Username Post: anyone scrapping today?        (Topic#1572781)
KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

Hi ladies, anyone scrapping today? I am getting ready to pull my pics out and get started on something...not sure exactly what yet

I feel a little guilty because we are planning to go to the lake later on for some fishing. I've been looking forward to it all week but now that Saturday is here I just want to veg out and play with my craft supplies.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to KellyLeigh

I am working on an album for a friend's son. I am doing "his first 5 yesrs." He won't be 5 until December, but I forsee much work for myself coming up, and I want to make sure this gets done. I am on my 3rd LO for the book.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to jaspernonyx

I did 4 pages so far. Nothing fancy, just pics I wanted to get done. I was so frustrated that I couldn't find my tape runner, so I cut apart a refill just so I get my pics taped down!!!! After 2 completed layouts, I finally find a tape runner only to find out it was empty!

Have fun at the lake, Kelly.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Monique_McCoy

Not doing anything this weekend although I did buy some scrap stuff.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Governor
KVRLVN
In response to prittb

I'm at work, so that means playing on the computer. I did place a couple of on-line shopping orders and I'm gathering some ideas for future projects.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to prittb

I was at the scrapbook expo yesterday in Columbus in Ohio.....after walking all days yesterday on my legs on a concrete floor my back isn't working to well....so I'm vegging did do some copic coloring.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Sneezy1956

I plan on finishing up some pages I started at a crop last w/end as well as getting caught up on my Tim Holtz online lessons.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to SandraB.

I NEED to be scrapping instead I want to be NAPPING. LOL, I have been up and out since 7 am.....Of course I got some shopping in.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to Mia1979

Well, lake plans have been put off until tommorrow b/c there are thunderstorms in the area. So I am scrapping away and we will grill out some hamburgers later

1 layout done so far of dd at the beach a few years ago.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Ok THIS iS the Happy Thread! I am sorry I was such a downer on mine. I am starting a DISNey page with the new bling.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

What did you find at the expo Jane? Don't leave us hanging.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Henri Jean

Im working on my rome pages .......mostly getting pics on paper .....will embellish later ......this seems to work best for me

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to melissadam

I've completed 3 pages and that includes journaling.Yippee. I just put them in the gallery too.

Expert
In response to carbphrek

No scrapping here--just been taking LOTS of pictures to scrap in the future! It's spring break and we've been busy going to the circus, Science Center, kids' jumping place, playing outside, and today I took DS to a Women's Sweet 16 game (watched a tall chick dunk!) Cool!!! Maybe I'll do a little tonight...

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to HuskerMom98

I am also working on "Old Things that still work." My boyfriend's dad has an armchair purchased in 1958 (reupholstered several times). He also has a stove and an oven from the 50s in his garage. He has a glass coffeepot that was a wedding gift in 1953, a Kitchen Aid mixer from the mid-70s, and an Amana Radar Range from 1993 (it's not THAT old, but I can never get mine to last so long. The last time we replaced our microwave, we told the salesmanm about the Amana microwave from 1993, and he said we will not find anything like that). Oh, and he's got a radio from 1978.

I love all of this stuff, esp. the real retro oven! It's a lot of fun scrapping this stuff!

Kim

Edited by jaspernonyx on 03-24-12 01:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Governor
KVRLVN
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Ok THIS iS the Happy Thread! I am sorry I was such a downer on mine. I am starting a DISNey page with the new bling.

Cool bling. Love it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KVRLVN

Ok, I have my Disney papers out & I have selected some. I forgot my polka dot red flowers. I need to grab my pic & select the rest of the papers. I love the sketch. I hope I can fit everything.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I bought an Amana Radar Range right before my oldest son was born - 1975. I refuse to have another one - it works perfectly and I love it.

When I bought the microwave my appliance store where I bought it offered microwave cooking lessones once or twice a week sponsored by Litton. Didn't matter if you bought another brand microwave.

I was there every week near the end of my pregnancy and when my baby was born I tossed his bassinet in the car and set it up next to my chair.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

I'm working on my third layout of the day! Consdering I've only done 7 layouts for the whole year to date, I think I'm doing pretty well.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to parisdame

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

The bling is bigger than i thought. It does not fit the sketch. I Have been trying some ideas on my own. I think I will check the gallery again.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Now I found a page that has 6x6 squares of different print papers. This looks promising. I will see if it fits. My bling is approx 4x4.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to carbphrek

I did 4 layouts today- if I wasn't so tired I would do more lol

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to carbphrek

Now I am back to working on a scrapbook for my friend's son's first 5 years. It's odd--my flowers, hearts and butterflies don't work! I know others have discussed B4 the challenges of scrapping for a boy...

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to jaspernonyx

Well I decided since the kids are gone to finish up a page Ive been working on for a wk

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to carbphrek

I didn't work on anything today but I did work on my scrapbook room.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I caught We R Memory Keeper 12 x 12 3 ring binders for $15 each bought 4 of them, page protectors were 3 for $10.

I also got a good deal on some Jillbean Soup stuff, she's from the Columbus area. Then I went to Michael's and go every ting either on sale a trimmer 50% off and 20% off my entire order. didn't get that much but at least everything was on sale.

Thought I did really good

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to carbphrek

I need to stop looking at this message board and start putting all the paper away I bought last week and then I will start scrapping. I am a bit delayed because the F1 GP took a little longer than expected. But I am ready to go!

Wish you all a great (scrapping) Sunday.

Els

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to elsje2

I am working on my Christmas gifts for last year still... and because I selfish and like the pages, I am making a set for myself... 4 pages each, for 3 of us, equals 12 pages. I have 3 completed and most of the duplicates partly done. I came up with the perfect LO for the fourth page this morning... only I need to paint our kitchen and dinning room today I am going to at least pick out the papers today. Maybe I will get to it after the kids are in bed tonight.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Governor
KVRLVN
In response to Rushli

I'm still working, but I brought today some pictures I want to scrap and sorted them. I just realized yesterday that I never did finish my Jamaica trip from December. Guess I got side tracked.

I made some stick pins earlier and then tried to make some paper flowers from an on-line tutiorial I saw yesterday. That was an utter failure.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KVRLVN

I am going to try & work on something. I am not sure what yet. I put my Disney away for now. I have some new papers so maybe I will see if that sounds good. I still have some layouts to move from the last half of my one album. Maybe I will do that since I don't have to think too hard.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-25-12 12:14 PM
In response to anda11

I'm editing pics for a few LO's. These I'll print for actual paper ones, but I may work on a couple of digi's later.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to stick

Still no scrapping today - having security cameras installed.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to prittb

Getting ready to make my third video for YouTube. Since my prop is a glass of wine I need to have lunch first :-) It's going to be my teacup mini which I already posted on my blog. So glad I don't need to get dressed cause I'm still in my pj's!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to theellenbee

Well I finally finished stripping the wall paper off my mom's bedroom....didn't think I was ever going to get that done.

So now I'm surfing here and then I'm going to pull out my copics. I did get a fairy colored and cut out last night I will get it on a card some time this week.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sneezy1956

I have perusing the gallery for a different layout.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to anda11

Yes I am scrapping from Sat thru Tues. I finally got some ambition. Every weekend I say okay I will get something done and nothing. So far this weekend has been very productive.
Just taking a break for a few that back to work on my LO's.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Governor
KVRLVN
In response to creater1

I have been working on making that paper flower all day and finally got 'one' the way I want it. Uggh! Now, that was a challenge. Will work on some more tomorrow.

Judes4
Judes4 
Veteran
Judes4
In response to Mia1979

Yay! You get to stay home afterall. Happy scrapping and grilling.

Edited by Judes4 on 03-27-12 02:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Judes4
Judes4 
Veteran
Judes4
In response to melissadam

Michelle, that's what I did on Saturday, too. I just placed about 100 retirement party picturs on pages. Nothing else, but, it will be much easier for me to finish them up now.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics