Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to terrihooper

I have been working on two wood birdhouses that I pulled out of the dollar bins at Ms! I've finished one- but not happy with it, it needs something... don't know what that it needs, but I experimented with making a flower from kraft and the Tattered Florals die. It looks like kraft but replace the 'k' with a 'C' and subtract the 'ft' at the end and add a big 'P.'

I used some 7Gypsies paper to cover it and I love that part!

And I added one of the charms that TheEllenBee sent to me- it was a charm of a little wine barrel. Why that one? I dont know if birds drink wine, but I also don't know if they DONT drink wine, so it's fine with me.

I was ten minutes late to work this morning. I'm supposed to be here at 8, but I woke up at 7:39. I don't think I've ever moved as fast as I did this morning.

But I'm still suffering a Benadryl drowsiness hangover. I can't wake up! I feel like a zombie. A zombie with congested sinuses.

Daytime sinus pill, save me! Rescue me!!!

My plan for tonight is to do a layout.

hmm. okay, ran out of things to ramble about.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to designguyKORY

I finally have a day off today and so far all I have done is spend the morning taking my dog to the vet for an ear infection. Why must he roll in everything that smells disgusting? I really want to spend the rest of the day is my scraproom but we have this major graduation party for my daughter coming up this weekend and some things just have to get done. I am going to try to dodge the raindrops and do a little cleaning up outside so hopefully some of the people at the party will go outside. If not, it is going to get awfully crowded in my house!/ It is supposed to rain all week! I am hoping they are wrong, they usually are.
Kory, of course birds drink wine! Why do you think so many of them crash into windows?? I just wish they would learn to sleep in when they have a hangover instead of b**ching about it at 6am!

craftywithacricut
Tenant
craftywithacricut
In response to crazycricut

Oh my - maybe that's why my husband killed a bird on his way to work last week. He said it was awful and scared the heck out of him. It flew right into his windshield! Birds - stay out of the wine!!! LOL
Leave it for us humans who may or may not act more responsible while drinking it!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

SO I have been investigating this new phenomenon called washi tape to see if it is something I NEEEEEDDDDDD-- My thoughts are YES, absolutley-- especially if I can get to a T soon (not one close by) and get the 4.00 packs. I watched tutorials on making my own (I LOVE to make my own stuff) and will def do it if I find tissue paper I love. My next thought on it is this: Why not buy the medical paper tape and stamp, mist, WHATEVER on it to make your own-- I think you can get it for like 1.00 per roll at a walgreen's/cvs etc....maybe even at WM
I am going to try it--
I am sure my birds drink wine- especially if they take after me sitting on my porch watching them!
K- sorry about the sinuses! hope the clear soon! Good job on being so just a little late to work!
Lynn- I hope it doesn't rain and the weather is pretty for you! It stinks to have to entertain a BUNCH of people in limited space! They end up everywhere!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I loves the Washi, terrihooper! I've got thirty or forty rolls of it- it is all over the place. A few of my favorite rolls, at the moment, are the Ms/Recollections brand- esp the roll that's white with black arrows on it, and one that looks like a light blue plaid.

Another roll that I love is the one (which I *think* is Trendy Tape) with the black/red/deep yellow(?) chevron pattern.

And Crafty- about the drunk birds- every once in awhile, one will slam into the window of the office here at work- scares EVERYone. They supposedly put something on the windows to keep them from flying into it- and it did stop most of it, but maybe once every two months- KAPOWWWW!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Thanks for the tips on your favs Kory! I will check them out!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae

I've got one.....how about a wild turkey flying into a windshield on a van. Got one of those this morning at work. Boy....did it tear up that windshield. Must have drunk Kory's whole box of wine.

Kory-good find on the spellbinders. I never pay full price for them either, and you are so lucky. I have been trying to get Lacey Circles, but they are sold out in all the shops around here. Heck....our local J's doesn't even carry the spellbinders anymore.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to scrappyjae

when I was on the 19th floor the turkey buzzards would next in the building sign and stare at us through the windows while we worked and stared back at them! Everyonce in a while you'd hear a big bang cause one would not judge the distance correctly!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Kory - when we were at the night market in Hong Kong Bill bought green lasers for each of my sons and one for myself. The heavy duty strong ones that are illegal to sell in the U.S.

The next strenght up - you can actually point it at a match and it will light it. No thank you!

I can easily see Bill pointing that thing into every parked car from inside the house!

A car with a loud boom speaker went buy a few weeks ago - really annoying. When he got to the stop sign a couple houses away and stopped Bill shot the green laser into his car. The entire inside of the car lit up green and he turned the "music" off and started cussing but he didn't see BIll insdie the house.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to Henri Jean

Kory- thought of you today while shopping at HL. In their jewelry section, in the strung beads they had some gear shaped beads and I know how you like your gears! They would lie flat on a page and look really cute but with 3 daughters, I don't have much use for gears. I think it was the "Explorer" collection. There were 14 beads for $3.99, I think. But every other one was a smaller bead that didn't look much like a gear to me but maybe in the right context it would work!

Edited by crazycricut on 04-30-12 04:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Oh! I'll hafta check it out!

My favorite find in the HL jewelry section was their 'Timeline' collection- with little charms based on things from different decades. Lots of my friends got ball-chain necklaces with little metal cassette tapes on them. lol I loved those little cassette tapes!

-k

craftywithacricut
Tenant
craftywithacricut

Crazycricut - I just bought those gears 2 weeks ago. They are for a rak for a friend. They are the cutest! I don't really have any use for them since I haven't gotten into steampunk...but I do think they are cute! I must have gotten screwed though because mine don't have 12 in the pack - but I did get them when they were 50% off!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to craftywithacricut

Timeline collection, huh? Sounds like something I need to look for to embellish the title pages of my through the years albums from my swap a while back-- long while back-- WOW-- I didn't think it had been that long (2 years) and I finally got all the pages into their albums last week!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LMAO @ drunk birds, that's awesome! It would make sense why they dive-bomb stuff or fly silly ... I know they used to eat wine grapes at my friend's place, so there may be something to that .... LOL

Terrihooper-I was late to the washi train, and LOVE it! I initially got a few of the new Queen & Co ones to match some paper I ordered ... then I got 3 more Bella Blvd "designer tapes" ... and the other day I went to Target at lunch and got all 4 colors of their tapes, and have used them several times! LOVE!!!

Kory-I'm soooooo feeling you on the sinus issues. I've got horrendous allergies all year 'round, and so far, the last few weeks have been the worst in some time for me. Hang in there, soon it will be summer!!!

Darla-I forgot to ask more about the Pet Pantry thing ... email me a few more details, what the volunteers do, when the next meeting is, stuff like that. Sounds like something I need to look into further!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Will y'all please stop talking about all the good work you're doing for the world? You're making me look bad.

haha

I do NOT know how I'm gonna sit still all day. I'm finally eligible for a new phone and I want it NOW!

And I want to be at home to make the MAY2012 tag, as soon as Mr. Holtz posts it to his blog.

AND I started a layout last night, which I had to abandon when I had to head downtown to the Civic Center for a 'production meeting' for this new show I'm stage managing, which I've found out is set in a junkyard (and no, it isn't CATS) which frightens me, because the 'Artistic Director' envisions the set as spilling out into the audience and even into the lobby area- which means lots of work to clean up afterwards. Also, there's snow in the last scene, which means more work. Whatever happened to those nice modern plays with a bare stage and a bare light bulb?

-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

OMG! I am so over this day already! Actually, I'm just over this freaking job. I was off Friday, and felt so good all weekend, my headache was back by 11:00AM yesterday, and of course never went away last night so I didn't sleep well, and still have the headache today. I know it's stress-induced, and I'm trying my hardest to chill and just let the day happen around me, but when the boss lady starts in before she even sets down her purse, that plan flies out the window.
Calgon, take me away!!!!!!!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I went back to work today. Ohhh the agony. I want to be at home finishing a LO.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Mia1979

Me too, Mia- my unfinished layout is screaming in agony! It's crying to me, 'PLEASE KORY COME FINISH ME!'

ChocklitDee- Sorry to hear about your headache- stress induced headaches are the WORST.

I will need to be tied to my chair, today. I'm so ready to do a hundred other things that I. CANT. SIT. STILL.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

I know, I have so many things I'd rather be doing!! I've got things to shop for and scrapbooking to do!! LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hey, Tanya, I sent you a PM with info about the Pet Food Pantry, didn't want to make Kory feel bad by talking about it here, LOL!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

hahahahaha

Ohhh y'all are making me want to adopt a new baby.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I just finished baking a chocolate fudge cake with chocolate frosting for today. Later I will peel potatoes to mash and make a brocolli salad.

Now my husband is at the plate shed with my son and his daughter and her husband so I have 2 or 3 hours at least to myself!

Now to get started on Perth and Freemantle!

Can't believe I'm working on day 43 of the 49 days cruise. I'm going to run out of cruise pages to do. I have a lot of other stuff to do, but I'm going to be out of cruise stuff!

Bill has a 68 day cruise on hold with our travel agent. Maybe that will give me more to scrap!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Well Kory, you are going to *LOVE* my layout for tomrorow then ...

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I cant buy anything I am broke. WAAAHHHHH Like a crying baby. I already have enough though. I saw some ppr on here that I wanted but I can wait.... On another note I got some goodies for my kiddies, that makes me happy. We decorated the 3 yo notebook with her name and a few candy themed stickers.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, y'all probably already knew this, but I found out just a few days ago that hand sanitizer is being taken out of schools and prisons because it has such a high alcohol content and they are drinking it, lol! We were joking here at work that if things get much worse we are going to start drinking it here, well today I am sorely tempted!
KK, I think you should adopt a new baby, but Tanya and I have to be in on the decision making process. If Auntie Chocklit is gonna babysit, I think I should have a say in the decision

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I can't believe Kids would drink hand sanitizer- I just can't! Regular booze is so much easier to get and it tastes better. This sounds like one of those alarmist things that some whacko parent got in their mind and went crazy about!

I remember how the PTA Moms were always going crazy about 'all the drugs' going around the school- and believe me, if there was an illicit substance available in my my high school, I would've known about it...

lol

-k

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LOL, there was always a 'stoner group' at my high school, but kids these days are CRAZY!!!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to tanyaham

I had another unexpected trip to town and got to done some scrap shopping. However because of the frequency my budget is a bunch of change.... Literally! With coupons I bought 2 distress inks in quarters
I also found out that HL here does do smart phone coupons! Apparently there was some mix up in properly communicating this to the cashiers. Not sure what that really meant but the manager was being vague.

I here u guys on having a lo call my name. I might be able to finish mine to night. I still can not use my thumb like normal but hopefully I will be able to get by

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Rushli

I'm in a great mood, everyone! I finished a layout! I got a new phone! I updated my blog! I had dinner! I'm drinking Kool-Aid!

Please, don't let my manic happiness end- oh, too late, I have to go back to work at 8am and deal with the evil buffalo.

Well, it was good while it lasted. ;-)

F'realz, tho- I had a great time doing this layout. It's on my blog if you're interested. I'll upload it here as soon as I get a round to it-

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

Kory I went to make some koolaid yesterday and couldnt find it. The sugar is still in the koolaid jar. I believe you stole my koolaid LOL.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to Mia1979

What's your favorite Kool-aid flavors?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Mr Mister

grape and blue raspberry! Although I have not had it for years.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

Grape for me too. In the summer our mom would freeze it into popcycles in an icecube tray.

Kory, what flavor are you drinking?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Mia1979

I haven't stolen anybody's Kool-Aid! But I'm not above doing so... I love Kool-Aid.

Especially GRAPE.

Wait. Was that code for something, Mia?

lol

-kory

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Lemon Lime

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to NMlady

STOP! I need all of you to get busy scrapping and quit typing. I've been gone since Easter on a road trip. I'm trying to catch up on everything that has been going on, but I had to go all the way back to page 35. This thread goes off in so many directions...it's the easiest way to see what all y'all (I went to Texas to see the wildflowers) have been up to.

I was going to offer to be the driver of the bus to OKC since I do all the driving on our trips. My last name really isn't "Driver"...everyone just knows I love to drive. However, by now all y'all have probably already gone on your Scrapping Tour and I got left behind. If I got to be the driver, I'd make sure all the California folk didn't get left behind!

OK...back to reading about all the escapades you guys have been doing~ (Hint to sb.com...now would be a great time for a travel-products discount )

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Be stranded with a flat tire in the middle of nowhere between Dawson City and Whitehorse, Yukon Territory and you figure out how to change a tire It was just me, my best friend and her young teen-age daughter. They did help me jump on the spinner-thingy to loosen the lugbolts. (Sorry to be slow in responding...no time to be on the 'net for the last few weeks. This is from way back when Kory had his tire adventure.)

Edited by mrsdriver5 on 05-01-12 09:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to mrsdriver5

Sounds like you need to sit a spell and have some Kool-aid. : )

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Mr Mister

Sounds good...I'm only up to page 45 and my eyes are drooping. I haven't made it to the koolaid stories yet.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Mr Mister

I am mad at Amazon.com. I was browsing their nesties, and the ones I wanted said "hurry--just a few left," so I placed my order right then. Turns out they are out of stock and I won't get them until May 24!

These are my first nesties, and I so wanted to use them in the albums I am working on now. I don't wanna wait to scrap!

I don't drink Kool-Aid; I just drink massive amounts of coffee. Right up til bedtime. The stronger, the better. I call my coffee "Kim's Industrial Strength Coffee." A coffee flavored Kool-Aid would catch my attention!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

So paydays not for a few more days but since I was in the big city (Las Cruces) for an appt for my mom had to make a trip to HL. I had a friggin' anxiety attack in HL and ended up leaving with less than $20 spent. I'm not sure why I had an attack, maybe overwhelmed by choices or overwhelmed about making a scrapbook about my granddaughter.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to NMlady

Oh man, I remember when they built that HL in Las Cruces (where I grew up)! I was SOOOOO excited that we didn't have to drive to El Paso anymore! But back then, they still had a Mike's inside the mall, which I loved!! Is there still a Joann on University? I can't remember how badly that strip shopping center went kaput when we were there last year, but it seemed like all the stuff I remember being there was gone.

Don't forget about the Pizzaz store in El Paso. I swear, it is the CUTEST sb store I have ever been in, or seen online. It is absolutely adorable, cram-packed full of product. I could've stayed for hours and browsed, but The Hub was waiting in the car, in the heat. He didn't want to come inside and sit on the comfy-looking sofas they had toward the front of the store. I'm pretty sure him waiting would make me hurry, less likely for me to buy much, and he wouldn't get "anything girly" on him. Yeah, like it's the Cooties, LMAO!

Anyhow, I never realized until going back last year, just how much I miss that pictureque view of the Organ Mountains everyday. I couldn't get enough of looking at it, and took a ton of pictures. Growing up, I just took it for granted. Now I think it's phenomenally beautiful.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Being a west Texas girl, I gotta say, the scenery and view in west Texas and NM rank really close to the top of the list for me. Beautiful!
When we're talking Kool-Aid, my fave is raspberry, yummy on a hot day.
Aren't the hubs too funny? I was cracking up about the cooties, that's exactly the way my hubs acts if we're out and about and I want to stop in the lss. He'll go to HL with me, he's an artist so he has stuff to check out there, but getting him into the lss is like asking him to go buy my dainties, lol!
No scrappy goodness yet for me this week, but I'm happy to report that so far I've survived the dragon lady's return from vacation. It has taken it's toll, though, my stress headache got so bad yesterday afternoon, I'm surprised my eyeballs weren't bleeding!
Happy Wednesday! Another day closer to the beloved weekend!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae
In response to tanyaham

Lemon-lime or Orange Koolaid....YUM!!! Thanks guys....now I am craving Koolaid sitting at my desk with none in sight.

I ordered some nesties on Amazon....took about 3 weeks to get them. Probably won't do that again, unless it is an item which I can't find anywhere else. Drives me crazy as I am one of the masses that wants in in my hand now.....not weeks later.

Hope everyone has a good day at work....I feel your pain. It is so quiet in my office....a funeral home has more excitement than this place. Seriously.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LOL, I forgot to answer about the Kool-Aid ...
GRAPE!!! That is THE BEST!!! And, I actually love the sugar-free grape even better. There's a sugar-free peach tea that isn't too shabby either. I also used to make my own popsicles, love that!!

Cracking up at "dragon lady" ... I feel the same way. I was super excited Monday & Tuesday when I didn't see the "dragon lady" I work with ... and then I found out her father had died, and she'd been at his funeral. WHOOPS! I felt bad, but not all that bad. At least she wasn't making my life miserable, like she typically does 5 days a week. It sounds horrible, but her attitude brings down the whole office. Hate when all the positive energy is sucked out of a room when a certain someone comes in.

Well, on that awesome note, LOL, have a great day, everyone!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Wow, I get online, first thing at work and y'all already been crazy this morning! I was cracking up!

laughing at MrsDriver and her attempt to catch up in the thread and mentioning how many different directions it's gone- lol I'm trying to imagine how all of it would look to someone who was gone for a couple of weeks. hahaha

still laughing at Chocklit- 'buy my dainties' lololololol I dont know why that's cracking me up so bad. I think it's the word 'dainties.'

OKAY! I'm here, at work, ready for fun- don't disappoint me!
-kory

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I love grape and orange!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Cracking up at Kory cracking up at me! LOL!! Since he's actually seen me in person, I'm sure my using the word "dainties" in regards to anything that would try to cover my rather large backside is quite amusing!
I love this thread, you never know from one day to the next what direction it's going to go. So far we've covered so many things, who knew that a simple post about shopping would go viral? LOL!
I think every office has a dragon lady (or monster man), I think the only correct thing to do is force them to all relocate and work together in one office, far far away from the rest of us, then we can work in peace and they can do whatever it is they do and make each other's lives a living hell. Do I hear a second on this motion?
Tanya, did you check out the website for the Pet Food Pantry? I think the event happening on the 20th (I think that's the correct date, lol) looks like it will be loads of fun, I hope you decide to join me! KK, you're invited too if you want, the more the merrier. Anyone else want to trek to OKC for some furry fun? I bet we could be talked into some scrappy shopping to top off the day,lol!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

I didn't even know what dainties were - to me they are a type of cookie! LOL (oh that just went in a direction it maybe shouldn't have oh well)

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae

I second that! Have a couple around here that can do no wrong....

Hope the weather calms down here for the rest of the day. Driving into work with thunder and streak lightning....not the best way to start my day off.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I wish I were diving into work. Instead, I've managed to insert myself into this morning's office catfight. Wow! Who knew Miss AwYess had it in her to take on Miss HuffnpuffsnstompsALOT?!

I'm backing Ms. AwYess. Naturally. And the emergence/announcement of my alliance REALLY stirred things up. It might get bloody today, folks.

-k

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

It's just the thought of hearing you say 'dainties' that's cracking me up, Chocklit! It's such a funny word!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I thought "dainties" was the internationally accepted term for undies. Guess I was wrong, yet again! I think I've exceeded my quota for being wrong this year, already, lol!
Ooooooh, KK, stirring up the office strife pot, are you? Wish I were there to see that, lol. I'm just doing my best to lay low and avoid any interaction with the dragon lady. I'm having to get very creative to find ways to avoid crossing her path. I've about decided I'm just done with this whole mess, think I'll pi$$ in their Post Toasties and leave, go work at HL instead. Surely there isn't as much stress there as here? Although who knows, that could be jumping from the pan into the fire,lol!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Yeah, I'm kinda on a high today- so I dived right into the mess. It's kinda dyin down tho- I guess the big bad one decided it wasn't worth it, if TWO of us were vocally opposing her tyranny.

I would love to leave work and go to HL today. I have a feeling there's some clearance out there waiting on me.

I also want to play with my new phone- well, play with the camera on my new phone, and print out some pictures. I'm on a streak and wanna do another page NOWWWW

lol

k

craftywithacricut
Tenant
craftywithacricut

Well, since I work from home (alone) I guess I am the dragon lady in my office! That realization is not amusing at all lol. And as for the kool aid - I haven't had it in ages but I would have to say grape is my fave. I'm more of a Crystal light peach mango green tea kinda gal.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to craftywithacricut

We had a few dragon-like ladies at the school i worked at... nothing "room sucking" horrible but everyone in awhile issues (never with me though!) However another teacher and I quit this last year and when they rehired they added a few aide jobs and apparently the new mix is quite bad... think the new personalities all clash and bring out the dragon in everyone. SOOOO glad I am not there.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Rushli

Its a shame we'd rather be crafting rather than working LOL.
As far as work, I try to stay in my cublicle and away from drama, there are times when I get restless (like today @ 8 30 I became restless and had to walk around)

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
Oh man, I remember when they built that HL in Las Cruces (where I grew up)! I was SOOOOO excited that we didn't have to drive to El Paso anymore! But back then, they still had a Mike's inside the mall, which I loved!! Is there still a Joann on University? I can't remember how badly that strip shopping center went kaput when we were there last year, but it seemed like all the stuff I remember being there was gone.

Don't forget about the Pizzaz store in El Paso. I swear, it is the CUTEST sb store I have ever been in, or seen online. It is absolutely adorable, cram-packed full of product. I could've stayed for hours and browsed, but The Hub was waiting in the car, in the heat. He didn't want to come inside and sit on the comfy-looking sofas they had toward the front of the store. I'm pretty sure him waiting would make me hurry, less likely for me to buy much, and he wouldn't get "anything girly" on him. Yeah, like it's the Cooties, LMAO!

Anyhow, I never realized until going back last year, just how much I miss that pictureque view of the Organ Mountains everyday. I couldn't get enough of looking at it, and took a ton of pictures. Growing up, I just took it for granted. Now I think it's phenomenally beautiful.

Tanya, yes Joann is still on University. The selection there is very limited so I don't usually get there unless I am by myself and I also try to get to Tuedsay morning then too. When I'm at HL my mom goes to Hastings. I take her to LC every 3 months for an appt with a pain specialist but yesterday was for a retina specialist so I get to go again next month. I can't wait to get to El Paso to go to Pizzaz. Thanks for telling me about it. I googled and visited the website. Very cool.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to NMlady

Great - now I want Kool-aid! I haven't had it in so long!!
I am very restless at work today. Just don't want to be here. Of course, when do we really WANT to be at work right?
Our loud person stopped in to work today. Ugh - hello Tylenol here I come!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to scrappy_day

OMG! I just looked at the sneak peek of the new BG collection, Clippings, and I think it is awesome!! There go more of my $$$, I guess no retirement for me, LOL!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to scrappy_day

Dangit, Chocklit! I started to Google the Pet Food Pantry's website and got sidetracked looking up stuff in Las Vegas ... oopsie! I'm off to look right NOW!!

Kory, if you haven't looked at my blog today, you should. And then ooh and aah. Not necessarily at my layout, but at the pictures. Pretty dang cute, if I say so myself, LMAO.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

LOL Tanya! Once I get on the web, I am so easily sidetracked. In case you haven't found the pantry website, it's petfoodpantryokc dot org.
So when are we going to get the hubs together and go to Vegas?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Cherry or watermelon cherry - or is that cherry watermelon?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

OMGoodness!!! I am SOOOOOO in for this! I found their FB page too. We will definitely try to come out for the Rescue & Dog Wash on 5/20, and would love to come to the meeting on 5/22. Sounds like an awesome organization!! Thank you so much for letting me know about it!

I got really jazzed about going to LV this summer, but won't be certain for another month or so. My SIL used to work for Southwest, so we got to fly for free (an AWESOME perk). She is going to contact a few people that still work there to see if they have passes going to waste. If that doesn't work out (I don't look for it to), we'll start looking for good deals ...so, not sure of our plans just yet ...

Kory, I just saw your comment! Glad you liked them, I knew you would! They are a handful, especially Hannah, she's a mess! Spanky is just a big 'ole snortin' ball of fur and slobber. They surprised my FIL with Spanky a few years ago for his birthday. Hard to imagine he was only 6 or 7 lbs back then, LOL!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

I LOVE the layout AND the pictures, Tanya! SO SO MUCH!
I have got to get a new bulldog baby. I just hafta. I can't stand being without one!

Their personalities work so well with me- I don't know what it is- but I've almost always been around them, too. My maternal Grandfather always had a bulldog- so I grew up taking naps and hugging them. lol

AND THIS NEW BasicGrey collection has sent me into a frenzy. IT IS SO FREAKIN COOL!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Thank you, dear! And yes, you totally need a bulldog to love. They are awesome, silly, funny and so cool!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hurry up and get a new baby!! One of my friends here at work is a Boston Terrier person, she has a male that is 4 or 5 years old, she told me today she is getting a female tonight, 7 weeks old, I can just imagine how freaking cute and sweet it will be! We keep saying we are going to get Chub (our Sheltie) a dog but haven't found one yet that we both agree on, lol! But hopefully soon I'll have a baby for my baby.
I can't wait to get my hands on some of this new BG, it is soooooo calling my name!!!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae

Well....don't have a true dragon lady here at my work, but I have the moocher. You know the one that constantly "forgets" to bring money in for the pizza luncheon but still sits down and wolfs down the food (yep, did that today). She states she is going to "make" something for a party, but usually buys the cheapest thing possible while the rest of us spend actual money and put thought into what we do. We used to pay to for our water cooler, you know, so you don't have to drink the nasty water fountain water. She wouldn't pay, but you would catch her back there gulping down the water. Yeah.....can't stand it. I'm about to walk in her office and ask her how she liked the lunch we all paid for her. What is wrong with these spoiled, young, entitled kids???? She is under 30, I am over 40, which makes her a kid in my eyes. My kids (18&19) are so not like this.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

YES, scrappyjae- DO IT! But turn on the voice recorder on your phone and record it so you can play it for all of us! lol

I HATE that kind of behavior!

-k

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

I understand your frustration Scrappyjae! I had a person in our office that used to do that too. She would say she couldn't afford it because she worked part time - well that's my problem? I work full time. We all have bills. Don't participate then!
Any one else's day just dragging on and on? Think they will notice if I sneak out the door?!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

CRIMENY!

You guys talk a lot!

Well, work has been ridiculously busy. I did get some pages done and a canvas, but I haven't uploaded them here yet.

It is getting too hot in the afternoon for me to scrap without ac. SO that blows. We have to replace some duct that cats tore up. *fist in air*

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Manda_K

I am stealing your title! Its a ruff life will work perfect with the pic i took today! Thanks!!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to tanyaham

Tanyaham, your scraproom is so cool! I am jealous. I share a small one-bedroom apartment with my boyfriend of 22 years. When I scrap or make cards, I have stuff all over the living room floor, which he patiently and carefully steps around. He's such a saint: he doesn't complain at all.

Anyway, I dream of having a house that has a room I can use for scrapping. I'd love to be as organized as you! I also want a dining room big enough to host "theme dinners." My first one will be my re-creation of meals in the Little House on the Prairie series (re-create to the best of my ability).

I know, dream on...

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to jaspernonyx

Ooooh, can Tanya come to the Little House dinner dressed as Nellie Olsen?

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Yea, Tanya can be Nellie Olsen. I will be Half Pint, since I have long red hair. Who will you be? There aren't many male roles--but if you just come to the dinner dressed "appropriately" that will be great.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Wow! KoolAid...haven't had any in years. I haven't even introduced my son to it yet!
Can't say what my favourite was (maybe cherry?) but I have a baaaad memory of grape koolaid, too much sunshine and a livingroom carpet.....

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

I don't think anyone wants to be a male character on LIttle House on the Prarie. They don't have long lives.

Mary had a boy - killed in a fire.

Laura had a boy - it died of some disease.

Mrs. Ingalls finally had a boy and it was a real tear jerker when he died.

And of course, the show went off the air with Albert, the adopted son having leukemia.

So would you want to be a male on that show?

I make a mean chocolate fudge cake from scratch - so can I come to the party?

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Henri--

Your cake would be AWESOME! The Ingalls family didn't have much by way of desserts--one time they had canned peaches and were just blown away! Savoring every bite and every drop of peach juice.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I have not canned peaches in a lot of years - guess I could figure it out again.

I thought they did have pies and simple desserts.

But let me know if the chocolate cake is needed.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

YUMMY Henri-- I want a piece!
Koolaide? Raspberry for me though we haven't had any koolaide in the house in ages! DS is 25. I do have a funny story though- I used to keep koolaide in the frig-- DS liked any flavor that was red- I would ask him-- what kind of koolaide do you want me to buy and he would say "red"- Like red is a flavor! HA. ANyway-- I got home from work one day and DH said "honey- what kind of koolaide is that in the fridge? It is so sweet and it tastes funny- don't buy that flavor again" to which I replied "sweetie- that isn't koolaide-- it is hummingbird food"
Scrappyjae- we used to have some moocher friends that would come to dinner get togethers where everyone provided something and they would bring a can of corn--They also asked their adult boys to come eat, too- We all got SOOOOO tired of it we started going out to eat all the time instead of meeting at each others houses--
I don't have a dragon lady at work, either but I do have a BUNCH of people who DON'T CARE what happens!!! It stinks to be the only one who CARES!!! Hence- I took this week off!LOL! I do have to travel to a meeting in the morning but them I will be off after it is over! Yay for me!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Henri--

They may have had simple desserts in the show. But the only dessert I remember from the book series is the peaches. Maybe my memory is off...

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Terri--

My boyfriend works at Hy-Vee, and he is usually in at 7am. This gives him time to get things cleaned and ready to go when they get busy. Sometimes, the person who makes the schedule will schedule him to come in at 8 or 9. His co-workers and shift supervisor HATE that, b/c my boyfriend is the only one who cares enough to help the store get ready to go. He is also GREAT with the customer service--his boss says that they get a compliment on Mark about once a week!

I have been on Disability since 1999, but I was the Acting General Manager of a Hardee's. Talk about being the only person who cares! It sucks. and you jump in to take care of things that others are supposed to do, then that becomes expected of you! sorry you have to work in those conditions.

Kim

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Your memory is probably a lot better than mine. Maybe it was the Waltons who ate pies!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

THEY SHOWED UP WITH A CAN OF CORN?!?!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Now THAT would be good for a Depression-era theme dinner! But for a modern dinner? I cannot believe it.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Henri--

I would love to be able to make cakes from scratch!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Does anyone else get the RFD channel on cable?

Does anyone else WATCH the RFD channel?

They have this crazily insane show called "Mollie B Polka Party." It looks like it's filmed in small towns, they show up, set up a giant dance floor and some tables they cover with cheap plastic table cloths, in whatever large 'meetin place' the town has, and then Mollie B hosts this big dance with different polka bands. Which I am amazed to find there's more than one.

I have become increasingly obsessed with the show, especially whenever Mollie B, herself, performs. She once sang a (horrible) song where she not only sang, but also played a trumpet with one hand and a piano with the other hand, and would sometimes switch to a saxophone she was wearing around her neck. I swear I wouldn't have been surprised if another arm popped out her rear to shake a tambourine.

Anyways, I'm so obsessed with the show because I like to watch the people dancing, and see what they wore- and then I like to imagine them at home, getting ready for the event, saying, "Hmmm should I wear my red shorts to the Mollie B Polka Party TV taping? Or should I wear the striped pink ones?"

Hmmm. Okay. I guess I need help.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

are you into the wine Kory? I had dental surgery today (including a bit of some bone grafting thingy) and so am a little woozy and it hurts when I laugh this much!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Even better than Koolaid....TANG!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I have drank nothing but some red Crystal Light.

Seriously!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• designguyKORY Said:
THEY SHOWED UP WITH A CAN OF CORN?!?!

Yep- All the time-- except once they brought a loaf of bread!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• jaspernonyx Said:
Terri--

My boyfriend works at Hy-Vee, and he is usually in at 7am. This gives him time to get things cleaned and ready to go when they get busy. Sometimes, the person who makes the schedule will schedule him to come in at 8 or 9. His co-workers and shift supervisor HATE that, b/c my boyfriend is the only one who cares enough to help the store get ready to go. He is also GREAT with the customer service--his boss says that they get a compliment on Mark about once a week!

I have been on Disability since 1999, but I was the Acting General Manager of a Hardee's. Talk about being the only person who cares! It sucks. and you jump in to take care of things that others are supposed to do, then that becomes expected of you! sorry you have to work in those conditions.

Kim

Kim-
Thanks so much for this! It is nice to know someone else understands!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Kory-
We have RFD-- We are people watchers and def need to check out that show!

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

That BG collection, Clippings, looks so cool!!! Just when you think it's all been done....

By the way, I saw Tang at Costco the other day.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Mr Mister

My boyfriend drinks lemonade made from a powder A LOT. Problem is, he's not really into measuring stuff, so sometimes his lemonade tastes like water and other times it makes me pucker it's so sour. When measuring, he always says, "it's ballpark." Maddening, but in a cute way. (except when he does it with my coffee--he's always too light on the coffee. again, it's ballpark of a cup of coffee!) I often have a dilemma: do I wake up earlier than him to make sure the coffee is good, or do I let him make the coffee? it's not easy to get me out of bed!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
Even better than Koolaid....TANG!!!

LOVE TANG! My grandparents use to always have it at their house so it brings back great memories.

Currently we drink carbonated water... We have the SodaStream and it is awesome! We do have a few different types of syrup we can try, but it is mostly water for us.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Rushli

Wait, what? You drink plain carbonated water?

Clearly, you're kidding. It's a mixer for vodka and a lime, right?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I'm even worse...our drink of choice is plain ol' water...with a twist of lemon to make us sound highfalutin We were soda addicts, but hubby was getting a Mtn. Dew belly and I figured I didn't need all the junk in diet sodas, so water it is. I have a gallon-size iced pitcher of it on my desk all day long.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I should drink more water. As it is, I drink gallons of coffee instead of water. In my life, water is for brewing coffee!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

• designguyKORY Said:
Wait, what? You drink plain carbonated water?

Clearly, you're kidding. It's a mixer for vodka and a lime, right?

No way! (I hate vodka.) I drink water to be healthy, and carbonated to get all the bubbly that i normally get from pop. I do not drink to get drunk, but enjoy a few drinks here and there. ( I am picky. Plus I have spent all but about 4 months in the past 4 some years pregnant, nursing or trying to get pregnant) My fav is red wine, but can not drink it cause it gives me hives... Next fav is a brown cow. I use to drink a small glass (light on kuluha, heavy on milk) every night before bed in college.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics