Page 4 of 101 
Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to chocolateaxel

Have fun! It's beautiful outside here! If it gets any hotter, I will be miserable.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

With all this talk on here about demo day tomorrow, I think I need to find the first flight out tonight!!! lol

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Henri Jean

Yea! Henri Jean, that's awesome. Speedy recovery for Hubby and you need to eat something besides nuts and cookies. (I say after buying six boxes of girl scout cookies)......

So, it's Friday and go to M's with the intent of buying just a few sheets of plain Bazzil and OF COURSE I see a DCWV pad on sale 40% that I had never seen. I swear it they don't stop making paper I like. Annnnyyyywaaaayyy....it The Timeless Type Stack and it goes quite well with their Tattered Time Stack which I already have. I don't see it here I think it's new.

Kory, you would like these, masculine. Timeless Type has block letters, music, keys, handwriting, postcards, notebook paper with cursive instructional letters.

I heard they don't teach cursive in school anymore. If that is true then some of you who write pretty are upgraded to brilliant artists.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

My cursive was always a mess - just horrible and almost impossible to read.

I've always though people who had nice penmanship were artistic because nice handwiting is an art.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Whooooooooooooohoo!

I wish I could leave work- my boss was leaving early today, had a doctor appointment- and you shoulda seen me begging to leave too!

I really thought I had a chance, for a minute. I mean, I even made a collage of her grandson's senior pictures and had it printed at Walgreens for her, today! You'd think she'd let me go home early! lol

-kory

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
Whooooooooooooohoo!

I mean, I even made a collage of her grandson's senior pictures and had it printed at Walgreens for her, today! You'd think she'd let me go home early! lol

-kory

I think you need to wipe your nose off Kory there is a little something on it hahahah JK but with that and the mini book one begins to question... hahah I love you Kor!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

YEAH Henri!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Scrap Princess72010

hahaha

I'd do anything for my boss, she is great.

k

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• CrimsonMama Said:
Yea! Henri Jean, that's awesome. Speedy recovery for Hubby and you need to eat something besides nuts and cookies. (I say after buying six boxes of girl scout cookies)......

So, it's Friday and go to M's with the intent of buying just a few sheets of plain Bazzil and OF COURSE I see a DCWV pad on sale 40% that I had never seen. I swear it they don't stop making paper I like. Annnnyyyywaaaayyy....it The Timeless Type Stack and it goes quite well with their Tattered Time Stack which I already have. I don't see it here I think it's new.

Kory, you would like these, masculine. Timeless Type has block letters, music, keys, handwriting, postcards, notebook paper with cursive instructional letters.

I heard they don't teach cursive in school anymore. If that is true then some of you who write pretty are upgraded to brilliant artists.

Our school district is still teaching cursive handwriting, but they do not push the kids to use it. My son is a junior and he was told as long as he knows how to sign his name, he's good. My daughter rather print... she's in 8th grade. I like the fact that I am an artist, because I love my cursive handwriting.

Anyway, I was going through some scrapbooking withdrawals. Usually, Friday nights I go scrapping. But I had to work tonight. But, Archiver's is having a make and take this weekend, so I got to see, feel and make a little album, using the new Heidi Swapp line. Now let me tell ya, it is fun paper. Reminds me of summer. Actually, I said the beach, but my daughter said, "no more like summer". I love her new line and as soon as I figure out what I will be using it for, I will be buying. Then on my way to work, I stopped at Target for the heck of it and bought a pack of the Colorblok paper. It was springy and caught my eye. 8 papers for $.99 and some ribbon for a buck. Haven't opened the pack of papers to really see what it's like, so I cannot comment on that yet. Maybe after this weekend.

So my payday Friday isn't that exciting, but hey, I got my daughter to go to Archiver's, which is a huge step.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Oh yeah, I am jealous of all meeting up tomorrow in OK!

Edited by scrappnmom2il on 03-16-12 07:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to scrappnmom2il

• scrappnmom2il Said:
Oh yeah, I am jealous of all meeting up tomorrow in OK!

Me too!!! I was thinking about it all day at work. I was sad that I couldn't be there! I think we all need to take a road trip out to see Kory and Darla!!! hahahah

I will pick you up on the way since I am in Ohio!! !hahah

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Our local M's has a 2 day sale on for St. Patrick's day...40% off one item (as usual), and 15% off your entire order including sale items. As well, a lot of stuff is on sale already, 30% off (stickers, stamps, papers)...
I just went and spent $130. on stuff but I got a few of the TH embossing folders and 2 on the edge dies, 3 new large, wooden stamps and about 6 little $1.50 wooden stamps....
I love shopping for Sbing supplies....
Now I'm inspired to create something with all this new stuff!
Alison

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hi, y'all! Not to make anybody jealous, but you should be! I have now met and shopped with the incredible Kory! We met up at My Heart's Fancy, made a sweet Easter card for Demo-Day, enabled each other a bit on shopping then went to Paper Arts. Enabled each other some more, didn't once think about our retirement funds, except to joke about them, while we kept the local economy afloat. He's a really sweet, soft-spoken guy, and of course we already know how creative and talented he is. So you should all plan a trip to OKC and he and I can enable y'all too!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• chocolateaxel Said:
Hi, y'all! Not to make anybody jealous, but you should be! I have now met and shopped with the incredible Kory! We met up at My Heart's Fancy, made a sweet Easter card for Demo-Day, enabled each other a bit on shopping then went to Paper Arts. Enabled each other some more, didn't once think about our retirement funds, except to joke about them, while we kept the local economy afloat. He's a really sweet, soft-spoken guy, and of course we already know how creative and talented he is. So you should all plan a trip to OKC and he and I can enable y'all too!

OH RASPBERRIES!!!!!!!!! Rub it in! Go ahead!! Sure!! Make us all feel wonderful!!! Yeah!! Go on!! Humph!!!!!

I'm glad you both stimulated the economy with your retirement funds today. Thank you! I am very jealous, but I am glad that both of you had a great time. Honestly! Yeah! Ummmm.... Yeah! Honestly! Yes, I am jealous. Not fair. Noone lives in Orland Park to enable me.

So, what did you buy?

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• scrappnmom2il Said:
  • chocolateaxel Said:

OH RASPBERRIES!!!!!!!!! Rub it in! Go ahead!! Sure!! Make us all feel wonderful!!! Yeah!! Go on!! Humph!!!!!

I'm glad you both stimulated the economy with your retirement funds today. Thank you! I am very jealous, but I am glad that both of you had a great time. Honestly! Yeah! Ummmm.... Yeah! Honestly! Yes, I am jealous. Not fair. Noone lives in Orland Park to enable me.

So, what did you buy?

Told you we need to road trip! hahahah Your not the only Jealous one!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• Scrap Princess72010 Said:
  • scrappnmom2il Said:
  • chocolateaxel Said:

So, what did you buy?

Told you we need to road trip! hahahah Your not the only Jealous one!

When? How? Now?

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

hahah I dont work tomorrow! I'm in

hahhahah I wish, I will have my first Paid Vacation in over two years in August! I might take a birthday road trip to meet Kory and Darla! hahahah

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I noticed you live in Ohio. If you plan to drive, you will be passing me on I-80. Pick me up!!!!! Unless, we fly!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• scrappnmom2il Said:
I noticed you live in Ohio. If you plan to drive, you will be passing me on I-80. Pick me up!!!!! Unless, we fly!

hahahah for sure! ROAD TRIP all the way! So we have tons to scrapbook when we get there! Maybe make Kory scrap our road trip with one of his wonderful mini albums! hahahah

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

That would be cool! It's a 12 hour drive (I think, if I remember correctly) from my part of the world.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

What a day to shop! Such a nice time! Y'all should be jealous, Darla is great! And great to shop with!

I'm in love with my new Tim Holtz stuff- the clock keys and the faucet knobs. I've already used one of the knobs, to finish a box I've been working on... I thought I was going to use one of the 'clock keys' but it looked awkward. I'll post a pic of it soon, and you can let me know how the knob looks on it, cuz I'm still somewhat unsure of it...

Alright, back to my table!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Rub it in. Go ahead!

Edited by scrappnmom2il on 03-17-12 02:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

LOL! I see that all you lovely ladies are sufficiently jealous. Wonderful! You should be, hehe! Now I'll tell you some of what I got and you can turn the next shade of green
I got another Daniel Torrente stamp, an awesome set of clear stamps from Pink Paislee's Daily Junque line, some TH tissue tape and mini gears, 2 new colors of the new line of embossing enamel from Stampendous, the 6X6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye "Kraft Funday", Graphic 45's 8X8 pad "Olde Curiosity Shoppe", Graphic 45's stamp set of the old looking bottles and labels, and a few other small odds and ends. I got some really great stuff! And I was all fired up to get home and start creating, but as we were about to leave Paper Arts, Kory mentioned the word "nap". Bad move! After my night out, my body heard nap and started yearning for the couch! I barely made it home before my eyelids started to close, and the rest of my day disappeared as I lay snoozing, LOL!
Y'all need to make a road trip of it, I have an extra room, you can throw down sleeping bags or flip for the twin bed, then the other can take the couch. It would be a fun time!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

OK Kory and Darla, as much as I enjoy you get-together, I need to show-up too....So, there you have it!....My best find a set of 3 mixtape/washi tape for a whopping 0.70ยข from Marshalls!! To my surprise, I didn't even know that they sell scrappy stuff....Now, how do I did?

[image] PayDay-Friday By GIGIGI30[/image]

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to GIGIGI30

You did great, too! I didn't know Marshall's sold any scrappy stuff either. I must not be living right, though, because I can haunt places like Marshall's, Big Lots and others and never find a thing, then y'all go and hit the gold mine!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Tomorrow is my day off I think I will be going to Marshalls first thing in the morning! hahahah

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

I went in there to look for some shoes and when I turn the corner and saw that pile and I was like , a kid in a candy store!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GIGIGI30

I'm jealous! I want to shop too!

When everyone else goes to Oklahoma to shop with Kory I want to go too! Anyone want to swing by central Florida to pick me up?

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• Henri Jean Said:

When everyone else goes to Oklahoma to shop with Kory I want to go too! Anyone want to swing by central Florida to pick me up?

Sure its on the way right! hahahah super long road trip!!!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Sure....Count me in!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I bought my very first TH item today (big deal for me since I am not a distresser) but I wanted these little hangers for a Riley book I am making for dh. I also got some other goodies. Drove to this store I had often heard about and she had many different things from the three LSS on my doorstep. She was also very nice and some friends and I are going back next week (my budget this month is sooooo blown)

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• Henri Jean Said:

Ok, so we are all going on a massive United States and Canada road trip to visit Kory. Here's the plan, I need to drop off my ds in Canada late July. I pick up all friends from Indiana and Michigan on my way up. Then I drop off ds and pick up Canadian friends. We enter the States through New York and pick up all the Easterners. Then off to Oklahoma. Gotta look at a map to see what States we will pass and who needs to be picked up. Do we rent a bus? You know one of those deluxe models? Henri Jean, we will DEFINITEKY COME AND PICK YOU UP!!!!! Can Kory and Darla fit all of us in their homes? Do we rent a hotel? Not a hotel room, but the hotel. Hmmmmm.... So, who will be the brave one and tell my dh? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

Anyway, I was bored and tired from a very boring day at a craft show, so I went to J's to cheer me up. OK, so I got lots for the money. Spent $27.52 (darn taxes). Here is what I got:
Joann's Haul By Scrappnmom2il

Yeah be jealous. Aha!
2 Fiskars Combo Corner Punches and embossing border punch and a combo border corner punch; 2 sheets of pretty pink happy birthday paper some other pp; a package of natural fashion colors cardstock by the paper company and something I have been eyeing, DCWV the Spring fling paper pack 12x12. Yup. Not bad! Aha! I had fun and needed some supplies for my upcoming 3 day scrapmania.

Edited by scrappnmom2il on 03-17-12 05:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Sounds like you have a plan! Come on down, the more the merrier, lol!
And congrats to everyone who helped stimulate the economy today! Looks like everyone got some good stuff

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

So, Darla, how many of us, along with scrapbooking supplies, becasue you know we will scrap, can you fit at your place?

And thanks to our enablers Darla and Kory for today's enabling.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Well, depends on if anybody actually wants to sit or if we all stand, I can probably handle 6 for scrapping, but only 2 or 3 for sleeping. But when you're having fun, sleep is over-rated, right?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• chocolateaxel Said:
Well, depends on if anybody actually wants to sit or if we all stand, I can probably handle 6 for scrapping, but only 2 or 3 for sleeping. But when you're having fun, sleep is over-rated, right?

Hmmmmm.... WHo needs sleep. We will hire a driver.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Since it sounds like quite a group, I think you should just charter a bus, LOL, then you could scrap along the way too!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

One of those deluxe double decker coach buses. Definitely.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Sounds like a good plan, bring it on!
Even though I had a long nap, I'm still dragging, and my furbaby is wanting some snuggle time, so I think it's time to call it a night.
Hope all you happy shoppers enjoy the rest of your weekend, I'll probably catch up with y'all tomorrow.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

We could always tent it!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hey Chocolate Darla, I went through my stuff- the chipboard shapes I had arent what I remembered, there's some cassette tape shapes, some skulls, shoes, but no guitars like I thought- but I have the Cricut Indie Art cartridge- it has guitars, wild shapes, a Parental Advisory sign, check it out online and let me kow if you want any shapes cut out from it!

-kory

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• designguyKORY Said:
Hey Chocolate Darla, I went through my stuff- the chipboard shapes I had arent what I remembered, there's some cassette tape shapes, some skulls, shoes, but no guitars like I thought- but I have the Cricut Indie Art cartridge- it has guitars, wild shapes, a Parental Advisory sign, check it out online and let me kow if you want any shapes cut out from it!

-kory

I want that!!! hahahah

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Well, snap! Why didn't I think of that? I have that Cricut cartridge too, I never even thought of looking to see what it had, lol! I told ya my bad week fried what little brain I had left.
Thanks for looking though, Kory!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I love that cartridge!

I love the bombs and grenades on it!

Well, I hope your brain has rewired. Mine hasn't. Not looking forward to going back to the office. Guess it's time to get myself back in show business. It's been a nice almost a month break, I need some fun and I can use the money for all these new stamps I want! After appropriate retirement fun savings, of course. ;-)

I'm gonna try to come up with an idea for my 'Spring pennants' today!

Kory

K

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

SOrry Tammy, my tent days are long behind me! The closest I come to that is sleeping on an air mattress in the cargo part of military planes for really long trips.

If we are going to do this, lets go all the way and make it comfortable!

No shopping for a long time for me except on line and I've more than made up for the not going into the stores. When I shop, I really shop and then don't feel much need to go back right away.

Husband is out working in the yard. He drove to the flea market this morning and spent a couple hours. I've given up trying to tie him down.

He says he's weaker than he's ever felt in his life but as soon as he starts to feel better when he's chilling he goes out and gets run down again. Can't be good for him, but... he's bigger than me and a whole lot more stubborn!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

It is a cool cartridge, I made a birthday card using the grenade and everyone thought it was the coolest thing they'd ever seen, lol
I just feel brain dead, don't know if I slept too much yesterday or not enough, lol! I made a card last night using my new Daniel Torrente stamp, but today I've drawn a blank every time I've sat down at my craft table

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol Henri - for me tenting is a Holiday Inn - I was only joking.

Sorry Bill is not behaving but it seems that it doesn't matter what you do he will not listen - perhaps his body will wear him down (without too much damage).

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I usually camp for 6 weeks in a tent during the summer (Camp Director for a Lithuanian Scout Camp). So,I would be cool with staying in a tent, except for this summer. They're saying it will be a hot one. Argh!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

Holiday Inn works for me, if I can invite myself along as well I might need a break in a week or so, so a giant shopping trip sounds good.
---We are pulling up carpet and painting walls to get ready for new wood laminate floors ... all with 2 under 2 running around... ... on a side note, we were looking at the flooring and the sales guy was talking to us about embossed texture and I was proud to say that DH asked me afterwards if it was the same type as what i do. Which means he does listen to my ramblings!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Rushli

Good morning, lovely people! Hope everyone had a great weekend.
No news this morning, so far this week is shaping up to be a repeat of last week Not sure if I can handle 2 bad weeks in a row! Hopefully it's just Monday then the rest of the week will settle down.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We have to take husband to doctor today and I'm working and owrking on SHanghai. Would like to get it laid out over the next day or two and ready to glue at a crop. Looks like 8-10 pages, didn't realize there were so many Shanghai photos.

Journaling is done and printed except for few comments I'll make on some of the pages but the travel log part is done.

My best friend here in Ocala is off work this week for spring break so she and I will get a lot of lunches and shopping in!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, I know it's Monday (how well I know this!) and it's raining like a big dog, but where the heck is everybody? I've been waiting all day for the party to start, and nothing Did y'all move the party and not tell me?

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

hahaha I had a class today! UGH! I just got home from there! No PC for me! hahahah

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Wow, what a day. No party for me, that's for sure. One of the worst days at work in the history of work. I swear, we've all been down to HR at one point of time today! I can't WAIT to go home!!!!!!! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF CRAZY PEOPLE!

-kory

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I had a shopping day today, alhtough not a Kory day, as I didn't get any deals.

I have really pretty Shanghai paper and needed cardstock to go with it so off to Michaels.

I bought over $94.00 worth - probably $80.00 worth of cardstock (the glimery kind I love) in various shades of blue so I'm stocked on blue and teal cardstock for a while. Also bought a lot of Martha Stewart embellies and some pearl flourishes and letters and 4 specialy papers at $1.99 each with some glitter on them - pretty diagonal plaids. So pretty, I had to have them. Two in blues and two in pinks/rose.

Then I got two glitter sheets, which I swore I'd never do again but they are blue/green glitter mixed together and will be so good for ocean layouts. They were $1.99 each too. YIKES - Have I lost my mind?

The girl at the checkout was a doll, I told her I had a lot of cardstock - about 100 sheets and she patiently counted each one and kept telling me it was okay, she was used to counting scrapbook paper but I felt badly about holding up the line.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I stopped at Ms today too - I went to pay a bill after work and wouldn't you know it, right across the street is the newest and best Ms in our area. I picked up a couple of really good deals - a pack of chipboard shapes for $1.50 (all of a french nature) and a clearnace item of the ribbon with the bling across it for the cover of my mini book for $2.99 (regular 8.99 I think)

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

way ta go, LADIES!

I've been playing around, trying to come up with an idea for my 'Spring Pennant.' I don't know if y'all saw my blog today, but yesterday's attempt at a first draft on the pennant ended in disaster. I think I'm just about there, tho!

It rained all DAY. Which would've been nice if I were at home and not in the office day from HELL, with everyone fighting.

-k

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Need to go check out your blog Kory. I don't want to miss anything!

I have no idea how to do a blog but it looks like fun. I have a name for it but that is as far as I've gotten.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Henri Jean... I am right there with you about the blog. Don't know what to do with it. I have it, just don't update it.

Kory..... ummmmmm.... I have a silly, ok stupid, question (you will be able to tell, that Home Depot is not my store, but my dh's)what are paint chips?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

They are the free cards that show the paint colors. Some of them are very large- so it's like different colors of cardstock. Some, like the ones I just used for a few die cuts on those cards, look like metal! I'm guessing you saw those- and that's why you're asking :). I love pain chips!!! You can make so many things with them! And sometimes, they will be throwing some out and give you a TON!

Some will be the strips that have a small square of a few hues of the same color- and some are big squares of one color- those are the ones I like to pick up! Some are big enough to cut out an entire shape with a die- and like the Martha Stewart 'Precious Metals' ones- are too cool to pass up! So go to the Home Depot with your DH- you'll be surprised! It's one of my favorite LSS's! haha

-kory

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• designguyKORY Said:
They are the free cards that show the paint colors. Some of them are very large- so it's like different colors of cardstock. Some, like the ones I just used for a few die cuts on those cards, look like metal! I'm guessing you saw those- and that's why you're asking :). I love pain chips!!! You can make so many things with them! And sometimes, they will be throwing some out and give you a TON!

Some will be the strips that have a small square of a few hues of the same color- and some are big squares of one color- those are the ones I like to pick up! Some are big enough to cut out an entire shape with a die- and like the Martha Stewart 'Precious Metals' ones- are too cool to pass up! So go to the Home Depot with your DH- you'll be surprised! It's one of my favorite LSS's! haha

-kory

Oh I know what thingymabobbers you're talking about. Hmmmmm. I just may have to go and pay a visit to Home Depot.

I do love that stamp on your blog. It so reminds me of my youth. Such fun!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

MIZ HENRI! I totally support that you MAKE THAT BLOG!!!

It is surprisingly easy. For real. I'm not the most technically advanced. If you've noticed- my blog is very very simple. Just made a 'header' on Picnik and just do the posts. That's pretty much it. I use Blogger- which is beyond easy, really just point,click, type, BLOG! lol

If you wanna give it a try, I'll be there for you!

I am really reading anything I can find to make my blog better- but really tho, I'm happy with its simplicity.

-kory

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

I did a little shopping too... totally Kory's fault too... I was grabbing formula at wal-mart ( sad day we have to switch to formula) and went to pick up some muslin. I had to get 1 yrd. unbleached and 1 yrd. bleached and 1 yrd. burlap >all on clearance< and found 2.5" wide yellow snake skin textured ribbon for $1.... I picked up the last 2. If I was not in a hurry I might have found a lot more... I spend 5 bucks and some change ... and $60 in formula!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Rushli

Yeah?! You got the muslin?! You gonna try out my ribbons?! I wanna see what you make!!!

-kory

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thanks for the encouragement Kory. I pulled up blog instructions on dogpile (my preference to Google) and so much came up I was on overload. I don't know which site is good to start on that a total beginner can use.

Since it will combine travel and scrapbooking, I would call it "Scissors in my Suitcase". Does that sound okay?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I love it! It sounds great! Good luck Henri

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

• Henri Jean Said:
Thanks for the encouragement Kory. I pulled up blog instructions on dogpile (my preference to Google) and so much came up I was on overload. I don't know which site is good to start on that a total beginner can use.

Since it will combine travel and scrapbooking, I would call it "Scissors in my Suitcase". Does that sound okay?

i recommend using Blogger. they have a lot of personalization that is easy to use and compatible with a lot of free stuff like backgrounds and blinkies. i have used wordpress but found it very limiting and ended up converting everything to Blogger. both blogs in my signature are 'fancy' from freebies. if you need the sites, let me know.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Lamoo12

Henri - that is a perfect name for your blog!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I love the title!

I also recommend Blogger, Wordpress and Typepad scared me. lol

-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all! No news, just checking in to say hi Hope everyone survived Monday, it was tough but I made it through, LOL!
Kory, sorry you had such a bad day, was it the aaah yes lady or the drama queen? LOL!
Everyone have a great day!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

Kory -Yeah, I want to give it a try. I love texture, so I am sure I can have lots of fun with it. I really do not have anything in mind at the moment and I pull out my excuses card and claim I still can't get any layouts done anytime soon (finishing scrap area and now new laminate flooring upstairs... I am sure getting sick of stating that, I feel like a scrapbook poser, always talking, never getting anything done!)

Henri -I agree with pps, blogger is pretty easy. I use wordpress b/c it does one thing blogger can not do, but I do not think it would make any difference to you.

Hope everyone has a great TUESDAY!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Rushli

Thanks everyone! Melanie - I would love to have the sites if you don't mind. Since our Las Vegas trip got cancelled I have an extra month to catch up on things and it would be a good time to play with it. My priority is getting the last trip scrapped, we may do a short cruise in April - just to Jamaica and a few places but I'm not real optimistic. I just want my husband to get well first and quit shopping for cruises! At least until I get caught up!

I think we will be home the rest of March, all of APril, all of May and part of June so I have time to catch up the scrapbooks for the last cruise and play with a blog.

I need to get very very organized and work on the book I've been playing with but that goes on spurts although I need to put more time into it. Just can't do that with my husband home. He's so distracting.

Every few minutes - do you want to play freecell? Do you want to play Sudoku and about 10 times a day - I'm really really hungry." Zero concentration level for me when he is home.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• designguyKORY Said:
I love the title!

I also recommend Blogger, Wordpress and Typepad scared me. lol

-k

As long as she doesnt get stopped and frisked by TSA agents! LOL!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ScrappyMama6

Funny! I got frisked by TSA last time. Don't want to do it again. That is a story in itself!

We were in the airport and our suitcase was over so Bill pulled out some heavy things and put them in his backpack including one bag and didn't look in - just moved stuff.

Got to the security point and as Bill was putting his backpack on the belt, they pulled me over to check me and ignored his backpack. We didn't realize it at the time.

When we got to the off the flight I looked in his backpack and realized the he had placed our toilitries container in his backpack. He didn't know what was in the bag he packed, he just knew it made the suitcase to heavy.

His razor, extra blades, my razor, spare blades, 2 cans of shaving cream (each large), my large bottle of Red Door - large toothpaste, so much other stuff that should have been caught.

It was an accident that he had that in his backpack but doesn't give me much faith in the airport security!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to ScrappyMama6

I started playing with stamps... I just need to find where I put my distress reinkers and I can play with stains too.
[image] Stamped Muslin Ribbon By Rushli[/image]
Off to do some real work.

Veteran
In response to Rushli

My lunch was so depressing, I went in Hobby Lobby, couldn't find what I was looking for and walked out without buying anything!!! Not any fun!!!

I am on the East Coast, will somebody pick me up on the way to Kory's?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to jeniferdwn

Sure - we will send the luxury motorcoach to pick up you too!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Heyyy Henri! I HATE getting frisked by the TSA!!! Right after 9/11, I was travelling lots with a guy who happened to have the same name as one of the hijackers- and let me tell you, it was miserable. We were detained in every airport we went thru- searched, followed, the entire royal treatment. This was when there were still soldiers with guns in the airports. Vegas was the scariest.

The worst thing that happened was in Dallas, where we were checking in for a flight, and my friend wasn't paying attention, he answered YES when they asked if anyone asked him to carry something on board. As we were denied boarding and told to go to another counter, he goes, "I THOUGHT SHE MEANT YOU!"

-kory

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• jeniferdwn Said:
My lunch was so depressing, I went in Hobby Lobby, couldn't find what I was looking for and walked out without buying anything!!! Not any fun!!!

I am on the East Coast, will somebody pick me up on the way to Kory's?

Not a problem? East coast down to the south to pick up Henri Jean up through the southwestern states towards Kory. I hope Kory doesn't mind.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

This is not my story - this is my husband's but its a great TSA story...

He was vacationing a few years back in Thailand, before he and I got back together. (We broke up as teenagers, got back together in 2007.)

He got a call from one of the security companies he works for asking him to fly to South Korea for one day and pick up to children that had been kidnapped from their mother in the US and fly back to the US with them. The father had kidnapped them with the youngest (now 18 months) was only a few weeks old and the 4 year old was just a small toddler. The mother had not seen her baby since right after it was born.

The FBI had been working on the case with no success so a private investigative firm, which BIll was associated with was called in and they located the two missing children and Bill was hired to fly from Thailand to South Korea to return the children to their mother in the US.

Anyway, he was only going to be in South Korea for one night. He was to go to his room and the children's travel documents would be delivered to him that night and the children would be united with him the next day for the flight.

But... when he got off the plane in South Korea there was a phone call - he was paged and told it was an emergency.

When he took the call - it was TSA in Thailand telling him that he had illegal things in his suitcase. He told them it was impossible - he had his luggage with him - he was going to pick it up now.

They told him one piece was still in Thailand and was being held becuase it was contraband.

He told them there was no contraband in his suitcase that he was smuggling out of Thailand and after he turned his suitcases in at the terminal they were no longer in his possession and anyone could have added anything. But he did not put anything contraband in his suitcase.

They said, "Oh c'mon - what was in your suitcase."

Bill told them, "Socks, belts, undewear, t-shirts. Now you tell me what you found."

They told him, "No, you level with us and tell us what you really put in your suitcase."

THe got mad and told him to stop playing games. They said, "Endangered species. Why don't you tell us about the endangered species you were smuggling out of Thailand."

He laughed and said, "This is crazy - I wasn't smuggling any endangered species so either you tell me what you think you have or this conversation is over."

They said, "Okay - turtles. Your suitcase was x-rayed and we photographed a large sea turtle in your suitcase. That is contraband. It is an endangered species."

Bill laughed and said, "Did you open the suitcase?"

They said, "May we?"

Bill said, "You are TSA - do you know your job. Open the _____ suitcase."

THey did - to find a big brass statue of a sea turtle.

They apologized up one side and down the other and said they had no idea - it looked like a real turtle.

He told them to keep it for now, he's get it when he was in Thailand again. WHen he went back he got it and took it to Hawaii where it lived in his bus for several years. Now it is by our pool.

Back to the kids in South Korea - that was a fiasco. He could not fly legally on the plane with two children - one 18 months and one 4. He had to have a female agent with him becuase he was not permitted to change diapers or anything like that since he was a man.

THe mother spent all her money just finding the kids and paying for BIll' ticket - no chance of paying for a female agent to fly with them.

THe father offered to fly with them - that would be legal. I don't know why he wasn't arrested in South Korea but he wasn't and wanted to come to the US since his kids would be here.

WHen they got to the airport in the US - there were police cars and blue lights flashing everywhere! They were ready to arrest Bill as soon as he stepped off the plane.

Apparently the father (who kidnapped his kids a year and a half earlier) told the flight attendants and airplane crew that Bill was was following him and had said things and he knew that Bill was going to kidnap his children.

It was obvious that his plan was to get the police busy with BIll and then kidnap the kids again and run with them back overseas as soon as he could get a flight.

However, it was straightened out very quickly and Bill was released.

It was a very bittersweet reunion with the mother becuase neither of the kids recognized her and were both very much afraid of her.

I really hope all is well for them now. I can't even imagine having my newborn and my toddler ripped away from me for 18 months and taken to a foreign country. That poor mother!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Whoa. What a story. The part with the turtle- LOLOLOL

And yes, that poor mother! But what a crazy story! And what an experience.

Well y'all, I called it a day at the office at 1pm. I had a killer stress headache and just had to get out and go home. However, had to stop for headache medicine (no, not at the liquor store, but at TARGET) and since that's just next door to Michaels...

They've refilled the ONE DOLLAH MAKE YA HOLLAH aisle! Got six really cool stamps. I'm gonna take pics of them and show y'all in a minute, or as soon as my head stops pounding. Also got a pack of cool thank you cards (with CIRCUS DOGS on them!) and a 7 Gypsies 'photo tray' that was on clearance for 4.97.

-kory

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hope you are feeling better Kory! I can't stand having a stress headache!

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

• Henri Jean Said:

Henri, considering you're pace of life, I think you should call it "Running with Scissors in my Suitcase". Lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Mr Mister

Ok who herethinks henri has the BEST stories!!!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

I DO I DO I DO!! lol you can't see me but I am jumping up and down as I say it! hahahahah!!!!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Henri Jean is the best. Her stories are better than reading a novel.

Veteran

I haven't read many of her stories yet, but the one about the turtle is hilarious!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, where is everybody today?
Kory, loved the box and the cards you had on your blog, you do such inspiring work!
And I love the home improvement stores, Lowe's is my fave! I got mad at Home Depot a few years ago when one of their employees suggested I didn't have any business being in there and I should send my husband in to take care of that type of work. I was livid, I had done almost all of the interior renovation of our house myself and certainly didn't appreciate a man telling me I needed a man! But I've picked up some good stuff at Lowe's that is wonderful for all types of crafts.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

WHAAAAT?!?!?! No WAY! How did he say it?! WWHAT THE?!

I can't imagine someone having the nerve to say somethin like that to someone.

and thanks for the kind words about my stuff- I'm purty proud of the box!

k

Veteran

• chocolateaxel Said:

And I love the home improvement stores, Lowe's is my fave! I got mad at Home Depot a few years ago when one of their employees suggested I didn't have any business being in there and I should send my husband in to take care of that type of work. I was livid, I had done almost all of the interior renovation of our house myself and certainly didn't appreciate a man telling me I needed a man! But I've picked up some good stuff at Lowe's that is wonderful for all types of crafts.

I had a man at Lowes suggest my plumber come in to get the part I needed and I informed him that I was here.....He wasn't rude though, He looked kind of funny, kind of impressed, then went on and explained what I needed and how to fix the faucets and was very nice after that. If I waited on hubby to fix things, they'd never get fixed!!!! I'll do it myself thank you! LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Running with Scissors in Suitcase is pretty much on target. We do a lot of running in airports.

In Hawaii last month Bill looked at the gate number wrong and took us to one on the wrong side of the airport. Completely wrong side. We had checked our baggage. My feet were hurting and I couldn't run so Bill grabbed an empty baggage cart and told me, "We are going to miss the flight - jump on and I'll push you."

We ran for 15 minutes to our gate with him pushing me on a luggage cart and my son pretending he didn't know us. Only to find out the gate we wanted is the one where we were.

He took off in a run again pushing me on the baggage cart. We got funny looks - that's for sure!

We got there just in time to see our plane taxi away from the building.

We were okay - caught another in an hour and were home about the same time!

I think one of the weirdest was the base terminal in Hawaii - HIckam AFB.

I have no idea why but BIll bought another Segway - a lean too full sized Segway when he already had 2 at home.

WHen we fly military we have a limit of 2 suitcases each and they can each be 70 pounds so we can take 140 each. One reason I prefer to fly military cargo planes. We also take air mattresses and blankets and sleep on the belly of the airplane with the cargo.

Anyway - we are in the terminal with this Segway. And we had to turn our rental car in. SO BIll left me at the USO in the terminal with our luggage while he drove the rental car to turn it in - it was only a couple miles away.

Instead of hitch hiking back to the base and to the terminal, he rode the Segway back a couple miles to the terminal. The plane was boarding in 15 minutes and he couldn't take the Segway because it weighed 90 pounds.

He took each of the monster wheels off and put one in my suitcase and a wheel in his. We only had two pieces of luggage and the weight of the remianig piece of Segway was 75 or 80 pounds so he broke it down more, got two big cardboxes in the terminal and packed the rest of the segway in the two boxes so we had to check-ins each. I was so mad at him all the way home for putting a dirty segway wheel in my suitcase with my clean clothes! It was nearly the size of the suitcase but not as deep so my clothes fit under it.

If you don't know what a Segway is, I'll post a picture. We now have 5 but two are baby Segways and are for sale. I think one needs a battery.

My son and Bill ride their Segways all the time.

They ride them up and down the isles of Lowes, HOme Depot and Walmart as well as Publix (our grocery store). They shop on them and put thier food or hardware supplies in the pouch in front and drive their Segways right through the check out lines.

Bill even does our drive-up banking on the Segway.

Okay - I'm off subject again. Sorry Kory.

Veteran

That's funny cause I can just picture scenes from Mall Cop!!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Ooohhh Ms. Henri Jean!!

You got me tearing up and all here!! People are literally coming to my desk to see if I'm OK...I can only picture you sitting in the front of a luggage cart and Dear Bill pushing down the hall....I'll pay a million for a picture of the look on your son's face....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GIGIGI30

Unfortunately we were running to fast to get my camera out of my purse so my son could get a picture of him pushing me on the luggage cart. To get from the right place to the wrong place, and back to the right place he had to push me for over 20 minutes!

That would be fun to scrap but no pictures.

I'm so used to military terminals that I forget how HUGE commercial airports are!

We were flying military last year and there was a little grocery store on the base inside the terminal. Bill bought a large sausage thing but didn't eat it - it was still wrapped and he wasn't going to surrender it.

He stuck it in the pockets of his cargo pants. He stooped down to take his shoes off for security and the sausage pushed his pocket up and the sausage started working its way over the top of his pocket.

I just nudged him and casually said, "Dear, your sausage is showing."

Got him so flustered but he got it stuffed back down in his pocket so he could take it on the plane to eat with his lunch. He is still laughing about his sausage coming out of his pocket at the security point.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Surprisingly enough he has been thrown out of the mall here. On the posted list of "do nots" - riding Segways is on it.

That is strange to me since it is fine in every other store in Ocala.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Ok the sausage story is hilarious! You two sound like a lot of fun to be around Henri!
And Kory I love your stories as well. YOu guys can always brighten a day for me!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to scrappy_day

My recovery just took a turn for the worse - I was laughing too hard so it counts as exercise and I am not allowed to exercise!!! LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You are so funny Tammy!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh my gosh that is the pot calling the kettle black! LOL you always make me laugh!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Henri Jean, you should write a book and title it Running eith Scissors in Suitcase.A life of a scrapbooker, who's never home. I think it would be on the New York best sellers list.

Page 4 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics