Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-04-12 08:03 PM
In response to Vae

Sheryl, I've been looking at that craft knife and kind of wanting it but not sure. Now I really want it! Of course, just as I put myself on a shopping freeze. LOL :P

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I don't have the ornamental iron cart but when you mentioned it I remembered I had some iron fence border that was kind of eerie. Since the paper is black and white verticle stripe with a grungy look the black fence really blended well but didn't look like a focal point. Gives it the quality I needed it.

The picture is muted tones and the doll is wearing a white sailor suit, the journaling is all on gray and the mats are all black.

Then I took my drippy goo punch and punched a strip of red and placed it under the photo mat so it looks like blood is dripping out from under it.

Its the only color on either page so the bright red really stands out and draws attention to the photo.

Thanks! Your idea about the ornamental iron was just what I needed to polish it off.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Henri Jean

Oh my ... Darla, I am so sorry about your co-worker. It's so hard to see someone you care about hurting and not be able to change it. Such a hard situation! All my positive energy coming your way ....

Tammy and Sheryl - I hope you are both OK!

Obviously, I'm up in the middle of the night again. Hopefully I can go back to sleep soon!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

I did not wake up in the middle of the night - I was STILL up in the middle of the night.

Bill was working on his computer and I was working on my Robert the Haunted Doll layout and before you know it - it was 3:30AM!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, y'all, just checking in, although I'm not supposed to be online here at work. Oh, well!
When the boss came in this morning, she called us into her office to let us know that our friend passed away around midnight last night. I'm so incredibly glad I went yesterday afternoon! I know her family is suffering terribly from their loss, but hope that knowing how many people loved her and will miss her will ease some of their pain.
Sheryl, sorry you are in pain, self-induced or not, it sucks to hurt! And I don't think your card giving routine is silly at all! It does help just knowing someone notices a good job or may help brighten an otherwise sucky day. I give cards like that here at my work too, and I think everyone really appreciates it. Sorry you can't make Demo Day this month, but I would say your trip to Tampa trumps Demo Day, LOL!
Tammy, how is your injury? I hope it is healing quickly! It is hard to be unable to work on scrappy stuff, it nearly drove me crazy while I was down for the count that I couldn't work on anything!
Thank y'all so much for all the kindness and good thoughts and prayers for my friend! Y'all are truly a special group of friends to me!! Hugs to everyone!!
Hopefully I'll be back on tonight, although it will be a little late, hubs and I are going to the gun range, it's Full Auto night tonight, and that is my favorite time to go. I've had to miss the last 2, so I'm really looking forward to going tonight.
Hope y'all have a great Friday!! Laters.......

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to chocolateaxel

SO sorry to hear about your friend, Darla.

Jarvae, that sounds great about the house!

Sheryl, I hope that you feel better!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

oh Darla my dear - big hugs and prayers for your friend's family.

Sheryl feel better soon

I am doing well - the cut was wrapped tightly (after the dh asking me about 50,000 times if I thought I should go to the hospital. It is not sore and sealed well. I am cleaning it well and checking for infection but there is no pain and no blood today. I am gonna try and cut some paper tonight!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Chocolateaxel: so sorry about your coworker.

Sounds like a rough week for several...hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Since it is pay day Friday.......I want to begin embossing, so plan to pick up the "stuff" tomorrow. Is there a preference between the straight embossing heat tool and the one that looks like a little white blowdryer? (I know an actual blowdryer could blow the powder everywhere). Do you use more colored ink with clear powder or do you prefwr the clear ink and colored powders? why?

thanks!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to 4tgrfans

The one that LOOKS like a dryer is Ranger's, I would get it. It has a lot of heat and not a lot of air, which is what you want. Happy embossing! I love embossing!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Oh, if I get my voice back, I should be working tomorrow. I cannot kick this infection! So, I am keeping silent and drinking lots of hot tea. My parents called; they are here early! Yikes! I won't see them until tomorrow though, I don't want to get them sick.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-05-12 10:50 AM
In response to 4tgrfans

Darla, I am so sorry to hear about your coworker. It's a very good thing you were able to visit yesterday. The gun range sounds great. Today is Rob's birthday and one of his gifts from me was some ammo. We haven't been to the range in a few months and I'm dying to go.

Tammy, glad you are on the mend!

Tanya, still can't sleep? That's the worst especially when you have such a big weekend.

But Henri, I always love the late night cropping. I feel like I do some of my best work after midnight. I can't wait to see the layout!

It's Rob's birthday so I will probably be out most of the weekend. You guys be safe and try not to get injured!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-05-12 10:54 AM
In response to 4tgrfans

• 4tgrfans Said:
Chocolateaxel: so sorry about your coworker.

Sounds like a rough week for several...hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Since it is pay day Friday.......I want to begin embossing, so plan to pick up the "stuff" tomorrow. Is there a preference between the straight embossing heat tool and the one that looks like a little white blowdryer? (I know an actual blowdryer could blow the powder everywhere). Do you use more colored ink with clear powder or do you prefwr the clear ink and colored powders? why?

thanks!

I got one at a box store and it looks like a hair dryer with 2 heat settings. I have not been happy with it at all. I can't remember the brand but its pink. I don't suggest it. I will probably end up getting one from ranger eventually.

I think the powders vs inks question is up to you because you will get different looks. I think my color is much more intense when I use the colored powders. I still love to use colored ink with clear powder but it does look different.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

I like colored powders personally, but I also use Distress ink to emboss.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

I loved the Ranger one when I had it but couldn't bring it here because of the difference in electrical current. I know have an SU heat gun and I love it too.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Darla - I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. At least you got to blow off some steam and de-stress with Full Auto Friday!

Jarvae - Seems like I am exhausted in the evenings, go to bed at 9pm or earlier, then I'm up several times (even when I've taken a sleeping pill). Sometimes it's just for a few minutes, other times I'm up for an hour. I try to either write down whatever my brain keeps running over, or just play games on my phone or read on my Kindle until I get tired enough to lay back down. Luckily, I will have plenty of time to get some sleep this weekend.

I found out earlier that because of the crappy weather (45 degrees and drizzle/rain), they cancelled the Dog Walk. I am soooo bummed out. But, I really wouldn't have wanted to take the boys out in the rain either. Wet dogs smell bad enough and that's a stench I'd rather not get in my car, LOL! I am hoping they'll reschedule it very soon!!

I got my dress cut and sewn for my Lion costume already. I cut out the faux fur for my mane, which will be more like a stole, and the wrist and ankle cuffs, so I'll work on those tomorrow. I got my tail done, but I forgot to get a small bag of stuffing, so I'll get that finished tomorrow too. I'm really liking how it came out!

I have to give a shout-out to the awesome service here on sb.com, too. Like Darla, I placed an order on Monday, and got it today. I was super happy about that!

OK - here's a question for everyone ... last year was my first time to do a December Daily. I used an 8x8 album that I already had, and basically did a layout for each day from Thanksgiving through New Years Eve. I used a lot of my scraps, and did my own thing, without a "kit." This year, I'd planned to do the same type album, but then I got another idea.

A few years ago, I'd made my MIL an album for their English Bulldog, using a regular 2-up photo album. I thought that would make it super easy for her to just slip in photos without too much fuss. I made lots of 6x4 journal cards for her to write on, lots of "filler" 6x4 cards to add in, like with quotes or embellishments, etc. I really like the look of all the divided page protectors in Project Life. I thought I could use a 2-up photo album in the same way for my December Daily this year.

What do you guys think of using photo albums in that way? I really don't know what to do with the memo spaces, other than covering it with patterned paper or writing my journalling there. I'm kind of torn, but it would be much easier to get it done ahead of time, rather than the way I did it last year.

Hmmmm ... give me some thoughts about it.

OK, enough rambling for this evening. Have a great night and great weekend, everyone!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Heyyyy everyone...

What a long day Ive had...

Long and stressful. Then, after work, went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Oh how my heart broke for all the waiters when a really loud song came on and they all had to dance in the center of the restaurant. And my poor waitress. I only had two vodka and tonics, but because of the stressful day and how tired I was, I was slurring BEFORE I had a drink. Half the time, I didnt even understand what she was saying.

But I did go by Ms after, to stock up on Glossy Accents! Dangit I love that stuff!

I think I'm gonna have a nightcap or two and see if I can get stuff hung up on the walls of my neglected apartment. I have two 'real' paintings that my Mom has given me as birthday gifts- and it makes me feel so grown-up to have 'real' paintings. LoL. My other claim to fame piece of artwork is a hand-colored and signed print from Karen Finley. Any of yall know who she is? I once licked chocoloate off her body, in one of her plays in NYC.

Kory

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to designguyKORY

I was sososo bad today. I had to drop off papers at ups and went into michaels to just buy one thing.....thats how it always starts! I picked up three martha stewart punches as they were 30% off and printed out an additional 15% coupon off the website. I also picked up a new pair of scissors at 50% off! I ran into ulta to pick up nail polish (buy 2 get top coat free and coupon w $$ off) and since there was a different michaels across the street I thought well I will pop in there and decided to pick up the TH mini stapler, I have been eyeing it for a couple of weeks. Was able to use a 40% coupon on that. When I arrived home waiting for me was my cuttlebug, cricut cartridge holder and a book I ordered. Great day!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Debbie2006

Hey, y'all! Looks like everyone has called it a night, but i'm surprisingly wide awake and raring to go, lol!
Full Auto Friday was awesome!!! There weren't very many people in there during the time that we went, so the guys let us shoot 3 different guns, and it was a blast! If I were made of money, I'd have a fully automatic weapon in my arsenal. But unfortunately I'll have to settle for getting my jollies once a month on Full Auto Fridays, lol! I enjoy shooting our guns at the range but there is nothing to compare with the rush that comes with ripping off a full round in an auto! Oh, well....
Ms Tanya, so sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I can relate, I was beginning to think I would never sleep through the night again, but for the past week or so I have finally slept all night every night. I hope you get past this phase soon and start getting some good sleep!
Ms Tammy, so glad your injury is healing! Sounds like whatever you're doing for it is working well, keep it up!
Korybean, you are definitely working too hard and not playing enough! Hang in there, sweetie, Demo Day is right around the corner! We will have lots of fun that day. And I think Lisa has something brand new and fun planned, there was a little hint about it on Facebook the other day. Also, did you see that even though he said he wouldn't, Sir Tim has released 3 new fall colors of Distress Ink? Wheeeeeeeee! I'm excited to see them!
Manda, hope you kick your illness soon, it sucks to be sick but especially when your parents are in for a visit!
Everyone, again thanks for the caring thoughts to me while I'm down over the loss of such a precious person. Today was very difficult around the office, everyone was sad and having a hard time dealing with the loss, but we kept trying to remember that at least she isn't suffering anymore.
Everyone enjoy your weekend, hopefully y'all will be busy scrapping or shopping or doing whatever else makes you happy! I have several projects that I'll be working on, and with a little luck will actually finish all of them since I have 3 whole days to work on them.
Later, y'all........

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well it is afternoon here now and I have been down to town to run some errands and print some pics. I bought a couple of blouses for work - so nice to shop and not feel guilty because I am working again.

Came home and finished a layout I started last night - a paper layout, not digital which I don't do very often anymore and I forgot how much I love playing with the papers.

Hand is doing well - Nurse Knightly One took care of it last night for me again and today although a wee tiny bit tender right on the cut there is no redness around it and no swelling! Woohoo!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Great news, Tammy!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

Awesome on the healing up Tammy!

Full Auto Friday sounds like something my hubs would LOVE Darla! Sorry again about your friend, I am sure it is sad around the office.

Tanya, sounds like you costume is coming right along! On the album, I have never done one like that, but it sounds EASY, which is great this time of year.

Kory, sounds like you NEEDED a drink or 4! Hope you are well today.

Deb, that happens to us all I think...one thing, yeah right! I went into HL to "kill time" on Tues and bout 34 bucks worth of stuff!

Well, my voice is still bad, still congested, I am beginning to think I will be sick forever!

I did however, discover a new jewelry site called baublebar, OH MAN great stuff!! I already ordered a necklace...that is just what I need, along with more shoes and jeans, JEWELRY! Muwhahaha! After I discovered Just Fab last year, I think that my shoe collection has almost doubled. But hey, I am sick, so yeah, I need something to make me feel better!

I am expecting some new scrap goodies soon, pigments and my new Swirlydoos kit. I want to play, but feel so bad, I would probably only stare!

Happy Saturday!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Manda_K

It wasn't pay-day-Friday yesterday for me, but I spent a gift voucher I won on another site. I have 3 packs of paper coming in the next few weeks!

It just sucks that to use a $25 voucher, I have to pay $40 in shipping. It's not that I'm not grateful for the win, but it kind of dims the happy, you know?

Here's what I chose. OK, I AM excited!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Congratulations on your win!
I'm sorry that you have to pay so much in shipping! That seems like a lot!

I just ordered a whole bunch of Christmas stuff on the sale here a couple days ago...can't wait for it all to arrive!
DH's family is all in Australia and New Zealand so I need to make their cards really soon and get them off in the mail......

Alison

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

The Christmas sale is what did me in this week and it just arrived this morning...but I'm only a few hundred miles away from the sb store. Now if I just had time to use it! I get so anxious to have the pkg. arrive, then don't have time to play~Judy

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to mrsdriver5

I went to the CK convention in KC today. must say, my daughter and I did quite well. i did find embossing stuff. One stand had a great deal with small jars of the powder, so I got 15. I ended up at M though for the embossing gun.....chose the Martha Stewart one. Can't wait to use it. Found a lot of basics and a lot of neat stuff I don't normally have access to.

one thing I wanted and didn't really find was a Christmas paper stack. looks like I'll add that to my shopping cart here.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 4tgrfans

Spent all day at a crop. It was awesome - had plenty of space for each of us and everything was perfect.

Brought home 42 finished pages - all the way through our January month in Hawaii, lots of the granddaughter pages and started on the February trip to the Everglades.

Have another crop in 2 weeks and have about that many more pages to do. Then I'm caught up with all the page kits I've made up.

Hoping to get a lot of the last trip made into kits before we leave on the next trip end of this month so I can just put them together when we get home.

I really love some of the pages I did today and some are not special at all but the memories are.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

DARLAAAAAA please oh puhhhhlease take me to shoot guns!!!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol Kory - I was thinking the same thing yesterday!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I'd love to go to the range again too. ALways enjoy it but would rather shoot Bill's Glock. My Smith and Wesson has such a tough trigger pull but I don't have the upper body strenth to load his anymore. He was going to get me a Glock but not much use if I can't load it so he got me a little Smith and Wesson bodyguard 380. Great defense pistol but not for the target range. Doesn't like distance. Hate the trigger pull though - so does Bill. Its much harder to pull than his Glock.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Henri, you did 42 pages in ONE DAY??!! That has to be some sort of record!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

Kory - go on my FB page and check out the videos of me shooting full auto a few weeks ago! It was the first time I'd shot anything like that (and about the 3rd time I ever shot a gun, period!!)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Its not as impressive as it sounds Manda.

Everything was selected and was arranged and photographed or rougly sketched on a piece of paper. I just had to look at the photo or sketch and lay everything out. Maybe cut some mats so most took 5-15 minutes - some more, some less.

I just did the tedius stuff yesterday. For the first one I just had to mat one picture, glue it down, and arrange 5 flowers and I had even put those together in advance adn the buttons were already glued in the center so I wouldn't have buttons and little pieces to get lost.

It actually took about 3 or 4 months, maybe longer to get them ready for the crop and make my page kits.

So I didn't completely do 42 layouts in a day. I just completed them.

If one is really a pain to put back like I want it and it will take more trouble to sketch it out and reassemble it than to just glue it, then I glue it at home. There were 2 or 3 like that but I still take them and may add a title or something at the crop.

All of my journaling blocks are done on the computer before the crop and if I have a cricut title its done in advance and is lifted on drywall tape so I just glue and put it down which takes a minute.

SO not nearly as impressive as it sounds.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

no it is still impressive!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-07-12 05:00 PM

Hi everyone! Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend!

Friday was Rob's birthday and we went down to the Texas Renaissance Festival. It's about a 4 hour drive. The weather started out a bit warm but by Saturday late afternoon the cool front came through and it was amazingly gorgeous. Lots of good friends, fun garb, and all the food and drinks we could handle. We camp there so we were there Friday and Saturday night and drove home this morning. I LOVE faire season!!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-07-12 05:09 PM
In response to Vae

Henri, I know what you mean about the 380. I used to have 2 of them and it felt like they were going to take my hand off. I have a glock now and I love it. It's a 40 and soooo much nicer at the range. We have a few handguns and a few rifles.

I'll have to see if we have any auto days at our range, but we generally don't see them because full auto is illegal here. Boring

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I think my 380 would be great if I can get it to a gunsmith who is able to loosen the trigger pull. I don't know if they can do that. We took it to the gun shop and he said it is supposed to be that way, as it is a close range pistol for defense.

However, I shoot pretty well with Bill's Glock. Just wish Glock made a smaller version I could load. I can fill the magazine part of the way and then I can't push any more in and also I can't pull Bill's back very well.

Mine is easy to pull back and I like that. Just hate the trigger pull.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-08-12 08:05 AM

Depending on which glock he has, getting a smaller one might help, but it might not. Even the smaller magazines have quite a lot of tension. Mine is considered "small" because I use it for concealed carry. It has a 12 round double stack and I do have to really work at it to get the final round in. They have loaders to help you feed the rounds in, and I sometimes use that. But honestly, when I'm at the range, I only load 5 at a time. It helps me keep myself from blowing through my ammo too quickly, and keeps my thumbs from going raw from loading. Not sure why you have to pull back? I hardly ever need to use the slide on mine unless it gets jammed.

That reminds me... I need to send mine in and I've been putting it off. Maybe that's why I haven't been to the range in so long.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Bill makes me practice using the slider. In the army he taught weaponry to new Green Berets and that's part of the training. He thinks I don't need any gun that I can't work the slider easily.

Bill's is also small enough for conceal/carry but he usually puts mine in his pocket because it is so much smaller. His requires a holster.

ITs funny because at home we each have a pistol on our nightstands and in hotels - same thing usually but not always. Dpeends on the hotel and the hotel policies.

Bill said last night we will get mine adjusted a bit but he's not that concerned becuase if I have to ever use it in an emergency, I can do it and will have the adrenalin to pull back the trigger.

Its for close target so someone would have be be close enough to be an imminent threat.

Bill and JOe go to one of our rental houses a lot which has a 2,800 shed in back full of license plates. They wash and sort them and send them to cusomers which leaves me at home alone. If I hear noises I put the pistol on my scrap desk where I can grab it quickly if someone were to come into my scrap room.

Wonder if I'm the only one who scraps with a Smith and Wesson on her scrap desk.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

What a great layout that would make !

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to 4tgrfans

Nope Henri, I've got a little Walther P22 pistol at my scrap desk too. Since this room is in the back part of the house, The Hub wants me to be secure just in case.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

• Henri Jean Said:

Wonder if I'm the only one who scraps with a Smith and Wesson on her scrap desk.

Yup I am betting you might be - oh and guns probably won't be able to take them across the border into Canada - just so you know.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

so one friend with a S&W and one with a Walther - sheesh I won't be making any surprise visits to you gals! LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Nope, Henri Jean, you're not, I have a pistol that I keep on my nightstand, and when I'm home alone, it goes from room to room with me, especially the rooms in the back of the house, like my scrap room. When I am really into the creative process, I tend to be so focused that I don't hear anything, so I don't want to look up and be surprised by an uninvited visitor in my house!
I have been so busy in my scrap room all weekend, I haven't taken time to check in here, so it took me a bit to catch up with everything, lol. But I have gotten so much done! I have finished 5 projects, done 2 loads of laundry and baked 4 loaves of zucchini bread. It's been an awesome weekend! I love 3-day weekends. And I love feeling so good that I've been able to accomplish so much! Life is great!
Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekends!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

How funny! Not exactly the image that comes to mind for most people when they think of ladies scrapbooking.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We are going to have Tammy afraid to ever visit the US with all of us with pistols protecting our scraprooms!

Bill and I have been close to Canada and wanted to go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls but could not go becuase we had both of our pistols with us.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I agree Tammy, I'm wondering about these scrappers that are packin! LOL I'm one of those not scared of anything. But I grew up never locking a door. My mother still left her garage door open at night half the time until she died 3 years ago. Drove my hubs crazy. I use my fur baby as my "alarm system". We have guns, but I'm not touching them.
One time my hubby looked outside, because the dogs were barking, and caught someone trying to steal the stereo out of his pickup. He grabbed his pistol and ran after them and told me to call the police. I called and told them what happened.
They wanted to know how they could identify my hubby. I said well, he will be the one in his underwear carrying a gun! We both laughed. My hubby came back cause he realized he didn't have any bullets in the gun and he'd probably just get himself shot and didnt want to be on the front page of the local paper in his underwear.

Darla, glad your feeling good and had such a productive weekend. Its so good to hear.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-08-12 06:10 PM
In response to SherylEb

You're not the only one Henri. I keep my glock with me pretty much all the time, and then we have several other guns throughout the apartment. My gun stays in my purse, but when I get home I always take out my gun and both phones and set them on my desk or wherever I am going to be hanging out. I like to keep my gun and my phones close by, always loaded and ready to go. I have separate magazines for when I go to the range, but I always keep 2 fully loaded mags for self defense. I hope I never have to use them, but like I always say, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Thanks, Sheryl, I hope you are feeling better also!
It isn't that I'm afraid that I keep guns around, but I like to be prepared, just in case. There are so many crazy people in this world, and if it ever comes down to a case of me or them, they will lose. Because of my husband's job, I'm home alone the majority of the time, and I've never been afraid to be alone, but then I've always been prepared, meaning armed and ready. After my surgery, I felt alot more vulnerable, but that feeling is going away as I feel more like myself and stronger. Good thing since hubs will be leaving for work again soon. I can't effectively work if I don't get a good night's sleep. I have a sweet neighbor whose hubs works until very late into the night quite often, and although they have guns, she is afraid to actually shoot them, so we have decided if the need arises, she will call 911 then call me, because I have no qualms whatsoever pulling the trigger if I have to.
Tomorrow is back to work again, and probably a good thing since I was wearing myself out in my scrap room, lol! It really feels good to have gotten so much done, made me feel very productive. Of course, I have so many projects that I want to get done, I could spend a solid two weeks working on them and probably not make a dent in them, lol! There are just so many things I want to do and so little time! Anybody else have this problem? LOL! I have a feeling it's a pretty universal problem with most crafters.
Okay, about time to call it a night, hope everyone is doing well, has a great night and an awesome week!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

No guns for us. I know any bad guy would come in and use them on me before I'd know he was in the house and I'm not going to "pack a 6" while I'm in the house. We often don't lock doors. Windows are open 24/7. Sometimes we get up in the morning and find out we forgot to even shut the front door :>) No watch dogs. Not even a cat with claws. But for some reason we lock our bedroom door at night, but I think that's just an old habit from when kids were home and we wanted to insure a little privacy lol The door would be worthless to keep anyone out who wanted to get in.~Judy

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Oh my.

You know I said I couldn't wait to visit the US.......?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

My hubs grew up hunting and around guns, and he's very proficient. He has his concealed carry license, but unless we are road tripping or going somewhere in a questionable part of town, he really doesn't carry. We do have several of his guns stashed around the house, for 'just in case' circumstances. We each have one in our nightstands, and he wanted me to keep the one in my scrapbook room. I asked him if I could put some Stickles on it to make it more a part of the decor, but he didn't go for that, LOL. We do live in the country, and have had our boat stolen right out of our driveway, so ... he likes being prepared. I knew my dad had guns growining up, but we were always told not to go near them, so I never had any interest whatsoever. Hubs is always wanting me to practice shooting and become more comfortable, but I've been 3 times in almost 9 years. I just have this vision of going into an Angelina Jolie-in-slow-motion-mode if anything DID happen. Probably not, but I'd try like crazy, LOL! Our dogs are wonderful watch dogs (they were even trying to warn us about the boat, but they often go crazy barking the same way about fireflies or trees moving in the breeze, so Hubs just told them to be quiet and come inside! Oopsie!!!), and anytime he's gone at night he has to be careful coming in, because they've gone after him too many times until they realize it's their Daddy, LOL!

After having so much productive time on Friday night, and a bit on Saturday, I've been a lazy butt the rest of my weekend. I barely got ONE page started! I thought I'd finish my LV album finally, but still have two layouts, plus one more to finish up. It's driving me crazy! I have a conference this week and a party to get ready for this weekend, so probably won't get to spend too much time working on it either.

Have a FANTASTIC day, everyone!!! And I hope we haven't scared anyone off from visiting!!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Hey Jarvae! I'm going to catch the Les Miz tour tonight! Holly's parents gave us their box! We're going to take a few people with us and party it up!

Darla! When you gonna take me to shoot guns?!
Then we can scrap it, lol. What contrast!

kory

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-09-12 05:58 AM
In response to tanyaham

Yes, we are very careful as well. I have been shooting since I was a kid and have my concealed carry license. Don't worry if you come to visit, just, you know, make sure we're expecting you!

We went to look at houses with our Realtor yesterday. She showed us 4, and we liked all but one of them, but the last one really stood out. All of them will have plenty of space for me to have a dedicated scraproom Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later.

Of course, the real problem will begin when I have an entire room and I have to decide HOW I want it all laid out. Having an itty bitty corner of my living room made that part easy. Now I'll actually have choices!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-09-12 05:59 AM
In response to Vae

KORY OMG that's awesome!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about it and the changes. Have a GREAT time!!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

KK, my blog post for Thursday is just that! Of course I scrapbooked going to shoot full auto!!! LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

You are all so awesome and have really made me laugh today.

My husband is very profficient too. He worked for the Miami Police Department while he was in college and carried his father's WWII German Luger for that - still has it.

Then he taught weaponry and shooting in the army as part of Special Forces. Then in Iraq for Blackwater as a bodyguard for Ambassador Bremer - he could handle his guns!

So I'm under very good a careful tuttaledge (sp).

I can't wait to see the layout with the Tanya! What fun!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

oh Rosey - really the US is not THAT bad! And these are our friends who are packing so we would be extra safe!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Laughing at all the topics and subjects we've covered since this topic started. Is there much of anything we haven't talked about?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Tammy is right - the US is really safe. There are parts of some large metropolitan cities where I would not want to walk at night but I know not to go there anyway!

Bill and I walked a lot at night in Rome and I was a bit uncomfortable in a few places.

I really think of our country as being very safe and our government is very insistent that those who do own fireams learn to use them wisely and safely with proper training.

This just hit me as funny because I had no idea anyone else scrapped with a pistol within fast reach.

Diva

Wow! Learned a lot about firearms, shooting ranges, and travel tips. Funny group! Plus very interesting, Don't want to mess with any of you ladies!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to bayamonesa1

LOL Henri, neither did I!!!!

Oh man, this day is DRAGGING along ... and I've got a terrible slabbing pain in my right shoulder blade. Same spot as I used to get cortizone shots, although I definitely don't want to go through that again. Hopefully some ibuprofen will help!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hey, y'all! Looks like the gun conversation really got going, lol! My dad was a police officer when I was growing up, he taught me to shoot and great respect for guns, then my first hubs was a big hunter, and current hubs is a gun lover so I've been around guns my whole life. You know the old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people", as long as I'm around people who respect the dangers and practice gun safety, then I don't have any problem. And whenever I am expecting company, all the firearms get put away, so y'all don't need to worry about coming to visit, lol.
My zucchini bread was a big hit! Hubs loved it, friends at work loved it and want the recipe, and after work I took a loaf to my dad and he loved it. YAY! So it was worth the time I spent "slaving" in the kitchen! When hubs is home, he does all the cooking, so I don't normally spend much time in there. But around this time of year, I get the urge to bake. I don't much like to cook but I love to bake. Too bad most of what I bake ends up on my hips, lol!
Korybean! One of my work friends is also going to Les Mis tonight, I can't wait to hear all about it! And I'll take you shooting any time you want to go, as long as you're a safe shooter, lol.
Catch up with y'all later!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Be sure to put your bread recipe up on Recipe Corner :>)
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15800...

I have a pumpkin bread recipe I should dig out and put on. Yum...maybe I need to make some too! ~Judy

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

You ladies need to share your zucchini and pumpkin bread recipes!

Diva
In response to tanyaham

I agree with you. Want those recipes!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 06:24 AM

Morning everyone!

Tanya, I hope your shoulder is feeling better today.

Kory, how was Les Miz??

Everyone, hope everyone is feeling happy and healthy and having a great day!

Today is going to be uber busy at work. I made a major breakthrough yesterday, stayed at the office till 7, and now I'm hoping to finish up today.

See you guys later!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I'd love the recipes too!

We may be going to my mother's house in Alabama this weekend and if we do I need to make her one of my pound cakes. Its the real thing with the pound of everything in it! But Lord have Mercy, its good and moist! She loves pound cake and this one is her favorite. Whenever she comes to visit I make one in advance for her - she likes it every morning with her coffee.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I once had a client tell me I was a feisty little cupcake and then asked what flavour I came in - I told him not f&%$#n vanilla and speak to me like that again and you find I'm really POUND cake!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-10-12 01:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

sounds like an answer I would give!
Hey, y'all, home from work and chillin for a bit. Today was hard, quite a lot of us from work went to our friend's funeral, so it was am emotional day.
I will give y'all the recipe for my zucchini bread, but I'm trying to decide if I want to type it all in or just scan it and load it into my gallery, lol. Can you tell I'm feeling lazy?
No real news from here, I'm feeling great, weather has been awesome, life is good. Hubs is going out of town tomorrow to see his mom so I'll have a couple of days and the weekend to myself. Hopefully I'll get real motivated and get more projects done in my scrap room.
Speaking of scrapping, Korybean, I think this Saturday is Demo Day. I need to make sure, but I think it was this month that Lisa moved it up a week because her son is getting married the 3rd Saturday. Don't miss it! Anybody else want to make a trip to OKC and go with us? We'll take y'all to all of our good scrap shopping spots!
Later, y'all.......

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

WhooooooHAW, I can't wait for DemoDay!

Jarvae- Les Miz was pretty good- I liked most of the new set, the actors were great- except for Cosette, who sang the part as if she were Snow White. I'm glad they cut most of the little boy's songs. I only saw the show once, back in the day, on Broadway- and I missed the giant barricades revolving. But the new set was nice- the building, especially. What got on my nerves tho, was a few 'cheap director's tricks' that repeated about three times too many, lol. Also, I don't know what was up with the spotlight operators- but they were BAD last night.

I guess a cold is going around town- I've never heard an audience cough so much!!!

And what's up with so many late people?! I swear there were about a hundred people rushed to their seats after the prologue. (Luckily, we were in a box and not disturbed with having to get up and let people by DURING the show- but the usher's flashlights distracted me.)

Wow, I complain too much! It was a good show!

lol

-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Demo Day! Woooohooooooo!!!! This Saturday, come one, come all! My Heart's Fancy, Edmond, OK! See y'all there!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 06:49 PM

Man I would love to go to a demo day with you guys. It's a 3.5 hour drive. We are up there a lot during storm season... a lot of our chases start in that area. Rob would have no problem driving up there for a tornado... wonder if he would drive me up there for scrapbooking. LOL!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 07:01 PM
In response to Vae

LOL yes Kory you do complain too much. j/k, I would have been irritated at so many people coming in late too. I didn't notice anyone coming in late at all at my performance, and only noticed one person late after intermission. But I noticed the audience over all was SOOO much better at this theater than the one I usually go to. There I usually have to tell people to be quiet, stop with the cell phones, candy wrappers, etc. Huge difference at this place though.

I have to say I loved the new barricade. And I agree, the buildings were awesome. I loved how they did the sewer with the video, without making it look much like a video. I'm not sure what the cheap tricks were... guess I'm glad I don't know much about that stuff. I'm glad you went anyway... I always like to hear others' opinions about shows.

We are planning on seeing Jekyll & Hyde (my 3rd favorite) this December and also West Side Story.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Jarvae, 3.5 hour drive is nothing! Y'all should come up and make a weekend out of it. It would be fun, and I need a fellow Texan around for a day or 2, ya know, so I can hear my native language again, lol! I was born and raised in Texas, after I married my current hubs, we lived in the Dallas area for 4 yrs before being transferred to California. I worked for a temp agency and pulled several assignments in McKinney. Our paths probably crossed and we didn't even know it!
My co-worker who went to see Les Mis last night loved it, but she isn't a theater pro like Korybean so any mishaps or glitches wouldn't have been noticed.
I don't know why I'm still awake! I'm so tired I could just crater but for some reason can't sleep! I'm gonna be so draggy tomorrow!
Gonna try again to get some sleep, wish me luck, lol.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Good morning, y'all!

Today is the 2nd (and last) day at my conference. It's just OK. A couple of the speakers and sessions were pretty good, but some of it was a snooze-fest. In one of the sessions, the speaker even arranged the seats in a large circle, so no one could close their eyes, talk to anyone, or play on their phones! Unfortunately, it was one of the lesser exciting topics, LOL! I also had a hard time because (a) my shoulder blade was SCREAMING all day and the ibuprofen I took didn't touch it, and (b) the ladies I planned to sit with in the cafeteria ditched me, so I had to sit by myself at lunch. Womp Womp. **cue the sad music** I had flashbacks to being the new kid at school that no one let sit at their table. It actually really hurt my feelings. But ... I let them have it when I saw them afterwards, and they were nice as pie to me after that, LOL! Hopefully today will speed by!!!

Since our conference in in Norman, I took the opportunity to stop at Scrap That on my way home. I hadn't been back in since their Grand Opening day. It was .... um, well .... a bit sparse, maybe?? Again, all the same, old, not-cool supplies that have been there for YEARS (like the 'year you were born' date stickers), and not much new product at all. I even asked her about getting in new stuff and the new owner said they were getting new shipments daily. When I asked her how business was going, she didn't seem super enthusiastic either. It made me kind of sad. I hope they'll stay open!!!

Just to backtrack for a moment ... my blog post today (as promised) is about our Full Auto Sunday and my first time shooting. If anyone is interested ... KORY!!! LOL
http://tanyaham.blogspot.com/2012/10/full-auto-sun day.h...

Have a GREAT day, y'all!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Jarvae! I saw Jekyll & Hyde on Broadway wayyy back then- I saw a preview only a few days before it opened, they were still making changes. I'm proud to say I saw one of the last 'rolling head' shows. There was a part during the opening number of the second act (when Hyde is running around town, killing people) where Hyde drags a guy offstage and then the guy's head rolls onto the stage. The head looked pretty fake and people were laughing- and I admit, it did look pretty hilarious- all the cast singing 'Murder! Murder' with 'synchronized umbrella dancing' while a severed head rolls across the stage. One of my friends saw it the next day and the head was gone.

I cant wait to see the new tour- they put the good opening song back in!

Yayyyy, Darla- DEMO DAY! I cant wait!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Love the layouts Tanya! Awesome- really like all those papers together! And the expression on your face in the last picture!

Pictures were fun too!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-11-12 07:50 AM

LOL Kory I did hear about the rolling head but never saw it. I must say, both times I have seen it I was totally entranced! I saw it back in 1995 or 96 and then again like in 98 or 99.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Just made my weirdest scrapbook page ever - no photos, just journaling but I like the way it turned out.

We were driving around Key West and my girlfriend commented on the porches everywhere that were painted blue on the ceiling so if standing on the porch and looking up, the overhang was blue.

I told her I thought it simpulated the sky- like you were outside. She said, no, it was called haint blue. It is to fool the spirits called "haints" into thinking there is water - they cannot cross over, go through, or pass over water so it is to keep the evil spirits out of the house. Some people even paint the window trim on all the windows in haint blue.

So I got busy researching - its popular in Charleston, Savannah, Key West, New Orleans and other historical southern cities that are coastal or near coastal. THinking back to old ghost stories, these are also the areas that are most known for hauntings and paranormal activity!

I found the origins of the haint blue paint and a bit of interesting info and wanted to scrap it so I made a layout called "Haint Blue" and it is the last page of my Key West adventure.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh I can't wait to see that layout.

Everyday on my way to work I pass the Royal Exchange Theatre - they are advertising a bunch of stuff right now and nothing I particularly want to see - Tennessee Williams bores me to death - but I will keep an eye out because all this theatrical talk has me itching to get back to the Theatre

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Just poppin in! My parents have been here all week, so I haven't been online much! Sounds like everyone is doing well and having fun!!

Tomorrow I should have more time to individually comment. I got my Swirlydoos kit with Luminarte pigments and Silks, I can't WAIT to play this weekend! WOOT!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-11-12 01:30 PM
In response to Manda_K

I was just looking at that club. I am torn between Swirlydoos and a few others. But this kit looks great! Have fun!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

How are you feeling Manda?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Ladybing! Really?! ALL Tennessee Williams bores you to death? You're not serious!

Ohhhh my paycheck is burning a hole in my pocket!

It was too hard to wake up and drag myself to work, this morning. The rain was keeping me asleep...

Diva

I am trying not to be tempted by the cuopons from Michaels! It is so hard!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

It's Friday folks! What are you buyin'?

(Just groceries for me, but I'm driving 2 hours tonight to a friend's, for a weekend of scrapping and cooking/baking. She recently had knee surgery and her parents have gone home now but have left her with an empty freezer. She can't stand unsupported yet so I'm going to help her out. I'm really looking forward to it!)

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I am feeling MUCH better, I just wish the dang antibiotics didn't have so many uncomfortable side effects! I am however, done with them, and no longer going through 3-4 boxes of tissue a day! Yay!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Manda_K

Ohhhh yall, I am fighting a serious case of PayDay-FriDay Fever. I CANT sit still. I'm trying to concentrate on work, but can't...

I should've packed some card-making supplies or SOMEthin! I dont want to do any work!!!

Anybody got any jokes? Call my work#.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-12-12 10:01 AM

I have today off, but I managed to hurt my back really bad yesterday and now I don't feel like doing anything. I got up to try to stretch it and it's just killing me so I might go lay back down and watch something on netflix. I am still on my spending freeze, but something I ordered a long time ago is finally going to be delivered today. It's some Tattered Angels paints and mists and there was a delay but it's almost here!

Hehe I must be 12 years old though because when I look up my shipment it says "TA Bundle". I can't read it without thinking of bad 80s T&A movies.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

LOL

Ooohhh T&A bundle...sounds kinky!

Aww Kory, that stinks! What I got today has not much of anything to do with scrapping, some nail polish and boots.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

sorry Kory pretty much most of it. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is pretty good but the problem with Orpheus Descending is that if it is not done well it becomes a bit of a lecture...

Diva
In response to Manda_K

I will be home babysitting my 5-months grnadson so I will need to wait for him to go to sleep to do something...unless I fall asleep awith him!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-12-12 11:41 AM
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
LOL

Ooohhh T&A bundle...sounds kinky!

LOL you're absolutely right. My TA Bundle just arrived Vintage Love Notes and Basically Bare Beach Bound paint systems. LOL I never knew scrapbooking could be so sexy.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Hey, y'all! My week is finally over! I was so ready to get back to work so I could get back into a normal routine and all, that I forgot what an idiot my boss is! Friday is our busiest day and she gave 4 people the day off then had the freaking nerve to ask me around noon if I could cover their work. Really?!? I was slammed from the minute I walked in the door until the minute I walked out the door with my own stuff, how the h-e-double hockey sticks did she think I could do their stuff too? I could have if they would allow me to work some extra hours, but they have cut everyone's hours back and have a conniption if anyone goes 5 minutes over. I am back to thinking I need to tell them to shove it and go to work at HL! LOL!
I'm so excited for Demo Day tomorrow, but I'm worried about the weather. Someone at work said the forecast for tomorrow is severe thunder storms with hail, and I do not want to get my new baby car out of the garage if hail is possible! I guess I'll just have to see what it's like in the morning.
Hubs won't be home until Sunday, so other than possibly going to Demo Day at MHF, I will be holed up in my scraproom creating like a fiend. I'll try to remember to get some pictures and post to my gallery, lol.
I'll be back later to see if anybody else is like me, no life on a party night and haunting the forums, lol!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I have no plans tonight, Chocklit. I'm just gonna go home and relax!!! I might get some adult beverages. But maybe not- I might not be in the mood to get up for demo day tomorrow. HAIL?!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

That's what they said - hail. And you know my last car got beat to [email protected] with hail while it was parked in front of MHF, so I don't dare take a chance with the Bug if it looks like hail!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

This weather is makin me SO LAZY. I dont want to do a THING. I was barely able to wake up all morning.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I left work about 2:30 today and I am off until the 22nd! Yea!!!My hubs and son are gone fishing till Sunday and I leave Monday for a week with my BFF at my DDs house in Tampa. I haven't gotten any of the projects I was going to have done before I left done yet, so I need to get on the stick. I've had a terrible case of the lazies lately. I just don't quite get it. I thought about going to Demo Day, but no way since it looks like its going to storm. Says 70 percent chance of storms. My car's new and not taking a chance when I don't have to.

I spent 2 hours claening up my son's explorer this afternoon (almost all of that on the inside). I know he goes to college full time and works full time, but it was ridiculous! I don't know how you get that much red dirt on the INSIDE back section of an explorer. I would swear he drives around with the back window open. Of course he does have his golf clubs, tennis rackets, and fishing poles back there, so who knows maybe he does.

Im sitting here trying to decide if I should go to bed or sew on SILs quilt. It's all done but the borders. I have a hard time finishing any project. So far, I've taken the "neither" option and am on the internet.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SherylEb

I am lazy these days when I am home - lazy wet days of October here in England and still learning so much everyday on the job, I am just exhausted when we get home.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Heyyyy yall!

Good morning!

Darla! I went to Demo Day around 'our' usual time- didn't see you and heard you hadn't been in, so I thought you must've stayed home cuz of the storm. And it really started to rain right when I was leaving. I want to do the clipboard/box class- I love that little box with the head on it! And I thought my boss would be happy to get the clipboard for Xmas.

Jarvae! I thought of you yesterday. I had to go downtown to deliver glow-tape and 'running lights' to Frankenstein, which was starting technical rehearsals in the little theatre- and when I walked in the stage door, the matinee of Les Miz was about to start- HUNDREDS of costumes were all lined up in the backstage area for the big theatre. It looked amazing. Then I was walking through the basement and saw where they'd setup their wig room- WHOA. It was too cool. I guess the tour has some stalkers- they had some cops around and lots of signs warning about police escorts if you are caught entering backstage areas/basements and aren't staff- which surprised me, I thought the days of Les Miz stalkers were over!

-kory

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics