Username Post: March *One Month At A Time* Challenge        (Topic#1571383)
laurink
Idol
laurink

Welcome to the "One Month At A Time" Challenge!

Every month we'll be working on scrapping photos from that particular month and every week we'll post a new series of challenges to use on your montly photos.

And now it's MARCH! Our fifth month of this challenge! It's the time of the year to bust out greens and shamrocks and some springtime creativity!

This month, we're working with photos you've taken in March ONLY, it can be from any year, last year, this year, ten years ago - whatever! The pics just has to be from March.

Each week I'll post 4 things you need to include in your layout. Then we'll take the week to post our layouts (with our awesome March photos) and share some love and some work together!

You can post any week's LO at any point, just make sure you tell me which week your layout is for.

Sign-ups will be open all month, you can join at any time!

At the end, we'll do a vote for our favourite layout from the challenge and I'll send you a little something!

Any questions, just ask!

Edited by laurink on 03-20-12 04:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

The Players:

laurink
jadebrit
lisa
megan ann
Chile_chicken
Sally

Edited by laurink on 03-03-12 03:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

This is where you can view the weekly challenges. The pages must be completed with MARCH pictures, but they can be from anytime during the month. The only reason we're separating the weeks here is to see the challenges I give out for the layouts to have :).

The new challenges will always be posted by Sunday nights or Monday mornings at the latest!

The Challenges per Week:

WEEK 1:
1. Something green
2. 1,2,3 (1 of something, 2 of something, 3 of something; for example 1 word title, 2 photos, 3 types of paper)
3. Handwritten journaling
4. A black & white photo OR a photo in an unconventional size (minis, 5x7, etc)

WEEK 2:

1. A leaf - could be a cloverleaf (shamrock) or it could be another kind of leaf!
2. The word luck in your title or journaling
3. The colours of the Irish flag included somewhere on your layout (orange, white & green)
4. a four word title, to go with the fact that a 4-leaf-clover is the lucky cloverleaf

WEEK 3:

1. A flower or a plant - it's springtime! (Can be on your paper, a sticker, a doodle, any flower or plant will count!)
2. Something textured (a piece of fabric, an embossed stamp, etc)
3. Part of your title should be handmade - one word could be handwritten or drawn on your page, you could handcut some title letters, etc etc
4. Use at least three patterned papers or cardstocks on your layout in some way

WEEK 4:

1. photos from a trip our outing of some kind
2. at least 25 words about the outing
3. an embellishment that's an object (like a flower or a sutcase diecut, etc)

Edited by laurink on 03-29-12 07:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

The Entries:

WEEK ONE:

MARCH likes By Megan Ann

Birdwatching By Dancinirish90

*Early independence By Lookin4newideas

Yoga, Strike a Pose By Msmama

WEEK TWO:

That Lucky Irish Holiday By Dancinirish90

How Lucky and I? By Msmama

WEEK THREE:

*My Little Sweet Peas By Lookin4newideas

WEEK FOUR:

Stop at Burnt Bridge By Dancinirish90

Edited by laurink on 03-29-12 07:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Week 1 Challenge:

1. Something green
2. 1,2,3 (1 of something, 2 of something, 3 of something; for example 1 word title, 2 photos, 3 types of paper)
3. Handwritten journaling
4. A black & white photo OR a photo in an unconventional size (minis, 5x7, etc)

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

i'm in

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to jadebrit

Me too!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to dancinirish90

Sounds like another great month! I'm in!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Megan Ann

yay three great additions to the players list!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to laurink

I am in this month!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to chile_chicken

jci

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jadebrit

I'm in again!

BrendaDougherty
Veteran
BrendaDougherty
In response to Lookin4newideas

hmmm sounds like fun!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to BrendaDougherty

I need to rap up this LO I'm working on and put the finishing touches on it so I can start on this challenge!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to jadebrit

I'd like to play again

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to msmama

I'm digging for some March pictures! I'd like to play! Really looking forward to April as I have several Spring Break picts that need to be done.

Edited by LelaScraps-n-Stamps on 03-03-12 06:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to LelaScraps-n-Stamps

jci. looking for some pics

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

i'm having trouble finding good march pics lol

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Hey guys, I need more votes for February winners - I just have the one so far! Please remember to vote or else I can't send out goodies! :D:D PM me your Top 3 faves from the WHOLE MONTH - not 3 for every week, lol.

Here's the link to Feb to see the los!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Also just an FYI this first week will be a long one and I'll post week 2 on Sunday, March 11th! Hope everyone is having an awesome Monday so far!

Edited by laurink on 03-05-12 05:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to laurink

I was out and about all weekend so now I'm sitting down to work on this

I forgot to vote too, so I'll do that now.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper

I would like to play along. Sounds like fun.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jazzescrapper

i just voted. thanks for reminding me

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

thanks to everyone who's voted now!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to laurink

Here's mine for Week 1:

Birdwatching By Dancinirish90

1. green - leaves
2. 1 - ribbon, 2 - chippie flourishes, 3 - photos
3. handwritten journaling
4. unconventional size photo - 3x2's

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Vote for February!

I started doing a lo that fit another challenge and then I realized the picture was from the summer time! DOH! So now I need to dig up some March pics.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

acu

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to msmama

gorgeous LO Lisa! And thanks to everyone who voted!

Sparklegirl
Idol
Sparklegirl
In response to laurink

I'm definitely in this month - i'm pretty sure I have some great pics from march that I can use!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Sparklegirl

I need to dig up some photos myself

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

great welcome shan!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

it's not for this challenge, but I just wanted to share my first Layout this month! (I've been having some serious mojo problems lately...) Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

My Parents in Berlin By Laurink

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to laurink

jci! Still away from home until Sunday! Hope to work on these challenges next week!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Megan Ann

morning everyone! hope you all have a great day! i'm going to have some serious scrap time this weekend since manu is preparing for his final masters presentation - can't wait!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to laurink

Here's my week one! I lucked out finding this picture. I was trying to combine two or three challenges and I found an old pic of my daughter with the Easter bunny in a frame. I took it out to look at the back of it and this picture was behind it!! Taken in March of 97! (the Easter pic was April of '98)

*Early independence By Lookin4newideas

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Thanks, Laurin

I'm out of town for the weekend - went to a great concert last night: Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt, acoustic. Just two guys with their guitars on stage - nothing else. It was really wonderful.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next week's challenge is! I'll check back Monday

laurink
Idol
laurink

hi guys! i'm here to post week 2, what a loonnnggg week 1 that was, lol!

so here's week 2! in the spirit of st patricks day (which is coming up on the 17th) this week is themed a little bit towards st.patricks day, but i hope you can also bend the challenge to non-st.patricks day photos too! I have no St.Paddys photos I think!

1. A leaf - could be a cloverleaf (shamrock) or it could be another kind of leaf!
2. The word luck in your title or journaling
3. The colours of the Irish flag included somewhere on your layout (orange, white & green)
4. a four word title, to go with the fact that a 4-leaf-clover is the lucky cloverleaf

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to laurink

Those are fun! I haven't taken any St Patty's day photos in a long time, so I'm glad it's not specific to St Patty's day.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

i took some st patty day photos last year but not sure if i printed them out yet lol

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jadebrit

found some lol

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to jadebrit

jci

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to msmama

I WISH sooooo badly that I could scrap tonight! I got a package of scrap things in the mail today and I am dying to play!!! BUT I really should do my school work first.... BOO!!!!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Megan Ann

Hi! Great challenge this week. I think I might wait and take some pics for this one -- an actual current 2012 page, hmmm. My existing March pics (and I have '08, '10, and '11 to choose from) are just not right for this.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Here is my Week 1 LO:

MARCH likes By Megan Ann

1. something green
2. 1: one pp, 2: two lists, 3: three green gems
3. handwritten journaling
4. mini photos/B&W photo

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Megan Ann

Great work so far everyone, I'll update the front page asap!

Big news though, Manuel has just finished his Masters Thesis, so his finishing gift to himself and to me was to buy us two tickets to South East Asia - for a month!! So since we're both not restricted by work we're leaving next week and spending a month in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and that area! I'm suuuuuper excited because Asia has always been high on my list but I've never been!!!

So what that means for the challenge though (since there's no way I'm carrying a laptop around, it's just not worth it) is that I'm going to have to stop the challenge a week early and April will be a month off. If someone really feels compelled to run the challenge while I'm gone, that would be okay with me, but I'd like to be able to pick it back up again in May when I'll be back and available.

I hope this is alright for everyone, it would mean that next week is the last week (Sunday I would post the challenge) and that entries would have to close on Wednesday March 22nd because I leave the next day and I won't be able to update the front page or sort out voting after that day.

Thoughts? Is that okay for everyone?

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to laurink

Laurin, what a wonderful opportunity! Be safe and enjoy!

Wolfhuntress2002
Resident
Wolfhuntress2002
In response to laurink

Would love to participate, but so confused. Pics taken in MARCH but you also said they have to be from February! Did I read wrong?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to laurink

We will miss you Laurin! Have tons of fun!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Wolfhuntress2002

• Wolfhuntress2002 Said:
Would love to participate, but so confused. Pics taken in MARCH but you also said they have to be from February! Did I read wrong?

I think Lauren just forgot to take out the part of pinks and red about it being the month of Valentine's day. Usually with monthly swaps and challenges, the hostesses just copy and past the front page and then change dates and what not. It's easy to miss something like that if no one points it out to her.

How exciting Lauren. I would be willing to volunteer to host for the month of April. I was actually looking forward to it because it was my father's birthday month and I have lots of photos of all his bdays over the years. I would gladly give it back to you when you come back. Next month I have to limit my swaps so I will have more time to actually scrap! And what I could do is take suggestions from everyone for the weekly challenges!

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

• Lookin4newideas Said:

How exciting Lauren. I would be willing to volunteer to host for the month of April. I was actually looking forward to it because it was my father's birthday month and I have lots of photos of all his bdays over the years. I would gladly give it back to you when you come back. Next month I have to limit my swaps so I will have more time to actually scrap! And what I could do is take suggestions from everyone for the weekly challenges!

WOW! Laurin how fun for you! What a great gift. I always say GO while you can! I had to take some picts this March to be able to scrap the challenges which worked because we've been enjoying Spring here!

I think it would be GREAT Sally if you could Host for the month of April. I have a lot of Spring Break Picts and I'll be on Spring Break with my son so great time to scrap!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to LelaScraps-n-Stamps

I actually got to take some pictures yesterday! My daughter went to the St Patrick's day parade downtown Cleveland. Originally, I was going to take her since the last time we went she was only 3, but I got invited to an adults only wedding, so I let her go with her gf and her older sister. I was nervous and knew it was going to be more crowded than usual, but glad I didn't know just how crowded! They couldn't get a bus to take home after waiting over 3 hours. The parade started late at 1pm and at 5pm, she said downtown was still shoulder to shoulder with people walking all over. Saturday, everyone's home and out of school, 70 degree weather, free event, large Irish community...No brainer.

I think I was 14 when I made my first trip downtown with my two older sisters who were 18 and 19 at the time to a rock concert! All the things she encountered came as no surprise, lol!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Wow - Laurin, that is AMAZING!!

Sally, I will definitely play in April if you keep the challenge going for Laurin

I took pics yesterday for week 2 - just need to edit and print them. I'll work on that one right away since the challenge is ending early.

Sparklegirl
Idol
Sparklegirl
In response to jadebrit

jci - I got week one done, now to upload and get the others done! Will be back later to leave love!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Sparklegirl

I'll do it!! If anyone has any suggestions for some things they would like included, we can mix and match for each week and make it a group effort!

Yesterday, I picked out a bunch of pictures from past Marches but was not in the mood to scrap, so this week I'll be working on my layouts and get caught up.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

Thanks for hosting Sally!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to msmama

Hi guys, sorry I've been away the past week, but I see Sally has been elected to run this challenge in April - so that sounds great - go Sally! I also know that Coleen was interested too - maybe you guys could work together or something?

For the confusion over the front page, I have yet to check it out but I guess I forgot to change something over to March, every month I copy the first page's explanation and just change the month - guess I missed one! Is everyone clear now though?

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Ok, totally late but here it is if you guys are interested in another challenge this week!

1. A flower or a plant - it's springtime! (Can be on your paper, a sticker, a doodle, any flower or plant will count!)
2. Something textured (a piece of fabric, an embossed stamp, etc)
3. Part of your title should be handmade - one word could be handwritten or drawn on your page, you could handcut some title letters, etc etc
4. Use at least three patterned papers or cardstocks on your layout in some way

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Wolfhuntress2002

• Wolfhuntress2002 Said:

I guess this is all cleared up now but I'm so sorry for the confusing front page! My life has gotten really hectic and scrapbooking has taken a backseat, so I'm not as focused as I should be when posting that darn first page, lol! I'll be more careful next time!

Thanks to everyone for the help!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
We will miss you Laurin! Have tons of fun!!!

Thanks Megan!! I'll miss you guys too but I'm so excited to have more photos to scrap! I've been on a slight shortage of inspiration lately! Maybe this will renew it!

laurink
Idol
laurink

• Lookin4newideas Said:
  • Wolfhuntress2002 Said:

I think Lauren just forgot to take out the part of pinks and red about it being the month of Valentine's day. Usually with monthly swaps and challenges, the hostesses just copy and past the front page and then change dates and what not. It's easy to miss something like that if no one points it out to her.

Thanks Sally for answering this question, you'll be a great Hostess for April!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

ALSO!! Finally I've sorted through all the votes for Frebruary - and we have a winner!

The winner is....

Birthday Fun by MEGAN ANN!

Megan we have to connect so I can send you a couple goodies - for winning both months!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to laurink

Congrats, Megan!

I'm acu, and here's mine for Week 2:

That Lucky Irish Holiday By Dancinirish90

laurink
Idol
laurink

love love love that LO lisa! the pictures are perfect!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to laurink

WOW! Thanks ladies!

That is an AWESOME LO Lisa!!! LOVE it!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Megan Ann

Congrats Megan!!

I agree, Lisa, your lo is awesome!

You'll have to let us know when you leave, Laurin. And I definitely will need everyone's help in coming up each week's challenge. I have a couple of fun things in mind for April.

I need to get cracking on my lo's. The past few days have been a bit rough for me.

laurink
Idol
laurink

Hey Sally!

I'm leaving tomorrow (Thursday!). I was thinking the best way to do it would be for me just to take care of the last bits of March, I'll try to do a final update of the front page from Thailand on the last day of the month, and I'll post week four tomorrow (early!) and everyone can keep working away on March.

Then what you could do is set-up the April page by copying & pasting my front page over (and by updating the March to April unlike me when I went from Feb to March lol!) and run the month entirely on your own. You can PM me if you have any questions, but it's pretty straight forward. I just like to create challenges that can be bent to a lot of different styles and photos - so nothing as specific as you have to use gems this week - go for something more general like using something shiny (which allows for metal bits, glitter, special paints, gems, brads, etc etc).

I hope the month goes really well, I'll be back around the 17th or 18th and you might see me check in every once and a while for a quick hello depending on what we're up to over there (sometimes those air conditioned internet cafes are a pretty awesome break lol).

So, I'll officially say goodbye now but I'll be back to post Week 4 and do minor updates in the coming week or so! If anyone has a question, just direct it at Sally or one of the other experienced ladies here!

Hope everyone has an awesome rest of March and a great start to April!! Can't wait to see how it all goes and what everyone comes up with! Maybe if it works really well we can do more suggestions for the challenges in the future, so it's not just me creating them!

Enjoy!!!

Edited by laurink on 03-21-12 07:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to laurink

Congrats Megan!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to msmama

Oh wow, tomorrow, that soon? You barely seemed to have enough time to pack! I run swaps, but this will be first lo challenge I set up.. some things I was thinking about for April are it's the start of the raining season in the US, blossoms, baseball season begins, Easter, etc

great.. my daughter just asked me to make a birthday card for a boy at her school. He's turning 17. Nothing like waiting til the last minute, especially when I don't make cards..grrr.. good night Have a safe trip, Laurin! Can't wait to see pictures!

laurink
Idol
laurink

hi guys! greetings from thailand! we're in bangkok now waiting for our flight from bangkok to up north (chiang mai). here's week 4!

1. photos from a trip our outing of some kind
2. at least 25 words about the outing
3. an embellishment that's an object (like a flower or a sutcase diecut, etc)
4. a 4-word title

okay don't know when i'll be back online but enjoy the last days of the month!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to laurink

Oh, good! I thought we were ending the challenge - I have the start of a LO on my table for week 3, and I didn't think I would be able to finish it since I thought this was the last day. Yay! I'll keep going and look into week 4.

Safe travels, Laurin!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

have fun!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to jadebrit

jci! I made my week 3 LO! Need to get a pic in the light tomorrow!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to Megan Ann

Week 1 & 2

Yoga, Strike a Pose By Msmama

How Lucky and I? By Msmama

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to msmama

I actually finished one earlier today! But my batteries died on my camera. Coleen, lol.. I commented on your lo, asking if that was a real Philly cheese steak? I think that's what I miss most about living in PA. Drive west and they think a Philly cheese steak has to have mushrooms and swiss cheese and green peppers.. YUCK!

Here it, is, I found some batteries!
Week 3 Pictures were taken 3/9/97
*My Little Sweet Peas By Lookin4newideas

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 03-25-12 08:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Well, I was doing this one for week 3 so it has all 4 of those requirements too, but since they are the only March pics I have of an outing, I switched it to be for week 4: outing, 25+ words, object (trees), 4 word title:

Stop at Burnt Bridge By Dancinirish90

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I was thinking I might have to take my daughter someplace just to take pictures, but I found some from a couple of years ago when my sister took her and our niece and her kids to KY to this aquarium on their spring break in 2008. I'm trying to figure out a way to do two challenges in one.. but might have to do them separate. The monochrome challenge isn't fitting in with the weekly challenges here!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

• Lookin4newideas Said:
I actually finished one earlier today! But my batteries died on my camera. Coleen, lol.. I commented on your lo, asking if that was a real Philly cheese steak? I think that's what I miss most about living in PA. Drive west and they think a Philly cheese steak has to have mushrooms and swiss cheese and green peppers.. YUCK!

You are so right! No one makes cheese steaks like Philly. Why would anyone put peppers and mushrooms on a cheese steak... YUCK is right!!!

Edited by msmama on 03-26-12 06:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to msmama

Ok.

So I've printed the lists for this challenge forum.

I doubt I get anything done before the end of the month, but I'm going to TRY at least!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to GentlewoodFarms

jci! Coleen do you live near Philly? South Jersey girl here So basically near Philly is how I described where I lived most of my life!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Megan Ann

And soft pretzels...mmmmm I can't remember if they sold pretzels in Jersey or not? I vaguely remember taking a trip to the shore and I swear we had to buy a dozen of pretzels because the didn't sell them anywhere in Jersey.

Hey Pat, welcome! Laurin is traveling the world right now and I'm going to host for the month of April. She gives us some interesting things to include in our layouts each week.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
jci! Coleen do you live near Philly? South Jersey girl here So basically near Philly is how I described where I lived most of my life!

I am about 40 minutes North of Philly. We're practically neighbors.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

• Lookin4newideas Said:
And soft pretzels...mmmmm I can't remember if they sold pretzels in Jersey or not? I vaguely remember taking a trip to the shore and I swear we had to buy a dozen of pretzels because the didn't sell them anywhere in Jersey.

Not sure about soft pretzels in Jersey, but before soft pretzel shops came around they would sell them on the street corners through the car windows in the city, they were cold and chewy, but they tasted so good.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to msmama

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to msmama

You mean they have stores now where you buy the soft pretzels? There was a place somewhere near the border of Pa and NJ where they made them where the street vendors got them from. We ate them cold with spicy brown mustard. I lived in Allentown and you could find in town but it seemed they weren't quite as fresh. Someone I worked with knew a driver and about once a month would take orders. Ahh memories... But an authentic Philly cheese steak with mayo, melted cheese, tomatoes and lettuce and sometimes I would even get it with cheese and grilled onions and tomato sauce. Those were about the only two ways they served them in Philly. And THEE BEST steak sandwich I ever had was from a street vendor downtown Philly.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

OMG you are making me hungry! What you described is a real cheese steak, the kind you can only get near Philly. And yes, every town where I live has a soft pretzel store. I will stop in one soon, take a few photos to share.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to laurink

Sorry I have been MIA- it has been a crzy month with buying a house and having lots of family birthdays. I will upload my four layouts by the end of the week, just need to do some finishing touches.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to chile_chicken

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Megan Ann

I was SO hoping to get these done, but it's just not going to happen.

I'll try to get started a little sooner next month. It looks like a fun challenge to play!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to GentlewoodFarms

It is a GREAT challenge Pat!!! I think you will like it

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Megan Ann

Hi everyone! Just checking in from Laos right now! Looks like some more great layouts are up!

Things on the trip are going well, we've just finished our first week, we've traveled around parts of Northern Thailand and just arrived in Laos yesterday, where we took a two day boat ride down the Mekong River to our next destination. And on Monday we head to Cambodia! It's hot and humid here (hottest time of the year) but we're enjoying every minute of the adventure! I'm going to update the page, then I'll be out for a few days with no internet possibly, then update the last time around the 2nd or 3rd of April! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy the last few days of the month!!

Best wishes!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

ps. I'm getting some AWESOME pictures!!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to laurink

Wow - Laurin, what an amazing trip!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

It does sound like an amazing trip and so much in such a short time. Can't wait to see some of your pictures!

I'll be setting up next month's challenge here shortly and I'll keep to Sundays like it was. If there's anything you'd like to add for any of the weekly challenges, you can pm me and I'll mix them. If not, I have a few things in mind for April.

Ok, here's the link:
April One month at time Challenge

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 03-29-12 01:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Well, I'm not going to get the last one done I know what pics I was going to use, but I'm leaving in an hour for the weekend so no more scrapping for me until April.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

ok, I have two hours to get my other two lo's finished. I'm gonna try to get them done. The one I want, I don't have my pictures printed, but I'm at least going to get the lay out done. I can upload the pics to my gallery but my printer quality isn't the greatest and I have saved them on my memory card. They're of my daughter on ST Patty's day.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

here's week 4:

*St Patrick's Day 2012 By Lookin4newideas

The hidden journaling tells how my daughter and I originally were supposed to go to the parade together but then I got invited to a wedding. So she went with her friend and her sister, and then how lucky she was with 75o weather on a Saturday, blah, blah, blah, and how I wouldn't have let her go had I remembered what went on at those events.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 03-31-12 07:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Was April posted? Did I miss the link?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

signing off!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Megan Ann

Hi guys, for those of you still here - I'm back! Just off to find the April link, and I'll update this later and we'll do a very late voting! Sorry for the delay, internet got scarce at the end of the trip!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics