Page 3 of 101 
Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Scrap Princess72010

Okay, I know it's Monday, and everyone is trying to adjust to the time change, especially cranky Kory (lol, just kidding, my friend), but where is everyone today? This thread is just too quiet! All I hear is the voices in my head, and we all know that's not a good thing

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

Yes, I am CRANKY today. Seriously cranky.

I did update my blog, tho! Late yesterday with a post about making 'ribbon,' and one is set to go at 12:30, with the results of my little 'contest.'

Ohhh will this day end?!

I'm on my lunch break- gas station burrtio time!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Oh Darla, I thought maybe we could get along, but you being a non-OU fan, I am not so sure.....GO SOONERS!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

BOOMER SOONER, BABY!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Just checking in. Just watched the latest episode of Desperate Housewives on the computer - don't deal in real time with commercials.

Not much going on. Bill is at the rental house (big storage place in back for license plates - over a million are stored there) and he is picking plates to go to Las Vegas with us later this week. WIll probably take at least 15,000. Dreading this trip.

THen we both have doctors consults at 3:00 - after that Bill has a secret shopper thing at a gym and then a secret shopper thing at Panera bread. I have a lot of time to myself this morning and this after for scrapping. Goal is to complete Beijing today and China before we leave for Las Vegas.

Have a crop April for 2 days and want to have about 80 or 90 pages ready to go and that will catch me up.

WIll be with my son this weekend in Atlanta and we may all go to World of Coke and/or the aquarium. No matter what we do it will be a weekend with the baby so there will be more to scrap!

At least I have 2 months and a couple weeks when we get home to be completely caught up. Shouldn't be real difficult if I will just get on it!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-12-12 09:56 AM
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
Yes, I am CRANKY today. Seriously cranky.

I did update my blog, tho! Late yesterday with a post about making 'ribbon,' and one is set to go at 12:30, with the results of my little 'contest.'

Ohhh will this day end?!

I'm on my lunch break- gas station burrtio time!

You had a little contest? I missed it. Will go sneak a peak.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hi, Kory! I saw your blog last night about making ribbon, very cool idea! Now I'm all bummed, we can't access blogs here at work so I won't know the results of your contest until this evening, no fair!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Lunie

Good afternoon to all! I hate this weather change here in the suburbs of Chicago. First it's nice, then it's cold and now I have the worst cold. I go on a job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck. If I get it, I will be working temporarily at my son's, soon to be daughter's high school's cafetaria. Don't need to take this job, have another part time job with special recreation, but this will allow me to travel more with my family and of course more scrapbooking supplies. And what's this about a contest Kory?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Okay, Manda, I understand if you don't want to be my friend since I'm a non OU fan, guess that makes me the bigger person because I'm willing to forgive you and overlook the fact that you are a fan

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

The first Christmas we lived here, I bought a Boomer Sooner snow globe and put in my DH stocking as a gag gift, I thought he was going to strangle me! We are both native Texans and Texas Tech fans, so you'll just have to bear with me, LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

And just for the record, I absolutely adore the time change!!!! I always get b$tchy when it changes in the fall, but love, love, love the spring change. Now excuse me all, I have to go do my happy dance

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Just checking in. Just watched the latest episode of Desperate Housewives on the computer - don't deal in real time with commercials.

Not much going on. Bill is at the rental house (big storage place in back for license plates - over a million are stored there) and he is picking plates to go to Las Vegas with us later this week. WIll probably take at least 15,000. Dreading this trip.

THen we both have doctors consults at 3:00 - after that Bill has a secret shopper thing at a gym and then a secret shopper thing at Panera bread. I have a lot of time to myself this morning and this after for scrapping. Goal is to complete Beijing today and China before we leave for Las Vegas.

Have a crop April for 2 days and want to have about 80 or 90 pages ready to go and that will catch me up.

WIll be with my son this weekend in Atlanta and we may all go to World of Coke and/or the aquarium. No matter what we do it will be a weekend with the baby so there will be more to scrap!

At least I have 2 months and a couple weeks when we get home to be completely caught up. Shouldn't be real difficult if I will just get on it!

Watched Desperate Housewives this morning as well. Unbelievable is all I can say!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to scrappnmom2il

@Henri Jean I have no words for you hahhaa You have so much going on yet you still find time to scrapbook! You always amaze me!

@chocolateaxel I almost went to OU I had a chance at a scholarship there. I was a big OU fan all thru high school. (Mainly a BUCKEYE fan) I decided to stay local instead. Knowing all you guys now I wish I would have taken it and stayed in the area!!!

Anyways now to post what I came to post, I think I am going to go out and look for a typewriter today. I think I am going to check all the local thrift stores to see if I can find on. I was reading a blog and the font reminded me of a typewriter so now I want one hahahah. If I can find one for cheap I will get it. Since its a typewriter it has nothing to do with scrapbooking right and doesn't count for my FREEZE lol Its jsut to have to collect hahahha

I love what you created Kory, I will not ruin who won for you Darla! I think we will all make you wait to find out! hhahahha

Off to go see if I can find one!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-12-12 11:17 AM

• scrappnmom2il Said:
  • Henri Jean Said:

Watched Desperate Housewives this morning as well. Unbelievable is all I can say!

Is DH still good? I got mad when they killed off Edie so it's been a long time since I watched it.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

bumping back to page one!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I just read Kory's blog, I can't believe I won! Now I'm really a happy camper! The time is back like I like it, I'm home from work, I only have 2 pressing projects that must be done tonight, and I won some cool stuff from Kory's contest! Does life get much better?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
  • scrappnmom2il Said:
  • Henri Jean Said:

Is DH still good? I got mad when they killed off Edie so it's been a long time since I watched it.

It's their last season and boy oh boy is it good.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

I did not find a typewriter today.

I did find a set of spellbinders, for 6.00!!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

What set of Spellbinders?!

K

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

How cool is that! What a bargain!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

I got the Octagon ones, my very first set, they had I think 3 or 4 other ones on clearance for 6.00

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Fun!

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

• Scrap Princess72010 Said:
@Henri Jean I have no words for you hahhaa You have so much going on yet you still find time to scrapbook! You amaze me!!

My theory is Henri Jean is really two people - probably identical twins. One person cannot possibly do all the things she does. The question is though, which is the EVIL twin, Henri or Jean?? Boowhaaaaaaa!!! Keep it up girl(s), I enjoy hearing about all you do!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Mr Mister

Good morning, y'all! Rise and shine! It's going to be a great day in the neighborhood, lol! I survived Monday, and in my job, that's saying a lot!
I didn't get my projects done last night, decided I needed sleep more. So tonight will be busy once I get home from work.
Anybody got anything good going on?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Good morning!

I'm at work. Have my bag all packed with my supplies for the scrap class I'm going to tonight, after work.

It's a pretty good morning- we brought food for breakfast- and one of the ladies brought a cooker-thingy and is making us pancakes in the office! How fun is that? I took her picture- making pancakes on top of a filing cabinet. lol

-kory

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

whoohooo! Just got my annual review (which was GREAT) and a raise (which was GREATER!)!!! You know what that means- more scrap supplies! lol

-kory

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Congrats!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

YAY Kory! Way to go on the review and congrats on the raise! I foresee a shopping trip in the very near future, lol.
Is tonight the class in Norman? Let me know how it is, I read the description of it and am curious exactly what it will be like.
Enjoy your breakfast, wish I had some here, lol!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

BTW, Kory, don't spend your money on postage mailing me my prize, save it for more scrap goodies! We can come up with somewhere nearby to meet or rendevous at MHF or Paper Arts, I'm sure we can work something out. It's crazy to mail something when we are in such close proximity, lol!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Thanks, everyone!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Congrats Kory and where do you work! Man it sounds like a great place!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Ladybing Tammy

congrats Kory on the great review and the raise ... isn't it wonderful to do a good job AND be recognized for it?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to madmatter

Congrats to Kory! But you should really save your raise, or put toward your retirement ... you know all that living paycheck to paycheck and all ... LMAO!!!! *rolling my eyes* HAVE FUN!!!

And BTW, I should come stalk you at Whole Lotta Scrap tonight, just to say I got to meet the (in)famous Kory! And then I can do a layout about it ... LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

You're too funny! But so true, he should be thinking about his golden years, man cannot live on paper alone.
I know, we can go together this evening and stalk him, wouldn't he croak!?!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Yall should've just taken the class! We coulda sat near each other- would've been as much fun as 9th grade algebra- when I got kicked out of class for passing notes to an insane girl named Sofia.

lol

-kory

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

• designguyKORY Said:
Yall should've just taken the class! We coulda sat near each other- would've been as much fun as 9th grade algebra- when I got kicked out of class for passing notes to an insane girl named Sofia.

gotta be smart about it... we had a notebook that we passed back and forth as our "note." All teachers thought we were being very studious and passing CLASS notes to help each other... Of course it did help that we always worked well in class even when we got side tracked.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I told ya, I would have liked to take the class, but it's so freakin far from home, would be so freakin late by the time I got to bed, and you think you're cranky because you lost the hour this weekend? Oh, you don't even want to see me if I don't get my beauty sleep, LOL!
Besides, it's ever so much more fun to openly stalk

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I would've loved to take the class as well, but I couldn't get a flight out to Omaha today. Kory, congrats on the great eval and the raise.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Congrats Kory!!! I have an amazing Kory deal to tell you all about in a bit typing the post now in my blog!! I got more spellbinders today! UGH I knew I shouldn't have bought that first pack!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

WELL- I am back from the class! I love BasicGrey, so I'm glad I did it- also had lots of fun-

I was disappointed that you big talkers weren't there to say hi! SOMEONE else did!

-kory

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Welcome back Kory!!!

I was just coming here to post that I think that we have created our own little COF!!! hahahah!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

WHAT is a COF?!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Circle of Friends

Silly!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

smart a

lol

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Yep thats me!!!

I got an awesome Kory deal today!!! Thanks to bad customer service! hahaha I am posting in my blog about it after the card, It will be up in the morning!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Twins, huh? Maybe.

I think my husband would go crazy with two of me!!!

He's in the hospital right now, will probably get a pacemaker tomorrow so I'm camped out here too.

There is a cot for me in his room so I may go to bed soon.

I scrapped one night this week - got all of Beijing done up to the Great Wall! That was 10 pages and its ready to glue.

While he is in the hospital I'm just taking care of him. I like to change his linens myself and he likes me to bathe him so he's getting a lot of sponge baths.

When you think about it - it probably wouldn't hurt if there were 2 of me becuase it he is enough of a handful that it would take two of me to really keep up with him.

We had planned to leave for Las Vegas on Friday and that is cancelled. At least driving the van cross country is cancelled. WE could fly out and meet family but I don't think that will happen either. We will probably stay close to home so he can take it easy.

I have at least 90-110 more pages of scrapbooking to do to catch up so I don't mind cancelling the trip at all. He was looking forward to it though but I just don't think its going to happen and the doctor has said no.

Said in 2 weeks we can travel anywhere we want so we have to lie low for a bit. Give me scrapbooking time and BIll healing time.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Henri, thoughts and prayers going out for Bill's recovery!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut

Henri Jean, hoping all goes well!

Kory- we are getting a new J's! Hoping to find as many amazing deals as you did at the grand opening!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

So tell all, Kory, what did you do in the class, what was it like, give us all the scoop. Those of us (me ) that live too far out in the boonies to make it to Norman on a week night have to live vicariously through you, LOL!
And who was there? Your post hinted that it was someone we should know?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Henri Jean, I hope all goes well with your husband! Down time never hurt anyone, think of all you'll get done. My thoughts are with you!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Hey Miss Henri, all my best to you and Bill!!

-kory

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-14-12 07:43 AM

• Scrap Princess72010 Said:
Circle of Friends

Silly!!!

A circle is closed, like a clique.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, Kory, now that you're making the big bucks, LOL, when are we going shopping?
And I am now an enabler, I turned another sb.com friend on to Daniel Torrente's awesome stamps. Hehehe, is that evil?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Yeah, Choc- when ARE we goin shopping?! You know what this FRIDAY is, right?! lol

I need a new stamp from MHF! And I haven't been by Paper Arts in a while...

And LUNIE! What you been up to?! If it's been trouble, I want IN! lol

k

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Kory... How was the class? Do tell.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

wooooohoooooooo! Payday Friday is on the horizon, I see it comin', I can almost feel it!! And I need another Daniel Torrente stamp in a bad way! I'm jonesin for it, I gotta have it! OMG! I'm feeling like a crack ho needing my next fix, LOL! Not that I've ever been a crack ho, just going by what I've seen on "Cops"
I think Saturday would be a fine day to visit our BFF Maura and share some of our hard-earned money with her. I'll probably be a little hung over 'cuz Friday night is dancing and celebrating my work buddy's birthday at a local club, but that's never stopped me from scrap shopping, lol. Let me know if you're cool with this

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• chocolateaxel Said:
wooooohoooooooo! Payday Friday is on the horizon, I see it comin', I can almost feel it!! And I need another Daniel Torrente stamp in a bad way! I'm jonesin for it, I gotta have it! OMG! I'm feeling like a crack ho needing my next fix, LOL! Not that I've ever been a crack ho, just going by what I've seen on "Cops"
I think Saturday would be a fine day to visit our BFF Maura and share some of our hard-earned money with her. I'll probably be a little hung over 'cuz Friday night is dancing and celebrating my work buddy's birthday at a local club, but that's never stopped me from scrap shopping, lol. Let me know if you're cool with this :)

So Jealous!! I think I need to start looking at plane ticket prices!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

oooh what 'local club' are you gonna be boozing it up at? I'm gonna guess.... hmmm... The Red Dog?

lolol

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I never even heard of the Red Dog, but it sounds like a dive! LOL! We're gonna be boozing it up and shaking our booties at Groovy's
I read your blog, the class sounds great!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Congrats on the good review and raise. I am going to celebrate spring break ( next week) by getting a new spellbinders die with a % off coupon at HL on Saturday. Going to check out your blog now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Thank you for all the good wishes for Bill. He's doing very well - just wish his heart wouldn't stop beating anymore. This morning it was out for 6.2 seconds - not good and its gone out so many times today for 3-4 seconds.

Will post a few things tonight. I've been watching him in the hospital room for 3 days now and he's just watching tv so I'll post a few pages tonight. TOmorrow I will probably post some more, as he will be in pre-op for an hour, surgery for 30 minutes and post op for an hour.

The next morning I take him home! I can't wait!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Glad to hear he is doing okay atleast sorry you have to go thru all this Henri! You are in my prayers!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

That is so scary, Miss Henri! Good thing you're making a good nurse!

Chocolate Taxi, what time you gonna drag your hungover self up to 165 & Penn on Saturday? I just remembered, it's their demo day, this Saturday too! We're gonna have a riot!
We might hafta go by Paper Arts if I can twist your arm into it- I think I have a punch card close to being full.

Kory

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

He's always called me his nurse!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

OMG! I can't believe I forgot it's demo day!! Then I am definitely there! I'm thinking maybe 11:00 or so? That should give me time to stop the room spins and get a recuperative shower, lol! And Paper Arts is a must stop, I think I have a full punch card I haven't turned in yet, hehe
Now I can't wait, come on Saturday!
BTW, you should come drinking and dancing with us Friday night, it's going to be a huge group, and tons of fun! Then I won't be the only hungover person at MHF Saturday, LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, y'all, it's way past my bedtime but I've been waiting to see if Kory takes me up on my invitation (dare, lol!) for Friday night, but I'm sure he's wrapped up in being the creative genius he always is. Can't wait to see what he is working on now! I'll catch up with all you lovelies tomorrow, night!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I was NOT doing anything too creative last night. I played with my new Graphic 45 stamps for a minute then went to sleep.

I CANT go out on Friday night!!! But I'll be good for it on Saturday! Can't wait to find out what they're demo-ing! Do you know?

ohhh this is gonnna be a long long day

k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I don't know what the demo will be, but I'm sure it will be awesome. You can't go out Friday night?!? Are you grounded? I probably will be after Friday night, LOL!
What time are you planning on being at MHF?
And yes, this is going to be an extremely long day! I've been so bored at work for the past couple of weeks, then yesterday it was like my desk exploded and I haven't seen daylight since It's always feast or famine, no middle ground

Edited by chocolateaxel on 03-15-12 08:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• Henri Jean Said:
Thank you for all the good wishes for Bill. He's doing very well - just wish his heart wouldn't stop beating anymore. This morning it was out for 6.2 seconds - not good and its gone out so many times today for 3-4 seconds.

Will post a few things tonight. I've been watching him in the hospital room for 3 days now and he's just watching tv so I'll post a few pages tonight. TOmorrow I will probably post some more, as he will be in pre-op for an hour, surgery for 30 minutes and post op for an hour.

The next morning I take him home! I can't wait!

How's his attitude? How are you holding up? Are you getting some rest? Eating properly? Are the nurses and doctor's nice? My prayers are with you.
I would be a complete mess if I were in your shoes. You are a strong person.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thank you Ausra - I'm holding up better than I thought I would. Very good in fact. BIll is on his computer just waiting for them to come get him. I haven't eaten today so I just ate all the the cashews and some GIrl Scout Thin Mint cookies.

Gave BIll a good bath this morning and even put his head under the sink faucet and washed his hair.

The doctors and nurses are absolutely awesome. We are very fond of all of the nurses, our regular gp who came by this morning and our cardioloogist is great. He's from India and we had a good talk with him last night about India - BIll got maps and he showed BIll where he was from.

THe pacemaker guy is from Puerto RIco and we really had a good talk with him. We both love Puerto Rico so it was interesting talking to him.

I've been calling Bill my bionic husband and we are both holding up well but we are both ready for this to be over.

THe doctor came in last night and said we would be today and he had two more to do last night. Bill told the doctor he wasn't doing anything and was available if he needed help.

This time tomorrow we will be home and settled in and it will be over.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

lol, no, Choc, I'm not grounded! I just already have plans. I thought you said you would be there at 11- if you will be, I will be! I don't see how you'll party all night and get there at 11, tho!!

-k

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• Henri Jean Said:
Thank you Ausra - I'm holding up better than I thought I would. Very good in fact. BIll is on his computer just waiting for them to come get him. I haven't eaten today so I just ate all the the cashews and some GIrl Scout Thin Mint cookies.

Gave BIll a good bath this morning and even put his head under the sink faucet and washed his hair.

The doctors and nurses are absolutely awesome. We are very fond of all of the nurses, our regular gp who came by this morning and our cardioloogist is great. He's from India and we had a good talk with him last night about India - BIll got maps and he showed BIll where he was from.

THe pacemaker guy is from Puerto RIco and we really had a good talk with him. We both love Puerto Rico so it was interesting talking to him.

I've been calling Bill my bionic husband and we are both holding up well but we are both ready for this to be over.

THe doctor came in last night and said we would be today and he had two more to do last night. Bill told the doctor he wasn't doing anything and was available if he needed help.

This time tomorrow we will be home and settled in and it will be over.

Cashews and Girls Scout cookies? Hmmmm... I guess hospital food isn't that good. Get some rest.
My mother in law just got her pacemaker "reenergized" on Monday. She says she feels like she's 21 again. I hope the same goes for Bill.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Actually some of the food here has been quite good but we don't know when they are coming to get him so I don't want to be in the cafeteria getting food to bring up.

When they take him to pre-op for an hour I get to be with him so I have to be here.

Because he's in-patient there is no scheduled time so they could come for him any minute.

I will get something to eat while he's in surgery and bring it up to the room so when they call me after surgery I'll be here. THey will bring him here after recovery.

THey are doing the Twilight sleep, not general anesthesia so that should make it easier. However, I'd rather have the general anesthesia!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm not saying it will be a pretty sight, but I can make it there by 11:00, lol!
Too bad you weren't creative last night, I've had such a crappy couple of days at work, I was looking forward to some of your creative magic!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• chocolateaxel Said:
Okay, Manda, I understand if you don't want to be my friend since I'm a non OU fan, guess that makes me the bigger person because I'm willing to forgive you and overlook the fact that you are a fan

OH SNAP! LOL

I can forgive I suppose! Being a TX fan really is more of a sickness than anything else and I can't fault someone for an illness.

I missed a lot, I have some catching up to do!

I got a bunch of goodies today in the mail, so I will be digging through all those.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Henri was is the Twilight sleep?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Alright, Choc, I made something just for you!

Ms Henri, we're all thinkin bout the two of you!

So excited it's Friday Eve. I don't know if I'll be able to sit still tomorrow- I'm gonna go get my hair did so's I look all sexy for Demo Day at the stamp store on Saturday. Hahaha. Actually, I would get my hair cut even if I was just gonna sit at home with a bag on my head. It's been too long- I'm lookin like a caveman.

alright, gonna go upload pictures of my new card!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Yes, it was the Twilight sleep. He did great - is here eating an apple.

They brought him one dinner (tuna sandwich) when he got out of surgery and he inhaled it and asked for more food so they brought him 2 more sandwiches and an apple and a banana and 2 cans of Sierra Mist.

He's eating the apple now. I am eating one sandwich becuase there are two left, he's eaten one but he won't finish 2 so there is no way he would have eaten a 3rd one.

If not for the lump where the bandage is, you wouldn't even know he had surgery.

They are telling us we get to go home in the morning. I sure hope so - we are both ready.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Wheeeeeeeeee!!!! I saw your new card, Kory, very cool! I love the little bottle stamps, I may have to think about picking up a set for myself. I don't drink gin either, rum is my liquor of choice, and it's equally short of a word, lol. Of course, if I'm really in the mood to let the wild side out, it's tequila all the way, but I try to keep that side in check, I always get in trouble! LOL!
I want tomorrow to be over so bad, I've had it with this week, time to move on to bigger and better. Like Demo-Day at MHF!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

Henri-Glad all is going well. I just love it when nurses are extra helpful/generous. I learned from my 2 stays (c-sections) that all you have to do is ask the nice nurses and they will load you up with food.
I just got a call tonight and found out my Grandma was admitted after accidentally finding out she has an erratic heartbeat (went in for side pains like gallstones but once there they went away and the found the heart issue.) As far as I know her heart never stopped beating, so no next day pacemaker for her. They think they caught it early and pills should do the trick.
Is it terrible that when we go into town to see her I plan on making couple stops at the usual craft stores before/after seeing her? lol, when traveling 100 miles, we got to make the most of it!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• Henri Jean Said:
Yes, it was the Twilight sleep. He did great - is here eating an apple.

They brought him one dinner (tuna sandwich) when he got out of surgery and he inhaled it and asked for more food so they brought him 2 more sandwiches and an apple and a banana and 2 cans of Sierra Mist.

He's eating the apple now. I am eating one sandwich becuase there are two left, he's eaten one but he won't finish 2 so there is no way he would have eaten a 3rd one.

If not for the lump where the bandage is, you wouldn't even know he had surgery.

They are telling us we get to go home in the morning. I sure hope so - we are both ready.

Oh I am so relieved that all is good. Just don't overdo it. Prayers are still being sent you way.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• chocolateaxel Said:
OMG! I can't believe I forgot it's demo day!! Then I am definitely there! I'm thinking maybe 11:00 or so? That should give me time to stop the room spins and get a recuperative shower, lol! And Paper Arts is a must stop, I think I have a full punch card I haven't turned in yet, hehe
Now I can't wait, come on Saturday!
BTW, you should come drinking and dancing with us Friday night, it's going to be a huge group, and tons of fun! Then I won't be the only hungover person at MHF Saturday, LOL!

Make sure to stay hydrated all day and you will fare better. Several bottles of water and then another right before you go out should help tremendously. P.S. Never go drinking the same day you give blood.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to NMlady

Henri, I hope you get to go home today and all will be well!

I am having one of the best weeks ever this week.

Beautiful weather. Dark Shadows Trailer. Lots of goodies in the mail (scrap goodies, shoes, bags, whheeee!). All seems right with the world until I turn on the news, so I shall not be doing that!

Hopefully I can get some pages done this weekend.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Good morning, Manda! So glad someone is having a good week, my week has been pretty sucky! But it's Friday, and I'm going out tonight, and tomorrow is Demo-Day at the stamp store then scrap shopping, so it's looking up!
Personally, I'm not a fan of the warm weather, I'm extremely hot natured so once the temps get above 55-60, I start getting uncomfortable and the warmer it gets, the crankier I get. I'm really dreading summer since we didn't have much of a winter this year. I'm afraid it's going to be even worse than last summer, and I wasn't sure I was going to live through that, lol!
Have a great weekend!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I am not a fan of warm weather, EITHER. Hate it! It's only MARCH, I want to be able to wear a sweater!!!

I'm excited about demo day, too- I wish she'd put something up about what they're doing! I wants ta know!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I'll take winter any day. Not the deep snow, but cold is more comfortable to me any day over the hot Florida July-August sun.

Bill drinks wine sometimes at night but that is about it. We drink Fuzzy Navels and Pina Coladas on cruise ships but not many of them. They charge too much for them!

I had lunch with a girlfriend and had a pina colada before Bill got sick and it was sinfully delicious and fun!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Liz - I'm glad your grandmother is going to be okay. Even though the Pacemaker is a simple procedure, its still traumatic and its still a medical procedure I'm glad she is able to avoid.

Not at all bad to stop in scrap book stores on the way to visit her. In fact, to justify it if you feel a little guilty - it makes driving safer if you make occasional stops!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut

I LOVE the warm weather!! I have really been enjoying the unusually warm weather this week! Normally we would average around 40 degrees this time of the year. This year it has been in the upper 70's! I am lovin' it!

Henri- Hope you get to go home today as planned and Bill is feeling like his usual self in no time!
Liz- Hope your grandmother is doing better. I see no reason you shouldn't stop at the scrappy stores. Saves you a trip of having to go later!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to crazycricut

Hi Henri- I'm glad to hear your man is doing good!

I'm having the longest Friday ever! Time is draggin' by! I can't wait to get out of here!

Just saw that an LSS got in new Tim Holtz and Pink Paislee- I wanna go check out PP's "London Market" line- it looks cool. The rest of their collection this season looks too ladylike for me, tho- but London Market could be cool. And I'm already wanting more TH 'Alpha Cards' even though I've not even used any of my first set, lol.

BUT I gotta get my hair cut. No scrap shopping (PAYDAY FRIDAY!!!) til tomorrow, on my date with ChocolateAxel!

-kory

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

So Kory who better to ask but on blitsy this morning they were advertising TH fradtured dolls - what does one do with these exactly?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I've seen them used, mostly, in those Configurations boxes or printer's trays- he also showed one glued to a tag, during last year's '12 Tags of Christmas.'

I guess you can really do anythign with them-

I have a pack of them, but never used them on anything. They're pretty creepy looking.

That's not much help, I know- let me see if I can find a project that highlights one-

Here's one used in the Configurations- it looks very cool, I think:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=344135...

-k

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Loving this warm weather. Have to work a Winter Formal tonight. It's going to be high in the 70's, and our participants will be dancing the night away at a Winter Formal.

No scrapping for me this weekend. Participating in a craft show. Jealous of all of you who are. Next week, though, watch out, going scrapping all weekend.

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie

I was also trying to figure out the fractured doll thing. That is a neat idea in the picture that Kory posted. Tammy if you use it for anything post a pic I would love to see it.

Ana..

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to AniPie

I was thinking of maybe using one on a museum layout of the venus de milo but I look at them one min and think they are creepy and another and think it would work. I might check them out if they are cheap enough here I might get some or see if my friend at The Art House Studio has some samples she has done.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 03-16-12 09:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Those dolls are cool! I am afraid though that they would sit in my room gathering dust bunnies.

I love this weather! It is so nice outside. Lovely!

Amy_
Amy_ 
Guru
Amy_
  • Amy_ on 03-16-12 09:10 AM

Already did my shopping EARLY this morning. Ordered an embossing heat gun, some crackle medium, 6-Tim Holtz distress ink pads, the blending tool and pads for the blending tool. Never attempted the distressing technique but love the way it looks. Gonna try my hand at it. Everyone have a great weekend!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Amy_

WOOHOO!! Distress!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

OMG! Is this day ever going to end???
I was just outside, yuck! Too hot for me.
Can't wait until tomorrow, fun scrappy and demo-day with Kory!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We've been released. As soon as they get paperwork done - we are out of here. I'm going home and scrapping!

Page 3 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics