Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: April *BUDGET* Challenge - Do you DARE to keep track???        (Topic#1573117)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the April BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of April that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, wishlist or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

PARTICIPANTS

Sonja
Budget: $100-20=$80-21=$59-10=$49 -42=$7-1=$6-36=BUST!!
Wishlist: Prima SUN KISS papers, bling, and flowers, storage box for punches, Baby boy papers, chipboard pieces, Yellow mist and light blue mist, Baby boy embellishments, G45 Tropical Travelogue papers, Faber-Castell Watercolor pencils or Gelatos, Cricut All About Boys cartridge
TWIST: No other flowers or papers, no other Cricut carts, no other inks or mists! BUST!!

Tammy
Budget: $300-17=$283-8=$275-230=$ 45
Wishlist: all the SU stuff I NEED but can't get in the UK, Sizzix Dr Bag,
Twist: Nothing I can get in the UK unless it is significantly cheaper here

Ausra
Budget: $50
Wishlist: Adhesive, Summer Vacation Cricut cart, crop nights
Twist: NOTHING else!

Pat
Budget: $25-BUST!
Wishlist: 12x12 album
Twist:

Tina
Budget: $50-30=$20-35=BUST!
Wishlist: [STRIKE]tree stamp, Happy Aniversary stamp,[/STRIKE] TH Markers (w/ gift card!)
Twist: ribbon and paper packs

Alissa
Budget: $20-Crop=BUST!!
Wishlist: papers and stamps on my wishlist at ACOT
Twist: nothing from Ms or HL

Kelly
Budget: $0-24= BUST!
Wishlist: MS Crochet Floral PATP, EP Note to Self, EP Pride & Joy, Cotillion kit, maybe Prima Sun Kissed, Sohouette, mats & blades
Twist: No flowers, ribbons, bling or other paper than what is listed.

Vivian
Budget: $1000 $30-10=$20-15=$5-??=BUST!!
Wishlist: I don't know what I need right now. Don't know what I want either.
Twist: But I do know I CAN'T be shopping for scrappy stuff until my crafty corner gets set up!

Katie
Budget:
Wishlist:
Twist:

Courtney
Budget: $250-22=$228-80=$148-22=$ 126-9.96=$116.04-20=$96.04-20-13=$63.04-30=$33.04-83=BUST!!
Wishlist: Lucky 8 Punch, Plane Jane Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Mist,MY DARN TIM HOLTZ MARKERS, SOD kit
Twist: no paper (except whats in my kit) BUST, no flowers

Shayla
Budget: $50-51.35=BUST!
Wishlist: Wave Searcher by Fancy Pants, Awesome by Simple Stories, basketball collection by Echo Park, ATG tape
Twist: Anything I can't use for current projects/pictures already printed

Edited by SonjaC on 04-27-12 01:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'll start us off:

Budget: $100
Wishlist: Prima SUN KISS papers, bling, and flowers, G45 Tropical Travelogue papers, Baby boy papers/embellishments, chipboard pieces, Faber-Castell Watercolor pencils or Gelatos, storage box for punches, Cricut All About Boys cartridge, Yellow mist and light blue mist,
TWIST: No other flowers or papers, no other Cricut carts, no other inks or mists!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

LOL why do you even have a twist? LOL

Okay I am here but I need to think about my budget lol but

My Wish List - all the SU stuff I NEED but can't get in the UK

my Twist will be - Nothing I can get in the UK unless it is significantly cheaper here

The hard part of this is the discontinued list for stamps comes out Apr 15 and for accessories Apr 25 - there is more accessories on the list I think that I can't get in the UK but I can move that to May (but then that is when the preorder comes for new product!!!)

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Ladybing Tammy

OK. Let's try this again....

Spending limit: $50 and only on adhesive. If I get a Cricut cart Summer Vacation under $20, that is all I am buying. Nothing else.The$50 also includes crop nights. I am scrapfasting.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to scrappnmom2il

I managed to keep inside my budget last month, so I'm going to push it a little.

I'm trying to save for a trip to Italy, and I need more scrap supplies like I need a hole in my head.

I'm going to set my budget for April at ...

$25.

Yep. That's IT, and only because I KNOW that at some point, I'm going to find SOMEthing that I just HAVE to have, but I'm going to try REALLY hard not to spend ANYthing.

We'll see how long that lasts. Ooooh, look! Paper!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

lol at Pat!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

$50 budget
Wishlist: tree stamp, Happy Anniversary stamp
Twist: ribbon and paper packs

I can't resist a single sheet here and there:)
I am thinking about the TH markers, but if I purchase, I am using a $100 giftcard towards them.
Just sayin' LOL

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

I really should get back to my $10 budget...

BUDGET: $20
WISH: papers and stamps on my wish list at ACOT
TWIST: nothing from Ms or HL

I have my eye on papers from Prima, MME, Kaisercraft, and Melissa Frances (I wish more stores carried her stuff!). I also want a couple of the new Prima stamps- a vintage tea cup and sailboat. AND I've discovered Stampavie and I want one of those as well

Gonna spend some quality time on CL this morning and sell c r a p

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to runzalot81

Hi hear you Alissa - I am that way with Teresa Collins - I just recently discovered some wonderful papers by her.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm in. I was good for the last few months, so I may increase my budget a little for April. Maybe... I only have 12 days to shop. Can't get into too much trouble. Or can I?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

oh heavens - Kelly you can do more damage in 12 days than I care to think about!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I think my budget will be $300 - yes a nice round number that allows me a $200 SU order and a bit more! woohoo! I am looking to find a Sizzix Dr Bag on sale somewhere in the States on Easter Weekend and hopefully a coupon somewhere that I can use against it!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Wow, Tammy, that is some budget! When I get back from my trip in May, I definitely want some SU stuff. I need that owl punch and that bird punch.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

that owl punch can do soooo much - tulips, penguins, reindeer heads!!! oh my my friend has it and wow it is very versatile!

I joined as a demonstrator so I get the stuff I can't get in the UK as there was this amazing deal during sale-a-bration. I love how everything coordinates so I am trying to desperately use up the stash I have before i move.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 03-31-12 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I'm still awake and it's officially Monday and I made it through Saturday without buying anything. The hard part of the weekend is over!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

$1000

Ok - how many of you just spit on your computer??

Did you gals miss me? Cause I sure missed you!!!

My true budget is a mere $30.
Wish List: I don't know what I need right now. Don't know what I want either.
Twist:But I do know that I CAN'T be shopping for scrappy stuff until my crafty corner gets set up.

Last month I snuck in a purchase of face stamps and am excited to use those. But really, I'm excited just to be in my new home, new craft space, new kitchen, etc etc. You get the idea!!! What a ride and one I do NOT want to repeat. But yeah, it was worth it.
To give you an idea, my son was in and out the house all day yesterday. Played with whatever he could find in the house (new vacuum cleaner comes to mind) and was generally loud and busy. BUT it was all good cause we have so much more room here for him to be that active little boy he needs to be. Boat loads of kids in this neighborhood too and he's anxious to meet them all!! LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Vivian Lake

Vivian, glad you are getting settled.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Vivian! Yes we missed you and what joy we all had when we heard you got a house!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I'm in this month and let's hope I don't fall off the face of the internet again. Some days I just don't feel like sitting in front of the computer like hubby does. I'm not feeling the scrappyness and I'm spending way to much $ on clothing. I'm rather horrible about posting my spendings. I buy stuff and leave it in the car, and before I know it, I've forgotten about it!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

I am here...getting all of my challenges ready for the month of April!

I will think really hard about my budget and wish list

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to newtoscrapping2011

OK I caught up on chatter LOL...YAYYYY Vivian we did miss you!! and I am so happy for you to finally be "HOME"!!

I purchased some of those Peachy Keen Face stamps last month...havent had a chance to use them yet...but I will...they are just precious!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
OK I caught up on chatter LOL...YAYYYY Vivian we did miss you!! and I am so happy for you to finally be "HOME"!!

I purchased some of those Peachy Keen Face stamps last month...havent had a chance to use them yet...but I will...they are just precious!

awesome!! I'm sure you'll have just as much fun with them as I do!!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Hey Ladies I am back, Had a great time in Miami

Budget $50

My wishlist has some of the same things from Last month: Wave Searcher by Fancy Pants, Awesome by Simple Stories, basketball collection by echo park

Twist: Anything I can't use for current projects/pictures already printed.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ShaylaCreations

I hear that twist Shayla! Glad you had a good time in Miami!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

ok wait I need ATG tape as well, it wont Count against my budget but I must add it to my wishlist because I am on my last roll and will forget and thanks for hosting again Sonja!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
I hear that twist Shayla! Glad you had a good time in Miami!

Thanks, and yes I got that from you many months ago! I see it really helps!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Vivian, congratulations and welcome back!!! I've missed you. Can't wait for you to be all settled in and back to crafting again.

Hi Katie. I've missed you too. What's going on?

Tammy, I'm really obsessing about the owl punch. I always thought it was cute, but when I saw the tulips I knew I had to have it. Love that punch! I'll probably never use it as an owl though.

I can't believe it's April 1st and neither Courtney or Sonja have tried to enable me yet. Hmmm, hope they are both feeling well.

Need to work on my wish list and budget. Wish list is long and budget is short. Not fair!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Kelly not sure if you can see Julie Kettlewell on my blog but here are two of her owl punch creations

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1015029604863...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1015029604836...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

HELP! I'm soooo sleepy and tired. I can't do anything but browse online and I ALMOST bought stamps, rubber and digital. WHAT am I thinking? I krap stamps.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

It won't let me see the links you posted.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Alissa, back away from the stamps. Do not give in. It's only day 1!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Hi Katie - welcome back!

Kelly here you go - note these are not my creations!
Su Owl Punch Penguin By Ladybing Tammy

SU Own Punch Reindeer By Ladybing Tammy

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 04-01-12 03:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

ohhh tammy those are sooo cute!!!

I haven't had a chance to even think about enabling today Kelly LMAO!!! My husbands birthday is tomorrow so I had his family over today for cake... so I have been playing hostess....the good news is we went out to dinner...and now i am just getting home and i am SOOO FULL!!! lol.....

My Budget $250
My Wishlist: Plane Jane Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Mist, Lucky 8 Punch, MY DARN TIM HOLTZ MARKERS (which should be in tomorrow)! SOD kit
Twist: no paper (except for whats in my kit), no flowers

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

no psper Courtney - are you sure??

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

*yawn* Big day today. Movers come this morning. Goal #1. Get my kitchen together. Eating out constantly is killing the budget AND the hips!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I'm trying to decide if I want to go to work today or not. I have a LOT of sick leave that I need to use before I retire, and it would be better to use it a little at a time rather than pile it up and use it all at once.

Hmmm. Monday. Hard decision.
I have a lot of laundry piled up and I need to run to Hobby Lobby to pick up brads for one of my classes later this week.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

OMG there's a stamp sale.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

where Alissa where?

Pat I opt for the sick day!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

That's a fun punch Tammy. TFS

Pat everyone needs a sick Monday once in a while.

Good luck with the movers Vivian.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Vivian, I'm so excited for you! You'll have that kitchen unpacked in no time. That was the first thing I focused on when the movers got here. It was so nice to cook in my new kitchen for the first time.

Alissa, you have stamps. You have a gazillion pretty stamps. Have you used all the stamps you own yet? Go shop your stash.

Tammy, those pics make me want that punch even more. Must. Have.

Courtney, how unlike you to be behaving. So, when is Kelly making the Cotillion kit available?

Hi Shayla!

Ummm, Pat? I think you need the sick day!

Today I need to take the terriers to the groomers, pick up some groceries, do a little laundry, and then start the Silhouette class my hubby bought for me. I'm so excited about learning how to use my Cameo. Now if Silhouette would just have a subscription sale my life would be complete. It's the little things, you know?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $75
Wish: MS Crochet Floral PATP, EP Note to Self, EP Pride & Joy, Cotillion kit, maybe Prima Sun Kissed, Sohouette, mats & blades

Twist: No flowers, ribbons, bling, or paper other than what is listed.

Edited by Kamananui on 04-02-12 08:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

I'm seriously trying to hold off on the Prima. I don't really have anything to use it with even though I absolutely love it. We'll see how long I last.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

Hey Kelly!
Tough twist! good luck! I know you can do it!

I got a 99.095 on my mid term (yes all that was on my paper lol) I am so excited I got the highest grade in the class! I think that deserves a trip to the LSS (that's not so local) this weekend lol. I wonder if hubby will by that line lol.

Hope you ladies have a great day!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
no psper Courtney - are you sure??

Yes I am sure.....LOL I have more paper than I could use in three lifetimes!!! must stop the insanity!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Kelly, I will ask the other Kelly right now!! and get you an answer on that Cotillion Kit!! Email sent and I will keep you posted!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Kelly,

She is going to put it up tonight!!!! So you get to order it before your trip!!!

There do you feel better now I enabled you LMAO!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Vivian, I'm so excited for you! You'll have that kitchen unpacked in no time. That was the first thing I focused on when the movers got here. It was so nice to cook in my new kitchen for the first time.

Alissa, you have stamps. You have a gazillion pretty stamps. Have you used all the stamps you own yet? Go shop your stash.

Tammy, those pics make me want that punch even more. Must. Have.

Courtney, how unlike you to be behaving. So, when is Kelly making the Cotillion kit available?

Hi Shayla!

Ummm, Pat? I think you need the sick day!

Today I need to take the terriers to the groomers, pick up some groceries, do a little laundry, and then start the Silhouette class my hubby bought for me. I'm so excited about learning how to use my Cameo. Now if Silhouette would just have a subscription sale my life would be complete. It's the little things, you know?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Good grief you guys were chatty this weekend! We're on page three and only 2 days into the month!

Great to see everyone back! Hi Ausra!! Yaay Vivian!! (And yes, I nearly fainted when I saw you put $1,000, you little April Fool!) LOL And so glad to hear you're in your new place! Sounds wonderful!

Is it me, or is Tammy starting off rather snarky this month? I don't think you need a twist either, Miss Tammy!! LOL

And LOL @ Kelly - whatEVER!! I'm trying to behave... helps when I'm out of town, doesn't it?! And what do you mean 'maybe' prima Sun Kiss?!? Who said anything about using those papers anyway?! LOLOLOL

Pat - TAKE the day (if you didn't already!) I think you just about talked yourself into it, didn't you? hehehe

Alissa you're cracking me up, but I agree with Kelly, you HAVE stamps!!! (As I off to look at the sale... heh heh heh Do as I say, not as I do...)

Okay... whew!!
Got the first post updated finally! Take a look and make sure I didn't miss anything. We've still got a few people who need to confirm their budgets and/or wishlist and twists! *ahem* Pat... Katie...
Thanks for the giggles this morning, Ladies! Can't believe I missed out on all this!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

me - snarky - never! Sorry (hiding head in shame) I just have this hard time with Courtney not buying paper - I live vicariously through both you and her Sonja! LOL

Now since I have more work to do at work I have to get my butt back to the office in about 1/2 hour - gotta love long weekends that have deadlines on Mondays!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I won a GC for CropStop and spent that yesterday.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOL! I'm only pulling your leg, Tammy! It was just funny, you were ribbing me about my twist and then Kelly and Courtney. Had me giggling!
And yeah, what's with the Monday due dates for stuff??? Don't they know I"m still recooperating from my weekend?!

Nice Alissa! Get anything good??

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

Well, I opted for HALF a day. Took the entire afternoon off and ran over to hobby lobby thinking I would just pick up those brads and be done.

Their albums were 40% off. I grabbed two. I needed them. I didn't realize they were on sale this week, or I'd have factored them into my budget.

I spent $23.98.

Um.... What was my budget? I think I busted it. Even at 40% off.

Checked the first page and it turns out I am NOT busted. I am still $1.02 out of the hole.

I'd say my budget is safe for the rest of the month. And I'm REALLY glad I bought those albums. I really did need them. I've got layouts stacked up almost a foot deep on top of my paper stacks.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

OH Pat that has to be a record... even with Courtney in the group!

Sure you don't wanna update your budget since you didn't have your list completed????

And you didn't technically 'bust'... you've still got $1 left! Wait... you didn't include the brads in that total did you? Those r for a class and shouldn't count!

Edited by SonjaC on 04-02-12 03:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

I did not include the brads since I'll be reimbursed for them.

I bought two albums $19.99 each at 40% off. That's $23.98.

It's definitely going to be a snug month.

No, I don't want to update my budget. It's a budget and if I blow it all on the 2nd day of the month, I have to just live with the consequences. I'll be thinking about those two albums when I'm drinking espresso in an Italian bistro in Florence.

No I won't. I'll be thinking, "hey. I'm in ITALY!"

Let's put those albums on my wish list...that way I can mark them off. I really have been thinking in the back of my mind that I needed to go get a couple, so it's not like it was a totally impulsive purchase.

For the "twist." Do not spend $1.02 from your budget.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
LOL I have more paper than I could use in three lifetimes!!! must stop the insanity!!!

I have more paper than you and I TOGETHER could use in three lifetimes.

The insanity has taken over here. I've just learned to ignore the voices.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOL Pat - I'd be thinking that too! Love your twist too, by the way!

IDK if I'm going to actually spend what I have on my budget this month... we just got four more doctor bills this week... between my OB and DH's ten different doctors...
Gads, I'm not sure where I'm going to pay that all from... Seriously, can the Accounts Payable departments of the world please leave me alone for ONE lousy month?! I'd really rather be spending my money on scrappy goodness!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja hugs girl!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

ok I spent $17 yesterday - had to check things out. i got the Britannia QK die set (hey I am moving there) for $10 instead of $50 at my LSS, 1 sheet of bazzill for a project I actually am currently working on, a little stamp set from we are Memory Keepers because it had a Carpe Diem stamp in it which was my high school motto and some bling for my dd's wedding album.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Sonja, why does your DH have 10 doctors?!

I bought envelopes and a one stamp yesterday with the CropStop prize. I was very good.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Sonja....don't get stressed about medical bills...SERIOUSLY!! you can pay them $5 a month and they can do nothing....this is coming from an ACCOUNTANT LOL!!!

I also did medical billing for 13 years before I became an accountant....seriously...just call them and ask them if you can set up a payment plan....then that will give you more monies for your scrappy goodness!!

OH and SHAMUUUUUU can you here me making the raspberry face at you with you picking on me for always busting LOL

Pat I thought you beat me this month I was excited!!! I behaved all weekend and didn't spend not even one cent!!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I've never had any problems getting a doctor or hospital to accept a payment plan.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

OHHHHHHHH KELLYYYYYYY lol....the Cotillion kit is up at scraputante.....reveal day is friday for the design team....i guess I better get scrapping!! lol

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Courtney, I can't wait to see what you do with the kit. I need to go through my photos to make sure I can actually use it. I love that kit so much. Everything is just gorgeous. It's just packed with pretties!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Thanks for the hugs and giggles guys! LMAO Courtney! Nope... didn't hear the raspberries...

Alissa, sad isn't it? We went through his list of doctors and found that all in, he's got about 7-8 that he sees regularily (i.e. monthly), but we've seen up to 11 in the past year!
It's mostly been due to us spending the last year getting his diagnosis, figuring out how to treat it and monitoring said treatment. He probably takes about as many medications and just started getting monthly IV treatments for what he has. He does have really good insurance, but the co-pays alone add up and of course you never know how much they'll be billing you for all the labs, treatments and tests they do... Been a long road, but I'm really hoping this year things will settle down as they get the disease under control - and we can focus on ME and the baby instead!

Really Courtney??? I had no idea! I was afraid I'd have to pay this big OB one at once! That is SOOOO good to hear, you have NO idea! Thank you!

Edited by SonjaC on 04-03-12 12:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sonja I hear ya and understand. I just got a bill for $500 from my son's surgeon. My son asks, "is this from my broken leg already?" I say, "no this is from your knee surgery. I haven't gotten the bills from your broken leg or physical therapy yet..."

Courtney I've been told by hospitals it depends on if it is a state or local hospital. If local they will take payments, if state they will turn you in to bill collectors.

Pat FYI I consider albums like adhesive, a need and don't count into my budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

My SU kit came today!!!!!!!! It weighed 31 lbs!!! So needless to say it is coming up from the car 10 lbs at a time since I am still not supposed to be lifting!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 04-03-12 03:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Tina, I hear that! They do have a little bit of lag time before they spring the next charges on you!
I did ask my OB's office and they were able to accept payments (thank goodness!) Wasn't sure where the $400 was going to come from... Though I do have a health spending account set up through my work that I can pull from or we can borrow from family if worse came to worse. Can't wait to see what the hospital charges for delivering this baby!

Holy smokes Tammy!!! That's a heavy box! Can't you get one of your 'recovery minions' to help there so you don't have to lift anything???

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Most doctors will work with you especially the ob/gyn....definitely make sure you use your flexible spending account....because if you don't use it ....you lose it at the end of the year!

when you get your first bill....you just call and ask to work out a payment plan....tell them you can only afford $10 a month....they may balk but they have to accept it...just make sure you send it....

Kelly, normally that is totally NOT my style, but I am really having a blast with this kit!! I need to get some more layouts done....I have 3 layouts and a card done, but think I can squeeze out 2 more layouts with this kit....it really is full of pretties LOL

I think I am going to do some online shopping today....hubby is at the baseball game and I am home just chilling out LOL I am not feeling very creative...soooo I will shop!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

No Sonja - no minions here today and I didn't want to wait!!!! I touched everything and have put about half of it in the appropriate shipping boxes for the UK lol

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Goodness, I missed a lot in 2 days!! My kitchen is coming along . . . slowly. BUT I'm definitely not going to complain. Remembering 2 months in the RV is all I need to not complain. I wanted this and now I have it.

Sonja - glad you now know what's up with your hubby. It sucks to have all those bills though. If I said do the "snowball payment plan" would you know what I'm talking about? Of course, take everyone's advice about payments for those bills but add a little wrinkle with the snowball plan.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Pat FYI I consider albums like adhesive, a need and don't count into my budget.

Oh - well, then. ...

Can I DO that, oh great forum leader?

If not, it's ok. I totally understand. I really did NEED them. In fact, I needed them so badly, they're both already full and I NEED to go buy another one!

It would be good if I could do that while they are on sale 40% off.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Pat I think you set your own rules-lol
Courtney can they charge interest tho?
I few months ago I got a bill from a billing company with interest. I had never even received a bill from the doctors office.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Sonja have you seen this Bella Blvd We're Expecting collection? It is cute. Not much here on sb.com but I saw some cute embellies somewhere else.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3568865.h...

Isn't this adorable? not pubic embedded

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Tina they are allowed to charge 1% interest each month...Most places where you are a steady patient will not do that to keep you....and if my doctor charged it, I would seriously look elsewhere

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

that collection is adorable Tina...

Vivian...your allowed to vent a little LOL....moving is awful! but i guess its better than the RV...

I bought 2 spellbinders on evil bay for $22.00 lastt night, but those were my only purchases woo hoo!! got a reallly good deal...and the seller combined shipping even better!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Which ones did you get, Courtney?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, be careful moving stuff!

Vivian, glad to hear the packing is coming along. Soon you will be all settled in. (in all honesty, it took me about two months of unpacking every day.) There are still some boxes in the garage I decided not to touch.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I got the Blossoms Two and the Dahlia nestabilities...i have been trying to get them at a good price for forever!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Courtney, thanks for the tips for sure! I'm not as worried about the little bills as I am about that big $400 one, but I talked to the A/P department and they said I should confirm with my insurance first that this charge is correct (I was told two different things when I called them in Jan and Feb), but she did say if it was my responsibility to pay, I could definitely make payments. (WhEW!) Oh I'm very familiar with the spending account thing, this is our third year with it and it's the BEST! I don't put enough in each year, but I delve it out throughout the year for the bills that really catch us offguard. My company also has a daycare spending account I can start once the baby's born so that'll be good. It'll help with taxes for one... I swear, if you don't own a home or have kids you PAY for it!! We get hammered every year and we're putting an extra $200/month into Federal taxes!

Alright, I'm done whining, everyone's got their own problems and some make ours look like nothing so I'm thankful for that much!

Catching up on chatter here:
Vivian - Vent all you want! Moving's no fun regardless of how much time you spent in temporary housing! I agree though, my kitchen was the FIRST thing we unpacked! We've been in our place 2 months and between the doc appointments, DH's fatigue and my growing girth, we've still got several boxes left to unpack - and we just got a bunch of shower gifts to find room for!
And no, I've never heard of the snowball payment plan, please enlighten me!

Tammy - I don't blame you, I do the same thing... LOL!

Pat - LOL! IDK about 'great' but I'll take the forum leader title any day! And I do agree, albums, adhesive and the like can definitely be excluded from your budget, unless you want to include them. (I have before, but I usually don't!) You can leave it on your wishlist since it is something you NEED though! (Nothing gets me going like crossing an item off one of my many lists! Something I inherited from my mother... ) lol! So I'll put your budget back on there and go stock up on albums!

Tina - Enabling a little??? Those are WAY cute!! LOVE that LO you linked! I have a few papers, but most are just random ones and these embellies are adorable!!

J's is having a 40% off scrappy supplies through Saturday... drat them! THink I'm going to cave on the Glimmer Mists I want... Between those and my Shmizz SUN KISS purchase I may make a dent in my budget before my paycheck has even settled in my account on Friday.. I'm sorry... bills what?! LOL

Wow... I'm quite the forum hog today!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Lmao sonja!!! Kelly from Scraputante just placed her Tattered Angels order....I CANNOT WAIT for Plane Jane to come out!!!

I just got the bestest news everrrrrrr..Kelly asked me to go to CHA with her in JULY!!!!!!!! OH EMMM GEEEE how freaking exciting is that....now i need to curb my spending so that I can catch a flight out there and not have to walk LMAO!!

Dom and I decided today that we are going to take a train ride to florida in November when we go instead of flying...I think it will be less stressful, and I WILL BE ABLE TO SCRAP!!! its a 25 hour train ride...so you sleep on it...i think it is going to be such a fun and interesting adventure!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

How FUUUHNNNNN Courtney!!! So jealous! The train ride will be a blast as well! What are you guys going to Florida in November for?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Thanks Courtney, I could ask questions about this forever, we always have terrible medical bills, but I will just leave it at that.
I'm jealous about CHA and want to go sometime.

Sonja I 'm a grandma wanna be since my son was married March 24. I'm on the look out for great stuff even tho I need to see wedding pix to scrap first-lol

Edited by tinadn on 04-04-12 11:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I may have to drop my budget to zero. I may add on the cruise after mine ends and make it a back to back. Here is the itinerary:

Ports of Call:

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Messina (Sicily), Italy; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Chania (Souda), Crete, Greece; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

I think it might be worth giving up a few scrap supplies.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

hello my friends!!!!

I got new toys to play with but they are out of last months budget and I forgot they were ordered and they came today - it is like Christmas!

A 25 hour train ride - sheesh I am afraid I would get serious motion sickness

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Of course, my husband might not be all that thrilled with me being gone another week, plus I'm not sure I can handle not being with him for another week, but I need to decide in the next day or two. Until then, no spending!

And Courtney, that is the most awesome news ever!!!! I'm going to want daily text updates!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

wow Kelly - what a cool cruise!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I think so too. It had a huge price drop, which makes it more tempting.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

gotta love a travel deal!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Kelly that cruise sounds AWESOME!! I will only be able to go to CHA for 2 days because well I have to work and they only give me so many days off...LOL So I am thinking I will go Monday and Tuesday and fly home tuesday evening.....If the flights arent insane.

Tammy...don't you just love surprises!!! I got my Ottlite yesterday in the mail.....also from last months budget and it totally made my day!

Sonja, we are disney fiends LOL...we go every year for our anniversary...so instead of flying this year, we are going to ride the rails....my husband loves trains, and I just think it will be a neat adventure...now...how do I pack enough scrappy stuff in just one bag??? LOL thats the dilemma....My brother and his new wife are thinking about coming with us...which will make it totally a blast!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I would love to try to travel by train some time. Sounds fun. I'm a Disney nut too. Sadly I think we are skipping Disney this year for Universal. Boo!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Kelly, that cruise sounds AWEsome!! Sounds like a once in a lifetime chance, plus you'll already be there so you won't have to pay for another flight over, just the flight change, right? I think that's worth the extra week and zero scrappy goodness. Think of all the pictures you'll have to scrap when you return! Doooo iiiiTTT!!! LOL

Tammy, Love to get surprises in the mail! mine never go that long though! Can't wait to see what you create!

Courtney, Ah, Disney.. say no more! I love Disney too and have gotten the dh into it as well (his first time to Disneyland was when he was 35 - with ME - and he lived less than an hour away!) In his defense though, he was 20 when they came to the US and had other things on his mind at the time... LOL!! Now he loves it and can't wait to take his son... er... in a few years! hehe
Bet your dh is stoaked about the train ride, though! I've ridden trains a few times; DC to Virginia and around Europe, but DH's first time on a train was when we road on the Grand Canyon Railway to the top of the Grand Canyon (highly recommend that one!) I've always wanted to do the Pacific Railway from LA to Seattle, but it's more expensive than flying!!

And Kelly, what Universal are you doing this year???? FL or CA? Juuuust curious... if you do CA, I'm a 20-minute drive from there! Just sayin...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, we are going to Florida for Harry Potter.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

I might have known... LOL

Well consider me jealous then!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Kelly that trip sounds amazing and I agree do it all now and save on airfare.
Talk about suprise mail-This is what was waiting for me when I got home today!Shipment one of four! This one busted me last month:)
Fun find By Tinadn

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Tina, my budget is in jeopardy thanks to your enabling! I went and looked at the We're Expecting line and found this Baby Boy line!! The exact theme our baby's room is going to be (except his walls are a vanilla yellow...)!! Actually, thanks for the tip, I love those Expecting embellies!!

Anyone mind if I add these to my wishlist???

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

But what a way to go, Tina! That PATP set alone is worth it!! Can't wait to see what else you get!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

sorry about the enabling, but i thought it was WAY cute!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Oh I fully agree! And it led me to that Baby Boy collection, which I'll probably end up getting both!

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics