Username Post: One Item at a Time Challenge (March)        (Topic#1571439)
provinca
Governor
provinca

Have you ever seen the commercial where a couple goes to a builder; they put a Kohler faucet on the desk and say "Design a house around this." Well, that got me thinking about all the "stuff" I have that I bought simply because I liked it (and usually without any reason or need) and it inspired this challenge.

For this challenge, you'll be building your house (your LO,card, etc.) around your faucet (an embellishment, flowers, some ribbon, some paper -- whatever you want).

You can submit as many LOs as you want. Please post the item you'll be building the LO around, and then post the LO you create around it.

There will not be any RAK for this challenge as the idea here is to use what you already have and not end up with more stuff you'll have to use!! This challenge is for inspirational purposes only!!

So, how about it -- let's make a dent in our "stuff" one item at a time.

This challenge will go from March 1 to March 31 -- let's see how much of our stuff we can use in one month!

No signups needed -- just create and post!! I'll put all your accomplishments on this first post so we can all get motivation and inspiration for each other!

Here we go:

Carol (snowdog)
Summer Vacation By SnowDog

Angel Prayer By NMscrapper

Mary
Tomorrow may snow so I'll follow the sun By GMFTS

Buoy by the Sea By GMFTS

Lisa
O Christmas Tree By Dancinirish90

That Lucky Irish Holiday By Dancinirish90

Tracy
Merry and Bright By Tracy F

Krista
tired By ~{Puppet}~

wes By ~{Puppet}~

Bigshaking

Use the Force By Bigbshaking

Cin

prrr By Cin17

Tigger By Cin17

Krystin with Tigger By Cin17

AERO Christmas By Cin17

Christmas Morning Surprises By Cin17

Sports Page with Daniel "Boobie" Gibson By Cin17

Kennywood By Cin17

Girls Night Out By Cin17

Pumpkin Fun By Cin17

Almost Famous By Cin17

Wild & Carefree By Cin17

Sleep like an angel By Cin17

Rock That Camo By Cin17

Silly Cute By Cin17

Look at me & Laugh By Cin17

Anna

Halloween 2002 By Provinca

6 By Provinca

Edited by provinca on 04-01-12 11:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to provinca

I'm in again!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Tracy F

I wanna play again!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to NMscrapper

Welcome back ladies! I finished updating the front page from last month's challenge, and it was pretty impressive -- 20 LOs/projects!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to provinca

Oh geeeeze, do I need THIS one!

Count me. I'm cleaning my scrap room today, and no doubt I'll find LOTS of things that fit here.

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to GentlewoodFarms

What a clever idea!! Thanks for hosting!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-03-12 08:17 PM
In response to imagine.lilacs

I love this idea Anna...wanted to get in last month but didn't. I did a lo today that I will post tomorrow that was based on a pp that I have had since Manchester 2 years ago.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to GMFTS

Hi Mary! Nice to see you! Are you going to Manchester next month? I am -- signed up for 3 classes . . .

Edited by provinca on 03-04-12 05:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jladams
Resident
jladams
In response to provinca

What a great idea. I definitely NEED this challenge! Count me in.

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to jladams

I found this title strip a long time ago and wanted to use it with my dd's trip to France but it just sat there with the pic of Chateau de Chenoceau as I had no ideas what to do. When I saw this challenge - it was perfect to do this layout. Since the vellum is so light on the background I decided to stamp the background with Paris stamps. I wanted the title to stand out more and found some pink bling, then the photo blended in too much so used some shimmery paper trying to match the bling. You can't really see it but I used white flourish clear shapes on the bottom of the title on both ends of the bling trying to cover up the hard line of the vellum strip.

For a layout being so simple, it took a long time trying to figure out what to add - I'm happy that I decided to just stamp the background and not have a bulky layout.
Summer Vacation By SnowDog

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-04-12 11:14 AM
In response to SnowDog

Count me in again!!!!!!!!!!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Cin17

Hi ladies!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-04-12 07:14 PM
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Hi Mary! Nice to see you! Are you going to Manchester next month? I am -- signed up for 3 classes . . .

Hi Anna.Probably just for the day... haven't even looked at classes. Maybe we can get together?

Here's one lo I finished this weekend.
Tomorrow may snow so I'll follow the sun By GMFTS

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to GMFTS

Great pages ladies!

Mary, yes, we'll def. have to meet up at CKC. I'm only going up for the day as well.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-05-12 12:16 PM
In response to provinca

Sounds good!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to GMFTS

I'm in again

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to dancinirish90

Welcome back, Lisa!

bigbshaking
Pro
bigbshaking
In response to provinca

This challenge is GENIUS!!! I saw it last month and this month I would love to be in!
Brandi

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to bigbshaking

Welcome Brandi!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to provinca

jci

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-08-12 06:24 AM

Just checking in. I've not gotten to scrap at all this month! So need to kick it up!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Cin17

Ok - got one done

I was determined to use one of these frames since I've had the package (two actually) for ages, and I haven't used a single one yet.

One Item at a Time Challenge March item 1 By Dancinirish90

And here's my LO:

O Christmas Tree By Dancinirish90

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

Here's mine.
Wasn't able to get a pic of the paper pack cos my batteries died today but I bought this American Craft Christmas paper pack several years ago. Loved it in the store but when I got it home I just couldn't make it work! Also have had the buttons and chipboard stickers for a couple of years.

Merry and Bright By Tracy F

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-09-12 11:56 AM
In response to Tracy F

Just checking in for the weekend. Have a scrappy weekend all! Hoping to get some scrap time this weekend!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Cin17

I was hoping to hit the scrap room, too, but it doesn't look too promising at this point! : (

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to provinca

ACU - it's interesting as to what part everyone has started their layouts from.

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to SnowDog

Here is one I just finished. I've had the background paper for almost 4yrs now! Finally time to use it!

tired By ~{Puppet}~

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to KristaO

jci

provinca
Governor
provinca

Good morning ladies. I soooo want to play today but can't. I have to go to a bridal shower at 11:00, but with the time change, it'll be like going at 10:00 AM. Not looking forward to that much. Then when I come home I have to take DD1 back to college -- she's been home for spring break, so no play timem for me today . . .

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-12-12 05:31 AM
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Good morning ladies. I soooo want to play today but can't. I have to go to a bridal shower at 11:00, but with the time change, it'll be like going at 10:00 AM. Not looking forward to that much. Then when I come home I have to take DD1 back to college -- she's been home for spring break, so no play timem for me today . . .

I know the feeling. Sat, All my bf and I did was run around. Run to get his kids, run to his brother's house, run to his Uncle's house, run to pick up the deer mount that my bf's son shot with a bow last deer season, run back to his brother's house to get fresh eggs that he picked after we left and had just gotten home. OH then to get some dinner and run to Kohls... Whew, but then Sun, we went to the zoo, one of his friends house, back home to clean the inside of the car out, and then to Ravenna to drop off 1 kid and then to Warren to drop off the other 2. Thank goodness I got gas for $3.61! lol

I have to do some page planning this week because I'm set to scrap with a friend and my dds on Sat all day and then scrapp'n the following weekend with some other friends. Time to do some catch up that's for sure!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to Cin17

Wow Cin, that wore me out just reading about your day! I didn't get to scrap this weekend either. I inherited a piece of furniture for my scraproom and spent the weekend rearranging. It's so nice to have more room to scrap!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Tracy F

Yikes Cindy -- that's a lot of driving!!

I'm hoping to play in my space at least one night this week!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to provinca

Everyone is busy, busy! I was out of town this weekend, but I got to scrap on Sunday afternoon and some today. Might try and do some more before bed

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

March One Item at a Time project 1 By NMscrapper

Here's what I plan to use. Our newest greatgrandson Rylen is having a terribly hard time right now, and I want to do a special layout for him. I've had the Timmy Vintage Shabby paper several years along with the H/L fancy paper and lace. The angel wings are fairly new, but have been in my stash for a while.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

ohhhh... this one looks fun... i have to go and look around the scraproom now... do i have to post a pic before hand or can i post pics at the same time. I just am being lazy and not wanting to come up and down from the craft room

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to leokc34

It looks like it can be done either way. I like to post mine before I start. That way I have to get busy and actually do the project, lol!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to leokc34

• leokc34 Said:
ohhhh... this one looks fun... i have to go and look around the scraproom now... do i have to post a pic before hand or can i post pics at the same time. I just am being lazy and not wanting to come up and down from the craft room

LOL -- you can do it either way!! There are no rules here except to use up your stash! Have fun!

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-14-12 07:04 AM
In response to provinca

Morning. Hope everyone is doing good this fine sunny day! Supposed to be 73 today and I'm at work. = ( lol So I'm scrapbooking with a friend all day Sat, and pulled out pics and started making pages in progress. Just pulling out paper and accents I want to use with pics. Putting them together for when I go to scrap elsewhere really helps me focus & it cuts down on what I have to bring. 1 storage box with everything for the layouts put together ready to go. Then I just need letter, tools & pens. Much lighter packing! lol

Hope to get several done Sat. Have a great day.

bigbshaking
Pro
bigbshaking
In response to Cin17

Here are the items I've had forever! Happy to say I used them!!!
SW By Bigbshaking

Here is my LO
Use the force By Bigbshaking

Edited by bigbshaking on 03-15-12 12:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bigbshaking
Pro
bigbshaking

• NMscrapper Said:
March One Item at a Time project 1 By NMscrapper

Here's what I plan to use. Our newest greatgrandson Rylen is having a terribly hard time right now, and I want to do a special layout for him. I've had the Timmy Vintage Shabby paper several years along with the H/L fancy paper and lace. The angel wings are fairly new, but have been in my stash for a while.

I hope your little Rylen is improving! God bless his little heart!
Brandi

provinca
Governor
provinca

Hi ladies. Welcome bigshaking.

Carol, you've picked out some nice stuff for that special LO for your grandson. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-16-12 05:42 AM

• bigbshaking Said:
Here are the items I've had forever! Happy to say I used them!!!
SW By Bigbshaking

Here is my LO
Use the force By Bigbshaking

Brandi, you should put your other lo on here too. You did 2 lo with the same supplies. That just rocks in my eyes. = )

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Cin17

jci

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to leokc34

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Tracy F

Angel Prayer By NMscrapper

Here is how it turned out.

provinca
Governor
provinca

Carol, that came out beautifully! Hugs and prayers to you and your family and special prayers for Rylen!!!

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to provinca

Got another one done. I've had the Tim Holtz grungeboard alphas for a few yeas now. I've used some, but none of the large letters in the pack. So it was time to do something with them.

wes By ~{Puppet}~

TFL!

Sparklegirl
Idol
Sparklegirl

jci!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to Sparklegirl

ACU - what great layouts!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to SnowDog

ACU

I did another one, but I forgot to take a pic before I cut the diecut. I started with the St. Patrick's Day shaped diecut that I bought last year - I never have St. Patty's day pics so I don't know why I bought it. I had to take pics this year so I could do a LO I also finally used one of the bingo cards I've been hoarding.

That Lucky Irish Holiday By Dancinirish90

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

acu

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Tracy F

LOL Lisa -- I love that you took pictures so you could use your stuff!

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-22-12 10:30 AM
In response to provinca

JCI... ACU2H. Great work everyone!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Cin17

Finally ACU. Great work everyone!

provinca
Governor
provinca

Hi ladies. I didn't get any scrapping done this weekend for this I worked on some ATCs for a swap and I worked on a mini for a swap. Next weekend is my online crop, so I'm hoping to bang out a few LOs with some old supplies. I think I'll try to pull my stuff together sometime this week.

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-26-12 05:59 AM
In response to provinca

I have a few pages done, but haven't had time to take any pics or to post them. Hopefully in the next couple of days. I'm taking care of 3 teenagers for Ward's Cousin for a few days. He's been in and out of the ER and hospital 3 times over the weekend. He went back yesterday with his BP 257/122. They can't figure out what it is. It's lower when he's laying down, he'll sit up and it raises, but when he's on his feet it sky rockets, although yesterday the 257/122 was laying down. It's scarry for my bf and I, I know it's freaky for the kids, so I'm trying to keep them together. I have to order pics tonight online, so it'll be at least tomorrow before I can post, if I get pics of them tomorrow at work.

Have a great day everyone.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Cin17

Wow, Cin, those are some scary numbers! I hope everything works out for him.

bigbshaking
Pro
bigbshaking
In response to provinca

Hi everyone! I'm acu on love.

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-27-12 10:21 AM
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Wow, Cin, those are some scary numbers! I hope everything works out for him.

Thanks so much, I know... I think he's going to be released today, however my BF Uncle went in last night and was just diagnosed with COPD. Sheesh. I feel like I've been in the hospital as much as we've been there, and will be. ARGH..

I'm going to grab my lo tonight & put them in the car so I can take pics tomorrow. I've got some done, although if you look on here it doesn't look like it!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Cin17

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Looks like I need to comment on one more layout -- I've been MIA since I had teeth pulled on the bottom left and right when the crowns shattered...Like how people start with different items to begin a layout, it's neat.

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-29-12 10:05 AM
In response to SnowDog

JCI, okay have pics taken of all my lo except the one that still laying on the table as work in progress! I've cropped the photos, now just need to upload them when I get home! Wahoo. It'll look like I actually did something this month. lol ACU.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-29-12 10:17 AM
In response to Cin17

I didn't think to take a pic of the Technique Tues. tile - I was in a rush to get the lo done for the ROund RObin deadline...and then I forgot to post it here too...
The tile has been in my collection for about 3 years - the twine is nearly new..bought it last summer. LOL
Buoy by the Sea By GMFTS

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to GMFTS

acu

KristaO
Queen
KristaO

jci and working on getting acu!

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-30-12 04:37 AM
In response to KristaO

Okay time to post what I've been working on... Thank you for looking:

prrr By Cin17
The ribbon, paper & brads have been in my stash forever. Only the kitty face pp is newer.

Tigger By Cin17
I've had the tigger embellishment and orange pp for years to do my other dd2 Tigger lo... but couldn't find Tigger, so I bought something else for her lo.

Krystin with Tigger By Cin17
Here's dd2 Tigger lo. I bought the Tigger since I couldn't find the embellishment I had. The yarn on this page I've had for 10+ years.

AERO Christmas By Cin17
The tree on this lo I've had since the first year I began scrapp'n... anyone remember "Beary Patch" embellishments?

Christmas Morning Surprises By Cin17
The little trees on this lo I've had since my 2nd year of scrapbooking...

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-30-12 04:49 AM
In response to Cin17

Here are some more...

Sports Page with Daniel "Boobie" Gibson By Cin17
This lo has basketball stuff I'd bought for my dd2 played basketball in 2nd grade... she's now in 6th, so the pp are 4 yrs old. I cut out basketballs from one pp to use as accents on the lo.

Kennywood By Cin17
Another PP from my stash. Also the blue cats eye chalk ink around the edge was from my stash. Not very bright because it's so old.

Girls Night Out By Cin17
The pp I've had for a while in my stash. I've used it on a few lo lately. The ribbon is from Stamp'n Up when I was in Dink's Suds Club (Card making club) a few years ago.

Pumpkin Fun By Cin17
The Fiskars tear drop hand punch, pp and pumpkin embellishments are from when I first started scrapbooking.

Almost Famous By Cin17
This lo is done with a pp that was part of a We R Memory Keepers I bought off sb.com. The first think I ever ordered off of here years ago.

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-30-12 04:55 AM
In response to Cin17

And some more...

Wild & Carefree By Cin17
I found this pp in a kit I bought at Big Lots for $5.00... so cool. All kinds of band & rocker stuff. I've had it for 2-3 years.

Sleep like an angel By Cin17
I might have posted this one... can't remember. This lo is all pp from my stash.

I still have more pics of lo to upload to my page. I'll work on them tonight or tomorrow. Hoping to get some time to scrap yet.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to SnowDog

• SnowDog Said:
Looks like I need to comment on one more layout -- I've been MIA since I had teeth pulled on the bottom left and right when the crowns shattered...Like how people start with different items to begin a layout, it's neat.

Ouch! I hope you're feeling better!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

Wow! Cin, you've certainly been a busy bee!!

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-30-12 11:11 AM
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Wow! Cin, you've certainly been a busy bee!!

Thanks... sorry to post so many at once... Just not much time. I'll get some more posted to the gallery and link them here too. Have a few more yet.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Cin17

I finally got one done! I've had this paper for a long time -- it's just so ugly! However, since the colors were fall themed and went well my daughters' Halloween costumes, I decided to use it. The green embellies have also been in my stash for more years than I can remember!

Halloween 2002 By Provinca

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 03-31-12 03:44 PM
In response to provinca

Okay, time for some more!

Rock That Camo By Cin17
the background paper, stipped paper, cardstock and leaves are all from my stash. Brads too.

Silly Cute By Cin17
All the pp, ribbon, cardstock stickers & dip sticks are all from my stash.

Look at me & Laugh By Cin17
All the pp are from the We R Memory Keepers kit I bought here off of SB.com. Trying to maximize my usage out of it! Doing pretty good so far.

Okay I think this will be it for March. I'm pretty excited! ACU2H. Great month everyone.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Cin17

I know it's April, but I did this one last night:

6 By Provinca

I've had those papers forever. They're from an American Crafts collection. They're very bold and loud. Fortunately, I'll get rid of another two sheets because I'm goind to do a companion page for my other dd's birthay that year.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

In case you're up for another month of using your stuff one item at a time, here's the link:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15732...

Cin17
Cin17 
Diva
Cin17
  • Cin17 on 04-01-12 06:22 PM
In response to provinca

Great job everyone! ACU

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics