Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flintridgescrapper

So excited for you Darla!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

Darla!!! That's so cool! Congratulations! I hope it's great and better and everything!

and dangit, I was checking in to let y'all know that I just got the email telling me that I didn't get the position I interviewed for last week- they went with someone else who used to work in that department. Ohhhhh will someone give the theatre company a huge grant so they could afford to pay me full time so I could quit this job?! C'mon. If you won't do it for me, do it for the world.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

You had mentioned one time Kory that you might consider moving to Australia. Are you still considering?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Yeah... that's still being talked about, too. I really don't want to - though. I really like it here in OKC.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just didn't know - you hadn't mentioned it in a long time.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Will this day ever end????

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, y'all, thankfully my day is over! Only one more day under the Nazi's watchful eye, I can do this, I can do this!
I say my day is over, but is a woman's work ever done? Lol! Tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I have to get stuff ready to leave town Friday, Thursday night I have a class at MHF, then work until noon Friday and hit the road. I'm heading to Amarillo to see da hubs. I told one of my work friends that once I cross that border into my homeland (Texas), I may not come back, lol! If I was heading to Houston, it would be even harder to come back! Oh, well, it will be a nice weekend, get to see hubs and spend his birthday with him, and we have some really good friends there that I will get to see.
How's everyone else making it through Monday?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned Darla! What fun! How long will it take you to drive there?

I have friends in Amarillo and hope to see them this summer.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm not sure exactly how long a drive it is, but I think it's between 3 and 4 hours. Not a bad drive at all. Several years ago when we still lived in the Houston area, I drove from our home (we lived in a suburb west of Houston) to where he was working at that time, Melburne, Florida, now that was a drive, lol! But I enjoy driving, so it's not a big deal. I'll have the furry boy with me, he will keep me company. And he doesn't talk back or do any back seat driving, so he's the perfect traveling companion, LOL!
Korybean, I know you have been beyond busy lately, my friend, but when, oh when, are you going to update your blog? Besides the fact that it messes with my mind whenever I pull it up and see that it's still Christmas Eve, I miss your wit and humor!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 02:19 PM

Darla I wish Amarillo was closer to Dallas... I would so love to get to meet you! But I'm excited for you that you get to visit Texas. I'm with you on the Houston thing. Houston is where my heart is and I always wish we could move back there.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 02:21 PM
In response to Vae

And Henri, if you find yourself driving through Dallas to get to Amarillo this summer, let me know. I'd love to meet you and Bill!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Jarvae, you should come up here the weekend of March 9th, a friend from Ardmore is coming for the weekend, and we are doing a Girl's Weekend along with my friend Becky here, scrapping and shopping all weekend, starting Friday evening. It's going to be fun, my friends are crazy as loons, just like me, we always have a ball whenever we get together, lol.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Jarvae, I know we will be through there this summer, just don't know when. We will drive to Salt Lake City to pick up license plates early in March then to Las Vegas for License plate meet.

From there at the end of March to San Diego to see new granddaughter. After that probably Hawaii for 2-3 weeks. Or most likely we will go to Hawaii end of March.

Then one of two things will happen.

THen we will fly back to San Diego and drive from San Diego home and we always take I-10 through Texas. If so that would be mid-April. We are looking at a England/France/Scotland/I reland cruise on April 27th.

Or if we are pressed for time we will fly to Hawaii, still leaving our van in San Diego at his daughter's house. THen fly to Florida for the cruise, then fly back to San Diego and get our van and drive back across the country through Texas but that would be more around June.

So at some point we will definitely drive across Texas. Would love to meet you too Jarvae!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Too bad y'all take I10 through Texas, that takes you considerably south of the Dallas area. But driving across from San Diego it does make sense to stay on the southern route.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Henri, I get tired just reading your schedule. I don't kow how you do it.

I was supposed to drive to Lawton for meeting tomorrow (2 hr each way) but its been moved to next week. Yay for no meeting, because sitting all day kills my back, but I was really planning on wearing jeans tomorrow. Boo hiss on dressing up! Wednesday is doctor appt. So prayers and crossed fingers please. I just want some relief, and a plan.

I have one tat (besides my eyeliner, which is the absolute best thing to have done). My hubs hates it. He was furious. It is a pink ribbon and the date I was diagnosed with breast cancer on the spot where it was. I told him I was gonna do it after reconstruction was done (i guess they were actually tattooed back on too) and he said he didn't care, but apparently he really did. I told him it was my badge of courage and I was glad I did it and would never regret it. No one else can see it anyway. It's for me, not anyone else. He just hates it.

Darla, yay on getting new position so quickly! I'm happy for you. Sounds like you'll have a good weekend. Just drive carefully.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

I've gotta tell you all about the great shopping spree my daughter and her m-i-l had on Saturday that I think even tops any shopping excursions Kory has talked about.

They went to Jo's and didn't find much, but of course managed to buy a few things that were on sale. Then they went to Mike's. I guess there were quite a few things on clearance, so Jini (my daughter) bought some stuff and went to check out. After it was all rung up, the cashier began subtracting amounts. Jini asked her what she was doing. Cashier said everything in the store was 90% off the current prices. So, since Jini learned how to shop from her mom :>) ...she went back into the store and filled another basket and her m-i-l did the same. They bought almost $500 of things, many which were already reduced, so it was more like at least $600-$700 worth of stuff, for $80-something! She got Stickles for a dime a piece, Martha Stewart punches for $1, Dew Drops for $1/set!

Her m-i-l is into cupcake decorating and said she should have gotten some things for that. Like Jini said, how dumb...they stayed in the scrapping area and didn't explore/buy the entire store...so they went back and filled another basket. Only problem was that there was a new cashier. Evidently, only the things that were on clearance outside the store were supposed to be another 90% off. Oops. There was only one cashier working, so everyone who shopped during that time got a great deal! If anyone needs a job, there just might be an opening at a Mike's in the San Diego area :>)

They were going to return everything to the shelves, but the new cashier said someone else would do it.

Sure wish I had gone shopping with them! I would have bought at least one of every paper pad they had in the store, plus a whole bunch of other goodies! ~Judy

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

I have considered the eye liner numerous times! Was it bad to get Sheryl?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to terrihooper

K, just talked to hubs (texted actually, we seldom talk on the phone, lol) and he said it's about a 4 hour drive from OKC to Amarillo, not bad at all

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Judy, sounds like they got a heck of a deal. I bet that poor cashier got an earful later.

Terri, I didn't think it was bad at all. They give you a Xanax to take before you get there. I actually slept thru the eye part the first time. I even woke myself up snoring, then started laughing. She said she'd rather have me sleeping than laughing because you squint your eyes. They did it the same time they did my nippies. Did swell some, but not as much as I thought they would. I did it on a Thursday and went to work on Monday. Where I did mine, you get one free touch up, so had it done again like a month later.

I think it was the best thing I ever did. Wouldn't think twice about doing it again. I was getting where I couldn't see good to put eyeliner on. And I thought that was a perfect time to get it done. I had to be there anyway. Where you like to scuba, run and such, I think you would love it. I had several friends that had their lips done at the same time. I don't worry about having lipstick on all the time, so I didn't do that part. My BFF retired, and she had hers done. She loves it because she never wears makeup anymore. She looks like she has on just enough. Several nurses have it done because they don't wear makeup in surgery.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

The eyeliner is an interesting thought. I'd like to do it but I'm chicken.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Thanks Sheryl- I think you have convinced me! Where do I begin to find someone to do it? I used to live in SE Texas and alot of the little oriental shops did it but I am now in deep East Texas so do I just call a tattoo place?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Wow Judy that is some story!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Look for permanent makeup. In OK it's done under some sort of doctors care. I know of dentist offices that do it or laser hair removal or skin rejuvenating spa type places. A typical tattoo place doesn't do it.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to SherylEb

My aunt had her eyeliner and lips done at her beauty shop, the lady who does it there is a nurse at the hsopital.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to NMlady

Good morning, y'all, happy Tuesday!! And a huge hurray for my last day of working under the Gestapo regime! Tomorrow starts a new chapter in my career with this company, and I'm so excited! A little nervous, as I will be learning something entirely new, but that's okay. It's always good to learn new things, try new ventures.
No news, just a crazy busy week, between work, home, MHF class and trying to get ready for my trip, my head is spinning. I talked with my friend in Amarillo last night, we are going to spend Saturday shopping Amarillo, see if they have anything different than I can find in OKC. Unfortunately they no longer have a scrapbook store, but I'm sure we'll find plenty to keep us going. And we're going to enjoy Saturday evening with her and her hubs, I think he is going to throw some meat in his smoker and we'll make all the sides and have a great Texan meal! I'm getting so antsy to go, in one way this week is dragging and in another there just aren't enough hours in my day, lol.
Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

have fun this weekend Darla!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Ladybing Tammy

G'morning, everyone!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Hi y'all! My mom got her eyes, lips and eyebrows done at the same time. YIKES!! I know how swollen and brutal it was on her. She can't understand how Josh could get tattooed without having a Xanax or something to numb it, LOL!

As a side note, his grandma is VERY religious (and dramatic), and would literally break down and make herself cry when she spotted new ink on him. Half the time she'd already seen it before, she just didn't remember. So when she got her lips and eyeliner done, we were waiting for her to come out. Josh got right in her face and told her that she was NEVER allowed to say another word about his tattoos, since she had them too. She said it was different because hers made her pretty. He told her that his made him pretty too, LOL. She still sees him in short sleeved shirts, starts shaking her head, and acts like she's going to cry ... but she doesn't say anything to him anymore! LOL!!!

We had another hard night. He's getting around and up/down much better, but I still don't trust leaving him alone yet. The worst part right now is him not being able to regulate his temperature. It will just take some time. Otherwise, his incision is looking great. I changed his bandages this morning and there was much less leakage than before. One day at a time ...

Darla, good luck tomorrow on your new position!

And hope you all have a fantastic day!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to tanyaham

Hi, ya'll!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good morning!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Looks like everyone must be busy since there are lots of check-ins :>) Kory, I thought for sure you must have updated your blog, but unless I missed a few days and it's already Christmas again...

Darla, so happy that things are going great for you. Praying you'll have an easy time of learning new things at work and hopefully there won't be a Gestapo agent that comes out of the woodwork! It would be nice if there were a bunch of crafty-type people, but who also actually came to work to do something silly...like work. Hope today flies for you (guess the work day is almost over in your neck of the woods). Your weekend sounds like lots of fun, too. Hope you and your husband enjoy celebrating your birthdays together.

Kory—you talk about maybe moving to Australia someday. What would all the OKC scrapping stores do? You'd put the OK economy in a slump for sure!

Tanya—glad Josh is feeling better. Maybe the temp. will adjust when he gets the staples out. When will that happen? Take care of yourself and hopefully find a little scrapping time.

Henri—Hope your cold is about gone and everyone else in your family gets over it. Hubby had a cold, but luckily it didn't last long. Son-in-law ended out with pneumonia, but he's finally feeling better & our youngest daughter has really been sick, but she teaches 1st grade, so it kind of goes with the vocation. Rough year for flu/colds.

I guess I've messed around enough. Time to actually get something done~Judy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

Good to see you Judy! My cold is technically over. Not much of a trace left and so is Bill's. Joe is better and can't take over-the-counter meds because of his seizure meds but he seems to be on the mend too. He has another day or two of it. Today he is just congested but its not in his chest. Hope it doesn't go there!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Where did today go? I got one page done and its not a terrific page but it is okay. I guess I like it.

It is in Pearl Harbor - docking a submarine. I didn't know they didn't go sideways. Tugboats have to push them in place. It was right outside our door - we were on the 3rd floor overlooking submarine row so I got tons of great shots of the sub being docked. It was an Australian sub.

Got it done with lots of red, white & blue and now I'm working on another that I don't know what to do with! Only 4 or 5 more pages of Hawaii then I move on to something else.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Now I'm scrapping a blue stop sign we saw in Hawaii. We don't know why it is blue. It was on the coast guard base and the other intersections had red signs.

I read on the interent that there are a few other blue stop signs in Hawaii but this is the only one we've seen.

I plan to really play with this one and have fun. To the gallery for inspiration!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-05-13 03:21 PM

Wow, today has been a beating. I always felt like Tuesdays were the new Monday. I think it's about time I had a date with my bubble bath and a glass of wine. 40 more minutes till the work day is over.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Hey, y'all, my oh my, what a day! But it's over, I've had a lovely soak in the tub, a bite of dinner, can't believe it's only 7:15 and I'm already snuggled in bed with the furry boy. Although he isn't ready, I could easily go to sleep right now and sleep thru to morning, lol.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Just home. Almost Midnight. Ohhhhh I can't wait for these 8am-12am days to be OVER!!! I am beaten down!!!

Mrs. Driver- I KNOWWWWW!!! I so so need to update my blog. But I just haven't had ANY time. I'm missing it... Hopefully, I can get it done Thursday or Friday- I have an outline for the post, just need to type it and get some pictures. Adding pictures is the most time consuming. For me, anyways.

Ohhhhhhhkay I'm gonna try to get to sleep. Final dress rehearsal tomorrow.

-k

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Kory - have you been to Australia? Have you seen the cost of everything? We were two years in Perth and I have never seen such prices, especially on scrapping stuff. It would blow your head away. Bazzill paper special offer $1 per sheet, Cuttlebug embossing folders $13 each, wooden stamps on clearance starting from $6 for the smallest, most battered. Stickles $6.75 per bottle. Want me to go on or are you staying in OK now?

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Henri Jean.... In case you can ever hop a free flight to Ks City.... the World War one museum there is excellent. It is the only one in the USA. If you ever get a chance to come, send me a PM. I can fill you in on some delightful LSS and good places to eat, etc.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Bill has a friend in Kansas City, Kansas and we have visited him before. We seem to pass that way about once a year - usually in spring on the way to Salt Lake City to sort license plates.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I second what Rosey said! I didn't price scrapbook supplies but evertything else! YIKES! I could eat at home for a week for what we spent for food in a day!

Loved it but couldn't stay very long. We would have gone home broke!

Funny story - the first night we were in Sydney. Bill booked a room that day on line - a special for $100.00 in what was said to be a pretty nice hotel. We were thrilled to find the $100.00 rate in an a nice hotel. We got there to find out that there was one room available and while we booked it on line one of the agents booked it over the phone so it was actually not available. We were so disappointed! The hotel was lovely and the price was incredible.

They told us that since it was an error in their computer system they would get us a room in another nice hotel and pay for it since our credit card and been paid to them already. We said that was fair so they called another hotel that they had a good business relationship with and explained the situation.

Then we took another cab to the new hotel and decided we liked it just fine - nice historic hotel, very classic and somewhat elegant.

We saw on the register that the rate charge was $200.00 - so the first hotel had gone above and beyond to compensate their mistake - they paid the extra $100.00 on our behalf.

The next day we decided to see if we could stay there a few more days even though we knew we would have to pay the rate of $200.00 a night.

They told us at the front desk, "I'm sorry - that room is $550.00 a night. We gave the other hotel the rate of $200.00 as a courtesy for one night."

Obviously we didn't stay there another night.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

Good Morning everyone! Hope the start of your day going well. I had a good night sleep last night went to bed early like 12:30am and woke abot 8 am. Just finished breakfast now probably going to get a shower and get dressed for the day, Heck might do more scrapbooking today. Maybe go get a haircut later today. Who knows, lol hope to try to make 11pm or midnight my bedtime from now on. Let see how that goes for me.

Justie

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Rosey: Yes, I've been. I used to live in Melbourne. In-the-city-Melbourne. Where the small bottle of vodka was 27.95.

I do want to stay here in OKC- I love it. But we'll see what happpens.

Good morning, everyone... Just got to work. Haven't even gone downstairs and got my bottle of apple juice yet...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I try to go to bed earlier some nights - just to get in an earlier habit.

Seems BIll and I stay up to midnight one night - 12:30 the next, then 1:00 then 2:00 - before you know it we are up until 3 or 4 am.

THen we start with 11:30 again and try to stay with that and it creeps back quickly and I find us up to 2 or 3 every night. Just can't stay in an early bedtime habit.

Diva

Good luck with the tattoo. My daughters want me to get one...I am such a coward!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

Yeah I know what you mean but think midnight will work for me. At least I hope it does. But when I go away for the weekend during the summer to visit family in Mackinaw City/Cheboygan area here in Michigan. I seem tried by the end of the day all I want to do is go to bed. It strange how sometimes your body can play "tricks" on you like that. But I guess it the different climat and being more active visiting family and going places.

Justie

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to justartguy007

LOL Kory, I'm preaching to the converted then! My cousin lives in Melbourne. He's teaching on a 2-year contract. He loves it. That was one place I never managed to get to which is a shame.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We really enjoyed Melbourne. THe Zoo was fantastic and I loved the Queen Victoria Market. We really had a great time - got into everything we could for a day.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

Well my order from the superstore is being ship to me. Hopefully I get it by friday. I bought some stuff on I think it was monday went they were having a 10% discount off your entire order. I guess I'm a sucker for the discount. But I didn't buy any paper. Just some cool little stamps and such. I am now going to make a promise not to buy anymore scrapbooking items for while. Until I find steady work. I am doing good on the paper front hope I can hold it on the buying any other items.

Justie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-06-13 05:25 PM

Hi peeps! Happy Hump Day!

Today was much better than yesterday, even though it was busier. I worked from home today because I had to do more voice recording for another project. Man I am soooo tired of my own voice. LOL. But I love working from home so it's worth it.

When we were in New Zealand we were blown away by the prices on everything. I took some pictures of the price tags in the grocery and drug stores because it was so high compared to home. I joked with some of the kiwis that I was gonna bootleg makeup. Too bad I'm lazy... I coulda made a killing.

Kory, hope all goes well tonight.

Darla, HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY???

Tanya, how are you holding up and how's Josh doing?

Hi Terri Henri Tammy Rosey Justie Judy Judy Driver Shryl Alison Manda Chris and anyone I missed

And I just realized how many people here have names ending in an -ee sound. I guess I can go by my old nickname JV to keep it going

OH! I'm off to make my first ever card tonight. I don't do cards because I am like 30 years behind on my scrapbooks but I need to make a special card. I don't have high expectations but the recipient is very gracious and loves handmade stuff so she won't mind. Wish me luck!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

Good Luck on the card Jarvae!

Yes, prices were pretty high when we were in NZ as well. Although, they are higher than here in Canada....it is probably worse for travelling Americans because your stuff is generally WAY cheaper than anywhere else (gas, food, rent etc.)......

I am a night owl...have been my whole life!
DH is a night owl when he's between contracts...
Unfortunately, DS seems to have inherited our tendancies for staying up late! He HATES going to bed. New Year's Eve, we let him stay up as late as he wanted for a treat.....he lasted until 4am! He was 6!

Alison

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

When I was driving in the Yukon I got a flat. My little mini-tire got us to a tiny town, but the gas station didn't have tires in my car's size. I asked the man if he'd make sure I had the lug bolts tight (I did) and we managed to get to Whitehorse with no more blow-outs. It was my best friend, her 13 yr. old daughter and me.

We had to completely unload the trunk (again) so the tire guy could get to the blown-out tire. We were sitting on the curb with all our stuff piled around us. Canadians saw our Little Debbie snacks and couldn't believe that we bought them for less than $1/pkg. I think I could have paid for my new tire in Little Debbies if we had had enough :>) We gave the tire guy a pkg. when we left and you'd think we'd given him a jewel!

It's deceiving for us Yanks to buy gas though. It sounds cheap until it clicks that it's not buying very much. Converting liters to gallons = yikes!~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-06-13 07:32 PM
In response to kiyawinn

4 am is my usual bedtime. I try to go to sleep earlier but I've always been nocturnal. I sleep best in full daylight. It drives me nuts because Rob is usually starting to drift off by 10 and that's when I finally start getting my energy.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

Hubby has always been a night owl and I used to be an early bird. Since he's retired we've kind of compromised so we go to bed around 12:30-1 a.m. and get up around 7:30. He'd like to stay up another hour or two and I'd like to get up an hour or two earlier, but we survive.

When he was little, during school vacations his parents would make him stay in bed until his brothers got to sleep, then he could get up and play quietly until he was ready to go to sleep...around 3 or 4 a.m., then he'd sleep until around 11. Christmas Eve was a problem since his parents decorated the tree and got all the presents out after the boys went to bed. Since Wayne wouldn't go to sleep and his oldest brother was an early riser (especially on Christmas morn), his poor parents didn't get much sleep and had to work like crazy to get everything done.

Me? I love seeing the sun come up!~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Hi, y'all! It's almost 10:00 and this is the first chance I've had to check in My first day in the new position went very well, but working more hours per day is going to be the biggest adjustment, lol! There is going to be a little bit of a learning curve, but this department uses most of the same programs that I am accustomed to, so it isn't going to be bad. Mainly just learn the routine and such. I crossed paths with the Nazi in the ladies room today, and I spoke, said hi and smiled, she totally gave me the cold shoulder, LOL! I was so glad I could hold my head high and know I'm the better person.
Although I have to force myself to get to sleep at a reasonable time because my clock goes off so freaking early, I am by nature a total night owl. Like you, Jarvae, I sleep better in full daylight than at night. I used to work at a bank data center, we worked from 2:00 PM until between 11:00 PM and midnight, except Fridays we didn't go in until 5:00 PM and worked until between 2:00-3:00 AM, and those hours were perfect for me. I could sleep late, go to work, then come in and do my housework, laundry, crafting, whatever I wanted to do, and still get plenty of sleep. Hubs is just the opposite, he starts nodding off during the 10:00 news and is in bed asleep before the picture fades on the tv, and is awake at the crack of dawn. If either of us tried to conform to the other's sleep pattern, I think there would be a murder in the household. Either that or a divorce, lol! Only problem when he's home, he goes to bed so much before me, then whatever I'm doing has to be done quietly. That lets out housework and laundry. Oh, well, I hate those things anyway, another excuse to stay in my scraproom!
Jarvae, how did your card turn out? I make a ton of cards, love making them. I have plenty to scrapbook, but I decided a long time ago I'll never be caught up, and it's not like there will be anybody to leave them to when we're gone, so if I never finish, no biggie. I just do it for us, and it's a great stress reliever for me. So I scrapbook some, then make cards, then back to the scrapbooking. I throw in some mixed media projects to keep things lively, lol.
Ok, time to try to force myself to sleep. Hope everyone is doing well, hope to catch up with y'all soon...............

litlplace
Resident
litlplace

Darla, what did you do at the bank data center? When I was working, I worked in the banks proof dept.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-06-13 09:44 PM
In response to litlplace

Yay glad to hear your day went well! How long will your days be now?

When I'm not traveling, I work 9 hour days plus a 1 hour lunch (mandatory) so including my commute I'm easily away from home for 11-12 hours. BUT I get every other Friday off, which is pretty nice. But yeah, the non-Fridays are pretty brutal.

Well I'm not really done with my card yet, but I'm not happy with it. I kind of started out with one idea and then changed ideas in the middle of it. So it doesn't really flow right. Plus after I'd already done most of the background work, I remembered a bunch of papers that I have that I would have liked to use. But I'm not going to redo it because I don't really have the time and it's kind of late already (it's a thank you for a christmas gift). So I'll finish up the last few pieces and then try to take some pics. Not sure if I'll finish tonight... hubs is already huffing and puffing because my cricut is running while he's trying to sleep. Can't WAIT to have my own scraproom!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

WELL! Look at that... it's Midnight. And I just dragged my sorry self in the door... I swear, I was so happy to get home that I almost got on my knees and kissed the carpet.

I'm home earlier than I thought I would be- it went .... okay. I was determined to START the show right at 8. Nobody else seemed to be in a hurry. But I just mowed right on and even started counting seconds. Aaaaand then I lost my temper and went off on the intern. (Each season, we get an intern from a college- they get class credit.) This one is horrible. On my nerves and many other people's... nonstop. I had JUST started the show. Was just about to call the second cue and she comes in the booth to ask a question. I politely said, "Hold on, I'm starting the show." I guess she thought that meant 'hold on for two seconds.' Just as I'm opening my mouth to call the next sound cue to the sound guy, which is followed three seconds with a light cue- she gets even close to me and starts talking. I turned, missed/mis-timed the cue, and just lost it-

And it had been a long time coming.

And after a nightmare day at the day job. I don't want to post that story publicly, just in case- but let me just say- if you don't know how to do something, and I offer to help, and you decide I'm not good enough to help, don't yammer on for thirty minutes about how you can't figure it out/how it can't be done.

I have Friday off of work!!! I can't wait!!! I'm gonna sleep late! I'm gonna make cards and little gifts for everyone working on the show! I'm gonna EAT!

Justie- WHAT? You're promising to not buy any supplies for a while? Are you crazy? Don't you know what thread this is?! ;-)

Speaking of supplies- I ended up at M's two days ago, on the lunch hour, with Holly. I bought another pack of Tim Holtz Grungeboard pieces- you know, the pack with all the hinges, stars, flourishes, frames and stuff? And another pack of paint dabbers. And a cool stamp and a pack of cool stamps. And newsprint to make my replica Western Union telegrams for opening night. I love making those!!!

SO if anybody wants to be my crafting assistant on Friday, come on over!

-k

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

waving as I fly by! Hi everyone!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Good morning, y'all! Happy Thursday! Only one more day until I get the he!! out of Oklahoma and back to my native land, at least for a few days, lol!
I managed to get to sleep fairly early, sometime between 11:30 amd midnight, but then the furry boy woke me up a little after 3:00 I got back to sleep for a little bit before the dang clock started going off. I sure could have stayed in bed!
Instead of the 6 hour days I'm used to, now it will be 9 hour days, with a half hour lunch. Fridays are the exception, that is the early day around here, so I only work 7 hours on Fridays. I used to work these hours a long time ago, but I'm definitely out of the habit, lol. It will take a bit but I'll get in the groove again. The worst part is my poor furbaby, I have been scouring the earth to find a pet sitter that will come mid-day to let him out and give him some activity so he doesn't have to be alone and hold it, with my half hour drive each way to work it makes a 10 hour day for him. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I need to come up with a plan quick!
I can't remember who asked what I did at the bank data center, but you nailed it. I was a proof operator. I started in banking in the proof department when I was 18, that was back in the day before they had the smaller machines with 10-key. The machines I started on were monsters, full keyboard as large as my desk is now, multi pocket, loud as a freight train. It was interesting over the years to watch the proof machines evolve into what they have now. I loved running proof, I think that is probably my favorite job out of everything I've done over the years. In total, I spent about 20 years as a proof operator.
Lovely Ms Tanya, how's Josh doing? Hope he's doing much better and well on the way to healed.
Lady Tammy, I assume from your post you're on your way to somewhere? Hopefully Canada? Have a great time!
Ms Sheryl? Haven't seen you lately, hope this doesn't mean your pain has gotten worse. Wasn't yesterday your appointment with the neurologist? How did that go? Any answers or help for your pain? I sure hope he can get you all better!
I know I'm missing a ton of y'all, but it's early and my brain isn't functioning at full capacity yet, lol! Know that I'm thinking of you all and hoping everyone is well and having a great week!

Diva
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Glad to see everyone is doing fine and I hope that you can enjoy your day off..and well-deserved!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

Sounds like you are much happier in your new postition Darla, and I'm sure you will adjust to the longer hours. Is there a neighborhood kid old enough to be responsibile who could take your fur baby out after school? Or an elderly neighbor who is home and might enjoy spending time with him and even playing with him a little?

Just got out of the shower and washed my hair. Need to dry it but the dryer bothers Bill so I have to wait until he gets up to dry it. He's been Mr. Grumpypants lately and I have a feeling he still is today so I don't want to do anything to make him even grumpier.

What is it they say? Men, you can't live with them and you can't just shoot 'em.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to bayamonesa1

How stinkin' funny - I used to run proof too! I have wondered what's happened to all that huge equipment they used to have since now everything is so automated. My friends used to write messages on their checks to the grocery store (Hi Tanya in the memo line) and I'd write back something to them, since those were the days when you got your checks back with your statements. LOL!! Small world, huh?!?

Josh is doing better. I went to work yesterday for about 4-5 hours, and planned to do the same the rest of the week. Last night was REALLY hard though, and I had a mini-breakdown this morning. I'm just freakin' exhausted. I'm sooooo tired. I haven't gotten more than a few hours sleep at a time since last week, and it's wearing on me. Between him and the dogs, who believe they need to go out and bark at nothing during the night, who also believe it's breakfast or dinner time at least an hour before it really is ... I love them, but right now I'm just flat out run down. His dad was going to come get him today, and get him out of the house for a bit so he could walk around. He's got cabin fever like crazy. I thought that would be great, since I could go to work while he was gone and not worry about him. But now I'm thinking it would be lovely to stay home and actually SLEEP (if I could) while he's gone, LOL. I hestitate every night to take a sleeping pill, since I've got the Mom Sonar Hearing going on, what if I zonk out and not hear when I'm needed?!? Ugh ... I really need a vacation after this ...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Tanya - you need a rest or a break. Things will start getting better but you have to somehow hold up til then and it isn't easy on no sleep.

Glad Josh's dad is getting him some today and it is a shame that you can't just sleep. Maybe they can get him over the weekend for a while and you can play catch up with Mr. Sandman.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-07-13 06:33 AM

Good morning everyone. I think everyone's inability to sleep has spread down to Dallas. I couldn't sleep at all last night so now I have one of those stiff-neck headaches. I hope today goes by quickly. And tonight I am going to tell hubs to make me go to bed at 11. Every once in a while I get him to do this and he literally shuts off all the lights, shuts down my computer, takes away my phones and my kindle and makes me lay down. Even if I can't sleep, I still feel like I get more rest than say... going to bed at 2 am and still not sleeping? Anyway I hope everyone has a great day today!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

I just emailed my boss and told him to scratch my earlier message about being in later. It's foggy, dark and damp outside ... perfect sleeping weather. Hopefully I'll be able to. Hubs is feeling terribly about it, and I honestly don't mean for him to. Hate that everything seems to be getting to me all at once. Check in with y'all later ...

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

Hey Kory yes I know what this forum is, lol. Hope everyone doing well this morning? I guess I am not the only one that is a nightowl. But been making myself go to bed early the last two night. It nice to be able to sleep when it dark out. I guess I sleep better when it dark outside instead of being daylight. I am still trying to wake up but I guess a nice hot bath or shower will help me wake up. Hope you all have a great day.

Justie

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Tanya, I hope you get the much needed sleep soon!
Those of you dealing with crazy work issues and long hours....hope it gets better!

I understand the long hours...on movies and tv shows, a regular day is 12 hours of shooting not including "lunch" (a term used loosely in film because it's a meal that could be at anytime of the day!). Frequently there is overtime and then there's travel to whatever location you are shooting in, 16-18 hours is not uncommon...it's nice when you shoot at the studio.
My longest work day when I was working was 22 hours....I literally started seeing things, driving home! It was brutal!

Alison

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
How stinkin' funny - I used to run proof too! :) I have wondered what's happened to all that huge equipment they used to have since now everything is so automated. My friends used to write messages on their checks to the grocery store (Hi Tanya in the memo line) and I'd write back something to them, since those were the days when you got your checks back with your statements. LOL!! Small world, huh?!?

It's funny how many former proof operators there are on this thread! I ran proof for 6 years and loved it. I had worked in a branch for 9 years before running proof. I started as a teller and worked my way up to asst. branch manager. When the branch was robbed, that was enough for me. I went to back office and loved it! The bank I worked at has eliminated the proof dept. They send the work out to be processed now. I probably would still be working there somewhere still if I hadn't been in a car accident and gone on disability.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-07-13 10:00 AM
In response to litlplace

It is funny how many people on here are in banking in some way or another. My company makes core banking software and we also do processing. Hubs is VP of a credit union. He's had 2 robberies in the past month (well not him personally but he's the one who deals with it, gets all the video footage and talks to the cops) and they were both the same teller! I would think she would have left after the first one but she is still there even now. She hardly even seemed phased by it. Of course these days all they do is pass a note... she wasn't in any real danger but you never know.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

My bank has the tellers behind glass and I assume its bullet-proof.

My ex-husband in Atlanta was one of the Vice-Presidents of Fi-Serv which was banking data processing. When a bank had a problem processing during the night he had to go into his office and figure out the software. He was a programmer for banking data processing.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Hi there everyone! I am just checking in to wish everyone a happy day!
Oh and my Dylusions came yesterday! I am going to play with them when I finish the yard work I want to get done--

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Kory, have you seen the new Prima Engraver line? PC has it. I HAD to get all the papers, 6x6 and the tape. You would love the tape. One roll is Washi black with numbers, and the other roll is fabric. Brown w/ globes, and clocks. Awesome! I thought of you when I got it. Wierd huh! I'm shopping and thinking of you all.

Darla, I did have my Dr appointment yesterday. Have a MRI of brain and an EEG next week. Left leg permanent nerve damage, neuropathy, done deal. No fixing it because the nerve is too small. Said it happens to people who sit alot. I've had a desk job for 33 years, so I guess that's me. Right leg, long story about no core, since no abdominal muscles, and leg muscles trying to help. Started on Neurontin to get the nerves to calm down. Maybe if they will calm down, I can at least quit hurting so much. May be having seizures also.

He told me to definitely not go to work today. (Who am I to argue with a professional.)

Need to make sure how med will affect me first. Only to take them before bed. I can alerady tell why. I got up in the night to go to restroom, and I ran in to wall twice, and fell back in bed. Then just started laughing. It was great. Sorta.

Had a regular 3 mo appt w/ FP today. Told him the scoop. Just keep taking the Lortab. and using e-stim until get Neurontin built up. May take months.

Gonna sneak to MHF. Gotta have some of the new stuff. My BFFs are all going to Affair of the Heart tomorrow, but I told them no. I can hardly walk down the hall, I have no business trying to go. Even though I really want to. Not just for the stuff, but to see my BFFs! Besides, I better go to work. yuck

Darla, have fun on your weekend rondavu. You'll be having your own "Affair of the Heart". LOL

Tanya, hang in there. It'll keep getting better every day. It will just seem like forever. Maybe do take a sleeping pill. If Josh really needs you, you'll hear him and you could use a good nights slep.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Jarvae—The bank teller that got robbed, was she full-time? My s-i-l worked 2-days a week in a bank (years ago) and got robbed 3 times. The bank always had a couple of end windows that weren't used except for busy days and those were the days she worked. Robbers knew that temps worked those windows, so those are the ones they robbed. They didn't realize they were dealing with a Dutch girl who would begin yelling in a language they didn't know and they'd run off scared :>) She'd give them whatever they asked for, but her demeanor and language had them running!~Judy

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to mrsdriver5

LOL @ yelling at them in a different language! I could just picture it!

Darla, glad you're liking the job so far. Hope you get the dog baby situation figured out.

Tanya, hope you got some sleep today. Nothing worse!

Hi everybody else. Just popping in after a crazy day! We've went to look at houses for my in-laws. They're hoping to move closer so we can care for them better. In between that, I get a call that a customer that is irate! That's one part of my job that I hate. I'm not a confrontation person anyway, and I have to try to calm crazy people down! It will feel so good tomorrow not having to answer the phone. Tim is taking me to Tulsa for my birthday to go shopping!

Hope you all have a good weekend if I'm not on here much!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Sheryl, wow! What a diagnosis, but hope the medicine at least makes it tolerable for you!

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl, I have been on the generic for neurontin for a long time. I take 600 mg. 3 times a day. It has calmed my nerves down a lot but I still occasionally get a seizure. It's funny actually. I'll be sitting down relaxing, and out of the clear blue my leg will kick. It doesn't hurt or anything, I just can't control it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-07-13 07:36 PM
In response to litlplace

Tanya, I hope you got some good sleep today.

Sheryl, wow. Just wow. I hope the meds start to help.

Judy, actually she's a full time teller and both robberies happened during non-peak hours. The second of the two, one of the other customers chased the guy down and held him for the cops because he really likes that teller. He always waits for her specifically and he was mad that someone came in and tried to mess with his girl.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Hey, y'all! Long day! Worked til 5:00 then to MHF for a class, but the Steampunk Heart we made is so stinking cute, it was worth it. Then home to gather up everything and pack, hubs texted me a list of his things he wants me to bring, and of course furboy was mad at me for being gone so long today. My dad came over mid-day to let him out, but my spoiled kid is kind of afraid of my dad, I think because dad is so tall and has a loud voice, plus dad doesn't sweet talk him like we do, lol, anyway he wasn't a happy camper with me! But he forgives quickly so it's all good now. Now we're finally settled into the bed, catching up here and try to get to sleep early, tomorrow will be a long day between getting up so early, working til noon, then the drive to Amarillo.
Ms Sheryl, Maura told me you had been in today, lol, said you weren't supposed to be out and about but ya know, ya gotta have priorities! Hope the Neurontin works for you, I've been on it for years for fibromyalgia, it helps my symptoms but doesn't make me sleepy or loopy. My sister tried taking it for neuropathy in her foot, she slept for 3 days, lol! Affects everyone differently.
Hello to everyone else, hope all is well with y'all, and that everyone has a good weekend planned. I'm taking my iPad with me so I can keep up with everything here.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Darla, have fun on your trip! Sounds like you need some time away.

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to Vae

My branch was robbed by a guy that said he had a gun. The girl he went to had just started a few months before. She gave him everything EXCEPT the dye pack. They caught him and he did some jail time. I don't remember how long. When he got out, he came back and robbed the same branch again. (I moved to another branch by that time) And was caught again. I think they put him away for a long time this time. His dad did his banking at the same branch and he was a really nice guy. He kept apologizing for what his kid did. After the second robbery, the dad changed branches. We also had a flasher come through our drive in at the second branch.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Boy, I would love the 3 days sleep!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-07-13 08:39 PM
In response to SherylEb

Steampunk heart? Darla I wanna see!! Can you text me a pic of it?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-07-13 08:43 PM
In response to Vae

Okay so I FINALLY finished my card. This is the first card I've ever made. And as long as it took me to make it, it may just be my last. Have I mentioned how slow I am? hehe

Anyway so it's for one of my best friends. It's a thank you card for the Christmas gift she gave us. We had all planned on going to see Wicked (one of my favorite musicals) together this spring and she gave us money so that we would upgrade our seats to be down in the center orchestra.

Wicked Thank You card

By Jarvae

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

1st card????? I wish my first card looked that good! Left you some love in the gallery.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Vae

wow they are amazing like the design on the flip that opens the card. Very cool and nice colors.

Justie

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Cricut Expression for sale, never used,only $100 and I have no money because daughter couldn't afford to pay any of her own rent and I had to pay mom's dr for her cataract surgery.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to NMlady

Is it the old Expression or the Expression 2? Don't be too sad if it isn't the E2! Pretty soon, you'll be in the money again, and you can just get the E2!

Aaaaand, if it is the E2, well... do what I do. Sit down and let the gears turn and you'll find a way to come up with the money. lol

Awww, I remember when I was "19 and poor." I was sooo young and living in my first apartment, with a roommate- a girl I'd gone to high school with, and wow, the ways we'd scheme.

If we were broke and hungry, we'd go from fast food drive thru to drive thru- "Hi, we were just here, and you left one of the cheeseburgers out of our bag." Then to the next place- "Hi, we were just here and you left one of the burritos out of our bag." And so on and so on.

Or, it was 'Dating For Dinner.' lol

WHY AM I AWAKE AT 4 IN THE MORNING?!

I got home at 11:40pm. A long, long day. The play had its 'preview night.' Which is kinda like a final dress rehearsal- but with an audience and the tickets are a little more than 1/2 price. Which means they get to see the show for cheap, and we get a trial audience, and they can't complain if the set collapses or every single lighting cue decides to fire at once. But it went pretty good and only started three minutes late. And that was the fault of the woman who enters first- I was calling places and she's STILL getting dressed!!! WHAT?! I was shouting in the dressing room, "I WILL DRAG YOU DOWN THE HALL AND THROW YOU ON THE STAGE WHETHER YOU ARE DRESSED OR NOT!" (I was determined to start on time, lol)

Yayyyy. Opening tonight! I can't wait for the party!

Anyways, I got home at 11:40. I took a shower and fell asleep immediately. BUT WHY DID I WAKE UP at 4?! I am cursed.

Oh! And I updated my blog a bit, yesterday morning! It isn't much- but there's one little card!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

and JARVAE!!! WOW! What a card! I swear- it looks like licensed WICKED merchandise. Amazing!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Good morning! I finally got a little bit of sleep yesterday and last night. Hated hearing that stupid alarm though! Hubs got out with his dad a little bit yesterday and was real tired when he got home (understandably). He was stressed all night because his new boss has messed up royally, and he may not be getting a paycheck next week. Paperwork bull, and him not knowing what the heck he was doing, on top of dropping the ball entirely. At least he admited that he'd screwed up, but I don't trust him to realize the impact that will have, since many of our bills are automatically deducted from it, which just snowballs the screw-up. Today is the last day of their pay period and the boss assured him he'd try and fix it. I told Hubs to tell him that the man DID NOT want an earful from me about it, becasue his unborn grandchildren would be understanding just how PO'd I am about it!!!! Neither of us need that stress right now, and compounds how worried Hubs was about moving to the new area in the first place. I hate seeing him hurt, down, depressed, upset, anything but happy - so I've got my Mamma Grizzly Bear attitude today. Don't nobody mess with me or mine!! LOL

Jarvae - your card!!!! OMG!!!!! The word "gorgeous" is not even enough to describe!! It's just beautiful and the recipient will LOVE it!!

Darla - enjoy your trip, have fun and be careful on the road!

Kory - enjoy your day off and create some awesomeness!

Everyone else - have a great day!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

oh Darla I wish - I just meant rushing by to check in and say hi as still no internet until Feb 14 so quickly checking at work

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Good morning, y'all! Happy Friday, finally!!
I got everything packed last night,got myself settled with the boy in bed, then couldn't sleep! My mind was racing about the class I had taken, did I get everything I need to take with me to Amarillo, work this morning, getting the boy's stuff ready and what time to drop him at daycare, etc, etc! I finally got to sleep sometime after midnight, then the little toot woke me up at 1:30!! Got back to sleep and when the clock went off at 4:30 I could have thrown it across the room, lol! Then got myself ready, the car loaded, boy to daycare, Walmart for treats for my birthday buddy at work, finally at my desk, and I'm exhausted before the day has begun! But a couple of deep breaths, a little work and by non I'll be raring to go.
Jarvae, PM me your cell number, I'll text you a pic of the heart we made. She called it Steampunk, and it is to a degree, not what I consider hardcore steampunk, but it is really cool and so fun to make!
Everyone, hope you have a wonderful day and great weekend!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Happy Friday!

Wow, that stinks, Tanya. Hope the boss gets it fixed!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Since I don't get to shop @ Michaels very often, I have a question. I think I've seen that they take competitors coupons. I just got an email from J's this morning for 20% off entire purchase, including sale items. Will they take that?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-08-13 06:48 AM

Good morning everyone!!

Aww you guys all make me feel better. Last night I kept looking at it and seeing everything that is wrong with it. I'm always very self-critical of anything I make but especially if I'm giving it to someone else. But hopefully she won't notice the flaws. I actually was kind of sad at the end that I have to give it away. Being my first card, I kind of started to get attached to it and wanted to keep it. LOL. So I'm going to take it to her today at work to remove the temptation.

Today is going to be crazy busy. I am taking a half day so we can go have meetings about our house (what a headache) and I have a project I have to get ready before I leave. Plus I brought my stuff with me to get organized for the house meetings, and I need to write my personal message in the card (luckily I remembered to bring some gold paint pens. I just hope they work).

I'm sure I'll be checking back once or twice before I leave. But just in case...

Kory, break a leg!

Tanya, yay for sleep, boo for incompetent people!

Darla, have a great trip!!

hi Tammy!

Judy, yes my Ms takes competitor coupons, both in print and on the smart phone app. So does J's, but the competitor coupons have to be in print (not on the phone).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh NMlady - I hate that you have to sell your Cricut. I understand about needing the money though. I remember days when my roommate and I bought 1 can of canned vegetables and split that for our day's meal. Royal Castle was a big chain in Miami and sometimes we saved for days to go get a doughnut and split it between us. That was an extravagance and those are still the best doughnuts I've ever had. Not that they tasted any better than others, it was just that it was such a treat that we saved for - and then we split it.

White cream inside, chocolate on top and more white cream on top of that. One doughtnut put us both on a sugar high for a week.

If she had a date she only ate half her meal and broght the other half home to me and if I had a date I brought the other half of my meal home to her. SInce we dated a lot - we were able to eat.

Often I told my date, "Instead of taking me out to dinner, take me grocery shopping and I'll cook for you." That fed both of us for days sometimes and she did the same. Only she didn't real cook so I cooked for her date when he bought groceries for us. I was dating 3 different guys in those days so that usually kept us in food.

I hit really poor days again after my divorce and my kids were really small - both under 3. My ex did not send his child support checks and I was determined I was going ot make it without them - I was too proud and stubborn to depend on him so the kids and I didn't have much but we made it! I think that is why my kids are I are so close today - so many years fighting for our survival without the help from their father. My mom helped a little and she also baby sat, sometimes for days at a time at her house when my hours were really long.

Now we have to watch pennies, we probably watch them more than we have to but we are comfortable on retirement income and social security but its still a fixed income but we do have a good bit of wiggle room, only because we have no debt other than phone, utilities, insurances and that kind of thing. No mortgage, car payments or debt.

If we had bills, we would not be making it.

If we want to take a cruise or go somewhere it isn't a problem we can do it but we have to take inside cabins and plan wisely how we spend our money. No bar tabs or gambling or shopping on the ship but we do buy trikets adn t-shirts in some of the ports.

We never buy ship's excursions - way to expensive. We go to the same places but we have to plan the excursions ourselves but that saves money. Instead of the expensive tours we take the hop on-hop off buses which I really like much better.

But we spend a lot less on travel than we would spend on a mortgage if we had one and car payments. Most people spend a lot more money on normal day-to-day bills than we do on our travel.

I know we have an advantage that we can take military hops and that doesn't cost us anything but if we had to pay for those flights, we wouldn't be going. In my mind, Bill paid for that benefit for us with his 20 years service with low pay and very low retirement checks. But I am most grateful for the military flight benefits and excellent insurance.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Vae

Happy birthday Judy Flint!

Tammy - you have to wait till the 14th for internet now? That sucks, I'm sorry.

Kory - sounds like a pretty good dress rehearsal to me!

Tanya - I'm glad Josh is improving enough to go out. Doesn't it suck when people screw up just when you REALLY need them to get things right. You're right to go all Mama Bear on him. Let's hope he fixes things, and quickly.

Jarvae - that card is AMAZINGly beautiful - I love it! Tell me, about your name - how do you pronounce it? It's very unusual. Where did it come from? Does it have a meaning?

Darla - glad the new job is better than the old one, and good for you being the better person than the Nazi LOL

Terri - enjoy the Dyelusions and show us what you make? As soon as you get time. Oh but wait, you have loads of time now don't you? {snigger}

Hi to everyone else!

We have a snow warning again for Sunday, but I don't believe it. It's just cold and grey here at the moment, although I can see the sun shining in Wales. DH is home early today so maybe I'll get to scrap.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thank you for the reimned Rosey -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY!

Kory - what is your schedule like now that you have gotten through the first performance? How long does the show run?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-08-13 07:19 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-08-13 07:23 AM
In response to Vae

Rosey,

Why thank you! My name is actually french, but it's not spelled right. My mom heard it and liked it, but she never knew how it was supposed to be spelled, she just spelled it how it sounded to her. So, it's pronounced Jar-vay with the accent on the end. And the J is really hard to explain typing, but it's a soft j, and sounds kind of like how you say "genre" or "Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics