Username Post: Scrapfasters        (Topic#1572613)
KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

Years ago we used to have a thread running for "scrapfasters." I've done a search and haven't found anything similar except for a monthly budget challenge. Is anyone interested in joining me on this?

Basically, scrapfasting is when you have decided to go on a full "fast" from spending money on scrapbooking. This is for those of us who have been scrapping for long enough that we have a huge stash that we need/want to use up before allowing ourselves to buy new things. Sort of like an accountability group I think I could possibly scrap with my stash for the rest of my life

Usually there are certain items that people decide they don't want to include (like photo printing and adhesive).

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to KellyLeigh

I think they all died off from the stress of withdrawal! I know it would have that effect on me.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to dwelch

I joined Scrapfasters 2011 in Jan 2011. The thread started strong but then everyone kept falling off the wagon.

I think by April the fasting wagon was empty.

I'd be up for trying to stay focused on shopping my stash. I have enough paper to last me 10-15 years at the rate I've been scrapping lately. I just can't resist the pretty papers though.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

I enjoy shopping for scrap stuff too much and even though I have enough to last a lifetime, there isn't anything else I really spend money on.

I do need to purge a little - that wouldn't hurt.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to pugs223

My friend Tiff and I have a friendly challenge going on with each other not to spend more than $500 (on our word) on crafty stuff this year. GC's and birthday/Mother's Day $$$ etc do not count....

Maybe you could get a small group of ppl to join with you.

If you're really trying to 'stay on the wagon'...un-subscribe from the sale emails from all the companies, to avoid temptation. Dont even get the Hobby Lobby emails with attached coupons.

Good luck!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to ScrappyMama6

I realize this isn't for everyone...I don't think there's anything wrong with choosing to shop for the things you want to shop for. I just have no more space for any more supplies and always regret it when I buy more stuff instead of using what I have.

Anyway, I am starting my fast for anyone else who wants to join me

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

I have a few friends, as well as myself, on here who are doing a fast of sorts. In my siggy line I am not spending until I have made 75 layouts and 30 cards. I don't think I could give up spending for the entire year but making me use my stash is a good incentive. I'll join you!

Btw, I was on the thread last year and I reached my creating goal by May so then I went spending

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to parisdame

Well I guess I am a scrapfaster. I haven't bought scrapbooking supplies since an expo last summer.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
I have a few friends, as well as myself, on here who are doing a fast of sorts. In my siggy line I am not spending until I have made 75 layouts and 30 cards. I don't think I could give up spending for the entire year but making me use my stash is a good incentive. I'll join you!

Btw, I was on the thread last year and I reached my creating goal by May so then I went spending

congrats

I haven't really been spending but I haven't been scrapping nuch either. My schedule was just too busy, but now things are slowing down and I'm getting back into my crafts. Last Friday I ordered a subscription to a magazine and then thought, "Why did I do that?? I have tons of ideas books already that I've not really even used." So, I decided I need to just focus on crafting instead of shopping and officially started my fast the next day.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Kelly do you track your layouts/cards/projects? Now that I do, it spurs me on to get more done and less shopping. I've got so much and now I need to use it up

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to parisdame

I wouldn't mind joining. I have two swaps to buy for, but I don't think I need anything. I am going on a 3 day crop at A's this weekend (talk about temptation), but I have packed enough to get me through with not spending. I'm game for this.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to scrappnmom2il

I will join... except for adhesive if I need it!! I could probably use my stuff for 20 plus years and still not run out... I just went crazy last week and probably spent around $400.00 and today I ordered the pink smash book and all the extra stuff to go with it... I need to be done spending for a very long time!!!

Edited by debby_westbrook on 03-22-12 05:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to debby_westbrook

Sorry but To many new stamps coming out for me to do that....even though I could go for years with nothing but a little adhesive and some card stock.

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to Sneezy1956

Ummm, Nope! LOL

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to VickieW

I'm fasting sorta. Last year my goal was to just cut back. I think I spent around $700. This year (as Teresa said) I am trying to spend less than $500. For me, ths includes ALL crafts as I also sew and make jewelry. I have a HUGE stash of EVERYTHING and need to make space so I'm cutting WAY back. It's in my siggy.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to parisdame

I know that I had been a member of the scrapfasters years of ago. I must admit that in the recent year I have not purchased anything more than adhesive and basic colors like black, white, yellow etc. I have been working with my stash and the backlog of pictures I had already printed.
I hope to continue that trend until I catch up on my pics and then I will be happy to shop as I go.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

No way I am in a fast yet, I still have not collected all the cool stuff I want. Just this AM see I have an email from Scrapbook.com that an item I've had in my wish list for a long time is now available....so I will just HAVE TO place an order. Oh, and it only is $.37 item! So I will have to purchase other things in my which list so the order it worth while.....right? Right?

And I still haven't found an album I want for my motorcycle album. I have something in mind I have not found and I just HAVE TO go shopping for that.

Wow, I can justify faster than a speeding train.

Am I the only one that looks at new items catagory every day to see what new goodies Scrapbook.com has?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

Okay - rearranged my storage areas yesterday and unfortunately, also got a reality check.

My scrap stuff is now organized again and I once again have a clear vision of how much stuff I have.

The only thing I have to go on a complete fast on is patterned paper.

I have 16 containers of themed or misc. completely full and they have about 250-300 sheets each. That is about 4,000-5,000 sheets of patterned paper.

In sorting stuff I had not put away, I came across another stack over 2' tall - which is 1,500 or so, some of it is in paper stacks still in shrink wrap. I just stacked it up and put it away and won't even go through it until I work down some of the bins so I can put them in there.

So no more patterned paper unless it is a specific theme I know I will use - like a holiday or birthday. I don't have a lot of those.

But no more dots, strips and other pretty prints. I have no where to store them.

But Cricut Carts, Slice Carts, chalks, and other items, I'm not at all out of control. I have a lot of cardstock but I use it all the time so it doesn't get overwhelming. In fact I often have to run to the store for exactly what I need and I do tend to stock up on cardstock periodically but its all used so its good.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Henri Jean

Henri - that's an impressive paper stash. I think I'm avoiding moving into my new room because it will be a reality check for me as well. I know I have a lot and could avoid buying for several years, but I just can't resist pretty paper.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to pugs223

Way too often i need to buy some thing scrappy or well, i don't know but i do know it will have an adverse affect if i don't.

sad i know but i'm hooked and there's nothing i can do about it. or want to do anyting about it.

Right ladies.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to cescrapper

Tres, I made a couple of layouts last week but they were my first in many months. I guess I need to re-start my count for some motivation.

I've been practicing with my copic markers a lot this week and came across some online classes and was SO tempted to signup for one but didn't because I really want to stick to this fast... so glad I didn't spend the money b/c I ended up finding some great tutorials on youtube for free.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-23-12 09:05 PM

• KellyLeigh Said:
I realize this isn't for everyone...I don't think there's anything wrong with choosing to shop for the things you want to shop for. I just have no more space for any more supplies and always regret it when I buy more stuff instead of using what I have.

Anyway, I am starting my fast for anyone else who wants to join me

Ok, I'm in. It's a good challenge for me. I' have plenty of stuff and find myself shopping for the fun of shopping. I would like to exclude ink, adhesive and photo printing from my wagon. Is that ok?

Lunie

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Lunie

So far, I'm staying strong... I was tempted to buy a bag to hold all of my Smash Book stuff, Then decided to use a bag I already had. I really want to make this scrapfast work...

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Please forgive me, but I have failed. I am doing a 33 hour crop this weekend (3 days) at A's. My children are part of a Lithuanian folk dance group
where they wear the traditional costume. Also, I have participated in a Lithuanian ethnic dish cookoff and have pictures from making another ethnic dish for our scouting fun fair. I had a few pp's for cooking, but no embellies, nor die cuts that would match, so I broke down yesterday and bought 4 sheets of pp trying to match some of the theme and some embellies for the cooking lo's. I even asked my fellow crop queens (that's what we are called this weekend) if anyone had a Cricut cart or a die cut that would match the theme. Noone did, so I broke down and bought some embellies. I spent a total of $7.32. I am so ashamed. Please forgive me. For I have sinned. It's stuff I needed.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I don't think it counts when it's something you really need!!!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Kelly I was watching youtube on how to make fabric flowers the other night. I "needed" some black flowers and decided to make them instead. It's amazing how much free info is out there. Now I've got a few flowers and I used up some of my stash.

Happy Saturday all!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Debby I love your avi....is that your dog?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to parisdame

No, It's not my dog. I loved the picture too!!!

Expert

Gee...looks like we need a 12 step program....Scrappybuyers Anonymous!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to deedee49

Ausra, my child, you are forgiven.

I'm going shopping today. Must.avoid.craft.stores.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Seaexplore

Oh my word.

All this time I thought "scrapfasters" was a group of people who wanted to scrap really quickly.

Carry on . . .

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to kelseymel

Hi Melissa -wanna join?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

Heck no. My stash is tiny!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to kelseymel

Fine. Whatever. We'll have fun without you!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

We won't think it's so funny when Melissa posts on here about a big sale going on....

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

Lunie, I think we all have our own "rules"

Debbie, WTG

Austra, at least it was something you really needed...now get back on the wagon girl!

Tres, I've never made my own flowers...I will have to try that out. I am really loving you tube lately. It's like free classes right in your own home

Tiffany, you can do it!

Heather, we will see you in a couple of years

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Melissa - I like your definition!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kelseymel

Melissa's idea of "scrapfaster" is the one I need to join. I'm too busy buying stash, reading blogs, scanning galleries, watching you-tubes, to get the scrapping done I need to get accomplished.

I'm a slow scrapper to begin with...trying for perfection with imperfect skills, so all the other "sideshows" keep me from getting everything done I would like to.

Edited by mrsdriver5 on 03-24-12 03:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to mrsdriver5

I went to Babies R Us (right next door to J's) and didn't go to J's. I walked from Buy Buy Baby to Target and had to go past M's each way and didn't go in. i chose to get toys for my kidlet instead.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Ausra, did you use the supplies right away? That always makes me happy when I can do that. And I know many of you will think this is silly, but if I buy a lot of different embellies for somethng I'm working on right then and have unopened pkgs of things that I decided not to use I take them back for a refund.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to NMlady

I do the same thing Joy! Why have $ laying around not being used right?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

Um, I spent $11 on beads today. I am making 2 fan pulls, a pair of earrings (for myself), and repairing a bracelet for my mom.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

I'd like to join in. I've been fasting since last November. For me it's just a matter of to much suff. I was outgrowing my space.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to borntoscrap

I start fasting tomorrow. I fell off the wagon. I am so ashamed.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

A thousand wet noodle lashes Ausra.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

but what if we like that

drunkfromhiskiss
New Kid On the Block
drunkfromhiskiss

After selling all of my scrapbook stuff years ago (I thought I wasn't going to do it anymore), I started scrapbooking again last year..so my stash is very small cause I only bought things I knew I was going to use. The other day I finally bought a Cricut (after years of wanting one), two cartridges, a cutting mat, and a tool kit.. I also went to Michael's because a lot of their papers, stickers, and embellishments are on sale right now... all together I think I spent over $500. Someone please tell me I shouldn't feel guilty.

Melissa

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
but what if we like that

Then keep on shopping!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

Don't feel guilty. You get to start all over and get only what you need and will use.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

So it has been 2 days since my last spending on scrapbooking things. I even went into Michael's yesterday, looked at the scrapbooking stuff and went on my merry way. I needed to pick up art projects for a specil recreation program that I run. I was very good.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I feel like maybe we should be doing the 7step program. Step 1: don't look at any M's or J's ads. Step 2: don't drive by any scrapbooking store.....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I don't think you should feel guilty. You know what you can afford and what your budget will allow. As long as you aren't buying scrapbook supplies instead of paying your mortgage or other bills, you are good.

I think most of us here are responsible about what we buy so as long as it wasn't your grocery money, then you are guilt free! Enjoy!

Scrapbooking stuff is expensive. Especially getting started. You've scrapbooked before so you know what you want and need.

Have fun with your new goodies!

drunkfromhiskiss
New Kid On the Block
drunkfromhiskiss

Thanks I recently moved back in with my parents so right now I have the extra money because all my bills are currently paid off. I figured since I rarely bought myself anything the 2 years I lived on my own, now its okay to do

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to drunkfromhiskiss

I'm still staying strong!!! YEA!!!!

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine

I'd like to join. I followed the old scrapfasters as well. I have plenty of supplies to last me a lifetime and I am determined to use them all... well eventually.... I just started making cards now and I'm happy to use my scraps for them.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to sabine

I could buy what I what, I just want to use up what I have/

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife

I would love to join. I have so much stuff and I need to start using before I buy more. My reality check was yesterday ... I am out of room for more storage! Gasp... I need to stop buying!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Inloveforlife

Hi everyone!

Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing. I've got an insane amount of scraps and so today I am determined to make a bunch of cards to make a dent in my stash. Anyone scrapping today? I'm home with a sick little one so when she's asleep, I'll be creating.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to parisdame

I hope your little one is better fast!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Scrapfasters entry, log #2.... I have not purchased anything for scrapbooking since Sunday. I am strong... I do not need anything. I thought this would be day 3, but it is day 4. I have added things to my wish list here, but have not bought anything. I am strong....

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine

Same here, I am strong, too... My last purchase was yesterday (adhesive and a Martha Stewart leaf punch, before I joined Scrapfasters), but that's it! No more for a while...

Edited by sabine on 03-29-12 10:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to sabine

Hey ladies! Glad to see some new faces

I haven't done any shopping and really haven't been tempted this week at all. I've made a couple of layouts and am hoping to do some more over the weekend.

I have a sick one home today too but I think it's just a cold.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

No spending & I finished up 2 LO's.

Stay strong!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

My students LOVE my clipboards I made for my classroom, there are only 4 and the first ones in usually grab em. I told them I'd help them make their own. I plan to bring my horde of 12x12 that I will NEVER use for them to pick from and my acrylic paint and scraps. I'll bring my sizzix and some dies so they can cut their names out and decoupage them on. Yep, scrap and stash buster and making my kids happy and reclaiming my clipboards. Just have to figure out WHEN to have them make them. Lunch?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I am so tempted to go and buy some of the $.10 paper that they are selling here in the store, but I am withholding. IT's hard. But I am strong. Must stay strong. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I bought some of the $.10 paper today. But all of it will be used in the scrapbook I'm making of DGD's first year or for cards for some upcoming occassions.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to NMlady

Happy Friday all!

Shelly congrats on finishing two layouts and no spending.

Tiffany your class project sounds like so much fun. Bouns for getting to use up your old paper!

Kelly is your sick one still at home today? My dd is still not well so I'm home agin today. I made 6 cards ysterday using my scraps so maybe I can make a few more.

Ausra stay strong!

NMlady I like your siggy - someone needs a Happy Meal! LOL

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife

Oh no hope your little one feels better! I am going to try and make a couple layouts. I am not feeling so well so I might not get anything done.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Scrapfasters log #3.... It's Friday! I have gone and done something idiotic. I went on EBay and bid on a Cricut Cartridge SUmmer Vacation, that I have been eyeing. If I don't win it, I am still on the wagon. If I do, I have fallen off again. Ohhhhhhhhhhh. This fasting is so hard. But I can do it, I think.

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife

I went and purchased paper and a punch and a mask from here... I am already failing at this

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• scrappnmom2il Said:
Scrapfasters entry, log #2.... I have not purchased anything for scrapbooking since Sunday. I am strong... I do not need anything. I thought this would be day 3, but it is day 4. I have added things to my wish list here, but have not bought anything. I am strong....

Sometimes, just putting stuff in an online shopping cart (be it for crafty stuff, clothes, shoes, etc.) or Amazon wish list is good enough for me. I must have 50 things sitting in my online cart at Scrapbuck.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LesleyC

Went to Hobby Lobby today and didn't buy much scrappy stuff. 4 refill blades for my rotary Fiskars cutter, new Cutterbee scissors for fussy cuts - must have left mine at a crop.

Maybe 10 sheets of specialty paper and one of those stacking things with 6 Colorbox chalks. That isn't much.

Got a box from scrapbook.com - my 6 new Lucky 8 punches. Want to clear the scrapbook pages I'm working on so I can play with them. Also need to scan the UPC in the scrappy app.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LesleyC

Went to Hobby Lobby today and didn't buy much scrappy stuff. 4 refill blades for my rotary Fiskars cutter, new Cutterbee scissors for fussy cuts - must have left mine at a crop.

Maybe 10 sheets of specialty paper and one of those stacking things with 6 Colorbox chalks. That isn't much.

Got a box from scrapbook.com - my 6 new Lucky 8 punches. Want to clear the scrapbook pages I'm working on so I can play with them. Also need to scan the UPC in the scrappy app.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

• Inloveforlife Said:
I went and purchased paper and a punch and a mask from here... I am already failing at this

Falling off the wagon isn't failing as long as you dust yourself off & hop back on. You can do it.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I might need some of the Target washi tape. Why? I have no idea. I don't even know what the stuff is used for!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• Henri Jean Said:

Henri Jean, Have fun with your new toys.

latina43
Expert
latina43

I joined scrapfasters2011 in jan of 2011 and i kind off stopped coming on the site in July! I havent scrapbooked much (ok any) since last year. My lss closed down and i bought some cricut cartridges she had for 15 dollars and disney for 20 i spent about 150 in paper and cartridges lol. My lss used to hold crops and i would attend but now since it closed down so no more local crop nights. There is a crop group in Fresno approx 30 minutes away from where i live that has crops every now and then on weekends my bad luck i work weekends!! ugh a little frustrated..Oh yea I dont have a scrapbook room anymore my daughters (age 9 and age 5) refuse to share a room now! lol

Edited by latina43 on 03-30-12 09:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to latina43

Only thing scrapbook related was card stock and some guy themed stuff i need for cards. lets see if i can get passed my last fast

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Stephanie D

Scrapfasters log #4 (I think) I have driven by Michael's, with coupons by my side. I have driven by JoAnn's and Archiver's with coupons by my side. I have also driven by a Big Lots, a Tuesday Mornings and a Hobby Lobby. Did I stop in? Did I buy anything? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I am having really bad withdrawals. I am having the tremors. OMG. Will this day ever end? Can't the stores online as well, just close for the rest of the day? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Hang in there Ausra! Buy some pretty nail polish instead or better yet, make a layout You can stay strong!

Stephanie you haven't bought any non essentials since 2010? Way to go!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to parisdame

Um, I have to come clean. I spent money today. 3packs of the target tape for $12 and a jar of gesso for $6.00. I have shamefully updated my siggy.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Hang in there Ausra! Buy some pretty nail polish instead or better yet, make a layout You can stay strong!

Stephanie you haven't bought any non essentials since 2010? Way to go!

I sell Mary Kay cosmetics, so buying nail polish or other cosmetics is out of the question, because I have a stockpile. I want to go and scrapbook, but my rental space (part of the basement, that I rent from my 16 yr old dh - ... he has claimed the basement his get away) is being occupied by teenage boys.So....making lo's out of the question.

The tremors have gone away.I just o internet surf now. That seems to help.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

So I did buy a few supplies but it was for a very special RAK so I guess that doesn't count

Anyone scrapping today?

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to parisdame

I'm still going strong. I have to go to a store right next to Michael's tomorrow and I'm vowing to myself not to go in there....

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to sabine

Ha, for me the store right next to Michael's is Hobby Lobby.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Okey, so I had to do my Tail of the Dragon LO's and I just happened to run across a Dragon stencil. Had to have it. So then I had to have some stylus' (got it with 40% coupon). Then I wanted to emboss with lime green, so I had to make a special trip just for lime green embossing powder....that's all I got I promise!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to CrimsonMama

Scrapfaster log # (I don't know)... So I didn't buy anything really. I so wanted the Summer Vacation Cricut cartridge, no not wanted, needed, I got it for $12 on ebay. I have fallen. I feel bad. (Not really)

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

scrappnmom2il

Since gift card/gift did not count on our fast no i have not gotten any that i did not need. But I also do paper craft for a living ..

Be for I when on a card stock shopping the last time I think i was a little over 3 years.. However there are time it seams like i eat product..

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
scrappnmom2il

Since gift card/gift did not count on our fast no i have not gotten any that i did not need. But I also do paper craft for a living ..

Be for I when on a card stock shopping the last time I think i was a little over 3 years.. However there are time it seams like i eat product..

Oh good, I'm gald that gift cards don't count. I had a store credit and I bought 1, yes 1, Tim Holtz distressed marker. Otherwise, I have been very very good. It shows in our checkbook and wallets.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

Just checking in...still doing good over here. No shopping

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

Went to J's today - bought nothing.

Went to M's today - bought sand pails for the Easter egg hunt on Sunday.

I even had stuff on my list to get and decided against it ALL!

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36

Id go on a fast if I got my paper supply up a bit more.

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to Mishay36

Just checking in haven't bought anything since my last purchase and I have made 3 layouts and 5 easter cards ... Now off to see if I can create anything else... if I can stay off this forum...

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

OHHHHHHHHHHHH! I just won 10yards of beautiful ribbon for my lo's from ebay and all I paid was $.25. Free shipping!!!!!!!!!!! And it's ribbon I could actually use. So, what am i gonna do with 10 yards? First of all there's 2 different styles and they are nice and I'll be nice and give some away. I spent $.25. Don't throw stones at me for that!!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

SCORE!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Big time!!!!!!!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

I'm failing miserably at scrapfasting LOL

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Ohio4HMom

I am so excited. I tought I would be able to go and scrap yesterday afte my dh's family left, but I was exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open. Anyway, between my programs today (I am a special rec leader) and after my last program, I am going to scrap. I am excited in using up my stuff. I know I have plenty to get some lo's done and some cards. I have a groupon for a lss, that I am planning on using in May and in July, I will be visiting a lss in Michigan near where our scout camp is. Besides those two places, I am hoping I can get by with just buying adhesive. As soon as my spring programs are done, I will be able to get a lot more scrapping done.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics