Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: CLOSED_CMM Swap-2012-Private/Invite Only/MAY-JULY ROUND        (Topic#1574259)
TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

Thanks for the updates ladies.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to TJCraftyWitch

JCI

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to armygirl

gm...jci!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Ms_Pebbles

I am here and will start this right after I finish my DT entries for DCWV.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Drayia

• Drayia Said:
I am here and will start this right after I finish my DT entries for DCWV.

Good luck sweetie!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

here i am!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to ScrapAngel4

Thanks ladies.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

jci

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

still here

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

Thanks ladies.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Oh I finally see the birthday cake icon!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONYA!!!!!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Thanks hun...I know I was on there early this morning and no icon..I was like what happen to the birthday cake icon...lol. It just took a minute to find me.. guess it knows that I am trying to avoid cake...lol

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Well after my workout tomorrow, I plan to play in the craftroom all afternoon. Working on the cards for all you fine ladies.Plus I plan to make sure that all of us are still around and see who needs to check in.

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat

I'm here. I'm back from my very relaxing vacaction. I am going to bust out my cards this week. I hope all is well.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug
In response to PrackRat

My package just went postal! The DC # is 0310 0480 0002 6650 4577.

So here is what I included for return postage, please correct me if I am wrong Tonya.

I mailed mine via USPS Parcel Post for $7.37. (3) extra stamps totalling $1.35. $0.85 for DC return postage. So total stamps is $9.57. I am hoping this covers everything for the return package.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to lucyladybug

okay hun and i will mark your pkg or box to ship it back parcel post as well.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

im still here

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

thanks ladies,I am working on cards tonight some more. I have some lovely papers I bought and have for some great cards for you ladies.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Lookin4newideas

jci

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to cma2a17

I'll be babysitting my niece and nephews down in Columbus this weekend, so I'm packing up some of my card stuff to work on them this weekend. Perfect timing with this heat wave, she has AC, I don't!!
(they live in Whitehall)

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 06-28-12 04:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Cool, sounds like you have a plan hun. I love having my AC, I had to do most of last summer without it, I was miserable.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Donna, your cards made it here and they look lovely as always. I will mark your name on the baggies for you. You ladies have some great cards coming your way.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Its Canada's Birthday today, so Happy Canada Day!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Drayia

I came home last night..My sister lost power Friday afternoon around 4pm. here's why:

downed tree limb that caused my sister's power outage (left side of street) By Lookin4newideas

downed tree limb that caused power outage at my sister's house(right side) By Lookin4newideas

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Happy Canada Day Drayia.

Geez Sally very lovely. We have another storm going on right now here in Columbus.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Just what you needed. Hopefully that one wasn't as bad as the one Friday evening. My sister and I went out to eat Friday night with some friends of hers and all the kids. We were saying how in the Cleveland area, the power company routinely trims back the trees and branches away from the power lines every year or every other year. Too bad they didn't do that in Columbus.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

jci

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Oh they will now after all this, they always do it after the fact. Happens every time, they wait til we have an issue and then cut trees back.

Thanks for the check in.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Ok, I'm locking myself in, no one bother me until I'm done.. how many days do we have left?

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat
In response to cma2a17

Checking in. Working on some more cards tonight.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to PrackRat

Hi everyone not sure how long internet will last. Tech not available until next Monday so if you dont see me that is why..

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Drayia

Cool ladies. You will get your service and usage back Shana.Its cool.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I made 15 cards today, so with the 7 I made previous, that's 22, I still need 27... that's a lotta cards. But.. I'm really having fun with this batch of cards. I'm finally putting all my swap stuff from the past year to good use and in the back of my mind I'm thinking, I don't want to give these away now! But then, I think I'll be getting the same, if not even better, in return!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

got my new E2 today will be cutting for all the cards now!!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Drayia

Yes we all make great cards and love to swap them. I get some fro these swaps and don't want to use them at times...lol.

I am working on some of mine tomorrow too and some all this weekend.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

Happy 4th of July ladies!

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat
In response to cma2a17

Happy 4th.
I'm making progress. I got some cards done. I'm not sure how many more I need. Just chuggin' along.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to PrackRat

same here.. it's supposed to be in the 100's this weekend. I'm not going anywhere. Sunday, I have to drive my daughter down to Columbus, she'll be babysitting my niece and nephew next week, other than that, I'll be busy making cards.

I can almost hand deliver them next weekend when I go to pick her up, TJ. I still have to find out what's going with my sister, not sure if she got her power or phone back on yet.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

I just started on making my cards.. I made 2! I better get cracking.. Im such a procrastinator!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

LOL and I thought I needed to be locked in my room!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

im up to 10..lol I have Drayia's and Prackrat's done... im on a role!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Ladies if we run a few days over its fine. I know some people have lost power. Shoot I have been ill the past few days. I am doing schoolwork and working on cards. You ladies are all good. I can't wait to swap these out. You ladies are so talented.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I have half my cards done. I didn't think to go down the list and do one person at a time like Kim was doing, so I went back and picked the hardest one first which was Lucy. And it turned out to be fun making them! I went online and googled baby bibs and printed a picture of bibs on white card stock to use on the baby shower card. It is so cute!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Cool...

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

yeah, I found it easier to go by person. then I bagged them up and put their names on it too. Sometimes i come up with a good idea or 2! LOL

i would appreciate a little more time to make these.. I dont want to rush.. Its been crazy here.. I lost 2 weeks in June because of all the craziness of my parents being here, my sons bday, end of school and end of year for Girl Scouts..

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I had just started making a bunch of cards and had about 20 done. Then I started doing it the way you did and it was fun making specific cards. Then this morning, I started separating the ones I made already and that part wasn't fun at all and trying to figure who gets what and the more cards I make the more ideas I get and the more embellishments I want to use and I try to keep organized, but it's not working. So, I one station that's Christmas, one that's birthday. This morning I dug out my Thanksgiving stuff, but can't find my papers, and this afternoon I dug out my Halloween stuff and spread that all over my dining room table.

I'm determined to get mine done today! I worked on the goody bags yesterday as I needed a break.

I have 2 people done and about 1-2 cards to make for each person.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

okay ladies. your all doing good. I am working on a few of mine tomorrow as well. Or today I should say.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

jci

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat

I'm working on mine. Feeling a little stressed because I'm not done yet. I hate when I do this to myself..

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to PrackRat

Don't stress hun, if there abit late we are good ladies. I am still working on mine so don't fret ladies.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Still making cards.. lol

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• ScrapAngel4 Said:

Still making cards.. lol

lol...me too!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Ladies as long as we get these done and sent to me by the end of the month, that will be good. Okay so don't stress. We had alot of folks without electric and all that so lets give folks a few extra weeks, plus this heat has been bad.

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps
In response to Drayia

Ladies, cards are being made...should be out by Friday..latest Sat. Forgive me but I've been working like mad at Michael's trying to get funds in my home. Hubby not making what is needed and I have to pick up the slack. So again, apologies OK. I'm still here and creating...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to SanuraScraps

your fine hun.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm just curious... on average, how long does it take everyone to make one or two cards? (if you don't have a plan of what you're going to do?) I was on a roll and now I've drawn a blank. I made a stack of the cutest birthday cards and then last week my sister pointed out that they were all missing the "i". The digital die cut, cut them that way. So, now I have to see if I can somehow fix them and salvage them. There are about 4-5 of that way. Then it was my niece's bday on Monday and my sister's bday on the 18, so I used two cards already. And I was showing my therapist my cards and sorry, Pebbles, she liked the one I made especially for you and she bought it off of me for $3!! if I can find more images like that, I have an order for more. This was a picture my daughter had taped to her wall for the past 5 years! it was a picture from an old calendar.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 07-12-12 05:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

What's the address of your therapist???? LOL

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

Am I good to say that if I don't finish (cause I got like 20 more and I thought I could get them done but kids and rain and power are factors) I can mail out next after my scrapbook retreat (July 21)? If so...I'd be sooooo greatful...I'm working on a ton of projects then...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Sally it all depends, I can get one card done it like 20 minutes on occasion then other times it takes me longer like 45 minutes. Depends on how much I am doing to it and can find the embellishments that I want on it. I spend time looking for embellishments. I am getting some great new ideas from my paper crafts mags and then from some other mags I was looking at.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Good, if I do several the same, then I can set up an assembly line and get three done in an hour, otherwise I average 2-3 in 2 hours! I've been getting ideas from the internet and then from I can put my own twist on them.

Pebbles - If I ever get all my cards done for this swap, I'm hoping to make some extras and then leave a few with certain people at the VA so they can display them and then if people comment they can say "oh a patient sells them, I can give you her number if you're interested."

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

You ladies should try OSW cards (one sheet wonder) I've been using this and I can get at least 11 cards out of 1 sheet of 12x12 patterned paper. Google it or better yet here...
http://www.google.com/search?q=one+sheet+wo nder+cards&a...
they are great, especially for a swap like this one where we are making a ton of cards for each other. I've started using this and I put my own twist to the cards. I use the cutting template but that's it. I make my own design for the cards. Try it...I bet you get a ton of cards done and won't be able to stop. Believe me, it's happened to me! hehehehe

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

thanks! I should have asked earlier in the swap!

Unfortunately, I bought 5x7 envelopes. This is my first time making cards, so I didn't know any better. It might work on some. I wish I knew more stamping techniques, too. No one around me stamps.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I make some of mine similar, but if the woman like different colors I use those colors they like.

I use some new sheets of paper and I also use some of my scraps from other swaps and stuff, it great to use your scraps to make cards, flowers and tags and square punches and stuff for cards.

Sally on stamping, you can just do basic black ink or colored ink of a square, circle or rectangle, maybe emboss the image, or just ink the edges of the paper with different ink, distress the edges. Then add stickles, smooch or bling to some places of the stamped images and your done. Add some ribbon, bling, brads or other pieces of scrap paper to background of card in different directions and it adds layers of the card.
Hope this helps.

I will maybe do next ones a little different next round. Maybe have us sign up for different techniques groups in one part of it and then make like 2 cards per person with type they want, and folks can sign up for like 3 groups that are different techniques. Like embossing, distressed, 3-d, and so on. That way its slightly different. I will think on it.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I tried that OSW yesterday, I got 9 cards, probably could have gotten one or two more, but I got bored with the same design. And then, because I had already made so many bday cards, I didn't need them all anyway! But I'm going to use them in another swap, so I can still use them. I did practice using a stamp and the two that I liked the most are the ones I used. Today I made three Thanksgiving cards that I liked!

Thanksgiving cards I made for a swap By Lookin4newideas

Here, I got three cards out of one sheet of pp. But the cards are 5x7.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Hey I love birthday cards, so feel free to give me more then one birthday card. You don't have to give different ones and cover all the groups the ladies want. Some people pick 2-3 types and make two of the same type for them. Some folks have limited stamps or words. Its cool. Mom loves birthday cards as well.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

I'm super glad to see that we've all agreed to extend to the end of the month! I was freaking out this weekend cuz I got so far behind with work and then this weekend I got a leak. We go SEVERAL weeks without rain and then when we get a couple days of rain I get a leak UGH! I think we got it fixed this morning finally. So hopefully nothing else comes up this week so I can finish up my cards.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

Hi ladies, i am still working on mine too. School is busy, basic insurance is not easy it is alot of looking up codes.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

What are you going to school for, TJ? What kind of insurance? Health? what kind of coding? icd-9/cpt coding?

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I am finishing mine up too. So glad we have till the end of the month,,I lost track of time with all the Party palnning I had going on in June for my DD 15th Birthday, Lots of family came in from out of town, and we were hosting them at our house. It got a little bit Overwhelming. Things are back to normal and I will be mailing mine out By the weekend. Going shopping today to get some of the goodies to ship to each of the ladies along with their cards.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Sally, I am going to school for Medical Reimbursement Technology A.A. degree. I am taking Basic Insurance and Anatomy and Physiology II this quarter.
The insurance chapters were covering right now is ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM, plus CPT later this quarter. I have 5 textbooks for this class alone, if that tells you anything. Three are for the coding, one textbook and the other is the workbook.

After I get this degree I am going for my Healthcare Administrative Management B.S. degree.

I am getting ready to do some schoolwork now, and around midnight I plan to work on cards for a few hours. Its quiet then and no interuptions.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

ICD-10? That must be new, never heard of that. I've been in the health insurance claims and referrals industry for the past 20 years. My last job was in Medical management. I wanted to go to school and get a nursing degree to working as an rn in med mgt and then my back went out on me. I could never do any clinicals to get my degree. Luckily, all my training was OJT. I started out in PA working for Prudential. They had a six week crash course training class. But now, I'm paying for it. Now that I'm over 50 and so many out there, they want that college degree, they don't care about your experience level. Good think you're getting a degree.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

The ICD-10 is the newest revision. It goes in effect this fall I believe. So we are being alerted to the changes as we learn.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Sally I meant to tell you I loved your cards that you made and posted here. Very lovely cards.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

wow a lot of information posted here. lol great ideas everyone

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
Sally I meant to tell you I loved your cards that you made and posted here. Very lovely cards.

Thanks! I'm trying to at least put personal touches on 2 cards for each person according to their wishes. then the next group is mass produced.. I am just about finished finished. YAY!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I think I might actually be done.. going over them now, putting some last finishing touches of embellishments on some, making sure they all have envelopes, matching up the goody bags.. Can't wait to clean up my mess!

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!!! I just need to find one stinkin' envelope and that's it!!!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 07-19-12 05:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Congrats Sally!!!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

5 more to go for me!

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat

Checking in. I'm still here.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to PrackRat

Thanks ladies, mom and me are still working on ours.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

still working on mine.. Hope to get alot done tomm.. oh and Im back from vacay! lol

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Just got done with a batch of cards. They are drying, turned out good. Had fun creating cards, too much time doing school work and not enough time creating these days. Suks booty...lol.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Ok im stressing.. i come up with an idea and then it looks like garbage when I do it.. LOL.. im frustrated!

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

Almost done with mine .. just a couple more to go.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to cma2a17

there's this one web site I belong to and this week's challenge is a card. So I did it. It was super easy and I wish they had the challenge earlier in the month, I would have completed more of cards to that sketch. AT least I did one this way, so I replaced one of the bday cards I did for your mom TJ since she liked blues and I used a lot of blue in this card. I should post it to my gallery here..

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I finnaly got a chance to work on some cards after I cleaned up my craft room . I mailed my cards out Today.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Kim I think your being over critical of your stuff, we all usually are of our stuff. Relax and don't stress, we know that your new at making cards.

Army I will mark you as postal.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Ok, TJ, I don't know if I should thank you or curse you for inviting me to your swap. When I first joined, it was very intimidating to make 55 cards. I was searching galleries here and online line, YouTube, and then I was almost done and that tip with the one sheet helped me a lot.

Then there was a challenge the other day on another web site I visit and this past week was to do a card according to her layout. It was very simple. And since I had all my scraps out still I was able to whip something out in not time. I wish I had that card sketch to begin with. Because now over the weekend, I made 6 more cards for another swap I'm in and they all turned out really nice. Here the card I did earlier in the week for the challenge. The flags had to be made out of material. The other cards I made I used flowers and brads and didn't necessarily use flags or have it on both sides.

But Kim, if you're still hung up, you might want to follow the basic sketch. Two matching pp, either ribbon or a hole punch through the center, some kind of sentiment or stamped image with brads or gems in the cener, flowers or brads or flags on the sides. You're done!

simple card layout By Lookin4newideas

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

awesome card Sally.. tomm.. I hope to finish up these cards and get them in the mail by tuesday.. I finally have a full day off of work tomm!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Thanks Kim. The ones I made yesterday turned out really nice. They were a lot of fun to make. but I need a great big huge table that I can spread all my stuff out on!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

You can do both Sally, it makes you go beyond your comfort zone and now that you make cards, you won't have to keep buying ones from here on out. It saves money hun.

Trust me years ago, I sucked at making cards. You are doing an awesome job. Like I said alot of us are overly critical of our own work.

The only thing I will not except from folks is when someone used flimsy cardstock as a base, and the card can't stand on its own. They will take generic thin printer paper for the outside of the card and not embellish the cards. Trust me I have seen those and received those. I know that you ladies are going and have created some awesome cards. Some of us are beginnners and others are more advanced. Me I am right in the middle, I love making cards, but I know some ladies put mine to shame.

I always decorate the outside and put something on the inside. But that is not a requirement. Its just something I do, this way the ladies have a place to already write there sentiments. Sometimes I stamp a short sentiment inside. Again this is not a requirement, I choose to do this, because this is how I make my own cards. We all make cards different. The only thing I require are the base amount of techniques and embellishments on the cards, inside or out and that they have an ENVIE to put card in...lol.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I left just about all the insides of my cards blank. I think only a couple of have something stamped on the inside. I have collected a bunch of stamps over the years, but I never stamped until recently (while making cards) and none that I could really use. Luckily I had one that says Happy Birthday, but it's at an angle and hard to center it just right.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Good morning ladies!
OMGoodness...I left all of mine blank. Were we supposed to put a sentiment in them? I don't do too good with stamping for some reason.
I also tried to make most of them general in the sense of being all occasions.
I hope that's okay...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

No you didn't need to put stuff on the inside hun. All is good, I said for me its what I do not what anyone else needs to do ladies. Don't fret.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Cool beans! Thanks!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

i didnt put anything in the middle.. i was too busy trying to figure doing the outside! LOL

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Here is the delivery confirmation # I had it in the car,,,0309 3220 0001 7931 6002

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Cool thanks.

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat
In response to PrackRat

I just got home from vacation yesterday. I'm getting my things together today in hopes to have them in the mail this afternoon. I'll post when they're postal.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to PrackRat

That is fine Nicole, don't fret.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics