Page 2 of 17 
Username Post: Clsd /Spring Cigar Box and Mini Album        (Topic#1571303)
Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Sassie

Sassie do you still want to join? Once you do this one with no flaking of course then you will be able to join other of my swaps without a problem....

Edited by Martica on 03-03-12 09:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Can't wait to partner everyone tomorrow.....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

Woo Hoo, tomorrow is the big day.

Stormydog
Diva
Stormydog
In response to DKravec

What time tomorrow Martica, I'm excited. I've ordered new paper and found a new cigar box, that's the perfect size.

Is everyone okay after a terrible night of storms, very scary!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Stormydog

Just a mini storm came thru our area.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to DKravec

Hi ladies.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

I've got my box and bought new Prima spring papers for my mini and box. Depending on who my partner is, I may change my paper collection to match her style. I'll just have to be patient and see. So excited!!!

I'm very excited to see who I'm partnered with this time around! I got Lenny in the last swap and what an awesome happy match that was for me Martica. BTW, I don't mind international either...I'm easy too! Although after watching how long it takes to get things delivered to Canada you may want to back your deadline for Canadian players up by three weeks! I'd sure hate to see you "Angel" this swap when something is actually still floating around in the mail system. Ugh...I'm sure you've had that happen before!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to pennysan

• pennysan Said:
Martica,

Please put me down for NO international.

I'd be willing to take Laura as a partner and would not ask for an angel should she flake.

penny

Penny, You're so sweet to offer this to a new friend. I sure hope Laura takes you up on your gracious offer as I'm sure she would be welcomed by the other ladies! I certainly would welcome her participation. After being in this last swap with 40 ladies playing, I can easily see why Martica has a few important rule she tries to follow. She doesn't like to have disappointed friend's and really is a genuine "Angel" when it comes to keeping her swaps so special. I know she's just trying to keep the swap successful for everyone involved, including herself. Can't blame her for that.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Dawna.s Place

Hi Dawn thanks for the tip, I did mention that international ladies have to mail at least 2 weeks earlier.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Boy I see you all are excited to start this one.....hehehe

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Starr you are funny.....It will be sometime tomorrow as soon as Im able too. If I see that tonight no one else joins I will partner everyone but I rather do it tomorrow. To give everyone a chance to join.

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29
In response to Martica

Covering chipboard.... Ugh, not my best idea to use a scallop circle chipboard album. The filing is driving me to drink! ;). I'm sticking to square shapes from now on! LOL!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Phonechic29

I really really want to do this BUT I will be going on vacation plus I have 3 events all in the next two months. One being over 400 folks!!! I am so tempted that I even went to mike's, picked out paper and stood on line. At the last minute I decided that I need to stick to small projects for the time being. But my heart is here with you gals. Big hugs!!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to theellenbee

Hey girlies!

Seems my hand does not want to cooperate and allow me to play; but I'll be following you all and join in the anticipation of all the lovely creations!

Have a wonderful weekend.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to Linnny

Martica,I think I am going to have to pass on this one,I will do your next one,Joy

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Linnny

I'll be your local "stalker" again for this swap as well. Look forward to seeing all the beautiful work by you ladies!!!
Remember... someone is "watching" you!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to laceyKat

Just stopping by to see if anything new is going on. Looking forward to being partnered.

Hi ya Kat.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to DKravec

So I went to my only cigar store in the city and got 5 boxes. $2/box I figure was a great deal. I took them all because I was not sure on the size LOL. Well the largest one is just under 6" width but plenty deep at all most 3". The chipboard mini I picked up will fit perfectly in the box. Now to check on the spring stacks I as to be sent to see if they are on their way and to start planning!

Can't wait to see who I am partnered up with tomorrow! It will be my first Mini!!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to Drayia

sigh I love your swaps too much to say no. I can not get into my local po during normal hours so I have to say no to international. Too bad there was not 2 in canada to trade might get there faster. LOL

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to hvn101

Dont want to trade with another Canadian it cost alot more to ship within my own country, cheaper to send to the States and the time is about the same. Goes to show you that Canada's post sucks all around LOL.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to MrsAnnieS

Heather Im assuming you want to join so I added you....let me know if I assumed wrong.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Phonechic29

• Phonechic29 Said:
Covering chipboard.... Ugh, not my best idea to use a scallop circle chipboard album. The filing is driving me to drink! ;). I'm sticking to square shapes from now on! LOL!

Jennifer I figured out on how to not have to do that, I paint the edges and cut out paper a tad smaller then chipboard so that it will have a tiny painted edge and no filing.....

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to Martica

Great idea. Yes your correct. PO is so sad everywhere lately. I will ask but I will guess it is stupid question. Is it our choice or our partners on the theme?

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to hvn101

Whichever when you get your partner you can discuss it with her. It is a spring swap thow.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love spring and fall. We really don't have seasons in FL. LOL

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to AuntJo

I had re-thought this & decided yes. If i can make it an even number, Im not trying to complicate anything. Just wanting to enjoy great art, share my skill's and joys of making another person happy via my art'ish ways.

If i do make it an un-even number Miss Penny I dont mind making you something from my heart. You see i have tonS of new stuff (even stuff Ive not spoken of yet) to play with

Edited by Sassie on 03-03-12 06:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Sassie

Just checking in before I crawl into bed for the night.

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps
In response to DKravec

Welcome Laure & Heather.

princess61
Diva
princess61
In response to throwscraps

Well I've been going back and foward, but I've just got too much on my plate. To satisfy my passion for mini albums I'll eventually have to do one. Just love the idea with the box. Thanks for the invite though.

Stormydog
Diva
Stormydog
In response to princess61

Good morning, martica It's Sunday! Can't wait to meet my partner!

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to Stormydog

I be stalking you all ,too! to see all your great stuff!!!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to joydee1963

It's partnering time.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to DKravec

Good morning.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Good morning ladies.....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to MrsAnnieS

OK ladies I am in need of one more person if anyone knows of someone that would like to join please let them know....I will come back later......

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Martica

Good morning!!! I share your excitement in finding out who is partnered! This is so different than having a secret sister. A SS adds to the suspense for months!!! Not sure which I like better. OK...carry on....

made with tlc
Idol
made with tlc
In response to Drayia

Mornin Girls ...I am painting my cigar box today. I am waiting for my order of paper to arrive. DH is gonna freak out. I am hoping it will come while he is at work!! Then I can squirrel it away and he will be none the wiser. Is that bad???!!!

Linny and kat you can be my angels looking over my shoulder any time you want homies

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Linnny

Oh don't we keep our partner a secret? Why not? Just curious, it's so much fun that way!!! I can't wai to find out who she is!!! I'm so excited for the day!!!

Laura...Welcome! I look forward to seeing your lovely creations!!!

Linny...I just know your frustrated at your hand right now. we may have to create a "patient stalker's gift" for you this time around! I just know you'll be watching us and drooling over the lovely creations!!! Stay strong girlfriend!!!

I've been trying to pick everyone's brains this morning on how to work with tattered angles spray. I can't seem to keep it from heaving my work. I've tried ironing, without much success. And I tried standing back for that layered effect, what a gawd awful mess I created! Gurrr...Anybody have any insight as to how to use this stuff and keep the heaving to a minimum? I love it's beautiful sparkle, but I'm really getting annoyed with the wobbles!!! Gurrr...Help would be appreciated if you can offer up your tips!!! Thanks much...hugs!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to made with tlc

Martica, as long as it isn't international I will help you out because I once was a girl scout and I adore you!!!!

Edited by theellenbee on 03-04-12 08:57 AM. Reason for edit: left out the word HELP :-)

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

Speaking of irons now that someones mentioned it. Whats the best craft iron out there? Ive not even seen one except for Heidis which is for ribbon?? Id really like to get my hands on one ... Im going shopping again today at M's & J's so maybe I'll find one

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Sassie

Yay Ellen, now we have an even number can get our partners. Awesome.

Sassy, is Laura your real name? I'm afraid I don't know anything about crafting irons. In fact, I didn't even know there was such a thing. I learn something new everyday and now I'm sure I'm going to find a reason to need one.

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to Sassie

Dawna, I had the same problem with the Perfect Pearl Mist on my last lo. I just bought another piece of paper and did without the sparkles. The girl at Archivers suggested I iron out the warped wrinkles but I haven't tried to do that yet.

I'm so glad Sassie/Laura is with us now!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to pennysan

I'm so delighted you came to Laura's rescue Penny. You're such a sweet friend! I've tried ironing my work but the heat from the iron still leaves it warped on a 12 x 12. Not so much on tags, but a lo, for sure. So far I've been told to: use very little, blow dry the front and back, affix with lot's of glue and use the heaviest papers for misting.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
Speaking of irons now that someones mentioned it. Whats the best craft iron out there? Ive not even seen one except for Heidis which is for ribbon?? Id really like to get my hands on one ... Im going shopping again today at M's & J's so maybe I'll find one

Amazon has a lot of travel/craft irons. They actually have one for $4.95 with 50 cents shipping. For 5 bucks....work a try. I tried linking it, but it is bringing my whole account over! It's called:
BestDealUSA Mini Crafting Micro Craft Iron Red Travel Portable New
by BestDealUSA

I'll probably order one "just because"

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Sassie

EllenB thanks so much I will put you down, now I have an even number Yay!!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

Yay, I'm home now and glued to the computer until I hear who my partner will be.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

I just realized I need one more person.....Can you all take a look at the list and make sure you are there please.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Martica

Martica, if you really don't need me...I thought my joining was helping out, but I'll leave it up to you.

Martica
Queen
Martica

I need you big time....

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Martica

Hi Everyone,
Waiting patiently for our partners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to pinkalicious

Just a little longer.....

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Martica

JCI do we keep our partners a secret or not?

Martica
Queen
Martica

No not a secret this time. You will be partnered with each other.... I am going in there now and revealing your partners I finally got the last participant....

Edited by Martica on 03-04-12 02:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Martica

So happy to be a part of this swap!!!

Can't wait to know how my partner is..

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to MrsAnnieS

Drumroll please tataatata: you are finally partnered......

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

You will be able to discuss each others box and minis so go have fun everyone.....

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

I am so excited. I do not know my partner so it is time to introduce myself. I need to run to the store first so I have stuff for dinner tonight but then I am coming home and popping over to my new partners gallery for a look and to say hi.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Martica

Thanks Martica. Bon you and I are partners. I will send you a pm.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hello Rosalland2000,

We have never met so I am Heather.

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc

Whoo-hoo! Drayia is my partner! I'm so excited. Off to check her gallery!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to denayc

Well hello denayc, looks like we are partners. This will be my first mini so I hope I make it a great and wonderful surprise for you! Off to check out your gallery. One thing before I do that. I like to try and use colours you like so give me 2-3 of your favourite colours please.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Drayia

Hi Maggieanne,
Glad to see you're my partner!

roselland2000
Resident
roselland2000
In response to hvn101

Hello Heather!! I'm Roseland I live in Arlington Texas I love all types of style but if I had to choose I would say sophisticated chic if that's a style!! Lol I like Teresa Collins Tom Holtz MMM, heidi swapp dcwv! I love picture frames in my albums, tags, and I do a lot of folds. When all said n done you will have a very chuncky album !! Tell me a little about your style?

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to Drayia

• Drayia Said:
Well hello denayc, looks like we are partners. This will be my first mini so I hope I make it a great and wonderful surprise for you! Off to check out your gallery. One thing before I do that. I like to try and use colours you like so give me 2-3 of your favourite colours please.

Drayia;

I don't really have a favourite color(s). I love them all. My clothes lean toward pinks, teals, purples & burgundys. My bedroom is decorated in burgundy, gold, cream and brown and my bathroom is done in various shades of purple and rose. Not to make things difficult for you, but I'm sure whatever you make I will love.

I know from reading your blog you love purple and silver, are there other colors you like? Also, would it be alright with you if I use a couple of paper collections (depending on your colors)?

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to denayc

denayc,

Purple and Silver tend to be the colours I have displayed in my scrap area as they are my favourite but I also love teals, blues, pinks etc. The only colours I am not fond of are Neons, I was an 80's kid been there done that sort of thing LOL.

Use what every paper collections you wish and style too. I love to be surrounded by may different styles it inspires me to try different things. I am very easy to please because I LOVE handmade.

I will know better what colours to use for you once my new spring stacks arrive! Hope they come soon so I can start on a colour scheme. I have some wonderful lace, flowers, fabric and trim to use. Can't wait to start, my paper needs to arrive LOL.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to MrsAnnieS

Martica my partner is mishay36, sorry who is she. Don't see a sign up from her or any post here, please give me here info so I can contact her.
Thanks!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne hold on I might of wrote her name wrong....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Here it is Yvonne:

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=profiles...

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to Drayia

Drayia;

I'm exactly the same. I love being surrounded by different styles and am always trying something new. You can't learn if you don't try!

Can't wait to get started!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to denayc

Thanks for the partnering, Martica!

Amy, hope you're ok with "partnering" with me again!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Scrap Smart

I am so excited to have dear Throws as my partner!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to MrsAnnieS

Susie did I partner you with same person as before If you like I can try to change you?

Edited by Martica on 03-04-12 05:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pinkalicious

Yea, my name is Laura. Nice to "meet" everyone
Yes Ive heard the same about the craft iron's and Ive seen Tim Holtz use it a time or to. I found one at J'an's for $9.00 and walmart actually but no coupon so no buy *yet* LOL Im sure I wont use it always but for my tags n the ribbon i stored in a otgal shape had kinks in it ... I heard a curling iron works for this to but I dont own one of those either LOL! So I guess I'll wait for a iron!

Again ty for allowing me to join & extra special TY to Penny! Ya got many 'a ty coming your way

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to MrsAnnieS

Susie,
I am perfectly fine having you as a partner! If you would rather partner with someone you haven't had yet, Im ok with that too!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to MrsAnnieS

Amy where are you? I sent you a pm.....

Edited by Martica on 03-04-12 06:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

Going to get busy on my box and album now that I know how who my partner is.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Have fun Deb, I am waiting to see if my partner comes on soon.I wish we had a chatroom here....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

I agree, that would be nice.

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps
In response to DKravec

MrsAnnieS are you my partner? I haven't gotten an official PM from Martica.

Martica
Queen
Martica

I don't really send pms Throws there is to many of you, go to 1st page and you will see who your partner is.....

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps
In response to Martica

oh sorry i didnt know that. going to 1st page now. thanks.

Martica
Queen
Martica

No problem Throws.....

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to Martica

Sorry Martica, I had checked in on my cell phone when I sent my last message. I did get your pm and I responded to it. Cant wait to get started!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to afilatreau

Great we are all set I hope.....now lets have fun creating and making new friends....

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to roselland2000

• roselland2000 Said:
Hello Heather!! I'm Roseland I live in Arlington Texas I love all types of style but if I had to choose I would say sophisticated chic if that's a style!! Lol I like Teresa Collins Tom Holtz MMM, heidi swapp dcwv! I love picture frames in my albums, tags, and I do a lot of folds. When all said n done you will have a very chuncky album !! Tell me a little about your style?

Hello Roseland.. I just was reading the posts and see that you are so close to me!!! I live in Fort Worth. I can't remember if we talked before or not.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to auntieant

YAY!!!! You all are partnered...now, get thinkin and get workin!!! Can't wait to see what you all create. Hope to be a part of the next swap...there will be a next..right!!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-05-12 12:04 AM

• ILOVEPAPILLONS Said:

HAPPY DANCING IN MY COWGIRL BOOTS I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH MY WONDERFUL PARTNER!!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED GLENDA!!!! SEND AS MANY PM'S AS YOU'D LIKE!!! I WANT TO KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT YOU AS POSSIBLE!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO STILL DANCING!!!!!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:
Have fun Deb, I am waiting to see if my partner comes on soon.I wish we had a chatroom here....

Sorry I had company last night and didn't get back to the computer till well, the middle of the night! Up again at weird hours, now I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep! I am so thrilled to be your partner Martica!!! I'm over the top excited to get started...I wish we had a chat room too!!!

provinca
Governor
provinca

Good morning ladies.

Thanks for the friend request Lorna. Looking forward to getting to know you -- and all you other super-talented ladies!!

Hmmmm. . . do you think I'd get in trouble if I left work "ill" and went home to get started on my mini?????? That's what I'd really love to do!

Have a good day all!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
YAY!!!! You all are partnered...now, get thinkin and get workin!!! Can't wait to see what you all create. Hope to be a part of the next swap...there will be a next..right!!!!!

Awe Linny, we are going to miss your beautiful creation in this swap. Get better quick and we look forward to seeing you in the next swap.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:
  • ILOVEPAPILLONS Said:

HAPPY DANCING IN MY COWGIRL BOOTS I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH MY WONDERFUL PARTNER!!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED GLENDA!!!! SEND AS MANY PM'S AS YOU'D LIKE!!! I WANT TO KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT YOU AS POSSIBLE!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO STILL DANCING!!!!!

Me too, me too, yoo hoo, yoo hoo

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Good morning ladies.

Thanks for the friend request Lorna. Looking forward to getting to know you -- and all you other super-talented ladies!!

Hmmmm. . . do you think I'd get in trouble if I left work "ill" and went home to get started on my mini?????? That's what I'd really love to do!

Have a good day all!

Yes Anna, off you go. I agree it would be nice to get stuck into our creations and not have to work.

made with tlc
Idol
made with tlc

I feel a major epidemic of scrapitis coming on.

The only cure for it is large doses of paper, adhesive and embellies. I think I might have a very bad case of it. I feel terrible gotta go scrap ..no no no I mean rest!!

Joy Kacal
Idol
Joy Kacal

JCI, gone all weekend. So excited.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Joy Kacal

Did I mention how excited I was that I've got Martica!!! Nervous too...yikes! But now I'm not so sure I want to use the spring Prima papers I bought. I loved the Sun Kissed line, so springy! I'm thinking about the new G45's instead. Like Old Curiosity Shoppe or Kraft with one of those adorable Kraft paper bag mini's. Oh my choices, choices, choices...Martica, what's your preference darlin? G45 or Spring? Quirky Vintage or Shabby?

Martica
Queen
Martica

• made with tlc Said:

The only cure for it is large doses of paper, adhesive and embellies. I think I might have a very bad case of it. I feel terrible gotta go scrap ..no no no I mean rest!!

I always have attacks of scrapitis especially in the middle of the night....

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:

Thanks Martica, sent her a PM and a friend req.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Euroalien

Got all my pages in my album covered.... that's a start... time for the fun part...

roselland2000
Resident
roselland2000
In response to auntieant

That's great I need a crafting buddy close by! Maybe we can get together and craft together come up with some new techniques?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

• made with tlc Said:

I have lots of paper doctors that can take care of this issue Tracy. There's even one here on this site. Here's a link to it but be careful, this doctor can get very expensive.
http://store.scrapbook.com/new-products.php

Page 2 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics