Username Post: APRIL'S New Layouts        (Topic#1573127)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-07-12 11:41 AM
In response to rockmom

You are all going to boot my butt if I don't start keeping up in here better! Please forgive me...Monday things should calm down a bit around here!

I am stopping in quickly to see if anyone of you would be so kind as to put Jojo's Strawberry Trifle recipe here so I can have it. I can't find my way back to the March thread to look for it. I copied it down and can't find it and I want to make it for Easter!

MANDI???? Jojo???? Cheryl???? Cathe???????????

Happy Easter to everyone! Will talk to you soon!

Hugs! Tish

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Tishd

STRAWBERRY TRIFLE

2 pints frozen strawberries thawed
1/2 cup sugar
2 8 oz. cream cheese (room temp)
2 12 oz. cool whip (thawed)
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 10 oz pound cake cut in cubes

Drain berries and save the juice. Beat cream cheese, sugar and OJ juice until smooth. Then fold in cool whip. Toss cubed cake in strawberry juice. Don't let soak...will mush. Place 1/2 cake in large bowl and top with 1/2 cream cheese mixture, then half strawberries. Repeat with other halves. Place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour before serving....YUM!!!!!!!!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Sorry.. Had to pull up the document on my laptop that had it saved! LOL

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

Hi girls. I am just checking in for a second. We are not going to my inlaws house for Easter tomorrow so we came today and had a BBQ. I am just checking in for a sec. The kids have been in the pool ALL day- Natalia just got out after being in for 3 hours and conked out right away in the port a crib. I had some crab legs. YUMMY! Natalia had her first taste of crab,she loved it. We are going to be going home soon, Leandra's friend came with us today, and I have to have her home by 7.

Tomorrow we are having Easter at home, which is good because I am tired lol Hubby is cooking the roast.. and I am making everything else lol

Well.. on that note.. I am gonna run. I will try and be back tonight. Happy Easter everyone!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Just a quick check in from me. We went to my inlaws house this morning only to find that they both have the flu so we didn't stay. We did stay long enough to chat a bit and received the news that my mil might have throat cancer. They found a nodule and want to do a biopsy but she hasn't decided whether she is going to do it or not. I explained why she needed to have it done and she still isn't sure. They are "country" people and don't always believe what doctors say.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

omg happy easter girlfriends

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to tealbrand

JCI from a busy day of hiking through the mangroves, pine trees & oyster beds.

I'm beat and just realized TOMORROW IS EASTER!! I totally forgot to pack my Easter bin of supplies (eggs, misc toys, grass, baskets) so a long drive into the local walmart for some candies & sand buckets. ughhhhh.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to carbphrek

BAck from shopping and my doggies are a barkin'. DD got her shoes and I got her a lightweight wrap and a necklace and bracelet and me a wallet and bag for a carry on. Now to fix dinner. Having grilled chicken breast, broccoli, uncle bens long grain rice, and a green salad.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Mandi....CONGRATS! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby...or just be surprised?

Anna...I love your new avatar! And thanks for the info on Terry. I'm glad to hear they are OK.

Cheryl... I hope your MIL goes in for the biopsy!

DH and I are considering getting new a washer and dryer set.. I'd like to get the front load kind..

Easter will be quiet here..just DH and I..and our cat.. Gonna have a pork loin roast, garlic potatoes, and caulaflower...(cawliflower?) whatever...ya know what I mean!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Anna are you gonna scrap that lovely avi?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Facebook Cover By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a digi:

Hello Spring By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks for the avi love. It was a self portrait taken a few weeks ago; we were using the remote on my camera. I hope to scrap it one of these days.

Have a wonderful Easter ladies!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

One more digi for tonight:

Romantic Spring By Cdjohnson

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to cdjohnson

Katy...we have had quite a few U/S because of the complications. One u/S at 20w said boy, and the next at 22w said girl. Since then baby has been stubborn and has had his/her legs closed. I think we are gonna just let it be a surprise. I do have a gut feeling it is another girl though

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Anna ...love the new avi

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning!! Thought I would check in before heading out to church. Have a Happy and Blessed Easter everyone.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Hoppy Easter! (that was the most heavenly smilie I could find...no flowers..very secular smilies!)

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Happy Easter my friends!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

I'm a queen!!! I'm a a queen! bla bla bla!!!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to dollscrap

LOL Congrats Jeannie..where is the tiara?

Boys are not cooperating for Easter pics so here's a picture from yesterday. I made dh take some pics of me, I'm rarely in them and I want some of me too.

A picture of me By Carbphrek

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

I bow in your queenly royal presence!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to dollscrap

Happy Easter friends!
Congrats Sis on making Queen..... So do I call you Queenie Jeannie" now?

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

I decree a tax must be collected from all of my peeps....in lieu of gold I will accept scrapcrap.
Queenie will do, Princess Kathleen.
Thank you Countess Denise..you may arise and for your kind words..you are now tax exempt.
I am wearing my tiara now, Lady Tracey. It fits magnificently.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to dollscrap

DOO...
chef Jordan By Scrapkaty

...so, I only have to post about 15,517 times and I'll be a queen!

Guess I'd best get crackin'!!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

Evening,

Jeannie - congrats on becoming Queen!

I am popping in really quick. Recovering from our yummy dinner and dessert.

My loaner laptop, for some reason, stopped working tonight. Still waiting to get my laptop to come back from repair. On hubbies netbook right now but it's soooooooo slllloooooooow. If you don't see much of me the next few days, you know why. LOL

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to SQ Mandi

Hello!!! Happy Easter Gals!!!
One more week...agh!!! It's down to the wire now...I'm going to be very busy the next few days. With that said, I'll probably be in only late at night if I'm not sleeping. After Friday..I'l be absent till I get set up in north country. I'm DYING to scrap....having withdrawls!! LOL!!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday... I'm suppose to have our Easter dinner Wednesday....( yeah, me cooking) We'll see,,,My thinking is...going out to eat with the whole ******** family. Makes more sense to me...

Mandi...congratulations!!! Hoping from now till May, things are alot more calmer, you've been through alot with sickness and such. Commend you on your ability to deal with it all. Any word on the bully situation???
Oh thanks for stepping up and posting the recipe for Tishy...I didn't see it till on my way home today...and totally goofed it up...told her 2 tblsp orange juice instead of three, 1/4 cup of sugar instead of 1/2...oiy!!! I was trying to tell her off the cuff...didn't do to good! I make it all the time, you'd think I'd know it!

Queenie Jeannie...well hello bequeathed!!! LOL!! You must scrap thyself in royal garb and crown...Show we princesses your coronation... LOL!!!

Anna, loving the new avi!!! great pic to scrap, thanks for news on Terri, glad things are OK, that she is just busy with life....

OK gals, time for bed...maybe I'll see you tomorrow!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Jojo Noons

Jojo, are you getting photos of your moving activities? I always forget until its too late, kinda like me asking you now is too late! Good luck for a smooth move and transition.

Came inside with a raised hot rash on my forearms, musta got into somethin'. A good washing with soap and water, a dousing with hydrocortizone cream and a benadryl. Hope it helps soon! Good news is I am making progress with the front yard. Oh I got a sunbutn on my neck just sitting in the car yesterday. I am so pale it just takes a high wattage lightbulb to butn me. lol

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Hello my dear friends! And Happy Easter even tho it's late at night. I'm sooooo sorry for not checking in but when I get into tax mode the world around has to shut down. Because I ran a business out of the house, everything has to be categorize, balanced, proven, etc. A friggin' major headache! DH pokes his head in every night and asks if its time for me to cook!
And thanks for the concern for him too. He's doing great, wounds are in very tender areas but are healing nicely.
And I leave tomorrow morning for 6 days with my sister. so in the midst of everything else, I was trying to plan a vacation.
I promise!!!! I swear that I will leave all the love possible starting april 17th! I love the LOs, and all the chatter. But I haven't packed, I have a bathroom & kitchen yet to clean. As Donna says ---OIY!

Queen Jeannie--how did you get the throne? I didn't see that.... And Happy Belated birthday my friend!
Katy---Snow???? We finally got a 60 deg day up here. I'm hoping the tulips N of Seattle took it as their day to bloom.
Mandi---do not let those idiots brush you asided with this bullying stuff. I agree with everyone!
Denise--I laughed at how you pulled out the holly bushes. I did the same thing with our ATV--best gardening buddy I've come across. Love the LOs too.
Cheryl--how is Priscilla liking her job so far?
Janie--I have for a couple years wondered about Alex and I'm soooo sorry you had to live thru that. I cannot image the pain!
Donna---what's up? Did you get the purse?
Tish--wonderful digi's! Hope all is well up there. Tell Anne hi for me....I never made it back the VLB thread. Couldn't keep up.
JO- glad everything is going well up at the campground!
Mel--are your planting a full garden or just a patio garden. So glad the tornadoes miss your area too!
Stacey--nice to meet you too!

Ok ladies: here's the requested sketch:
sketch By Abby0317

Hope everyone has a great week and I'll be back Tues the 17th. We are going to Victoria BC, then over the Anacortes WA & the tulip fields in Mt Vernon, then spending a day messing around Seattle, seeing the DS1 & family & then back home. She'll leave Monday and come tuesday I'm scrapping!!!!
Love to you all---

Edited by Abby0317 on 04-08-12 08:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Oh goody the sketch I forgot!! Hi Terry glad to see ya! Have a marvelous trip!!

Here is my latest did it a couple days ago but had to wait to post it...for the Round Robin challenge.
Le Baiser (the Kiss) By Dollscrap

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

Morning

JoJo..I love the recipe so No problem.

Terry..the bully situation is being handled by my attorney now.

Having a rough morning...been up since 3am. Woke up sweating bdly and really hot. Mind you, my central air was on and it was 67 degrees in here....havent been able to get back to sleep

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning ladies!!

For our new queen Jeannie -

Terry - thanks for posting the sketch. I hope to get to it today or tomorrow.

Laundry (seems like it never ends) and some more cleaning out of closets today.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to rockmom

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Poppin in quick...as I chug some coffee to get me running...

Denise...yep, I've gotten some pics here and there. Boxes taking up room in the livingroom...a loaded trailer...which made it up north of all furniture we brought up this past w/e. Not many but a few...My camera is always handy, however... if only I could remember to charge my batteries once in a while...then I might of had more! DUH!

Mandi...hope everything is OK and being hot is just a hormonal variable...and passes.

Tishy...sounds like you had a great time with your family! Wonderful pics on FB!!! Sorry I wasn't able to "get" the recipe to you...My phone doesn't work up north. Only when I get half way home do I "come into range" and am able to check emails, FB, and SB...Then I gave you the wrong info...and late!!! Luckily Mandi came to your rescue...Hope you were able to make it and it was a hit!!!

Terri...nice to hear from you...life does get busy, doesn't it!! Hope all is going well and you can relax on your trip. Sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Mel...soo happy the construction is down the street from you now so you can "hear" the peace and quiet!!! WooHoo on your new roof!! If you come north, we would love to have you stay with us!!!

Donna...when is your cruise??? As much as I have going on right now...I can't help but think....at times, I just want to escape and be on the pOOp deck, sunning myself with an umbrella'd alcoholic concoction, in a coconut, the size of a pumpkin!! Daydreaming is my way of evading the mess I'm cleaning as I go through this house!! LOL!!!

Hello, Cheryl, Cathe, Katy, Jeannie, Anna and everyone...I don't mean to forget anyone...my mind is on the fritz....flitting between what I want to do and what needs to be done... Suddenly I jsut feel soo far behind...I've done soo dang much for months...and yet...there...still...is... so...much!!!!

OK...time to get going...Have a great day Ladies!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning everyone...just stopping by while I drink my am coffee.
Anna--I forgot last night in my hurry to get a post up that I absolutely love your new avi! I'm going to get DH to do one with me!
Cheryl--She is adorable! I need to figure out how to get smilies in a post that aren't the ones here. Do they have to be in your gallery to do that?

Hope everyone has a great great day! And week....
(I told DH last night I wanted to take MY Ipad with me and you would have thought I told him his dog died! I swear I'm getting him his own just as soon as I can!!!!)

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

doo this one and going back to leave some love and comment

class of 04* By Tealbrand

inside the card By Tealbrand

friends forever* By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 04-09-12 01:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

LOL Terry, get the man his own toy! Thanks for posting the sketch and oh, you missed an exemption, you are hereby exempt from posting on my LOs while in tax season and on vacation!

Mandi, are you okay? Now I know you are preggers I am concerend about you!

Gotta go water the garden, then I am going to scrap a bit.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Good morning all. Hope you all had a great day yesterday.
Thanks or the funny smilie, Cheryl.
Hope your last month of pregnancy goes well Mandi..take it easy...are you hoping for a boy this time?
Dh is sending back the kindle and getting me the Fire instead..and when we upgrade our phones, we're getting smart phones..probably iPhones...so happy camper here...he saw the error of his ways and laughs about it now...he meant well.
Jo could you please send some of your energy to me?
Denise hope your rash went away.
It's supposed to rain all week starting tomorrow..dang it..I really want to plant flowers...the following week I am come hell or high water.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

Morning girls.. Well, afternoon really!

Denise- I am okay.. have just been vegging out on the couch with the girls (Jessa and Natalia). After my rude awakening this morning I needed to relax a bit. Jessa is home today because of an incident that happened on Friday.. we have a meeting with the Super, Principal and her guidance councilor tomorrow.

Jeannie~ Honestly it doesn't matter if it is a boy or girl to me as long as he/she is healthy.. I have 4 girls and 1 boy now and my boy is my most difficult child (Other than the teenage stuff with Leandra)

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Dropping one off

Await By SQ Mandi

(Yes, finally- a pregnancy layout lol) I do have a few done, just never uploaded them.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

Dropping off a double.

Organ Pipe National Monument By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Terry - no the icons do not have to be in your gallery to use them. I just googled queen icons and there was a link to use on forums to copy and paste.

I have finsihed 3 loads of laundry, tidied up the kitched and cleaned out one hall closet so far. I am going to take a break and have some lunch. Probably will save my other hall closet for tomorrow since it is PACKED!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning ladies!

I'll BBL to catch up on everything. We had a wonderful Easter at our cousins house. Had lots of yummy food and wine, the weather was perfect. We ate and swam all day =)

Just dropping off these 2 real quick-then gonna make lunch for my boys. Patrick stayed home from school today-has really bad sunbur/sun poisoning from the beach Saturday

I did it AGAIN on this lo-put 2012 instead of 2011 lol

MGM 2011 By DittoBabyGirl

Brrrrrr 2011 By DittoBabyGirl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DittoBabyGirl

another double.

Sunset Crater National Monument By Rockmom

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

acu2h

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Anna C

Afternoon everyone
I am so tired..need a vacation after a vacation.

Here is a few pages, oh how I missed scrapping a few pages everyday.

Nature Walk By Carbphrek

Trick or Treat By Carbphrek

Airport Tour By Carbphrek

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to carbphrek

trying to get 1964 finished

Forest Lawn Museum :The Crucifixion" by Jan Styka By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 04-09-12 01:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to dollscrap

your highness

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to carbphrek

cute pic

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to tealbrand

just a couple more LOs to finish 1964.

LA - Los Angeles By Rockmom

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Geez I was gone a day and a half...well almost two and there is so much to catch up on.

Easter day was beautiful here. It was so much fun watching the grandkids find their Easter baskets and eggs.

I won't be around tomorrow. but I'll be in to chat longer and get to all the galleries real soon. I haven't forgotten anyone.

I bow to queen Jeannie!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

happy late easter wish had a great day mel did her easter hunt real early before the storm hit and it was a bad storm lighting and thunder had a great dinner that dh fix i mess up on the pin it to win it,i fogot to fill out the contest form oh well maybe next time,
terry happy you are okay i am growing in containers because my wandering jew has taken over what little side yard i have so i do container i am gettin a earthbox from earthbox.com
to try this year i usely use big flower pots and bucket the big white one
mandi take care and keep us inform!
jo take pics and keep us inform also!
will see you ladies tomorrow it time for dinner

Edited by tealbrand on 04-10-12 06:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

We (being me) wish to thank you for your accolades.

Very interesting chat and layouts.

Mel good luck with your Earthbox. What will you do about the wandering jew?
I have I have 20 various pots and wine barrels to fill PLUS the borders.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

ACU2H . . . had so much fun with Ryan this afternoon. We had a "photo shoot" in the flower bed.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Mel, I heard those storms were strong adn that it just poured. Rain is good just not oo much at once.

Jeannie, you crack me up! and Yeh, it is a cemetary but also has a musuem. The founder wanted a happy take on death as he believed in life after death so he created a beautiful serene setting and flat headstones so it wasn't just a rock yard.

Cheryl, a photo shoot in the flower bed- what a novel idea!

Hiya Cathe.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

ACU on the lovin...now to backtrack and try to catchup on the chatter lol

Why do the weekends go SO fast??

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Morning ladies.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Dropping two off, and off to an appointment. I will catch up in the gallery on my way down. It's over an hours drive so friend is driving me.
my love, so Precious- Natalia Rose By SQ Mandi

Easter 2012 By SQ Mandi

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning!! I am just now REALLY working on my New Year's Resolution to get back to exercising FAITHFULLY and back to eating better. About time, huh!! I was going to start out with Wii Fit Plus today but had no batteries for my board so I did Wii Zumba instead. Last night before I went to bed, I made some healthy muffins to have for breakfast. They are called Pineapple Upside Muffins and they are FULL of good stuff for you.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Who is leaving DWTS? Gladys? Kinda hope not. Maybe Melissa since she is hurt now. Not really sure what happened to her.

Oh Cheryl....we need a recipe for these pineapple muffins!

Hi everyone else! Have a great day!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

good morning girlfriends
anna i forgot to say how sweet the avatar of you and dh is,beautiful pic

jeannie queen of mine i mail your birthday surprise

i love my wandering jew they bloom and come back every year i rather do the pots it easy to maintain and this year i put them on some boards the building crew gave me so they be off the ground

you did it* By Tealbrand

waytogo* By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 04-10-12 06:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

sound yummy did you use fresh pineapple or can,please share

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

this month seem like it going fast also

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

it rain really hard we got a mud pool where bear had dug a hole

working on cards for 20/20

Edited by tealbrand on 04-10-12 06:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Anna C

Morning everyone.

Mel - earthboxes are fun, ds2 (nico) 1st grade class has a few homemade boxes growing outside their classroom door. The teacher said it would have been easier & cheaper to buy the Earthbox bins instead of making them. They made them out of rubbermate bins, lots of drilling holes, a pvc pipe and a month's worth of time. After seeing all that work & pieces, I bought from Earthbox. The directions alone were scary.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to carbphrek

Happy Tuesday ladies!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies. Back from my OB appointment. Officially on "rest". No standing more than 5 minutes, no vacuuming, no lifting more than 5lbs. I am already dilated and only 33w. If I continue to have contractions as painful as they have been they want me back right away, but if not I have to go back Friday to get rechecked. They gave me betamethasone shots a few weeks ago, so that is already done encase baby comes early, and today I was given a shot to stop contraction. They were going to keep me over night just to observe and make sure I don't start having more contractions but I promiesed them the minute they start up again I will go back in. My friend is taking my truck to get hubby from work since I brought him this morning and am not allowed to drive now. So I will be home! A good time to get caught up on some scrapbooking! LOL

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Take care of yourself Mandi!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Pineapple Upside Down Muffins:

2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar

2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, or pecans (optional)

1 10-ounce can pineapple slices

3/4 cup whole-wheat flour

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

2 large eggs

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1/4 cup canola oil

2 tablespoons pineapple juice, or orange juice

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, (not drained)

1 cup grated carrot, (1 large)

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats

3/4 cup raisins

1/4 cup chopped walnuts, or pecans (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.

2. To prepare topping: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar into each muffin cup. Sprinkle nuts, if using, over the sugar. Stack pineapple slices and cut into 6 wedges. Place 2 wedges in each muffin cup.

3. To prepare muffins: Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.

4. Whisk eggs and brown sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in oil, juice and vanilla. Stir in crushed pineapple. Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Stir in carrot, oats, raisins and nuts, if using. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups (they'll be quite full).

5. Bake the muffins until the tops are golden brown and firm to the touch, 15 to 25 minutes. Immediately loosen edges and turn muffins out onto a baking sheet. Restore any stray pineapple pieces and nuts. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve upside-down, either warm or at room temperature.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks Anna! I am trying! I am so glad I have my hubby and my family. They are helping me tremendously. Hopefully baby waits until May. A.J will most likely be going up to mom's for a bit in May since she can't come down here right now. And Leandra has two of her friends on standby (it was made okay with their parents) that if I go in to labor between such and such a date that one friend will come stay and help her watch the two girls, and if I go between the rest of the month, the other friend will come and stay to help her with the girls.

I only have 5 weeks left though so lets hope baby stays in atleast those 5 weeks!!

Cheryl- those sound to DIE for! I may have to try that recipe!TFS!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Thirty-six years ago on this day, April 10, my sweetie and I were married. It feels like we have been together for all our lives. I was just a baby at 20 years old and he was an "older" man of 24, almost 25 - his birthday is April 19. Sad thing is I have an aweful headache. Need to go take a nap and see if I can't shake it.

Here is one I did last night.

San Diego - Tijuana By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Aww, Mandi, take care of you and baby! Nice to have a network of people ready to step in. BTW, my oldest is Mandy so if I ever spell your name that way, you'll know why! I just did it but caught it before I posted so headsup on that one...

Cheryl, those do sound delicious!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to rockmom

Take care Mandi! Both of my boys came at 36w. Went into the doc for the first son, doc sent me right to the hospital. I was 3cm and other stuff, 6hrs 23mins later Henry showed up without any issues other than being 5.6lbs and LOUD. Nicholas appeared, 3hrs 11mins after being admitted for being in labour (duh you think). 6lbs 7oz and QUIET. Ohhh this is exciting Mandi.

Cheryl -WHY WOMAN! OMB they sound delish.

Denise -Happy Anniversary

Finished 2 layouts so far, both for challenges.
Little Swimmer By Carbphrek

Friends By Carbphrek

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to SQ Mandi

you will have that baby quick is this the 6 one,girl you sneeze and that baby be here take care and rest mandi

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to carbphrek

i going to try to get 2 this week end

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

thank cheryl

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

happy anniversary denise that awesome

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Happy Anniversary Denise! Hope you feel better too.

Mandi, hopefully the next five weeks will fly by for you and your new baby!

Cherly, thanks for sharing the recipe. It is something I would definitely have to make the night before!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Mandi - Rest and hopefully baby will wait until closer to your due date.

Denise - Happy Anniversary

Hopefully, I will find some scrappy time tonight.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

I finally have something to share.

Easter Wishes By Anna C

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

DOO and now to go play catch up!

Friends forever and ever By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

Mandi, take care of yourself.
Denise, Happy anniversary! Just hope you felt better to celebrate!
Mel, sounds like your dog has himself a "swimming hole".
Cheryl, I'm gonna have to try that recipe..sounds yummy!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

Last stop of 1964. Still have the overview map and description page LO left to do.

Carlsbad Caverns - Drop by Drop By Rockmom

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Morning! I am sooo far behind on chatter I may never catch up

Anna-loveeeee your new AVI. That is so precious

Jeannie-Congrats Queenie Jeannie. You need to make a lo of that-get a screen shot of your rank, scrap it!

Denise-Happy belated Anniversary!! 36 years-quite an accomplishment. Thats more than half your life!

Cheryl-those muffins sound delish. Gonna have to try them!

Mandi-crossing my fingers that your last 5 preggy weeks go smoothly

Hi Mel, Katy, Stacey, Terry, Cathe, Ashley, JoJo, Tish and Janie

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning and acu2h!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

acu2h i found a earthbox at amazon that cheaper then the one at earthbox.com with free shipping think i get 2 might try marshall grain first they suppoce to be a vender of earthbox

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Good morning one and all.
I am scrapping a layout I started day before yesterday..can't seem to get it together. Too many ideas and can't decide what to do...it's feast or famine.

It rained non stop yesterday. The sun peeked out for a bit..but not for long dang it. Look what right now is headed our way.
Not again! By Dollscrap

Belated anniversary wishes Denise!

Mandi...Fingers crossed that the new baby waits at least a few more weeks...stay comfy. It seems like just yesterday we were all waiting sor Natalia Rose's arrival.

Yippee Mel...this is gonna be a fun week..waiting for my Fire and my Swirlydoos kit and now a pressy!! Can't wait!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to dollscrap

Wow-thems are some dark skies! Perfect day to stay in and scrap!

With all this planting talk I've decided to try my hand at it again. We're getting a few large pots for herbs and cherry tomatoes. The soil down here is horrible...all sand. Plus we have fire ants galore so no way am I digging into the ground. My cousin had this giant pot with all different herbs that was flourishing...made me get in a "planting" mood. Plus looking at all Denise's pictures. I have to keep them outside my lanai due to Krujo...I know he'd eat them. We'll see how this goes =)

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Yep thems are some dark clouds...brought a bunch of wind with it too but..it still looks like that..sunny here and cloudy there.
I AM scrapping and I finally finished this after THREE days..of course that was mostly just walking by and looking at it and coming back and moving things around. This is Miss Vicki at age 3...I changed the pic to black and white cuz the red of her leotard didn't go with my "vision" and as it turns out neither does the finished layout.
Sugar Plum By Dollscrap

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

LOL Jeannie, spelothems is just a fancy word for "cave formations."

Hope those forboding skies keep any damage to non-existant.

Donna, sorry about the garden fever. Good luck and if I can help with anything let me know. Ack, fire ants are terrible things! HATE them.

Mel, cool, cheaper is always better!

Here is the final set of pages for 1964. I included the journaling in the description because some of my firends have touble reading it.

FAMILY VACATION 1964 By Rockmom

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to rockmom

Evening ladies. Sorry I haven't posted all day. I ended up being admitted into the hospital last night. They finally let let me go home around 1pm so as soon as I came home I crawled into bed and slept until now . Everything is fine- Natalia jumped on my bed and landed on my stomach lastnight- caused a bit of pain and bleeding but everything is fine. They did do 2 ultrasounds through out the night- and we DID fine out baby's gender The one tech was persistent about finding out the gender for us. I have to go back to my ob Friday morning. I am going to go put my feet up on the couch. I will be back later from either my bed OR couch depending on whats more comfortable!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to SQ Mandi

Oh Mandi ---do take care. I take it that you will surprise us with the gender when the baby arrives. Hope he/she will stay in there a bit longer.

Denise- Happy anniversary a day late.

Yesterday I was gone all day. I feel like I missed out on a lot of chatter.

Jeannie that sky didn't look good! Hope it blew over.

Cheryl I printed your recipe. Thanks.

Hi to all.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to scrappin 2

Hah! Mandi..I hope you will surprise us with the gender now. I am glad everything is ok..what a scare that must've been..take care.

Cathe...it POURED for about 10 seconds then the wind just blew and blew. ...my patio is swept clean and all leaves pushed into a neat pile by good old Mother Nature.

Here is a companion to the Sugar Plum layout that took me 3 days to do...this one took 3 hours...it uses some of the things I created for the other layout. This one is of Roni and a little friend. They both had Big Barbies and tried on the dolls' dresses...and then danced around...Roni's tongue got into the act...cracks me up..she was so shy. Neither of my girls took ballet but when I saw these darling Fairy Belle pps I immediately thought of these pics.
Tiny Dancers By Dollscrap

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie - that rain picture is crazy. It looks like thick smoke.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to carbphrek

Evening everyone, it was my day at school to help my boys teachers with arts & crafts. Then we had karate & kickboxing, got home around 8, had to go over homework, toss the boys into the shower and now fighting with ds1 over going to bed while I read the boards.

I did do 2 pages today for challenges.

Board Break By Carbphrek
A Good day for a Hike By Carbphrek

and here's a cute picture of Joe & the boys. Nico loves those stick on mustaches, so joe had to get in on the mustache picture with henry who wore a finger-stach.

Mr Mustaches By Carbphrek

Mandi - take care

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to carbphrek

ACU2H

Mandi - glad your home. Keep resting!! Can't wait to hear whether it is a boy or girl.

Tired and not much to say tonight. See you again tomorrow evening.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Me too Cheryl. Tired and not a lot to say. Night.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to rockmom

Hello gals!!! Almost time!!! One more day of cleaning...then....the big move Friday... I'll be back in as soon as I'm set up...

Mandi take care!!!

Tired myself...going to bed...
night all!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hugs and best wishes Jo!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

What I'm the first to post???? that is crazy!!!
I happened to wake up at 6:30 and then at 7:00 so I decided to get up.

I'm going to the outlet mall with my sister, Jean and her two daughters Callie & Ann. Ann is expecting her first baby this fall. I'm excited as it is Jean's birthday. They work so much that it is hard to find time to get together. So I'm pumped.

Jo I'm very excited for your day. Drive safely!

Mandi...stay in bed!

Have a great day everyone!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics