Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: APRIL'S New Layouts        (Topic#1573127)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. Thanks to Terry for hosting March.

If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO CHALLENGES and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say =)

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

May -- Donna

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks Cheryl. I appreciate it!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies! I am here!! TY Cheryl!

It's A Girl thing.. By SQ Mandi

Summertime Sweetie By SQ Mandi

Jessa & Pappa By SQ Mandi

Summertime Treat By SQ Mandi

Jessa does not have pneumonia again, thankfully. She just has a cold. They did give me more antibiotics to start her on to keep the pneumonia away though.

Leandra has a friend over and we are watching some movies. I will be back tomorrow.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

I pre-planned 4 LOs last night with a "Yosemite is..." theme. I added some more today and finished 7 LOs and started another. WOW! After I took the photos I added three tiny white dots after the word "IS" on each LO. Forgot to do it before snapping the pics. DUH

Yosemite is...Amazing Landscapes By Rockmom

Yosemite is... Ancient Forests By Rockmom

Gotta work on the garage and the yard tomorrow. Doubt I'll get any scrappin done. Y'all enjoy the weekend, have fun at that party Dayna.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Yosemite is... Wild Waterfalls By Rockmom

Yosemite is...Wonderful Wildlife By Rockmom

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Morning!

Thanks Terry and Cheryl!

Oy...not even April and I'm already behind

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!

Thanks for hosting March Terry!

And thanks to Cheryl for hosting April!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning....Is it April already???

I know Cheryl works the next 3 days and had to get us up and running. Thank you Cheryl

Terry thanks for hosting March.Can't tell if it is going out like a lamb or a lion. It is dreary out there, but no threatening weather.

bbl

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to scrappin 2

happy sat
thank terry for hosting march
and ditto cheryl for april

Edited by tealbrand on 03-31-12 10:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-31-12 07:05 AM
In response to tealbrand

Oh wow! We are into April! Thank you Terry for hosting the great month of March, and thanks Cheryl for hosting April!

I see several of you are busy beavers already.

So, I am going to jump right in and try to catch up on some of the chatter and layouts today. I have a couple to drop off myself!

Jojo, you must be up north this weekend! I am so happy that your Andrew has his own apartment...Woot, woot, woot. He must be thrilled!

Oh as far as the kids bringing home laundry. Yes, I have had it happen, but not for a few years! LOL...However, my daughter, Lisa grumbles about her Logan bringing his laundry for her. He is close to Andrews age. 22. My Tim, who lives upstairs with us, does his own laundry and Max and Abbi's when they are here. Thank goodness! BUt he is older than Andrew. There are times though when I find myself getting his laundry out of my dryer so I can use it, and I do not just toss it into a basket, I stop and fold it.

I was wondering what your plans are for Easter with your move and all. I know how you love decorating eggs!

Mandi... hope you are feeling better today. Ham is a tradition here for Easter, and I love ham, but I have been known to cook a Pork Loin also for the non ham lovers!

Stacey.. where are you from? I must have missed something here! We have a a couple of grandsons who are in Karate too. Sam 16, and Gus 12, and their dad, Chip (my sil) is also! They do a lot of traveling. I know they have black belts, and possibly brown belts now, I can never remember!!! Griffin 12, is into Taekwondo, also.

Dayna sounds like you have a busy weekend planeed, running a photo booth and taking your youngest to the zoo! Have fun!

Mel love the photo's you put up for us to see, and I have to go back to March shortly and comment on them!!!! Thank you for sharing!

AnnaLove your new Avi, and by the way...your fresh beans with bacon and ham made me drool. We can't plant gardens this early in the north east, so all the garden talk is making me envious!

Terry Congratulations to you on the multi picture challenge....I hope you will all let us know when you are in a challenge. I love voting on them!

DeniseI love that Creamy Chicken breast recipe of Cheryl's and make it often, and she also has a great beef recipe for the slow cooker called Italian Beef which we love!

Jeanne, I would send you and your sister, a Cadbury egg, but Max and Abbi ate the last of them! Sigh, didn't save any for me!

Cathe, and Cheryl, I think you are beating me in Words!!!!

Well I am sure I have left someone out, but it wasn't intentional! Good morning and Happy Saturday to all!

Donna, I missed Donna..How could I miss someone so important!!!!!

Daddy's Birthday - Page 2 By Tishd

Edited by Tishd on 03-31-12 07:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-31-12 07:08 AM
In response to Tishd

One more, then I have to go out and get the mail and come back and play catch up!

Happy Birthday Daddy By Tishd

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Tishd

Good morning all...!!!!
Thank you Cheryl for doing April!

I need to get back to March & cu there too. Computer problems, trying to do taxes, dh had minor surgery Thurs so I was at the hospital all day, and the list never ends.

I"m behind in life at the moment!!! LOL...And my baby turns 34 today! How can that be? I'm only 35....the ramblings of a confused mind!

I'll bb...!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Awww-thanks for remembering me Tish! I feel so special =)

Love your new AVI Anna!!!

Was just browsing thru Zappo's...saw a new Kate Spade bag I really reallyyyyy want *sighs*

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Donna, you should stay away from there!

Terry, DH okay? Thanks for hosting March, I really appreciate y'all putting up the new thread each month.

Pretty pic Anna! lovely!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

The last two Yosemite LOs. Yosemite is---Snow at Tioga Pass By Rockmom

Yosemite is...Scenic Rivers By Rockmom

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Helloooooo chatterboxes!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to dollscrap

Tish & anyone else who is interested = I'm from Tampa, FL (carrollwood area). I've been scrappin' since 1995, I was a regular here a few years back but have severe depression and fall off the wagon for a while.

I'm 43 going on 44, 5foot 8in, been on WW for a year and lost 30lbs. Been married 20yrs this past December 21. Anyone use the Fitbit?

My boys are 8 and 6, they do Isshinryu style karate and are currently orange w/ stripe. Ds2 is on the school team, ds1 did not want to join the team (he says its too much like school). I do kickboxing for exercise and to kick my dh's butt. He does karate too.

No pets, they all died within 6months of each other. I'm not ready to handle a heartache like that. They were old - 15yo black lab, 13yo black lab mix & 17 yo bristly coated Beasley Cat.

Edited by carbphrek on 03-31-12 11:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to carbphrek

butt kicking stacey awesome!

well it another loud day this time it dh he redoing the trim under the gutters it had rotten the trims so he doing house repair we have 1 more roofer coming monday before we pick one order my garden plants and 2 really awesome bird feeds from wind&weather.com they have some great outdoors stuff
hope everyone doing great and having a kick back saturday will cbl
anyone got any number from the mega millions got 2 number on 2 and 1 mega ball on 1

Edited by tealbrand on 03-31-12 11:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to dollscrap

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to tealbrand

Afternoon ladies.

Just checking in.

Tish- I would do a ham, but I can't eat too much of it, and Jessa refuses to eat it. I thought I would try a pork loin.. maybe. It's still up in the air. I don't know if we are staying home or not yet.. We should know by Tuesday/Wednesday. I really don't feel like going out anywhere lol

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to SQ Mandi

I know Denise-I’m trying…not committing to anything right now. With those prices I need to wait for a really good clearance sale! Or….maybe I can just go to the Kate Spade outlet

Hey Stacey…I’m in the Tampa area too! Interested in going to the Orlando Scrapbook Expo in May? Mandi may be going as well as a few other ladies from this site. I’m on WW too! Down 16 pounds since December. Really got to stick to it this time…it works as long as I count those stupid points lol

Hey Mandi..do you have a Sam’s Club membership? They have these awesome turkey loins…they look like pork loins but are made with turkey. They come in different flavors and are delish. I like making my pork with Saucy Susan. It’s like a duck sauce…soooo yummy. They sell it in Publix

I hope all is well with your hubby Terry. Happy birthday to your “baby”!

Hey Jeannie! So when is the next scrappy excursion for you and your sis? There is an expo here in May (hint hint)

Hey Mel! Sounds like you need earplugs lol No Mega Millions here in Florida

I’m a post this real quick before I get a call!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

We don't have a sam's club membership- I do have a BJ's membership. Hubby uses some kind of seasoning on the pork loins. Not sure what it is, I will have to ask him what it is. It tastes kind of like duck sauce but better LOL

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

No nap for me yet.. got some new cardstock yesterday and it was calling my name to play with it...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SQ Mandi

I won the lotto.....SEVEN whole dollars.....wbbl to catch up (already I need to catch up?!) I gotta go see a financial counselor to figure out to do with my big windfall.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-31-12 02:22 PM

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Awww-thanks for remembering me Tish! I feel so special =)

Love your new AVI Anna!!!

Was just browsing thru Zappo's...saw a new Kate Spade bag I really reallyyyyy want *sighs*

I LOVE ZAPPO's....that is where I buy my shoes! Excellent customer service too!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

WOO hoo!! LOL I'd say buy some scrappy stuff- but just 1 bottle of glue and you'd be tapped!
  • dollscrap Said:
I won the lotto.....SEVEN whole dollars.....wbbl to catch up (already I need to catch up?!) I gotta go see a financial counselor to figure out to do with my big windfall.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-31-12 02:23 PM
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:

Well we actually bought ten tickets, and I am afraid we didn't even win seve n dollars. Spend it well!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

WOW, I didn't realize that you all would be on page 2 by the time I got in here this evening and it technically isn't April yet!!

Donna - is there a way to know how many points you can have and a booklet on points for food without have to pay a ridiculous price to join?

I am ACU2H and tired from working. Going to relax and will chat more on my days off. By the way, KENTUCKY WON and goes to the championship game!!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Cheryl-I found this tool to tell you how many points are allowed. This must be for the new WW program (Points Plus) cause when I plugged my info in it gave me more points that I am currently allowed

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/ww-po ...

As far as how to calculate how many points are in your food...I have an app that I use. I found a link for you for a website that you can use though. This is for Points Plus also. http://www.slenderkitchen.com/weight-watchers-point s-pl...

WW has books that list tons of food including fast food and resturants.You may be able to find the books at a good price online or Ebay. Everything I have is from the older program

You can still go onto the WW website for recipes plus there are tons of sites out there for recipes as well. The program really works..but you have to calculate every single morsel that goes in your mouth. I really loved going to the meetings...and thats when I did my best-but just can't afford it right now.

Ahhhhh...Sunday. My day. All about meeee day. The boys are going to watch wrestling tonite so I don't even have to cook. Picked up some sushi for dinner. I'll have the remote control ALL to myself!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

I like to use Exercise4weightloss.com for point values.

I cook those turkey loins in the crockpot, I love a good turkey dinner.

And I did 2 pages this morning before we head off to busch gardens for the afternoon.

Look Ma! By Carbphrek

Grommet By Carbphrek

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

It's April!? Sure doesn't look like it! Not with 3-4 inches of snow out there!
Thanks for hosting,ladies.
@ Anna... Love your new avi!
@ Denise.. I love all of your Yosemite pages! Makes me want to do some more! We live just about an hour north of Yosemite... As the crow flies.... As far as driving, it takes us almost 2 hours to get to the valley in the park. DH and I try to go a 3 to 4 times a year.... And each time I come home with dozens of photos... In fact, one time while strolling thru the valley gift shop I found a scrapbook album with "Yosemite" embossed on the cover....so ya know I just HAD to buy it!...it's almost full!
@Jeannie.... Woo hoo $7!!! What should you buy with it?
@ Cheryl... And woohoo for KU! DH and I both filled out brackets and I have KU going all the way!
@Donna.. Enjoy your "me" day!!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

Katy, that is awesome you live so close to Yosemite and get to go so often. I'd love to take DH there, he would LOVE it. I knew you lived in pretty county, I could tell by your photos. WOuld you share some of your Yosemite photos/LOs with us, I'd LOVE to see 'em.

WE were in the upper 80s yesterday it was hot and humid working outside but I got the front flowerbed cleared and ready to go. I can tell you I am sore, sore.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to carbphrek

Stacey...that was so sad that all your pets passed away around the same time.
Donna I love the days when I have the remote to myself. I can understand your joy.
Very lazy today..went to dinner last night and got kinda sick afterwards..feeling pookie as dh calls it...so today although I feel better I am LAZY...really want to scrap though...can't seem to get off this chair.
It POURED here yesterday....outside windows and car are now clean lol. It is clear today but COLD..winter is finally here lol.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to dollscrap

Katy-snow? Its heading into summer over here. I remember last year it snowed like almost in July for you...or so it seemed like July lol

I hope you feel better Jeannie!

Spend an hour in the hot tub and laid in the sun for a bit...finished the paper book I was reading. Hubby is working on opening up the pool-should be ready in a week or so. Yay! Pool time!

Dropping off these 2 then gonna take a shower. The boys will be leaving in a few minutes...time for me to catch up on Gossip Girl!

Thanksgiving 2011 By DittoBabyGirl

Christmas 2011 By DittoBabyGirl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Donna, what's the weather like in Fl in November? My DD wants to know.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

This year it was pretty warm...still in the 80's. We had a hot winter. Last year it was colder...in the 60's. I guess it depends on what Mother Nature feels like sending us

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
This year it was pretty warm...still in the 80's. We had a hot winter. Last year it was colder...in the 60's. I guess it depends on what Mother Nature feels like sending us

LOL right!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

OK, Denise...you asked for it...(wasn't there a TV show on YEARS ago called "You asked for it!"?..anyway...here are some of my early Yosemite layouts...(BOY HAS MY STYLE CHANGED OVER THE YEARS!!) I guess I didn't put my recent ones in my "Yosemite" album....
Yosemite 1992 By Scrapkaty

...and another...
A Walk on the Wild side By Scrapkaty

..another...there is a journaling tag hidden behind the photo on the left.."Shortly after several spring storms had passed through the region, we knew the falls would be full and running. Lloyd and I decided to take a drive to Yosemite to see the falls. We are so lucky to be able to live so close to see such natural beauty..It's like Heaven on Earth."
Yosemite By Scrapkaty

and another one....
Yosemite By Scrapkaty

and the last one....sorry it's kinda dark....
Yosemite Park By Scrapkaty

and you all don't have to leave comments on these...Denise just wanted me to share some of my Yosemite layouts....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

Donna - thanks for the info. I will check it out Tuesday on my day off.

Katy - SNOW???? It was 88 degrees here today.

I am all caught up for tonight. I work again tomorrow and then I can have some scrappy days!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks Katy, I sure enjoyed your photos and LOs!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Good morning *eyes half open*

Have I ever mention I despise getting up early?

Goin for my first PT session this morning. I'm tireddddd...don't wannaaaaa goooooo

Ok...enough whining-time for coffe

So...I just realized I put the wrong year on my Thanksgiving lo. Someone had posted how nice it was I was celebrating early...I was wondering why she said that lol

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to rockmom

Morning. I am working on catching up. This past November was a little chillier than I would have liked here in Florida. I actually needed to break out the kids winter coats and hats this year.

I am sitting here waiting for my coffee to finish brewing. I think my coffee pot is on it's last leg. What normally takes 7 minutes to brew is now taking about 20??? Yuck!

Got tabs open, off to catch up in the galleries. Sorry I am so far behind.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Dropping off my first DT Layout. TFL!!

My Girl *Color me scrappy DT work* April 2011 Challenge 1 By SQ Mandi

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning all!

Thanks for the avi love!

We bought 20 lottery tickets but didn’t even come close. We rarely play either.

Hi Stacey! It’s nice to meet you! Congrats on the weight loss! So sorry about your pets. It’s tough to lose one but to lose them all so close together is even worse! Thanks for sharing that WW link too. I live in southwest Virginia and I have done WW before. Need to get back on it.

Terry, how’s the hubbs doing? And the bathroom remodel?

Donna, thanks for the weight links!

Had a very busy weekend. Got all new light fixtures for the kitchen and dining room and all new hardware for the cabinets. Fixtures are up and working and dh got half of the hardware changed. Still waiting for the counter tops and the floor/wall guy. Getting impatient!

No scrappy time right now. Just too much going on right now. I do have some cards in the works so hopefully I can get them finished.

Have a great day ladies!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

I was on a weight loss wagon before I got pregnant with Tali- and after I had her. I am currently off of it but some time in May-June I will be jumping back on.

These are some before/during pics.
Weight loss pics By SQ Mandi

Beautiful Journey By SQ Mandi

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to SQ Mandi

Hello Ladies.. I am all caught up to here. I am working on a layout right now I started it yesterday and now I'm working on it at work.. It's of my Angel Alex his 20 th birthday would be this Saturday so I am making a layout of him.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Charisma3103

Welcome back Janie!

I'm back form PT. I really enjoyed it and he showed me some home exercises to do. The streching felt great. It felt so good to actually get in some aerobic exercise too....he had me ride this bike that had a bench instead of a regular seat so it didn't hurt my butt lol. He gave me some big rubber bands to use at home

I'm actually gonna get one of them bikes for home. We stopped at Sears to look on the way home. I have a real bike but it's still dark in the morning when I can workout plus they drive like lunatics down here so I don't feel safe riding in the street.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

donna that sound like a great work out,
i am doing a walk deal up and down the street in the evening when the work crews are gone,too many freak over here

had a great weekend dh got alots done now we need to pick a roofer the last came over this morning at 9 it a company dh boss know and he told dh if the roofer cost more then what we got he kick in the rest, awesome

need to scrap something maybe tomorrow kind of lazy today and just a little noise today they are working down the street another pretty day here with some rain that not here but across town waiting for my plants to get here we did treat the grass will cbl
welcome back janie
anna cute avatar

Edited by tealbrand on 04-02-12 08:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to tealbrand

welcome back Janie

glad the PT felt good Donna

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

denise what did you start your cucumber with seeds or plants,never try these thinking about getting some seeds any brand or hybird

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-02-12 11:45 AM

Donna, I would like a bike to exercise on here at home! I had to have some PT for quite a few weeks, and it mostly was stretches and then the rubber bands. They also used what was called "TENS" I think on my back (lower back) That felt so good!!!!

What was the bike called? I mean the brand? Might look into them myself in Sears!

Do you have a HOT TUB!!!! That would make my back feel GOOD!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-02-12 11:51 AM
In response to tealbrand

Hi Mel...wish you lived closer, I would go walking with you. I could walk up and down my road, but the traffic goes by here so fast that it scares me, so I need to get off my duff and drive up to school and use their track. It is only a mile up the road.

Does anyone have any plans for Easter? Going anywhere, or family coming to your house?

I have invited some of our family, but it is too hard for my out of state sons to travel since they have to be back at work on Monday. I do know I will have my son, John and son, Tim and their children, not sure about the girls yet, still waiting to hear! I didn't realize Easter came so soon!

Anna, I always talk about what I am going to do when I win the lottery! LOL....Of course it would help if I bought tickets!!!! I do not buy the on any regular basis!

Well, I just stopped in to catch up. I do think I am caught up for April, but not sure if I finished up in March! If I can find my way back, I will go look!

It is a cool 45 degrees here today....I can't wait for the grass to turn green and the flowers to grow!

Grandkids should be getting off here soon!

Hi Janie! I don't think I have met you!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Tishd

Mel, I use seeds for the MarketMore variety last year and they were good so I used them again this year.

cucumber seedlings for Mel. By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Vinca for Jeannie By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

silly kitty By Rockmom

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Hey Tish! This is the bike I bought at Sears: https://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0 0621973000P

It's a Nordictrack Recumbent GX 4.0. On sale for $399...used my Discover to get 5% back. I did some quick research and it got good reviews. It felt good too...nice and sturdy

I do have a hottub...will be going in it as soon as Apple calls. I upgraded my iPad to IOS 5.1 and now my battery is draining sooooo fast! For those of you with iPad 2's....don't upgrade til they get a fix for the battery issue!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

I've been peeling my bum out of bed every morning at 6am to head out for a walk/run 3-4miles. I'm hoping it will kickstart some weight loss. I've been stuck at the same weight for 7 months! I track, I exercise (a variety), drink min of 8 glasses of water, go to weekly meetings...

Dh wants to visit his parents over in St. Augustine, its going to be a fun Easter...I can go for long walks on the beach.

Off to the gallery

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to carbphrek

DO2

ZION By Rockmom

IMPACT! By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 04-02-12 06:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to carbphrek

Good evening!! No chatting for me tonight. I am watching KENTUCKY. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Anna, between DH and I we bought 12 lottery tickets.... Won diddly-squat.
Janie... Welcome back!
Mel, that's so nice of your dh's boss!!
Donna, did I hear you whining about having to go to PT? Aren't ya glad you went? And you enjoyed it!
Tish, it'll be just DH and I for Easter dinner. Like your kids, mine all have to work the next day, and our closest lives 2 hours away.
Denise, I love your vincas! Several years ago we tried planting some out front, but our dog and his buddy decided they didn't like where I planted them and took it upon themselves to re-arrange the plants....upside down and shredded ..
Cheryl,,,,, Go Kentucky!!!!! They are on fire!
Psssssst!, tomorrow (Tuesday) is my sister's birthday....she's 29......again!

uh oh...

Oh, um, hi sis!!! Happy birthday!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

KENTUCKY won. We are the NCAA CHAMPS!!!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Caught up on love. Tomorrow will further catch up on the yakkity yak....couldn't get on here very much today.

Katy it was fun seeing those layouts again.

I'm in the One pic layout challenge poll against some stiff competition...you told me to tell you when I got in a poll again.
I won't blame y'all if you want to vote for one of the others cuz they're lovely....nope won't blame you at all...won't ever speak to you again but I definitely won't blame you.......
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-02-12 11:42 PM
In response to dollscrap

Well of course I would vote for your layout, you silly woman! I just did! It was beautiful!

Edited by Tishd on 04-02-12 11:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Tishd

Morning!

I hear someones having a 29th Birthday today....

Happy Birthday Jeannie!!!!!

I hope you have a fantabulous day! Congrats on making the poll-I voted for ya

Stacey made the multipic poll-yay Stacey!

I'm looking forward to Easter. My hubby is off and we are going to our cousins house up in Ocala. We'll start the day with our annual Easter egg hunt (plastic eggs). I kinda hinted around to Patrick to see if he was still anticipating the hunt (he IS 17)hes like Ma...its tradition-you can't break tradition. I'm excited that I don't have to cook, the weather is supposed to be nice and they have a built in pool

Saint Augustine is beautiful Stacey-enjoy!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

wow thank denise i will try growing some
this is the month for me to start we got this big storm coming so it be next week after all the rain and hail nice looking plants

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

WOO HOO

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Scrapkaty

happy birthday sweet jeannie hope you have 1 awesome day with lots of great gifts send me your addy for a late gift

Edited by tealbrand on 04-03-12 04:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to dollscrap

i am doing that this round also,you know iam a one pic gurl

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

wish i was going with you,
suppose to be going to springtown for my 2little sister home for easter just hope the weather here is great so my dgk can have their easter hunt,sam have some really cute plastic eggs with candy already in them some shape like little chick and rabbit

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Good MORning Ladies!!!!

Well I found my way here... I have much to catch up on!!

Denise...Loving the Zion and Yosemite is LO's!!! I see Katy has spent some wonderful time there too!!

Terry, Thank you for hosting March... Cheryl, thank you for hosting April!!! Excited about another month...means warmer temps, longer days, higher sun!!!! YAY!!!!

What a busy w/e!!! Friday, spent all day getting things together for DS Andrew to take to his apartment. Packed to go North and left here about 5:00 p.m. Got to the campground about 9:30, unpacked, had a little bite to eat and then went right to bed. Saturday and Sunday was spent cleaning out the camp at the bog. We made 4 trips to and from camp to campground. It's only 5 miles...but Lordy...literally over hill, mountain and dale, rutting dirt roads and frost heaves made riding in the truck pretty rough. But it's done!!!!! Camp is all set for the new owner...YAY!!! I'm sad we had to let it go...but she was sold to a Dear friend of ours...which means...we get to go and VISIT!!!! The camp is right on the trail system too, so we'll be passing by.
Yesterday we took Hannah to her new school. LMAO... sorry but we had a communication problem...Wild Bill asked, How many kids are in Hannah's class? The principle responded, Nine. Bill asked again, No, I wasn't asking how many homerooms, how many students? The principle simply dead-panned faced said, Nine. Hannah will make, be number Ten. There are now a total of ten students in the seventh grade. Everyone seemed very nice...the school was very impressive...especially for the limited amount of students!!! Three of her teachers live off of the same road as we do. I find this hysterical...I myself, am from a small town....but not this small!! I love it!!! This is going to be great!

Hubby's back is much better!!! YAY!!! Next week is Easter...and then we will move. Hannah will finish her third term here and as luck has it...she WILL be on vacation the third week of April in NH...So she'll be able to help unpack and set up her own room! Still have a couple follow up calls to make today regarding utilities...and I need to clear out the kitchen gradually throughout the week... but other than that...everything is taken care of. Just the big heavy things need to be moved.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

Happy Birthday Jeannie!!!!!!!!! I voted for your beautiful LO!!!

Yay Cheryl!!!! wild cats win!!!!

Hi Mel!!! Good luck with your plants!!! I'm dying to get a garden going at the campground!!! Did some clean up of the flowers around the cabins. Have a LOT of landscaping to do...Hoping it looks good come May 15th, (seasonal opening day).

Hey Tishy!!! Happy belated birthday to Tim!!! Love the pics of him with Abby and Max!!

Anna, Love your new avi!!!

Good morning to Cathe, Terry, Donna and everyone else!!! Sorry, I just can't remember everybody...need to get caught up and refresh me memory!!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Morning. Happy Birthday Jeannie.

Dealing with Leandra's school this morning. Leandra's been getting bullied, threatened and harassed, and her school has refused to do anything about it. Yesterday the girl doing the bullying pushed Leandra up against a brick wall and Leandra has a mark on her lip/face from it. I am not tolerating this at all.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

Morning everyone.
Its a beautiful, warm & humid morning in Tampa.

Mandi - That's nutz! the school needs to be dealing with this before it escalated to shoving & pushing. My boys school does not let bullying "slip-by". Hugs to Leandra.

Jojo - I'm tired from just reading about your busy day.

Happy Birthday Jeannie.
Of course I voted for you. I LOVE that pic of you.

Mel - good luck on the roof, home modeling is more stressful than getting married.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to carbphrek

Stacey- when this happened yesterday, Leandra, being upset slipped and called the girl the "B" word. Leandra got written up for that, but the girl did not get any trouble/write ups or even talked to by the Principal. it's total BS. The girl has pulled some of Leandra's hair out- left this mark on her face, pushed her into the lockers, and so much more. A group of about 10 kids went yesterday to complain about this girl and nothing happened. I didn't even get a phone call saying my daughter had been assulted.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning girlfriends!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANNIE! Congrats on the poll and I voted for you too!

Voted for Stacey too and JoJo is in the two pic challenge. Voted for her too! Congrats ladies!

Congrats to all of the Kentucky fans! Cheryl, I know you are excited about the win!

Cheryl, that Bengals cheerleader that’s in the news….was she teaching anywhere near you? She was on Anderson some time ago and denied all of this but it appears there is a lot more to this story.

Mandi, good luck with your weight loss!

So sorry about what is happening with Lendra. Please get the school to deal with it. Just last week, there was a nine year old boy here that committed suicide over bullying. NINE YEARS OLD! It did not happen in our county schools, but in the county right next door to us. It has affected so many of us to think that a nine year was dealing with so much. And to make the situation even sadder, the family was in the process of moving due to job transfer. So sad.

Hi Janie and welcome back!

Donna, I sometimes ride a bike like that at the Y. I don’t think I could ride it with the other seat. However, the spin class is very popular at our Y.

Tishd, we rarely play the lottery. I’ve always considered it a waste of money. There was a winner in our town. They had five numbers(?) correct and won $250,000. The winner has not come forward yet. It was on the front page of the daily paper here this morning.

Denise, I love your avi! Did you take the photo?

I did make it to my scrap space last night and did some Easter cards. All the same design, but I did get two done and one in the works. I'm beginning to have scrap withdrawals now.

Have a lovely day!

Edited by Anna C on 04-03-12 05:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Oh Mandi I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's run in with the bully. Did you take pictures of Leandra's face? I guess her school needs to take another look at their policy, or lack of policy.

Happy Birthday Terry!

JoJo, the school I taught at for 35 years ended up having very small classes. The kids were thrilled when a new student moved in. Hope Hannah finds a good friend.

Cheryl YHEA for Kentucky.

Hi to all.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Took pics.. went down to the school. They refused to talk to me. I called the police to file a report- they told me I have to speak with the school's Deputy, I can not file a report through them. Talked to the schools Deputy and was told the school is investigating it, so you can't file a report. It's a crock- My daughter gets threatened and gets assulted and no one will do anything. When I called the school- before deciding to drive down there... they told me, in their exact words "It's not our problem". So now I am trying to figure out who to call? child protective?

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Oh Mandi-so sorry to hear that. Kids can be little....hmmm...they can be so MEAN. I would NOT tolerate that at all. Bring it higher up the chain if you have to. When my son was 4 1/2..just started kindergarden, there were 3 kids (older)on his bus that thought it was fun to torment him. I called the school to report it-nothing, spoke to the bus driver-nothing, called the school again yet the bullying continued. So me being an italian mom from Brooklyn had a lil "chat" with the 3 boys who were tormenting my baby. Yeah-they left him alone after that. I hate bullys-lots of times their parents are even worse

Psssttt....Cathe-its Jeannies birthday, not Terry's =)

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

Geesh school, Wth if the school keeps letting this girl get away with bullying she's only going to escalate the threats & violence. I would be spending the day at school by Leandra's side & giving the bully the stink eye.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to carbphrek

Oh I saw her the other day when I went to the school to pick Leandra up at the end of the day. While waiting in the parent pick up line, she flipped me off. I reported that to the school to and nothing was done.

Donna- I am an Italian mom too, but unfortunately, the way kids are here.. Me having a "talk" with the kid will result in me being put in jail for harassment. (Yea.. they call the police for me telling some one to leave my kid alone, but my kid gets assulted and nothing is done) ..I really am starting to dislike Florida schools.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Happy birthday Jeannie!!!

Mandi - Is there another school you could send her to? Do you know the parents of the other children that were complaining? If enough of you banned together the school would not be able to ignore it. Just a suggestion!

Anna - no that cheerleader/teacher was in Northern Kentucky and I am in Western Kentucky.

Jody - glad you got so much accomplished this weekend. I can't imagine only 10 children in a classroom. I would think that would be rather refreshing!!

I voted on everyone's entries!!

Good morning to everyone else I didn't specifically mention

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks for all the birthday wishes all my sweet friends...I do appreciate it...lol Donna...yes it is my 29th..again.
Dh is out of town til Friday so we are going out then or Sarturday night...somewhere different. Roni works til noon today then we are going out to lunch and this is VIcki's first day back to school after spring break so she will be gone from noon til 8. My bff and I were gonna go out but she got sick..in pain. Soooo all I can say about that is I GET THE REMOTE!!!!! Happy Birthday to me. Oh and I see where dh is trying to sell a brand new kindle on facebook...lol...I think there is a Fire in my future.

Mandi, I cannot believe in this day and age that poor Leandra has to go through this. So often the schools either go overboard or do nothing. Write to your local pp...to the letters to the editor section. When Roni was being bullied in 6th grade the principal took it seriously and it stopped with an apology from the boy...and this was just name calling.

Donna Love that your son wants to continue the tradition..especially as a teen. Have fun.

Denise love the lovely vincas!

Congratulations to Stacey and Jojo for making the polls. Thanks for voting for me Ladies. I appreciate it.

And Jojo....you win the BUSY WOMAN prize...I'm pooped just reading your posts. Hope your dd loves her school.

Mel I hope that storm blows right through so you can get started planting..it was pretty here yesterday but today it's just too chilly...but I am going to go out and buy some vincas and whatever else strikes my fancy.

My dogs are acting weird so I think I will run around outside with them for a bit..get 'em all pooped out.
bbl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Happy birthday Jeannie! I also voted for your LO. It is well worthy of the vote! Will go check out the rest shortly.

Welcome back to sb.com Jo.

My oldest and her friend were in 7th grade and going down a flight of stairs when some kids that were known to bully pushed them. DD's friend broke her leg and her arm went through a window and was cut, not badly but still cut. DD had a few little bumps - she wasn't the target her friend was. They (the school) did ....are ya ready, nothing. School board replaces that principal the next year. I could just go on and on about public schools and the misery we had with them with DD1 but I will not rant. End of the story I homeschooled the youngest two. Gave us freedom to study what we wanted, and travel with DH some and enjoy the kids sports. DD was a competitive gymnast and DS played Baseball and Tae Kwon Do. It allowed him to go to classes during the day so he could play baseball in the evening. DD graduated college suma cum laude and is a PT, yes she tortures people, and DS is about to graduate with a business degree this summer and he has NO debt, worked as he went and paid his way as did DD. Homeschooling is NOT for everyone but it worked for us. I am an organized person and disciplined so it was easy.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to SQ Mandi

Mandi - that girl is a winner, I see in her future. The apple does not fall far from that family tree, I'm sure.

I've did a few pages this morning along with laundry.

The Wrong Tooth By Carbphrek
Campy By Carbphrek

Pack 9 By Carbphrek

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to carbphrek

Who asked about avi? No I didn't take the photo, I borrowed it off the web.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU2H . . . I have been cleaning and doing laundry. My daughter is working from 11-2 so I am going to run errands with her when she gets back from work. Planning on scrapping this evening.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

mittys, mit mits, aka mittens By Rockmom
mittens, another scrappy helper By Rockmom

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to rockmom

Mandi do not back down.... Keep on them till they actuallt do something because my son Alex committed suicide at the age of 13 because of bullies, my mission in life is to prevent another parent form going through my pain. Find ouut where the kid lives talkto the parents tell them you will press charges. Threaten the school with Press tell them you will bring the press in. Believe me they don't want negative publicity.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

• Charisma3103 Said:
Mandi do not back down.... Keep on them till they actuallt do something because my son Alex committed suicide at the age of 13 because of bullies, my mission in life is to prevent another parent form going through my pain. Find ouut where the kid lives talkto the parents tell them you will press charges. Threaten the school with Press tell them you will bring the press in. Believe me they don't want negative publicity.

Hugs, Janie. Hugs.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to rockmom

Hugs Janie, you are so strong.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to carbphrek

MEL! Ar you OKAY? Tornados in Ft Worth, multiple accounts, damage. One was mile from DD and now there's another one seemingly on top of them as far as I can tell. She hung up on to go get her babies into the hallway. Scary!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Whew, it has passed them and they are okay, hope Mel is.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

it really bad,storm keep rolling in and stopping and startin again,need to get off will cbl

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to tealbrand

Hi girls. It has been a long day. I did call child protective- they are now involved. Possibly charging the school with "Endangering the wellfare of a minor and neglect". I did find out where the girl lives.. I went to her house to speak with her parents.. Both parents..ha.. well lets just say I can see where she gets her "tude" from. The mother said well if your daughter wasn't so fat, my daughter wouldn't have a reason to pick on her, and the father threatened to kick my butt. They both said I had no right getting involved and to let our kids "duke it out" HECK NO!

I have a head ache.. going to take my fioricet and lay down for a bit with Natalia. I will be back later some time.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

*hugs* I am so sorry.

I will be damned if it goes any further (sorry for saying dam ned ). If there are no results by tomorrow morning when I go back to the school I will be pulling her out and homeschooling her for the rest of the year.

• Charisma3103 Said:

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to SQ Mandi

Mel - hope your house makes out in one piece & your family too.

Mandi- no surprise there. Adult bullies, I see them everyday.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to carbphrek

Thanks ladies it's been almost 7 years and it still feels like yesterday I'm still trying to wrap my head around that he would be 20 on Saturday.

Mandi do what you gotta do. Hey tell your daughter to hit back so what she gets suspended at least they know not to pick on her believe me the 3 I have at home know they are allowed to hit back. The school knows I won't take there chit because they do nothing.. Zero tolerance my foot...

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hugs Mandi! I hope you see results in the morning. On a brighter note, I saw some of Melissa's layouts using your sketches. Her layouts are wonderful. May have to use them myself when I get back to scrapping.

Denise, I asked about the avi. I thought maybe you took the photo. It is very nice.

Janie, hugs to you. I can't even imagine your loss and what Saturday will mean to you.

Anybody heard from Terry? I hope her DH is ok.

Mel, glad you and your family are safe and sound. We have been having an off and on thunderstorm since about 3pm.

Night ladies.

Edited by Anna C on 04-04-12 01:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Thanks ladies. No word from the school yet. I will wait until 9am, if they do not call back I will call them and start hounding them.

That's one thing.. I told Leandra that if anyone ever hits her- hit them back, if she gets suspended for defending herself the school can take it up with me. I did find out tonight that the school is known for covering up bullying. They had a teacher last year that was going to go to the school board with the fact that the other admin were covering it up.. 2 days later he was fired.

Anna~ Really? I knew she was doing them, didn't know she posted them! That would be great if you did them too!! Please, let me know if you use any!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Trying to get the picture of my new UK NCAA Champs shirt loaded but it keeps messing up!!

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics