Page 45 of 45 
Username Post: Secret sister swap (April~June) Closed for this round        (Topic#1573177)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Oh dear - I found a pic of my wedding rings, and all I can say is - my hands look a state! I was picking flowers from our garden the day before, which the florist added to all the beautiful designs she produced, and it probably wasnt the best plan for immediately after a new manicure!

ANyway, no one noticed on the day, and this is the best photo of the rings! (just look away from those nails on the close-up - maybe I should have paid less for those!)

Wedding rings By RachelsOtherPlace

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Neil's nails look nicer than mine - now thats just plain embarrassing!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

Thanks Rachel!

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to Tina scraps

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Here is a lo I did a couple years ago with our wedding rings and 5th anniversary rings.

Wedding & 5th Anniversary Rings By Sassy Suzi

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

Tina N - I am glad you are feeling better and eating real food. I bet it never tasted so good.

Tina N and Shatema I hope you ladies have good results from your tests today.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• Tina scraps Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
And in school everything would get done in alphabetical order and I'd always be last. I'd never leave early because I'd had to wait to get my report card. Haha.

The things that stay with us huh?

If I were still in school, taking Jason's name would be useful since it starts with A! lol

ok let's play the What were they thinking? Name game: what is the most unusual, funniest, most ridiculous name you've ever heard?

Personally, I think Gwyneth Paltrow owes her daughter an apology for naming her "apple". I just can't imagine that going over well with other kids!

but of course there's also Dweezil and Blue Moon Zappa. I'm assuming Frank was stoned when they named them lol.

I used to work at a high school in Georgia and let me tell you I have seen a lot of unusual names. During pre-planning when the rolls were given out the coaches would compare their list and seen who had to funniest names. The one stuck as the top of all the years was pronouced Shhhhh the al but spelled $hithead.

I also hated my name growing up as I never found anything with my name on it. I did have a few things made with my name on them in my adult years, belt, pins. I couldnt not stand my Pa Brooks because he would irritate me so much saying "Muzette Suzette" over and over. He died when I was about 5 and didnt live long enough for me to wise up and tell him off.

So with that said My Mama's name was Muzette Ellen and I was Suzette Ellen. So when I married the girls daddy I changed my name to Suzette Brady Allen, Took on my madien name b/c Ellen Allen just didnt get it. We had ladies in our town named Jill Deal, Nell Bell, so I was NOT going to be added to the laughing stock. So now I still use my maiden name with my last. BTW Brady was hard to grow up with, I grew up with the TV show and all the other kids at school always had comments. the name Brady did come in right handy once when I was in my 20s, and that is another story.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Tina i would have to say jayz and beyonce naming there child blue ivey carter oh and also know this girk name name her first daughter ocean and her second daugther rivah pernounced river

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Tina N - I am glad you are feeling better and eating real food. I bet it never tasted so good.

Tina N and Shatema I hope you ladies have good results from your tests today.

No test today. I go for a checkup on thursday.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to babigirl

I go away on vacation and come back to .....

Congrats Tina M!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

I also came back to an amazing box from my SS packed FULL of tons of yummy scrappy goodies plus candles and some lovely Bath and Body Works products!

A huge THANK YOU to my awesome SS Jennifer!!

Love everything!! Thanks for being such a great sis this round!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Tina N, so sorry to hear your latest news. Love and prayers coming your way!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scrapbrarian Said:

Congrats Tina M!!!

This is to funny lol. Welcome back rebecca you have been missed.

Edited by babigirl on 07-02-12 07:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Tina, no matching rings for us. We picked out my set and his band together.

I did have something engraved inside his wedding band as a surprise.

When he finally got up the nerve to ask me out (he was super shy) I casually replied "You have my number". We were in class together and it was on the class roster. So this is what I had engraved inside his ring ..." M You have my number R".

I was either going to keep my maiden name or hyphenate. Decided on the hyphenation. Havenstein-Coughlin.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Had an awesome vacation with my mom but will have to tell you all about it another time. I have work tomorrow so I best be heading off to bed to dream of purple wedding dresses and hell freezing over.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to babigirl

Tina~no matching wedding bands for Dan and I. he picked out my rings and I picked out his. When we were married about 8 years, we went and picked out me another whole set and put my engagement ring stone into a pendant setting...long story why but I love it. He lost his that I originally bought him so we bought a new one. No diamonds...he is definitely not into diamonds for him.

I took his last name. It never even occured to me not to cause I just graduated from college and hadn't really done anything that people connected to any name...so Gilliland it is.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

I have been posting over at the other site so those of you that are not playing should come over and join us there too!

Have a great day all!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Tina i would have to say jayz and beyonce naming there child blue ivey carter oh and also know this girk name name her first daughter ocean and her second daugther rivah pernounced river

If she says 'Sea here' as in See here - which one comes running first?!!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Welcome back Rebecca - we missed you! Did your mouth drop open when you read the Bride-to-be's news?!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• scrapbrarian Said:

Congrats Tina M!!!

I was wondering when you'd be back! lol Thanks Rebecca!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• scrapbrarian Said:
Tina, no matching rings for us. We picked out my set and his band together.

I did have something engraved inside his wedding band as a surprise.

When he finally got up the nerve to ask me out (he was super shy) I casually replied "You have my number". We were in class together and it was on the class roster. So this is what I had engraved inside his ring ..." M You have my number R".

I was either going to keep my maiden name or hyphenate. Decided on the hyphenation. Havenstein-Coughlin.

what a cute idea for the engraving!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • babigirl Said:

If she says 'Sea here' as in See here - which one comes running first?!!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

though I actually kind of like the name Ocean, and once had a male student with that name (yes, his parents were hippies).

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to littleMRSimelda

Tinadn, I'm so glad you're eating now. It's important to get your energy level up before you start your battle with the cancer.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Oh ok it means war then I can't even defend him on that lol

Shatema you crack my up!!! Nobody can say you didn't try to save the birds life. For a little while. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
I can't imagine Jason wearing a ring with diamonds. Not that he's a macho man or anything, just not his style - wouldn't really go with his jeans and band t shirts lol. And because of the nature of his work, it just wouldn't make sense. I like the idea of diamonds on my band though!

I know several women who didn't change their names, often for the professional convenience but sometimes for other personal reasons. Mostly women that got married in their 30s and were more independently established. Not being traditional myself, part of me is irked by the social expectation that the woman should change names - why doesn't the man take her name? If she wants to, great, and I haven't ruled it out, but it's the general assumption that irks me.

If you haven't noticed, I kind of like bucking social expectations, and since I caved on the whole marriage thing, I've gotta find something to hold on to! lol

You shouldn't change it if you don't want to. And Tina Mello does sound cool.

My maiden name was Kerce pronounced Kearce. Of course nobody pronounced it right. EVER!!! It was always pronounced Curse or Cursie. I realize it does look like that but who wants to be labeled as Curse?? So my first husband was a Garland and I thought that was so much better. LOL!!! I was really excited about that change. Although after the first year, that's all I really liked about him anymore.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
And in school everything would get done in alphabetical order and I'd always be last. I'd never leave early because I'd had to wait to get my report card. Haha.

The things that stay with us huh?

If I were still in school, taking Jason's name would be useful since it starts with A! lol

ok let's play the What were they thinking? Name game: what is the most unusual, funniest, most ridiculous name you've ever heard?

Personally, I think Gwyneth Paltrow owes her daughter an apology for naming her "apple". I just can't imagine that going over well with other kids!

but of course there's also Dweezil and Blue Moon Zappa. I'm assuming Frank was stoned when they named them lol.

I totally agree with all the above. Celebs have a tendency alot of times to name their kids off the wall things. I know there are several.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Hi Rebecca!! It's great to have you back. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

glad you got ur package...

you r very welsome for the stuff..

me and my pal have both gotten are last packages

thanks for a great swap ladies signing out

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to mommie75

I guess it's time to be moving over to the new thread. I'm not participating this round, but I'll be by to chat, of course!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Good morning!

We had so much fun in San Antonio and tubing the river.

No matching wedding rings here. The ring and proposal were both a COMPLETE surprise. We had been dating for three years and never once talked about marriage. I was not ready and had no desire to get married. I can admit now it is one of the best decisions I ever made.

My name is hyphenated as well. I had two reasons for doing this. 1. My state license to practice Interior design & Architecture is in my maiden name. Reason number two is C comes before P and I didn't want to go to the end of the alphabet line. Lol

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to TrishaLouise

Maybe that's one good reason for me to marry John. He's an E, I'm a W. LOL!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi ladies, I am feeling a little better today. I will fill you in on the new thread.
Signing off this one.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

Rachel: As you have guessed I was your sister this round. You final package went out last Friday so you should have it in the next week maybe two depending on how traffic is crossing the pond

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to TrishaLouise

You can take the girl out of Texas but you cannot take Texas out of the girl! Isn't that what they say Trisha?

You have been an awesome sister and that motherload of ribbon was something else. You have sent me wonderful goodies and I've loved EVERYTHING!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-03-12 03:54 PM
In response to RachelUK

Linz! Thanks for being such a great big sister. I got my last package which was filled with fabulous goodies that I just love! Thank you so much to my favorite TWIHARD sister. I have something for you that I just got. I *think* you may like it! :0)

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • babigirl Said:
Oh ok it means war then I can't even defend him on that lol

Shatema you crack my up!!! Nobody can say you didn't try to save the birds life. For a little while. LOL!!

Yeah i tried it didnt work lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Well signing off this thread see u all on the next thread.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to babigirl

Also signing off this thread. Will post a pic of our rings in the new thread.

Thanks for a great round ladies. Especially my super awesome sister Rachel!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Welcome back Rebecca - we missed you! Did your mouth drop open when you read the Bride-to-be's news?!!

It sure did!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Deb-doodle Said:
Hi Rebecca!! It's great to have you back. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

One of the coolest things we did was to attend an Amish Produce Auction. Everyday we headed out from the hotel in a different direction and let the roads (cow paths in some cases) take us wherever they led.

We saw Amish folk, covered bridges, and lots and lots of corn fields and soybeans!

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Linz! Thanks for being such a great big sister. I got my last package which was filled with fabulous goodies that I just love! Thank you so much to my favorite TWIHARD sister. I have something for you that I just got. I *think* you may like it! :0)

Yep, I am a TWIHARD...LOL Got a little collection of memorabilia including two Edward Cullen cardboard cutouts, which are soon to be moved to my scraproom...

I am so glad you like it! I had so much fun shopping for you!! See you in the next round! Hugs!!

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

Hello,hope everyone had a great 4th,have a great round big and little sis,May join the next round,Joy

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to joydee1963

Joy you was and awesome big sis thanks for an awesome round I really enjoyed having you as my big sis

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to babigirl

Thanks so much Babigirl,

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to joydee1963

signing off!

Page 45 of 45 
Permissions Topic Options