Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: --May Use Your Scraps--        (Topic#1574047)
Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Hi! the idea for this challenge was born out of a desire to help use up the scraps I've been hanging on to for a long time. Of course, i've been trying to use them here and there on lo's, but rather than watching the pile dwindle, its still growing!

This is a very simple challenge. This challenge is a challenge in itself: to use up your scraps- on every project you make- for the entire month. There's three prerequisites to this challenge:

1) use your scraps on every project you complete this month. The scraps don't have to be paper, they can be left over add-ons from a kit, extra sticker letters that need to be used up, bits of material from other projects...use your imagination!
2) create a link to this page of your finished project(s), so we can admire your creativity and the work you put into your projects, and
3) leave comments on the finished masterpieces of the participants involved; in order to get love, you've got to give it first!

Last, but not least, have fun!

Participants:

1) twinlets mama {Ali}
2) Marcilb {Marci}
3) Pam in Tx {Pam}
4) stopnstare07 {Henva}
5) brendadougherty {Brenda}
6) renbear {Karen}
7) Gentlewood Farms {Pat}
8- NMscrapper {Carol}
9) nannyfeb {Barbara}
10) Kitty_wOlf
11) tealbrand {Mel}
12) YourScrapAttack {Rhonda}
13) charcats7 {Char}
14) ekr-1432- {Erin Reed}
15) senya
16) apa kabar- {Aileen}
17) scrappitydee- {Dee}
18) Jen E
19) Heather N
20) Cin17
21) Scrapbook Queen
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Twinlets Mama

Count me in please

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Pam in TX

me too!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

You betcha guys! Welcome!~

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

I'll join...my whole scrapbook room floor is covered in "left over" stuff! LOL...

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to stopnstare07

Welcome Henva!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

d2o

May Flowers By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

April Showers By Twinlets Mama

BrendaDougherty
Veteran
BrendaDougherty

Oh, I think this is for me! I have scraps everywhere! lol

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to BrendaDougherty

Hi Brenda!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

How's everyone's week going so far?

Lots of rain so far today...the kids are already at each others throats. We've got three more days of this?? Lord help me!! Lol

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Fabulous Week....Aside from freezing Monday, it's been a nice week so far....Haircut tomorrow and a card class tomorrow night...Friday I babysit my 2 1/2 yr old grandson--YAY--he is so sweet!

BrendaDougherty
Veteran
BrendaDougherty
In response to MarciLB

Our weather was 4 days of 89...today overcast and very warm...tonight super windy looks like rain, but not here yet...Who knows what the weekend will bring.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to BrendaDougherty

We hit 103 today. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Pam in TX

Ohhh i'm really looking forward to the heat of summer! i can hardly wait to bring the kids to the beach and let them go swimming...town built a new spray park here last summer--this summer it will be open. I'm super stoked about it! the kids LOVE spray parks!! i think we're going to live at the park lol

marci- that sounds awesome. i bet you're going to have a blast! i know my mom always says how much fun the kids are, but they always wear her out, too. No kidding!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

signing out for the night.

peace out!!

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

I'd like to join in if I may! Thanks!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Renbear

Absolutely! Tell us a bit about yourself and we'll do the same!

My name is Ali, I'm 32 and have twin girls--Maren and Addison. We make our home in Canada

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

d2o

Cherish By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Mother By Twinlets Mama

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I really love "scraps" challenges. I'm saving to my faves and I'll do my best to play along.

Hi everybody!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Welcome pat! Happy to have you!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

I tried taking the kids outside today to play...yeah it lasted only about 10 minutes lol. It isn't raining but that wind sure is bitter!

And, as the saying goes-- when it rains, it pours... My kitchen faucet broke today, the dinky tv upstairs (thankfully not the 'good' one) died, and now our cable connection (or something) on the tv downstairs is hooped...good times! We're on the phone with telus right now trying to get our tv back :s

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

**PVR!!!!** that's what I was trying to say in my last post--not the cable, the PVR. (it's working now. Phew!! Back to tree house)

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Good night girls. I've gotten 2 lo's done tonight...will post sometime tomorrow!

peace out~

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

*******GROOOAANNNNN****** ** the ground is WHITE and I can see WHITE stuff falling from the sky...I don't want to get out of bed. Boo!!! Hiss...Snarl...

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

d2o

Friendship By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Shopping By Twinlets Mama

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

My name is Pam, I am 50(YIKES) and I live outside Abilene,TX. I have been married to my biggest enabler to my addiction(scrapbooking) for 23 yrs. I started scrapbooking in 2006 and have been addicted since. I only wish I started when my kids were little.
I have 3 grown children. Bobby 29 in the AirForce in England. Has 2 kids Shelby 5 and Bradyn 1.
Kris 27 works for a drilling company in Midland,TX and has 2 girls......Keltie 4 and Serenity 2
Bekka 26 is the Assistant GM at our Wendys.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Pam in TX

I missed this challenge last month. Count me in, please!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to NMscrapper

For sure Carol. Glad you're joining us!

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself Pam! My husband works in the oilfield, too. He drives a big bed truck for a rental company here called Total Oilfield. He's been doing it for about 20 years

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

memories By Twinlets Mama

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

I don't have any pages or projects to share yet, I probably won't get to those until tomorrow, but I can tell you a little about myself.

I'm Ren (real name Karen, but there are so many that I usually go by Ren - it's easier)
I live in Southern California - just a few blocks away from Disneyland so you'll see a lot of references/comments about it.
I am...hold on, let me count...46. Wow, when did that happen?? Oh well.
I am have been married to my fantastic husband for 9 years, and have loved every minute of it.
We haven't been blessed with children but we have two wonderful dogs: Steve and Jaime, whom I talk about all the time like they're our children.
I have been scrapbooking for a very long time now and enjoy it very much, but I don't always get a lot done, I find myself getting distracted on other projects and ATCs very easily.
I have a special bond with my Gypsy (which just came back from repair) and my Cricut, and can't remember how I scrapbook/crafted before I had them.
Okay, that's a lot of information out of the gate!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! See you all again soon!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Renbear

Hi All...I am Marci...I live in New Jersey right outside Philadelphia, PA....I am 56, grown son 28 and my DH's kids are 31 and 33,.....It's the 33 yr old and his wife who have a child and are expecting another boy mid August....My grandson is who I have been scrapping the most since, yes predjudiced, he is adorable and such a happy boy-I did NOT have that with my own son...he cried all the time!!!....anyway....that's it fornow or I could type all night!...lol....

Wink! By Marcilb
Edited version!rarely do that but!!!...with more scraps!
Wink! (Edited!!!) By Marcilb

Edited by Marcilb on 04-29-12 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

I actually feel like i'm still in the stone ages, with just a cricut and cuttlebug. all these other machines and stuff just leaves me in awe! there's so much variety and selection these days! (or, maybe i'm just out of the loop)

I am in love with my cricut. My cuttlebug is pretty awesome, too. i just wish i had endless financial funds, so i could just pick up carts and embossing folders any old time i wanted! my wants always outweigh my needs, though I'm pretty sure that's true of everyone.

so, i began thinking the other day, what would you guys think of having a 'challenge within a challenge'? it would be month long, and you could do it any time you wanted, if you wanted, as long as it was posted by midnight the last day of the month (so, in May, it would be the 31st). Or, it could be weekly, but i'm not sure how well i'd do thinking of something every week. let me know!

So, the challenge is this, if you're interested: finding something around the house- veggie, utensil, anything your creative minds think up, and somehow use it to create your own background on a layout. So, for instance, I am working on an lo today that has bubble wrap stamping on the bg paper. It'll hopefully be posted tomorrow. I used real bubble wrap to create the polka dot effect (and it looks really cool, too).

its just food for thought, and remember, you don't have to participate if you're not interested. the main objective is having fun!

hope you're all having a fantastic weekend so far. We are, but we've got a couple sick babies in the house. Maren threw up a few times overnight--both kids had a rotten sleep--and today Maren's been feverish and definitely got a cold. I think addison is catching it now, too. she threw up once this morning, and tonight at bedtime, i noticed her beginning to wipe at a snotty nose. Boo!!

bbl!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Renbear

• Renbear Said:
I don't have any pages or projects to share yet, I probably won't get to those until tomorrow, but I can tell you a little about myself.

no sweat, ren! the official start date isn't until the first, which i realize is only a couple days away--but, at least its still a couple days! If you want to get them up before that, then you're welcome to do that, too!

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb

Took the box spring off my bed frame yesterday and am giving it to my Grandaughter-It just left here on the back of a pick-up truck YEAH!!!!! My bed was so high I am surprised I wasn't having nose bleeds. Will use the step for plants now. It is a Beautiful here in NJ today. Looking forward to planting flowers soon. Hope you all have a great day.

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb

Love------3 Generations By Nannyfeb
The scraps I used were the brown and gold paper

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Nannyfeb

Ok -

As way of intro, which feels kind of weird since I feel like I already KNOW everyone here...

I'm Pat. I live in Central Oklahoma, on 20 acres with my DH. We have two girls, both grown. Our older daughter, Beth, is married and works at Barnes and Noble in Tulsa. She and her husband have no children, but they do have three cats. Our younger daughter, Amy, is a member of the United States Army, stationed in Fairbanks, Alaska. She just returned home from her first deployment to Iraq. We're glad she's back in the states, safe and sound.

We share our 20 acres with four horses - Java (aka The Princess), Buddy (The Rescue), Liberty (Retired Summer Camp Veteran), and Ashton (The Wonder Colt). We also have a flock of 15 chickens - 14 hens, and the Rooster, who is known as Bruce Almighty. There are also the two canines. Farm Dawg Cowboy is our Corgi who is good friends with the notorious Escape Kitty and frequently offers her advice on how to get out of the house. Bobby Dog is our deaf-blind-senile Australian shepherd who belongs to my best friend but lives with me because she is in Wisconsin and that's too cold for his old bones.

I'm getting ready to retire from 34 years in public education, and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life NEVER trying to make someone do something they do not want to.

I started scrapbooking in 2004, but really didn't get into it in a big way until 2008... before that, I was busy raising and showing my appaloosa sport horses. Then my stallion died and I needed something to do to fill the empty minutes.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Nannyfeb

Made all with scraps, except digi stamp...I tried my hand at coloring, but I am not a happy colorer!!!

Owl Say Thanks! By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

Oh wow Pat you sound like a busy lady! how do you find time to scrap around your chores?! I'd love to see pictures of your horses- for a big city girl, i sure do love the animal!

welcome barbara! i'll add you to the list- glad you checked us out

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Hi ali...barbara is my sister in law!...I am married to her brother!!...i got her into sbing a few years ago big time!!!!...lol

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Ali -

I am a master of multi-tasking.

I have photos of all my horses in my gallery... They are frequent photograph subject material and scrapbook topic projects.

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

OHHHH... this came just in time... i started working on my scraps... so.. wow. made 29 cards that were scraps based.... doe's that count? :-)

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

i need to do this,put me down

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to tealbrand

Kitty_wolf- absolutely it does, and welcome! the more creativity, the better!

Mel- welcome! i'll add you both to the list!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

doo

linger By Twinlets Mama

so, the title work and the pp in the middle of the lo are all scraps

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

About 2 weeks ago i made about 29 cards. some of them were not completed but they were all scraps!!! so - here's some ideas!!

(i'm also publishing a post in my blog about how to use scraps.... inches, banners, flags and mats for pictures!)

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Kitty_wOlf

Used scraps for the squares, mat behind squares and yellow punched border....then made this LO to fit multiple challenges!

Oh boy!...Dude By Marcilb

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Used this pet paper on the left previously -so used the scraps on this LO...also used white scraps for the pic matting..This challenge has made me so aware of using scraps on every LO that I can!!!...entered in Pet challenge too!

5 Morgans By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

Marci--I know, me too! As soon as I have a general idea for a design, I begin asking myself what scraps of paper are sufficient for matting, embellishing...I feel pretty good about it

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

may i play please?

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to YourScrapAttack

I've got one on my desk that I'm working on. Soon as I run the rest of the forums I'm signed into, I'll see if I can't get it finished tonight!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Epic Putt-Putt By NMscrapper

I raided my scrap folders bigtime to get this together! Even the b/g paper is left over from cutting a circle for another project. The eyelets are the end of a package, and so are the Timmys (although I hate to call them scraps!}

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

used scraps for the small puzzle pices and for the "awesome" title

Awesome Puzzler By Marcilb

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MarciLB

I did the same thing Carol did...raided my scrap box.

Everything is left over from other projects - holes hidden under paper layers, buttons from the bottom of the button cup, rub-on stitches from the package that is so worn out it's a wonder I can even use them anymore. (I love these doodlebug rub-on stitches...they're SO versatile!)

Anyway --

Bliss It Was

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

Rhonda- welcome!

I'm going to sit down and play some tonight, too. I wanted to get tointhe one I started the other day, but I had a wicked headache that's been persisting since bedtime last night. Finally kicked it late this afternoon!

Hope to post it tomorrow!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Scraps? This is definitely a challenge I need to participate in.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Welcome char! The more, the merrier

How's everyone today? I think we are all starting to feel better--the kids actually asked for breakfast this morning, and Addison asked for seconds. Thats a huge step in the right direction! We just finished playing the drums with my roasters lol

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

acu2h

i scrap some old xmas cards with all kind of leftover items some i forgot i had like the flowers and leftover sticker alpha
the cards are not my favorite period
cards By Tealbrand

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to tealbrand

doo

my girl By Twinlets Mama

In this lo, the pps the photos are matted on are scraps and the round journalling spot is all scraps

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

working on a tag swap that I'm using scrap cardstock to decorate them- hope to post later tonight

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to tealbrand

I used scraps for the word scraproom and the punched buttons and I MADE scraps by cutting out a large section of my black bacground paper since most of it is covered!

Good Morning Beautiful (scraproom!) By Marcilb

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Here's a tag & 2-page LO I used scraps on:

Paper Sister Tag Swap By Charcats7

Baby's First Haircut & other everyday fun By Charcats7

Everyday Moments By Charcats7

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Renbear

• Renbear Said:

I'm Ren (real name Karen, but there are so many that I usually go by Ren - it's easier)
I live in Southern California - just a few blocks away from Disneyland so you'll see a lot of references/comments about it.
I am...hold on, let me count...46. Wow, when did that happen?? Oh well.
I am have been married to my fantastic husband for 9 years, and have loved every minute of it.
We haven't been blessed with children but we have two wonderful dogs: Steve and Jaime, whom I talk about all the time like they're our children.
I have been scrapbooking for a very long time now and enjoy it very much, but I don't always get a lot done, I find myself getting distracted on other projects and ATCs very easily.
I have a special bond with my Gypsy (which just came back from repair) and my Cricut, and can't remember how I scrapbook/crafted before I had them.
Okay, that's a lot of information out of the gate!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! See you all again soon!

Hi Ren - haven't seen you around in awhile- it's good to see you posting again

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Ali -

I am a master of multi-tasking.

I have photos of all my horses in my gallery... They are frequent photograph subject material and scrapbook topic projects.

Yes Pat, and you also have WONDERFUL stories to go with all your pics and layouts. I'd love to come visit you someday & just walk around your farm and pet a horse & watch that rooster But then again- you've already taken me there

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Char--you took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking that, too, when I asked her about the horses...but, rather than pet the horses, I'd love to ride one! and...i've never been there and probably will not any time soon, or in this lifetime...

Ditto what Car said--you do have wonderful stories that accompany your lo's

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I just went thru all the posts & noticed the introductions & since I don't know most of you- here goes mine:

I'm 47, born in Salinas, CA & transplanted to Nashville area, TN by the US Army in 1990. My son was born at Ft Campbell & my DH deployed to Desert Shield/Storm 6 days later. I was also active duty as a 1LT and had to resign since our family care plan fell apart. My DH got out when they told him he would have to take a solo tour to Germany or Korea. We loved & decided to settle in TN as neither CA or CO (where he grew up) had anything to offer us, besides we loved the beauty of the state as well as some very good friends. Somewhere around 2000 my DH joined the TN Army National Guard (TNARNG for short) and I followed and joined 3 years later. We both work full time as Federal technicians at the state HQ in Nashville- but I'm a CW2 (Chief Warrant for those non-military) now and he is a SFC (Sergeant First Class or E7) going to Warrant Officer school at this very moment. Even tho we are civilians at our jobs- we have to be in the NG to have them, so we wear the uniform every day. Our DS is now 21 and also a member of the TNARNG.

I didn't start scrapping until one of the girls from the Boy Scout troop convinced me with as much as I liked taking and putting up pictures- plus the hundreds in boxes no one ever gets to actually see- I needed to start scrapbooking. I think that was in 2008- I've been hooked ever since to the point I became a CTMH consultant Oct 2010. I did it mostly to save money on my acrylic stamp habit. I have a Cricut and just this past Monday got a Cuttlebug. I'm way behind in my scrapping as I only have a couple odd years completed, so I decided to go back to 1990 when my DH and I got married (& he is my absolutely best friend). I'm now on 1991 (over half way done)- so you can tell how behind I am. I've also gotten addicted to challenges and swaps here on SB. I had to back off & now only have 1 swap I participate in & the challenges I pick are to facilitate me to get my family albums scrapped. I have a group of ladies who come over once a month on a Saturday- and that's what we do all day- they bring a lunch and we scrap- give pointers- oooo and ahhh & have a great day being productive doing something fun & get some valuable girl time in.

That's the nutshell- looking forward to getting to know everyone and using up scraps

Edited by charcats7 on 05-02-12 07:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Char--thanks for sharing a bit about yourself! I love hearing stories about the girls getting together and just have a scrapping good time...when we lived in Saskatchewan, I met a bunch of girls that scrapped together through another girl I worked with. They met Wednesday nights, and I tried going as often as the twins would let me. (HA- which wasn't often...the first year was incredibly tough). Before the twins came, I went every Wednesday.

Now that we've moved back to our home province, and (for me) a new town, I don't know many people here, or that many people that enjoy scrapping. SB.com has become my sanctuary!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I hear you there- I spend more time on SB sometimes than scrapping. That could be bad, but when I take breaks at work- I'm here leaving love on galleries and catching up... so I spread it out.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to charcats7

Char - you and Ali just come on down and we'll sit on the porch and watch the world go by. I'll open a Chianti or a Bud or some homemade Iced Tea and we'll discuss our options.

You're welcome to pet or ride, but if you're gonna ride, you get to go hike out back and catch the beasties. I'll sit on the porch with my iced tea and watch. Java used to be broke, but it's been so long since I had a chance to GO riding - either working, or it's raining, or we're out of town - I'm betting she's forgotten she's broke. Summer's coming fast and I am not looking forward to reminding her. She's catty and lighting quick. Not silly, just athletic. And I'm not younger than I used to be.

As for Bruce the Rooster, my advice is to bring a big stick. Something that will extend your reach well past the end of your arm. And have eyes implanted in the back of yer head so you'll see that demon spawn coming.

Seriously. You're welcome anytime.

And Char - I think Tennessee is LOVELY. If I did not live in Oklahoma, Tennessee would be my second choice. That or maybe Missouri.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Yeah Char, I try and sneak on throughout the day- when the kids are absorbed in a tv show, or they're downstairs playing, i'm in the bathroom, they're outside playing...the list goes on. LOL My husband refers to it as my crack...hee...

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Adding my second one for the month.

I used scraps for the kraft elements - the title and photo mat, and also for the green mat on the bottom corner and the bit of black backing behind the title.

Zoo Boy

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

good morning! jci--i have a few to share, but will get them uploaded this afternoon. peace out!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Char - you and Ali just come on down and we'll sit on the porch and watch the world go by. I'll open a Chianti or a Bud or some homemade Iced Tea and we'll discuss our options.

You're welcome to pet or ride, but if you're gonna ride, you get to go hike out back and catch the beasties. I'll sit on the porch with my iced tea and watch. Java used to be broke, but it's been so long since I had a chance to GO riding - either working, or it's raining, or we're out of town - I'm betting she's forgotten she's broke. Summer's coming fast and I am not looking forward to reminding her. She's catty and lighting quick. Not silly, just athletic. And I'm not younger than I used to be.

As for Bruce the Rooster, my advice is to bring a big stick. Something that will extend your reach well past the end of your arm. And have eyes implanted in the back of yer head so you'll see that demon spawn coming.

Seriously. You're welcome anytime.

And Char - I think Tennessee is LOVELY. If I did not live in Oklahoma, Tennessee would be my second choice. That or maybe Missouri.

LOL Pat- I do have combat boots ya know and I am familiar with a rooster's sneakiness and antics. Grew up having to walk thru the chicken/duck area when I went thru our back yard over to my grandparents.
I miss riding. I had a gf who had a part Arabian named Ronnie - he was beautiful & we would take him out and around the neighborhood (if you could call it that). Where people didn't used to mind you riding along thru their front, back or side yards and there were fields.... I never had my camera with me back then & therefore no pictures. Guess that will be a narration for my BOM book at some point.

I just may take you up on that invite tho- and I'll drink tea with you on the porch- not as young as I used to be either to run after horses that aren't crazy about coming in to be ridden.
We have 5 acres- 10 if you can't my dad's house/property next door. Wish I could have a horse but really don't have the time right now as DH & I are wanting to start taking vacations more. I guess if we'd always had them, it would be no big deal. I haven't been around a farm like that since I was 12.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

cool shades By Twinlets Mama

everything on my lo is from scraps except the card stock bg

Edited by Twinlets Mama on 05-03-12 11:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

From scraps: the white journaling paper ...and the blue piece beneath the photos...

Mike's Pop Pop By Marcilb

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MarciLB

Got a layout done today, but didn't use any scraps to create it. Have some new scraps to put in my scrap box though.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I didn't get to work on anything scrappy yesterday- did errands and balanced the checkbooks. I have drill this weekend- sooooo - I hope I have energy left when I get home to work on some things.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Jci-- have a fab weekend everyone! Will any of you be around for NSD?

We have a pig roast to go to some time tomorrow, but I'm also hoping to get some play time in for NSD!!

Char- sounds like you've got a busy day, but hopefully you can squeeze some 'you time' in there

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

DH and I are leaving this afternoon for a wedding in Kansas, so I won't be around.

I'll check in when I get back. You girls have a safe and fun weekend!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

have fun pat! hopefully you've got beautiful weather for the wedding

speaking of weather, we heard our first little bang of thunder this afternoon. just one, and no more. spring is definitely here! now for our first 'real' thunderstorm!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

we've had lots and lots of thunder & lightning, but little rain. We NEED some rain- we've had a very dry April & now May is looking just as bad

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

We desperately need rain too. A couple days or a week of solid, heavy rain would be great! We had a good little shower earlier this afternoon, but it wasn't long enough

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Scraps used...leftover grandfather paper amd leftover almost black paper...these were leftover from yesterday's LO entitle Mike's Pop Pop...

Brian's Pop Pop By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

doo

twinkle twinkle By Twinlets Mama

absolutely everything on this lo is scraps, except for the two strips along the far sides of the lo that are grey card stock happy nsbd everyone!!~

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

JCI on my lunch break while here at drill. I did get a good part of a 2-page LO done last night- I'll hopefully finish it tonight & post it. Taking me some B vitamins now to give me the energy boost so I can

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb

The scraps I used in this LO were the white and the green
Crator Lake 2005 By Nannyfeb
My Hubby and I took a wonderful trip across country and Crator Lake (Oregon) was just one of the fabulous sites we took in I am going to try to scrapbook more of that trip in the near future.

Edited by Nannyfeb on 05-05-12 10:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

i hope i can still submit

here is a card all with scraps and recycled items

pocket card By Leokc34

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to leokc34

JCI...acu...way to use scraps ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to leokc34

• leokc34 Said:
i hope i can still submit

here is a card all with scraps and recycled items

pocket card By Leokc34

Welcome aboard! Can I get your first name so I can add you to the first page?

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MarciLB

The scraps are the stamped & cut out items & the dotted matt:

Water Baby By Charcats7

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

how are all you fabulous ladies tonight? I'm hoping to scrap some more tonight after the kidlets go to bed...I'm proud of what I DID get done between refereeing the kids while husband was supposed to be watching them...but, I wish I could have gotten more done. Oh well. I'll take what I can get!! I'll be posting later...peace out

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

The papers for the I and U are all scraps from a pack of coordinated paper...

I "Heart" U By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

Grow! By Twinlets Mama

in this lo, the flowers and journalling spot are all made with scraps

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

darling angel By Twinlets Mama

my title work was made out of scraps- actually packaging from stickers or some odd thing...

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

discover By Twinlets Mama

all the pps in this one is made with scraps

Senya
Senya 
Guru
Senya
  • Senya on 05-06-12 12:37 AM

I'm in! Thanks!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Senya

This Old Marine

Used scraps for the title image and the flower. The rest had to come from new paper in the store since it's a DT project for June.

Thanks for encouraging the scrap use. I'm planning to do one today that uses ALL scraps, and I'm excited to get started!

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -

ok here is one for me. ..erin...i hope it is ok to still join

all scraps except for the white background paper

happiness **SWV** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics