Page 3 of 45 
Username Post: Secret sister swap (April~June) Closed for this round        (Topic#1573177)
mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Drayia

wow i just realized once we get pals we have two weeks to get them a package and i shop online so will have to order hum like the day will get the pal!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-06-12 11:04 AM
In response to mommie75

Everyone be sure to update your wish lists!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

Jennifer, you can give or take a few days on that.

I will probably take myself to see Hunger Games sometime next week. This weekend is really busy. Tonight John is taking me to Hooters. Love me some 3-mile island wings, then tomorrow we are going to an Easter bash at a friend's house. The grands will be there so that will be so much fun. I'll get to see a lot of my friends that I haven't seen since last years Easter bash.

Then tomorrow night we are going to see a local band that we both like. It's not the Hazzard Kounty boys. They are called Thomas Wynn and the believers. The are sort of a bluesy southern rock band. Very good!!! The lead guitarist from Hazzard Kounty, Will, just left me a comment on facebook that he would be there too. He said they were the best band in Orlando. Gulp!!!! I sure hope Eric from Hazzard Kounty doesn't see that!!

Thomas Wynn has been touring all over the U.S. the past few months. From Texas to New York. I'm glad they're back this way though.

Speaking of that, Rachel, you never told me how you liked your Hazzard Kounty CD.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Deb-doodle

thanks for all the love on my cakes! You are all so sweet!

I am definitely glad march is over and all those cakes are done. They are a lot of work.

Deb sounds like a fun weekend. I wish I lived in Florida. Sounds like its always a blast.

Going out for dinner tonight and then to dh's grandparents Sunday for dinner. Also Easter egg hunting Sunday with the kids.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to littleMRSimelda

I did end up staying home form work today. It was the right thing to do becuase with all of the rest and water I am feeling quite a bit better.

I even made a few cards this afternoon for the 20/20 challenge!

Happy Easter By Scrapbrarian

Rainbow butterfly birthday card By Scrapbrarian

Rainbow butterfly birthday cards By Scrapbrarian

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

I don't have much going on tomorrow, massage in the morning and scrapping the rest of the day!

Sunday I'll spend with my mom after church.

On Monday after work a few of my besties and I are going to see Mirror, Mirror. It looks very funny and the costumes are amazing!

Life is good!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Ok so I just read my last post and can only imagine what Tina will say about it-LOL

uhhuh lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Everyone be sure to update your wish lists!

mine is up to date!! I may have to place an order myself though, cause these awesome purple flowers (my fave color) that I've wanted for months, FINALLY came in! got notification from sb.com yesterday.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Tina scraps

Love your cakes Imelda!

Great cards Rebecca & Rachel. Rachel LOVE the birthday one! And Rebecca love the butterfly birthday one! So different, but both of yours are sooo beautiful!

Hi Miss PINK!!! I am doing ok! Glad to hear you got to walk into your studio!! Did you do any creating?

I soooo want the Simple Stories Baby collection! I also just got notification that it was in stock! I just LOVE the simple stories' collections, even though I have no inclination to scrap using their system!

I am FOR SURE going to scrap tonight! I just HAVE TO! I need the relaxation factor and I want to be creative! I just need to get off the iPad/MacBook/iPhone before I get to tired to scrap! Technological gadgets are my downfall!!!

Can't wait to get my pal

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to Megan Ann

My bosses ended up leaving early today and as he was walking he looked at me and my coworker and said if you get bored you can leave....There were only two of us left. AS soon as he got out the door, we looked at each other and said "We're bored" and closed shop....Woohoo! (An hour and a half early)

So hubby and I went out to the local Mexican restaurant and had margaritas and dinner...yum...

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to LinzLou

So Megan what are you making?

Linz sounds like a nice afternoon and evening.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Rebecca. Lucky lady! I need a massage! Dh usually gets me one for mothers day. Just a few more weeks:)

Rebecca and Rachel
Great job on your cards!

Feeling tired tonight but I want to stay up and scrap. That is what I shall do!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I have both my boys home for Easter and also Marks sweet gfriend Nada, who I love! The two of them went to London yday and walked so much they were exhausted when they got home.

I scrapped all day (after doing a big pile of ironing first so I felt perfectly virtuous)!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Good morning ladies. Rebecca, those cards are beautiful!!! A massage sounds like heaven to me and I'm glad you're feeling better. Let us know how you like the movie.

Linz, Mexican food and a margarita? My kind of night.

Last night when we went to Hooter's we only got beer. They don't sell hard liquor there. Maybe next time we'll go to Fridays. LOL!!

Thursday night he brought some food home from this little Spanish place. It was so delish!!! It had the fried plantains, yucca with olives in it, that was so good and interesting. Then some deliciously seasoned pork and yellow rice with some meat and beans.

I have never had that kind of food before!!! I took the leftovers for lunch yesterday.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to RachelUK

Morning ladies today would have been my son Alexander's 20th birthday so today I'm going spend the day with him. I will probably go to the park where there is a plaque in his memory just to be near him

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Charisma3103

Janie: Hugs & thinking of you today

Rebecca: Beautiful cards! Love the colorful one.

Rachel: Enjoy your weekend with your sons

Deb:It sounds like you & John are two peas in a pod.

I have an exciting day of cleaning the closets out!! I hope to have a yard sale next weekend and I need to get my junk together. My plan is to hoard all of the money I make and spend it at the scrap convention next month on things I really do not need. lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

YUM Mexican and margaritas sound wonderful. Maybe I can get DH to take me tonight.

I love the Hunger Games and want to go back and see it again.

I'm off to my son's trapshoot meet today, my parent's for Easter tomorrow. Have a great weekend ladies and enjoy your family and friends this wonderful holiday weekend.

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to tinadn

Janie: Hugs to you today....

I'm sitting here watching The Man in the Moon for the upteenth time and crying again....gets me every time....Both doggies are going to the groomer to get shaved. This should prove to be interesting because the older one has never has his hair cut. Then, it's back home to tear out the flower beds and color Easter eggs with hubby....And tomorrow we go to hubby's aunt's home for Easter dinner and egg hunts for the nephews and niece....

Have a safe and happy Easter weekend everyone!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:

I have an exciting day of cleaning the closets out!! I hope to have a yard sale next weekend and I need to get my junk together. My plan is to hoard all of the money I make and spend it at the scrap convention next month on things I really do not need. lol

Sounds like my kind of plan!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Janie

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Janie~you are in my thoughts and prayers today!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Very neat cards Rebecca!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Going to sleep now...worked over-night last night and then did the rest of the Easter shopping and the kids went to an egg hunt...now I'm ready to SLEEP! Dan is home so it won't be an issue about them having to sleep when I'm asleep (and even if they don't nap today, I am going to nap for sure!)

Hope all of you are getting ready to have a wonderful Easter! I know I am!

Megan~I did do a layout yesterday. It was just a simple one and isn't anything special. I was having fun working on it though!

Anyone have any of the we r memory keepers lucky 8 punches? I do NOT have any yet and I really want to try them. They are 40 bucks though so I'm holding off on those for a while. If anyone has any, let me know what you think!

Trisha~OMG Thank you for letting me know about AHS...I am totally excited for the new season! That other one was totally amazing in my book! I was shocked every single episode. It isn't often that a show does that every single week! Can't wait till it starts...wish you and I lived closer Trisha...I know we would be doing the movie thing all the time!

Debbie~have fun! Your weekend sounds amazing!!!

Jennifer~don't worry about the 2 week deadline. I just want the boxes mailed by the end of this month and then the boxes after that will be easy.

Is everyone ready to get their new sisters??? I know I am!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

Good Afternoon.

Can't wait to get my little sister.

Janie - Hugs to you on this day and hope the happy memories fill you.

Rebecca - love the cards but especially the Rainbow butterflies - total fav.

Linz - what a nice little surprise. I love it when I get out of work a little early.

Good plan Trisha - makes me wonder what I can sell around the house which will allow me $$ to buy more scrappy stuff to hoard. I have been on a huge paper buying binge lately. I am pretty sure I could wallpaper my house in scrap papers - wouldn't that be interesting.

Hi Tina - how did your son do?

This morning I was outside when the furnace kicked on and I smelled gas. I went inside and could smell it there too, so I called the gas company. They came out and found no leaks (Yeah), but said the were 'red tagging' my furnace (meaning they wouldn't turn it back on) because of the flex wiring used on the inside when it was supposed to be iron. I only bought the furnace last year - he said and I agree the company knew better than to do this. The gas man also informed me of a couple other bad choices they made. Naturally when I called the company they don't work weekends and this isn't considered an emergency and I have to wait until Monday - grrr... Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about my house exploding and I may get cold but I shouldn't freeze.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to LinzLou

• LinzLou Said:
My bosses ended up leaving early today and as he was walking he looked at me and my coworker and said if you get bored you can leave....There were only two of us left. AS soon as he got out the door, we looked at each other and said "We're bored" and closed shop....Woohoo! (An hour and a half early)

yep, that'd be me too! lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I keep forgetting it's easter! Hope everyone has a good one. I'll be the first one at the store on Monday to get the on-sale candy

I'm actually on vacation now till April 18!! have to use up all my vacation time by the end of June, and since I finished my last major event at work this week and next Sat. is my birthday, figured this was as good a time as any! I have more days scheduled to use next month and a few more to schedule still.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi ladies,
I've got a few minutes and thought I'd check in again quick. DS did very well today. One of his better scores. He finished just as it started raining so I left before it was over and not sure how his team did overall.
I'm off to leave some gallery love and maybe scrap some.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• thinkpink22 Said:

Anyone have any of the we r memory keepers lucky 8 punches? I do NOT have any yet and I really want to try them. They are 40 bucks though so I'm holding off on those for a while. If anyone has any, let me know what you think!

Is everyone ready to get their new sisters??? I know I am!

A friend of mine bought me the green Lucky 8 punch on Wednesday! It is so awesome I love it. Just one BIG problem though....

Now I want all of the rest of them!!!!!

I am VERY ready to get my new sisters, big and little!

Sleep well Sweet Pink and Hoppy Easter to you and Dan & all of your little ones!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Tina scraps Said:
I keep forgetting it's easter! Hope everyone has a good one. I'll be the first one at the store on Monday to get the on-sale candy

I'm actually on vacation now till April 18!! have to use up all my vacation time by the end of June, and since I finished my last major event at work this week and next Sat. is my birthday, figured this was as good a time as any! I have more days scheduled to use next month and a few more to schedule still.

Have a fun few days of vacation. Will you be doing a lot of scrapping? Will Jason be off any of that time?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Yay Miss PINK!!! I would love to see your LO! I did one last night too!

Rebecca, here is what I was working on last night:

the RINGS By Megan Ann

It is based on a sketch by Victoria! I simplified it a little bit, but the sketch is totally what got me motivated to work on this wedding album I want to finish before the couple's 1 year anniversary (which is in 2 months!) so I need to work on it!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Megan Ann

hi ladies not much going on around here this weekend we are pretty boring people. went to the groc store. that was about the fun for the weekend..

tonight will make up easter baskets for the kidos tomorrow i think we are going to drive up to the lake/camp ground and check it out . we have yet to find a place to go camping and we moved here almost 3 years ago. so a guy told my hubby about a place that is 45 min away so we are going to do that sunday..

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to mommie75

janie big hugs to you today..hope you are doing ok

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to mommie75

i have been gathering stuff to have a yard sale for couple weeks well i gathered it all know just no time or right weather. this weekend today 60% chance of rain and also easter weekend.. next weekend we are out of town.. last two weekends had doc appointment on sat.. urg never time anymore..

i usally just donate all the stuff i get ride of to good will ( took a whole car load in dec) but kids have been on me to have one. so i have a pool table full of stuff but no time/.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Charisma3103 Said:
Morning ladies today would have been my son Alexander's 20th birthday so today I'm going spend the day with him. I will probably go to the park where there is a plaque in his memory just to be near him

Janie - I hope you have had the loveliest of days, sharing your memories of your sweet boy.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I finished a lo for Emily's album today - 3 more to go I think! And whats more, I also found a photo that I really wanted to include, so that was good news too.

I bought a Big Shot in January, and could not begin to work out how to use it, so Neil helped me yesterday, and today I have been cutting and embossing all over the place. I think I'm gonna love it! I went and bought some Nestabilities despite my pledge to myself! I think I am there with the cards but not so good with the los - maybe a few more tomorrow and Monday!

Night all.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Janie. Sending hugs your way. I hope you had a beautiful day with your son!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Really excited to get my new sisters!! So many new faces so I'm excited to get to know everyone!

I got a big shot from my awesome sis last round for a 2 month combo package. I have used it a few times but don't have many folders.... Yet. I love it though!!! Thanks again pink!!

I have do e 3 Los over the past couple of days. I'll upload pics later tonight.

I got my iPhone last month and it's awesome. I can now Pics that you ladies post to this thread right in my emails!!! And it's better for logging in during the day although the wifi sucks in different places in my house.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Great new lo Megan!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-07-12 05:27 PM

Good evening ladies.

Janie, I hope you had a peaceful day......

I hope everyone has a special Easter tomorrow.
I, too am anxious to get my new sister!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to vawm

Janie thinking of you today

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I finished a lo for Emily's album today - 3 more to go I think! And whats more, I also found a photo that I really wanted to include, so that was good news too.

I bought a Big Shot in January, and could not begin to work out how to use it, so Neil helped me yesterday, and today I have been cutting and embossing all over the place. I think I'm gonna love it! I went and bought some Nestabilities despite my pledge to myself! I think I am there with the cards but not so good with the los - maybe a few more tomorrow and Monday!

Night all.

Rachel: Your going to love it!!

My neighbor got a big shot a couple of months ago. Instead of buying folders & die cuts she comes and gets mine. lol I don't mind sharing with her. She is really good about returning them.

Funny for you: So has any one heard about a book called 50 shades of grey? I read the book last year before anyone had a clue about it! I raved about it and last Nov. @ Bunco I tell the book worms in the group to go read it. It was one of my favorite books from last year. Note: "It's not for the faint of heart" It's a bit disturbing!!! Did they listen to me? That would be a big NO!
So last week one "smart *ss" says (hey, you all need to read 50 shades of grey)! WTF! Did I not just say that 5 months ago? Now the ding bats only want to read it because it's number 2, 3, & 4 on the New York best sellers list.

When are people going to realize I have EXCELLENT taste in books, music, and picking a husband! Lol

Imelda: I am still waiting on your report of "The night circus" it's in my TBR pile.....

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Trisha, I LOOOOVVVEEEDDDD Night Circus. It's in my Top 5 of books I've read in the last couple of years! and now I'm going to check out 50 shades of gray since you recommended it.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Trisha sometimes you just have to look away and shake your head...

Thank you everyone for you kind words I spent the day in my room with my son reading and I also colored my hair I'm no longer a red head i am now a brunette

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Drayia

I want to join but I have a question what do u mean we must check in as our alternate sister ID does that mean we need to make a new name.

But def sign me up i am intrested and my name is Shatema

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• TrishaLouise Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

Night all.

My neighbor got a big shot a couple of months ago. Instead of buying folders & die cuts she comes and gets mine. lol I don't mind sharing with her. She is really good about returning them.

Is the Big Shot way different from the Cuttle Bug? I have a Cuttle Bug which I really love.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Charisma3103 Said:

Thank you everyone for you kind words I spent the day in my room with my son reading and I also colored my hair I'm no longer a red head i am now a brunette

Before and after photos please!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
I want to join but I have a question what do u mean we must check in as our alternate sister ID does that mean we need to make a new name.

yep, you have to make a new name, that way your "little" sister doesn't figure out who you are right away!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tinadn

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! My kids are jumping out of their skin with candy!!!! I was up working all night so I need some instant energy too!

Hope all of you have a super wonderful day!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Tina scraps Said:
  • babigirl Said:

yep, you have to make a new name, that way your "little" sister doesn't figure out who you are right away!

Thanks for answering this

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Welcome Shatema!

To sign up with a new id, you need to get a new email address to. I always go to Yahoo and sign up under my secret sister's name as my id...like if I were my own ss, I would open a yahoo account as KimberlyG sister as my first and last name. Once that is opened, you can open an account on sb.com with your ss's name (example: Kimberly's big sis) and then post on our thread to your sister using the fake id.

This round, we are going to be strict again on the posting as yourself at least once a week AND posting to your little sister at least once a week. I was a doubter for a long while about the check in rule, but last round, nobody checked in and it really wasn't much fun at all! I'm now a firm believer that if you all check in and chat and tease your little sisters, the round is so much more fun! And who doesn't like to check in and see a message just for you on here! Makes my day every time I get one!

If you have any questions about this round, please pm me or Debbie and we will be happy to help.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Ok thanks for helping me so once I get my sister I will just go to yahoo and sign up thanks again

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to tinadn

Happy Easter everyone!!
Just came in from our egg hunt. I'm sure my kids will be strung out on sugar in no time! Lol

Hope everyone is having a great morning

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Happy easter to u to

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou

• TrishaLouise Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

Night all.

Funny for you: So has any one heard about a book called 50 shades of grey? I read the book last year before anyone had a clue about it! I raved about it and last Nov. @ Bunco I tell the book worms in the group to go read it. It was one of my favorite books from last year. Note: "It's not for the faint of heart" It's a bit disturbing!!! Did they listen to me? That would be a big NO!
So last week one "smart *ss" says (hey, you all need to read 50 shades of grey)! WTF! Did I not just say that 5 months ago? Now the ding bats only want to read it because it's number 2, 3, & 4 on the New York best sellers list.

When are people going to realize I have EXCELLENT taste in books, music, and picking a husband! Lol

Imelda: I am still waiting on your report of "The night circus" it's in my TBR pile.....

50 Shades of Gery is on my Kindle wish list.....have to finish the Hunger Games Trilogy first...I've heard great things about it....and they are making a movie here soon I think.....

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to tinadn

Well, we dug out the flower beds yesterday and put a total of 30 bags of lava rock gravel in. This morning, hubby and I cannot move.....Every bone in our bodies hurts...LOL...ow...hurts to laugh....oh well it looks 150 times better than it did....

We're off to the aunt's house for the dinner and egg hunt....We're going to have 4 very hyper kiddos after it is all said and done.....

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to LinzLou

Trisha Night circus is great so far. I kinda stopped reading since March was so crazy and since I got my iPhone. The book is on the iPad which I almost never see. Going to have to take it from dh if I ever want to finish the book.

It's very well written though. So many details that you can see so clearly in your mind!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Hi shatema, pink and Linz

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • Charisma3103 Said:

Before and after photos please!

Agreed!

I always want to try a drastic change but never have the guts

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Hi everyone!

First thing this morning I arranged for my brother in Australia to talk to my mum in the hospital by phone, so I'm hoping that all went smoothly!

Then Neil and I went to church, which was great - chocolate Easter eggs and hot cross buns for everyone, AND the pastor's 2nd daughter just got engaged, and we all love her boyfriend - he has dreadlocks, (they both have!)and someone sprinkled that silver heart confetti in his hair - now that may be there for some time!

Back home I set up an Easter egg hunt in the garden for ds Mark and his gfriend Nada, who had never done one before. Mark literally started tearing round the garden at speed, which totally wound them both up - they were like a couple of 6 year olds! I took photos but they look like a blur in some of them! It was great fun.

Just played a game of Scrabble and now need to go and start on dinner, as we are having a big roast and then home made lemon meringue pie - yum!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I love the sound of babies giggling - whats not to like - so had to include these cute pics in Emily's album!

(no sweeter sound than a baby's) Chuckle! By RachelUK

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to LinzLou

• LinzLou Said:
Well, we dug out the flower beds yesterday and put a total of 30 bags of lava rock gravel in. This morning, hubby and I cannot move.....Every bone in our bodies hurts...LOL...ow...hurts to laugh....oh well it looks 150 times better than it did....

We're off to the aunt's house for the dinner and egg hunt....We're going to have 4 very hyper kiddos after it is all said and done.....

Hope you have fun at ya easter egg hunt.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Hi shatema, pink and Linz

Hi how are you

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to RachelUK

Rachel very cute picture I love it

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to RachelUK

Rachel- i have some pics that are blurry too. It I'm going to scrap them anyway... Describes the event perfectly. Haha

I live the sound of babies giggling. Makes my womb ache. Hehe. Holding off for a couple of years though.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Just want to say I am so excited about this swap. I hope to make some new friends on the way

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to babigirl

of course it's more fun when people check in more often...if all I wanted was a package in the mail, I'd just buy the stuff myself! lol

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i will admit i am horrible and checkin in under secert names.. urg i used to have time to sit all day and chat not so much anymore lol

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

Happy Easter everyone.

Shatema - welcome to the swap.

I took the dogs for an early morning walk and all along the way ran into Easter Egg hunts - love all the laughter that was in the mail.

I colored my hair red once (normally dark blonde) before I went on vacation. It was one of those that wash out after so many washings. I kind of did a crappy job of it so that was a good thing but it was fun to do something different.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Sherrenae

• Sherrenae Said:
Happy Easter everyone.

Shatema - welcome to the swap.

I took the dogs for an early morning walk and all along the way ran into Easter Egg hunts - love all the laughter that was in the mail.

I colored my hair red once (normally dark blonde) before I went on vacation. It was one of those that wash out after so many washings. I kind of did a crappy job of it so that was a good thing but it was fun to do something different.

I went a burgandy color once and my hair is dark brown that's bout as far as i think I have the guts for.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to babigirl

Happy Easter,Been gone to my my cabin for last 4 days ,no internet there! Joy

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to joydee1963

Okay you all asked for it

before and after photos.. Hubs doesn't like it he says it needs to be washed a few times to take away some of the color. Men phhhffffffftttttt.

Old color
Old color By Charisma3103

New Color

My new color By Charisma3103

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

I like it i really do

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to babigirl

I'm partial to red being a natural redhead myself but I love the new color Janie!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to babigirl

I like the new colour but you have to smile then we'll all like it - including dh! It's psychological!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

Janie, I like the new color!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Janie, I really like the red, but I think I'm a little partial!!! I've never colored my hair, but if this grey keep creeping in, it's going to be sooner than I think!!

Here's a big hug for you! I hope you had great memories of your son all day.

Trisha I've been gearing up for a yard sale myself. I still have all of Bruce's clothes and tons of tools not to mention countless other things. It's going to be massive!!! I think that's why I'm procrastinating. Plus it seems like there's always something else going on around here.

I don't do much reading, but I listen to audio books every day ALL day at work. I'll have to see if they have that Shades of Grey at the library. I did listen to The night Circus and really liked it. Any more you can recommend?

Tina, enjoy your vacation!!! You should come to Florida. Are you afraid to get on a plane?

Tinadn, Good job goes to your son!!

Megan that's a beautiful wedding page you did!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

John and I went over the one of the kids friends house for an Easter bash on Saturday. It was great!! All the kids friends were there and they all have kids and babies so that was fun.

I got to spend some time with my grands too. Little Drake was so dapper in a hat and suspenders. LOL!! I'll have to put up a picture. Jarrod was there with his new girlfriend and her 2 kids.

There were several hundred Easter eggs full of candy, money and prizes for the kids. They all had a blast. Tons of food too!! Everyone brings a dish.

After that John and I took off to Deland about an hour away to see a band we like. We got a room there in the town so we didn't have to drive all the way home late last night. It was a great time!! The town is really small and adorable!! We drove around this morning for awhile just looking at all the neat little shops then had breakfast in one of the local restaurants. Stetson University is right there on main street.

DebDoodlesotherplace
Veteran
DebDoodlesotherplace

Here's little Drake. Isn't he adorable? He's my son Dane's son.

Dapper Drake. By DebDoodlesotherplace

Here's Brooke, my son Dane's daughter and Amelia who is my son Jarrod's girlfriend's daughter. Amelia is the one holding the dollar that she got from the golden egg. Brooke and Amelia By DebDoodlesotherplace

This is Shane, my son Dane's son with the eggs he found.
Shane By DebDoodlesotherplace

Edited by DebDoodlesotherplace on 04-08-12 04:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DebDoodlesotherplace
Veteran
DebDoodlesotherplace
In response to DebDoodlesotherplace

Here's one for giggles!! After the band played, which was outside in a courtyard, this girl brought out her hula hoops and I gave it a whirl. I lasted about 15 seconds. LOL!!

Hoola Hoop By DebDoodlesotherplace

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

i have been really busy lately so i will sit this one out this time Thanks

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to bluucaca

I hope everyone had a nice Easter and/or Sunday! i will upload Aslan & my Sunday pic later & share with you all!

Kayla's not feeling well, so she headed to bed early. I'm going to try to scrap or art journal tonight, just to get some creative time!

Thanks for the compliments on my wedding page! I appreciate the feedback

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Here is my picture:

Megan & Aslan's Spring Sunday Pic By Megan Ann

Off to be creative!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to bluucaca

Janie love the new color!

Sounds like lot's of Easter enjoyment for everyone! Ours was pretty quiet, just Michael and my mom and I for dinner at her place. It was nice though.

Doodles love that hoola hooping photo! And of course the photos of the grands!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Here are the cards and lo's I did this weekend. TFL!

little archer By Scrapbrarian

come out and play By Scrapbrarian

Happy Birthday By Scrapbrarian

taking the plunge By Scrapbrarian

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Deb, I'm not afraid to fly, why? I'm not that big into FL though, too hot and humid for me. Since Jason's parents are in FL, we'll obviously go back there again on occasion, and since we still have 4 days on a disney pass we bought several years ago.

I'm psyched about the fact that tomorrow is Monday, but I don't have to get up since I'm on VACATION!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Sounds like the perfect day Tina!! A Monday where you can sleep in!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-08-12 08:37 PM
In response to Megan Ann

Happy Events By Vawm

Here is my latest. I am participating in a round robin at Flying Unicorn, so this was my week 2 entry. Had a low key Easter.
Back to work for me tomorrow!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-08-12 08:38 PM
In response to vawm

Megan I love the picture of you and Aslan. Hope you will scrap it!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

Hello ladies! I am at work but for the first time since I started working here, I brought my laptop. The lady I work for told me to start bringing it if I wanted to!

So, it's after 2 AM and I'm busy busy busy~LOL!!!

My kids had a great Easter...the little ones anyway! Both of my older two had to work today so we are doing our big meal later in the week.

Rachel~that is a lovely layout! I think you asked me a while ago what big meal I've made on my new stove/oven....NONE! It is sitting in our soon to be remodeled kitchen. We have two kitchens but the oven weighs so much, we weren't going to carry it upstairs to use it. So, once our kitchen is done here in a few months, the stove will start being used. I can't wait. I sent a picture of it to someone...did I post it here...maybe that's what I'm remembering. Anyway, aside from actually NOT being ashamed of my house (remodeling~the process of~just not a real pretty sight), the stove is one of the things I'm looking forward to!

Has anyone tried the new we r memory keepers lucky 7 punches? I haven't even purchased any of them yet but I hope to get a couple of them when I meet Rebecca next month for a mega meet and scrapbooking week! If I don't find them, I'm pretty sure I will be able to find some other "must haves" though!

Have a wonderful Monday all!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Happy Events By Vawm

Here is my latest. I am participating in a round robin at Flying Unicorn, so this was my week 2 entry. Had a low key Easter.
Back to work for me tomorrow!

SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Here is my picture:

Megan & Aslan's Spring Sunday Pic By Megan Ann

Off to be creative!

Totally sweet Megan!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Charisma3103 Said:
Okay you all asked for it

before and after photos.. Hubs doesn't like it he says it needs to be washed a few times to take away some of the color. Men phhhffffffftttttt.

Old color
Old color By Charisma3103

New Color

My new color By Charisma3103

I have NEVER had the guts to change my hair color...but I admire people who do! Really both colors look good on you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• DebDoodlesotherplace Said:
Here's one for giggles!! After the band played, which was outside in a courtyard, this girl brought out her hula hoops and I gave it a whirl. I lasted about 15 seconds. LOL!!

OMG~look at your skinny little hot body! And you've only been sending me feet! You HAVE lost a ton of weight! Care to give your fat friend some pointers???

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• scrapbrarian Said:
Here are the cards and lo's I did this weekend. TFL!

little archer By Scrapbrarian

come out and play By Scrapbrarian

Happy Birthday By Scrapbrarian

taking the plunge By Scrapbrarian

As always, your work it so amazing! I think one of the things I like best about your work is that you do so MANY different styles. Most scrappers kind of get into what they like and it seems like all of the ones they do look similar. Your layouts and cards never do. You are multi-talented...of course, I already knew this from seeing your work IRL!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:
of course it's more fun when people check in more often...if all I wanted was a package in the mail, I'd just buy the stuff myself! lol

This is true! Nobody ever accused me of being right all the time!!!! In fact, if you discuss with my children how often I'm right, I might be in the negative numbers!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• DebDoodlesotherplace Said:

You go girl! Hula hoop and all - do it for the rest of us 50-something year olds!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I love the one from the retreat Rebecca! I still really want to scrap the loo in the LSS - it was the most fabulously pretty loo I have ever seen! I can still go into raptures over it!

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to RachelUK

Just to let you all know I am a natural redhead i just got fed up wanted something different.. i was strawberry blonde growing up then had my first son and it darkened up

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I love the one from the retreat Rebecca! I still really want to scrap the loo in the LSS - it was the most fabulously pretty loo I have ever seen! I can still go into raptures over it!

Well why don't you Rachel? I scrapped the bathrooms in China & Egypt.

Janie: The new hair color is nice

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Happy Monday morning all!

Kimberly, counting down the days til your visit, less than a month now!

Page 3 of 45 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics