Username Post: Embossing Diffusers        (Topic#1573981)
designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

This product has changed my life. I don't know how I survived this long without it and if I hadn't got it today, I don't know if I would've seen tomorrow!

This must be the first product that I've seen and thought nothing about, but then when I saw it used, had that moment of WHOA AND WOW.

You will look at all of your embossing folders with new eyes.

But it!!!

-kory

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to designguyKORY

Lordy Kory I have absolutely no idea what that is! Educate me please!

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac

just got an email from our LSS about these being in stock right now. Is there a video showing how to use them?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to scrappinmac

I don't know if there is a video or now- if I had any clue and/or patience to properly make a video and upload it, I would- that is how excited I am about this product!

I've seen them online, they're from Sizzix/Tim Holtz and I didn't think much about them, it didn't register with me or something- but today,I went to a Demo Day at an LSS today- and we used them to make a card.

They make it so that you can only emboss PART of the paper. There are three shapes in the set, making it so you can emboss in 6 different ways-

You can emboss the sheet and leave a circle FLAT- or an oval or a big oval. OR you can reverse it and emboss just a circle shape (and so on).

It's SO cool. Trust me. Just buy it!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb

Just saw a video of TH using them. A must have for me!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to prittb

Yes! You'll love them!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

I just googled these, and I am so getting some next payday. Thanks for the heads-up on these. I can already see cards stamped with these.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30

• designguyKORY Said:
Yes! You'll love them!

OMG!!! Thanks for sharing Kory! I love the embossing diffusers. Now I have the Vagabond machine I will have to get these next week for payday.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Thaiti30

YES! You will love them!

I just posted on my blog about them- with pics of the card I made today at 'Demo Day' when I bought them. They really are incredible.
-k

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero

These look AMAZING!!!!! Now to find them somewhere here in Canada, we seem to get things months after the fact!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to uruvero

They are amazing. When I first heard of them/saw them online- I didn't get it...

Then I saw them in a store and it just didn't sink in-

but today, to see them in use- it was a total lightbulb moment.

I am in love!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I've used a piece of chipboard to keep a portion of the embossing folder from embossing.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NMlady

Okay Kory - this is awesome. Holly has already got me started on nesties (she's my enabler) and I don't even have a machine yet because I can't make up my miind which one to buy.

Now, I'd better get these to use with the machine I don't have.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

oh Henri, go get a BigKick! I use mine's all the time! More than my Cricut. Which sucks, since the BigKick was so much cheaper.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Henri I agree with Kory, only mine isn't a bigkick, I have the big shot & vegabond but same idea and I adore mine! Use them much much more than my cricut

and I love those embossing diffusers! We were demoing them at archivers this week and we now are sold out and have a massive waiting list! Which does stink since I can't actually buy until the list is gone

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to MrsAnnieS

do u know if it will work in the texture boutique?

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to nuskrappa

ooooh... i found something that will work without having to buy the diffusers (i was looking too..thanks kory the enabler). here's a link to a tutorial on how to make your own embossing diffuser out of cardboard. so cool!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/d ...

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to nuskrappa

I had never heard of these before and now I NEED them ... awesome enabling job Kory

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to nuskrappa

Knowing how to do that would allow you even more shapes!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to CrimsonMama

i agree!! imagine the possibilities..all the different shapes you could make.. im going to try it out this week!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to nuskrappa

OMG! This is BRILLIANT!!!
TFS!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to nuskrappa

that tutorial is FANTASTIC!!! I can't wait to try that technique

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to nuskrappa

I need to pick up a xyron eraser for someone at my LSS as soon as I can get there this week - will look for the embossing diffusers too.

I am torn between the Big Shot Pro and Grand Calibre - I only do scrapbook pages so I want as big as possible!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I have been playing around with the diffusers all freakin' day- well, I did take a break to go to the movies to see The Cabin in the Woods! What a fun movie!

I just did my first card with only embossing a circular shape on the card- it just is SO cool.

I got a memory card for my little handheld video camera-, I'm trying to get the nerve/energy/drive/whatev er to make a video, showing them- wouldn't that be fun? lol

And that's cool that's there's 'homemade' ways to do this- but I am very happy with how well this works - and the product is just terrific.

okay- back to my desk!

-k

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I will get the diffusers too Kory, but the "homemade" way allows you to use the nesties to make the cutout any shape you have in your arsenal ... very, very cool

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy

I did something similar. I kept picking up the die cuts and embossing folder to use in the vagabond. I didn't even own the machine yet, but I was hoping (for 2 years..lol)to eventually be able to get it. And now I have one. Even named it....Vlad, the Vagabond.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to MrsAnnieS

I just called my local Archivers, hoping they had the embossing diffuser. No such luck. No one knew what I was talking about...

Was hoping they were carrying it after I read your post. I guess I will have to order it online. No instant gratification for me. I was hoping to be able to try it since I have today and tomorrow off.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to shygypsy

The way I look at it - when I finally make up my mind and buy a machine, I'll have all the toys and accessories and be ready to play!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

• Henri Jean Said:
I need to pick up a xyron eraser for someone at my LSS as soon as I can get there this week - will look for the embossing diffusers too.

I am torn between the Big Shot Pro and Grand Calibre - I only do scrapbook pages so I want as big as possible!

Henri, I have the Grand Calibur. Just for your information and to help you make a decision, you can't use the thick dies like the Sizzix Bigz dies in the Grand Calibur. It only works with thin dies like Spellbinders, or with the embossing folders. OTOH, you can't use the larger dies of the Grand Nesties in the Big Shot Pro, I don't think. I'm not sure on that one, but that's what I've heard.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to siameseplease

Thanks Gina - I'm leaning more towards the Grand Caliber. My main attraction to the Big Shot Pro was the 12 x 12 embossing folders and they don't seem to be in any hurry to get them out, and when they do, they will probalby be out of my pocket book range.

Will the Grand Nesties go in the Grand Calibur? If so, I think you have helped me make up my mind!

Holly has me sold on several Nestie sets and I've got about 4 in my car ready to hit the submit button. Need to go ahead and do that - maybe today.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to siameseplease

I bought a pack of essentially these last year at the stamp show. They had 7 shapes/frames for $10. They work great unfortunately I'm at work and don't know who made them.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to disneylisa

These are awesome! I had heard of using chipboard to be able to leave a circle, oval or whatever shape you want unembossed. Had been meaning to try it but these are way cooler! And easier!

TFS!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to pugs223

These are so easy, and SO COOL!

I have been talking these up any chance I get- I want everyone to be in the joyful light that is THE SIZZIX EMBOSSING DIFFUSERS. lol

-kory

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to madmatter

That is so cool! That card was amazing that they did. The stamp was beautiful and the coloring they did to it was AMAZING. I so want to learn to do that!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to mstasha

My diffusers came in the mail yesterday-- I can't wait to play with them!

Tenant
In response to nuskrappa

Does anyone know how to use the embossing diffusers in the Wizard machine? Thanks

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to nuskrappa

oh! I wrote an article on these exact same diffusers here for Scrapbook.com. I LOVE those things, was excited to see he released more!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to GwynnAsbury

Wow! I actually have these already! I am ahead of the curve here. That NEVER happens! I think I first saw them here and they were just such a neat idea for card making especially. I have to admit I haven't had a lot of chance to play with them yet.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics