnt usually happen..I had some good company LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi Pat:)
I don't count adhesive.
I only count what I actually pay for during the month too.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Welcome, Pat. You are in good company. I can't guarantee you won't bust your budget, but you will have fun time trying to be good.

BTW, I'm being good because I'm on on my way to Italy too. I leave 4/14.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

AND, BO BUNNY IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

It's gorgeous. Love it!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

I hope mine is waiting for me when i get home!!! i love coming home to presents LOL!!

was actually busy at work today, so I didnt do any shopping LMAO!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

You came to the right place for 'support' Pat! We're so supportive here we could double as underwire bras!

Nope, you don't have to count that $30 SU order since you placed it last month (even if you ordered it yesterday - still Feb, still doesn't count against your $50!) You'll find we have lots of loopholes here... Did you order the G45 pprs and clocks today? Ya know, we've just barely started... if you need to up your budget a bit... I will look the other way...

And as far as I can tell the last several months I've been playing with this group... none of us really NEED anything we get...

SO, if I'm reading you right, your list is as follows:
Budget: $50-$30=$20
Wishlist: G45 Curiousity Shoppe, Prima wood clocks, ribbon,

Sound about right? Last chance to make budget changes...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Pat - you order your Su last month so it does not count for sure and adhesive does not count for the majority of us. C'mon you know you'll have fun

Kelly - post some bo bunny pics PLEASE!!!

I am having my Su party in an hour - let
s see how much I end up having left over for my friend's party at the end of the month lol

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Going to update the front shortly and pretend Pat hasn't finalized yet... Anyone else wanna make changes while I'm in such a good mood? @ Shayla

Kelly - Envious of your goodie bag!!!!

Courtney - I will laugh my @$$ off if the SOD kit for March is the BB Weekend Market pprs! And then I'll out and buy it! heh heh heh

Speaking of... I'm tempted by today's Peachy deal... that's a cute mini album of MME pprs and embellies. Hummmmm do I really need it?

Tammy - Whatcha saving $10/mo for???

Edited by SonjaC on 03-01-12 03:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Okay first post is updated, have a look and confirm if I missed anything.

BTW, Shayla, am I striking off your Weekend Market item?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

I will be so maaaad if it is weekend market...the only thing making me think that its not is because the elegance one was country garden...another bo bunny line...and she said she's still waiting for things...lol

I tell you what...If there are weekend market papers in the SOD kit, I will send them off to you!! that way you can enjoy them since I already got the entire line...Im feeling generous today HAHAHA...plus I HAVE been calling you Shamu hahahaah!!

Good luck Tammy on keeping your budget!!

If anyone is interested, I posted a Feeling French Challenge for March...it seems every line I get my hands on has a french theme LOL!! Feel free to join in if you would like!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

woohoo I get $110 in free merchandise, I got all 3 of the SAB items in the SAB catalogue forhaving over 525 in sales (I am at the 650 level) so 2 1/2 price items so my budget is safe!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

$10 a month is going towards my trip to Florence!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:

SO, if I'm reading you right, your list is as follows:
Budget: $50-$30=$20
Wishlist: G45 Curiousity Shoppe, Prima wood clocks, ribbon,

Sound about right? Last chance to make budget changes...

That looks about right. I put those items in my cart back in February, but finally coughed up and bought them yesterday, so...

I'll count them. Best get started on this rehab process sooner, rather than later. Later will just drag out the pain. LOL

New Bo-Bunny is in the house at my LSS. I just looked and drooled over the entire line. My boss told me to use it for a project since I'd already gotten it so wet from my slobber.

Courtney - I'm heading off to check out your Feeling French challenge. My sister and I are going to Paris NEXT year, so I should probably get those layouts started early, right?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

so My wishlist was to include:
Season of Friendship, Nature's Silhouette and Labels Framelits (the first two can be stroked off my list as 1 was free product and 1 was a 1/2 price item I selected) the last one will be purchased at my friend's SU party

Twist - no non-SU products

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:

I tell you what...If there are weekend market papers in the SOD kit, I will send them off to you!! that way you can enjoy them since I already got the entire line...Im feeling generous today HAHAHA...plus I HAVE been calling you Shamu hahahaah!!

Yes, you have and my poor pregger feelings were sooo hurt! (As if I wasn't calling myself Shamu... hehehe) Okay, DEAL!!! And I promise not to laugh if they are the WM pprs!

I don't think they are though... Mel gave us a (maddeningly unhelpful) hint: Stephen King... and I don't think those look very 'SK'...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

WOW, Tammy! Great haul there! Talk about saving your budget! Florence... Oh I'm so jealous, how beautiful! We were watching that travel guy on PBS last night (cuz we still don't have cable...) and he was in Florence and a tiny island in the Greek Isles and both of us were drooling! DH has never been to Europe and I've always wanted to go to Greece and Italy!

Thanks for confirming, Pat. Good for you for sticking to your guns!

Okay, Courtney, I'll check out your challenge! I have some old photos of myself in Paris when I was 16 I keep wanting to scrap! And I have the MME Lost & Found collection I never know what to do with!

BTW, speaking of MME... I think I'm falling for that On the Bright Side collection...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Oh, and also BTW, I restarted my Subject challenge this month and it involves using metal embellishments. The topic is Bit o'Blarney, but it doesn't have to be St. Patrick's Day themed! Come check it out!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

heading over to check out your challenge Sonja...and i am thinking the kit IS WM papers...because it has books on it...and Stephen King writes Books...so be ready to send me a pm with your address LMAO!!!

That on the Bright side is absolutely adorable!! i am loving that and MME's Miss Caroline Line..which is unbelievably not girly for the name...weird LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

How much of a stalker am I, Courtney? I went through the CHA sneak peak site and looked at all the new collections coming out! LOL!!
I have a hunch it might be WM, but I also think it could be G45 Olde Curiousity Shoppe too... Those were the only two that could be even close to Stephen King books (and I've only read like two or three...) LMAO!

Totally agree, Miss Caroline is really cute! I also liked the Reminisce 'Not All Who Wander Are Lost' collection! Dang it...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

is ignoring all REFERENCES to non SU papers and such for the time being....(she will not look, she wil not look, she will not look)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

well now I am going to have to check out that line "Not all that wander are lost" line! lol you are evil LOL

OHHH LA LA those are gorgeous!!

Edited by newtoscrapping2011 on 03-02-12 03:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

really I didn't think they were that great when I saw the sneak peak - what am I missing??

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

OMG I want this danged Prima distresser tool!!!
My co-worker got it on Amazon and I've been playing with it... SO in love!

Errr.... *looks at Tammy* I mean... NO! You definitely do not want this tool!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

you're right Sonja - I don't do distressing much! LOL

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Shopping.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

yayyyy Alissa...what are you buying

Sonja, I just got one of those distressing tools from scraputante...I LOVE IT!!

I got my package of Bo Bunny weekend market today...oh its so so lovely!! cannot wait to play with it on Sunday!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Turns out, not much.

Spent $15 at M's. Stocked up on bling. I think I'm ready to checkout at J's online. I'll let you know! Nothing exciting, though. Just need the 13" cutting pads for the Cuttlebug.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

i love bling...LOL...so thats an exciting purchase!

you have been so good staying in budget! I think today is safe for me...heading out to Lancaster and doing some outlet shopping with my aunt before heading to my cousins concert...should be a fun day!

Of course, I think there may be scrappy stores around there which I would just HAVE to check out right?? LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Oh, and also BTW, I restarted my Subject challenge this month and it involves using metal embellishments. The topic is Bit o'Blarney, but it doesn't have to be St. Patrick's Day themed! Come check it out!

I will check it out:)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Today will be a safe day for me - a few errands and then an afternoon and evening filled with good friends, good food and poker!

Tomorrow is a scrapbook yard sale I am in - the object for me will be to leave with less than what I showed up with lol

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LMAO Tammy! One of the scrappy stores by me is having a yard sale...i had plans otherwise I would totally have to go LOL..It is time to unload!

We are starting a collection box for Crafts for Cancer, so I will be donating a lot of the stuff I do not use anymore to that cause!

(thus making me feel okay about buying new stuff right) LOL

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I tried to check out at Js online today and their website STILL won't recognize my gift card

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Alissa, I'd call their customer service. That gift card would have never survived that long with me. I would have figured out how to make it spend the day I got it.

Still have no budget. Still have no wishlist. I leave for my three week Europe trip in less than 45 days. Need to save all my dollars for Euros. Budget will be teensy, tiny this month.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Dear Tammy, your Stampin' Up talk is killing me. I want/need that dang owl punch...

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

Happy BIRTHDAY KELLY!!!

And no Sonja lol I haven't made it down to the LSS yet. such a shame! I have been crazy busy butI guess it's a good thing I am trying to divide my wishlist into two months but can't decide on what to wait a month for.. I know 30 days doesn't seem like that long especially when I am a scrap slacker but I am addicted darn it! ahhh scrappy paper can never get enough even when I have no more room.. oh I need to buy some more cropper hoppers too! I have 12 filled and a black box filled.. I need a 12x12 step program.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Today is "Clean Your Scraproom" day. I'm tired of not being able to FIND anything.

I'm going to start on it after I get off here.

I live in the country. I won't be leaving the house today. My budget is safe for the time being.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tammy love your yard sale idea

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Happy Birthday Kelly!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Kelly, hope you have an amazing birthday!!

I did not spend a dime today...and tomorrow...well that is going to be a different story!! lol wish me luck

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well it turns out I won't be - I am too ill to go to day oh well. I cannot wait until next Monday! Then this dang surgery will be over and I won't have to worry about this pain...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

sorry you aren't feeling well Tammy

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

thanks Tina - feeling a bit better now - my dd came over and made me some supper!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Feel better Tammy!

Well, I spent $131.86 today. I knew it was going to be bad lol.

I got soooo much stuff!! I will list it all tomorrow at some point!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Ok, so here is what I got yesterday:

Authentique Loyal Papers
Dusty Attic: Damask, Crowns, Fleur de Lis, Chandelier, flourishes, hanging lamp,
lamp post, sailboats, pocket watch, dress form, wrought iron fence
Fancy Pants metal charms
Glitz Pretty in Pink giant rhinestones
Glitz Dance in Sunshine titles
MME Miss Caroline papers
Pion Designs Grandma's Attic and From my heart collection
Prima En Francais collection (because i am obsessed with anything french these days), and a whole bunch of different flowers and branches
Zva Creative-mini rose buds and blingies

Ok so after my shopping spree, I did sit down and actually do some creating...I should be all set for the month now!!! STOP LAUGHING LOL...im gonna try to not buy anymore!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Ok I'm ready to commit to a budget.

Budget: $25
Wish: Whatever I NEED.
Twist: none

I seriously can't stand how full my room is. I need a scrap shopping break.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone.

Holy scrap, Courtney. You bought out the store!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

I was about ready to applaud everyone for the limited spending (not for lack of trying in some cases of course) this weekend... that is until I got to Courtney's shop bomb! OMG!! LOLOLOL Did you need to put your debit card on ice after all that swiping??? Glad you listed what you got, we can all drool enviously... You lucky spud you! And I'm jealous you have that distressing tool! I nearly caved on it this weekend on evilbay... How much does Scraputante want for it? (And Tammy, if you had this tool, you totally would distress! It's soooo handy!)

BTW Tammy, hope you're back to 100%! That was sweet of your dd! Too bad you missed the yard sale, but maybe that's a blessing in disguise... (I know I would have come home with more than I took!) LOL

Kelly - Dang, I missed your B-day! Hope you had a wonderful one! It was yesterday, right? My BIL's b-day was the same day! My sis took him wine-tasting in Napa Valley for the weekend... kind of dangerous they live only 45 minutes from there... I have a scrap addiction, she has a wine addiction! When we get together... watch out! LMAO Anyway, hope you had a great day! Did the scrappy gift from your dh arrive yet??? (BTW, I nearly fainted when I saw your budget! You and Alissa are competing! But I understand why... an Italy trip would be my priority too!)

Alissa - I agree with Kelly - Call the customer service STAT! That's not even right... talk about a let-down! I will probably be making a purchase on J's site this week... they just sent out a handful of coupons 40-50% off.

Shayla - LOL @ 12x12 step program! I may need to join you there... I reorganized my papers and have completely grown out of the 3 Cropper Hoppers I have! I think I need at least 3 more - one just for my SOD pprs!

Pat - Speaking of reorganizing, how did your ReOrg Day go??

Well I resisted the evilbay temptation (ordering on my smartphone really isn't as much fun cuz things are too danged small to see anyway!) DH and I actually didn't spend any money this weekend, except $12 for pizza Friday night! Of course that had more to do with us getting a confidence-crushing letter from his pulmonologist regarding the tests he did a week ago... He was so depressed he hardly wanted to eat or get out of bed. He spent all of Saturday in bed and I didn't force him. I can't really understand how he's feeling, but I do sympathize with him. I also get frustrated because he just gives up and makes comments that scare and hurt me sometimes! Sometimes I guess he forgets, but Hello - you're going to be a Dad soon! If that's not a reason to keep going, Idk what else is!
I did make him get up yesterday and we went to see his family. That helped I think, but when we got home he was back to his depressed silence.
At least I got some scrappy stuff done.. finished 2 pages and a card Saturday! That always helps me...

Anyway... off to update the front!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Okay, first post is updated! Have a look and make sure I've got yours right!

By the way, Courtney, 'dust my eyes decieve me, or have you already busted your twist with those Miss Caroline papers??? (NOT that I blame you of course... I'm quickly falling in love with them myself!) Juuuust had to check!
Otherwise, looks like you did pretty good on your wishlist! Just the SOD kit and Prima wood pieces - and $68 left to spend!

Pat, I don't think you have to worry about being a record-breaker here... Courtney's little shopping spree put yours to shame! In a good way, of course!

Edited by SonjaC on 03-05-12 11:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

OHHHH I got the Prima Wood pieces LMAO!!! The entire purchase was made at ONE PLACE LMAO!! I am out of control...and trying to hide everything I bought by putting it in the small totes I had brought to her house was a feat in itself LMAO!! I walked in the door and walked my stuff right upstairs...DH says "oh im impressed, usually it sits in the living room until I bring it up" HAHAHA little does he know that I didnt want him to SEEE lol...he honestly doesnt care what I buy, he has his trains, and believe it or not, what I spent yesterday isnt even ONE TRAIN...LOL so I dare him to say a word LOL

but I did get the Miss Caroline Papers and a ******** ton other papers LMAO!!! The prima distress tool is $14.00 at scraputante, and i can get you a free shipping code too! PS She has the Miss Caroline Collection too....Im such an enabler LOL

Sorry to hear about your DH being a little bummed and hope he pops out of that funk soon! It must be so hard having a chronic condition. hugs to you and your hubby.

Tammy, hope your feeling better!! I am trying to fight off a cold...i dont have time to get sick..I am taking Zicam like its my job LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

*gasp* Courtney!!!

*covering eyes* I didn't read that, I didn't read that... I didn't read that...

I was at your description of how you smuggle things into the house! LMAO! I'm just as bad, but I wait till dh isn't home to do that! He's like a bloodhound for shopping bags. Case in point: when I came home from the Expo, he was sitting in the living room, facing the front door and watching me as I walked in! I could see him mentally calculating the weight and dimensions of the bag I brought in too! (Good thing the other bag was in the car still... )! I'd taken the price tags off everything before I brought it home cuz I knew he would calculate how much I'd spent that way - and the receipts were savely hidden in my purse! That said, what he spends on one pair of boots is probably double what I spent at the whole Expo!

Glad you got those wood pieces! I was really tempted to at the Scrapbook Grammie booth... but thankfully they didn't have any left of the Almanac or Sun Kissed ones that I wanted! So I'll strike that off your list and BUST you for the paper purchase! (But what a way to go, I'm sure!) You should take a photo of all your goodies! Unless of course you don't want the evidence... BWAAAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Wow Kelly I so missed your birthday, not sure how, but hope it was fantastic.

I'm with you, my scraproom is TOO full.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I am living vicariously through Courtney although not really cause I did $110 bucks worth of stuff for free from my SU party and then the extra 2 half price items right so I have a whack of it coming in Friday night.

I feel miserable- I now have a full blown sinus infection, an infection on the top of my foot but I am managing! One week today til I go under the knife to have this offending growth inside my body removed!

Too bad they can't take several pounds with it of other stuff I don't need

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 03-05-12 02:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to SonjaC

I'm in this month! My goal is to keep track of all of my receipts!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

aww ss Tammy...get lots of rest and feel better!!

Sonja...sb.com doesn't like C R A P lmao!! I am done shopping for the month except for my kit.....which if it doesn't get posted soon I'm gonna SCREAMMMMMM lol!!

I am headed to my scrappy cave for an evening of hopefully finishing one layout...after I take a nice hot bath and hopefully kick this cold that my body is trying to catch LOL

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

The reorganization day went about like I expected...it's an ongoing project.

I did get my new work desk set up -- it's a solid wood door and it's HUGE big. I moved the sewing machine to the other side of the room so that it's more accessible from the work desk, and that's going to function a lot better. I won't have to move from where I'm working to use it.

Because the desk is so big, I've lost a little room and wall space, but I can't BELIEVE how much work space I have now. I've got room to put all my "go to" tools in arms reach and that's handy, handy, handy.

I moved my paper racks as well, and that took most of the rest of the day because while I was moving, I was also boxing to discard. I managed to clean off one entire rack, which made a VERY small dent in the stash.

But I'm going to HAVE to rearrange the closet and add some drawers before I can go any further. There is just ... too much stuff.

When I retire here in a couple of month, I have two sets of short shelves that I plan to bring home from my classroom. Those should help me finish the rest of the plan.

The up side is ... no shopping.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Aww Sonja I am sorry you hubby has been in a funk I am sure it's tough on you both Hopefully he perks up soon!

well, I am sick.. and I wish my body would understand I don't have time to be sick! I have school, CPR training tomorrow, activities with the kids basketball for both boys alternating days (thankfully) and working on the yearbook as well as the class pictures. Mom's can't get sick, didn't my body get the memo? No shopping but If I feel better I am going this weekend.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Sonja, how is your hubby doing? Every time he gets in a mood show him that beautiful sonogram and tell him to buck up. That baby needs him!

Shayla, hope you feel better soon. Being sick is the suxors. My allergies are killing me today. I'm a hot mess.

I have the day off today. I need to work on cleaning my scrap space. I can't find a thing in there which makes me not want to go in there, which means nothing is getting done. Also need to squeeze in some laundry and maybe take care of cleaning two of the four bathrooms. Blah!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Oh yuck, Tammy! Hope that sinus infection goes away before your surgery!

Katie! Welcome back! That's a good goal - good luck! lol

Courtney - THURSDAY is the day!!!! Can't wait!! (Not that it matters, since I'm not getting the kit, but I might give in and just purchase it on the 15th...) Especially if it's Old Curiousity Shop!! (Did you notice Mel got really quiet there?? )
Hope you got somethings done in the scrappy cave! A hot bubble bath sounds fabulous, but I can't do hot baths until after I deliver or I'll hardboil my baby!

Wow Pat! You got a lot done in two days! Sounds like a better set-up for you than before. Congrats (early) on your retirement! My parents recently retired and they've never looked back! ;o)

Shayla - yuck! Hope you feel better! Yes, I don't think colds distinguish between busy moms and not-so-busy moms... is there even such a thing?! Hope you're able to recover quickly!

Good call Kelly! He still goes through periods of depression and then rallies back, but at least its a little better than it was... we have follow-ups with both his rheumatologist and pulmonologist tomorrow and a consult with the chemo treatment doc on Thursday. I have a feeling he'll hit the bottom again, but I still really hope for better verbal discussions than what that letter said! Sometimes I think doctors forget patients have feelings!

Well I went to J's last night to look at the everywhere punch I want and I'm sort of thinking I'm going to switch to the squeeze punch version of the scallop... I don't really need to spend the money on both the starter set and the additional scallop piece... I amazingly didn't spend ANYthing at J's either! I checked pricing at Ms and the punches are on a better sale than J's so will prob go to Ms at lunch today...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja are you feeling okay? You didn't shop with punches all around you.

Ummm I don't quite get the hardboil the baby thing cause I had baths all the way through but every couple of years they come up with some new theory so oh well - maybe that is why both my kids are so dang hard-headed (and I thought they got it from their father lol)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOL! Yeah, I'm fine, just limited on my budget so had to be picky. (Believe me it wasn't easy!) I wanted to look at the Everywhere punch more online before deciding and I'm glad I did!

I want to use the scalloped one to cut out individual cards for my shower invites that have where I'm registered at printed on them. I wasn't sure if the EP was better or if I should just get the squeeze punch. Well after watching the video on the E Punches on here I found that when it cuts out the shape, it creates three little holes in the cut-out piece, rendering it useless for my little pieces! HA!

So I went and bought the squeeze punch at M's today for $10. J's was actually cheaper online, but I would have paid for shipping... and waited forever! I also got a pack of clearance K & Co rubons for $1.79 so spent $11.79!

I wasn't sure about that hot water thing, but I've read in multiple different sources that it's not good for pregnant women to completely submerge in hot water as it heats up the womb or some such nonsense. Doc only cautioned the baths, but since this may be our only baby, I didn't want to risk it so just have avoided hot tubs and only taken warm - not scalding like I like - baths...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

yes I hear that warm is better than hot - actually it was how I determine if I was in real labour or fake - the warm bath settled the fake and didn't settle the real...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oooh that's good to know, thanks Tammy!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

well just be careful because it made it speed up!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Oh no! No hot baths during pregnancy?? Whatever will I do? I take baths every night almost. Scolding hot so I come out red baths.

I'm in the bath right now haha!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I did the scalding hot baths with BOTH my girls and they came out just fine.

Doctors ... they have to protect themselves from any possibility, so they say some of the STOOOPIDEST stuff. But considering the inclination towards malpractice suits, I'm not sure I would not do the same.

You have to weigh the advice you get against the sense it makes. If you think it's advice you should take, you should take it. But the human mind searches for reasons for every random event. We don't seem to be content with the answer, "it's random." So ... when there is a problem, we say, "oh, I ate red M&M's so that's it," or "I had a hot bath three days before so that's the reason," or "there was that Mozart that I played against my tummy for the past six months..."

It's just human nature. The chances of you getting the bath water hot enough to change the temperature of the inside of your uterus is so ... unlikely. It would have to be hot enough to burn your skin off. And in that case, you wouldn't be sitting in it very long. The MORE likely danger would be slipping in the bathtub.

Just my $.02

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Pat is right. There's doctors orders and your gut feelings. I took lots of baths during pregnancy, especially in the last trimester. It was the best way to relax that stretching, itchy skin. At DS's two week well baby exam, he weighed 1 oz less than desired so the doctor told me to feed him more formula. He was only getting formula at midnight when my DH fed him. He wasn't crying, he wasn't fussy. Happy as a clam! I found a new pediatrician.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I was told to stay out of hot tubs do to bacterias. Hot tubs usually have cautions signs saying no pregnant women. I think high temps can cause you to be light headed. Enjoy your bath:)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

phew baths are still ok....My feeling is anything in moderation is probably ok...granted, I am not a doctor LOL, but i tend to follow my gut ALOT!!

I love my Baths almost as much as my paper! Well this cold I have been trying to fight off didnt work, and I feel like pooh today....i am hoping that it doesnt last long!

Edited by newtoscrapping2011 on 03-07-12 07:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Awww, hope all you sickies start feeling better soon.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

so do I!!!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

No Banana Goal Bowl this month? Did I miss something?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

AWw, you guys are the best! Thank you guys all for your advice and $.02!

Pat, your comments were right about what my doc said. I asked him about skiing in the early months and he said 'Well I can't tell you 'no' because you are already a skier and well conditioned for it so you would be fine, BUT I can caution that it's not you I'd be worried about... it's the other skiers/boarders! And that's just me protecting my skin as well as yours!' He did say after about the 4th month to forego all high risk activities like skiing, rock climbing, horseback riding and bike riding merely for the risk of falling because the baby has by then grown out of the safe region of my pelvic bone and would be more at risk for miscarriage from a serous fall. That made sense to me, though I dreadfully miss skiing!! (I did try it while I was still in my 3rd month and could totally feel I was way 'off' somehow. And I nearly got plowed over by an overzealous skier so decided to hang up the sticks for a while... )
Doc also said when I asked him about the no lunch meat and soft cheeses thing that it was (mostly) hokum, but they add that to the list to cover their butts with the risk of bacteria, same as hot tubs.

After the emotional roller coaster of a day I've had (DH's follow-up doc visits) I am very much looking forward to a candle-lite bath!
Thank you gals!

And hope you feel better soon, Courtney!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

oh Sonja sounds like you need some hugs!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Alissa - doesn't look like there is one - I am feeliing crappy and have surgery next week so I couldn't do it.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Hugs Sonja!!! hope you have a better day tomorrow....I feel better in the afternoon and evening but man the mornings are not good....

Me and Dom just finished sanding the basement, which will be painted on Saturday...you know what that means...the floor will be going down soon and the ceiling will be done and thennnnnn

The trains will be leaving my room and i will have my very own scrapping room!!! I am so excited!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Good morning ladies

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Good morning!

Love the new avi Tina!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Good morning everyone...Im staying home from work today to hopefully beat this cold....I have such a great weekend planned, and well sick wasn't in the plan LOL

Having dinner with 6 of my high school girlfriends tomorrow night!! Haven't seen them in forever...So i will be sure to bring my camera and take lots of pics to scrap!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Sonja, hope you enjoyed that bath.

Tammy, how are you feeling today?

Hi Tina.

Courtney, hope you feel well enough for your dinner tomorrow. It sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to see your LO of both your dinner and your new room. How exciting!!

Alissa, I forgot all about Banana Goal this month. I've been so busy lately. Can't remember if I'm coming or going. So much to do before I leave for three weeks. Transatlantic vacations are a lot of work! I'll probably collapse with relief when I first step on the ship.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Afternoon ladies!

Hope you are both feeling better, Tammy and Courtney!

Yeah, Kelly, transatlantic vacations are hectic to prepare for, but gonna be SOOO worth it!! A ship?? Are you sailing to Italy? All the more reason to relax when you get on there!

Bath was fabulous (even with the cat fight going on outside the door for who would get to sit closest to the closed door...) LOL! I gave myself a facial and cooling gel around my eyes to get rid of the puffiness. FYI, these preggo hormones are for the birds!!! My eyes wouldn't stop tearing up yesterday even though it was good news! Guess I was just holding it all in so long...

I will be off most of (if not all) of tomorrow due to a follow-up procedure DH needs to do. Honestly he's been such a trooper these days... And yesterday paid off! Basically he was told he can live 20, 30, 40+ more years with the lung disease and chronic disease he as! (He's 40 now.) We had been worried about that... especially having a baby on the way! So major weight off our chests - especially his!

Today we went to a specialist for a consult on the IV treatments he'll have to do and it was really kind of scary being in there with all these cancer patients! I mean, I've had friends who've had cancer (DH's own brother had leukemia), but still! It's strange to me, but the word 'Cancer' brings so much more terrifying feelings than DH's disease does and there are at least some cures for cancer whereas there is none for what he has!

ANYwho, sorry for the rambling, just really releaved and had to share!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

YAYYY for the good news Sonja...and Cancer is an amazingly scary disease. It totally tears your world apart and is honestly one of my biggest fears. I am not afraid of death at all, but cancer scares the bejesus out of me.

I am feeling better....stayed home and got some much needed rest!! we are suppose to go to dinner for doms great aunts 91st birthday....im debating if I should stay home with my cooties....

Kelly, I am so jealous if you are sailing to Italy...that will be such an amazing trip and cannot WAIT to see the photos!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

oh and as a side note, I haven't spent any more money LOL and Sonja your not getting my weekend market papers LOL you were right Old Curiosity Shop!! LOL If you don't want to buy the kit (or she sells out) there are some of the papers available at scraputante...and my free shipping code still works

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi ladies:)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I am not feeling better but not worse...

Very glad though on your news Sonja!

Enjoy your night out with the girls Courtney - although I think I might take a miss on the 91 year old birthday if you still think you might be contagious

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
oh and as a side note, I haven't spent any more money LOL and Sonja your not getting my weekend market papers LOL you were right Old Curiosity Shop!! LOL If you don't want to buy the kit (or she sells out) there are some of the papers available at scraputante...and my free shipping code still works

Yep, I rocked the guessing game this time 'round!
I was sort of bummed it wasn't the WM pprs, but kind of thought it would end up being Curiosity Shop anyway! I'll live!
I may need to order this one... It's a very manly kit with just the papers... but I'll see what the kit looks like! Will check out Scraputante too if I do cuz I think the Coordinating paper is already out...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Here are photos of my big splurge last weekend LOL....had to share with you because I got a lot of STUFF...even though I spent a small fortune....She is coming to my house to scrap on Saturday too....I sure hope they do not get any more lines in before then LMAO!!

Goodie Haul By Newtoscrapping2011

paper haul By Newtoscrapping2011

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics