Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: MAY - New Layouts        (Topic#1574347)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. Thanks to Cheryl for hosting March!

If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO CHALLENGES and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say =)

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

June -- Anna
July --- Stacey
August --- Terry
***Birthday List***
If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Here is May's sketch. Try it out if you like...no pressure. Just a way for us to experiment with new designs

Sketch 50 By DittoBabyGirl

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I can host in July.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to carbphrek

Thanks Stacey! I'll add your name to the list

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to carbphrek

I am here for May! I still need to get caught up for April. Thanks to Cheryl for hosting April- and to you Donna, for hosting May.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

I'm here for May!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Thanks Cheryl for hosting april and to Donna for May. I'll do August--since it's my month!
Love the sketch and will start it right away...!

Gotta say that grocery shopping is my least fav chore. Thought it would easier with the boys gone but it's still the same. And to eat healthier evidently means to eat more expensively.
Arrrgggghhhh! I could rant for days on this!

Jeanie--what do you think of the Kindle Fire? Got good games? I broke the news that I wanted one for Mom's day and hubby looked very confused! Even tho he has the Ipad all day long he still thinks of it as mine.

So sorry to hear how sick every is especially the little ones.

Denise--speaking of little ones, your granddaughters are too precious!

And I do not want to talk about pregnancies...mine were awful! With my first I became allergic to my own body and with a month to go I broke out in huge hives from my neck to the toes. Horrid & hurt. Those went away within 3 hrs after his birth. Then #2 would not let me sleep--he slept in the day & was awake kicking and moving all night. I worked and couldn't sleep at day. I swore he did push ups inside me using my bladder as the kick off pt.

Cheryl--I'd love to see the directions for the mum too! Only when you get a free moment! lol...

It's lasagna tonight so I best go get it done!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Here is the link for the tutorial for the mums I made. I would love to see pics if any of you give them a try.
http://scrappycanuck.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/flower-tu...

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

OK

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

That was weird...lost the post...but it posted "OK">>>>

Thank you cheryl and Donna for hosting, love the sketch, hope to be scrappin soon!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Donner....
Your sketch reminded me of a LO I did awhile back.... Love this LO!!! Just wanted to share...

Aidan's First Steps By Jojo Noons

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

count me in

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Twinlets Mama

oh and my bd is november 3

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Scruffy Little Man - Mischevious By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks to the bestest hostesses! Y'all rock!

DH bought us a new camera, a Nikon D5100, for our trip. Exciting! Now I need to learn how to use it... Scary thought, utube here I come.

Edited by rockmom on 04-30-12 08:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to rockmom

Hello ladies i would like to join in

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:

And I do not want to talk about pregnancies...mine were awful! With my first I became allergic to my own body and with a month to go I broke out in huge hives from my neck to the toes. Horrid & hurt. Those went away within 3 hrs after his birth. Then #2 would not let me sleep--he slept in the day & was awake kicking and moving all night. I worked and couldn't sleep at day. I swore he did push ups inside me using my bladder as the kick off pt.

I had a love/hate relationship with being pregnant. I hated everything that changed after I got pregnant, but I loved what was coming at the end of the road (though I was terrified at the same time!) So terrified, in fact, that when the dr. told me my labor was going to be induced, I begged for a c-section. I didn't get it, but I was sure drugged up! I think my labor and delivery were a dream come true for every woman out there- I was unconscious for all of it, and didn't feel a thing until my episiotomy-OUCH!- and nothing else again until the drugs wore off. lucky, right?

The only thing I regret is being unconscious through everything. I wish I had some recollection of all that- not just what dh and my sister told me...and, not the bits and pieces I do dimly remember...but, lucky nonetheless!

And, if it meant not feeling a thing again if there were to be a 3rd child, I'd be all over it like butter on bread! LOL

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Thanks to the bestest hostesses! Y'all rock!

DH bought us a new camera, a Nikon D5100, for our trip. Exciting! Now I need to lear hos to use it... Scary thought, utube here I come.

WOW!!! Give your DH a big kiss...what a guy! And I guarantee you the photo opportunities will be fantastic! I am so excited for you!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

I'll also bb in the am to cu. Oh & thanks Cheryl!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Morning!

The front is updated..thanks to those who signed up for hostessing for the next 3 months

Twinlets Mama...whats your name?

Congrats on the new camera Denise!!! Can't wait to see the pictures you take!

Welcome to the board Babigirl! We tend to get a bit chatty-feel free to just jump on in!

Ya'll have a great day! Hopefully my Cricut Imagine will arrive and actually work today

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Abby0317

Morning. So excited. Baby's careseat will be here on Wednesday. I had gone "shopping" for one a few weeks ago, placed it in in a registry and for some reason waited to order it. Lastnight mom went ahead an ordered it.. she got it 12.00 cheaper plus two day FREE shipping. Hubby going tonight to pick up a few things that we absolutely need (diapers, bottles etc)

Gonna get some coffee and start my morning. I will be back in a little bit bit once my laptop is booted up and ready to go!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Anyone elses schoo/kids not have school today? We got a phone call Friday. From boththe schools telling us there is no school Monday April 30, classes will resume Tuesday..its not on the calendar that I have..weird lol

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to SQ Mandi

acu2h

thank cheryl for hosting april and donna for hosting this month

welcome babygirl

i think the twinmomname is ali

denise i got mel and terie some annual mel wanted yellow flowers and terie wanted purple plus we got her a strawberry planter also,got some cucumber seeds and 1 live plant,dh is building me a deal with the bird net to put the plants in to keep them from eating the vegs and strawberry plant,congrats on the new camera 2 awesome and your dgb are beautiful

jo really happy that you are really enjoying your new home which is awesome period and love your layout it is beautiful

cheryl love both layouts and the card is 2 cute

jeannie love your layout also 2 beautiful as always

katy i let you have my mojo since i am not use it

anna

cathe
terry that alot of moola i hate paying bills but i like to eat and sleep inside, we still waiting on the rest of the insurance money allstate really suck and they have the nerve to sent me a email on how they handle our claim,i wait until i get the rest of our money

found out who building all of these new home,the city of fort worth our mayor and the city council useding a federal grant to build and rent not sell them housing is picking familys who can afford to rent them,and if they stay in them for 15yrs then they can buy it wtf anyway that made my day,might scrap today it look like rain and it hot and cloudy,

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning!

Thanks for hosting last month Cheryl and thanks to Donna for hosting May.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to SQ Mandi

Hello ladies how is all I am doing ok. At working waiting to get off.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Thanks for the welcome Mel.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to babigirl

you welcome we are really laid back and we do scrap

new plants strawberry By Tealbrand

pepper really growing pepper By Tealbrand

annual By Tealbrand

basil By Tealbrand

first time i try potatoe and it growing like crazy

potatoe By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 04-30-12 07:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to tealbrand

Going to be busy today: painting, doctor, store, painting again!
Tomorrow DH has hernia surgery--I'm not happy about this. He thinks he's going to pop right up and get back to normal the next day.

Good news--they want me to start working again real soon! More $$ for scrappy things!

Anna--how's the kitchen coming?
Mel--you really are into the gardening mode! lol...I'm glad and it's fun to read about it.
Babigirl--welcome & may I ask (for the rest of us too) what is your name?
Katy--I saw your mojo come streaking by here last night...looked like a shooting star!

Good morning everyone & now I need to leave to paint!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

keeping him in my prayer terry

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Hope all goes well for your dh, Terry. And I am supposed to have tile laid tomorrow and new wall tiles as well. New counter tops are down, very pleased. DH has worked feverishly the last two weeks doing new wiring, new plumbing, new hardware, etc so that we can wrap up this project this weekend. Hopefully, your project will wrap up soon too.

Welcome, babigirl!

Edited by Anna C on 05-01-12 02:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Morning!

Twinlets Mama...whats your name?

My name is Ali

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Good luck Anna. Hope all goes well- and for everyone else that's doing reno's--good luck to you, too!

I'm FINALLY having my new kitchen faucet put in today. Since the weather was so poor on Friday, my dad decided to come out today to help me with it (bless his heart). Its a 2 hour drive for him...eek! small things make this girl happy

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Awesome plants Mel, that potato is going to town!

Welcome babigirl! Join right in and post some new LOs! Oh and tell us about yourself.

Just so you know I am Denise, mother and grandomother living in the Houston, Texas, USA area.

Yeh, Terry, DH is awesome! Best wished to your DH on a quick recovery!

Thanks for the compliments on my grandbabies, they are cute! LOL

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to rockmom

doo

linger By Twinlets Mama

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Mel Love the pictures they are beautiful

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Going to be busy today: painting, doctor, store, painting again!
Tomorrow DH has hernia surgery--I'm not happy about this. He thinks he's going to pop right up and get back to normal the next day.

Good news--they want me to start working again real soon! More $$ for scrappy things!

Anna--how's the kitchen coming?
Mel--you really are into the gardening mode! lol...I'm glad and it's fun to read about it.
Babigirl--welcome & may I ask (for the rest of us too) what is your name?
Katy--I saw your mojo come streaking by here last night...looked like a shooting star!

Good morning everyone & now I need to leave to paint!

My name is Shatema. I will be praying for your husband hope all goes well for him. And congrats on the new job.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
Hope all goes well for your dh, Terry. And I am supposed to have tiled laid tomorrow and new wall tiles as well. New counter tops are down, very pleased. DH has worked feverishly the last two weeks doing new wiring, new plumbing, new hardware, etc so that we can wrap up this project this weekend. Hopefully, your project will wrap up soon too.

Welcome, babigirl!

Thanks Anna

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Awesome plants Mel, that potato is going to town!

Welcome babigirl! Join right in and post some new LOs! Oh and tell us about yourself.

Just so you know I am Denise, mother and grandomother living in the Houston, Texas, USA area.

Yeh, Terry, DH is awesome!

Thanks for the compliments on my grandbabies, they are cute! LOL

Thanks for the welcome

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to babigirl

Hello!!!

Welcome babigirl!!!

Just ran in from being outside all morning, cleaning brush and getting caught in the raspberry bushes had me sqeeling like a little girl, picking the pickies out of my hands and sweating like a pig..... HAHAHA!!! I'm lovin it!! Needed to get a drink....so here I sit!

Beautiful pics of your dgd Denise!!! They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Mel...I'm jealous!!! Looking at your wonderful pics of greenery and goodness!!! I'm not quite there yet!

Go ahead Jeannie...show me the pics!!! More inspiration from you gals who are gardening up a storm!!!

Mandi...just 4 more weeks!!! WOW!!!! This calls for a strawberry trifle...one a week!!! that's an order!!! LOL!!!

Anna...glad to hear the renovation is going smoothly, you'll need to celebrate this w/e if you finish!!!!

Terry...wishing well for your DH...you may have to shackle him to the bed while he sleeps......

Hi Cathe, Cheryl, Tishy and Donna...Hope I got everyone...if I missed anyone...I'll pick on ya next time!!!

OK gals back outside....then back to unpacking another box....I might be done by November!!! I'm serious!!!!

Have a great day everybody!!!!!!!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

O!!!! M!!!! G!!!!!

HOW DID I GET SO !@#$%^&*() FAR BEHIND ALREADY!!!??

Terry love the Fire....when I can get it....dd1 loves the games and has even added a couple apps.....some game with fruit and veggies... How funny dh is confused...WHY would you want a Fire when you have an iPad....doesn't get it does he?

Donna thanks for hosting and I Love the sketch...never got around to the other one but may do it someday still cuz I like it.

Welcome Babigirl to the chatterbox forum.

I gave Katy a challenge to help her find her mojo.

Mel You have a green thumb!!! And maybe that is good news for the neighborhood...renters who know they could possible own the house they're living in someday tend to take better care of them.

Anna so how far away from completion is your kitchen?

gonna go leave some love and maybe scrap later today.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to dollscrap

Thanks for the welcome. Tomorrow is my two year anniversay unfortunatly DH and I both have to work so that sucks. Maybe we can go to dinner once i get off.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to babigirl

babigirl- congrats!

jci

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Jeannie---FRUIT NINJA!!!!!!!!!! It so rocks...and people think you are craaaazzzyyy for sitting alone and giggling alot! I looked up after playing it for about 10 min in the waiting room and this man across the room was laughing at me!
Congrats on the anniversary Shatema!
I'm covered in paint so I better get cleaned up...

Thanks everyone for DH for the well wishes. I love his surgeon and I do have lots of faith in his talent!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Good evening!!!

Oh, I LOVE Fruit Ninja!! I also play Words with Friends and Draw Something on my Kindle Fire. I, of course, read books on it. Oh, we also subscribe to Netflix and I can't watch movies on it too.

ACU2H

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

aaaaaaaaay ya! Juciy Fruit! lol

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Welcome babigirl! Happy anniversary!!

Terry...so your dh thinks he's going to be up and back to normal the day after hernia surgery? Ummmm, I don't think so! My dh has had 3. (one when he was in his 20's...then he had one done on the other side several years ago...and the last one he had was to repair the one he had done when he was young)... I don't remember him getting up and around the next day...if anything, he was in down and around in bed!

Anna, I bet you're getting excited for the remodeling job to be completed!! I would be!

Yes, my sister gave me a DEFINITE challenge!! I'm going to have to write it all down there's so many requirements! I should be done with it in about 6 months!

I'm going to have to check out some of those games for my ipad...right now I'm stuck on Bejeweled...I know, OLD SCHOOL~... but I'm addicted to it!

Anyone watching DWTS?? Judges finally gave the first 30 of the season... to Maria and Derek..

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Scrapkaty

(sneaks in and drops off a digi)

Red Hot Latin 2012 By DNA301

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Ali, do you have elbow pain with your carpel tunnel?

Shatema, congrats on your anniversary. Hope you got to go out to dinner last night!

Yep, I'm watching DWTS. Maria and Derek are not my favs but they do a good job. I really like Donald and Peta! I think they are an awesome dancing couple! I cannot believe Melissa
Gilbert is still around! Tonight I will have to channel hop since The Biggest Loser ends tonight!

I'm ready for the kitchen redo to be over. I just hope all goes well today. I'm ready to get back to scrappiing now.

Have a good day ladies!

Edited by Anna C on 05-01-12 02:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to babigirl

Morning- worked most of yesterday. I DID finally get to scrap last night though. Got three layouts done. Taking photos in a few.

Katy~ Happy Birthday!!!

Shatema- Happy Anniversary!

Cheryl- have you tried the new "Scramble with Friends". I am addicted to that on my droid!! I also play words with friends and draw something once in a while.

Terry~ Hope your hubby has a quick recovery!! Depending on the hernia he may or may not need to rest for a few days lol My friend had an umbilical hernia and was okay to go to work the next day, but a few others I know had ones that were pretty bad and they were in bed for a few days. I have to have one repaired when the baby is born and I am not looking forward to it.

Jeannie- I am pretty far behind too! I was thinking the exact !@#$%^&*() thing!! LOL

Jo- Glad your move went well and yes!! LOL One trifle per day sounds great!! LOL

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Morning ladies!

Happy Anniversary Shatema!! I hope you and your hubby get to go out after work

[email protected]! I said the same thing to myself. You have to man this post 24/7 not to get behind lol

Terry-keeping your hubby in my prayers. My hubby had hernia surgery a few years ago too. If I recall correctly he was out of work for like 6 weeks

Thanks for sharing your name Ali!

Mel-your plants are gorgeous!! You have quite the variety there

Can't wait to see pics of your finished remodel Anna-I bet you can't wait til its all over!

Yay for your new facet Ali! Very sweet of your dad

I hope you find you mojo Katy! Ugh...hate when that happens. So whats this challenge your sister gave you? I'm curious lol

Sounds like you're having a blast Jojo! Hard work but very rewarding

I'm gonna have to look into Fruit Ninja now lol I play Draw Something...but have been slacking lately

I see you sneaking in there Ashley!

Hi hi to everyone else!

Here's one I did over the weekend.Poor guy was exausted by the end of the day. Of course I had to scrap it..hee hee hee

Before and After By DittoBabyGirl

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to babigirl

happy anniversary shatema hope you and dh have a great and sweet day

happy birthday sweet katy (send me your addy)

donna awesome layout,love everything you did

terry your dh is still in my daily prayer

mandi it almost over with

ashley awesome layout and pic girlfriend

anna cannot wait to see the pics of your repairs

ali and jeannie and jo/cathe/tish

first 2 layout for may

adam* By Tealbrand

yourdayadam* By Tealbrand

still waitin on new plants from bupee some of my plants was damaged from shipping and trying to see if they pull too

Edited by tealbrand on 05-01-12 05:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to tealbrand

H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y Katy!!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Happy Birthday to Katy!!!

I got up my cheese dip for my daughter's class, dropped her off at school, went to the grocery store, put away the groceries and started a load of laundry. Whew!! I am exhausted already and it's only 9:00 a.m.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to tealbrand

Morning gals!!!

Rainy, raw, Monday morning...YUCK! Thankfully I got some stuff done yesterday! Guess it'll be a day of rest and relaxing....somewhat....there's plenty still to do.

Happy Birthday Katy!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Mandi... one per week!!! one per day....hey if ya wanna!!! LOL!!!

What do yout think my chances are of having Hubby go out into the rain, next door to the other cabin basement and have him drag out my scrappin goodies???? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM....slim!!!!

wishful thinking is just that.... wishful.... thinking.

The weather is suppose to be glorious come this w/e...If so, I plan on making a run to the nursery and buying meself some beautiful plants!!! Hey opening is only two weeks away after all! Plans for the store have been backburnered....for now... need to finish up the sites. We'll get er done....at some point. I'm thinking by the fourth of July.... more than wishful thinking.,just need the time to do it!!! After all...it is to be a money maker...not millions mind you, but an income never the less.

So How goes it in your neck of the woods????? Hows the weather, are the little ones feeling better??? I hope so...Been praying for them.

There's a SB contest on FB... more entries for you the more friends you "invite"....
I need more friends....LOL!!!!

OK off to start laundry and to unpack yet another box.....

One of these days soon I'll be taking some pics about the property...and hope to post them soon. What I really want to do is start my Scrapbook of the Bog and of moving to the Campground........

Phrase of the Day...

Ideas are Bliss...you think of them, write them down....and then.... you rethink them again and again...at a slow simmer till you get them right!

Sorry for the ramble....it's a janis joplin kinda day....

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a mercedes benz...my friends all drive porsches...I must make amends......

toodles!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

good morning

Whew a lot to catch up on.

Welcome Shetema- I'm Cathe, I live in northern Illinois. I am married, have two adult children, both are married and both have a boy and a girl. Sure hope you don't have to cook on your anniversary!

Happy birthday Katy!!

Terry- prayers for your dh

Anna- remodel almost done, yhea! can't wait to see picts. We did a remodel 20 yrs. ago to the kitchen. it still is my "new kitchen" to me

JoJo- I'm sure Wild Bill would go get your scrappy things....if you know how to ask.

DWTS I love it!! I've always voted for the blonde lady who sings, but last night... man they all kicked it up a notch. Melissa needs to go.

Hi to all, better go get something done.

Oh...who is going to participate in National Scrapbook day on sb.com on Sat?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:

I got up my cheese dip for my daughter's class, dropped her off at school, went to the grocery store, put away the groceries and started a load of laundry. Whew!! I am exhausted already and it's only 9:00 a.m.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

and I'm still in my robe! shame on me!!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to scrappin 2

Yes!! Only 25 days left until my actual due date!! We are really getting excited and can't wait. Even Natalia asks "when my baby come home?" lol

Here is a layout from me. I have to work for an hour, and then I will be back to get caught up indefinitely!! I have the day to myself (until 4:30)!!

eigth grade By SQ Mandi

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

mel - 15yrs! they have to live there 15yrs! dumb
scrapping mel should be called planting mel during the spring months...oh I see she dropped a few off while I playing catch up.

thanks cheryl for doing a great job hosting in april.

terry- here's to you get more $$, hope your dh recovers as quickly as he think he will

anna - this weekend? fingers crossed for you

welcome shatema & happy anniversary. dh & I reached 20yrs this past dec. 21.

I see you ashley

katy - any luck on tracking down your mojo? Happy Birthday!

mandi - how's leandra doing? you getting anywhere with the schooling? We had school yesterday in Hillsborough co.

hi cathe, ali, jeannie, denise, donna

Jo - we want to see pictures!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to carbphrek

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to rockmom

Wow, was I ever behind!! Lol

Anna- I have definite pain in my right elbow. Not in the left one. Maybe because I'm right hand dominant? Not sure...

Happy birthday Katy!

I LOVE my new faucet! No more leaking, the hot water is where it should be and the handle doesn't twist all the way around anymore, which means it turns off the way it's supposed to as well will post a pic later...

JoJo- I bet the campground will look phenomenal when it's done

Our niece has a hernia, too, but the drs here won't do anything about it because it isnt causing her any serious problems. I kinda think it's dumb. It shouldn't be there, so why not remove it?

Hi hi to everyone else

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Oh--cathe I'm hoping to participate on Saturday!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY! HOPE IT IS A BLAST!

Edited by Anna C on 05-01-12 09:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Hello ladies how is all. I am ok just at work. today has been ok kinda long. I may do some scrapping tonight. Also orderd my camera yesterday i count that as my scrappy splurge for this pay check

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Twinlets Mama Said:
babigirl- congrats!

jci

Thanks

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Jeannie---FRUIT NINJA!!!!!!!!!! It so rocks...and people think you are craaaazzzyyy for sitting alone and giggling alot! I looked up after playing it for about 10 min in the waiting room and this man across the room was laughing at me!
Congrats on the anniversary Shatema!
I'm covered in paint so I better get cleaned up...

Thanks everyone for DH for the well wishes. I love his surgeon and I do have lots of faith in his talent!

Thanks Terry hope all went well with DH

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Happy Birthday Cathy I see we got married on your birthday lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Anna- the anniversay is tonight but no don't think we are going to do dinner would love to but think we are going to wait until i am off. He is going to go get me a paper trimmer so i am happy about that

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Thanks Stacy Mandi Mel Cathe and donna for the anniversary wishes

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

And JoJo thank you to

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to babigirl

Nico has a super-regional tournament on saturday, at least I'll get some good pictures to scrap. I'm missing a whole nsd weekend with the girls and debby schuh but its worth it to see my little guy complete with all his heart.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:
scrapping mel should be called planting mel during the spring months...oh I see she dropped a few off while I playing catch up.

terry- here's to you get more $$, hope your dh recovers as quickly as he think he will

I see you ashley

mandi - how's leandra doing? you getting anywhere with the schooling? We had school yesterday in Hillsborough co.

20 years i hope i can make it that long. Def would be an accomplishement congrats on such a long marraige. What's the key to making it that long

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Anna- the anniversay is tonight but no don't think we are going to do dinner would love to but think we are going to wait until i am off. He is going to go get me a paper trimmer so i am happy about that

What kind are you going to get?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

What is Papa like? By Scrappin 2

Here is a LO about my dh. I hardly ever do Los of him. Geez he looks so old!! guess I am too. LOL
There is also one for our grandson in the gallery too.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:

20 years i hope i can make it that long. Def would be an accomplishement congrats on such a long marraige. What's the key to making it that long

Sleeping in separate beds! seriously he snores horribly when stressed at work and his phone beeps all night long. I hate sharing quilts too so we have separate blankets & sheets.

He takes care of the boys during the night when they are sick.

Exercise together. We do karate as a family.

We have also learned that we do not need to do everything together - go on vacations, visit the theatre/movies, grocery store, car shopping and stuff. I'm amazed by some of the stuff a married friend will not do without her dh like go out to dinner when he is working swing shift or buy clothes for herself without him there.

I take the boys to busch gardens & disney world without dh all the time. We are still individuals not surgically attached when married.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Happy Birthday Katy I love you!! Yay 39 again!!

Happy Anniversary Shatema to you and your dh

Well Peeps....2 pages worth of chat since I checked in..

Jo no pics yet...really windy today and chilly but sunny. I wanna wait til the flowers are a bit bigger with more blooms..I have pics of last summer though. I'll look for 'em.

Last night was my favorite DWTS ever..I LOVE classical music and the orchestra played 5 of my faves...Romeo and Juliet and Pacobel Canon. Loved all the dances but Derek and partner were my fave. I think Melissa will be leaving. Maxim needs to be smacked...what arrogance...did you watch him while they were being critiqued....like he was bored....he does not take criticism well. Laugh moments..the guys taking off their shirts when two of them didn't want to and Maria baring her vampire teeth.

Off to scrap..I'm first on two Round Robins and I gotta do something original...and I think right now my mojo is with Katy's.
oh and btw the challenge is NOT That Hard K....T....!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to babigirl

it katy bday

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

new one and working on cards

2004*happygraduation! By Tealbrand

shatema you suppose to be out with dh like doing something sweet or fun

Edited by tealbrand on 05-01-12 12:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • babigirl Said:

What kind are you going to get?

Don't know gotta pick out one

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:
  • babigirl Said:

Sleeping in separate beds! seriously he snores horribly when stressed at work and his phone beeps all night long. I hate sharing quilts too so we have separate blankets & sheets.

He takes care of the boys during the night when they are sick.

Exercise together. We do karate as a family.

We have also learned that we do not need to do everything together - go on vacations, visit the theatre/movies, grocery store, car shopping and stuff. I'm amazed by some of the stuff a married friend will not do without her dh like go out to dinner when he is working swing shift or buy clothes for herself without him there.

I take the boys to busch gardens & disney world without dh all the time. We are still individuals not surgically attached when married.

I feel ya and this very good advice i will def keep it in mind.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

thanks dollscrap sorry don't know your first name

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Mel I am at work you know that lol

Edited by babigirl on 05-01-12 01:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
thanks dollscrap sorry don't know your first name

It's Jeannie...and my sister is here on this forum too...Scrapkaty (Katy).

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to dollscrap

it time for me to log off until weds

here something i been a follower i am still crying and sending prayer

http://www.khou.com/news/slideshows/Local -baby-battles-...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Well, my housework is done except for some small things I am going to do on Friday and then I can plan on partcipating in NSD on Saturday!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is my take on the May sketch posted by Donna:

The Best Gift of All By Cdjohnson

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ladies.. was at the hospital tonight, thought I was in labor. Have to go back tomorrow for another NST. They want to try and keep baby in until atleast 38 weeks, so that is just under 2 weeks away- EEP! LOL

Jessa starts martial arts classes this week. Albert's been taking classes and they are offering them free for Jessa. She'll be learning krav maga, kick boxing, and Taekwondo. It's 3 days a week and she is sooo excited!!

Off to bed. I will finish catch up in the morning!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to SQ Mandi

Thanks all for the birthday wishes...I had a great day even though I had to work. DH bought me an angel by Jim Shore...and a GC here at sb.com.. guess I'll go do some shopping...
OK. so here is my sister's challenge..
I have to scrap a photo of dh and I,
using papers from my most recent scrapbook kit,
and make a flower like one Jeannie and I made..or use the flower we made...
and use a sketch from my sketch book shown on page 9....well, I looked on page 9 and all that's there is an introductory letter thingy...so, sis...pick another page!....is there anything else I forgot in that challenge, sis?

Mandi...oooh, take care of yourself!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Scrapkaty

It's almost over and I just now got the chance to sit down and ---drum roll---
H*A*P*P*Y B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y KATY!!!

Quickly before bed--Dr M.- the surgeon-- came in to look at DH before taking him in and when he saw that Steve had one of those skin infections he said no hernia surgery so instead he removed the infection. But the hernia one will be in about a week. Enough time for the infection to totally clear!
I'll be back in the morning to cu on everything!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

G'morning!

Mel-that article was so sad..but so inspiring. I can't imagine what those parents went thru. Very inspiring that they were able to celebrate her life instead of mourning her. *wipes tears off face*

Well I got my new Cricut Imagine and after a little stress it WORKS! At first the cut and print wasn't aligned and I thought I'd have to send this one back too. After recalibrating it works perfectly =) The seller also sent me a few packages of stickers and a Cricut cartridge-I thought that was real sweet of her. I am now on an Imagine cartridge buying spree lol They aren't as expensive as the regular carts ($15 to $20). I got 2 free ones with my Rewards points, bought 2 on Evilbay last night and one from Anna (thanks Anna!)

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Morning!!

Donna- once you get to sit and play with your imagine PLEASE give us your full review.. I am so tempted to buy one! LOL

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Dropping off my DT work and finally off to finish catching up before work.

1st Meeting *Color Me Scrappy DT Work* Challenge 3 By SQ Mandi

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to carbphrek

Sorry- for some reason I JUST saw this post.

Well we got progress reports sent home, and she is now failing 2 classes plus gym. I called the school to see about meeting with her guidance counselor and teachers and was told whats the point of a meeting, there is nothing they can do.

Hubby and I have had it with that middle school. We are looking into a school that is down by hubby's work for her for next year. It is a catholic school, she won't have to be bussed because hubby can drop her off and pick her up. She starts school 15 minutes before he has to be at work and ends 10 minutes after he leaves work. We will have to pay a small amount per year for her to go there, but a few people have recommend this school to me locally, after hearing what has been going on with her in home and at school. Some of their kids have had issues like Leandra does, and this school really helped their kids. I was really hoping it didn't have to go this route, but with getting no help at all from the school or her counselor something has to be done.

• carbphrek Said:

I see you ashley

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning!! I was supposed to work today but they called and asked if I wanted at excused absence and I said SURE!! Only bad part is I have to call back at certain intervals to see if they need me later. I am praying they don't need me all day!

Mandi - I hope baby is able to hang in there for a couple of more weeks.

Mel - Sad but touching story.

Katy - Glad you had a good birthday. Let us know what you purchase from SB.com

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to SQ Mandi

happy weds

stacey

mandi ss you still havein issues with dd hope the new school help big hug you need to not stress out so much it not good for the baby

donna that way 2 awesome all the new toys and goodies you got to play with next week i am going on evilbay and find me some new cards
still waiting on the rest of that insurance ckeck
another noise day in the hood

terry happy dh has a couple more days before his deal and hope he get over his infection

anna you are taken before and after pics

hi to katy/jeannie/ali/cathe/ba bygirl/tishd/jojo

doing the sketch today

Edited by tealbrand on 05-02-12 06:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest little lisp, "Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?" As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees, so that he's on her level, and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabby or a thoft and fuwwy bwack wabby or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabby over there?" She, in turn blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees, leans forward and says in a quiet voice, "I don't fink my pet python weally gives a thit.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Good morning all!

New floors down and new wall tiles on and dust everywhere. Worked late last night trying to clean up but still have a ways to go. So glad to finally have this part over. Now for some major cleaning. Will post a few photos soon.

Katy, glad you had a good birthday!

Hi Jo! Sounds like you are one busy woman!

Terry, sounds like your DH has a lot going on. Hope the next surgery goes smoothly!

Stacey, hope Nico does well at the tournament.

Babigirl, enjoy your anniversary dinner. We don’t get to eat out on our actual anniversary often either due to the husband’s work hours. So we just have to wing it. We will be married 31 years this year and what Stacey says is pretty much true. You do have to have a life of your own but I don’t like the sleeping in separate beds. I don’t sleep well when he’s not there with me. I find his presence at night very comforting. However, we do have friends who sleep separately because of snoring and other health issues/problems.

Mel, I saw that bucket list thing on facebook. One of my friends sent the link to me. Very sad but yet so full of inspiration! And you gave me my laugh of the day! Cute joke!

Mandi, how are you feeling today? Hope everything is ok. Sorry you have such issues with your dd.

Yeah Donna! So glad that you got your new toy and glad it is working. I am glad to know that you will get some use of that cartridge because I would never be able to use it. And I got my package in the mail today. Thanks so much.

Denise, how are you feeling? Still have your grandbabies! Your trip is soon too, isn’t it?

Hello to everyone!

Have a great day ladies.

Edited by Anna C on 05-02-12 05:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
Happy Birthday Katy I love you!! Yay 39 again!!

Happy Anniversary Shatema to you and your dh

Well Peeps....2 pages worth of chat since I checked in..

Jo no pics yet...really windy today and chilly but sunny. I wanna wait til the flowers are a bit bigger with more blooms..I have pics of last summer though. I'll look for 'em.

Last night was my favorite DWTS ever..I LOVE classical music and the orchestra played 5 of my faves...Romeo and Juliet and Pacobel Canon. Loved all the dances but Derek and partner were my fave. I think Melissa will be leaving. Maxim needs to be smacked...what arrogance...did you watch him while they were being critiqued....like he was bored....he does not take criticism well. Laugh moments..the guys taking off their shirts when two of them didn't want to and Maria baring her vampire teeth.

Off to scrap..I'm first on two Round Robins and I gotta do something original...and I think right now my mojo is with Katy's.
oh and btw the challenge is NOT That Hard K....T....!

At first I thought "Classical?" "How is that going to work?" but it was awesome!!! Melissa should have been booted off. Max just kind of drags her around. Yes, he is arrogant but he sure is 'eye candy' LOL.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Yes Max and Melissa should have been voted off. I can't believe they are still there!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Anna- I am feeling okay this morning. Sitting in the recliner with my feet up getting some work done. I have a NST later this afternoon.

I have 3 more galleries to catch up on, and then I am all done!! Until some one drops a bomb! LOL

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Anna C

Morning!

Its a beautiful day so far, breezy & still low temps in the morning. The boys & I planted some tomatoes & herbs yesterday, they were so excited this morning when they walked out front and saw the plants. They already forgot about them!

So far done 10 pages this month...but they're not mine.

Good luck holding that baby in, I never made beyond 37weeks.

5 more weeks of school! Really! What am I suppose to do with these boys for 9 weeks, I can't afford summer camps at $150+ each per week.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Morning.

Grandbabies last day here. DDs car needs a new starter, we were stranded in the Khol's parking lot yesterday. We finally got it started, came home put the car seats in DHs Crown Victoria and finished our shopping. She and DH are taking it to a repair shop today.

Got me a new spiffy Nikon camera bag, and a fleece to wear under my gortex rain coat. The weather in the inside passage is gonna feel real cold and wet to us in the 40s and 50s for days and 30s and 40s for night. We are hot and humid here with temps in the upper 80s with high humidity and nighttime temps in the 70s.

Also got the grandbabies 2 dresses and a shorts outfit each and me a pair of sketchers, I am gonna scotch guard them to help make them a bit more water resistant.

Our trip is on 16 days. Oh and we got my parents a digital photo frame to display the photos from our trip on (the trip is for their 60th anniversary celebration.) Was racking my brain trying to think of somethibg meaningful, DH came up with the idea.

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics