Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to chocolateaxel

Omg, I love your new "show" can't wait. You should do live commentary while it's on.
I downloaded the MS craft studio yesterday. Played with it just a little. It was fun. I live on the iPad.
Did you go toPaper Crown today? I had a meeting in city today and I went by there afterwards. I saw all the stuff on the back table and thought of you. I bought the Cavalini tape and I can't remember. I resisted the Clippings, because then I'd have to buy it all and I need to finish some of the things I got started before I get more projects. I did buy a Prima 6x6 at HL on my way home. Had to hurry. It was "girls night" at work. We went to Magic Mike. Gotta love a good stripper movie.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Kk did you get the new basic grey/hero arts stamp? I just looked in the new arrivals and I really want it. HA are good stamps. I don't remember seeing it today or I would have to break down and start buying.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Darla so sorry your miserable. Is it from the shots? Surely they didn't wear off that fast (hopefully)

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl- I was there y'day- and I did buy nearly ALL the CLIPPINGS. lol. I think the only thing I didn't buy was the stamps- but only because they didn't have the set with the receipts, they only had the one with the letters. And I have a set of Close to my Heart letter stamps that are very very similar, so I didnt want the set that was mostly letters.

I LOVE Clippings. I even got the 6x6 pad. There are maybe only two papers I dont care far- but that's made up by how much I love the gray herringbone tweed fabric lookin paper.

You should've just bought it all, Sheryl. I did. And you'll always finish something and need more. See? I'm the voice of reason, as always.

Darla: I'm so excited about tomorrow! I'm going home at 5 and drinking nothing but water and fruit juice, so that I'm fresh and fully aware for tomorrow's class!!

AND I made a 'sparkly' version of our poster, in the Martha CraftStudio- using the glue and 'glitter' option. hahaha. I think it's more crafty.

new 'glitter' version of the CRAFT WARS: LIVE poster!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to designguyKORY

LOL, Kory, that's awesome!! My 4 1/2 year old LOVES CW (only she calls it Craft Wads -- which is more accurate). Do you follow Television without Pity? Their recaps on the forums are hilarious. Here's Craft Wars: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showt...

I'm torn between Clippings and Paper Cottage. Gotta see and touch them up close and personal before I make any rash decisions!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to LesleyC

Kory I love your new glitterati poster!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Well,Kory, I sure as heck hope you used white glue for the glitter! Wouldn't want Stephen whats-his-name to have a cow, lol!
And to answer whoever asked why I'm miserable, it isn't from the shots, I have a brain tumor cluster, have had it for years, but now it has decided to become active. I have MRI every 6 months to check it, now it has grown and shifted so it is pressing on the brain, causing brain swelling and headaches from he**! My doctor is referring me to a neurosurgeon, I doubt he will do much because the cluster is still very small. But because it is causing swelling in the brain, they might do gamma knife or something similar to try and keep the tumors from growing any more for awhile. I guess we'll see as soon as I get in to the neuro. I have some pain pills for the headache, but they knock me out so I can't take them and work. Bummer!
I made it to work today, yippee, lol! But my head is hurting so bad, I don't know if I'll make it all day. I think I hear my couch calling to me!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Darla - I am sorry to hear it is causing you trouble again. Hugs hun.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Kory, the glitter adds something, don't you think.
Darla, hang there. I hope you get a good surgeon who will fix you up. praying for you.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Thanks, y'all! I just heard from the neuro, the soonest they can get me in is August 29th, dang! Good thing I'm not in a coma or anything life threatening!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

OMG Darla! That's terrible! I'm so sorry!!!! I say it's Friday - you need to buck off work for the day and get on that couch! You need to be bright and chipper for your date with K-Man tomorrow!!

OK, I have to spill it here. I've already told Kory and he laughed. I just went to the "ghetto" M's and decided on a Spellbinders to get with my 40% off coupon. I took the card to the cashier (who was a young girl that I've never seen there before, I'll say that) and she looked at it, turned it over and looked at the back, then scanned the barcode on the front. The register beeped at her and she said "it's telling me to enter price. Is it this?" pointing to the "5 templates" on the edge. I realized the price isn't printed on them like at HL, and with a bit of a laugh, said "no, I wish. They're $24.99." She looked the card over again, obviously confused, so I added "they're locked up in there" and pointed to the cabinet across from the registers. At this point, the other cashier comes over, and about 12 people get in line behind me, all irritated that it's taking so long. The other lady looks at it, and says "oh yeah, they're in here" and proceeds to open the lock-up, which was apparently unlocked. The young girl went over, and seeing a very tall stack, says "here they are" and grabs one. The lady doesn't think it looks like the picture on the card (because it wasn't!) so they pick through about 5 more. This is when the girl turns to me and says "do you want this EXACT one? Or just any of them?" SERIOUSLY?? Seriously!!! I just know that my jaw dropped and my eyebrows disappeared, and I said "yes, I would like the one I brought up here to buy." Meanwhile, I could hear lots of huffing and feet tapping behind me, and knew the line behind me was getting longer. They finally found the one I wanted, and the other lady went back to her register. It was quite hilarious. That's what I get, going to That Evil Store, right Darla???

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

That's right, Tanya, M's is the devil's store!
I'm supposed to work until 2:30 but my head is hurting worse with each breath, I think I'm gonna knock off in about 10-15 minutes and call it a day. And if they don't like it, tough noogies!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm excited about tomorrow too, but I bet we need to be on good behaviour since it isn't Lisa teaching but Dina Wakley. Maura will probably expect us to be good kids since it's a guest teacher, lol!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

show of hands - who believes Darla and Kory can be good kids for the whole class without cracking up like the class clowns?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

but then if they were it just wouldn't be as fun!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

**crickets** LMAO!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to tanyaham

I have to say Tanya, you had me laughing out loud because I've had the same experience before at M's.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

I LOVE the story even more with all the details, Tanya!!!

You should've said YES, that IS the price- five bucks. Get her to manually enter the price, then just tell her to find it in the stack and while she's at it, add about five or eight more- doesn't matter which they are... then return and exchange them at Hobby Lobby for different ones that you don't have...

there you go, shopping for people with no conscience.

lol

ohhhh dangit Darla! Im sure sorry you aint feelin well- I hope your headache lays off! And everyone- I am actually the one with the good 'public' behavior. Darla is a bad influence and talks me into bad behavior.

hahaha

-kory

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

Kory-that crossed my mind too!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm the bad influence?!?!?!!!! Excuuuuuuse me!!!! Let's rethink this theory, lol!!! I'm not the one walking in with a box of wine under one arm!! I actually am a well-behaved person, although that might be hard for some people to believe! When I was a kid my parents were extremely strict and more than extremely scary, and if you didn't act appropriately in public, there was no telling what kind of punishment would befall you! So I learned young how to act in public!
My only worry about tomorrow is that Kory will crack me up and I won't be able to resume a properly decorous demeanor, lol!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

The saddest thing about your story is that there are people who will read it and still wonder why I hate M's so much!
But I'm sorry you had to endure such ignorance, Tanya!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Ok, classes with wine? I should really look into signing up too! Tanya, you just as well make it a foursome.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
This is when the girl turns to me and says "do you want this EXACT one? Or just any of them?" SERIOUSLY?? Seriously!!! I just know that my jaw dropped and my eyebrows disappeared, and I said "yes, I would like the one I brought up here to buy." Meanwhile, I could hear lots of huffing and feet tapping behind me, and knew the line behind me was getting longer. They finally found the one I wanted, and the other lady went back to her register. It was quite hilarious. That's what I get, going to That Evil Store, right Darla???

THIS made my day!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

lololol 'properly decorous demeanor'

Ohhh just got home from going with Holly to look at a bulldog - I didn't get her- I think she was older than 3, and I didn't really trust the guy. I can't believe how people will just want to get rid of their dog because their new wife doesn't like the dog or the kid or whatever. Ohhhhhh, people.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Ohh, I hope you find a new baby soon, KK!

I'm still cracking up over the girl today ...

OK, so this afternoon I started working on a layout for some 4th of July pictures. For my background, I chose a navy polka-dot from Echo Park's Dots & Stripes. Then I chose a red & white stripe piece for a long photo mat for a series of pictures. I was going to die cut a couple of white pieces to layer under the photos and on the sides. I got them cut, and they blended in too much with the white polka-dots. I looked around, decided I could stamp on them to spruce them up. I pulled out a whole stack of stamps, about 5 ink pads, and 30 minutes later, finally decided what to do. I took my time, and carefully stamped two different dots and a star in three different colors, to make it look as if they'd been die cut from patterned paper. I thought they were cute. I layered them under my photos, but they still didn't "pop." I drew some red stitching outlines. It looked OK, but when I had them both done and layed it all out, I didn't like it. So ... after several more minutes trying to figure out what the heck to do, I decided to turn them over and mist them.

I misted red, since the background was navy. When it dried and I layered it under the photos and red/white stripe photo mat, it was TOO red then. I took them back and misted some blue also. Again, I thought they looked cute. Got them to my page, and didn't like it. But I could live with it. Then I decided to pull out my box of spare and leftover letters (stickers, die cuts, acrylic, chipboard, etc) and do a mis-matched fun title.

I got it all glued down, a couple of buttons sewed on ... and I really don't like it. It's not by any means the WORST layout I've ever done. I just am not really happy with it, and I don't know what to add that will help it. UGH ... I would hate to just chunk it all and reprint my pictures and start over completely ... but that's probably what's about to happen. I worked on it for over 3 hours.

Has anyone done this? Worked on something and didn't like how it turned out? How do you all fix things like this??

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Yeah, pretty much every page I do goes about like that, Tanya. I probably try out fifty things - laying stuff down, not liking it, switching it out, and on and on and on- then eventually get everything down and do something stupid like dripping too much ink when I think I need just one splatter somewhere- then trying to come up with something to cover the splotch...

I got all my stuff out and packed for the class tomorrow- feel like I've either forgotten something they said to bring or packed way too much random stuff that I thought 'what if I waaaaaant it.'

Oh yeah! Darla! Tanya! I've got days off work booked off for CK in Tulsa in August. My birthday is the 16th, so I went ahead and took it off, too.

-k

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
It's not by any means the WORST layout I've ever done. I just am not really happy with it, and I don't know what to add that will help it. UGH ... I would hate to just chunk it all and reprint my pictures and start over completely ... but that's probably what's about to happen. I worked on it for over 3 hours.

Has anyone done this? Worked on something and didn't like how it turned out? How do you all fix things like this??

Yes! This happens to me too!
If it is really bugging me, I usually end up totally re-doing it....I've left pages that I didn't like so much (but didn't really hate) and then when looking at the album a year later, decided I really need to re-do the page....
I can't let it go, if I really don't like it...but that's just me

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

In our town MIchaels is awesome! The two scrapbook ladies know their stuff and I really like both of them - so helpful.

It is our Hobby Lobby where the people without a clue work. I don't even go into Hobby Lobby anymore they are such a lost cause. They don't help, they don't want to help, they are understaffed and they never have the right answers.

Our Michaels is very personal in the scrapbook section and its always very smooth at the cash register. I guess we are lucky but I'm through with Hobby Lobby.

Joannes is pretty good too. No quite as much on the ball as Michaels though.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Cool beans, KK! I have days off scheduled too! I wasn't sure when we would want to go, and I'll have to recheck my calemdar, but I think I scheduled Thursday and Friday both off.
The class today at MHF was so much fun! Dina Wakley taught it, we made an encaustic wax tag accordion book, and I have to say it was the best class I've taken in quite a while. I've never worked with wax like that, so I enjoyed learning a new technique. And the books all turned out so cute! If I can get a decent picture, I'll post it in my gallery, but a picture just won't do it justice. It's a textural thang, you really need to see it in person and feel it.
It is hotter than Hades here, and that doesn't help my headache, so I'm going to go lie down and see if my pain pill will kick in.
Hope y'all have an awesome weekend!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Darla is so tellin' the truth. Best class in a long time for her- best class EVER for me. I just got my blog post up about it- I managed to do most of the post on my phone while doing a hundred other things between now and then- then finally got a break and finished up the post on my computer.

I LOVE the book. I'm forcing everyone to stop whatever they're doing and admire it- NOW TOUCH IT, feel that?! THAT'S WAX!!! Two strangers didn't know what to do...

Also, for anyone who wants their children to consider a theatrical career- let's say you have two sons, and you'd love for them to at least give it a try- just do a show or two, even if it's working backstage. And they say 'Noooo that's for girls.' Well, that's when you tell them, "Imagine, opening a door and finding there's ten girls running towards you, tearing ALL their clothes off-" That just might make them give it a try. And who knows, before they realize there's nothing sexxxy about it, that they just got themselves in the path of a quick-change, they might already have a theatrical career.

Yes, that happened to me. Ten women, running towards me, tearing ALL their clothes off. Yeahp. Got in the way of a quick change.

Okay, it's 4:59. Which means that in one minute, it's gonna be FIVE O'CLOCK *HERE.* So I'm gonna run to the liquor store.

-kory

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Kory, I'm off to check out your blog next ...

Today was a pretty good day. I stayed up late last night scrapbooking. It was quiet in the house (other than a snoring basset hound nearby, and a snoring hubby across the house, LOL), and I was making progress on my layouts. I decided to set aside the "problem" layout, do some others, then come back to it with fresh eyes. I got two layouts done between cleaning and 5 loads of laundry. I picked it back up and decided that I would salvage my photos, the buttons I'd sewn on, a brad and a couple of the chipboard letters that I was able to pull up. The rest got dumped. I started over and am glad I did. I *REALLY* like how it came out this time! Just a few tweeks is all it took.

It was actually a relief, since I was starting to get a bit claustrophobic and frustrated with the PILES of supplies laying out. It was time to put it all away. I absolutely **LOVE** being able to put away all my supplies and have everything back tidy again. I tend to do that between layouts, it helps me think and create better. I even did a bit of re-organizing and purged some scraps. Ahhhh, I love having a clean and organized space!!!!

So meanwhile ... my hubby got it in his head that he wanted the new iPad3. When he gets something in his head, he gets blinders on. He ended up selling and trading guns with two friends, and promptly wanted to go to Best Buy, LOL. He had been talking about getting me an e-reader for an early birthday gift too, so off we went. He got his iPad3, I got the Kindle Touch and a CD I'd been wanting. I couldn't decide if I needed or wanted all the bells & whistles of the Kindle Fire, but for $100 more (that's a lot of scrapbook supplies, LOL!), I'll try this out and see if I "need" the upgrade. BTW, if anyone has one or the other, let me know what you think!!

So ... it's been a GREAT day!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Awwww I'm glad it sounds like a great day all around OKC! To everyone else around- well, I guess you need to come for a visit!!!

It's just past last call. I'm in a hotel room. One of the first six back after barhopping. Wild birthday party. God bless wi-fi, or my ADHD would really cryin'.....

I'm just about to pack up and head home- I have to be downtown by 11AM, and it won't happen if I stay around crazy people at a crazy party all night! Thanks to them for letting me use the suite's bedroom for a disco-nap and to photograph my ENCAUSTIC (gotta look that word up) TAG BOOK and get it all posted on my blog with what I imagined to be SPARKLING commentary. Remember that business school commercial with the 'no- but I've got a BRILLIANT personality!' girl? Annoying, yet catchy, but unfortunately also catchy to all the wrong people who REPEAT IT TO THIS DAY.

Not that I'm complaining- when done well, it is still funny!

I think I'm still on a pretty good high from this morning's class. What fun. If I could do the class tomorrow, I would. In a ******** heartbeat. I heart Dina Wakley. What a girl!

Tanya, since you stay so shacked up, you really gotta invite me and Darla down for drinking, smack-talking, and scrapping. I'll even wear my new blue pajamas. Cuz I love pretending I'm the husband in a 50's sitcom. While I scrap. Ha!

Oh, vodka and tonic.

-k

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I love you guys - it is early in the morning and you all are still asleep but you make my mornings sometime. Love the little album Kory!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

good morning

ohhhhh how am I AWAKE?!

Thankfully, all da LSSesses are closed today. I've pretty much hemorrhaged money since yesterday morning. And all I want to do is keep on GOING! I've gotta go back to the theatre at 11am for a meeting. What the !*#&!!! It's the only time it could be scheduled when the two actors can be there (back at work at HEDWIG! WHOOOOOO!) But I'm tired and drowsy. I'm gonna make something today. I can feel it.

Dina Wakley linked to me from her blog, and I've had over 300 hits, since. Dang! I feel so popular, now!

Ohkay, so last night, I'm at a party- and my cousin Andrea calls- I missed her call, so I stepped into the bathroom and called her back. "Hey Andi, what's up?" And I hear her little drunk voice slur, "Oh not much, just hidin' from the cops."

I LOVE MY FAMILY!

-k

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LMAO!!!!! I just choked from laughing!!! That's AWESOME!!!

Yes KK, I'll have to have you guys to the 'ole homestead one day. It's not real impressive, and you'll have to bring your own chairs ... but dammit, I've got a liquor cabinet that could use some company too, LOL! And actually, truth be told, PJs are standard attire at our house. Us, and our friends. When we have UFC or OU get-togethers, everyone knows to be comfy. Ain't nobody coming here they need to impress. That, and it's easier to lay around and pet my dogs, too. LOL

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

I'm so classy, huh? Inviting myself over! I can't help it- I wanna play with your dogs! lol

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

You guys so crack me up!!! Kory, you need to put a link to Dina on your blog so we can find it. I guess I can google it, duh!
I live in pj attire. From the moment I get home till last thing I do when going to work. On the weekends, my favorite thing is to stay in jammies and scrap all day. Heaven! I could go to some classes if I didn't have to get up and dressed in real clothes on a non-work day. If Maura has a PJ class, I'd be all about that.
Gotta MAKE myself work on DGD Heidi Swapp file folders I'm making. They're so outside the box, I'm having a hard time. I need to think like a teenager. If I'd go partying w/ Kory and company, I'd be closer. LOL Not that you act like teenagers, but staying out till 2, partying and the alcohol would make me loosen up and slap it together into some wild trendy, way cool thing.
Also, I was using sunglasses (black for lenses covered in glossy accents-cool) for tabs to turn pages, but my gypsy died (see other post) and I can't make anymore. Have to rethink that part.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

While I'm thinking about it, Tanya can you cut vinyl on the silhouette. I need to be able to weld letters together. I do lots of vinyl words for wall phrases. Can I do that on a Silhouette? Can I still download the software even if I don't have one? If so, maybe I should do that and play with it today.

No Sheryl! Finish you DGD project you lazy bum! Oops, talking to myself.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Hey, y'all! Just popped in to see if anything was happening and to say hi! I've been camped out on the couch again today, keeping the living room dark and cool trying to keep my head from bursting open.
Yesterday after the class, by the time I got home my head was killing me, to the point of making me nauseous, so I came in and took a pain pill and a nausea pill. Alone, each pill makes me very sleepy, together it was crazy! I was so out of it I didn't hear my phone ding when my sister texted me, after a couple of hours she called me to make sure I was okay since I didn't answer her text. This morning I had to ask her if she really called or if I dreamed that, lol!

Edited by chocolateaxel on 07-15-12 10:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

Do you have a Cricut, Sheryl? You can weld in Cricut Craft Room. Have you played around with CCR? It's pretty fun. Well, fun to the people without a classy Silhouette like Madame Tanya/Clarissa Elizabeth Boudaire. ;-)

So, after my show biz meeting today, I drove up to Darla's favorite store- Michaels- to pick up a few pieces of cardstock. No 40% off coupon this week?! Whaaaaat? I didn't know how to react! They have a 25% entire sale coupon. BFD. There's not enough I want in Michaels to make THAT worthwhile. Meanwhile, in the usual interminable wait in line for a cashier, the wait was made even longer than usual by a woman returning an item for a grand total of 1.94. ONE DOLLAR NINETY-FOUR CENTS. You heard me- NOT EVEN TWO DOLLARS. I wanted to ask her, "PLEASE, lady, PLEASE tell me that you didn't drive more than a block to do this return!" Her waste of time and energy just blew my mind. If I ever catch any of you returning something to M's for anything less than FIVE BUCKS, I'll.... I don't know.

haha

Okay, for realz. Gonna go make somethin'.

-k

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
While I'm thinking about it, Tanya can you cut vinyl on the silhouette. I need to be able to weld letters together. I do lots of vinyl words for wall phrases. Can I do that on a Silhouette? Can I still download the software even if I don't have one? If so, maybe I should do that and play with it today.

I'm not Tanya, but this is copied off the Silhouette site:
"Vinyl d├ęcor is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to decorate homes. Easy to cut, self-adhesive, and removable, vinyl is the perfect way to add your favorite quotes and designs directly to the walls of your home, car windows, and projects. Best of all, Silhouette vinyl is priced just right so you can just peel off your designs when you're ready for something new.
Premium Vinyl
Premium vinyl has a stronger adhesive that is removable for indoor use but durable enough for outdoor use. It's made out of pure magic."

They sell vinyl on their site, but I would think any similar type would work fine.~Judy

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Yes, I have a cricut. I've never used craft room though. Wouldn't I have to put cartridges in to cut? How does that work when you use more than one cartridge? What if you welded them together? Like I said in other post, my BFF has my cartridges.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Thanks Judy! Good info.

Did everyone see the $5 off today. Have to buy $40. May have to get the clippings off,my wish list.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl- you won't regret CLIPPINGS! I'm in love with it... you gotta get the 'tiny envelopes' set- too. It's worth it for just the little interoffice envelope. I can't wait to come up with a layout about work that I can use that on- I think I have an idea to do,,,,,

The Cricut Craft Room is surprisingly fun. I've not actually USED it to cut something yet- but I've played with it and made up stuff just for 'entertainment' while I was at work. Please, no lectures on how I use my time at the office. You know who you are. Hahaha. Anybody remember that? When, on Christmas Eve, I made the little book using whatever I found at my desk at work and I got lots of comments like, 'If *I* did something like that I would be FIRED.' Wow, I'm rambling and getting off track lots today. Anyway- if you use something doing more than one cartridge, I think it prompts you to stick in the next cartridge, to prove you have it... unless you're using a Gypsy, I guess.

And Cricut has vinyl too.

Dangit I still want a Silhouette. It's getting close, I can feel it.

And yee-haw, I just made a page. I'm proud of myself.

-k

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

The inter office envies look exactly like what we have at work.
I just tried to buy, but when I got to checkout, it errored out. The 12x12 pack sold out. That fast. Hmm, gotta re think this

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
  • Ohio4HMom Said:
  • Ladybing Tammy Said:
oh my we have been spammed methinks!!!!

Tammy, if you're talking about my post regarding the sites I found on facebook - no, actually I've been on SB.com just as long as you and they are actual sites I'm on that have great deals on used/like new or new sb stuff.

nope I know some of those sites - it was some wierd post by some wierd name with only 3 posts.

gotcha hopin it wasn't me LOL - I've been MI A for days - listing stuff for sale for my daughter and babysitting my scrapbook inspiration - that kids a hoot!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Ohio4HMom

Sorry Sheryl, I just now saw your post! YES, you can cut vinyl (although I haven't done it yet), and you can weld about anything with the click of a button. You can also download the Silhouette Studio software for free and play with it!!!

Hope that answered everything!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to tanyaham

@ Chocolate (Darla? - I'm so bad with names)

so sorry to hear about your cluster tumors but good news about the gamma knife - one of my 4-H kids had multiple clusters about 16 years ago and they used the gamma knife on her when it was still experimental and she's doing wonderful!

They've since made it so much better - I just pray for your sake they get you in sooner so you don't have to be in pain for so long

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Ohio4HMom

Thanks, Ohio! I had gamma knife about 5 yrs ago, but now the tumors are back, big bummer! The neuro can't get me in until close to the end of August, so I'll just have to keep popping the pain pills until then. Not much else I can do. They did put me on the cancellation list, in case someone cancels and they have an opening sooner they will call me. But the timing is okay because hubs should be home by then, and I want him here for whatever they decide to do.
I haven't gotten a thing done today, except lay on the couch and feel sorry for myself, lol! The laying on the couch part was true, but no point in wasting time or energy feeling sorry for myself, it is what it is and nothing I can do about it, ya know. Pity parties are for other people, not so much for me!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

Well everybody deserves a LITTLE bit of a pity party when their head hurts the way I'm sure your's does!

My brother had brain tumors as well - different kind. I know how bad the swelling can effect you... praying for you!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Ohio4HMom

I agree, Darla. Sometimes a good old fashioned pity party can help- but only in small amounts. Then you have to jump up and direct any anger and/or pity at others. Helps LOTS.

I'm demanding the best for you- You're too fun to hafta suffer thru this $*#)*. And I sure wouldn't want you to have to miss CK Tulsa!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Oh, honey, I'm not missing CK Tulsa, even if you and Ms Tanya have to carry me through the whole thing!
So pump yourself up, you might need some muscles!
Since I'm off tomorrow, my sis is going to take me to HL, she's afraid if I go alone I'll get too tired to make it home safely. Gotta love sisters! Especially one who is a nurse. She's making sure I'm taking care of myself while hubs is gone.
Yesterday after class was over, my head was hurting so badly and it was making me so nauseous, it's a wonder I got myself home! But the book I made is getting rave reviews so it was worth the pain.
Okay, my pain pill is finally kicking in and I'm getting loopy, so I'm taking myself to bed. Night, y'all, chat y'all tomorrow!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I expect pictures and videos of this CK Tulsa event!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to NMlady

I am hoping we get a Kory blog update every hour!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Mornin' All! I'm feeling quite happy for a Monday ... guess it's because I'm getting antsy and excited for my vacation in a couple of weeks!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

YES! Me n Tanya will have to do live updates. Oh! We'll do a video too! And when we are tired and ready to leave, let's have a competition to see how fast we can get ourselves thrown out, instead of leaving on our own...

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I think CKTulsa may turn out to be quite exciting! Almost as exciting as an episode of CCD! I wish Craft Wars were more like CCD, it would be so much better than it is now. And they could let me and Kory take turns hosting! Ok, y'all, get those cards and letters flowing to the producers, surely they will cave under the wishes of the viewing public.
On the couch again today, under the influence of pain pills, so I'm just hoping this post makes sense!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Maybe we could have a CRAFT CORNER DEATHMATCH party? We could invite everyone we know around town- and me, you, and Tanya can take turns being The Craft Lady of Steel. Well, um, obviously, I wouldn't a CRAFT LADY. But it's still so catchy, we'll keep the name. lol

We'll come up with the competitions. hahaha

I CANT WAIT FOR CK/TULSA! Who else, here, is going? Let's all meet at a specific time, and have a 'parade' thru the thing- Tanya can carry a flag in front, me and Darla can hang cardboard 'convertibles' around us, and wave and throw candy as we walk in a line thru the entire space and out the back door.
-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I think a CCD party sounds fabu!! In honor of your gender, KK, we'll let you be the Craft Man of Steel. Tanya and I can take turns being the Craft Lady of Steel.
And I can't wait for CK Tulsa either! I think it's going to be a blast! Come on, Okies, band together with us, we'll take Tulsa by storm!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

can you guys give me some of whatever it is that makes you so crazy.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

I'm only walking in front if I can wear my tiara. Yes, I do own a tiara. Yes, I have worn it in public before. Yes, a tiara is a much more PC version of a crown, and I'm fine with that. LOL!!!!

Sounds fun to me ... I'm really looking forward to shopping with able enablers this year. The past couple that I've been by myself, I tend to talk myself out of things. Then again, I got several things I hated when I did take a friend with me the first year, LOL.

Before I forget - KK, I responded on my blog, but here's the info too - the FB timeline photo banner thingamagiggy is the "new" thing that FB tried to make everyone convert to over the last few months. I like it, but not everyone does. I just checked your page, and yours isn't converted. Look on my page, and you'll see what I mean. I made three different versions (two LV and one dogs) - the one I have up now is my Countdown to My Birthday in Las Vegas photo collage. At least that's what I'm calling it, LMAO!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm sorry, Ms Tammy, I think you have to be born with it. Or maybe there is something in the water here? All I know is I've been called crazy all my life, LOL!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I have been too Darla but you guys are crazy in a fun way and I am a little down today (missing home a wee bit and my babies).

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm sorry you're feeling down, but I know how you feel! I have been so homesick for my friends and everything I left behind in the Houston area, I really need to take a weekend and just make a trip of it. If only I knew someone who might want to ride along to Houston??? KK? You up for a road trip to Texas? Tanya?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Road trip? I am always up for it! I'll have to get my motion sickness bracelets and Dramamine on, tho- I can get car-sick just riding to Wal-Mart. But it does sound FUN! I *KNOW* CK/Tulsa will be a riot and a half. We just know how to enjoy ourselves, don't we? I don't know how bitter people survive!

And Ladybing- I have a feeling you've got the crazy in you- you just need a spark to ignite it... Darla, do you have a passport? Maybe we should really go on a 'road trip' and go shake her crazy to the surface.

It's kinda like the play (and then later- the movie version!) - 'BUG.' Have you seen that? I love it- I loved the play and then when the movie came out, it was surprisingly so faithful to the play that it wasn't ruined and I love it, too. I think the biggest 'problem' with the movie was that it was marketed as a horror film, so the people who went to it expecting pretty topless girls running from a giant bug were disappointed. And the people who would've loved it didn't go, because they weren't interested in watching topless girls running from a giant bug.

Anyways, WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY- is that crazy fun is already in you, Ladybing- you just need to be 'infected with the bug' that's in one of us, which will then reproduce and grow and take over- "I'M THE SUPER MOTHER BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!"

(self-promotion, as well as promoting the great movie- the theatre company I work for is producing the play this Spring, so I'll see y'all there)

-k

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Tanya- WHAT? A crown isn't PC?! Why?!?!?! I have a crown! I've worn it out! Who have I insulted?!

lol

-k

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LOL!! Of course you have a crown! All I meant was that people tend to gawk at those wearing a bejeweled headpiece as crazy, and although I'd love to prance around in a full blown crown, I keep it simple with my small rhinestone tiara, so as not to draw TOO much attention. LMAO!!!

I actually hate road trips, LOL. If it's more than a couple of hours, I'd rather fly. I think it's because my childhood was spent crammed in the backseat of my folks car with several siblings, all sweating and sitting atop each other. And my dad would proclaim "THIS is fun, isn't it? Look how good you have it! Not ALL kids get to go to _______(insert name of mountain range here)________ with their families!! You WILL enjoy this!!!!" I didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't enjoy being forced to enjoy it. So now, I really hate road trips. LOL!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

CCD I don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound like I'd like it. Unless it has to do with being a smart ***. I'm really good at that. There are 4 of us that go on shop trips together. We always say b****es in the front, (cause they are into road rage and like to complain/choose where we are going -if you're really bad you get to be a hood ornament.) smart ***es in the back. I'm a really good back seater. I don't care where we go or when, as long as I can make smart comments along the way. nothing serious hardly ever comes out of my mouth.

I think the heat freaks us out. I'm hoping to go to Tulsa. Havent looked at calendar, but I'll give it a shot. If I feel good. I'm not as dedicated as Darla. I took my first pain pill in several weeks today. When I hurt, well, I could almost be a hood ornament.

Darla, I have a tiara too. Maybe we should all wear them as our calling card. But on Kory it would be a crown, not a tiara.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Tanya, that cracks me up. I remember those kind of trips. I had three brothers. I usually was stuffed in the back window space. Cause I was the littlest and would fit. It was better than sitting between gross brothers. But then they wondered why I got car sick. Hmmm. No seat belt laws in those days. Matter of fact, no seatbelts.

We would go to Colorado, take our pop up camper. Mom and dad would sleep or read leaving us kids totally bored to death!!!! Once we rented horses to ride a trail, but we all grew up with our own horses and motorcycles. The horses could not be forced off the trail. We tried. My brothers kept trying to do hand stands in the saddles. I rode backwards. Needless to say,the folks didn't take us to do that again. We rented cycles once. They were the slowest things ever. Since we all had our own, that wasn't very exciting. Guess that's why they opted for sleeping, since we didn't do that at home. LOL

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl- CCD is 'Craft Corner Deathmatch.' It's everything Craft Wars could beg/dream/wish to be... It's from a few years back- from the Style Channel.

Tanya- Anything too far, I'd have to fly, too. Dallas is pretty much as far as I could stand in a car- but, Houston just a bit further- and Darla makes anything fun. Two times (two STUPID times) I drove to New Orleans. Both times, I was forced to drive the entire way. It was TORTURE! And I get MEAN! One time, I was in Dallas, a hobo flashed me and started chasing me and I fell in a ditch and broke my ankle. The next week (seriously, one week later) I'm in the backseat of a car on my way back to Dallas, leg in a cast and all, and I'm so mean just cuz I'm in the car and I guess didn't really want to go but two friends talked me into it- and I'm ranting away about something when the car swerves and brakes onto the shoulder, my friend jumps out, runs to the trunk, mixes a cocktail and comes back - hands it and three painkillers to me and says, "Take these, drink this, and shut the #@& UP. If you make one more sound before we put you in the hotel room, we will LEAVE YOU ON THE INTERSTATE." lol -best road trip I ever had.

-k

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

No wonder, we've never had the Style Channel here.

I'm seriously busting a gut about about your hobo episode.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to SherylEb

Kory would look silly in a tiara. He has to wear the crown.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

well, Sheryl- if just hearing a brief moment of the story there was that amusing, I'll have to sit down with you one day and tell you the entire saga, from the beginning to the broken ankle end....

-k

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

• designguyKORY Said:
Sheryl- CCD is 'Craft Corner Deathmatch.' It's everything Craft Wars could beg/dream/wish to be... It's from a few years back- from the Style Channel.

Tanya- Anything too far, I'd have to fly, too. Dallas is pretty much as far as I could stand in a car- but, Houston just a bit further- and Darla makes anything fun. Two times (two STUPID times) I drove to New Orleans. Both times, I was forced to drive the entire way. It was TORTURE! And I get MEAN! One time, I was in Dallas, a hobo flashed me and started chasing me and I fell in a ditch and broke my ankle. The next week (seriously, one week later) I'm in the backseat of a car on my way back to Dallas, leg in a cast and all, and I'm so mean just cuz I'm in the car and I guess didn't really want to go but two friends talked me into it- and I'm ranting away about something when the car swerves and brakes onto the shoulder, my friend jumps out, runs to the trunk, mixes a cocktail and comes back - hands it and three painkillers to me and says, "Take these, drink this, and shut the #@& UP. If you make one more sound before we put you in the hotel room, we will LEAVE YOU ON THE INTERSTATE." lol -best road trip I ever had.

-k

ok I am laughing now! Yes Kory I do have the crazy in me, just it is longing for Canada and doesn't know anyone yet enough here in England to come out. Although I do have some new friends here who I think will nurture it right along with their own brand of crazy - love it already.

I have decided I am not going to feel sorry for myself today in the 50 days of rain and missing my babies (had an updated on them this morning with a couple of photos), and am going to create!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Oh man. I just saw pictures of the Doodlebug booth at CHA and wish I could live there. It's awesome, as it always is. I'm completely awe-struck by the talent and creativity their team has. I want to be part of that.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Ohhhh Tanya- I'm dyin a little bit inside every time that a CHA ad/blog post/photo/whatever catches my eye. I'm a perfect nobody but I feel like I SHOULD BE THERE. lol I've been trying to dream up a scheme all day- "Hmmm. I wonder, if I flew to Chicago last minute, if I could possibly talk my way in? Or sneak in? Disguise myself as a delivery guy and carry a box marked 'Urgent CRAFT SUPPLIES'???

I'm saying it first, right here- right now. I'm gonna be the next CHA. One way or another. I'm getting' in!

Darla?! Where you at? I'm guessing you're at work and the Dragon Lady is keeping you from us- I hope you're not feelin' too bad! Get your rest for CRAFT WARS LIVE tonight! I'm just 'bout to make the thread! I think I'll do it at 7CST. K? That a deal? lol

Everybody else, join us! Turn to TLC and log in here at the forum and we'll discuss this piece!

-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, y'all, I'm here! I didn't make it to work today, my head was hurting so bad it surprised me every time I looked in the mirror that my eyeballs weren't bleeding! But 2 pain pills and a couple hours sleep, I'm ready for Craft Wars!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I got my car back from its "wheel loss adventure". All new parts, detailed, looks fab. Yea!!!!!
My internet is.down. so upset. CHA started, Craft Wars commentary. I'll never make onHTC. can't se enough..I should just go read a book and go to bed early.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I hate to burst your delusional bubble, KK, but you're not a nobody! You are definitely a somebody! And a special somebody too, I might add!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Could u not make a special bouquet and rush in like u have a special delivery. I mean who would kick out a guy with flowers that could be for them????

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

ooooh that's thinkin' Sheryl! Great idea!

And thanks for the affirmations, Darla! And wow- great show tonight! We broke legs!
and now, I sleep.

-k

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

OK, remember the young, inept girl at Michaels that knew nothing about the Spellbinders dies? Yeah, I had another "interaction" with her yesterday. I realize she's young, and new, but still. Maybe she needs to have a summer job at Sonic or something.

I took my items to the register, including a cute vase that was out of place with no tag, but in a section of marked down clearance items. I asked her if she could find out how much it was, so that I could then decide if I wanted it or not. I had a frame that was $14.99, on sale for $9.99, some replacement blades for my Fiskars trimmer that were $6.99, a couple of $1 items and another little doohicky that was $2.99. I had a 40% off one item coupon (which would be off the $6.99 blades), and the 25%off total purchase, including sale items coupon.

She set the vase without a tag aside and said she'd go check on it in a minute. I showed her that I had the two coupons, and she said I could only use one. I said "really? I've always been able to use both types before..." and she again said only one coupon per day. I repeated that I should be able to use both coupons. She said no, I couldn't. Another cashier came over and said YES, I could use them both, she'd been ringing them up that way all day. I smiled and said thank you, the young girl scowled.

She rang up everything, then asked where I found the vase. She said "I'll be right back" and left me, and two other women in line standing there. She still hadn't rang up my coupons. We waited probably about 5 minutes or so, when the other cashier (who was doing cleaning and restocking) told us that she couldn't open another register, because she was supposed to be on this one. She then left to go find the girl, and I called after her to forget the vase, it wasn't that big of a deal. Finally she came back and still didn't have a price. I told her AGAIN to forget it, but she said "oh no, it's fine" (leaving a line full of people waiting) and called someone to read off a SKU to her that she typed in, and rang up. It was $5.99, which I wouldn't have wanted for that price, but I would be getting 25% off, so I just let it go. She scanned my 40% off, then the 25% off, and with even more people in line getting restless, she was rushing. I tried looking at the monitor and I didn't see the 40% taken off anything. I'd already swiped my card, and she was holding my bags at me to go, but I stood my ground and checked my receipt. No 40% off.

She said "well I scanned it" and started to check the lady behind me, and I said "it's not on here" and showed her my receipt. The other cashier took over and we moved to another register. She quickly scanned the receipt, noting it should've taken it off the highest priced item. She said "it should've come off the $9.99 frame" and took it out of my bag. I told her the frame was on sale, but she said it didn't ring up as on sale, so she was going to return it, then re-ring it with the two coupons. I said OK, and she returned it. When she re-rang it, guess what? It was ON-freakin'-SALE, just like I told her! So then she looks at my original receipt again, realizing the blades were the highest priced item not on sale. She took those out of my bag too, and returned them. She re-rang them up, and took the 40% off, and hit total. I told her she forgot the other 25% off, so she did that one too. Came out to $4.54, which is what I re-ran my card for. She put the frame and blades back in my bag, handed me a pile of receipts and was guiding me out the store, apologizing for having screwed up. It wasn't until I got home and looked over all the receipts, that I realized she never re-rang the frame! Oh well, suits them right.

I *should* do the right thing by taking it back in and paying for it. But I think THEY should do the right thing and not hire dummies to be the ONLY cashier at 5pm at a busy location! What do you guys think? Should I do the right thing? Or just say 'screw em' and be done with it?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

I say consider it restitution for what they put you thru-

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

I say screw it, since Ms is the devil's store they deserve to be screwed!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LOL! That's sort of how I looked at it ...

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to tanyaham

The vindictive part of me says to do nothing because it was their fault for having dumb people work there, but the good part of me would return it. If I chose to shop somewhere, that's my fault, not the store's, especially if I already knew they ran things in a silly manner and the store made me mad.

I suppose the good part of me would feel bad for knowingly cheating a store, even if I think they deserved it. I'm glad we don't have M's here ;)Don't stoop to their level, LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hey, y'all! How's everyone doing? It's so quiet in here, I hope y'all are okay! I am home again, laid up on the couch after taking my pain pill. My sister is already threatening to put me in rehab if I don't go back to work soon. She is a nurse and she said "I won't have a sister who's a pain pill junkie", lol! But right now the pain pills are the only thing that keep me from running screaming through the streets from the pain! I talked to my doctor this morning and she was able to pull some strings with the neuro and got my appointment moved up from the 29th to the 10th. Yay!! I am so ready to get something done so I can resume my normal life! I can't believe it but I'm tired of being stuck here at home, laid up on the couch, dopey from pain pills! And I'm definitely tired of my head hurting!
I wouldn't mind being home from work if I felt like being in my scrap room working on stuff in there.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Tanya, I say serves them right. I wouldn't bother to take it back. That $7.50 frame would cost you a lot more for more gas and then they wouldn't want to do anything to fix it. I'd bet money, they'd just say forget it.
Darla, I so feel sorry for you. Nothing worse than being home but still unable to accomplish anything. I took pain meds off and on...more on than off for over five years. You won't get hooked. I still take some, but not constant anymore. I had to do like you. Take a nausea pill so you can take the pain pill. Just kind of live in a daze. I hope they get you in faster yet, but glad they could get you a couple of weeks sooner. Always seems like getting in is the hard part. Then they move fast, unless he's getting ready for vacation. I've went to Dr Hahn at Mercy. Haven't had back surgery. I'm waiting as long as can. Have to get kidneys working right first. Im a stoner.
My son, now 21, had his occipital lobe removed when he was 9. He had 6-12 grand mall seizures a day. We had to go to Texas to get him fixed (due to age), but hasn't had one since.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Thanks, Sheryl! I'm so glad to be getting in sooner, but it still isn't quite soon enough to suit me! I told my sister I really don't care if I get hooked on pain pills, that's better than other stuff I could get addicted to, lol! And I'm trying to space them out, I usually only take 2 sometimes 3 per day. The label says I can take 1 every 6 hours so I'm well under that. But if I took 1 every 6 hours, I don't think I would have a conscious moment all day, lol! They really zap me.
Hope everyone is great! Miss y'all!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Oh Darla, I hope they have another cancellation and get you in! No fun being on pain pills. When The Hub had back surgery, he was used to taking a pain pill at night and 800mg ibuprofen during the day. In the hospital, they put the pain meds into his IV and he said "I can totally see why people get hooked on this $*!t" LOL. A few days after he came home, I started weening him off because he was becoming more and more depressed and down. And it didn't help that all the meds were "stopping him up," so he just didn't feel good. As soon as the meds were cut back, he started getting back to normal. Well, normal for him, LMAO! I hope you are able to get all the issues fixed for good very soon!!

OK, I just have a gripe & vent. I found out late last night that my newly married, ungrateful nephew is going to piggyback the family birthday party for me and my MIL next weekend. His birthday isn't for another 3 weeks after that! I know he's only coming to collect gifts, but won't bring any for anyone else. We've never had an issue with that, because he was "one of the kids," and he was always polite and said thank you. Now that he claims to be "an adult," he needs to ACT like one, responsibilities and all. We still haven't had any type of acknowlegement (much less a thank you) for our wedding gift.

Speaking of, my blog post today is the layout I did about their wedding. The Hub looked at it, and said "WOW, that makes their wedding look really classy. Kind of sad that the layout is much nicer than their wedding was." LOL!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

oh Tanya your dh is right - I would never have guessed this was THE wedding!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LOL Tammy! THANK YOU!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all! It's just a little past 5AM here, and I can't believe I'm awake! Unfortunately, the pain in my head woke me up about a half an hour ago. I had hoped to feel well enough to make it to work today, but when I have to start my day with a pain pill it doesn't look promising.
Ms Tanya, I checked out ur blog, very nice LO, prob much nicer than the actual event if ur description of the wedding and the happy couple was accurate, lol!
KK and Ms Tanya, tomorrow is Demo Day at MHF, if the pain in my head allows, I'm planning on going, y'all gonna try to go?
Also KK, did u see that Tim Holtz now has an app for iPhone and iPad. I already got it, looks pretty cool and a great way to keep inventory and wish list. No more standing pensively in front of the distress ink pads wondering "do I already have this one?"
Hope y'all all have a great day! I'll check in again next time I hit consciousness and see if anything is happening here on my fave thread! And hope everyone has a great weekend!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Thank you Miss Darla, I hope you get to feeling better! I will be at the lake tomorrow, so no Demo Day for me ... Have fun with KK if y'all go!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Well, bummer, Ma Tanya!
Ya know, I'm not a summer person because I so hate hot weather, but now I'm really ready for summer to be over so you can start playing with us on weekends instead of going to the lake! LOL!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I am pretty sure I can make it to Demo Day - text me in the morning if you're going to be able to make it!

Today is PAYDAY FRIDAY!

I started celebrating, early, tho- I bought a new printer, last night. I wanted one of them classy wireless HP printers that you can print from iPad/iPhone/computer, without hooking it up to my laptop or anything- you know, wireless like it's called. lol I love it. I can lay on the bed, and print an Instagram from my phone and it shoots out of the printer across the room.

I bought the printer, got home, took it out of the box and the glass (on the scanner/copier part) was totally broken. So I had to take it back and exchange it- they let me keep the pack of photo paper and ink that was in the broken one!

TANYA! WHAT is it at 'the' lake, anyways? Besides muddy water? Can't believe your lake and husband are more important than DEMO DAY! haha

oh bored at work, day will never end.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I LOVED your running commentary on the Craft Wars show guys! It cheered me up on a bad day.

We looked out of the window this morning and saw "our" 2 year old male deer (wild, but we have watched him growing up from a tiny fawn) had broken his leg. It was horrible, just swinging from the joint. I got a guy out from animal rescue and he couldn't do anything because the little chap was still running round and too strong to catch.

It may survive on 3 legs, but it is likely to be the end for it. I'm crying as I type this. So upsetting.

ETA: Here he was in April. He's lost that adorable velvet on his antlers now. http://squirrel-nuts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/some-more-g...

Edited by RedSquirrel on 07-20-12 08:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to RedSquirrel UK

That is too sad about the deer! I hope he isn't in pain! Can't animal rescue shoot him with a tranquilizer dart then catch him and take care of him? Maybe I've seen too many movies?
KK, I'll text u in the AM if I'm up to going to Demo Day.
I, too, wonder what Tanya has hidden at "the lake" that is better than Demo Day and being with us!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

So sorry about the deer. They can make it on three legs. My FIL has a farm with quite a few deer. There's one with three legs that has been there for years. When my son started hunting, he thought he'd for sure get that one if nothing else. He was way too smart to come out. Never even saw him during hunting season. When it's over, then we see him.
Darla hope your head is feeling better.
Tanya have fun at the lake. My secretary is leaving at noon today until next Wednesday and going to Tenkiller. I'm not really a lake person. Used to when my kids were little cause they loved it. I just can't sit out there on the water doing nothing. I think of all the things I could be doing at home.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics