Page 25 of 25 
Username Post: Creative Therapy(2) - (COF) - *no longer active        (Topic#1571271)
DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Scrap-Time

Hiya? Going to NYComicCon in the morning...it's my one day a year to just totally embrace my geek side (not that I don't every day but it's my chance to geek out with other geeks doing the same)...I'm hoping to get into two panels this year...one for the 50th Anniversary of "Doctor Who" and the other for the shows "Once Upon a Time"/"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" (because I am utterly obsessed with them). I'm not holding my breath on that one though since it's in the main theater and I always get locked out of panels in there.

Here's what I've been up to since I can't get at my Cricut to work on my Disney album (my mom has benches on the couch...I need to move said couch to get my Cricut):

Rainbow Loom Bracelets By DNA301

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to DNA301

Ashley-How was Comicon and the meeting with the recruiter?

Kathy-Hope those migraines are staying away. I say a prayer for you every day.

Looking forward to a short work week coming up. 3 school days, 1 training day and a 4 day weekend! I love fall break! The weather is finally starting to change. Cool nights and warm days-just the way I like it!

Enjoy your weekend ladies.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to Claggy

Hi everyone, I actually went to a crop yesterday, first one in over a year. It's been rainy and miserable here all week.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to autumngold

Hiya? NY ComicCon was...fair...this year. I've been to better Conventions and I've, definitely, been to worse. The day started with me and about 100 other Whovians getting locked out of the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary panel...that almost started a riot. I was about to give up on panels for the rest of the day but my mom was like "You look forward to 'Once Upon a Time' more than anything all week. We're getting into that panel." We wound up waiting through two panels I didn't want to see but we got seats for the "Once Upon a Time"/ "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" panel and it was so worth it...Jennifer Morrison (who plays Emma Swan on "Once Upon a Time") put in a surprise appearance...even my mom was excited about that.

My other highlight was getting to meet one of my favorite authors. There's this book series called "The Looking Glass Wars" and a spin off graphic novel series about a character called "Hatter M." by this author named Frank Beddor. He had a booth at this year's NYCC and I needed to get the latest Hatter M. graphic novel so I stopped by. I was doing the browsing and the booth attendant asked if I knew anything about the series...I told him that I'm a huge fan of it and had read all the books and graphic novels except the newest one. The author was there and he autographed my copy of the graphic novel, took a picture with me, and thanked me for being a loyal "Alyssian"(Have I mentioned my obsession with "Alice in Wonderland?" LOL!)

Nancy- The meeting with the recruiter went well. He really seemed like he wanted to help. I've hooked up with a second recruiting agency as well...I'm hoping these produce some results.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

Sorry I been Mia we still don't have the net

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to southern lady

Apologies for the bomb, I've been working on my mom's birthday gift:
The Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Cover By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Inside Cover Side 1 By DNA301

Baby Monster's Field Spotter's Guide Inside Cover Side 2 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 1 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 2 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 3 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 4 By DNA301

Baby Monster's Field Spotter's Guide Page 5 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 6 By DNA301

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to DNA301

Part 2...

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 7 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 8 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 9 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 10 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 11 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Page 12 By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide Inside Back Cover By DNA301

Baby Monsters Field Spotter's Guide About the Authors By DNA301

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to DNA301

Hi ladies, I've been MIA for a while, got back from our Caribbean vacation last week and have just been too lazy to do anything. I'm slowly getting back in the grove of things. Will have to do some catching up.

Have a great weekend

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to Tena E.

Sorry I haven't been on here much. Things have been crazy busy ever since the car slammed into the building I work in. I've been falling asleep on the couch as soon as I get home from work almost every night. Just exhausted. Now I am prepping for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short) in November. Hoping to write a sequel to the novel I wrote during NaNoWriMo 2011.

Also there is some news on the baby front. Monday morning my husband and I are going into the doctor for an IUI. Which is pretty much insemination using my husbands sperm. The doctor has no idea why I am not getting pregnant. This is kind of a last resort. We cannot afford IVF so if this doesn't work then I guess we just have to accept that we will never have children.

Well I am on my lunch so I better get back to work.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Scrapnut16

Hiya? Went to teach dance today...there was some kind of drama on Friday (wasn't privy to what it was since I'm not a Friday dancer or assistant...and I'm out of the loop anyway...and I like it there)...I just tried to duck and cover and keep focused on the kids since the other instructors were too busy with the gossiping about whatever took place Friday. (The only instructor I like working with comes in at 12:15...he's the one who teaches most of my classes and he runs his classes like a military operation...the kids have fun but they learn stuff and he doesn't let them fool around)

Susan- Saying prayers for you! Hope everything goes well!

Tena- Hope you had a good vacation!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to DNA301

Susan, I'm doing NaNoWriMo also! I'm still working on the novel I started for last year's NaNoWriMo. I didn't get very far. My name on the board is autumncat if you want to friend me.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Susan and Deb- How does NaNoWriMo work? I've always wanted to try it but I don't actually understand how it works other than you have to write something LOL!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to DNA301

Ashley, you start writing a novel beginning Nov 1. The goal is 50,000 words by midnight on Nov 30. If you get 50,000 words or more than you are a winner! No prizes or anything...just the satisfaction of having a written novel. I have only won once. They have a website that gives you more information. nanowrimo.org

You should check it out!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• autumngold Said:
Susan, I'm doing NaNoWriMo also! I'm still working on the novel I started for last year's NaNoWriMo. I didn't get very far. My name on the board is autumncat if you want to friend me.

My name on the board is skohne16. I'll look for you.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Susan, I found you!

Ashley, it's completely free so you don't lose anything by joining in. It's fun to track your progress every day, at least until you get behind. Last year Thanksgiving derailed me. The boards are good, if you get stuck you can get help. In my area they have a big get-together to get everyone psyched up, it was fun last year except for the screaming toddlers so I'm not going this year.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

We have a big get-together in our area too for Nano. Unfortunately I have never been able to go. I did attend a write in though. Got quite a bit done and that was without a laptop. This year if I go I will have my laptop.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• autumngold Said:
Susan, I found you!

Ashley, it's completely free so you don't lose anything by joining in. It's fun to track your progress every day, at least until you get behind. Last year Thanksgiving derailed me. The boards are good, if you get stuck you can get help. In my area they have a big get-together to get everyone psyched up, it was fun last year except for the screaming toddlers so I'm not going this year.

I just found you!!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

I take it you can't use something you already have 50,000 words for, right? The story I'm working on is over 50,000 words long already LOL!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to DNA301

Ashley, if you're adding another 50000 words why not! Just call it it part 2. I think you're only breaking the rules if you count what you've already written.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

reading along

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Got a call from one of the recruiters today...they may have an interview for me to go on. They said they'll let me know by Friday...all they could tell me was that it was an entry level position at a reference lab (as opposed to a hospital lab).

I keep wanting to scrap my Disney pictures but I have no colored ink (facepalm) so I've been making Rainbow Loom bracelets and playing "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag."

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello sorry I been mia
we just got the net today. I am very lonely out here by my self. but head to cali for thanksgiving

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I have an interview tomorrow at a reference lab for a Cytogenetics position...I'm not holding out much hope, really, because my Cytogenetics rotation was all of 10 days and I didn't learn a bloody thing because the lab hated the fact they had to deal with a student. I figured I might as well go just so I feel like doing something.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to DNA301

Girls, I hate to do this but I'm no longer a good member of this group as life has me in too many directions. I'm going to close this group down but if someone wants to take it over and start it again feel free. I will miss you all. I will try to sneak by and say hi to you now and then.

Ashley - I'm interested in your job hunt.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

oh bummer I like this group and meet all the people. have a nice Tuesday

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Darn it. I just got back.

Page 25 of 25 
Permissions Topic Options