Page 7 of 101 
Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

Security?!? Now I'm wondering what the he$$ kind of impression I made on you when we met, LOL!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

hahahhaha I didn't mean it that way, I just thought you'd be good in a barfight!

and I don't know the names of any of the interstates!!! I know how to get everywhere, I just don't know the names of the roads I take to get there, lol.

k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm that way with most routes, which makes it really hard when I move someplace new and someone gives me directions starting with "go like you're going to ....", LOL! But once I start learning my way around, look out world!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I've lived Northwest of OKC my whole life (50 yrs) and have only been to Basket Market once just to see what it was. I'm like 45 minutes from OKC, but I go there all the time. I'm not good at "digging". I thought BM was scary, but that was probably over 20 years ago. I have learned from you that it was owned by HL. I go to Paper Arts a lot and Paper Crown and My Hearts Fancy once and a while. I like Whole Lotta Scrap in Norman, but it is a drive. But I do like Leslie, the owner, so I do go. I've been home on med leave for last 3 weeks so thinking about a scrappy road trip before I go back to the grind. Have you been to Scrapbook Alley in Harrah?

Since I'm home and living on the iPad, I have enjoyed getting to know you all. You totally crack me up.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I would be honored to be the travel director. However, I may hijack the bus and take everyone to Australia or Italy or Greece. Is that okay?

As long as we have this imaginary bus, it can fly and float.

Ohio Mom - she crawling early! Roan is grabbing everything near her, giggles constantly and sits up but my son hasn't mentioned crawling so she probably isn't yet. She doesn't like baby food and is loving table food but they have to mash it down pretty well. And she likes drinking from their glasses or out of a straw.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Welcome to the loonie bin, Sheryl! I live about 30-45 minutes north of OKC, but I work in the city so I can get all my scrappy shopping done after work before I make the trek home.
Maybe you should put your name on the list for the party bus, I don't know exactly where you live but I'm sure they'll be passing you on their way here, LOL!
And P.S. we crack ourselves up too!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I have driven BY Basket Market...but I never needed baskets.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I'll be the designated driver cause I don't drink. Trust me, i'm bad enough sober. But then I do directions like Kory so maybe I better not drive. I do get lost a lot these days, I blame it on hormones, but then I find lots of cool places to shop by not being where I thought I was. As long as I can hit "home" on the GPS I'm happy.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl, where in OK are you? I am by Enid.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Manda_K

You probably drive right through. Kingfisher.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

I'm in the boonies between Guthrie and Edmond, not too far from your neck o' the woods

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

My son lives in Edmond. Goes to UCO. Another good reason to go to Paper Arts more.
I go to physical therapy in Edmond weekly.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

You don't want me to drive. Just trust me on that one.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Henri Jean

I would drive, I'm good at finding my way around and driving across the country, but I'm already here, LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

A friend of mine is hosting a weekend crop the last weekend of this month, if y'all plan it right you can have the bus bring you to OKC for shopping then take you on to the weekend crop. What a blast that would be!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Oh yeah, I have driven through Kingfisher PLENTY of times.

Don't swing through Guthrie as much, but I do like it there, Kingfisher too, I love all those big old houses!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Eh, it's home for now. I don't go into Guthrie very often, since I work in the city and live between Edmond and Guthrie, everything I ever need is taken care of without having to go all the way into Guthrie. Good thing too, there's very little there except the old homes, which shamefully are not taken care of well.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I would love to fix up one of those old houses.

I have thought about commuting but from here it is a LONG drive.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
I have driven BY Basket Market...but I never needed baskets.

Yep that would be my thought too but I now I know better and if I see one I will be a stopping!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I wish you could come to Basket Market with us on Saturday, Miss Ladybing!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Kory that would be awesome! I am going to the States though (NY state Buffalo, Amherst, NF) with a friend for the weekend shopping and I have a few places I need to check out there. And I can't remember if it is a TM or a BM but there is one near where I will be!!!

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

• chocolateaxel Said:
...And I think I'm probably the only person on the planet that actually likes rainy cloudy days, LOL!

Chocolateaxel, I'm a native Washingtonian and I like rainy cloudy days too. I tell people it's like a fluffy gray blanket pulled over our heads. That get's them every time. : )

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

• Henri Jean Said:
I would be honored to be the travel director. However, I may hijack the bus and take everyone to Australia or Italy or Greece. Is that okay?

Woohoo!! I'm giving up the drivers seat for Henri Jean!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mr Mister

I'm travel director - not driver. I don't do driving. My husband drives me everywhere because after 16 years as a realtor, I driven more than my fair share and now I hate to drive.

I just aim the car and hope it gets there so my husband has taken over all the driving.

In fact I don't even have a valid driver's license for Florida - mine is for another state and I'm not sure its good, but I really don't use it much.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I love to drive, when I take vacation I prefer to drive than fly. When I lived in the Houston area, seemed like I spent more time in the car commuting than actually working, lol. I made the drive from Houston to Tampa, Fl. alone, and also from Bakersfield, Ca. to Houston alone. I'll drive anywhere, anytime. Especially on a lovely cloudy, rainy day! Mr Mister, I'm so glad to finally meet someone else who loves this kind of weather!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Henri Jean, have you heard of Wesley Chapel? It's outside of Tampa. My daughter just moved there Sunday. They've moved from Syracuse NY. They were tired of snow and always vactioned in Florida, so they just moved there.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to SherylEb

I'm fine driving, I'm that kind of guy, but I do stop for bathroom breaks and anything interesting along the way. I grew up with all vacations roadtrips. Six of us in one buick. I hated it then but miss it now. They didn't have scrapbooking then but my brother, mom and I would get dad to stop for any art and craft street fair we ran into. Anyone remember those?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Mr Mister

Driving is such a bore, I would rather be driven.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

I hate driving too far, I'd rather fly.
I live in Newcastle, but work in downtown OKC. I may be crashing the party at BM on Saturday, just to say I got to meet y'all!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Good morning, y'all, happy Wednesday! I've now officially started my countdown to my Saturday shopping trip to Basket Market!
Hope everyone has a great day!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

That would be awesome, Tanya! I love meeting face-to-face with friends I've made here, and as long as you don't get between me and the goodies, the more the merrier, LOL! Just kidding, I share fairly well

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Yayyyy Tanya! You just gotta!

Good morning, everyone. I'm trying to face this long neverending day that is staring me in the eye. Frightened. I just might have to lay down the law in this office. With my foot up some - nevermind.

Deep breath! lol

-kory

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

OK, it's a date ... BUT, we'll have to get a picture all together, this deserves a layout!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I have heard of Wesley Chapel and maybe been through it but never stopped. I'll have to check it out!

We took road trips too when I was a kid - in a Buick with 3 kids in the back seat - but just to visit family. We lived in Miami and family was scattered around Alabama. I knew I had grown up when I was old enough I didn't have to go anymore.

My parents put suitcases on the back floorboard to raise the floor up to a level area with the seat and we sat with our legs straight out in front of us. THey did that so we could curl up and sleep most of the trip.

ONe thing they did that was cool - cars then had a headrest on the front seats. They bought those over the door shoe bags - you know what I mean. Had all those pocket. They bought two sets and cut the the lower shoe pockets off so the hanger wrapped around each of the front seat headrests and went as far down as possible so that each of us kids had a couple rows of pockets for our stuff.

Seems there was room for 3 rows of pockets on each side - behind mom and behind dads seat. Not very many pockets becuase of the cooler and suitcases building up the back floorboard.

Still, that was 3 rows of 4 pockets each. I had a doll in mine, doll clothes, crayons, a rolled up coloring book, and other things to play with in the car. Really, that was a great idea!

Mom sat in the front seat with a belt in her lap. If anyone got noisy or started fighting she just flung it back and whoever got it - got it.

We always started the trip at night so we would mostly drive through the night and us kids would all 3 sleep most of the way. That way there were no more than a few daylight hours to deal with.

Daddy did not stop anywhere. YOu would have to go to the bathroom so badly you were turning colors and he did not want to stop.

BIll and I take road trips constantly. We stop everywhere and see everything. If I mention I want a ladies room, it pulls off at the next exit. We are slow travelers - if there is something to see, we stop and see it!

This is very naughty but I'm going to write it in here anyway, hopefully I won't offend anyone.

Here at home we have a big map of the US and one of the World. When we travel anywhere, if we particularly enjoyed the hotel room (and no, I'm not going to be more specific), that city gets a red pin when we go home. So we plan our trips never to stay in the same city if we already have a pin there.

BIll always asks, "How many pins have we got on this trip so far?"

When we get home from a trip the first thing we do is put our pins in the map.

Not too much longer we will have pins in every state and the world map is getting covered!

Is that too much info? If so, I'll edit it.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

HAHHAAAA!!! WELL.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
I hate driving too far, I'd rather fly.
I live in Newcastle, but work in downtown OKC. I may be crashing the party at BM on Saturday, just to say I got to meet y'all!!

I'm gonna jump in & say that trip sounds like so much fun! I'm gonna make sure I stop on my next trip home.

By the way, Tanya, I was raised at Blanchard.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to flintridgescrapper

How fun, Judy! Our best friends live 'just down the road' in Blanchard!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

The OKC gang is growing! I really am jealous!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Everybody come on down to OKC! But ya better hurry, remember I'm just passing time here, no way of knowing how long I will live here. And no way of knowing where I'll call home next, lol!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I hope Mr Mister shows up today, I have a question he might be able to answer. If anyone else knows, feels free to jump in and tell me:
I have a Cuttlebug but am in love with the TH dies that are long and narrow. Does anyone know if the long narrow TH plates and dies will work in the Cuttlebug?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Me too, Choc. I might be moving back to Australia within the year. The only reason I can think of to NOT go is that there won't be a Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and, oh no, no Basket Market.

My friend says, "But there's the Kaisercraft outlet!"

And I do like the Kaisercraft!

Well, we'll see what happens.

Henri! I have a huge map that I inherited from my travel agent days. It's a Qantas route map, and it's so cool! I'd intended on sticking pins in it, but then loved how it looked so much that I didn't wanna 'ruin' it, lol.

-kory

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Australia?!? How incredibly cool! But please, please, please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee zzzzzzz take me with you!!!!!!! My Mama taught me manners, and I learned if I said please I usually got what I asked for, LOL!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Oh yeah, let me tell you! If you love tornadoes, floods, ice storms, wildfires and earthquakes, get yourself to Oklahoma STAT!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Manda_K

Okay, come with me! You might have to wait a couple years til I can marry you to get you in, lol, but I'm guessin you'll have to marry your husband again to get him in- it'd turn into a marriage train. lol. I lived there for awhile back in 2003-2004, but eventually had to get out, immigration was after me.*

*kidding- I did not violate any immigration laws. but they did eventually say I had to leave, by not extending my visa anymore. I just like to add a little intrigue to the story. hahaha

-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I really like you, KK, but don't know if I like you enough to marry you. My problem with marriage is that you usually have to live with that person, but I guess we really wouldn't have to live together, LOL! I just really like living alone, and since my husband works all over the US, we don't live together full time, so it works out really well But I would have to bring my furbaby, guess I need to check on the rules for bringing a pet into Australia, hehe.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I love Australia! Have visited Exmouth, Freemantle, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney twice. Seems there were more places.

Are you really thinking of moving there Kory?

It's a beautiful country - absolutely beautiful but its beautiful here too!

Manda is right about OKC thought - would love to visit and shop, but they do seem to get a lot of tornados!

The Quantas map would be awesome and I wouldn't meess it up either. The maps we have are the 3' x 4' Rand McNally maps. They are replaceable but the pins are so cool and have such happy memories.

Whenever I think of Quantas I think of John Travolta - guess he is still their spokesperson. He lives about 5 miles from us so we see his Quantas plane going overhead from time to time. Can always tell its his becuase his air field is in back of his house so we see it going over often when he takes off. It still has thte big Quantas kangaroo. I think he is the only private citizen in the country to own a 727. And definitely the only one to keep it in his back yard!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Yes, Henri, it could happen- the chance is there, I just gotta be sure about what I want... I hate decisions.

If only I'd won the stupid lottery, then I could just go back and forth and stay wherever I wanted for as long as I wanted!

Dangit I'm excited about Basket Market Saturday.
-k

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That is a major decision. WOuld it be a permanent move or would you be working through a temp visa again?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm with you on the lottery win, KK, if I won I could have a permanent residence anywhere I wanted then travel to my heart's desire! My hubs is gone for work sometimes months at a time so when he gets to come home he wants to stay home for a bit, therefore we don't travel much together.
I'm excited too, hurry up Saturday!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Henri- this would be a permanent move. I mean, I could always come back to visit my Mom and stuff, but it would be a totally life-changing thing, and a permanent move...

I JUST GOT the cutest Easter gift here at work- so fun that I had to take a picture to show yall- it's sitting on my desk, next to a picture of my son, Nelson (he passed away a little over a year ago....). Note my crayons in the background on the shelf, tho- I swear I DO get work done here, tho!!!

Isn't that a cute gift?! It's a bunny dancing and hanging off the handle of the ceramic basket. I love the rabbit's face- but I don't think you can see it in the picture...

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae

Well, haven't had a wildfire around my area lately, but we had an earthquake, tornado, and a hurricane hit in less than a week. Who would have thought you would get that much extreme weather in Maryland.

Speaking of the lottery, of course the "winner" from MD has to act all ignorant and such. No wonder no one ever wants to come here.

Kory, you should really jump on the chance to go back to Australia if you liked it there before. Who knows if you would be able to do it the next time this opportunity comes up. Life happens.....and sometimes not for the best. That is why you need to jump when you can.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrappyjae

I have to be honest Kory - if I had the opportunity, I'd be on the next plane. I would love to live in Australia but they don't want old people like Bill and me with no marketable skills.

The Easter basket is adorable - how cute! Love the dancing bunny!

Sorry about Nelson.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

If I had that opportunity, I'd jump on it without a second thought! I'd be packed and ready to go before anyone could blink, lol.
I really need this day to be over, I have a screaming headache and just want to go home and lay down! Someone use your magic powers and make my work day end already, please!

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Kory, now that you mentioned the TH texture hammer (a couple of days ago), I have been on a mission to find it. No luck though!
Anyone have an extra one they would want to sell or trade with me?

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to scrappy_day

hahah I had picked up two when I bought mine, but I gave my extra one away in a swap already. Sorry

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to Scrap Princess72010

darn it! Well thanks for answering Scrap Princess!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

There are several on Ebay, one in particular is a set of TH Grungeboard shapes and the texture hammer, I think the Buy It Now price was $7.00

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• Henri Jean Said:
I have to be honest Kory - if I had the opportunity, I'd be on the next plane. I would love to live in Australia but they don't want old people like Bill and me with no marketable skills.

The Easter basket is adorable - how cute! Love the dancing bunny!

Sorry about Nelson.

I have to agree with Henri Jean. If I had the chance to go and live in Australia, I would be there. Australia is beautiful. I have a friend who is finishing up his three year stay and is torn to coming back. His family is here and of course his wife's job, which made him move there in the first place.

I really don't have any family ties here, except for my dh's family and I'm sure my sister would jump at the chance to come and visit me. It wouldn't change. I only see her once a year. My ds could stay here. He will be going to college in a year. My dd may just love the opportunity living in Australia.

I am envious of you Kory. Australia is a beautiful country and the people are so nice. It is very laid back. So jealous.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

• chocolateaxel Said:
There are several on Ebay, one in particular is a set of TH Grungeboard shapes and the texture hammer, I think the Buy It Now price was $7.00

I did see that. But the shipping was like $12. I didn't want to spend $20 on it - but it does come with some grungeboard............I might have to go that route! Thanks!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

By the way, KK, I love your Easter gift, it is really cute!
Doesn't everyone think that due to where he works KK could send us all Easter surprises? LOL! Just kidding!!!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• scrappy_day Said:
  • chocolateaxel Said:

I did see that. But the shipping was like $12. I didn't want to spend $20 on it - but it does come with some grungeboard............I might have to go that route! Thanks!

I could check on my TM and other places around here and see what they've got. I was planning on taking a break from cleaning on Friday morning, so I can run out and check for you. As long as I don't buy for myself, it is ok.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Do you have a Tuesday Morning in your area? That's where I got mine, for 3.99. If I still have the product code (or if anyone else, here, does!) on the price sticker, you can call their 800 number, punch in the code, and it'll tell you what store has it in stock. I LOVE their product locator!

-kory

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

I have two TM in my area but neither one had the texture hammer. That'd be great scrappin mom if you could check!
The code would be great too! Thanks so much everyone! This is why I love this website!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Darla,
You can use the long Tim Holtz dies in your cuttlebug as long as you have the long plates. Long A for the thin ones and two long Bs.
From what i can tell, the new Playday alpha of his won't fit in the cuttlebug, little too wide, so I bought a Big Shot on sale. I have preordered the Alpha. It's not here yet, but I'm prepared.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Thanks, Sheryl! There's several of the TH dies I like but one in particular I really want but needed to know if it would work before I buy, lol.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• designguyKORY Said:
Do you have a Tuesday Morning in your area? That's where I got mine, for 3.99. If I still have the product code (or if anyone else, here, does!) on the price sticker, you can call their 800 number, punch in the code, and it'll tell you what store has it in stock. I LOVE their product locator!

-kory

Kory if you can get me the product number and 800 number I will give them a call and see if they have it here. That would save me some time.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to scrappnmom2il

Tomorrow is my shopping day! I have a list of not so fun items i need to get first and if I can manage it, hopefully some fun stuff too (like washi tape!)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Rushli

Happy Thursday! One day closer to the weekend and Basket Market shopping! Is everybody as tired of this week as I am? I am so hoping that beginning next week things will be less crazy around here, the new guy that is filling my current position starts so once I get him trained my days should be a bit less hectic. That's my dream anyway, lol!
Hope y'all have a great day!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae

Happy Pay Day Thursday to me!! Bummer though, it is already spent, darn those monthly bills!

I did get my Big Shot last night, so I can have lots of fun playing with it over the next couple of days. Yeah for that.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Congratulations on getting your Big Shot! That is so cool. Can't wait to see what you make with it! I would love to be able to emboss.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I am SICK of this week. Ready to give up and go home. Will next week be any better? I doubt it... getting worse every week. Mostly thanks to the evil in this office.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, KK, sorry it's so sucky at your office, but at least I'm not alone in my misery!
So what's happening with the super duper ultra secret project you've been taunting us with? I've been on pins and needles waiting for the big reveal!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Sounds like you are inching a little closer to Austrailia!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae

I think there is a little "evil" in every office. Sorry yours is acting up. Just tell her be good or you are going to fire the "laser".

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Oh, this is a BIG EVIL, Scrappy! Not a little evil!

Ohhh the insanity of it all!

Chocklit- my super secret project is almost done, and I'm horribly not-thrilled with it... it needs something and I don't know what... It's makin me CRAZY!!!

So last night, I ran out to M's, hoping to find this new M's brand washi tape- that I heard about from Mia over in the washi tape stalker thread- it's now been spotted at Ms, three rolls to a pack, Recollections brand- I ran out to Ms at 50th and May. They never stock the shelves. There's a huge empty space where it looks like they're getting a ton of new Spring Doodlebug in- (isnt that the stuff that Madame Tanya goes ape#$*$ over?) and they even had the new giant-sized Smash Books- but not the new Smash Tape, and they don't have the Recollections washi out-

I dont have much hopes for it looking cool, since it is Recollections...but still. Me love tape.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LOL, YES!! I do go ape#$*$ over Doodlebug! And it makes me happy that M's is finally going to carry them!

Not that it will make you feel any better, but my week has been kind of ******** as well. I really wish I could be DONE with this week already!!!

Thanks for the heads-up!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm still looking for tape, period. I've been to the Walmart in Edmond and 2 Targets and haven't found any yet. And I want some BAD! I did find some wicked cool genuine Washi tape on a website yesterday, and it was very reasonably priced. But unless I have no other option, I'm an instant gratification kind of gal, I don't want to have to wait for it to be shipped
Thank goodness, my day is almost over, then only 1 more day in this week from the hot spot. My headache still hasn't gone away, I'm not sure it will until 1:00 tomorrow when my weekend starts, lol!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• scrappyjae Said:
I did get my Big Shot last night, so I can have lots of fun playing with it over the next couple of days. Yeah for that.

Mine arrived on Tuesday!! I just posted about the dies I bought at J's. Too dangerous.

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae
In response to LesleyC

I know, I am trying to talk myself out of another shopping trip to get some more dies.

I haven't seen any of the tape around here. It is MIA.

I think this has been a pretty rough week for everyone. T-minus 16 mins and I am outta work for 4 days. I think a stop at the liquor store on the way home is a given!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I think the Target Washi has been selling very well- I've seen it at every Target that I've been to- here in town. At a few, they were out of the yellow/orange- one was out of all but the green...

Chocklit, the one at 50th and May did have it (I got all of mines there) but that was a week ago- have you checked there? I'm guess you have since it's in our 'bidnesshood.'

Aren't you all jealous that me n Chocklit Dee work within blocks of each other?

hahaha

TODAY has been insane. I've typed so much that I dont think I could quit typing if I wanted to- I'm hammering out this message right now. Sounds like a machine gun in a room full of wait I dont know what I'm talkin about anymore.

I AM HYPED UP!!!!

And yes, Mme. Tanya- I totally thought of you when I saw that Target was preparing an area of DB- it looks like lots, but what I could tell. It's replacing the K&CO/Edamame display that was there (that's all in clearance now, what's left of it- did anybody else get those cool wood grain chipboard letters?!?!)

alright, back to work (see! I DO do actual work at times!)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I am going cross-border shopping tomorrow overnight to Saturday - I found 2 TMs in my general area where I will be! I am looking for girlie things BUT there is a Big Shot Dr Bag on my list and who knows what other goodies I shall find!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Well, I'm home from "SouthSide Michaels" and its neighboring HobLobs- and I almost died. Seriously. Ended up in a ditch on the side of the interstate. The only good part out of that was that I got to change a tire. I love to change tires. I've gotta rest, now. That brush with death just took the shreds of energy and sanity that I had left, after such a horrible day of work... more info on my blog, tomorrow. What a story.

Did get more washi, tho!

-k

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh my gosh Kory - so glad you are okay! Yes you need to rest!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

OmGosh Kory! So glad to here you are ok!

Hope you are still ok in the morning!
Glad you atleast got some tape!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

OMG! So glad you're okay!
And in just 1 short day this hellacious week will finally be over! Then Basket Market, here we come!
Ms Tanya, can't wait to meet you. *whispering: I hope everyone is sufficiently jealous that the cool kids from OKC are meeting up and shopping"
Y'all didn't hear that, did ya? LOL!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Scrap Princess72010

my Target didn't have any yellow

SO GLAD you're ok Kory!!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I can't believe you nearly got hurt today while out shopping for scrappy stuff!

I drove to the Mall of Georgia area where there is a store called Your Scrapbook Superstore. There are three, one in TN and on and FL. I scored 50 sheets of cardstock 40 sheets of printed paper, bling, Prima Flowers and a MS circle cutter - all of their stuff is 50% off. $130 of stuff for $68 including tax. I only wish they had more tools and stuff I want but I did get some excellent paper that will work for motorcycle scraping and two sheets of Coca Cola paper I needed. Coke stuff on line is OUTRAGEOUS it is so overpriced.

So, on the way home, I was almost in an accident getting off the 285 on to 400 which is a nightmare.

Thank goodness you were not hurt Kory. Now I am reminded why I don't drive an hour one way to go to that store more often.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to CrimsonMama

I was ever so excited for my shopping day... I had all the stores lined up in order to hit them the fastest b/c I only had 2 shopping hours (and lugging 1 kid). I got to my second store and remember some store do not open until 10am... Duhhh... So my ordered got messed up, totally missed target and the washi tape (ahhhhhh) TM just got a truck in and it had NO scrap supplies. I forgot my 50% off at m's. My son opened a ink at HL so I had to buy it (a distress ink I had not planned on buying yet, but would have eventually)- and no he did not get any on him. And the only exciting thing was that I found the stamp press I wanted...
Until later that evening when I had DH drop me off at m's again, by myself for some me time, and when he picked me up he had bought me a iPhone 4! now if I can just get the scrap stash to work, I will end my day with a happy scrappy story.

So, is it horrible of me to tell the (almost?) car crash victim that my m's has the new smash stuff it... The notepads and the tape glad you are doing alright!

Nice haul crimsonmama! I love when things are 50% off! Although the side effect of sales is that I tend to think of everything in terms of 40% off, so when I only get 30% off I feel cheated, and 50% is about the only time I feel like I actually got a bargin!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Rushli

OMGoodness Kory! Was that around 4:45ish? I passed right by 3 cars stopped on the shoulder in that area on my way home yesterday! Glad everything is OK!

Darla and Kory, I'll see y'all tomorrow!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae
In response to Rushli

Gee....what is with all the brushes with death yesterday? I think someone up there did not want people to go out and buy scrappy stuff.

I however avoided all types of problems by going home and staying in. And no, I didn't do anything scrap related, I just vegged out.

I am off today to use my M's 50% coupon! Can't wait. Oh, and I need to pick up some wax paper for my spellbinders. After that, I am thinking I want to try and make some type of Easter card for my niece and nephews. I spoil them rotten, can't wait for them to see the basket of goodies I have all stuffed for them. It pisses my brother off, but hey, payback is a .....!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I'm glad you are ok, Kory!

And Darla........ rub it in. But I'm not jealous. I have a ton of scrapbooking stores around me, that I could even walk to if I wanted to. So humph!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Morning, everyone!

No, Tanya, it was a little after 7. I waited until traffic wasn't as bad before I headed South. It was on my way back North when I ran into trouble!

I don't know how I'm gonna make it thru work today. I am SO bored...

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Morning, all, what very little is left of morning. It has been so crazy busy this morning, this is the first chance I've had to sneak online to catch up with my peeps!
KK, if you're bored, just hop on over here and give me a hand, I've got plenty today to keep 3 people busy. We're supposed to be getting off early today (1:00 PM)but it isn't looking good for me
Great job on the shopping hauls, y'all!
Ok, back to work so I can leave at least somewhere close to 1:00.
Y'all have a great weekend, KK & Tanya - see y'all tomorrow!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

It's really getting crazy in here- nothing to do... yesterday was our statement cutoff day, so we're kinda lost, today.

Me n CoWorker Bev are wearing the Easter Bonnets we made last year (and found in a closet earlier today). Nobody bats an eye. lol

I'm gonna make Bev take a picture of me- brb.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Me and my classy Easter Bonnet- hahaha By DesignguyKORY

Happy Easter, everyone! lol

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Very nice, KK

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Love the bonnet Kory. Thanks for putting a smile on my face today. Things are a little hectic around here before the holiday. My dd thinks that since we are celebrating her birthday on Easter she doesn't have to help. Argh!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae
In response to scrappnmom2il

Cool Easter bonnet! I was out of the house before 9 and managed to hit the bank, McD's, my Mom's, home, M's, J's and Wally World all by 1:30. Me is tired. Managed to get 2 new Spellbinders and 3 new Sizzix's, all 50% off or more. Good haul I think.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

So, the box of wine has made it out of the fridge and is on my nightstand. For easier refills. YOU know.

I had to hit up the tire shop for a new tire, after work. Hibdons? No. I go to the Martinez Brothers on 10th and Penn. I'm not proud. Or worried about safety.

I'm in the mood to visit some nightspots, but everybody I know is outta town or about to be outta town. Really?! Since when did Easter become a go home holiday?! I know I was raised by wild heathen hippies, but still?! I've never seen such an Easter weekend. Work was empty by 1pm. Except for me, my boss, and two other coworkers who decided to ride it out by .... doing nothing and making hats.

It's 9pm. Who wants to hit the town and fall in love? No...not with each other. The right way. With strangers.

-kory

Page 7 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics