Page 1 of 25 
Username Post: Creative Therapy(2) - (COF) - *no longer active        (Topic#1571271)
Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Hi! And welcome to our Circle of Friends, Creative Therapy(2)!

This group is just here as a place for us to share our projects and inspire each other, ask for help and suggestions when needed, and to get together to chat, vent or lend a shoulder.

We do group challenges every once in awhile. This isn't necessarily a 'critique' group, but if you ask for constructive criticism and suggestions, we will give it. Or as friends should be this group will be honest and open with each other. We might give our opinion but that doesn't mean you have to take it.

Please post all your projects to the thread so we can love on it and be sure to share the love back.

This thread is meant to be a fun place, so let's have fun!

Happy Scrapping!!

Members:
Scrap-Police - Kathy
DNA301 - Ashley
Southern Lady - Danielle

Tena E - Tena
Autumngold - Deb
Claggy - Nancy
ncyankee - Eileen
CatScrapsHere - Cathy
cveira - Christine
Babigirl - Shatema
SuperAllyFan - Kim

Edited by Scrap-Time on 11-11-13 08:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Scrap-Time

This is just what I've been looking for! Sign me up!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to justLyn

• LyndaMarie Said:
This is just what I've been looking for! Sign me up!

Yeah so happy to have you!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

May I join?

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
May I join?

Of course!! Love to have you!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Awesome!! Ty Kathy!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Hi Kathy, would love to join!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Tena E.

Yippee!! So happy to see everyone.

To get to know each other I have an ideal!
You can either just post a little info here about you or you can do a scrap page that tells us about you. I thought the page might be a good way to get a page about us in our albums that describes who we are right now. What we like, look like, feel, what were into, etc.

If you dont' want to do a page you don't have to but if you need a push to get this type of page done (like me!) then here you go.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

I am up for making a layout.. I need a new one of me since I just turned another year older!! LOL

Hi Tena!!

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to SQ Mandi

I would love something like this. I have a page I did in January but it's not done due to the fact it needs something and I can't figure out what. I will post it later when I have a picture taken of it. Love the idea of this group.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to jazzescrapper

Hiya? May I join?

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to DNA301

Me too please!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to autumngold

Ashley and Deb - of course you silly girls!!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to jazzescrapper

• jazzescrapper Said:
I would love something like this. I have a page I did in January but it's not done due to the fact it needs something and I can't figure out what. I will post it later when I have a picture taken of it. Love the idea of this group.

Welcome Sue!! Yes please post and we can give you opinions. Take what you want from them or nothing at all. What matters is that we will be honest with each other like friends should be. Also maybe we will spark something for you that you will like in the finished product!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I'm excited. I think this is what I needed. I had puttered out on here and I don't really want to. Just figuring out how to juggle Design Team responsibilities, life, work and hobby stuff. Not an easy balancing act. So girls keep me accountable and make sure I don't neglect this part of my life.

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!! So excited to see everyone!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I forgot to post this last week.

Lucky Me! By Scrap-Police

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• Scrap-Police Said:
I'm excited. I think this is what I needed. I had puttered out on here and I don't really want to. Just figuring out how to juggle Design Team responsibilities, life, work and hobby stuff. Not an easy balancing act. So girls keep me accountable and make sure I don't neglect this part of my life.

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!! So excited to see everyone!

You want a post or a text? LOL! I can do both

BTW-love the new avi. The girl has grown!!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

Thanks Nancy...yes both will do. It might take both...you know I'm stubborn!!

Here are a couple more I have done this past week.

Bundle of Joy By Scrap-Police

Happy 1st Birthday! By Scrap-Police

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

i would like to join. i might not be on here alot seen i am going to be start work more.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to southern lady

Welcome Danielle. Could you please add your name to your signature so everyone knows who you are. If you need help just hollar!

Here are a couple more:

Praying for you - bible By Scrap-Police

Beautiful Spring Card By Scrap-Police

Shout for Joy By Scrap-Police

Don't worry I don't normally post this much. I came home with a migraine today so had a little extra to get caught up on stuff that I'm way behind in.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

• southern lady Said:
i would like to join. i might not be on here alot seen i am going to be start work more.

Are you just picking up more hours or did you get a different job?

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I can't remember how to change people in my friend list to "favorite". Can anyone remind me, please?!!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Here's my latest:

Medieval Times By Autumngold

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Kathy- I think if you go to their gallery there is a little box you can check and uncheck on the top left that says favorite? I am not 100 percent sure, and cant check at the moment.. I am on my phone.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to SQ Mandi

I know I'm mostly a lurker, but can I lurk (and occasionally post) here too? Dh has promised me some scrap time this weekend. He's bargaining so he can do a big online game thing this weekend too.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
I know I'm mostly a lurker, but can I lurk (and occasionally post) here too? Dh has promised me some scrap time this weekend. He's bargaining so he can do a big online game thing this weekend too.

Sarah - you are part of the group. There is no requirement on how much you participate. Just know we might come looking for you if we haven't seen you in awhile!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
Kathy- I think if you go to their gallery there is a little box you can check and uncheck on the top left that says favorite? I am not 100 percent sure, and cant check at the moment.. I am on my phone.

Thanks Mandy! It helped me figure it out.
Go to Friends on your home page. At the top of that page on the right it says something about change friends. Click on that and a box pops up under everyone's name that says best that you can check or uncheck.

Just case someone else wanted to update their list. I like it just because I have stream set up to only post my best friends so I don't get overwhelmed and I realized I was missing some people!!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Hi just jumping in to say hello. Great to see some other friends from other threads. thanks Kathy!

BBL

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• Scrap-Police Said:
  • southern lady Said:

well seen someone left and ask if i could get more hours seen everythng going up gas i think water might go up here. it the same job but work now m-f .

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

• southern lady Said:
  • Scrap-Police Said:
  • southern lady Said:

well seen someone left and ask if i could get more hours seen everythng going up gas i think water might go up here. it the same job but work now m-f .

That is good that the door was opened for more hours. Yes, living is becoming very expensive.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I usually wait for free shipping before by Bazzill but the sale today of 29% off is much better!! Order placed so I better get my bottom to bed. See you tomorrow. So glad to see you all here!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

I am hoping to scrap this weekend. We'll see. I just struggle to find time these days.

Doggies are keeping me so busy

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to NVyankee

Morning ladies. All I have to say is TG TOMORROW is Friday! LOL It's been a long week, and after going to bed at 3am- I am up way to early! I have to run some errands this morning, come home and work for 2 hours but then, you bet your butts, once Natalia goes down for her nap, I am getting my scrap on! LOL

I will be back later

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to SQ Mandi

Mandi - I think I would be napping while she is napping. I can't believe Jessa is 5. Wow! Time flies.

My migraine is still there so I decided to stay home. Helping with a crop this weekend and can't have any migraines then.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

I just dropped Brendan off at the animal shelter -- he's on winter break (too funny b/c it's supposed to be 80 here today!).

I've got to fold laundry before anything else this morning (but after checking in here).

Heading to VA later to pick up Brian in the am. Can't wait to get the little bugger home!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to NVyankee

well off to work. tomorrow i have a densit app to get some filling done yuck it always happens to me when i go for a check up then i have a problem which i hate because my husban has had never. well this will be my last friday off. i want to make cards but i just can't think what to do . have a nice thirsday

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Kathy- Jessa will be 6 in July, time really DOES fly! LOL

No napping for me. I work from 10am-12pm, and then pick Jessa up from school at 2 and work from 3 until 6 today. If I took a nap, I know I would end up falling asleep and totally not hear the alarm go off to go get her (I am a heavy sleeper lol)

Migraines suck. I have been getting them since I was 12 or 13.. Finally found a med that does help quite a bit, Fioracet (Sp?), most of the time.

Eileen- It's 76 here now, suppose to get to 85. I would kill for it to be 65-70 degrees ALL year lol

Well back to work. Will check in again later!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to SQ Mandi

Eileen - is Brian on break too or this just a weekend at home?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Marathon dance day today...classes from 4:15 until 8:30 LOL! I know we're going to hear it in ballet...the dance was a mess two weeks ago and, after a week off, it can only be worse. If I don't get caught up in watching "Doctor Who" on Netflix tonight, I might try to get some scrapping done.

Mandi- Holy Fishsticks! I can't believe Jessa's going to be six! Wow!

Kathy- Migraines are the sux0rs! I get them once in a blue moon and the only thing that works for me is hiding out in a dark room.

Eileen- If you don't want 80 degree weather, I'll take it! It's fishsticking cold here in NYC!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to DNA301

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Ashley!!
Happy Birthday to you!!

I think this migraine is related to the weather change here. My head feels full.

Edited by Scrap-Police on 03-01-12 01:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps

Hi everyone --- and I think I know at least a third of you, after reading the members list, and writing Kathy to see if "digi" is allowed This sounds like a neat thread, and thank you Kathy for letting a "dark side (digi)scrapper" join

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to annscraps

I think Mandy is a "dark sider" too!!

Heck I would just be happy to scrapbook at this time!! I get cards done as that is the DT I'm on but that is about it.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

i get alot of - Migraines around this time in feb-may. it usually the weather and i have to wear sunglass. i hate when i get them i get really sick. i usually if i know they are come i take adviel that helps little. well i have scrapbook anything seen my b-day

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I have meds to take if I feel a migraine coming on it really works. I took one yesterday. But today it is just sitting there...not going to headache but if I move to quickly or a certain way I can feel it.

Off to a church class so see you later tonight or tomorrow morning.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps

Yes, Kathy, Madny is a "dark side" scrapper too I know her from a past group, and I see a lot of the VLB thread is here too -- plus new people to meet which is alwyas fun.

Among the scrapbooks I'm making for Christmas 2012 are Nebraska Cornhusker football 2011 season books for all the guys in the family ... and here's one I finished earlier :

Big and Bold By Annscraps

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to annscraps

Hi everyone. I've been busy lately. I volunteered to help with the cast party for the play DS is in, and somehow I've ended up organizing the entire thing! I just wanted to be a helper.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Happy Birthday Ashley!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Yes Mandi is a "dark sider" too! LOL I can't help myself! LOL I love paper too though.. My love for scrapping is dangerous!

• Scrap-Police Said:

Heck I would just be happy to scrapbook at this time!! I get cards done as that is the DT I'm on but that is about it.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Either way- a Migraine sucks! Feel better Kathy!
  • Scrap-Police Said:
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Ashley!!
Happy Birthday to you!!

I think this migraine is related to the weather change here. My head feels full.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Well I got done with my work early. So, I am going to catch up on love, eat dinner and scrap a bit!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
Yes Mandi is a "dark sider" too! LOL I can't help myself! LOL I love paper too though.. My love for scrapping is dangerous!

• Scrap-Police Said:

Hi ya Mandy --- just saw your question when you left luv in my gallery and yes the letters on that layout are from the picture. If you use PSE it's easy --- background down first, then type your title (the bigger the letters the better) --
then put the picture on top of the letters and CTRL + G --- just like a mask -- and then you can still move the picture around to get the effect you want :+) AND good to see you again!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to annscraps

Thanks Ann. I JUST got Paint shop elements 10 for my birthday; (still using paintshop pro lol) I haven't had two seconds to sit and play with it yet though. I will definitely try it out though, and good seeing you too!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to SQ Mandi

Happy birthday, Ashley!!!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to scraprabbit

Hi Ann - good to see ya.

mandi - six oh my goodness.

Kathy -- Brian is on spring break. He'll be home for 2.5 weeks. He's doing drivers ed (god help me) next week. And then I'm sure he'll be doing C.O.D. the following week. LOL.

Ashley-- are you kidding me. I lvoe 80. Bring on 90. I love the heat. I love the sun. My nose actually got a little red today. Loved it. I'm an outdoor girl as long as it's not cold!

Tomorrow I get my new foster baby. This time it's a boy. Huge ears. Looks like a dingo. I'll post pics when I get him home. Shhhh don't tell Kevin-- he doesn't know he's getting a new baby yet. he he he

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
Hi everyone --- and I think I know at least a third of you, after reading the members list, and writing Kathy to see if "digi" is allowed This sounds like a neat thread, and thank you Kathy for letting a "dark side (digi)scrapper" join

Ann-Are you stalking me???? LOL! Lately, everywhere I go you seem to be there!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

ASHLEY-HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS SWEET THANG'!!! HOPE IT IS THE BESTEST E-V-E-R!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to NVyankee

A NEW FOSTER EILEEN??? (oops!!! Hope Kevin didn't hear that :+) That is sooo wonderful!

And Brian and spring break reminded me -- dd called tonight and was told today by her work that one week out of every five she has to fly to Austin to do training for a company her company owns. I said no way could our dear sil manage himself and the two kids for a week at a time and SHE said, "nope, they're gonna have to be adopted out -- which one is your's?" (I opted for dgs, age 14 -- much more fun than 11 dgd who is getting hormonal).

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

here a layout from my b-day
b-day By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

b-day By Southern Lady

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to NVyankee

Happy birthday, Ashley!

Kathy, I hope you're feeling better! When I have a migraine, I hide in a dark, quiet room with a pillow over my head, and everyone else hides elsewhere.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
ASHLEY-HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS SWEET THANG'!!! HOPE IT IS THE BESTEST E-V-E-R!!!!

Now you have that country song..."sweet thang" in my head!!

Off to leave love so I will be all caught up.

So fun to have a "live, talkative" group again. Just what I needed

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Okay, I guess this makes me a "dark-sider" too, or actually maybe more of a split personality since I can't give up the paper!

2012 week 6 By LyndaMarie

2012 Week 7 By LyndaMarie

Now, I have got to call it a night.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to justLyn

Kathy-sweet friend, I rebuke your stupid ol' migraine!! Feel better soon!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Claggy

(waves and runs in to drop layouts off...it's almost 4:30AM here in NYC)

The Authors By DNA301
The Story By DNA301

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to DNA301

Good morning ladies! Another late night last night and early morning. Thankfully today is hubby's last day of work for 10 days so no more getting up before dawn for me!! LOL We have plans while he is off this week to finish cleaning up the yard and to finish painting the interior part of the house. I am excited to finally be finishing that project!

I am off to get my coffee and do a little work. Only work from 6-8am this morning and then I have the hole day to scrap/nap/clean or what ever YAY!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to NVyankee

Eileen? 6 what? LOL I am kinda lost!!!
  • ncyankee Said:
Hi Ann - good to see ya.

mandi - six oh my goodness.

Kathy -- Brian is on spring break. He'll be home for 2.5 weeks. He's doing drivers ed (god help me) next week. And then I'm sure he'll be doing C.O.D. the following week. LOL.

Ashley-- are you kidding me. I lvoe 80. Bring on 90. I love the heat. I love the sun. My nose actually got a little red today. Loved it. I'm an outdoor girl as long as it's not cold!

Tomorrow I get my new foster baby. This time it's a boy. Huge ears. Looks like a dingo. I'll post pics when I get him home. Shhhh don't tell Kevin-- he doesn't know he's getting a new baby yet. he he he

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Ha ha.. Never mind. I figured it out. Jessa turning 6 in 4 months? I haven't had coffee yet lol

Yea. It's sad. Makes me wanna cry lol (Both not having coffee and Jessa turning 6) lol

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Ohhh are any of you avid readers?

I have a give away that I am hosting posted on my blog. You get a chance to win a 20.00 Barnes and noble gift card.

Giveaway :)

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning. I have no clue why I'm up so I think I will go back to bed!

Take the taxes in at 11. Then I will spend the day helping a friend set up for a crop this weekend. Then I will work the crop all day tomorrow. Need to find time to do a DT project which I think will be a scrapbook page!! Yeah I know...don't faint on me.

Have a great day!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Yay, done with work! Jessa's at school, Leandra's leaving in a few minutes for school, Natalia just finished eating and wanted to watch Beauty and the Beast (which is fine with me, she loves the Disney Princess movies) and A.J is still sleeping, so I think it's time to play a little!! Buahahaha.

Kathy... *faint*

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Here is my "dark side" scrapper coming out

2012 About me... By SQ Mandi

Done for the "a little info about me" for this group!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to SQ Mandi

Mandi - does Leandra's live with you now? So that would make 4 at home! Wow.

Took a nap and just ate breakfast. Now to get stuff done before being gone all day.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Yes. There was a period of a few months I had not heard from the girls and was not being allowed to talk to them. Finally I got tired of it and went to file papers, and got a call from social services telling me that Leandra's step mother was arrested for assaulting Leandra (Left her with two black eyes and permanent damage to one eye) and found guilty of child abuse and neglect. I was granted immediate custody of her. No one took her to the doctor, and the only reason anyone found out is because she ended up at the emergency room about a week after it happened and the doctors called child protective. Leandra has been with us since October 19th, 2011. There is more to the story, I just can't post it all in detail here. But yes. She does live with us, and from the looks of the papers I got in the mail yesterday, Ilanna may be coming down at the end of her school year too.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to SQ Mandi

Hiya? We were supposed to have an art auction tonight at Girl Scouts (to cover the money we lost when we got stuck with counterfeit money at cookie collection) but we had to move that to next week...we discovered that they changed the locks on the building where we meet...and we have no keys! (facepalm) We're hoping they'll have a key for us today otherwise we're fishsticked for tonight!

Mandi- WOW! That is one amazing (and kinda sad) course of events there.

Kathy- Hope you get whatever you need to get done...er...done!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to DNA301

Hi everyone! I do everything, I paper scrap, digi scrap, and hybrid scrap!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Mandi-- so glad Leandra is with you and that you'll all be together soon. And yes -- 6 was referring to Jessa. She looks just like my next door neighbor so I feel like I know her. Nora is just 7. And after several years here -- you feel like you watch them grow up.

Ashley -- dont face palm too hard.

Got brian home.
laundry (started)
Pancakes eaten
haircut
texted friends that he's home

In his room on PS3! All is right with the world.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

Here is my new foster baby -- he's a bit scared of Kevin (not shocking). But loves the boys. I'll have to get better pics tomorrow -- he has the biggest donkey ears. Looks like a dingo.

Cooper -- new foster baby By Ncyankee

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to justLyn

• LyndaMarie Said:
Okay, I guess this makes me a "dark-sider" too, or actually maybe more of a split personality since I can't give up the paper!

2012 week 6 By LyndaMarie

2012 Week 7 By LyndaMarie

Now, I have got to call it a night.

Oh but Lyn -- split personalities have TWICE the fun :+) And I LOVE both your paper AND your digi!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Here is my new foster baby -- he's a bit scared of Kevin (not shocking). But loves the boys. I'll have to get better pics tomorrow -- he has the biggest donkey ears. Looks like a dingo.

Oh what a sweetie Eileen! And Kevin is fine with him now that he's there :+) (AND you won't be a grandma this time!)

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to NVyankee

He is adorable!! I want him! LOL
We have 3 foster cats, our dog passed away a few days after Christmas (some one let him out of the back gate and he got hit by a car), and we were thinking about once the girls (foster cats) leave, fostering a dog to see if we can find one we really like.
  • ncyankee Said:

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to DNA301

Yea. It is sad. All those horror stories you hear of kids being abused, you never think it would happen or could happen to your kids, Kwim?

Counterfeit money for cookies? WOW that's nuts!
  • DNA301 Said:
Hiya? We were supposed to have an art auction tonight at Girl Scouts (to cover the money we lost when we got stuck with counterfeit money at cookie collection) but we had to move that to next week...we discovered that they changed the locks on the building where we meet...and we have no keys! (facepalm) We're hoping they'll have a key for us today otherwise we're fishsticked for tonight!

Mandi- WOW! That is one amazing (and kinda sad) course of events there.

Kathy- Hope you get whatever you need to get done...er...done!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to NVyankee

Thanks! We are happy she is here too! It has been a bit trying but is getting easier. When Ilanna comes we have to watch out for her .. they live in the middle of the ghetto. When I say ghetto I mean ghetto.. at least twice a week I hear about a stabbing or shooting or some kind of crime with in 2 blocks of their house. Ilanna is starting to get the "ghetto" (Not trying to sound offensive, but it's the only way I know how to put it) attitude. She has been expelled from 2 of the schools in the district, just in the past 3 weeks she has been suspended twice from the school she is in now, and if she gets suspended one more time they will expel her from the district. She is a trouble maker, and has a mouth on her. I am sure in time- just like Leandra, we can break the bad habits, but it just worries me that she is 11 and causing this much trouble. We will deal with her when that time comes though.

• ncyankee Said:
Mandi-- so glad Leandra is with you and that you'll all be together soon. And yes -- 6 was referring to Jessa. She looks just like my next door neighbor so I feel like I know her. Nora is just 7. And after several years here -- you feel like you watch them grow up.

Ashley -- dont face palm too hard.

Got brian home.
laundry (started)
Pancakes eaten
haircut
texted friends that he's home

In his room on PS3! All is right with the world.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi ladies! Had a long day. Almost was an accident. I avoided being hit by speeding up and pulling up on a lawn but the lady behind me was not so lucky. Ended up sitting there for almost 2 hours giving my statement to the police. The girl that hit the woman behind me, according to the paramedics most likely had a broken knee cap, and the woman behind me had a dislocated collar bone. Other than that, the cars were pretty messed up- totaled if I didn't know better, but everyone was okay other wise.

Well I am off to get some things done and relax. I have a photo shoot in the morning and then am having company. I will check in as soon as I can!!
Have a great night!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to SQ Mandi

well cook dinner then after that help my husban with the trees that he cut the brnaches to make the appler tree have more apples and the cherry tree.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

The crop is a fundraiser at a local school for one of their programs. We got tables for 60 set up and the store supplies set up. I'm pooped. Have to get up early as I have to leave by 715. I don't know mornings unless it is on MY time frame. It goes till 5 then we have to take down everything we put up today.

Eileen - is he part corgy? he looks like it but longer legs like he was mixed with a taller dog. His name is Cooper....how sweet. I miss my Cooper. I saw pictures of him last night and started crying. He was my first ever dog...and I was 25.

Okay off to bed.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

AWWW -- Well Kathy I hope he lives up to the name. Yes the ears look corgi. But the body is taller and thinner. Now he's probably at least 10-15 lbs underweight (I wish it was me!). He's a PURE Bred mix breed! LOL.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to NVyankee

good morning. hope everyone has a nice saturday. it cold and windy here.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Happy Saturday! Not sure what I'm doing today other than going to the dance studio to teach my pointe class. The main instructor is leaving early today so I have to teach the class alone for the last ten minutes of class...hopefully they'll listen to me this time LOL!

Eileen- Wicked cute doggie! He totally does have a dingo vibe about him!

Kathy- Good luck with the crop!

Mandi- Yikes on the accident...glad you didn't get hurt!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to justLyn

• LyndaMarie Said:

So, I would say you are a "Bi-Polar" scrapper-

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

Mandi-I'm a teacher (23 yrs)and have only ever worked in the "ghetto." I hope you can get your daughter out of that situation, the sooner the better. I can't tell you how difficult it is for kids who latch on to that attitude. Be prepared for lots of drama and anger. I would also advise that you have a family therapist ready to work with her and all the family. It will not be easy for anyone. Saying prayers for you in advance.

Danielle-I am jealous that you have fruit trees!

Ashley-you have the strangest luck! No keys, really! Hope pointe class goes well.

Kathy-good luck with the fund raiser!

I'm not feeling well today. It's cold and my stupid body hurts and aches all over. No energy and just plain tired. These are the moments I remember I have arthritis. Oh, and stupid allergies. We had to take the doggie to the vet today. I'm afraid he may have a liver problem. It happened with our Domino. He has a very strong smell of bile. I'm constantly cleaning him because he reeks. Kent cleaned the living room, dining room and hall carpets. Hopefully, our house won't reek too!! I so want wood or tile floors.

Edited by Claggy on 03-03-12 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Claggy

well i need to take my dog to the vet but i think i do it next week she need a few shots. well when my husban gets back from doing the tax we are going to finsh cut the trees while he is on a larder me i can't i am afraid of heights. tomorrow might go to the movies yea

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to DNA301

• DNA301 Said:

Eileen- Wicked cute doggie! He totally does have a dingo vibe about him!

And his ears get us free satellite TV!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to NVyankee

Well I had a rough day. DS is in his school play and I volunteered for the cast party just like I did last year and somehow I ended up organizing the entire thing! I just wanted to be a helper. It all worked out in the end, but it was a bit stressful. Now I don't get to relax because I have to go from planning that party to planning DS's birthday party!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Ahhh -- the joys of volunteering. Deb I feel your pain. I'm so glad my boys are in hs -- I was so sick of parents not stepping up and helping. But Brandon will remember (make sure you scrap it!) that his mom was there helping.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Claggy

Thanks Nancy.
We do have a councilor that Leandra sees and then we see together as a family- she is more than prepared to take on Ilanna. Leandra had some what of a "ghetto" tude with her when she came here, but she quickly learned that unless she wanted to go to military school (my mom and dad offered to pay for it) that she needed to cut it..it took from October to January/Februaryish to break her of it but it worked.

• Claggy Said:
Mandi-I'm a teacher (23 yrs)and have only ever worked in the "ghetto." I hope you can get your daughter out of that situation, the sooner the better. I can't tell you how difficult it is for kids who latch on to that attitude. Be prepared for lots of drama and anger. I would also advise that you have a family therapist ready to work with her and all the family. It will not be easy for anyone. Saying prayers for you in advance.

Danielle-I am jealous that you have fruit trees!

Ashley-you have the strangest luck! No keys, really! Hope pointe class goes well.

Kathy-good luck with the fund raiser!

I'm not feeling well today. It's cold and my stupid body hurts and aches all over. No energy and just plain tired. These are the moments I remember I have arthritis. Oh, and stupid allergies. We had to take the doggie to the vet today. I'm afraid he may have a liver problem. It happened with our Domino. He has a very strong smell of bile. I'm constantly cleaning him because he reeks. Kent cleaned the living room, dining room and hall carpets. Hopefully, our house won't reek too!! I so want wood or tile floors.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Hubby brought me home a early Mother's Day gift today- A Ragamuffin kitten! She is only around 4 weeks old and so very tiny- yet so very sweet!!

I need help picking a name for her though. I have a poll up on my blog if you ladies would like to see pics and help name her.

Here is the link for that New Kitten Post

I am off to check on dinner- but I will be back later for chatter!! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to SQ Mandi

Mandi-I voted on your poll. Good luck naming the cutie! I'm glad you have your ducks in row. Sorry if I over stepped, but I see a lot of families in turmoil and the parents don't have the skills to make it right. If they just went to a counselor, things would get better. Typically, they don't and things get worse. Good luck sweetie!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Claggy

Thank you!
No.. you didn't over step at all. I value the opinions of friends, especially ones with experience, so again, thank you.
  • Claggy Said:
Mandi-I voted on your poll. Good luck naming the cutie! I'm glad you have your ducks in row. Sorry if I over stepped, but I see a lot of families in turmoil and the parents don't have the skills to make it right. If they just went to a counselor, things would get better. Typically, they don't and things get worse. Good luck sweetie!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to SQ Mandi

Morning -- pouring again! UGH.
Mandi -- I voted in the poll. What a cutie.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to NVyankee

Morning!

Well, yesterday was proof that I'm not as young as I use to be!! 10 hours on my feet and bending over a table made me feel it last night. Better this morning so that is good.

Have a great day.

Page 1 of 25 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics