Username Post: MARCH PROGRESSIVE~Round #1~LIVE Saturday 3/31 @ 11 AM EST~COME PLAY ALONG!!        (Topic#1573105)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them--or at least that's where you thought you left it)

At the selected time of the day (11 AM EST), I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

This weekend our progressive will be related to MLB!

We will also have an after dinner round on Saturday evening! Time to be determined by those who want to play--probably between 5 and 7 pm EST.

You will need common scrap supplies and 1 or 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge. The first step can be using a sketch or scraplifting, so you can get a head start on finding what you'll want to use.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free moment to play.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one: find a sketch or a LO to scraplift or freestyle
**Step two: paper selection and placement
***Step three: adding pictures
****Step four: adding handmade embellishments adding including newest goodies
*****Step five: adding "more" to the page
******Step six: adding the title
*******Step seven: journaling/doodling time

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within 24 hours of the last direction.
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type.
This month (MARCH) is motivational! There will be no points awarded!
****When the challenge weekend has been closed, pm me your favorite layout on Wednesday
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will points for PMing a vote..
Motivational Round
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the 24 hours.
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Here is the wiki list for SATURDAY'S Progressive: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Bas eball

QUESTIONS:

Will be posted later!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I'm here and ready now.....man you mean I have to wait until 11 in the am. I guess I can go another 14 and 20 minutes

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

I should look into a count down timer widget for the head quarters

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
I should look into a count down timer widget for the head quarters

I think that would be really cool!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Going to bed and hoping for happy progressive dreams!!!! See you all in the am

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I'm off to check out a craft fair this AM... see you all in alittle bit

NEW FOR MARCH

step 2- background

1. background http://wendysscrappincorn er.blogspot.com/2012/02/stampi...
2. rip paper in the middle of the page
3. faux candy

step 3- picture
1. add an interactive slider
2. Denim frames

step 4 - flowers
1. Circle Rose
2. May have this already
Crepe Paper Bloom
3. Folded Coffee filter flowers
4. Coming soon twine flowers
5. Grunge-up flowers using eyelets
6. 9 -layer swirlydoo flower
7. gesso flowers
8. Ballerina bloom made of tutle

step 4- handmade embellies
1. DIY Baker's Twine
2. use tissue and little sand to make immitate sand
3. add an interactive slider
4. cardboard shutters
5. add to the clays - eloborate clay designs
and faux stones from clay

step 4 crazes
1. add an umbrella
Here are examples of lacy umbrellas

2. doiley's are ever where and used in a lot of different ways
handmade doily

3. Tickets are every where but instead of buying one at the store make one suing these very simple steps. Be sure to embellish it with stickers, die-cuts, stamps, or paper-piecing to make it worth the 20 minutes!

4. Butterflies have ALWAYS been popular so let's honor them with a step to create one. You can use a stamp or die cut but you MUST add to it. May it layered add transparencies to the wings or even add stamps but go the extra mile to give it a little home-made quality. Check out the flying unicorn for some amazing inspiration. Feels free to print out one of the many samples I have stored on page ?? of the progressive challenge, but again make it hybrid a little computer and a little you- home-made.

step 6 - titles
1. You would take a word especially a name and for each letter you come up with a word to describe it. So if I did my son I would have the letters DALTON on the page. I would write

D- dynamic
A- attractive
L- lovable
T- talented
O- occasionally ornery
N- nimble

2. http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/03/spring-into-h and-stitching.html
step 7 journaling
1. add video clips in place of journaling
Video Clips for journaling
2. Journal in a shape. Outline the shape but also add some words to the outline part. Here's an example
3. Interactive flap like the All Ears layout
Flap
4. add a tag but include an interactive flap here's a sample
5. add an interactive song.
step one: go to www.playlist.com/
step two: find a song that is appropriate for your page
step three: copy the url
step four: got to http://goqr.me/
step five: select the url tab and paste the code
step six: print the QR code and add it to your layout
now this code can be scanned by a smart phone and the song will play with the page

sewing
1. embroider a design like this
beetle

doodling

quilling
quilled fuzzy bunnies:
http://katrin-hobby.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-post_13.h...

card
floating butterfly card
http://lisabarrie.blogspot.com/2012/03/floating-butt erf...
slider card
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz4FjjN9jVo&a mp;list=FLi...
pillow box card
http://swirlydoos.blogspot.com/2012/03/card-day_27.html
pillow box card

mini albums

one page mini album
http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2012/01/one-paper-min i-boo...

gift ideas

mail holder
http://prettylittlesometh ings.blogspot.com/2012/03/alte...
cheap home-made ring bases
http://holy-craft.blogspot.com/2012/01/making-your-o wn-...

BASKET
http://www.marisadesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/easter-bl...

box
http://www.marisadesigns.blogspot.com/2012/02/graphic-4...

kid easter baskets
http://www.jellyfishjelly.com/?p=2824

printables and die cuts
yellow butterfly printable
http://what-a-beautiful-m ess.blogspot.com/2012/03/zva-c...
clear looking butterflies
http://what-a-beautiful-m ess.blogspot.com/2012/03/swirl...

ADD to flag step 4
Sketch support flag ideas

Add to banner step 4:
Cut through paper to create a banner

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

So I always forget, is it 10 central time?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to tinadn

yes! So see u in an hour!!!!

justowen
Governor
justowen

Hi everyone!! I'm just lurking again this month. The scraproom still isn't finished ....children, husband and life manage to keep me from making much progress ...hoping to have it done by the end of April.

Hope everyone has a lot of fun today!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to justowen

Ok so I need to shower, fold a load of laundry, start another load and step away from the computer!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Megan's lost interent so were going to do this as a speed round. I'll have to ask one question after another and post each instruction at the beginning. I can monitor from the ball field but I can't coppy and paste too good from the ball field ORRRR can I humm

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Here's the questions I will ask so you can start to find your answers. FYI megan posted the link above to find the answers

step 1. What team was founded or joined the year you graduated from high school? If none pick the closest. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
step 2. Find a stadium’s name that starts with the same letter as your first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
Step 3: Find the team mascot that’s NAME starts with the same letter as your bff’s last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
Step 4: Find the TEAM that won that is located closest to where you currently live. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
step 5. Find the TEAM that won that is located closest to where you were born. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
step 6. Find the TEAM MASCOT NAME that’s name starts with the same letter as your child’s/pet’s first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
step 7. What team was founded or joined the year you were born? Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-31-12 06:38 AM

Have fun today everyone!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Nope I couldn't get my plan to work so we'll have to do this speed round style

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to GMFTS

Hi I am here and going to try this Not sure I understand but going to try. I need something to kick start my scrapbook mojo ...lol

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Thanks for poppin' in Jenny and Mary. Wish y'all could stay. Next month.... April 29th times to be announced

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I'm back too.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Hi I am here and going to try this Not sure I understand but going to try. I need something to kick start my scrapbook mojo ...lol

Teresa this is defiantly the right challenge for that. During my pregnancy the only time I scrapped was for this challenge 'cause I otherwise had no mojo.

This round is not a typical round which will probably make it a great round for someone new. What happens is an instruction is posted and everyone goes off and follows that instruct to the best of their abilities/supplies. After 15 minutes a new instruction is posted for a total of seven instructions. So this stretches out for a few hours. Unfortunately, our hostess, Megan, is without power and my son has a 1:00 ball game in another town so I have to leave in a few minutes. So I'm going to ask the questions all up front and find the corresponding instructions and post all those up front.

Again this is a great way to start 'cause you can work through each step with out the pressure of being done in 15 minutes. We'll do another round this evening.

In fact let me go post that round so it could draw attention to this round.

I'll be back for roll call and to get started.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

ok here's round 2
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15731...

Megan if your powered up by then I hope you'll do it. I just wanted to start it so people would see it on the side bar.

Okay ladies.... I see Tina's here. Teresea you make it back.... calling Anna you out there. And of course anyone else available to play today

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

What will our first step be...??? The first to answer will decide
step 1. What team was founded or joined the year you graduated from high school? If none pick the closest. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Kansas City Royals

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

oops that was wrong I will try again!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Miami Marlins
Kc was when I was born lol

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to tinadn

step 2. Find a stadium’s name that starts with the same letter as your first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Safeco ... Ssaettle

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Step 3: Find the team mascot that’s NAME starts with the same letter as your bff’s last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

• Ms.Schwiet Said:

off to change the baby's diaper before we go to the ball

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

back in a few

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Miami Marlins

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I do need to be walking out the door so let me ask one more question... that'll be half now and maybe Megan pick -up or I can finish after the game

Step 4: Find the TEAM that won that is located closest to where you currently live. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

chicago

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to tinadn

Marlin
STEP ONE: Go to The Color Room and find either a color palette you will follow or a sketch you will fall. Please indicate by number which palette you will follow. Also tell us if you will use the color or the sketch.

Seattle
49 50 51 52 53 54
Step two: Do any ONE of the following to your background, cardstock, or pattern papers.
1. Deboss one or more of your papers (debossing is basically the opposite of embossing, the image is depressed rather than raised.)
2. edge punch half of 2 sides sample
3. Ink your embossing folder before using
4. pattern paper shaped background
5. Use (very!) diluted bleach on a cotton swab or cotton ball to distress one or more of your papers
6. Use a mask or scallop cuts to create hills. Winter hills are pretty but any season could work. Here's a little how-to.
Helpful links:
Homemade glimmer mist
Homemade alcohol ink
Make-Up Glimmer Mist
NEW FOR MARCH

Or one of these:
1. background http://wendysscrappincorn er.blogspot.com/2012/02/stampi...
2. rip paper in the middle of the page
3. faux candy

Marlins
10,11,12 13
Step : Do any of the following to your pictures or picture matts:
1) Break away mosaic corner.
2) Crop at least one to a shape a circle or heart shape
3) Make a matt using a scalloped edge with lace or ribbon to accentuate the scallops. Here's a great tutorial.
4) paper roll (or fake paper roll by glue paper behind picture). Here’s a tutorial on how this should be done, but feel free to improvise. Rolled paper

NEW FOR MARCH
Or one of these

1. add an interactive slider
2. Denim frames

1 2 3
Not sure which Chicago so I used the easiest for me

Step four: Make any of the following and made thing:
1) Sunflower

2) Very realistic
leaves

3) Witch Flowers
4) Resin-filled Bottle Caps. Here's more tips and tricks for bottle caps
5) awesome butterflies
6) Make pencils for your page. Here's a tutorial.
7) Step four:
Buttons Buttons and more buttons. Hey, show me your buttons. Not any old buttons but let me see those handmade buttons.

here's a few tutorials to try
a video of buttons
clay buttons

8) Step Four:
Stick pins, stick pins every where why not on our creation too. Add a homemade stick pin. Use whatever technique you like for a homemade stick pin, but it must be homemade.
frosted design stick pins

9) Step Four:
Flags are now all the craze. You will need to take the time to MAKE a flag for your page. Sorry no store bought flags welcome. So make or cut a pole shape and attach a flag of some sort. You should put about 15 minutes worth of work into the flag so make it cute and detailed. Here's an example of a very cute twirled flag.

provinca
Governor
provinca

Better late than never! I've finally arrived. You know -- I only ask for one day a month for myself, and it never fails-- life gets in the way. But I'm back and I'm off to see what I'm supposed to be doing.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to tinadn

Edited by Teresakay on 04-01-12 02:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Teresakay

I am using sketch #94

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Teresakay

I am going to have to run out for a couple hours I thought I was going to get to stay home all day but of course not I will catch up when I get back home.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Teresakay

Life got interupted here too. I will be checking in and out all afternoon. I chose the color room # 104 pale blue, sunflower yellow, plum burgandy and white.

and this sketch
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/243205/view /3381131/... not public embedded.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to tinadn

How is everyone doing

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

It does seem to be a progressive tradition to have scrap time interupted. I'm off to find a sketch. The game is only in the second inning.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

working on step 4.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Megan your timing back is prefect looks like tina's about ready and if I know anna ages right behind

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Hi ya ladies!!! I am FINALLY here!!! anyone ready to go on to the next steps or would you like some more time to finish up the 1st 4 steps? I'm going to start my LO as soon as I get my scrap table cleared off! (No electricity this morning so I couldn't see in my scrap room to do anything!) I will check back in about 15 minutes & we can either move on if y'all are ready or we can keep working on these 4 steps a little longer. See you all at 2:30 PM!!!

provinca
Governor
provinca

I'm done through 4. I used sketch 100; made faux candy; paper roll; and stick pin.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Megan Ann

That should give me time to figure out step four. Like usual I am stuck except this time it isn't even a flower. I picked a lo I could use a flower, but no flower step yet-LOL

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

OK so on to step 5!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

step 5. Find the TEAM that won that is located closest to where you were born. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Megan Ann

I'm not sure I'm the best one to answer this one since I was born in Germany.
No one else has tho, so I'm guessing New York Yankees????????

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to tinadn

STEP 5: Embellishments. ONE must be from this list. Feel free to add other and more.

9. Oldest consumable thing your stash (id when u post)
10. Weave something---ribbon or paper
11. Add a banner
12. Sticker

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I'm going to do the sketch on 98. Love the colors but they won't work on any of my current projects.

Im excited about this evenings round.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

step 6. Find the TEAM MASCOT NAME that’s name starts with the same letter as your child’s/pet’s first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Boston Red Sox -- Lefty

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

STEP SIX: TITLE-Do one of the following:

1. Foil emboss your title
2. add ribbon to the title
3. Doodle you title by bubbling an outline of the letters and in the inside create a zen doodle. Example
4. Create a title by masking

NEW FOR MARCH

1. You would take a word especially a name and for each letter you come up with a word to describe it. So if I did my son I would have the letters DALTON on the page. I would write

D- dynamic
A- attractive
L- lovable
T- talented
O- occasionally ornery
N- nimble

2. http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/03/spring-into-h ...

Edited by Megan Ann on 03-31-12 11:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

step 7. What team was founded or joined the year you were born? Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Ok, i'll answer b/c I need to take Aslan out!

Colorado Rockies

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

STEP SEVEN: Add ONE of the following to your page:

Doodling
1. Make your journaling out of code. Here's an example of using Morris code

Stitching
1. use a woven stitch
2. Use a loopy loop stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Easy - Large Stitch Piercer Attachment Head - Loop de Loop
3. Use a scallop stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Stamper Attachment Head - Scallop Stitch

Journaling

1. You must go into the quote resources here at sb.com and find a quote to add to the page. Check out the quotes here.
2. Folded journalings spot with a center punch. Check out what Mandy made here.
3. Use a definition. Print or write a definition that is symbolic of the layout. Must include pronunciation code, part of speech and if possible multi-definitions.
4. Using left over scraps make a tag. I'll sometime rip pieces and modge podge them back together, but here's another great tutorial

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

OK, I am going to be away from the computer for a little while! I'll check back in later! Hope to see you at the 7 PM round!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Here's my LO:

Halloween 2002 By Provinca

1 - sketch no. 100
2 - faux candy
3 - paper roll
4 - stick pin
5 - oldest consumable -- green bracket and "smile"
6 - ribbon on title
7 - tag made from scraps -- upper right

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Megan Ann

got a 3:30 meeting
I will be back

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to tinadn

Well I didn't get to do the first one but I will be here for the 7:00 round

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Teresakay

I came home from the ball field with a sleeping baby and decided I would play his game and take a nap. It ran very long.

I'm cleaning up everything from my baseball mini albums and gonna work on finishing my mom's album with this 7 o'clock round. c u there

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Teresakay

I'm back and need to do #7 then I will post.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Find JOY in the little things By Tinadn
1 Color room 104
2 patterned paper shape bg
3 scallop edge
4 flag
5 Old item-red nail head=cherry in drink
6 doodle title
7 stitching

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I changed my mind I'm going to do sketch 96. I won't be done in the time period but this is a project I need to complete

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

I started my layout but didn't get it finished I will finish it today and post I kept checking back last night at 7:oo but nobody ever posted I am looking forward to your next round and hopefully I be able to stay home

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Teresakay

Unfortunatly interuptions are common. I thought I'd get a chance to finish but my moms not feeling well so I ned to help her withmy niece and our pre-easter dinner

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
I started my layout but didn't get it finished I will finish it today and post I kept checking back last night at 7:oo but nobody ever posted I am looking forward to your next round and hopefully I be able to stay home

The 7:00 round was on a different thread. Here's the link in case you want to give it a try:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15731...

Looking forward to playing with you at next month's progressive!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to provinca

zoe By Teresakay

1. Sketch #94
2.stamped background
3. photo in shape of a circle
4. sunflower..I didn't have the flower die in the tutorial but I use mine and followed the tutorial
5.sticker - the quote is a sticker
6.add ribbon t0 the title
7.made a tag from scraps

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Teresakay

yeah Teresa!!!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Teresakay

March Progressive round 1

Layout 1:
Halloween 2002 By Provinca
1 - sketch no. 100
2 - faux candy
3 - paper roll
4 - stick pin
5 - oldest consumable -- green bracket and "smile"
6 - ribbon on title
7 - tag made from scraps -- upper right

layout 2:
Find JOY in the little things By Tinadn
1 Color room 104
2 patterned paper shape bg
3 scallop edge
4 flag
5 Old item-red nail head=cherry in drink
6 doodle title
7 stitching

Layout 3~~ Rookie Honors:
zoe By Teresakay

1. Sketch #94
2.stamped background
3. photo in shape of a circle
4. sunflower..I didn't have the flower die in the tutorial but I use mine and followed the tutorial
5.sticker - the quote is a sticker
6.add ribbon t0 the title
7.made a tag from scraps

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 04-02-12 06:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

signing off!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics