Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Good morning everyone! Judy dear were you able to sleep at all? Keeping the keys on you is a GREAT idea! Love the idea of the panic button.

The other thing I remember from self defense class is to go through every room in the house and find one or two things that could be used as a weapon (in case you get separated from your gun- always good to have a backup plan or 10). So if you have andirons in the fireplace, knives in the kitchen, umbrellas, golf clubs, etc. The hardest one for me to do was the bathroom. The best I could come up with was chemicals under the sink but then I'd worry about them splashing into my eyes while trying to use them. So I now have a broom leaning against the corner. I normally keep all my cleaning supplies tucked away, and I have to keep reminding myself that it's a weapon and not a broom

Gin is exactly right, sometimes just having a plan of action can give you that extra bit of confidence and make you feel worlds better. Hope you got some sleep!

What kind of classes did you take?

Excellent point about the cleaning supplies-hairspray can work too. The bad part about weapons is every single one of them can be turned against the user, but that's where we learned that practicing and repetition really makes a difference. Also, an escape plan is always good-avoidance is a great thing.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
Good morning, y'all, and a wet stormy Monday morning it is! Thunderstorms and heavy rain all the way in to work this morning, and they are saying sometime around noon the snow will start and so far, their prediction is for blizzard conditions by very early afternoon. If that actually happens, I will definitely be leaving early so that I can navigate those dang crummy county roads. If it begins to freeze over, I need to be ahead of it, otherwise getting home is really iffy. And since I'm a single mom, I have to get home to take care of the boy.
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! It was so lovely chatting with everyone here so much! Since I know so few people here in Ok, it is so nice to feel like I'm surrounded by friends when I'm here.
Hope everyone has a good and safe Monday!

I don't know how close you are to Lubbock, but it's completely shut down. No school, even the airport is closed. I'm guessing what they're getting this morning is on its way to you next?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to gin1902

KK and Darla, I'm ready for the stormin' to get here, too!!! I came in an hour early today, and plan to leave at noon to get ahead of it.

The Hubs gets a new antibiotic today, one that only takes 10 minutes to administer. He's excited. Then again, they said the last one would take an hour & half, and they always take 2 hours or longer. We'll see ... either way, it should be less time, and that's great!

I'm so ready to get home, get in my jammies, snuggle my pups and get some scrapbooking done! Or watch a movie. We have one waiting on us. Hoping it snows a lot tonight, and we're stuck inside tomorrow! **fingers crossed**

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 09:02 AM
In response to Vae

It's funny actually how many people in the US are still building castles. There are a couple I know of in Colorado that people have been working on building for decades. They're small, comparatively, but still pretty amazing. I do often think about how "young" our country is and how sad it is that we have to travel so far to see truly historic architecture.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Jarvae- I just need one tooth for every performance, plus and extra ten or so for tech week and 'practice.' So I need to make sure they're consistent- so that he doesnt get used to cracking them a certain way and then one night it explodes in a puff of white clay...

Anybody have any practice with clay and know what clay would work best? I'm now wondering about biting into some stuff and making a mold that way...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 09:06 AM
In response to designguyKORY

I know you like to create things so I won't take away from that... but if all else fails...

Teeth

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

Jarvae-Your Bride page is so beautiful!

I love that you have the chimes! It's such an invisible security thing-not like a baseball bat by the door-not that there's anything wrong with base ball bats, just "decor"-wise, chimes are so much prettier!

I remember at a job once, on the first day we all had to manhandle and use this giant fire extinguisher. Of course we got that white stuff all over our nice first-day-on-a-new-job clothes, but the reason was-you don't want the very first time you use the fire extinguisher to be at a fire. That just made so much sense to me! You just can't read the small type on how to work the dang thing with smoke, panic and something burning down right in front of you!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 09:18 AM
In response to gin1902

Aww thanks That's the project I've been working on forever. It's been 2 years since the weddding. If I'm lucky it will be done by my 10 year anniversary. LOL

It's true. You are lucky you were able to do that at work. I think most people for home protection wouldn't use the fire extinguisher because that basically makes it worthless and those things aren't exactly cheap for one time use when you're just practicing.

It's the same for those emergency ladders for 2nd story bedrooms. You would think it would be a good idea to practice it, but most of the ones I have seen are clearly labeled one-time use only. I think there are some higher priced ones that are reusable but most people don't realize that when they buy them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

We have little window locks that can be taken off easily from the inside in a second but your can't get them off from the outside without breaking a window. It allows the window to only open as far as you want to - ours are set about 10 inches so we can only open our windows 10 inches but that can be easily changed. They are on every window in the house.

So right now I can only raise any of the windows 10" wihtout readjusting the little gadget.

I locked myself out of my last house and the next door neighbor came over with thin screwdriver thing - a very common household tool and in less than 15 second he slid it between the area where the upper and lower glass meet and popped the lock open. Within a minute we were in the house.

The window locks are cheap, they pop on and it has a screw to tighten to hold the place. The window will not go up any further.

My mother devised a system that works so well for her because she works all day and then comes home to an empty house.

She bought the large size hook and eye things. One for each door on the house. She keeps them all locked. If someone breaks in they cannot get out of the room without disturbing the hook and eye. SHe walks around the room and if every hook and eye is in place then no one got in the front door and is hiding in any rooms because they couldn't fasten the hook and eye again.

Its actually ingenious. If someone came in a window and was in a room he would make an awful racket getting out of the room because of the hook and eye.

When she gets home from work the first thing she does is walk around and check the hook and eyes on each door, even the bathroom. If they are all hooked, no one has been in the house that could be in one of the rooms and unless someone came in through a window, in which case he could not get into the rest of the house quietly and the noise would give her a chance to escape.

Also when I am home alone my cell phone stays in mhy pocket. I always have it where I can get to it immediately. I don't want to walk into the kitchen and encounter a problem and my phone be in the office.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

That's perfect! It would be great to just be able to order them...I wonder how well they break, tho... hmmm...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 10:03 AM

I bet you could put something in the pliers themselves that will have a loud cracking sound. Or maybe you could glue a piece of clay to the back of the teeth so that they "crack" if these don't break super easily... You could always pre-crack them and then glue them back together so that they come into pieces.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Hey, y'all, still no winter storm here, which is okay since I'm still at work. If I were home, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Hubs is in Amarillo, and they are getting pounded! he sent me a video he took from his balcony, it is blowing up a blizzard, wind about 50-60 mph. Luckily he is in today, didn't have to get out in it.
Gin, I'm in central Oklahoma, so not very close to Lubbock. About 4 hours from Amarillo. The airport there was closed this morning also. My friend Diane that lives there texted me that TXDOT is shutting down parts of the interstate and Nat'l Guard has been called out to assist stranded motorists. It is all supposed to be heading this way, but either it has stalled somewhere or slowed down, they were saying it would start here around noon.
I have windchimes in every room of my house. I use my ceiling fans year round and I love the faint sound they make with the fans blowing. Luckily we have an alarm system, which I set when I leave the house and when I'm in for the night, and I've accidently set it off a couple of times so I know it is loud enough to wake the dead. If that doesn't scare off an intruder, I bet my gun will.
Ms Judy, hope you were able to get some rest last night. I know how it is with hubs gone and listening for every sound. Hope soem of the great tips people have posted here will give you enough peace of mind to get some rest.
Can't remember what else I was going to say, but it's time to go check the weather again, lol
Catch y'all later...........

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Lots of great tips for home security and safety here for sure! The hook and eye thing on the doors is a good idea and having a real alarm system is great too for folks that have that available. We rely on the woof, woof, grrr and surprisingly, horses make good watch dogs too. They're very alert and know just who doesn't belong here!

Just got my box from here with some of the new Engraver and Secret Garden and French Country stuff!!!!! Also got some of the Engraver resist canvas-does anybody know what I'm supposed to do with it? On the package it says it's not a toy. I think I'm supposed to spray on it so the designs show up. Right?
Products Referenced in This Post:

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

You all are the best! I love all the tips you've given me, and I'm sure gonna use the ones I can! Thanks for your concern. It was sometime after 3 when I finally went to sleep, so when Tim went to bed, I decided to try to nap some more. However, that was not to successful with the phone ringing, and since it's thundering here, my little boy is terrified and needing special attention! Oh, well, maybe that means I'll sleep tonight.

I usually sleep with a white noise machine on, but I just couldn't do it last night. I wanted to be sure and hear if anything was going on. Tim told me that I really should leave it on to help so maybe I'll try that again tonight. He was trying to help me, and he reminded me once again that my dogs are in the house, and they would be having major fits if anybody came in. I would have plenty of time to get prepared.

I know I can't allow the fear to paralyze me, so I'm just gonna do my best to be prepared and try to get on with life.

Anyway, I think they're taking some of our chances of snow away, but maybe it will go ahead and do it. I want one pretty snow this year. All the ones we've had have been little ones that were gone within a few hours. I LOVE being snowed in! Be safe to everyone that has to drive in it.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy~I was so worried about you last night! Do whatever works for you, but I can't tell you how glad I am to know you've got dogs! Even if they don't growl at or chew somebody's leg off, you'll know if they think something is up. And again, don't hesitate to call the police-it's what they're there for.

Darla~I had no idea so many folks had inside chimes! I love that! I've got one outside that has tubes about 3 feet long, so the sound is kind of low, not tinkly. Husband and I take stuff we find and make them-keys, old silverware, items of unknown origin and purpose. Because they all sound so awful, we call them "junk chimes and wind clanks." But they're fun.

All you guys getting this latest storm-be safe!

Edited by gin1 on 02-25-13 11:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to gin1902

Thank you SO much for your concern!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Judy - I know all about that kind of fear - my ex worked nights and it took me years to be able to sleep because I hated being alone in the house. I did some of the tricks that people have mentioned here. And when I got scared I simply prayed for the angels to look out for us. It helped me rest a little more over time.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hey guys!

I have had a huge migraine that started last night and just recently ended. Ugh.

It is blowing snow here like crazy. I was raining early this morning but started snowing I guess around 9 or so...my time might be a bit fuzzy.

No cars are on the the road, and that is probably a good thing!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Manda_K

Oh, Manda! Migraines are the worst! Glad it's over.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Glad your migraine ended Manda.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Manda. I was going to ask how you're getting on with those. That's the first for a while though, isn't it?

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to RedSquirrel UK

just remember, if someone does come in your house n u happen to shoot him, make sure to put one of your kitchen knives in his/her cold dead hand...just in case the police need clarification that you were justified in shooting your weapon! haha!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Juansmom

Yeah, I have been taking Zyrtec and it has been helping my allergies and the frequency of my migraines. I had one a few weeks ago.

They are more sparse, but also more intense.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Manda_K

We've gotten quite a bit of snow. I'd say at least 4 inches. Rural people don't have electricity. I'm in town, so I'm ok right now. It's been off a couple of times. I didn't go to lunch until almost 2:00. Got home, shut the garage to keep the snow out and then the power went off. Called my secretary. She said they had no power either. Told her I couldn't get garage door open so I'd just stay. No sooner got my sweats on than it comes back on! So I went back to work in my sweats. I'm home again. It's been blinking on and off, but so far, so good. It should be headed to the city. I bet it'll be snowing bunches within the hour. No school anywhere around here today. Most of the businesses closed at noon today. Not us, by golly we will be open till 5 to let that last nut that's out on the road in. Actually everyone who lived outside town got to go home. They had to call in when they got there so we'd know they made it. Most of them have already been told not to come tomorrow. I know, it's really not fair, but they don't get paid for it, so that's not really good either. I don't mind coming. It's not like we're going to do anything but have a party anyway. It's kind of like a ghost town when the weather is bad. Except you'll have the little old lady who can hardly walk on a good day decide she's just got to get out. Then we just worry abut them and keep checking to make sure they made it back home.

Makes my trip to Tampa this weekend look better all the time. Standing in the snow...packing my bathing suit..:

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Manda I used to have trouble with migraines. Like 25 years ago. They had me get my allergies tested. I took allergy shots for years, but no more migraines. I always said I didn't have allergies. My nose didn't run. I didn't sneeze. I did have bad allergies though. I may have a migraine occassionally but that's it. very rare now. Hope you get to feeling better.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Jarvae, your picture are gorgeous! Great job.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to SherylEb

My allergies have gotten worse lately. The sneezing and runny nose, watery eyes, dark circles, super fun. I need to get tested and make it all official so I can get cheaper allergy meds.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

STILL waiting on the snow!!! Left work at noon, met The Hubs for lunch, it was raining and some sleet until we got home, and then nothing. We've been watching the news all afternoon ... haven't even scrapbooked At least we were told that we don't have to report until 10am tomorrow! BRING ON THE SNOW!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hey, y'all! I'm home safe and sound, we'll see what the weather does overnight before I know if I get a snow day tomorrow or not. In my part of the City, it just rained all day, rained on me all the way home until I got about 5-6 miles from the house, then it started snowing so hard I could barely see the road. Snowed for about 30-45 minutes, has stopped now. Like I said, we'll see what it does overnight now.
Poor hubs in Amarillo, they got absolutely hammered with snow! 20 inches in some areas. He got a snow day today, will likely have a couple more before it melts enough for them to start back up.
Hope everybody else is safe tonight.........

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I was watching the storm in Texas on our news tonight...it's supposed to reach us by Wednesday...
Keep safe and warm, everyone!

Alison

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

Oklahoma, Texas and that part of the country is getting the "big storm" that we had last week that dumped a whole inch of rain on our area (So. Cal.)...but like I had said...for us, that IS a big storm! It's finally starting to warm back up, so good weather should be heading your way, at least by the weekend :>) Yesterday was windy, for us, and it seems like it blew all the bad stuff out of here. Be careful, everyone and happy snow day for those who get one tomorrow.~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to mrsdriver5

Ms Driver, for you I'm glad it's warming up there, but please keep it there! I am not looking forward to warm weather here, so I'll keep the cold as long as possible, lol

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Well, its been over an hour since we've had electricity. I'm laying in bed warmest place in the house reading a book on ipad. Thought I'd see how others were. After it quit snowing it started raining again. Now its snowing again and the wind is blowing so hard. I can hear it outside.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I was trying to encourage all of you that better weather was on its way...but I forgot about you Darla :>) I'll blow on an ice cube every hour or so and send it your way, just for you lol~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

LOL! Thanks, Ms Driver!
Ms Sheryl, it's snowing again here too, and the wind is really howling! We might just get a snow day after all, yay!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Don't know how this one missed us so entirely! We must have been on the edge of it because all I got was some monster wind-not one flake. But Darla, it was a nice cold wind. Everybody be safe!!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to gin1902

Yep, it totally missed us too. It started coming down just shortly after my last post, then stopped. Rained a little. Now, just windy. Ugh ... I was REALLY wanting a snow day tomorrow!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

It has been kind of a weird storm. It stalled just before it hit the OKC area, and I think it weakened as well. I don't know how much we'll get, but for now it is looking good. Fingers crossed it keeps it up all night!
I'm still laughing at Ms Judy's comment about blowing on an ice cube! I wish it were that simple! I get so hot once it starts warming up, seems like I don't have a cool moment until the first winter storm hits. I used to get so hot when we lived in the Houston area, many times I would go home from work, fill the tub with cold water, dump the ice bucket in the tub, then lay in it until the ice cubes melted. That would cool me off for a few minutes anyway.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Well, in case anyone was wondering, I'm still in the dark. Cooking my toaster strudel supper with a lighter. I knew I should have got POP tarts. Remember it went out at lunch too. Got 4 heavy blankets on top of regular bed stuff. See ya in the morning. Maybe I should go ahead and put a toaster streudel on a candle. that way i can have breakfast

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to SherylEb

LOL...toaster strudel by lighter!! Hope it comes on soon for you! That's no fun for sure!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Hope you have some electricity this morning Sheryl an that everyone weathered the storm.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Not sure who mentioned being scared in the house.. too many pages to go back and check, but onetip I do is leave my keys in the lock but at an agnle then if they try with a master type key it blocks it...only problem with that Hubby works away and came home unexpected and couldn't get in DOH !!
Have a good day all. The weathers just cold here hopefully we've missed all the snow now.
Anne x

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
My allergies have gotten worse lately. The sneezing and runny nose, watery eyes, dark circles, super fun. I need to get tested and make it all official so I can get cheaper allergy meds.

I was allergic to everything (asthma, eczema, hayfever, migraines) until I went on the Blood Type Diet in 2006. I had a couple of years of being super-good, then I lapsed to about 75% compliant and the allergies have never come back. I also no longer get headaches (just the odd isolated one), or every cold/flu that goes around, or bad monthly cramps, or dry skin or, or, or - you get the drift. I take no meds at all. I'm a particularly good advert for it!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Ks City got hammered with this storm. Thousands without power. I will be at home because a snow day was called last night. Kids will be out with the sleds again. Power still on for us and keeping fingers crossed that it stays that way. Plan to bake brownies later this morning and butternut squash lasagna for supper. Paper fun for me in between the baking episodes. I think I will try to build up my stash of embossed papers... Cuttlebug will be busy today.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Good morning, y'all! Happy Tuesday!
Yes, I'm at work, although it raged and blew all night, the roads weren't bad at all this morning, so here I am. Korybean, if anyone tries to call in for a snow day, tell them they're full of cr@p, lol!
Ms Sheryl, hope your power came back on last night. It got bitter cold, would be miserable without some heat.
Ms Judy, hope you got some rest last night! I don't know about you, but the longer I am alone, the more comfortable I get with it. At first, I hear every little noise, then I gradually get used to it.
Manda, hope you're feeling better today, no more migraines! As a headache sufferer myself, I know how miserable it is.
Ms Tanya, even though I was hoping for a snow day for all of us, no such luck! Hope Josh is doing better.
Rosey, dear, I want to know more about this blood type diet. I don't have too much trouble with allergies, thankfully, but it might help with my headaches.
I know I'm missing a ton of people, not intentional just poor memory, lol. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good morning everyone!

Sheryl - how you doin? Hope you are not still in the dark.

I also went on the blood type diet in 2006. I lost 63 pounds without a lot of effort and really felt good.

I used to have to get allergy shots and was a mess. I really don't have allerygy problems anymore. If I really get into something I will but that is rare. Bill bought an air freshener for the van last year and it squirted out a scent every 5 or 10 minutes. That gave me an attack but that is the only one I remember in the past 4 or 5 years.

I've never had more than 2 or 3 little headaches in my life so I don't know about that but even after I got off the blood type diet and I eat everything that isn't nailed down, the weight did nto come back on.

Blood type diet breaks foods down to weight gain enoucragers and weight loss encouragers and neutrals that aren't going to make you loose or gain.

I didn't measure or weigh anthing. As 0 postive I could have all the beef I wanted and dark fruits and fruit juices like grape juice and cherry juice.

I ate chicken but that didn't cause me to gain or loose and fish didn't either. Citrus fruits were weigh gain encouragers for me.

I need to get back on it becuase I was never hungry, didn't have to measure anything and really felt great all the time.

I never bought the book "Eat Right for your Blood Type" but I got online and typed in different searches - Blook type O diet and other variations and came up with the food list. I may have typed in "Eat Right for your Blood type 0 diet. That may have brought up the lists.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I can't believe we didn't get any bad weather. I'm at work. Only the main one who called in y'day has called in today too- but now she's 'sick,' lol.

Dangit! I was sure I was gonna get to stay home today! Oh well...maybe I'll make it to JoAnn tonight...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I need to stay away from Joanns for a while. Went in a few days ago and walked out with a new Fuse - still in the box.

But Kory - you and others who have been encouraging me will be proud.

I used Glossy Accents on a layout and ... Ta Da! I put my Big Shot on the top of a low lateral file cabinet in here where I can get to it easily and not forgot about it like I did when it was living in the cabinet part of the credenza.

And... I used it yesterday with a Cheery Lynn die. I love the Cheery Lynns and I have a metal mat which really helps the intricate dies go through. I will probably use the metal mat for everything - just cuts so clean. I need to get another one.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Hi, y'all! Hope Sheryl's electric came back on!! We lost our internet about 11pm last night, and Hubs thought it was the end of the world to not be able to use his iPad, LOL! Still had our phones, so we were fine!

Roads were just fine this morning, dangit, LOL! We got word yesterday to report at 10am today, and I came in about 15 mins later than usual, and everyone was already here! So much for our snow day ... At least I have off on Friday. The Hubs *should be* getting his staples out then. Trouble is, he's still leaky, so he's worried they won't do it. He's hoping they'll just Dermabond the place it's coming out (where the drain was). Should be a good day ... I'll get to make a stop at J's and the LSS in Norman (gotta see those Civil War papers in person!!! LOL) and have a nice lunch out together. It's been awhile since we've been able to do that.

Looking forward to scrapbook time Thursday night, Friday night, some on Saturday and possibly Saturday night too. Maybe I can get caught back up ... but probably not, LOL! I'm finally almost through my Christmas layouts, and y'all all know what an eventful 2013 it's been already for me already!! LOTS to do for the new year! I've never been this far behind before, but I'm trying not to stress about it, and instead take one layout at a time!

Have a good day, everyone! Enjoy it!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Glad Sheryl got electricity back on and glad Josh sounds like he is doing better every day.

I still have myh Chrsitams layouts on the table and a ton of stuff before I get to them. Wish I was up to that point!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Awwwww Tanya- I'm DYIN to get to Js. Seriously, it's driving me crazy. I want this new BG product so bad.

Hey Darla! Cant wait to see you tomorrow at Paper Crown!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 08:48 AM

Good morning everyone!

Has anyone heard from Sheryl? I don't think she's posted since last night. I hope everything's alright and there were no emergencies (toaster strudel or otherwise).

You know as much as I say I don't like snow, I could totally get over that if it meant snow days. Usually here it doesn't stick long enough to shut down, and we are expected to work from home on snow days anyway. Still, working from home is better than working from the office.

Yesterday I almost lost it. I left my zen at home and everyone was making so much noise! Everyone likes to congregate to socialize right outside my cube. Just because you can't SEE me, doesn't mean I can't hear your very private conversation.

Our big printer has been broken for weeks. It sits right by my cube. Well yesterday someone stood there for - I'm not even kidding! - 20 minutes pressing buttons trying to get it to work. It beeps 3 times every time you press a button. It was more annoying than any alarm clock. Who in the world stands there for 20 minutes pressing buttons?? And yes, there is a sign on it that says it is out of order and waiting on parts. I finally walked over there and asked him what he was doing. Trying to scan. I pointed to the sign and said "it doesn't work. Stop pressing buttons." He just stood there like he still couldn't understand what I was saying. He wouldn't leave either... just kept standing there. Like I was supposed to do something. Obviously I'm keeping the top secret printer parts hidden from everybody so that I'm the only one who can use it...Muahahahahahaha

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

What an annoying person Jarvae.

I got an email from the company that had the Oceania paper I love so much. They got more in. I bought pieces so I will have to think before I buy more. Did but some other cute things from them!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Ms Tanya, I just had to laugh, I haven't scrapped stuff from 3 or 4 years ago, my pile finally fell over so I moved it into a container, not it is about to overflow. I've been having so much fun working with mixed media and making cards, I haven't really scrapped much in probably over a year. So don't stress if you're a month or two behind, lol!
Korybean, I am so ready for tomorrow night at PC! This seems like it has been longer than a month since we were there last. Time has really been dragging. I can't wait to see you, too, it has been too long since I haven't seen you at MHF either. I'm not totally happy with the pages I did in your book, I hope you like them
I sure hope Ms Sheryl got her electricity back! I haven't seen any posts from her so hope she's okay. if she was without heat all night, that may have really triggered her pain, she may not be able to walk today.
Hi to everybody else!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 09:23 AM

Ok now I'm really worried about Sheryl. One of my good friends lost his uncle yesterday in Woodward, OK because the snow caved his roof in. So sad I know you guys said you didn't get much in the way of snow where you are but I think Sheryl lives somewhere outside of OKC right?

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Vae

Henri... I have that thin metal sheet, too. It does make the Cheery Lynn and Memory Box dies come out crisp. Another " must have item" for me that I also use in the Cuttlebug is called the No More Shims pad. It comes from Scor-Pal. I passed along my tan mats, etc. that I used for embossing. This one is exactly as the name implies. I cut out a dozen "swing cards" with the Bug and a die this morning and also some center step cards using a new die. Now ready to turn those plain cards into something good. Tree limbs so heavy with snow they are breaking and others bent all the way to the ground. I can see neighbor guy's truck has a huge branch smashed on top of it. Farmers need the moisture after summers of drought so they are happy. 80 thousand in our area without power but we are fortunate to have ours.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Maybe Sheryl will check in soon. I'm concerned too.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

Oh no, I saw that story on the news about the roof caving in. So sad!!! The northern outskirts of OKC got it pretty bad. Our offices in El Reno and Clinton got hammered, and they are less than an hour from us. I described it last night like a tornado - one house is fine, the one next to it is demolished. Crazy, crazy Mother Nature!!! I'm awful worried about Sheryl, too. Hope everything is A-OK!!!! Today is dragging for me ...

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to tanyaham

We survived! Thanks for caring. Power came on in the night. I got hot with all the blankets on, woke up to hear heater running. Just got Internet back up. Parts of town still have no power. No where in this town to eat this morning cause the restaurants are on the end with no power. Needless to say my toaster strudel wasn't cutting it. Was getting way cranky. Hadn't taken any meds because hadn't eaten in 24 hours, so was in pain and cranky. Not pretty! Stuff's out at work. Nothing working right. Stressed, hungry, pain, cranky. I did just heat something in microwave for lunch, so I'll live now. I haven't been to the market because we are leaving this weekend. So no food in house! but I'm having a WONDERFUL day, how bout you?!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to SherylEb

So glad you're okay, Sheryl! We barely got a dusting of snow up here.

Oh, my word, Jarvae. 20 minutes pressing buttons when there's a sign?????? Would have drove me over the edge!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Sometimes it's the little things that make me smile. I follow SB.com on Pinterest, and two times this week, they have pinned 2 of my items. The other day, they pinned my mini album cover & today, they pinned a layout I did for a challenge. There are just weeks when you need an extra boost, and this was one of them.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Ms Sheryl! So glad you're okay! Was awful worried about you, I woke up about 2:00 this morning thinking I am a cr@ppy friend that I didn't offer for you to come to my house last night, my power never did go out. Not that you probably would have wanted to be out driving in that wind, but just in case anything else comes up, know the offer is always open!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 11:19 AM

Sheryl I'm glad you're alright. I was a bit concerned there. Glad you had some heat last night and finally got some lunch today.

Speaking of lunch... I need to eat mine. I went to Ms and Js during my lunch (didn't get anything). I usually run errands during lunch and then eat at my desk later.

I haven't gotten a ton done today. My main accomplishment was hacking into the admin menu on that printer and turning off the sound. Yay!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 11:20 AM
In response to Vae

Judy I didn't know you could see that on Pinterest. I do like it when I look in my gallery and see that people have pinned some of my stuff, but I never see it there myself. That's so cool!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Hmmm...I'll probably forget what everyone has said, but...
Sheryl, especially happy that you're OK and even had some heat during the night. Hope you get some good food in you and get back on your med schedule.

Judy (not me), Yea on seeing your work on Pinterest. I'll be honest...I haven't jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon. I just don't get it, although I went to see something that was mentioned on one of these threads and something bright and shiny caught my eye...can't remember now what it was, but it looked like a good idea at the time...I wonder what it was? I really don't want to start in on Pinterest since I spend more than enough time here. I don't need any more bright and shiny diversions :>)

Also, Judy (not me), how is your car doing? Last I heard it was towed. Hopefully you're not having to spend scrappy money to get it fixed. Hubby is down at the service center now since our van developed an irritating squeal over the weekend. They just told him it's the idler pulley and they have one in stock, so they'll get it changed and he'll be home to begin his HoneyDo List :>) The car is under warranty, so that's good.

Jarvae, good going on hacking into the printer. When I used to be secretary at the kids' school, people would come in to use the copier. No matter how busy I was, they expected me to explain it all to them. I'd tell them to just leave it and I'd do it AS SOON AS I WASN'T BUSY, but they'd usually say, "Oh, no...I don't want to inconvenience you...if you'll just show me everything there is to know about this machine I can do it myself."

Kory...what's up with you? Or did I miss your post? I'm assuming you're like Tanya, Darla, Sheryl and all the other OK people who didn't get a snow day.

Tanya, yea for getting to go out for lunch and getting a bit back to normalcy. Hopefully the staples can be taken out.

I've got non-scrappy things that I need to do, so guess I should get busy on them so I can get back to doing what I really want to do. And maybe I'll order me some of the metal thingys (thingies ?) and plates and dies and everything else that people mentioned. Except I don't need a Fuse...I have more machines than I know what to do with now, but hope you get a chance to play with yours some, Henri.

Manda—Hope your headache is gone for a long while. I used to get migraines..the lightening flashes in the eyes and throwing-up kind that would last for several days, then the doctor took me off birth control pills. I've only had a couple migraines since then...but have an almost-37 year old baby to show for it :>)

Have a good day, everyone (I know I've left people out...bunny, gin1, squirrel, pink, anne and all the rest of you across the Pond or up in Canadia :>) )...it's probably almost time for most of you to head home and maybe have some scrappy fun~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 11:57 AM

Henry, what is this metal mat you are talking about? Wow that's pretty cool of them to email you and let you know that they got more paper in. I'm so glad that worked out

Tanya, I hope everything goes great on Friday. Sounds like a great scrapping weekend! I was laughing when you talked about how behind you are. I've whined about that a few times and everyone always tells me not to stress about it. But it is stressful! I'm about 20 years behind. I keep telling Rob that I want to quit my job so that I can get caught up on scrapbooking. I think if I scrapped every day for a year I would still not even be close to caught up. I need to get faster.

Pink, so this no more shims mat... did you have to order it online? I just got a pack of the tan embossing mats at Js this weekend. They were only about $4 but I wonder if I should get this other mat instead?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Sheryl glad to hear all is well!

just checking in after our tea and watching our railway show. I want to create though so will maybe forgo Time Team for scrapping.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Judy D., thanks for asking. We got our car back from the shop yesterday. An oxygen sensor and the thermostat had went out. $279 later and it is fixed. Yeah, that's a little bit of scrappy money.

Jarvae, I follow SB.com, and every day, Kelsey chooses some that she likes & pins them on their boards. It's not that mine was so awesome, it just happened to catch her eye. Didn't want you all to think I think I'm such an awesome scrapper, LOL!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 12:02 PM
In response to Vae

Judy Driver, I don't think I use pinterest the way everyone else does. I don't usually look at what other people pin. I use it more as my own bookmark site for whenever I see things elsewhere that I want to remember. So I spend most of my time on my own pins and anytime I'm working on something... let's say I am working on a layout and I'm searching for ideas... if I find an idea that I like but not for this particular layout, I'll just pin it and that way I have it for later and don't get distracted by it.

Non-scrappy things... not so much fun. I think we should all go home right now and just do scrappy things. I'm stuck here for another 4 hours This week feels so long already and it's only Tuesday.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

I started following other people that have similar interests as I do, and then when they pin something I like, I'll pin it to my boards. But yeah, I do have tons of pins on my own. I've got more recipes pinned than I'll ever make!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Jarvae - you asked about the metal plate and I am going to send you a pm. It from the Cheery Lynn website which are my favorite dies but they are very intricate and detailed. The metal die is added to the normal sandwich on the other side of the paper to be cut so when the die goes through the cardstock or paper it has the metal plate which causes a much cleaner cut than the plastic plates.

When you look at the site there are some comments underneath them. I would recommend scrolling down to read them.

Great for nesties becuase its so much easier to get them out. Cheery Lynn are the most difficult dies to get out becuase there are so many tiny pieces but this actually mades the Big Shot cut through it completely.

I need to order another to have a spare. I used mine incorrectly the first time and bent it but it still works just fine.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Hey all!

We are still without power, but Kel got the generator up and running, so we have saved the food in the fridge and we have internet and heat. Thank goodness for big generators!

So sad to hear about the gentleman in Woodward. This has caused quite a mess for sure.

I had yet another migraine today, three days in a row is no fun.

I will check out that blood type diet, sounds like an easy way to start feeling better.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

The blood type diet for me is something I really have trouble with - I hate almonds, love red meat and chicken and dairy

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Since I don't watch the news, I had no idea it got bad anywhere in OK! I can't believe that about the roof- so terrible. Last night, as I was getting into bed to go to sleep, the wind was really picking up and it sounded CRAZY outside. So imagine my surprise when I wake up and look out the window to see NOTHING.

My scrap budget it at 0.00- until my paycheck from CRIMES shows up- and who knows when that'll be, mostly because I think there's an issue with the box office closing out the show and getting the money to the company manager- but anyways, I've been getting hives, wanting to go to JoAnn to check out the new product that Mia ever so-evilly PM'd me about... But guess what? My future-fiancee just gave me some money to go on a little shopping spree. Ohhh I love being beautiful.

hahahaha- speaking of beautiful- Darla, I can't tell you how I've run into the ground the joke you said to me that time- "It's too bad we weren't born rich instead of so @$!*%&!@ good lookin'." Thank you for that. haha

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

LOL Tammy. Yes it isn't exactly easy to give up stuff you love, but often the reason we love the bad stuff is because our bodies are producing feel-good hormones BECAUSE the food is bad for us.

Manda and Darla (and anyone else who's interested!) have a look at www.dadamo.com. As Henri said, the book is Eat Right 4 Your Type, but the website explains it all and is free. Look for the Typebase Food Values to find out whether you should be eating each food. There is also a Recipe database but the search function was up the spout last time I looked.

What are your blood types Darla and Manda? The positive and negative are not relevant in this, only the O, A, B, AB part.

Glad you're OK Sheryl! I can't believe you had no food for 24 hours - surely you have SOME food that can be eaten without cooking?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Awww, my Korybear, you are quite welcome! Sometimes it is quite difficult being this good looking, I would trade it for the money some days, LOL!!
Rosey, I need to go back and look at my surgery paperwork, I think I'm Type O but not 100% certain. I need to check that out, it might help my headaches and lack of energy as well.
Ms Sheryl, being diabetic, I always keep things like nuts, granola bars, crackers, etc. in the cabinet so if push comes to shove, i can grab a quick bite without having to wait for it to cook. Didn't you have anything you could have noshed on just so you could take your pills? Poor thing, I'm sorry your pain got so bad!
Manda, sorry for your migraines! That is so miserable, I hope you feel better soon.
Hi, Tammy, Anne, Ms Tanya, Judy and Judy, Pink, H.J., Gin and Jarvae! Hope I didn't miss anyone! Speaking of Gin, where has she been hiding today? I don't recall seeing a post from her yet today, or did I miss it? Oh, my, I may be losing my mind yet, lol!
Ok, I've killed enough time waiting for quitting time, need to make the hike to the loo before I start my long drive home. Catch up with y'all after I get home and have given the boy his fair share of attention......

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Finally getting to say, "Hi All!" and wave! *waving!*

So glad everybody made it through the weather. I feel so guilty~ I've got wind (bit too much for a kite, not enough for damage), gorgeous clouds zipping by and 40 degrees. Nothing like everybody further east!

I've not heard of eating for your blood...sort of thought you were all headed towards a how to keep vampires healthy discussion, but now I'll have to look it up too. LOL

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to gin1902

I will check it out! I am type O.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Manda_K

Darla, thanks for the invite, but I couldn't get out of the garage with no power so couldn't have come. With my back there's no way I could unhook the door and lift it. Believe it or not, I don't keep much snacky food around because we would eat it. No chips cause took them to work with a dish last week, no bread, we were out and no use getting some when we won't be here. No milk, ditto. I don't keep chocolate or anything around here. It's ok, but I don't just like to eat chocolate or candy bars. Now hard sour candy, I'm your girl, but didn't even have that. Hubs is diabetic, but he'd eat all the sweets if we had any. I did have Dr Pepper so I was good, I would have had to brave the storm on foot to get some if we didn't.

Right after I got back to work at lunch, the power went off again. The city manager was with us when it happened, so at least understand. They hooked the town up to generators last night. Can you imagine running a town off generators!?! He said it took 3000 gal diesel last nite alone. They were trying to switch back to regular power today, which is why it went down again. There are still a lot of people without power and lots of snow in some areas. I'd say we had probably 4-6 inches, with a good 2-3 of sleet, ice under that.

My hubs went to get FIL on a generator. He has been out about 32 hours. Got to get the food hooked up and I'm sure he will get his fireplace filled up and going. He may bring him home with him. I saw him this morning and told him to go to our house and hang out because we had power at the time, but he wouldn't do it.

So sad about the person in Woodward. I saw that on phone this morning.

Manda, hang in there I hope you get power soon!

This storm has so thrown my schedule off for getting ready for trip. I have work thing tomorrow evening, so that makes 3 evenings of getting ready gone. I may just take off Friday. The towns water supply is rural and still on generators, so don't want to use any more of anything than we have to till they get power again.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:

...I've not heard of eating for your blood...sort of thought you were all headed towards a how to keep vampires healthy discussion, but now I'll have to look it up too. LOL

I did too! I was thinking I don't care how healthy it is, I'm not drinking blood!! LOL

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

LOL-I didn't think everybody would be drinking blood, I thought everybody was going to take the vampires' health into consideration whilst eating their own dinners! Like vamps shouldn't be just happy with whatever kind of blood they happen upon... It's not my responsibility to keep blood sucking creatures of the night hearty and robust~they can chew on someone else if my B negative isn't up to par.

32 hours without power!!! That's a looooonnnnngggg time.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Korybean!?! I adore your blog post today! But it also ticked me off! Why was I not invited when you made the visit to Harbor Freight??? I feel so betrayed! Between HF and several visits to Basket Market without me, I am now absolutely positive that you have several things in your stash that rightfully belong to me! LOL! Just wait until I see you tomorrow evening, you're in so much trouble, mister!
Oh! Speaking of mister, has anyone seen Mr Mister? Seems like months and months since I've seen him around. Hope he's okay.......

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I wonder about Mr Mister too - sometimes he on quite a bit and then he just disappears for a while. Well, its been a while so he should be popping back in.

Pink - are you still out there. Haven't heard from you in a couple days unless I missed it.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Okay, I just went ape$#!+ at JoAnn. Wow. I need a nap, now.

And Darla! My trip to Harbor Freigh for the spinner rack was quite a long time ago- probably in August. I just hadnt posted pics of it until recently! But ygotta get one! Even Tanya has one! That's pretty much how I ended up with mines- lol.

Excited for Paper Crown tomorrow night! I hope she has more cool new stuff in... No! No! No more stuff til I make at least five things! LoL.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

What did you get at JoAnn's?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

The new 'hello' collection and the new 'hey boy' collection from BasicGrey. Notice how I said 'the collection' and not 'things from the collections....? CUZ I GOT ALL OF IT

OH I just know Im gonna be on HOARDERS.

But dangit- 50 percent off everything! How could anyone not just take one of everything?!

Also got the new and really cool tape on a tape dispenser shaped like a whale with a mustache from SMASH!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Oh, now I see how it was, you waited til I was going under the knife in August then you snuck off to Harbor Freight behind my back?!? LOL! And...you go to Js without me tonight? Oh, you are in way worse than trouble now. Wait, what's worse than trouble? Whatever it is, that's what you're in! Lol!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Okay, Kory. I went to your blog, and I am in love with that workbench/pegboard thing from Harbor Freight. That would be absolutely perfect in my room. Thanks for the idea!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Can you guys believe this thread has been going a year? Kory's first post was on 3/2, so Saturday will be a year.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's been a year! Wonder how many topics we've covered in the past year? Okay, who among us has too much time on your hands and will go back and count for us? LOL!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 07:49 PM

I love that bench too. Man... if there's anything I'm ever #@$%&ing about it's that I never have enough light. I don't even get around to complaining about the lack of outlets because I never have enough light to do anything anyway. That thing is Stellar!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

And even as bad as my memory is, I do remember the lovely Ms Tanya talking about her spinner thingie, and I also remember saying I wanted one, so the one you got, Korybean, is rightfully mine! LOL!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I like your organizational skills, Kory. Something I like that can be found at HomeDepot...and probably Harbor Freight...are the tabletop cabinets with all the little drawers. The drawers have slots so you can put dividers in and become as OC as you want to be. They can also be hung on the wall.
Organizing Cabinet By Mrsdriver5

Right now I have two of them back-to-back on a lazy susan base in my sewing closet. Mine are a bit taller than these, but same idea. The drawers are filled with buttons and all kinds of little sewing thingys, but when Hubby builds my new crafting table, I'll have a big, deep corner that I want my cabinets moved to.

I figure it will be handy to have all my little brads/buttons/eyelets, etc. in drawers all nice and neat and easy to reach. When I'm having a brain nap, I can while away my time by seeing how fast I can make the lazy susan spin...and see if I can spin it fast enough to make all the drawers (and their contents) go flying all over the room

Now, if I could just get hubby working on it 24/7 ~Judy

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Darla love it is how Kory dealt with his the extreme agony of waiting for you to be all right - he had to spend money and the spinner thing occupied him from thinking bad thoughts...

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Tammy, I'm sure you're right!

OK you O types, here are the basic lists to save you wading through the fine print. The upper case is me pointing out the things that are particularly bad. I have left out a few things that are not common otherwise I'd be typing yet.

Beneficial
beef, lamb, venison, cod, rainbow trout, red snapper, sole, artichoke, broccoli, ginger, kale, kohlrabi, lettuce, okra, onion, parsnip, pepper (capsicum), seaweed, spinach, sweet potato, turnip, olive oil, flaxseed (linseed) oil, walnuts, parsley, turmeric, curry powder, banana, blueberry, cherry, fig, guava, mango, pineapple, plum, prune, adzuki beans, black eyes peas, green tea, soda water, seltzer water

Avoid
kidney beans, lentils, navy beans, pinto beans, BEER, COFFEE, all SODA, all LIQUOR, TEA (black, decaf, regular), WHITE WINE, corn starch, fructose, guar gum, ketchup, MSG, prepared mustard (unless wheat and vinegar-free), anything pickled, vinegar, all cheese (except Farmer, feta, goat and mozzarella), abalone, barracuda, catfish, octopus, pollack, squid, avocado, blackberry, coconut, kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew, ORANGE, tangerine, barley, CORN, WHEAT, mace, nutmeg, ground pepper, PORK/HAM/BACON, brazil nuts, cashews, beechnuts, chestnut, lychee, peanuts, pistachios, poppy seeds, coconut oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil, evening primrose oil, peanut oil, safflower oil, soy oil, sunflower oil, wheat germ oil, aspartame, HFCS, sucanat, maltodextrin, dextrose, cauliflower, CORN, cucumber, leek, shiitake and domestic mushrooms, black olives, POTATO, rhubarb.

Everything else (pretty much) counts as neutral so you can have it as long as you don't overdose on it. Try to have several beneficials at each meal. If you're feeling under the weather, up the beneficials and down the neutrals and you'll feel better quicker.

DH and I didn't do it to lose weight, but we both did. He (an A) lost about 2lbs a week all summer. I (an O) lost about 10lbs (I think? I can't remember now) in the first month, no more, and it stayed off. Well, until I lapsed!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

I started the Herbalife diet last week and yesterday got a shock of a result...lost 6lbs in wieght am carrying on with that for now. I think I've tried every diet going except the blood diet but not to worry thats for the next time xx
Have a good day all

Anne x

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all, and happy Wednesday! We're halfway to the weekend! And this evening I get to see my Korybean! Even if he is in big trouble, I'm excited to see him again.
Lady Tammy, you're such a doll, always looking for the silver lining. I didn't think of it that way, I suppose I can be persuaded to forgive him, lol. Hope you're doing well!
Rosey, thank you so much for the list! BUT, I'm not a happy camper to see that I should be particularly avoiding my beloved Diet Coke Year before last I was doing the Ideal Protein diet, and doing very well with a 48 pound loss in about 6 months. While I was doing that, I had to give up all soda, and most carbs, and while I started it to lose weight, I was happily surprised by how much better I felt after the first month or so. The foods I was allowed is pretty close to the list for the blood type diet, so this makes perfect sense to me. I am definitely going to try it, perhaps I'll lose more weight, but the main thing is I want to feel better. I pretty much stopped following Ideal Protein last summer when I was down for so long before my surgery and then during recuperation, and while I don't have the crashing head pain I had with the tumor, I have the nagging little ache behind my eyes, continuous mild nausea and my energy level is at an all time low. So this can only help, right?
How's everyone else this beautiful morning? Ms Sheryl and Manda, I hope y'all are feeling better. Ms Tanya - hope Josh is doing well and you are feeling better and getting life back to normal, Gin, Judy x2, Jarvae, Anne, Pink, KK, H.J., oh my, who am I forgetting? Well, everybody have an awesome day!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Hey everyone!!!

I'm kind of cranky today, need to get myself in order. I hate having a boring day at work, and that's exactly what it's going to be. I have so much else I could be doing-running errands, cleaning, laundry, even scrapbooking-but I'm stuck here being a "warm body" ... then again, I get paid pretty well to not have anything to do, so I can't complain too much. The time just goes by so much faster when I'm busy. I also didn't sleep very well last night, so that's added to my crankiness. Really need to snap out of it. Maybe a lunchtime jaunt to M's is in order. Or, wonder if I could make it to Paper Crown and back in time?!?! Possibly worth trying that ....

On another note, I LOVE my spinny Harbor Freight thing. My only gripe is that where I wanted it, I only had room for 3 tiers, so the last one is just used as a tray on another shelf. I wish I had room for it on my desk, so I could use all 4. I left mine black too, since it matched my room. I feel another scraproom makeover coming. I'm getting too many things on my shelves, and some are just taking up precious real estate, LOL Sometimes organizing is just as fun as creating, but that might be my OCD talking, LOL!!

Y'all have a good day, and if you have some jokes or funny stories, I'm in desperate need for some laughs today!!! Please, and thank you!!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to tanyaham

DH called me earlier. He's getting stressed that he's away to do a specific job, he's working 10 hour days plus the commute, and people still keep asking him "while you're there, can you just...?" I told him "No" is a complete sentence and he needs to stand up for himself.
Then I said "while you're there, can you get me some green tea?" I'm so glad he laughed! Poor man. He's just too darned nice.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics