Page 1 of 45 
Username Post: Secret sister swap (April~June) Closed for this round        (Topic#1573177)
thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. In order to join this swap, you must have 1000 posts or be a sister with us already in good standing, or have another swap member that will vouch for you. If you don't have these things, contact Debbie or myself and we will decide. We want new people to sign up and have fun in our swap, but since this is a 25.00 minimum each month for three months, we have to make sure everyone who participates will complete the swap! Thank you for understanding!

2. This swap will officially begin on April 15 , 2012.

3. When sign-ups are closed (April 14),
Debbie and I will send each participant the name and information of your LITTLE sister sometimes on April 15

4. This swap has a MINIMUM of $25.00 each month. You are required to spend at least that amount EACH month on your swap partner for three months NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING COSTS! Please remember BEFORE joining that this swap requires THREE boxes to be shipped out to your one partner (one a month)

5. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret. It's a good idea to use a family members name as the return address, a trusted neighbor, or you can put your hubby to good use and use his name! You can also order directly from sb.com and tell them that the gift is for a secret sister swap and they will block out your name and information for you.

6. You can look up your partners profile to get some ideas of what to send. They have also been instructed to update their wish list.

7. You MUST check into this thread AT LEAST once a week as your real self and once a week as your alternate secret sister ID. Communication is vital in this swap because the purpose of this swap is to get to know your fellow swappers! You'll get more out of this swap the more you post, and your ss can get more ideas as to what to send you. I want all of us to have a wonderful time this round. Remember that everyone enjoys feeling spoiled and having someone in the swap make them feel special by leaving notes.

8. Secret sisters will end at the end of June...you should reveal who you are to your sister on that date here on this thread.

9. Never hesitate to pm Debbie or I if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS.

10. Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than: April 30, May 30, and June 30. Each package will always contain scrapbooking goodies but can also include other goodies as well!

11. Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread!

12. You must have at least 1000 posts in order to sign up. If you have fewer than that, Debbie and I will need to pre-approve you joining. If you have flaked on this swap or not followed the rules before, don't bother signing up.

13. To sign up, send me a PM with this information:
Screen Name
Name
Address
Email address
Phone number
Birthday
Do you collect anything?
Favorite snack
List of things you would like to receive (as an addition/alternative to things your wishlist which you will keep updated).
What would you love to get that is NOT scrapbook related?

Participants:
Debbie (Deb-doodles)~co-hostess with the mostest!
Kimberly (thinkpink22~co-hostess)

1. Rachel (RachelUK)*
2. Kimberly (thinkpink22)*
3. Victoria (vawm)*
4. Janie (Charisma3108)*
5. Sherri (Sherrenae)*
6. Rebecca (scrapbrarian)*
7. Trisha (TrishaLouise)*
8. Jennifer (Mommie75)*
9. Mel (tealbrand)*
10. Megan Ann (Megan Ann)*
11. Tina N. (tinadn)*
12. Tina M. (tina scraps)*
13. Linz (LinzLou) *
14. Imelda (littleMRSimelda)*
15. Joy (joydee1963)*
16. Shatema (babigirl)*
17. Suzette (Sassysuzi)*

*received your survey

Edited by thinkpink22 on 04-18-12 04:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to thinkpink22

I'm going to lurk, not sure if I can play b/c I will be moving! So I don't know how much time I will have, but I certainly will be here on the thread!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Megan Ann

Please sign me up, Pink and Debbie! I wanna be first to sign on this beautiful Spring day and no this is NOT an April Fool!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-01-12 09:03 AM
In response to RachelUK

I will sign up again! :0)

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to vawm

Thinking....Thinking...and still thinging about it

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to TrishaLouise

Oh stop thinking and just do it Trisha!!

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to RachelUK

Sign me up

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to Charisma3103

That should make Trisha sign up

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

I want to come back and play. Sign me up please.

Thanks.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-01-12 03:21 PM
In response to Sherrenae

Come on Trisha!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to vawm

Don't fall over Sweet Pink and Ms. Doodles but I am going to do more than just check in this round! Yep, I am actually joining in the swap this time! I sat out for the last few rounds but I just have to get back in this time!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Sherrenae

OK! I'm in! I sent you my survey Pink

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

• Charisma3103 Said:

Hey Janie!
How are you and the boys?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I'd like to do more than again.
I will send my info soon.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

• TrishaLouise Said:
  • Charisma3103 Said:

Hey Janie!
How are you and the boys?

Hey Girlie
We are doing good how are you and Mom and Andy and the furbabies doing

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i will join..

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to mommie75

i would love to play sending pm

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tealbrand

I am in as well.

I sent an invite to a couple of friends to join as well

Hi Mel & Jennifer! Good to see you ladies.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Wow~! Welcome everyone!~ I am so excited to see some old people back (old to this thread, that is!) and some people from other swaps I've done, and some new ones as well! This round is going to be so much fun!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Thinking about joining in again. Would love it if there was more chatter this time around. I felt out of the loop without my little sister checking in and letting me know what she thought of the goodies I made her and sent her.

SSS January - March By Drayia

SSS January - March By Drayia

Edited by Drayia on 04-02-12 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Drayia

I am so sorry that happened to you Shana! I feel horrible about it! I am checking in to it and I know I already told you that you are being taken care of too! I know that doesn't make it right and I feel AWFUL that this happened to you! I promise you will be spoiled rotten this round, as you should be. Hope you'll drop in and give us one more chance! We'd love to have you!!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I sent out invites as well. So, hopefully we will have a big, fun, tons of talk and play round!!!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Not worried about me being spoiled LOL. Just want to know how the sister I was sending to like what I picked for her.

We NEED more chatter this time around is all I am saying, so if I was not clear about that Kimberly.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Drayia

It was much quieter this round Shana, but that isn't normally the case. In past rounds, if I took a day off from the computer I would come back to pages and pages of fun chatter

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to tinadn

I have one Q is April the going to be the first month to send out

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to bluucaca

ok I'm back in.

so if you're worried about enough chatter...lol!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Tina scraps

I've missed trying to keep up with conversations to me Tina or you Tina.
Welcome back.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to Drayia

I got a invite from My friend Trisha for this one,But I got a few questions ,I did Kimberly's Valetine Swap and loved doing.So like to do this one,So 3 boxes total ? 25.00 each box each month? plus shipping.also what is R.A.K.? Joy

Edited by joydee1963 on 04-02-12 10:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to joydee1963

R.A.K. = Random Act of Kindness

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
ok I'm back in.

so if you're worried about enough chatter...lol!

LOL!! I think I chattered enough for all of us!! I'll try not to give blow by blow descriptions of my day this time!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• thinkpink22 Said:
Wow~! Welcome everyone!~ I am so excited to see some old people back (old to this thread, that is!) and some people from other swaps I've done, and some new ones as well! This round is going to be so much fun!

In this context I LOVE being described as an old person!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Debs - if we dont get blow by blow accounts of your days than I'm not joining after all! Its the highlight of my day!

Hey listen up everyone - the assessments my mum has been having at the hospital are indicating that she needs permanent long-term care. I CANNOT begin to tell you what a relief that is! We can have her over for weekends, or away for short breaks, once we find the right place, and I am hoping to find a place very close to home so that I can pop in regularly!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I also love having the confusion of two Tinas! Hey Tina M - I spent yesterday making a birthday card for you! I intend to get it in the post asap to arrive in time.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

Thanks, I see that all the time,

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-02-12 12:20 PM
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Debs - if we dont get blow by blow accounts of your days than I'm not joining after all! Its the highlight of my day!

Hey listen up everyone - the assessments my mum has been having at the hospital are indicating that she needs permanent long-term care. I CANNOT begin to tell you what a relief that is! We can have her over for weekends, or away for short breaks, once we find the right place, and I am hoping to find a place very close to home so that I can pop in regularly!

Praise God! Someone finally is understanding. Yahoo!
Oh, and I don't mind being called old either. I was going to *pop off* on PINK, but then I realized it wasn't an age thing! LOL! :0)

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

That is so good to hear. Just reading about what you have been going through for the last 3 months makes my head spin. Great to know you can get her placed and you dont need to worry about crazy phone calls all the time.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Drayia

Wow! This time already seems to be more chatty! I LOVE it! I am hoping that after I get settled in my new place I can take a few weeks off & just scrapbook while I "job hunt" I wouldn't want to get a job too quickly!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Drayia

Shana have you met Janie a.k.a. "Charisma3103"?
She lives in Canada as well.. You could be neighbors and not even know it. I found out in the last swap that Mel lives in my back yard.

It's a small world!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Rachel I am so happy that they are figuring out that your Mum needs additional help. Our prayers have been answered.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I am doing the 20 card/20 lo challenge and made 8 cards this afternoon...patting self on the back:)

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

• TrishaLouise Said:
She lives in Canada as well.. You could be neighbors and not even know it. I found out in the last swap that Mel lives in my back yard.

It's a small world!

Lol Trisha... Shana is a few provinces away from me, she is also my pal in the Easter swap

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to tinadn

Tina - you are a whiz! I have made 4 but only posted two so far, and I have already done 2 los this month - we're on a roll!

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Drayia

Hi ladies.....I'm thinking of joining this round. It's been a looooong time since I've participated in this. Let me think about it for a few days!!!

I miss having some place to "visit" and chat with some scrappy friends.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Patti Sylvia

Thinking about joining.....

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to littleMRSimelda

Hi all! Trisha messaged me about this and I would love to join. Sending a PM now...

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

• Charisma3103 Said:
  • TrishaLouise Said:

It's a small world!

Lol Trisha... Shana is a few provinces away from me, she is also my pal in the Easter swap

See!!! It's a small world! Lol

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Oh we have so many new and hopefully chatty faces!!

Patti I hope you will join. Since you live a whole 30 minutes from me we never get to talk anymore. LOL!! Of course we didn't meet up much when you lived 5 minutes from me.

Rachel, good news about your Mum!! I know you must be relieved!!

pursemommie
Governor
pursemommie
In response to Deb-doodle

Hey Heffers~!!!!!! How is everyone??????

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-02-12 06:39 PM
In response to pursemommie

Evening everyone!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

• TrishaLouise Said:

It's a small world!

Yes we have met, she lives in Central Canada and I live in Western Canada. It would be great if she was closer, would love to have a scrappy buddy here!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• joydee1963 Said:
I got a invite from My friend Trisha for this one,But I got a few questions ,I did Kimberly's Valetine Swap and loved doing.So like to do this one,So 3 boxes total ? 25.00 each box each month? plus shipping.also what is R.A.K.? Joy

This is a little different than the Valentine's one because it is for three months. And yes, each package should be at least 25.00 a month not including shipping. Your pal should receive three boxes, and you should as well (occasionally someone will ask their sisters if they can combine two months and make it one big gift but that is totally up to you) We also require you to make an alternate id for your sister and you have to check in once a week as yourself and also once a week as your alternate sister id.

Last round was not good in many ways. I hated that people weren't as talkative too! And I know how you felt totally Shana! There is nothing worse than making something, or buying something for someone and then having them not even acknowledge that they received it! I think that is so totally rude and inconsiderate! I know life is busy sometimes but to not even say a simple thank you...there is really no excuse for that! So Debbie and I are gonna be on you guys to post post post!!! It makes it fun for you and fun for your sister as well!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to bluucaca

• bluucaca Said:
I have one Q is April the going to be the first month to send out

Yes, the boxes are to be mailed out one a month in April, May and June.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to pursemommie

• pursemommie Said:
Hey Heffers~!!!!!! How is everyone??????

Hi Lavona! Girl, I've missed you terribly! Love texting with you but I'd love to see you here too! Want to join???? Or can you just come out and play with us once in a while???

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• littleMRSimelda Said:

We would love to have you Imelda! Sent you a pm too!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Patti Sylvia

• Patti Sylvia Said:
Hi ladies.....I'm thinking of joining this round. It's been a looooong time since I've participated in this. Let me think about it for a few days!!!

Patti~Pretty please come back and join in...with sugar on top...I would LOVE to chat with you on here! How is your job going? I need to scrap the photos I have of you, me and Debbie at Hooters! That was a fun time!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• joydee1963 Said:

Joy~I answered your questions but forgot to put that we would LOVE to have you in the swap with us! We really would!!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Patti Sylvia Said:

Patti~Pretty please come back and join in...with sugar on top...I would LOVE to chat with you on here! How is your job going? I need to scrap the photos I have of you, me and Debbie at Hooters! That was a fun time!

When is hooters not a fun time? Hahahahaha

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:

K I'll do it. Sign me up please

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tinadn

I am just so happy for your news about your mom Rachel! It was SO HARD on you to have all that going on and living so far away. I just can't even imagine the worry and the stress of wondering exactly what was going on at your mom's place (or worse, KNOWING what was going on and worrying about it all the time). I know this was a huge answer to prayer for you and I'm so thankful it worked out this way! Keep us posted on what goes on with her.

And I'm tickled pink that you are joining again. I was going to host without participating this round but when I saw you and Rebecca plus some new people to the swap, I just had to join in too! I know that I should be putting every dime towards our home remodel and some other things around here, but I think everyone deserves to have a guilty pleasure...and being in this group is mine!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• littleMRSimelda Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:

K I'll do it. Sign me up please

That's great Imelda! I will sign you right up!

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious

Hi Kimberly,
I'll consider this swap and let you know next week.
Looks like fun! Good Luck!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to pinkalicious

• pinkalicious Said:
Hi Kimberly,
I'll consider this swap and let you know next week.
Looks like fun! Good Luck!

Thank you! Love your screen name by the way!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Well, it's 3 AM and I'm just getting to the point of feeling sleepy! Tomorrow will make for a long day I'm sure!

Have a happy Tuesday!!

That Easter bunny better be bringing me some energizing chocolate and/or coffee tomorrow!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Sp thrilled to see old and new faces joining up again - Patti, Lavona (can you get on to Nikilynn on our behalf - you know how she loves the a$$ off you!) and Imelda - welcome in to the gang again!

Here is my lo - told you I was on a Sunflowers kick!

Sunflowers! By RachelUK

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Pink - its still Lent until the weekend - no way can you have chocolate!

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to RachelUK

Rachel- love the LO! The colors are fab! I see that you are from the UK. I was born in Ipswich and my mum was from a little village outside of Banbury in Oxfordshire. Actually going back in July to visit my family and do a mini European vacation! (fingers crossed) Haven't been back since I was 12 which was a LONG time ago, so I'm very excited to see all of my family over there.

So excited for this swap! Love meeting new people on here!! Off to get my cup of tea!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to LinzLou

shoot I was here yesterday and then already 2 more pages to catch up on.

Rachel - what a relief about your mom! must be a huge weight off your shoulders to know that her care will be properly addressed and you won't have to worry so much.

Fine pink, if my my participation doesn't encourage you to participate lol!

Jason's BIL's dad died yesterday. Jason's mom is flying up tomorrow to help take care of his nephew while all this stuff is going on.I'm a little unclear at the moment as to whether I'll be expected to go to anything. Jason would say no, but sometimes he's even more clueless than I about the social expectation stuff. With my last (and major) event at work tomorrow night, among other things, this just isn't a good time for me to take time off last minute.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hello everyone. It's going to be a great round with lots of new (to me) faces anyway. Should be fun learning about everyone:)Have a great day!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

This round rocks already!

Love seeing so many of my best buds returning and all of the new faces too!

I'll be sending some friend adds and look forward to spending time here with all of you in the upcoming months!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Tina - you are a whiz! I have made 4 but only posted two so far, and I have already done 2 los this month - we're on a roll!

Yes we are on a roll and I had so much fun yesterday. I just threw my drawer of scraps and misc. embellies out on the table and went to town!
I have a few more partially done:)

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to tinadn

I too love reading about everything going on with everyone.
Rachel I am definitely happy for you and your mom. Finally she will properly be taken care of. Thankfully you won't have to worry so much and hopefully she'll be much more comfortable and happier because of it.

So I have started potty training my almost 2yo. He peed in his potty this morning. Pretty exciting stuff. Lol

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

Woot, woot! It makes me happy to see so many of my on-line friends joining!

Pink: Got to ask... What are you remodeling?

Rachel: Beautiful layout. I love the flower embellishing.

Tina: Sorry to hear about the death in your/Jason's family.

Well I need to put my big girl panties on this week The scrapbook convention is next month and I was scheduled to work the Ten Second Studio booth for about 3 hours a day. I was thrilled with this since every other year I get stuck in it all day. I got an email from them saying they want to renegotiate my hours! Well [email protected] I know what that means!!! So I need to practice saying "No"
between now and Thursday. It went from teaching two classes at convention to eight! They just kept selling out....

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Tina. Sorry about the death in the family. Hope it all gets sorted

Trisha good luck with your big girl panties. Don't get suckered into teaching more than you want to.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

• TrishaLouise Said:
Woot, woot! It makes me
Well I need to put my big girl panties on this week The scrapbook convention is next month and I was scheduled to work the Ten Second Studio booth for about 3 hours a day. I was thrilled with this since every other year I get stuck in it all day. I got an email from them saying they want to renegotiate my hours! Well [email protected] I know what that means!!! So I need to practice saying "No"
between now and Thursday. It went from teaching two classes at convention to eight! They just kept selling out....

Wow girly you are in high demand when are you going to come see your BFF here in Canada and teach me hmmmmm. Congrats love

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

well, seeing as how they emailed you, how about you email them back and say you're unable to do so?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:

Rachel - what a relief about your mom! must be a huge weight off your shoulders to know that her care will be properly addressed and you won't have to worry so much.

Jason's BIL's dad died yesterday. Jason's mom is flying up tomorrow to help take care of his nephew while all this stuff is going on.I'm a little unclear at the moment as to whether I'll be expected to go to anything. Jason would say no, but sometimes he's even more clueless than I about the social expectation stuff. With my last (and major) event at work tomorrow night, among other things, this just isn't a good time for me to take time off last minute.

Well Tina, because YOU are participating, I made Dan go get some pumpkin muffins and we celebrated several times!!!!!!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

wow you guys are chatty wish i had time to sit and chat with you all.. man the good old days when i had nothing better to do lol..

i do not know many of you or they stories but i just keep reading and maybe i will figure it out lol..

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• TrishaLouise Said:
Woot, woot! It makes me happy to see so many of my on-line friends joining!

Pink: Got to ask... What are you remodeling?

Rachel: Beautiful layout. I love the flower embellishing.

Tina: Sorry to hear about the death in your/Jason's family.

Trisha, we are basically remodeling our entire home. We bought a very old big home a few years back. We have gutted the whole half of the downstairs to make one huge kitchen and the walls have been down to the studs for a LONG TIME now. We have another kitchen upstairs too but when we get the one downstairs done (this year!), it will turn in to our very big and private master bathroom. The house has an upstairs family room in our bedroom too so we use the upstairs now more than the downstairs because of all the mess of the remodel. Once the downstairs is complete, every room will get new walls, ceiling, electric and carpet and then our home will be what I want it to be! With the 7 kids, we needed a huge home and I didn't realize how much work would be involved in changing the things we wanted to change. The only room we have finished except for paint and floor is the studio, the most important one! LOL! We originally were going to have it be the formal dining room but I talked him into me keeping it for my own studio! He actually decided I could have it because "you have too much ******** to put anywhere else!" I know, he's just the most sensitive guy in the world! Hands off girls, he's all mine!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to mommie75

wow Trisha teaching 8 classes man i have never even been to a convention more less taken a class or worked at one.. nice !!!!

I want to go to one some day but it never works out and i have no one to go with blah blah...

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-03-12 10:17 AM
In response to mommie75

Morning all. Almost lunch time for me.
The day is zipping by.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to mommie75

Trisha is so talented with her work too Jennifer! I have some of it irl hanging in my home and all I can say is that whenever I see it, it ALWAYS brings a smile to my face because it's just so beautiful!!!!!!

Well, ladies, the last time I looked at the clock last night it was after 5 AM and my wonderful little ones woke me up at 9 (they let me sleep in!!!) but I'm tired and they are napping so I think instead of cleaning, I will prefer sleeping today! Dan got home last night from his trip over the last 5 days (working in another town) so I was just over the top happy to have him back! The kids were as well (except for the two youngest girls who hated to leave my bed and sleep in their own! LOL!

Which reminds me, I wanted to ask you all what you thought about this. I work nights, as you all know. Well, when I am working the over-night, Dan will NOT sleep in our bed. He sleeps in the family room on a couch or in a chair. He says he cannot adjust to our big bed alone and feels like he needs to sleep in a more confined space. Now, me, if he isn't here, I move and move around in the king bed comfortably (until the little ones move in too) and have NO PROBLEM at all sleeping without him in bed. Do you think that's weird? Even when I go on vacation to visit friends and do scrapping retreats, our bed remains untouched until I come back. I thought maybe he just preferred the couch and slept with me when I was home just cause I was there. But he says that he just can't sleep without me spooning with him all night.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

One more funny thing~ my 19 year old son came in the other day and was talking to all of us when I noticed his shirt. Evidentally he went into the laundry room at night and just grabbed a clean shirt...cause he was wearing a scrapping shirt that says "Scrappers are all acid free" I busted out laughing and screamed out, "YAY!!! I've finally converted one of them!!!"

Edited by thinkpink22 on 04-03-12 10:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

Well Tina, because YOU are participating, I made Dan go get some pumpkin muffins and we celebrated several times!!!!!!

ok so we can start the baby due date poll? lmao

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
One more funny thing~ my 19 year old son came in the other day and was talking to all of us when I noticed his shirt. Evidentally he went into the laundry room at night and just grabbed a clean shirt...cause he was wearing a scrapping shirt that says "Scrappers are all acid free" I busted out laughing and screamed out, "YAY!!! I've finally converted one of them!!!"

That is HILARIOUS! he didn't even bother to see if it was his own shirt? lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Kimberly I think that is very sweet. My DH says he doesn't sleep well when I am gone at night, but I sleep so much better sprawled out when he is gone. He goes on his annual golfing trip next week and I am counting down the days:)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Trisha you probably need time to enjoy the convention too. JUST SAY NO-lol who am i kidding, I have a hard time saying no too:)

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to tinadn

I am in!!!! This sounds great.I just got done doing the Easter Swap.So I just updated my wish list.But I need this explained- make an alternate id for your sister and you have to check in once a week as yourself and also once a week as your alternate sister id,Sorry so many questions.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to LinzLou

• LinzLou Said:
Rachel- love the LO! The colors are fab! I see that you are from the UK. I was born in Ipswich and my mum was from a little village outside of Banbury in Oxfordshire. Actually going back in July to visit my family and do a mini European vacation! (fingers crossed) Haven't been back since I was 12 which was a LONG time ago, so I'm very excited to see all of my family over there.

So excited for this swap! Love meeting new people on here!! Off to get my cup of tea!!

Banbury is only 37 miles from me! Very close indeed! Can you pop in when you're over here? It would be so much fun to meet someone else from the swap!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• littleMRSimelda Said:
I too love reading about everything going on with everyone.
Rachel I am definitely happy for you and your mom. Finally she will properly be taken care of. Thankfully you won't have to worry so much and hopefully she'll be much more comfortable and happier because of it.

So I have started potty training my almost 2yo. He peed in his potty this morning. Pretty exciting stuff. Lol

Did you take pictures to scrap?!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I love having an ocean of bed to myself - totally selfish! I love to find a cold bit if I'm hot and snuggle down, pulling the duvet all round me if I'm cold. Neil sleeps in so many different beds he could sleep on the floor and not really notice, but every time he gets into bed at home he does a big 'Aaah' cos its so comfy. I can confidently tell you that absolutely nothing would possess him to sleep anywhere other than the bed, whether I was here or not, and that goes for me too!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

I am living in flipping TORNADO alley!

At last count we have had 4 touch down with in the last three hours "It has been bad"! I got home about 30 minutes ago and our house is fine but two steers over to the right has been declared a disaster zone. There are building parts, roofs, and power lines littering the streets. In fact they have declared the whole city of Arlington a disaster zone

Our neighbor "Gordon" shot this video of one of the
TORNADO.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

Trisha,wow,I just watched that video!!!!!!! Joy

donnalynneRNC
Queen
donnalynneRNC

Just dropping in. I miss y'all so much. very seriously considering rejoining this round, if its ok.

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • LinzLou Said:

Banbury is only 37 miles from me! Very close indeed! Can you pop in when you're over here? It would be so much fun to meet someone else from the swap!

We could definitely meet up if I come over. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I still get to go as the person that is supposed to go with me is talking about not going now. (We've been planning this for 3 years.) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we still get to come.

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to LinzLou

OMG Trisha. I just watched the video.. How scary! Glad to hear your house is ok. Stay safe!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to LinzLou

Trisha Glad you and your home are safe.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-03-12 02:56 PM
In response to LinzLou

Good Heavens Trisha, stay safe.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to vawm

OMG Trisha! Please be careful and stay safe!!! A tornado is definitely one of my huge fears!!! Luckily I've never been in one but I'd probably [email protected] my pants even in a little one.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Kimberly I think that is very sweet. My DH says he doesn't sleep well when I am gone at night, but I sleep so much better sprawled out when he is gone. He goes on his annual golfing trip next week and I am counting down the days:)

we have a queen bed, and it is not big enough for both of us as far as i'm concerned. not that our bedroom could fit anything bigger anyway. though I miss him when he's gone or I'm away, I LLLOOVVVEE having the bed to myself.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• TrishaLouise Said:
I am living in flipping TORNADO alley!

At last count we have had 4 touch down with in the last three hours "It has been bad"! I got home about 30 minutes ago and our house is fine but two steers over to the right has been declared a disaster zone. There are building parts, roofs, and power lines littering the streets. In fact they have declared the whole city of Arlington a disaster zone

Our neighbor "Gordon" shot this video of one of the
TORNADO.

2 "steers" over?? lol had to laugh, though I know the situation isn't funny. watched some of it while I was at the nail salon tonight, what a disaster.

Page 1 of 45 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics