Hello lovely crafty people!
The basic idea for this swap came from Sassie via 2peas...thanks Sassie!!
For this swap, you will make a set of 4 of the item you sign up for and you will get a set of 4 back. It's that easy!
4/7/12 ***UPDATE.....UPDATE.......UPDATE*** You can sign up for multiple spots in any group! Sign up for two spots...send in 2 SETS and get 2 SETS back, sign up for 3 spots and send in 3 SETS and get 3 SETS back and so on.
Now I know how busy we all are and since the majority of the categories will be handmade items, I am going to set the DUE DATE for May 5th (not post marked, actually in my hands) so I can have them swapped out and back to everyone just in time for Mother's Day! That's over a month to create. I am a real stickler for deadlines and due dates, so please be on time or your items will be returned to you. Overseas crafters are welcomed but your creating time will be less since your packages will take longer to get here. PM me for address if you don't already have it.
You have the option of sending return postage with your package or sending it via PayPal. The PayPal address is pebblesh (underscore) [email protected] If you send postage with your package please make sure you include the amount that it cost to get it here plus 3 extra stamps. If I don't need the extra stamps, I will send them back to you.
This is usually where I say "if you don't plan on finishing, don't sign up", but I will sign up for each category so no matter what, if someone flakes, you will still get to swap out with me! And I'm no flaker! LOL
1. For the stick pins, you can use either use HEAD PINS, OR you can use CORSAGE PINS. PLEASE don't use any pins smaller than 2". Please use at least 3 beads per pin and make sure the beads are adhered to the pin by either using E6000, crystal laquer or Glossy Accents so they won't slide down and the glue dries clear.
2. For the binder clips, you can use between the 1" to the jumbo size.
3. The Washi Tape can be bought or handmade. Take strips of 4, eight inches long and adhere them to wax paper, clear acetate, non-stick foil...etc.
4. For the clothes pins, I was thinking along the line of the regular sized spring loaded ones (not the minis), but I have seen the jumbo spring loaded and the old fashioned slit ones. The choice is yours.
5. The toothpick flags are easy peasy. Your flags can be however you want. Rectangle, triangle...etc. Have fun with it.
6. For the altered paper clips. I recommend that you use the colored coated ones. They have many to choose from. Regular standard shape, spirals, etc. Either the small ones or the large ones. That's not to say that you can't use the silver or gold ones so the choice is yours.
7. The pearl flowers is totally up to you whether you want to use 5 or 6 base pearls. And since I limited on my video skills right now (lol), I've linked the video tutorial that I watched that inspired me to make it.
8. Let's have the Charm Dangles no longer than 4 inches and no shorter than 2 inches. Be as creative as you want!
Each set of 4 will be swapped TOGETHER. I ask that you don't make each set exactly the same. I think it will be fun to get a good variety to use on future projects. If you want to use the same color for your sets, that is fine as long as they are each a little bit different. I will have tutorials posted for inspiration (so far I only have done)and please let me know if there's another category that you think we should add.
Sign ups will be open until April 7th!
***UPDATE*** Sign ups will be open until April 10th!
STICK PINS Stick Pin Tutorial
ALTERED BINDER CLIPS Altered Binder Tut. Pt.1 Altered Binder Tut. Pt.2
WASHI TAPE Washi Tape Tutorial
ALTERED CLOTHES PINS Altered Clothes Pin Tutorial
TOOTHPICK FLAGS Toothpick Flag Tutorial
ALTERED PAPER CLIPS Altered Paper Clip Tutorial
SHABBY CHIC PEARL FLOWERS My Shabby Chic Pearl Flower Tutorial
CHARM DANGLES Charm Dangle Tutorial Pt.1 Charm Dangle Tutorial Pt.2