Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Paper Sisters Circle Binder/Pages Swap (Invitaion only)        (Topic#1573685)
debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Cassondra71

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

I found one binder for one of ladies I'm making a binder for. Just need to find one more now but I'm having trouble finding the color I want.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to silver26AK

I have one binder done. I will be working on the other one some time this week..

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena
In response to debby_westbrook

morning!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to cheena

JCI...

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Still haven't worked on these at all but its on my "to do list"!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Doing the ugly paper thing- then the tags- then this is next...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

Good Morning!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I spoke with Bon and she has been Throwing up nights and not being able to get much sleep.

Saying a prayer and sending you a big hug Bon!!!!

This will be a repeat on other threads...

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

to Bon & anyone else needing one

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-27-12 10:01 PM

Hi Sisters...

Just droppin' in to say "hello" and let you all know I love and think of you every day.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

HELLO!!! JCI....

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

JCI....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-01-12 05:36 PM

Hi Sisters...

Just droppin' by to check in on all of you!!! Pretty quiet in here!

Hugs back at ya Deb!

And a group hug to the rest of you!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

As in I know we all need hugs right now.

I'm going to work on the tags this next Saturday as it is SCRAP Day at my house. So wish I could at least get Skype and I'd dial y'all in to play paper with us. If I finish the tags- I will work on my partner's binder. Have the chipboard and all- just need to cover, embellish & all those wonderful things. I have just the perfect paper for her too. I also just got in a bunch of ribbon that was on sale at SB.com- I plan on putting a lot of ribbon tales on the hinges. I also just got in a new CTMH stamp set that matches her perfect theme.... the format is coming together in my head- now to put it together....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-03-12 12:10 PM
In response to charcats7

Can't wait to see your tags Char!!! Scrap therapy is the best therapy for what ails us!!!!

I love you

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Love you too Bon - working on tags tonight

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-03-12 07:06 PM
In response to charcats7

Me too!!!! I am on a crafting rolllllllll!!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Hi Everyone!!!
Sorry I have been such a stinky hostess!!!
I will try to do better!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good summer....miss all of you and I can't wait until things settle down a bit so I can get back to being scrappy!!!

I STILL haven't started this Uhhhhhhh!!!! but I have some ideas so hopefully that counts for something!!!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I have one done.. I need to do the angel spot one and them the 10 pages of me...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-06-12 04:23 PM

I haven't done one either...BOO!!! I had so much catching up to do!!!

10 pages of ME....YIKES!!!!

I'll get there...One day!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I think I'm ready to start this now since my tags are now finally done & will be boxed up to mail as soon as the glitter dries on a few. Have my supplies and ideas- just need to put it all together & do it.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-07-12 05:10 PM
In response to charcats7

You're ahead of me on this one!!! I better get cracking huh???

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

OK ladies.....I know everyone has been running a bit behind....myself included and with the wedding right around the corner I knew there was NO way I was going to be able to get these done sooooooooo I hope nobody is to upset but I pushed the due date until the end of August.....August 30......I figured that would give us all some time to get caught up and in Sept we can start fresh!!!!

I was also thinking......for the pages about me/you......do you think we should make it simpler.....maybe come up with a standard form and just have each person fill in thier info and decorate the page a little bit??? that way if new people join or we want to add other friends to our books later its not such a big project to do a new page......just a thought....let me know what you think

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I like the way you think Cass!!! The standard type of form sounds awesome! I love the date being pushed to August 30th!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Here Here Cass - I say Aye to that idea.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

Thanks Debby & Char....I will wait to see how everyone else weighs in and in the mean time maybe start to put something together....I was thinking if I put it together I could just email to each of you.....you could print 10 copies, fill them out, embellish a little bit and BAM they are done!!!! nice and easy!!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

That would be perfect!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

That's a great idea- I have some cardstock I could feed thru the printer & it's done except for those finishing touches. Yes- making it easier I think will go a long way to helping everyone jump back on this one.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-08-12 10:27 PM
In response to charcats7

That is an EXCELLENT idea!!! You've got my vote!!!
August 30th due date and a standard form to fill out!! GOT IT!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Ok well with 3 votes I will go ahead and finish the form and then post it here for everyone to see.....that way we can decide if I need to add anything.....then once its done I will email a copy to everyone!!! I think you're right Char I think it will be a help to everyone!! and hopefully will help everyone get these finished so we can move on to something else!!!!

Thanks for the input ladies!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Yay

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-09-12 09:09 PM
In response to charcats7

It will be easy peasy to rock these out now!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Hope everyone else likes the idea

I think I am going to make up a page to record and keep track of what I have made for each person that will go beside their profile page.....that way I will have some idea what I have sent them when I was swapping alot I always worried I was repeating

Edited by Cassondra71 on 07-10-12 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

How goes the form Cass?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to charcats7

CI. Didn't realize it'd been so long since I checked in here. Still haven't started this either, since I still have a few more tags to make Sorry ladies. This summer is kicking my butt. I signed up for too much stuff, taking me longer than expected. I'm glad you all are such an understanding bunch though I like the extended DD and the standard form to fill out. Basic info and favorites and then maybe add a space for anything extra we might want to add to it. Sounds good to me

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-15-12 02:02 PM

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Hello everyone hope all of you had a FABULOS weekend!!!! another busy one here!!!! only a month until the big day so LOTS to do!!!

if you pm me your email address I can send each of you the "me form"

let me see if I can post it here to see if you think we need to add anything brb!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

ok so I can't seem to get it to paste and look right so heres what the form has....let me know if I should add anything

Name
SB Name
birthday
Fav
Color
Flower
Food
Music
Techinique
Products
Brands
Embellishments
A little about me

you can space it out any way you want....change the font....whatever tickles your fancy....as long as it has all the info we decide on in the order we decide it should go that way it will be an easy to use reference no matter which friends info we are looking at!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Cass- don't forget a photo of us- like a bust shot at minimum (I know we mentioned it somewhere before)- also if we have pets (as I know our furry friends are extended family to many of us)- kids & their DOB (as ages will quickly get outdated- unless they are grown & therefore just list them like- 1 DS etc)- or is all that too much? Or maybe just include that in the A little about me area as some bases of family. So we'd put a guide for the "A Little About Me" to please include your spouse, children & pets as applicable as well as the other unique things about yourself that you want to share.

What do you think?

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• debby_westbrook Said:
I'm so excited!!!!

I plan on using chipboard for my covers. I have 2 inch binder rings. I will use the protective page cover to line up the holes on my chipboard covers. I just have to figure out how big to make the chipboard covers because I want it to be a little bit bigger than the pages..

Debby - I plan on doing this too & bought what I thought was chipboard, but it is really more like the thickness of a cereal box- I'm thinking of doubling them together (4 sheets total) for the covers and then putting fabric glued & sewn on the edges (like bias tape to be strong) to hold everything together. Did you get actual chipboard- or did you get the same I got? and are you doing the same double up? Just curious as I've never ventured to put something together like this before.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

Good ideas Char!!!

so we will add to the list:
Children and their date of birth
spouse

Uhhhhhh I forgot what else...brb

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

and our PETS!!!!!

how could I forget that!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:
I'm so excited!!!!

I plan on using chipboard for my covers. I have 2 inch binder rings. I will use the protective page cover to line up the holes on my chipboard covers. I just have to figure out how big to make the chipboard covers because I want it to be a little bit bigger than the pages..

Debby - I plan on doing this too & bought what I thought was chipboard, but it is really more like the thickness of a cereal box- I'm thinking of doubling them together (4 sheets total) for the covers and then putting fabric glued & sewn on the edges (like bias tape to be strong) to hold everything together. Did you get actual chipboard- or did you get the same I got? and are you doing the same double up? Just curious as I've never ventured to put something together like this before.

I got the same thing you did Char!! I didn't double it up, I just used the one piece. After covering both sides with paper, It feels thick enough. I also put pockets on the inside of the front and back covers...

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Debby maybe you could email Char a picture of your album so she can see it.....I know it helped me to see it and helped me to start formulating a plan!!!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Good idea! If you pm me your email Char, I will take pictures and send them to you!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Ok Ladies I was looking at my list this am and realized I was CONFUSED!!!! I know who everyone partner is but there were 4 people in the circle who chose not to participate in this swap.....
Izzy
Henva
Vani
Lilly

I know we decided to make them a binder anyway
I took an extra name, Erin took one and Debby took one

The only person who still needs a binder made for them is Izzy and I can't remember if someone said they would do it and I just didn't write it down or if we still needed someone to make her one?????

Sorry my brain is so FRAZZLED!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-18-12 03:19 PM

I DID!!!!

I agreed to make Val's if she could not participate!! I am not entirely sure that she said that she couldn't...as I too am confused!!

But it was "I" who said I would be HAPPY to do hers if need be!!!

WHEWWWWWW....NO more confusion...HOPEFULLY!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

I thought it was you Bon but I didn't write it down and I just couldn't remember.....I wrote it down this time!!!!! thanks for making an extra......I know you said you were going to check in with her let us know if you talk to her and encourage her to pop in and say hello even if shes not participating.....and let her know we miss her!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Debby- I post my e-mail so no sense sending a separate message- [email protected]

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

JCI....hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!!

Is there anything else anyone can think of to add to the list for the "me" pages????

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Sorry It's taken so long... I will get a picture sent to you today Char!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I just sent the pics.. Let me know when you get them..

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Got them!!! AWESOME Debby. I love that you put pockets on the inside- great idea. Did you do anything under the paper to reinforce the area around the holes? I take it you also put a page protector in there to determine the size of the cover- I guess that would be the easiest way. How much beyond the page protector did you go? I remember you said you were adding a bit beyond, but don't remember how much. Maybe you didn't say.

Since I just finished (finally) my 1991 family album yesterday (WOOHOO)(only took me 1year + several months of unk qty) I will work on this next. So excited to have a major project behind me. That's one fat album too. Also the last of my CM albums I had bought when I first started scrapbooking. I can now move on to my CTMH albums and also being able to work on multiple projects at a time. That's my goal anyway.
Since my DH left for Ft Gordon this past Saturday I will have much more scrap time available to me- which is the good thing about him being gone

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Cassondra71 Said:
JCI....hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!!

Is there anything else anyone can think of to add to the list for the "me" pages????

Mailing Address (it's on the header of the thread- but since we are doing a "form" thought it best we add it)

How about also nicknames if it applies. For example, I'm Charlene, but often go by Char. Also there are nicknames I do not accept- like Charlie as my dad is Charles and goes by Charlie or Chuck, as well as I have a cousin Charlotte who goes by Charli- so- we need to account for nick-names. I guess the nicknames not accepted should go into the "A little about me" area- but you get the idea.

So we now have:
Name
SB Name
Nickname
Mailing Address
birthday
Children and their date of birth
Spouse
Pets
Favorites:
-Color/Color scheme
-Flower
-Food
-Music
-Technique
-Products
-Brands
-Embellishments
A little about me

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
Got them!!! AWESOME Debby. I love that you put pockets on the inside- great idea. Did you do anything under the paper to reinforce the area around the holes? I take it you also put a page protector in there to determine the size of the cover- I guess that would be the easiest way. How much beyond the page protector did you go? I remember you said you were adding a bit beyond, but don't remember how much. Maybe you didn't say.

Since I just finished (finally) my 1991 family album yesterday (WOOHOO)(only took me 1year + several months of unk qty) I will work on this next. So excited to have a major project behind me. That's one fat album too. Also the last of my CM albums I had bought when I first started scrapbooking. I can now move on to my CTMH albums and also being able to work on multiple projects at a time. That's my goal anyway.
Since my DH left for Ft Gordon this past Saturday I will have much more scrap time available to me- which is the good thing about him being gone

I didn't do any reinforcing around the holes. I did measure my book according to the size of the protector. I went 1/4 inch past the size of the page protector.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

that seems a good distance around- 1/4"

Which makes me think- Are we supplying our completed forms already IN a document protector when we send them? Or have all our own & place them when we get them? I'd prefer to place what I receive myself as I like mine to be all the same type. For example I use the Avery Heavy Duty diamond clear. Also it would probably be better on postage as less weight to mail.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

Good question! I agree with you Char!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

very good question....... I will add to the front......each person will provide their own page protctors!!!! I didn't really think about that they are all different thanks Char!!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

ok I updated the front page......someone please take a look and make sure it makes sense.....some times my fingers and brain don't work at the same speed!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

It makes perfect sense!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Looks great Cass.

Now- have we finalized the "form"? Should we put that on the front too so it will be easy for everyone to get to it?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

quick CI

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Cassondra71 Said:
very good question....... I will add to the front......each person will provide their own page protctors!!!! I didn't really think about that they are all different thanks Char!!!!

there are many types- some cheep ones don't allow thick or multiple pages. also there is non-glare (which I do not like personally), there is regular, heavy duty, etc- different brands vary how the pages sit in the binder too- you wouldn't think so, but I guess it's how they seam the edges. So my neatso self wants them all the same

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

I agree Char I want mine all the same!!! glad you thought of that!!!

I will post the form on the first post if theres anything that needs to be added just let me know

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

ok I posted the form on the first post......we should be able to just copy, paste and print!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

YAY

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

JCI hope everyone had a great weekand!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-30-12 04:35 PM

Just droppin' by to check in with y'all!!!

Thanks for posting the form on the first page Cass...makes it easy for my head!!! lol

I hope everyone is doing well...stay in touch all!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

working on a workshop for my CTMH group- then will work up my binder- then finishing my info pages... making progress - progress feels good

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

JCI

No progress here on anything paper but wedding plans are progressing....though the list isn't getting shorter yet !!! 2 weeks from today wether its done or not its WEDDING DAY!!!!

Char thank you sooooooo much for the smash book!!! I was soooooo surprised and sooooo excited!!!! what a wonderful gift from such a wonderful friend!!!! ty ty!!!!! HUGS!!!!!! can't wait to get started filling its beautiful pages!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

YAY- I'm so glad you like it. When I saw it and looked thru it- I immediately thought of you and just knew you would fill its pages.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena
In response to charcats7

Hi, I'm here ladies. sorry for being MIA, but like most, i have not started on these. as soon as I am finished with the tags I will start on these...

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to cheena

I'm right there with you Cheena- starting on these. Hope you didn't miss it, but there is an updated form for our info on the front page.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

JCI and then headed to bed....these days of wedding mayhem are starting to wear me down....thank goodness for Debby or I may have already hurt someone....LOL.....I took some time this evening when I came in from decorating and started writting in my smash book Char.....LOVE it!!!!! I saw your apples on the other thread....YUM!!!!!! no apples for us yet this year....our neightbor has a beautiful apple tree but she only comes up here a couple times a year so we usually "take care of" the apples for her......one of favorite parts of fall!!!!....OM Goodness did I just say fall?????? where the heck did summer go???? UHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Debby & I are having a scrap day saturday in lieu of a bachelorette party so I am going to work on my smash book then.....I think I may already be addicted to the smash book!!!!

hope everyone is doing well!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Cass- what an incredible awesomeness of an idea- a scrap day for a bachelorette party. I am so so glad you like your smash book & that I got it for you in time to put down the key things about all the preparation and process as well as the event itself.

Normally we haven't been getting any apples to survive the deer. However, since our friends moved into my dad's house (as renter/caretaker) they have 3 dogs- one a husky who stays out at night & watches the forest line for anything to venture towards the houses that he can chase. Thus the apples were allowed to ripen- all except those that the birds got. But only the small tree had the fruit. Only 1 of the larger trees had 6-12 or so- most that I can't reach. We did have a late frost after a mild winter- so the larger trees buds/fruit didn't survive that- maybe the smaller tree budded just after that- or being between the 2 larger trees was somehow protected... not sure. But I have enough to eat, make a pie & a tart or 2. Haven't cooked with these, so I guess that will be a test before I set up all those things to bake. LOL

I have an appointment with a neurologist on 20Aug about my migraines. I sure hope there's some answers as I'm tired of having a constant headache with spikes of migraines- daily. Ugh!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

so- tomorrow is Cass's big day- all the planning & preparation comes to an end- just praying she can enjoy it all and not worry about all the things that she intended, but didn't get done.

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to charcats7

Checking in. Still haven't been able to find a binder to alter for one of my partners. Just can't find the color I want.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I have one binder done and the other one is halfway done....

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
so- tomorrow is Cass's big day- all the planning & preparation comes to an end- just praying she can enjoy it all and not worry about all the things that she intended, but didn't get done.

congrats to cass, I hope she has a wonderful wedding and enjoys her day and in the end the little things don't matter all that matters is your married and it was one of the best days of your life, when I got married the day before the limo place called as we were getting ready to go to rehearshal and said my limo I rented was broke down in another state and they were trying to get me another one I sat there and bawled my maid of honor says it don't matter you are still gonna be married and that is all that matters it took alot of talking to me but it all ended up being fine now we just sit back and laugh about it, and they got me 2 limos to make up for the one that was gonna fit the whole wedding party and they got us 3 bottles of champagne, it all worked out

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to scrappinlilly

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Just checking in......our wedding day was PERFECT....almost NOTHING went the way we planned but in the end it was FABULOUS......I am very glad its over though!!! and hope soon to be able to get back to our regular life!!! fighting a nasty sinus thing right now but going to try this evening to work on my ugly papers.....been so long since I did a LO not sure I remember how!!!!

Char - sure hope your appt goes well and find some good news out....praying for you sister!!!!

thanks everyone for the happy wishes!!!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

How about a status update????? how is everyone doing on this project????

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

I haven't even started. I feel horrible about that. I'm still trying to finish tags(I only have 2 left to do). And I'm still on the hunt for a binder to alter for one of my partners.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

No worries erin!!! this was a big project!!

I am going to send a note out today to everyone in the group to see where all the projects stand and if they want to continue on in the group....we kind of got off to a slow start have kinda let things drag out a bit.....we have all been so busy that its been easy to keep moving the due date.....and thats ok....I just think we need to have everyone check in and let us know if they still want to participate in the group and then wrap up all the projects we have started and move on to something that maybe doesn't take so much time......with the holidays right around the corner I hate to see all of us get bogged down with more projects and this become a chore and not something that we enjoy!!!

My goal is to work on my binder Thursday and by weekends end to have it and my about me pages done!!! we will see how it goes!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I'm almost done with these!!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Debbys showing off again....LOL....since youre almost done feel free to come over and work on mine LOL!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

LMBO...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-30-12 02:16 PM

Hi All...

Sorry I have been away but there wasn't much going on here for a while so I just stopped checking in. In fact, I don't think I have been on SB.com for a couple of weeks now!

Life is crazy for me right now, as it is for most of you so I will just tell you that I am going to send out everything that has been sent to me as of now! I will sort it, pack it up, and have it mailed out to y'all on Monday.

Even though Cheena, Lilly, Val, and Susie haven't sent anything I will still be sending your items to you. I know that it will cost me but I am NOT going to keep track of the expense. I am only going to make sure that everything that has been sent to me for each of you, makes it to it's appropriate person. After that, Cassondra will see to it that everything is swapped out from here.

I do need an address for Cheena and Lilly though. So if anyone has their address or if they see this post please PM me your address so that I can send your package on it's way. I have everyone else's address already, either because I received a package from you or because I previously swapped with you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I will check be checking for those addresses before mailing everything on Monday.

Take care...Be blessed...

Bon

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I have my Binders Done!!!! Now for the pages of me!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Good job Debby!!! I started on my pages of me.....figured I would get that out of the way first!!

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics