Page 2 of 101 
Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to designguyKORY

So if the cool kids told you to jump off a bridge, you would do it? Save your money, you may need it for gas traveling from city to city, especially at $5/gallon. Grow up. Think about your future. And I agree you are an enabler. But if it wasn't for all of you, I wouldn't know what the "cool Kids" are buying.

You all make my day. I told my dh about Kory's Payday Friday's and mind you, dh is as frugal as they get. And he told me, as long as the bills are paid and there is money going into the savings (we have two kids, one who is going to college in 2013 and trying to save for a European trip), he's ok with me spending some money on scrapbooking stuff. I still work part time, so the vacations are going to be paid from my paychecks as well as my scrapbooking supplies. Wishing you all a Kory happy day!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• designguyKORY Said:
awww c'mon, all the cool kids are doing it...

Ummm, that is EXACTLY how I got roped into reading Twilight. Not again. RESISTANCE!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Manda_K

And I am sure you enjoyed reading Twilight. And I am sure you will enjoy shopping.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Kory, don't you feel a "sick" coming on? Duck out of work early and meet me at MHF and we'll thumb wrestle for the stamps
Manda, you can meet us there, you know you want to, hehehe Come on and be a cool kid like us!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to chocolateaxel

Reading Twilight was like having a bullet to the brain only very very slowly.

I always enjoy shopping, perhaps TOO much!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I would feel a sick afternoon coming on- if only three other people in the department didn't already have the same idea, today!

I have Friday planned off, tho- so I'll probably be going then- especially if she gets the new stuff in from Mr. Holtz! Haven I mentioned a hundred times how much I need the 'Alpha Cards?' lol

-kory

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to scrappnmom2il

• Quote:
Grow up. Think about your future.

hahahaha

I do draw the line at jumping off bridges.

;-)
-kory

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Isn't there some epidemic of something going around? I know I'm suffering from terminal boredom right now, they should take pity on me and let me leave early

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

You don't look so good. Are you sure you're not coming down with scrapinitis or shopinitis?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Kory, I think you definitely have shopinitis. And I was just kidding about growing up and thinking about your future.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I knew you were kidding! lol
I totally got the joke!

but yeah...I feel something coming on...

My coworker just signed me up for the Basic Grey class that starts on Tuesday!

-kory

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Classes? really? Jealous! I need to check out my lss, maybe they have something like that. A's, M's and J's I don't think they do.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I am thinking of taking a Tim Holtz class if I can get in. Last time was crazy!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Where? When? What? Details, man, I need details! I can't bear the thought that I might be missing something
Just one short hour and I'll be shopping my little heart out at MHF, aren't you jealous?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

You all are cracking me up. Thank God this is on a computer, can you imagine if we were all talking via text or on the phone or skype. It would be CRAZY!

Thanks for making me smile and laugh and giggle. My dh was watching the news and they were talking about some police offivcers that were hit by a car and the driver drove off. Of course, I was listening with one ear and reading the boards with another. I started laughing when I read Kory's comment and my dh turns to me and says: "that isn't funny, it's pretty sad. Can you imagine what their families are going through?". Oh boy, did I feel bad, but I explained to him what I was reading and he said he understood, but I should be careful when I start giggling. Whatever.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

The news is hardly ever funny.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Hey Chocolate, did I ever tell you that for the longest time, I read your username as Chocolate TAXI? I don't know why, but know it's stuck in my head ever since.

The Basic Grey class is at the shop in Norman- Whole Lotta Scrap. It's Tuesday, 13MAR at 6pm. I don't really have many details about it- coworker asked if I'd do it with her and I said yes, then I gave her my credit card to call in and book my reservation.

AND I AM TOO JEALOUS that you're going up to MHF- haha
Do some undercover work for me, while you're there- see if the new Tim Holtz stuff is there- if you must, wait til she's not lookin and see if you can snoop thru the back- look for any boxes and see who they're from, if they're not open yet.

-kory

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
The news is hardly ever funny.

I agree. My timing was just off. Typical me!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

If you're that funny when you're timing is OFF...

lol

Yeah, the news was sad. But like Manda says- it's never funny. That's why I don't watch it.

k

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Not a big news watcher. Just watch it when I think my kid's schools are closed due to a snowstorm.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

You mean you have to watch for closings? Your kids don't sit one foot from the TV with their fingers and toes crossed, chanting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE before the first snowflake hits the ground? Cuz that's how my brother and I handled it as kids!

-kory

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Oh no. I will watch for the school closings. Then I go wake them up, make them get ready for school and once they're ready I tell them we're going outside to play. They hate me at first, but they're used to it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I had hoped to have a good Kory day here in Florida, even if it wasn't Payday Friday and have not made it to one scrapbook store! Nada!

We are in Homestead and BIll leaves every morning to go work on clearing the 20 acrea lot the and his brother and sister bought to get it ready to sell.

He did take me out last night to a pizza place and on the way home we stopped at an Ulta which resulted in 2 new pairs of sunglasses, a flower for my hair the next time we are in Hawaii later this year (matches one of my caftans) and 2 bottles of nail polish.

Not nearly as much fun as a scrapbook store.

Poor Bill sat in the car and waited while I ran into the store for a pair of sunglasses. I decided to just grab whatever I wanted off the shelves on the way to the sunglass and display and then grabbed some more things on the way back to the cash register.

BIll asked me, "Did you find the sunglasses you wanted?" "Oh yeah, along with all this other stuff that jumped into my cart."

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-07-12 03:16 PM

• designguyKORY Said:
You mean you have to watch for closings? Your kids don't sit one foot from the TV with their fingers and toes crossed, chanting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE before the first snowflake hits the ground? Cuz that's how my brother and I handled it as kids!

-kory

Things have changed quite a bit. The kids stare at their phones waiting for the text from the school.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I am so cracked up at chocolate taxi!!! But it would have been a cool name if I'd thought of it. Maybe I should change my name?
Now for the good stuff: shhhhhhhhhhh, everyone, don't tell Kory, I found the TH Alpha cards he's been craving at MHF, they only had 2 packages. Notice the "had"? Think Kory will mind?
ROTFLMAO!!!! Just kidding!
Uh oh! I think he put a hit out on me before I even hit enter for this post!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I have to say - I lurk here a lot - and I have been too shy to say anything before now.

Wine-O-Wars - I love it

and if there really were chocolatetazis who would ever buy their own car - not I!

I come here when I need a good laugh and I usually find one - thanks!

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

• scrappnmom2il Said:
Oh no. I will watch for the school closings. Then I go wake them up, make them get ready for school and once they're ready I tell them we're going outside to play. They hate me at first, but they're used to it.

Ooohh... You're a mean Mom. A very skillful mean Mom. I like it. : )

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Mr Mister

Ok, where's Kory? Did he go into shock thinking I bought the goodies he wants? LOL!!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• chocolateaxel Said:
Ok, where's Kory? Did he go into shock thinking I bought the goodies he wants? LOL!!

Remember, he has that hit on you? LOL. He's probably stalking all the stores looking for those goodies OR he's on his way to find you. Be careful.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Mr Mister

• Mr Mister Said:
  • scrappnmom2il Said:

Ooohh... You're a mean Mom. A very skillful mean Mom. I like it. : )

I love to play in the snow. Plus, they would sleep through the day if I didn't wake them up.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

Kory was going to work on making ink sprays tonight, so many that is keeping him busy. I only know because I am waiting to see the results in another post - I am NOT some crazy kory stocker, I promise.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tell me you didn't buy both boxes of the Alpha Cards!!!!

I think I can make it out there on Friday. If you didn't buy them all, traitor, I'ma call her tomorrow and ask her to set one aside for me!!

Alright- on to reply about the color sprays.

lol

kory

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Would I do that to you? Knowing how badly you wanted them? Bwaaaahahahahahahaha! You'll never know until you call her, will you? By the way, her name is Maura. I have this thing about needing to know the names of my favorite people, and she's definitely on that list
I picked up 2 of the Daniel Torrente stamps, all I can say is "awesome"!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, where the heck is everybody? I'm here at work, terminally bored and needing someone to help me stay awake
Y'all need to wake up and help me!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Alright, I'm in!

At work, too. Last time I talked about being bored at work and/or 'deskcrafting,' I got some admonishments about how wrong that was. lol

Catching up on the thread- I was occupied with making a mini-album last night, as a gift to my boss. I put pics of it on my blog, if anybody be interested.

AAAAnd, I'll be getting my alpha-cards, thank you very much for torturing me....but an important someone up there was looking out for me. By important, I mean Maura. By 'up there,' I mean 165th and Penn. Hahaha

-kory

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 03-08-12 08:13 AM

Ok, I have PayDay Thursday! Got an extra day in this check (long story but I'm glad it's there) and an extra couple hundred for something in our new contract. WooHoo! I will be holding onto that until Sunday night when Sizzix, Spellbinder and all that jazz are 40% off in ACM. Plus, I'll be using the extra 20% off entire purchase. Word on the street is that Lunie has a $10 reward certificate also. I might knock her out in the parking lot and grab it from her:)

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to PDRNC

I don't know about messin with Lunie, I have a feeling she's pretty tough, and has killed for less than a 10.00 gift certificate. ;-)

k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

It's wrong to be bored at work? Huh? I can't help it if I'm just too good at my job and end up twiddling my thumbs! Actually, it is the fact that I'm burned out and ready for a change. But the good news, change is a-coming! I switch to a new job position in the next couple of weeks, so my boredom will be short-lived.
HAHAHAHAHA! It was fun to yank your chain, Kory, I told Maura that you were probably coming in on Friday and to tell you that I bought all the alpha cards, we had a little laugh imagining what the look on your face would have been Now i can't wait for you to get them so I can see what you do with them!

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 03-08-12 08:29 AM

LOL! She's much taller than me so she might be a little hard to take down.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I guess I'm the only lonely bored person today
Sure does make the work day drag when all the work is done and all that's left is watching the minutes tick by, lol

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I'm back from lunch. Exciting trip to the gas station.

I'm sleepy, today, too!!

Trying to think about what I'm gonna make tonight! Gotta come up with somethin fun!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Welcome back! I need to make a birthday card tonight for my co-worker, her birthday is Monday. We are teamed up with "birthday buddies" and the buddies decorate each other's work areas on our birthday. I'm making a really cute pennant for her area plus the card, then on Monday I'll bring in goodies to eat

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• chocolateaxel Said:
Welcome back! I need to make a birthday card tonight for my co-worker, her birthday is Monday. We are teamed up with "birthday buddies" and the buddies decorate each other's work areas on our birthday. I'm making a really cute pennant for her area plus the card, then on Monday I'll bring in goodies to eat

This sounds awesome! I want a birthday Buddy! hahahha I think tonight I am working n a TH Blog post. no scrappy items, maybe I will work on something by the time I am done with the blog post maybe I will be inspired!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

I am board at "work" too... The kids are taking a nap and we are at my parents house waiting for them to get off work -so it is not like I should be cleaning or something. The wait is hard because I get to go scrap shopping when my mom gets home! (she does not know it yet, but considering I ask her to come with me about every other visit, I think she should be expecting it.)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Scrap Princess72010

It's really a lot of fun, we change buddies every year and it's fun waiting for your birthday to see what your buddy will do to make it a special day. Plus everybody goes all out to bring in yummy stuff to eat! Even though I've been soooo bored lately, I really do like my job and the people I work with

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Hiya! Wow! Things have been hoping around here. Being bored? What's that? Today I have to work on ordering some pictures for lo's and getting ready for a crop for tomorrow night.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

YAY!! I got the birthday card made for my birthday buddy! I'll post a picture as soon as my camera batteries recharge. She's a really cool person, totally fun and quirky (that's why we get along so well, lol) and I think the card just fits her personality exactly! Once I post a pic in my gallery, any and all comments will be appreciated

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I cant wait ta see it!

I've been working on random things all night...like I'm lost. I played with punches for a bit...then covered four chipboard pieces with paper, starting a new minibook but with no purpose. Just lost for somethin to do! Hellllp!

Kory

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I think you're blocked because your brain is fixated on those alpha cards
I have some pics, now if I can just figure out how to get them from point A to point B, LOL

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

That must be it!

lol

I'm also excited about the Basic Grey class on Tuesday.

-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

well, looks like I'm the Lone Ranger here this evening. I think I'm about to get a complex, nobody was around much all day and now I see tumbleweeds blowing by this evening. Hmmmmm, did I shower today? Yes, I definitely did!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

YAY!!! You're here, I was feeling so alone! LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

the Basic Grey class looks very cool, I just wish it was not in Norman, too far for me on a work night

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

excuses...

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'll make a deal with you, I'll take the class also if I get to call you when my clock goes off at 4:30 the following morning

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I'm here. It's been a very weird day. I am so upset. I can't believe that people are just so darn inconsiderate. I mean, I can't believe that I will always cover for someone, switch things around to help someone, but when I ask for someone to cover for me, I get a big, fat, NO! Argh! OK, so I asked someone, my co-leader, to cover a girls scout meeting for me, saying for personal reason (personal reason are to stay at my weekend crop - they don't need to know that so shhhhhhhhhhhhh, mum's the word - people) and she said NO!!!!!!!! I am covering for her for 2 weeks and all asked is for one. ARGH!!!! I am so mad I could .......SPIT! No... PAYDAY FRIDAY IS FOR ME TOMORROW!!!!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm sorry to hear that your "friend" isn't coming through for you, but that seems to be the way it is so many times. Some people are just inherently nasty!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, my lovies, as stated earlier my extremely rude and inconsiderate clock will be shrilling waaaaay too early so I suppose I should toddle off to bed. I'll see y'all again tomorrow

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Goodnight! Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite. Dream of those Alpha cards you got.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just got home. It's after midninght. Early morning appointment with the evil tax man who will tell us how much we have top give the evil IRS. Then to the evil doctor to get stuck with needles for blood work.

Sounds like the start of an evil day all the way around. Hope husband has enough money to pay off the IRS with him!

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to Henri Jean

Today is payday Friday for me! I'm going to Js tonight to get a Cricut E2 and a few accessories. Last night I bought some cartridges, tote bag, cart storage and more ATG tape for the retreat on-line. Last night when I was convincing my husband to say "yes" we DO need the E2, he said "There will always be another thing you 'need' before the retreat". I said, nooooo, I do *want* a lucky 8 punch, but I know I don't need it. Well....now I'm thinking about a xyron 5 inch sticker maker. I have the 150 X model and I LOVE it. Oy, he was right...!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-09-12 05:15 AM

• designguyKORY Said:
I don't know about messin with Lunie, I have a feeling she's pretty tough, and has killed for less than a 10.00 gift certificate. ;-)

k

D*** straight. One time some guy tried to steal my rotisserie chicken at Costco. True story. I actually had to kick him in self defense. So, I'm just saying... I have been trained.

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 03-09-12 05:24 AM
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
  • designguyKORY Said:

k

D*** straight. One time some guy tried to steal my rotisserie chicken at Costco. True story. I actually had to kick him in self defense. So, I'm just saying... I have been trained.

I wish I was there to see that! Let me know if you need that coupon for J's. I took the one from my mom's house. I can meet you there Sunday if you need it. No funny business...I promise.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to PDRNC

You guys are better than a cup of coffee in the morning. (You shouldn't mess with me and my coffee)Thanks for all of your humor.

Payday for me as well. Going to a crop tonight. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything. We'll see.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Good morning, all! It's Friday It isn't payday for me, but that's never stopped me, LOL!
I had a hard time getting up this morning and am having a hard time staying awake and getting it together, I need y'all to help
Hope everyone has a great day!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• chocolateaxel Said:
Good morning, all! It's Friday It isn't payday for me, but that's never stopped me, LOL!
I had a hard time getting up this morning and am having a hard time staying awake and getting it together, I need y'all to help
Hope everyone has a great day!

WAKE UP!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!! P(POKE...POKE...)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Thanks! Now just do that randomly through the day and I just might make itm lol!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-09-12 09:39 AM

• scrappnmom2il Said:
You guys are better than a cup of coffee in the morning. (You shouldn't mess with me and my coffee)Thanks for all of your humor.

Payday for me as well. Going to a crop tonight. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything. We'll see.

Well I hope there is not something there you need I think it should be a rule that if there is something you need or a super deal, that trumps a promise or a spending freeze.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-09-12 09:42 AM
In response to PDRNC

• PDRNC Said:
  • Lunie2nz Said:
  • designguyKORY Said:

k

I wish I was there to see that! Let me know if you need that coupon for J's. I took the one from my mom's house. I can meet you there Sunday if you need it. No funny business...I promise.

Lisa, I'm confused. I thought I was looking through the trash for an ACM coupon... Are we using it at J's?

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
  • scrappnmom2il Said:

Well I hope there is not something there you need I think it should be a rule that if there is something you need or a super deal, that trumps a promise or a spending freeze.

Exactly... or maybe we should just never go on a spending FREEZE... slow down - small budget - cash only spending, sure, but a freeze is just no fun.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Rushli

HEYYYY everyone!

Sorry I been gone all day- I wasn't at the office. lol Hope y'all managed to get by without me. Oh. You did. Fine.

I had today schedule off (I know, I probably mentioned it four times). I had to have a mental health day, AND luckily- had it off, so I could make it to a local shop (My Heart's Fancy) to pick up my new Tim Holtz stuff, so I could stop worrying about Chocolateaxel gettin' her dirty hands on all of it- hahahaha

Yeah, Choc! I made it! Got my ALPHA CARDS! I was surprised by their size- for some reason, I thought they'd be almost playing card size. I'm very happy with their smaller size- cuz as much as I wanted them, I was thinking, what could I use them for? But they are the perfect size. Guess they do know what they're doing while they design this stuff just for me.

It wasn't PAYDAY FRIDAY for me- but- hmmm. It's FRIDAYYYYY! Holly Busch went with me. She found some stuff, too- but I forget what it was, cuz I'm so self-centered. After the first store- we went down to Paper Crown, where I found some cool papers- some of the new Graphic45, some of the new Jenni Bowlin, and finally gave in and bought the October Afternoon BOARDING PASS die cuts. That has been my favorite line in a long time- I'm sad to know it'll soon be gone for forever. So I bought one more sheet of its cool papers, too- thinking- well, I'll show you what I do with it, soon. I almost bought the October Afternoon spray inks from the Boarding Pass line, but I decided no, since, well, I've gotta think about the future. haha.

Actually, I'll be at another LSS for the Basic Grey class on Tuesday, and I'm sure I'll find something I want EVEN MORE.

so- that's been my Friday. Holly and I went thru our treasures and I put the cool "Cha Cha Charm" record on the record player (yes, RECORDS!) for background music. Cuz we that cool. It was such a good time, I pulled a box of Franzia out of the fridge. And now, as they say, we're all drunked up with no where to go.

-kory

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 03-09-12 01:12 PM
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
  • PDRNC Said:
  • Lunie2nz Said:
  • designguyKORY Said:

k

Lisa, I'm confused. I thought I was looking through the trash for an ACM coupon... Are we using it at J's?

Ooh...sorry. You're right. ACM. I think I was just trying to throw you off so I had first dibs on the spellbinders.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to PDRNC

WHen I was on the last cruise ship I had a medical bill of $368.00 which was put on our cruise card with Holland America so it got paid in full with the other cruise expenses.

Today I got a check for the entire $368.00 (we have good military insurance) so its found money. Now... what to spend it on.

The bookcase I want for the guest house to put my scrapbooks on is about $800.00 - it may go towards that. Just don't know.....

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

• Henri Jean Said:
The bookcase I want for the guest house to put my scrapbooks on is about $800.00 - it may go towards that. Just don't know.....

Isn't it so hard to decide between scrap stuff and the much need storage that goes with already having to much stuff?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Rushli

Very true. I have about 19 scrapbooks and they are around 90 pages each (40-45 protectors).

Someone told me that they had their scrapbooks in the living room and no one looked at them. WHen company came they wanted to talk and visit, not look at scrapbooks.

Because the living room bookcases were getting full, she put some in the shelves in the guest room and suddenly they got looked at! She said guests weren't ready to go to sleep so they would look on the shelves for something to read and picked up one of her scrapbooks.

SO often in the morning they said to her, "I hope you don't mind but I looked through your scrapbooks."

I thought that is such a good idea, then if guests want to look through them it is in their time. My journaling is pretty thorough so nothing has to be explained.

And, my little guesthouse is done in sea shells and beachy things so I will put some ocean items on the bookshelves too.

That gives me my living entertainment center back which would be awesome. RIght now it is loaded with scrapbooks.

I made one book that is an index so anyone can look up thier name alphabetically in the book and it lists which scrapbooks they are in. When my brother visits next he can find all the layouts easily with him and his wife or he can look up one of his son's names and won't have to go through all the books and through hundreds of pages. It will narrow it down to the exact books they are in.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hello again, y'all. Sorry was MIA all day, my nephew had a massive seizure this morning and ended up in the hospital. I left work early to go make sure my sister didn't have a nervous breakdown. This is her youngest son, so she is pretty much a basket case as they try to figure out what is wrong with him.
Kory, sounds like a fun day shopping! And you got some good stuff, love the new stamp! Some of that wine sounds pretty darn good right now, too, LOL!
Okay, it's been a stressful trying day, so I'm calling it a night early. But I'll catch up with everyone over the weekend. Take care, all!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

I am going to be picking up a nail stamp kit.. If i can find one some places should be around 10.00

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Stephanie D

That index is a really cool idea Henri!

Darla - thinking of you and your family with prayers and positive thoughts!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Yeah, Ms. ChocAxel, I hope everything is alright.

I'm home. Well, taken a break. About to go back out. Watching CARMEN JONES on Netflix and havin' a glass of water. Then I'm back out on the town! Have y'all ever seen this movie? I like it!

Later!

K

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Oh Chocolateaxel, my prayers are with you and your entire family. Keep us posted on his recovery. Poor guy.

Kory, it sounds like you had an awesome shopping day. Just got back from a crop night. Will post pics of layouts tomorrow or Sunday. Spent $20 on stuff that I needed for the lo's. Saw the new distress markers. They're pretty cool but I have to wait til next time. Off to bed I go. Goodnight everyone!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Thanks, y'all for the good wishes and prayers! He is home now, will see his neurologist on Tuesday, I sure hope she has some words of wisdom! He has been having mini seizures, they have run every test known to man, rules out epilepsy and a host of other things but can't seem to zone in on what is causing them. This one was very scary, he fell and hit his head, and was disoriented for several hours. If they don't find the cause soon, my sister and I both may go off the deep end!
Now settling in at my craft desk, making a birthday pennant for my work buddy, will be checking in to say hi to my friends here. Hope y'all have a fun and creative weekend!

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_

while i have been eyeing the new bo bunny collection, a good part of my paycheck needs to go to rent and bills. i got some cute new lounge/casual wear basics from aeropostale though i am also saving some money for an upcoming cruise. the cruise is paid for, but i have my eye on a snorkeling excursion. i sadly haven't scrapped in weeks...lost my craft mojo, but found my cleaning and workout mojo which was lost for too long. lol

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Will be posting some of my lo's that I did last night using awesome paper that I couldn't pass up and embellies. I just bought paper. That's it. I had everything else. I was a good girl.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Kory and all - are you talking about the same Norman where Reed and Joel live, on Storm Chasers? In Texas?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Norman, Oklahoma.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Darla - I know exactly what you are going through. Seizures are rough stuff. My youngest is 35 and has had seizures since he was 16 when he had viral encephalitus.

If it helps, there are several seizure inducers which no seizure patient should touch and any one of them as they all can bring on seizures - they affect the brain. WHen Joe has a seizure I can usually figure out which one he had by mistake.

1. Aspartme or Nutra Sweet. We were told one stick of gum with this stuff can bring on a grand mal seizure.

2. Red Dye #40 - I just learned about that one when my son had 2 seizures after eating red velvet cake. Red punch or red Kook-Aid or anything like that is really bad for seizure patients.

3. MSG or Monosodium Glutamate - that is a huge biggie! Seizure patients shouldn't go anywhere near that!

4. Caffiene - althought some seizure patients can have a limited amount of caffiene, we were told to just leave it along. He drinks Sprite and hasn't had anything with caffience in over 10 years.

Another thing often overlooked is fumes. Those are the worst. Joe was spraying the patio for ants and had a grand mal from the fumes. We were at a marina in Hawaii and the fumes from the boats and gas brought on a grand mal. He lit my gas pilot light one night and had a grand mal that night and lit my gas fireplace starter one night and that was another grand mal seizure.

Stobe lights are another thing that could have brought it on. In the neurologists office they use strobes to induce seizure activity so they can measure them and see what part of the brain they are coming from.

When Joe was 18 he wanted to have a skate party for his birthday. I called the skating rink near us and asked about stobes. They said at least 8 kids had had grand mal seizures from the strobes so they no longer used them.

Joe has to close his eyes and look away when the police lights flash - if we pass an accident site or a police car gets close enough for more than a few seconds.

ANytime Joe has a seizure he is disoriented for a bit. The petit seizures for about 10-15 minutes and grand mal seizures can leave him confused for quite a while.

Joe is an excellent candidate for brain surgery. Actually, the make a small hole in the temple, smaller than an eraser and are able to go in a numb or destroy the cells that cause the seizures. They say he has an 80% chance of being completely healed of his seizure disorder.

Anyway, I know how scary it is. I still absolutely panic and have to leave the room and Bill takes care of him. I can't think of anything scarier than watching my son have to deal with this. He's on a dozen (yes, 12) pills a day and they are still breaking through.

Please let us know how he is and until he goes to the doctor, you may want to keep him off the items I mentioned above. Those are all seizure inducers and as a general rule, affect most people prone to seizures.

Every time Joe has a seizure, I'm a basket case. I get numb, my stomach hurts and I just fall apart. It is so hard on a mother, no matter how old your child is.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

We're talking about Norman,OK, where University of Oklahoma is (ICK!),I'm sooooo not an OU fan, LOL! But then again, I'm a native Texan and not a big fan of any team except my beloved Texas Tech Red Raiders.
Thanks for the tips, Henri, the ER doctor is the first to mention that it could possibly be allergy induced. He's been through batteries of tests for everything else and they keep coming up negative. So I guess we keep searching for answers. It's crazy scary for me as his aunt, I can't imagine how terrifying it has to be for my sister!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• Henri Jean Said:
Darla - I know exactly what you are going through. Seizures are rough stuff. My youngest is 35 and has had seizures since he was 16 when he had viral encephalitus.

If it helps, there are several seizure inducers which no seizure patient should touch and any one of them as they all can bring on seizures - they affect the brain. WHen Joe has a seizure I can usually figure out which one he had by mistake.

1. Aspartme or Nutra Sweet. We were told one stick of gum with this stuff can bring on a grand mal seizure.

2. Red Dye #40 - I just learned about that one when my son had 2 seizures after eating red velvet cake. Red punch or red Kook-Aid or anything like that is really bad for seizure patients.

3. MSG or Monosodium Glutamate - that is a huge biggie! Seizure patients shouldn't go anywhere near that!

4. Caffiene - althought some seizure patients can have a limited amount of caffiene, we were told to just leave it along. He drinks Sprite and hasn't had anything with caffience in over 10 years.

Another thing often overlooked is fumes. Those are the worst. Joe was spraying the patio for ants and had a grand mal from the fumes. We were at a marina in Hawaii and the fumes from the boats and gas brought on a grand mal. He lit my gas pilot light one night and had a grand mal that night and lit my gas fireplace starter one night and that was another grand mal seizure.

Stobe lights are another thing that could have brought it on. In the neurologists office they use strobes to induce seizure activity so they can measure them and see what part of the brain they are coming from.

When Joe was 18 he wanted to have a skate party for his birthday. I called the skating rink near us and asked about stobes. They said at least 8 kids had had grand mal seizures from the strobes so they no longer used them.

Joe has to close his eyes and look away when the police lights flash - if we pass an accident site or a police car gets close enough for more than a few seconds.

ANytime Joe has a seizure he is disoriented for a bit. The petit seizures for about 10-15 minutes and grand mal seizures can leave him confused for quite a while.

Joe is an excellent candidate for brain surgery. Actually, the make a small hole in the temple, smaller than an eraser and are able to go in a numb or destroy the cells that cause the seizures. They say he has an 80% chance of being completely healed of his seizure disorder.

Anyway, I know how scary it is. I still absolutely panic and have to leave the room and Bill takes care of him. I can't think of anything scarier than watching my son have to deal with this. He's on a dozen (yes, 12) pills a day and they are still breaking through.

Please let us know how he is and until he goes to the doctor, you may want to keep him off the items I mentioned above. Those are all seizure inducers and as a general rule, affect most people prone to seizures.

Every time Joe has a seizure, I'm a basket case. I get numb, my stomach hurts and I just fall apart. It is so hard on a mother, no matter how old your child is.

I agree with Henri Jean. I work with people with special needs and we have a variety of disabilities that we deal with on a day to day basis. Another thing, since he is young and more and more of these are coming out, are the 3D movies. This is something that can bring on a grand mal one for some a petit mal for other and nothing to others. You just never know. So we stay away from them. I had a participant (I am a special recreation leader) who was riding a stationary bike and the light flickered and went out in the gym and he had a seizure. On the bike. You just never know. Take Henri Jean's advice. Until they figure it out, make him safe. The nice thing is, with seizures, once you know what causes them, you stay away and things should be fine. Keeping you all in my prayers and sending you hugs.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Darla, my youngest brother now 45 has had seizures since he was a baby and he is not epileptic either. He has them when his temp gets to high - they used to call them convulsions but now that he is grown they call them seizures - he may not even feel sick but if his temp goes up just a couple of degrees he will have one.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Overheating or dehydration are major seizure inducers. Seizure patients cannot take a lot of sun usually - they have to have liquids in their body. We are careful not to let Joe cut the grass or do heavy work outside in the summer as that is really bad for him or any seizure patient.

Skipping meals isn't a good thing either - that can cause a problem. And not enough sleep. Those are all potential problems that cause seizures, really a problem if they are done together. But dehydration and overheating are super dangerous for anyone who has seizures.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• designguyKORY Said:
Norman, Oklahoma.

I looked it up and I got it wrong, the Storm Chasers ARE from Norman, OK. So I've seen where you live on TV. Cool!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Good morning folks. Yikes... we lost an hour this weekend. I told my students on Friday that I wasn't giving any homework this weekend because they would be losing an hour of time. They wee thrilled... didn't matter what reason I gave them. I am going to get some paper therapy this afternoon. Will make 2 birthday cards and a few St. Patty cards. Going to get co- ordinated photo
boxes at M's this week and take my mish mashed color assortment to school. It will be a cheap facelift for my scrap boom.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

If by knowing where we live means Oklahoma, you are correct. If you mean Norman, you're wrong, lol! I don't know where Kory lives, but I live about an hour north of Norman. Norman is south of OKC and I'm north of OKC. Just a clarification because I have a "thing" about being associated with Norman and OU, LOL!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

lol, you crazy, Choc!

What's your deal with OU? I think you're putting up a front- are you secretly an OU lover and don't want the truth to come out? hehehe

kory

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Hey all!!! I have been catching up for the past couple of days. Nothing in my life has gone anywhere near right for the past week!!!

I had Pay-Day Saturday this week, and I am on a spending freeze!!! But because of what happened yesterday, I was able to talk my way into being able to get a couple Distress Markers! I bought to of them and he bought one for me because he felt bad. So I am hoping that now I will be fine for the rest of the month as long as no one has a super good sale, or comes out with anything new... lol

I also used a 30% coupon from Archivers to get the markers, I only paid full price for one of my TH markers!!

A girl can hope can't see!!!

Edited by Scrap Princess72010 on 03-11-12 10:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Oh, Kory, where do I begin? LOL! I think I'll just keep it polite and say since I'm a displaced Texan, I'm not fond of OU. I think the majority of Texans feel the same way. I could expound for days with other reasons, but I'm sure I've offended more than a few people already by saying anything that doesn't portray the Sooners as the 2nd Coming so many Okies think they are.
Now I'm sure I'll hear from dozens and dozens of people for my comments, all I can say is to each his/her own.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Scrap Princess72010

• Scrap Princess72010 Said:
Hey all!!! I have been catching up for the past couple of days. Nothing in my life has gone anywhere near right for the past week!!!

I had Pay-Day Saturday this week, and I am on a spending freeze!!! But because of what happened yesterday, I was able to talk my way into being able to get a couple Distress Markers! I bought to of them and he bought one for me because he felt bad. So I am hoping that now I will be fine for the rest of the month as long as no one has a super good sale, or comes out with anything new... lol

I also used a 30% coupon from Archivers to get the markers, I only paid full price for one of my TH markers!!

I want some markers... but they do not have them locally, so no coupons for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Rushli

Bumping this one above all the SPAM.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Bumping this one above all the SPAM.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
  • Scrap Princess72010 Said:

I want some markers... but they do not have them locally, so no coupons for me.

aww that sucks! I dont have any LSS, just the big ones around me none of which are carrying them at the moment. I was so excited to get the e-mail from Archivers saying they had them in!!!!

Page 2 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics