Page 10 of 10 
Username Post: MAY - New Layouts        (Topic#1574347)
scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

These are the Days to Remember By Scrappin 2

Here is a lo I did for a challenge on the Rockin' Scrappin' grams thread.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

OMG MAndi...this is truly a year of tests for you and your family.
Good luck..hope it isn't a break..hope that baby comes this week..didn't we say that last week?

Cathe..that oreos and pistachio thing sounds soooooo good!

Here is my layout for the scrap from your faves challenge'
Grizzly Gulch By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

ACU2H

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

We are home. Had a wonderful time. Have a ton of laundry and houshold chores to catch up on. We are helping our SIL's family move tomorrow but I will be back to CU and check in.

Jeannie, it sure was cold and dreary in SF yesterday! Its HOT here and I am feeling it after the cool weather.

We filled a 16GB card with photos. Many are probably dupes 'cause I couldn't keep DH from taking the camera! LOL Started on a second card.

Mandi, thanks for waiting to have that baby til I got back but really it wasn't necessary! LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Denise welcome back. One summer we were in San Francisco I thought I'd freeze. I had on a sweatshirt and jacket. Being from Illinois we are used to cold, but I didn't expect being so cold in CA. My sister warned me.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

DENISE! You're home! Welcome back and I can't wait to see your photos and layouts!

Mandi, is there a dark cloud hanging over your house or something? I hope your daughter's foot is not broken! And I am praying that this is the week for baby! I know you must be miserable.

Cheryl, so glad Maddie home and doing better.

Jeannie, so if I go back and add more crackle paint to my frame I should see more cracks? It already has three coats which you must look closely to see any cracks.

Hello to everyone else.

Edited by Anna C on 05-27-12 05:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

quote from Mark Twain..."the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco".

Glad you had a great time Denise and look forward to the photos.

We just got back from a barbeque...a game feed...dh made elk curry. the sun finally came out..but still a bit chilly.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off:

Water By Cdjohnson

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hi checking in quick...I'm exhausted! All campers partied out I hope! Mass exidus (sp) tomorrow morning....wonderful, extremely busy w/e!!! Cleaned the bath house a gazillion times!!! Campers were great, very respectful, took pics, will post sometime this week when all is quiet. Got back to my cabin around 11 tonight, hubby out for a night ride with DD Hannah, they left....5 minutes later....our cat Scruffy went into labor....so far...two kittens..!!!OY VEY!!!

You know what this means Mandi>>>>YOUR NEXT!!!!

OK I'm off like a prom dress...back to matron duty, then bed,,,,or sun up,,which ever comes first! Ciao!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Jojo Noons

Jody - Glad things are going so well. I know you are busy but I am sure it is a GOOD busy!! Can't wait to see pictures.

I have already been to the grocery this morning BEFORE everyone else got out. Everything is ready for grilling later as we decided to do both Brats and burgers. Watermelon is chilling in the fridge. Laundry is going and I am going to scrap until time to start the grill.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Morning!

I am soooo far behind-don't know if I'll be able to get caught up

Welcome back Denise!!!

Mandi Mandi Mandi-hopefully when your lil darlin comes out it'll end this bad luck sickness streak you are having. Your poor kiddies

Gonna wash the rugs today-we gots to get cracking. The kids come home in 2 weeks. We have SO much to do!

Have a wonderful day

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Mandi - Was your daughter's foot broken?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

I think I am ACU.

Edited by rockmom on 05-28-12 08:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off:

MUSIC 2011-2012 By Cdjohnson

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to rockmom

Hello, everybody!

Denise: welcome back! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Jojo noons: what a neat thing to watch kittens being born! Hope you scrap it.

I am still experimenting with bow-making. As Dollscrap said, the bows you make with a fork are extra-tiny. I tried using my hair pick, with good results (not perfect, but OK). The bows are a bit bigger than the fork bows. Now I am off to Target to get some ribbon to play around some more. Will post pictures if I get some decent ones .

Also, I LOST the perfect embellishment for a LO I am doing! It is a pretty chipboard purse, and i was going to use it for the Fashion Challenge. The LO shows my grandma, in the last weeks of her life, goofing around with my new winter hat--a hat that everyone hated. She had just found out that she had a year, max, to live. Turns out, she died 2 or 3 weeks later. So this is special to me and I want to scrap it. What better way than the fashion challenge?

Off to Target to print off some pics and get some ribbon. Be back later!

Have a good day!
Kim

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

WARNING, VENT CONTAINED:

We loved the cruise. One of the only drawbacks was that you are forced to fight the crowds of rude folks. Not many followed the unspoken rules of curteous behaviour by not cutting in line and walking on the right. I can't tell you how many times I was run into by someone going the wrong way, turning corners on the wrong side, or trying to get into a crammed elevator before the folks exiting had time to get off. I really detest rude people. I heard several folks commenting on the rudeness. I did meet some very nice folks from all over the world as well. Had a nice long chat with two women from Australia. Sweet poeple.

The flight outbound was great. I had a window seat both planes which is fine by me. No getting up to let anyone out. I could just entertain myself in my own little world and look out the window.

Coming home was the flight from hell for me. First plane I had a kid kicking the back of my seat from Seattle to San Francisco while his mom kept yelling at him, "Jeffey, Mommy told you sit still." "Jeffrey, Mommy told you to be quite and stop kicking." "Jeffrey, Mommy said to sit still and be quiet and no kicking." "Jeffrey, what did I tell you." BUT she never ever made him do anything. If that flight had been ten minutes longer "T" would have scared the !@# outta that kid!

The second plane, I was ticketed to have a window seat and DH was across the asile. Okay we can do that. When I got to my row, there was a man and his wife in the row with me and she was holding an 18 month old. OMG, really, and they had taken my window seat. I looked at my ticket, then at them. He said to me, "I bought two tickets and I am going to sit by my wife." I said, "Okay but move over I have the window seat." He said. "No, we need the window seat fot the kid." I said,"Its my seat and I want it. I am not getting up to let you out to take him to the room or change his diaper or let you go to the room. This is a 4 hour flight and I will not get up." He turned his head and looked away and said he was staying put and would get up if he wanted to. I said, "Just try it mister, just try it." (Yeh, I have a temper when pushed too far.) I know I would not have been so hard-hearted if I had not been kicked in the back for two and a half hours. I am not a mean person, but I do expect the same courteous treatment from others that I give to them. The other two adults travelling with them were in the window and middle seat and the one in the window seat was holding their other 18 month old child. They both reassigned their seats with not care to anyone but themselves. Sheesh, really! sourrounded by two babies on a 4 hour flight, oh boy. Turns out the kids went right to sleep and didn't wake up the whole trip and not one of the four adults tried to get up. They knew they were wrong to assume we would give them our seats. The airlinse should really asign folks with babies to the back rows for everyone's comfort. Also think they should have to buy a seat for the kid instead of being an impostion on others. Just my take on it. If that man had asked me nicely about the seating I would have galdly said, "Okay, sure!" Dictating to me never sits well and makes me angry.

I had a man behind me that was a large man. Tall and large framed. He had to pull himself outta the seat with the back of my seat and when he let go my seat back shook back and forth like a spring board. He had a carry on that didn't fit in the overhead because it was too full so he shoved it under my seat and to give himself leg room shoved it right over the retaining bar and into my ankles. I was so fed up I got outta my seat got down on the floor and shoved it right back. Told him to keep his bag off my legs. He did, and its a good thing.

The flight attendant tried to turn my camera carry on bag on its side and then its top to make room for a too-large roller board bag that was too long for the bins. I told her to take her hands off the bag as she was trying to shove it into a too-small spot that it had an expensive camera in it and it was there first and would remain as-is. I didn't want the bag man-handled and was the reason it was a carry on and not checked. She tried it with another man's bag and he told her the same thing. Our bags were much smaller than that oversized carryon. I don'tknow how they got it thru security. It really was bigger than the stated size allowment. She tried to make room all down the aisle and was stopped by every person. No one was happy with that traveller, including the attendant. Why she didn't tell him it had to be checked I'll never know.

Lets just say it was less than pleasnt trip home.

VENT OVER

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Denise!!!! OMG! I'm traveling with you. Love how you stood up for yourself and I can't believe all these things happened to you all in one vacation.
so now to the cruise....
< Denise

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dollscrap

Katie 7 layouts and 1/2 a little book.
Me 3 layouts...and some newspaper puzzles and Angry Birds and doing stuff other than scrapping. (it's like that even when I'm at her house.

left some love and will catch up on the chat.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Denise - I hope the cruise was worth all the other C*R*A*P you had to put up with!! Can't wait to see pics.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to cdjohnson

JCI. No baby yet.

Leandras foot does not have a break- they x-rayed her foot.. badly sprained in 6 spots, she has a brace on her foot and crutches. I have to bring her into her pediatrician and the orthopedic doctor in a week after some of the swelling goes down for another set of x-rays just to make sure there is no hair line fractures. Apparently there was so much swelling in her foot, their could be a hair line fracture that is being "covered"..

I am relaxing with my feet up right now. Haven't felt good the last few days. I really hope this is the baby's way of prepping to come!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

LOL, Jeannie that was not how I would have normally handled the situation but I had had it and could take no more bullying.

Cheryl, yes the cruise was wonderful. Such a beautiful part of the world to visit. Just stunningly gorgeous.

Aww poor Leandra and Mandi.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off:

MOM By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off another:

Delight in your youth By Cdjohnson

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Finger crossed for Leandra's foot and that the baby is prepping to pop out.

Denise aren't the blues there REALLY REALLY blue...on the icebergs and glaciers..that is something I've never forgotten.

Katy left...sniff sniff....we met her dd and her dd bff at a new restaurant called BJs..very crowded and bad service but we had a good time..they kept us waiting but it was busy so that would've been understandable but once seated at a table that felt like it was in the middle of everything, the waitress was slllooooowww and messed up our (my) order and then messed up the check...NO apologies at all from anyone there...we needed Denise there lol. We heard the guy behind us tell his waitress "you're slower that sh!t!"..so unexpected we laughed...From there Katy went home..but we will be together next weekend for a non scrap weekend....we're going to Mom and Dad's house to clean...still no buyers yet...dang. I'm gonna stay at Katy's. Does anyone wanna buy house right off a golf course...near a lake...a walk away from the country club and good restaurant...45 minutes away from the Yosemite (National Park) gate. 24-2800 sf (w can't remember)..3/4 bdrms.3 baths..den, family and living rooms...formal and casual dining.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Acu2h with love.

Denise, your flights sound terrible. I don't like flying to begin with and I am glad you stood up for yourself too. I can't wait to see photos!

Mandi, glad Kendra doesn't have a broken foot but a sprain can be just as bad. Hope baby is making plans to come soon.

Cheryl, was your water melon good? I refused to buy one. The ones here were small and were $6. I wasn't paying that much and then it not be any good. And I love water melon too!

Jo, glad your weekend was busy and full of campers.

Hello to everyone else. See you in the a m!

Edited by Anna C on 05-28-12 05:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Anna C

Hello, everyone:

Hope everyone had a super holiday! I played with ribbon for a good part of the day. Think I have mastered the fork bow; I submit a pic here.

Mark (boyfriend since 1990) contacted teh Catholic church today to see about getting an annulment. He was married for 5 months in 1989 to a woman who came from a family of money and who loved money above all else. Mark had a donut shop, which was a TON of work for not much money. One day she said, "I can do better." Mark said "go ahead, then." So she left him. He's technically Catholic, but I don't think I will join the Catholic church. I like Baptist/Methodist churches. I like to go to church every week, and usually it's Catholic mass. There is something about each denomination that I like.

Well, obviously we are in no hurry to get married, but Mark feels he should get an annulment first. We have talked about it for years, and he is finally going to meet with the priest tomorrow. I hope he doesn't have to look her up, cause it's been 23 years!

Like I said, this woman was rich (well, she had a rich daddy). She once told Mark that she would never buy clothes on clearance cause "they've been picked through." SO opposite of me: I am all about sales (and thrift stores--you can imagine what she thought of thrift stores!) It's funny that she said she could do better--Mark's sister said, "Mark could do better too--and he has!"

The china they got for a wedding present is at Mark's dad's house. I want it. Is that terrible?

Kim
bow made with a fork By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 05-28-12 06:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to jaspernonyx

Anna - yes, the watermelon was good. I paid $4 for my small watermelon but decided it was worth it. I really like to go over to Missouri and buy melons from people who sell in the stands on the street. They are the BEST!!

Hubby and I watched the Hatfields and McCoys and are now getting ready to head to bed. I have to work the next two days and will probably pop in long enough to say hi because the Hatfields and McCoys is a 3 part series and I want to see it all.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Anna I am not sure about adding more crackle paint to some already there...might work....I'd experiment first. But wherever I had the paint thickest the cracks were bigger..but no they don't get very big so you are right about that.

Dang, Cheryl I forgot all about the Hatfields and McCoys...I wanted to watch it..sure it will be on again. Was it good?

Does anyone watch Game of Thrones ...geez....bloody, nudity, gore...getting tired of it actually but dh and dd1 (she read all the books) are big fans and when they have it on I can't NOT watch it.

How about So You Think You Can Dance?...already they're pulling on our heartstrings. Some awesome dancers..love the Australian ballet guy.

Kim..why not have the china..it's his not hers and why let it just sit if you like it...if doesn't bother him or you then who cares? Go for it. Like your fork bow...I found a huge fork so I may give that a whirl.

Oh Jojo..kittens..how sweet...like you aren't busy enough already...look forward to the pics and glad your first holiday weekend went well. Nice of the kitties to wait til you're alone.

Cathe San Francsico weather is not typical of the rest of the bay area...Maybe because it is surrounded by water on 3 sides?? When it does get hot over here (I'm on the other side of the bay) we'll sometimes go over there cuz most of the time it's a lot cooler but I have been over there when it is hot..like 100.

Where's Mel? Hi everyone else.

Edited by dollscrap on 05-28-12 07:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to dollscrap

Just poppin' in to say Hi before I go off to bed. I had a blast with my sister this weekend...Time flew as usual!'
I'll post my layouts in the forum tomorrow. I'm too pooped right now...
Mandi! Still waiting!! I'm sure by this time you are MORE than ready to get this birth over with!
Denise, welcome back...hope you had fun...sorry you had lousy experiences on your flights...Hope the actual cruise was better!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Scrapkaty

Morning!

Had an exausting but productive day yesterday. I washed my living room rug...and we cleaned out the garage. As we were cleaning the garage I sounded like the people on Hoarders "I don't care if I haven't used that in 5 years-I may want to someday" lol I actually let some things go and we got alot done

Heres my bow...I don't remember if I used a bigger fork-I don't think I did cause I do have a fork in my scrapping carosel

How to tie a bow with a fork By DittoBabyGirl

Oh Cheryl-thanks SO much for the link for the dress card. I loveeee it and made like 5 of them this weekend for upcoming birthdays. SO cute!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Morning.

Yep I am so ready to get this baby out.
Totally irritated this morning. Woke up to find my daughter walking around totally fine ..no limp, no brace, no crutches, outside chasing a cat. As soon as she sees, me she starts limping, moaning & groaning because "it hurts so bad"..yet I have just watched her run around outside for a good 5 minutes with no gripe.. I am tempted to tell her just to pop a shoe on, no crutches and go to school.

Hope everyone is well.. sorry I am not on much these days but right now I barely have the energy to get up in the morning. Lol

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning! It is Tuesday but it sure feels like Monday!

Cheryl, I like to purchase our fruits and vegetables at the farmer’s market here. Things are just now starting to come in and ready for sell. I don’t have good luck at Wal-Mart or Sam’s with watermelons and we even went to a Food City to look at theirs. We just decided to wait another week or so until the
farmer’s market is open. Things are better there and cheaper too.

We are watching Hatfields and McCoys too. I feel asleep before it over but I do have it set to DVR. An almost civil war over a dang pig!

Jeannie, sorry, but I don’t watch either of those shows. I am going to go back and add more crackle paint to my frame and see what happens. I’ll let you know.

Jo, how many kittens did you end up with?

Mel, where are you?

Mandi, hang in there girl! We all love you here! Just do whatcha gotta do! Not sure about the daughter and her ankle though. Glad it’s not broken, and I guess the swelling is gone too if she is able to run
around but you sure don’t need any unnecessary drama right now.

Hi Cathe and Terry and anybody else that I may have missed.

Have a great day all!

Edited by Anna C on 05-29-12 05:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to cdjohnson

Morning everyone,
crazy dumb computer has decided it does not want to work, so I'm on dh's mini laptop which stinks. I'm so spoiled by the fullsize keyboard & 17" screen.

Been off the internet since Saturday so I'm going thru withdrawal.

FIL is driving MIL crazy before the surgery has even happened. SIL is just plain insane, seriously scary to be around. She is paranoid, hateful & talks at the top of her lungs. She needs help but will not stick with a program. MIL enables her too.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to carbphrek

Stacey, I just came back to this forum to see where you were at! Hope your internet issues get resolved soon. I hate to be without it! I get very evil from internet withdrawals!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Anna C

LOL Anna. Me too! thats why Dh set up his tiny laptop before he left for work, I was so MAD at the computer I needed to check my bloodpressure that's how mad I was/am. I need to find my reading glasses to see the tiny type on the screen.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

ss denise the world is full of stupid and rude peoples,hope the rest of the trip was awesome and cannot wait to see the pics

poor mandi big hug

jojo that was 2 funny

cheryl happy the baby is home!

anna/cheryl/katy/jeannie/ ali awesome layout

cathe love your bush it beautiful!

hi to terry and stacey

stacey hope your fil surgery go great!

dh start the house painting yesterday i will take pics the color is really pretty,we had a great weekend stay off the computer and enjoy familys plus we had lele birthday party sat a bush of 2 and 3yrd running around and my camera still not keeping a charger forgot to get new batteries so i did get some on my ipod,my garden looking great getting a new canopy i order it online from walmart it be here next month cannot believe this month is almost over got my secret sister a kinder book gift card for this month she love to read, i am thinking of gettin one also,will cbl and acu2h

Edited by tealbrand on 05-30-12 04:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

Denise so sorry your flight home was so troublesome. glad you are back safe and sound.

Mel we missed you, It is hard to stay off the computer isn't it?

Mandi, aren't kids funny? ....Leandra running when she thought you weren't looking? I guess it is off to school for her!

Kim get the dishes as long as Mark doesn't care.

I tried watching Hatfields and McCoys. I thought dh and I could watch something together. I couldn't take all the killing. I went to the basement and watched the taped "Bachelorette"

I'd better get busy. Have a nice day everyone.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Cathe, was Luke Bryant on the Bachelorette last night? I usually don't watch that show,but I do like Luke Bryant.

Mel, While I do get evil without internet, it is amazing how much I can get done when I stay off.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning ladies! Lot to cu on and I should have gone exercising...oh well. Four days off the computer, spending it all outside in the rain or sun, watched about 100 dogs run the tests and we had a lot of fun. Our little girl passed 1 but missed the other. did a fantastic job tho.

Mandi---what in tarnation is that baby waiting for? Holy cow!!
Denise--I'm so sorry about the plane trip. Flying is just not fun anymore. Packed in like sardines, no service or food, and people who need 2 seats but are jammed into 1. I hate it. I actually will push on the back of someone's seat just so they can't recline. I have limited space as is and they don't get to take mine. I spent a 6 hr flight next to my over sized dh & on the other side was a guy who just came off a fishing vessel in Alaska. He had his coat on and by the time the plane landed I was green and sick as h3ll! OMG...awful. I do hope the Alaska part was fantastic for you tho. Rude people suck and usually they don't care---it's the ME thing!
Cheryl--Maddie doing well? Love the 2 LO of your parents!
Mel--great new avi! How's it going?
Jody--you are working like crazy and making me tired!
Kim--I was born & raised Catholic and yet I do not see why the church is involved in divorce or annulments. Not their business. Don't mean to be rude at all but I just don't & never have understood that. Is it possible his wife already did a legal annulment?
Anna--I know there are other crackle products out there that work terrifically. I've used them on other projects. Let me know if 2 coats work with this. As we were watching the Hatfields & McCoys last night I thought about you and if the schools there taught this. DH & I couldn't remember if this was a true story or just legend. Awesome cast & acting and I am stunned that it was about a pig. Never knew that part...
Jeannie--would love to look at the house however that would be a 13 hr commute for DH. Don't think he'd like it much!!! Your new LOs are phenominal --- love the tippy toes one!
Katy--Hey you! Sounds like you had a great time with Jeannie. That's awesome!
Donna--yrs have taught me NOT to clean DH's "space" --the garage. First off it's a disaster and secondly he knows where everything is even tho they aren't put up. In 39 yrs of marriage, we have never parked a car in a garage!!
Stacey--I'm with you...when the 'puter or internet is down I scream.
Cathe--your pistachio dessert sounds yummy. Hope you had a great time.

That's all for me. Have a class at 2, meeting the tile guy at 4 and sometime in the middle I need to do some work.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Anna C

Morning Gals!!!

I was exhausted come last night. Watched about 20 minutes of Hatfield and McCoys and just had to surrender and go to bed.

Scruffy ended up with four kittens...I'll take a couple of pics and post them...also have some pics from the crazy w/e!!!

Had very intense thunderstorms this morning...so bad I wondered about Hannah's school because it is on top of a hill (actually think it's the highest spot) not counting the mountains.... then around 10:15 didn't I get a reverse 911 call saying the school had been hit by lightning....school building OK, kids fine, just the phone lines out...Fire Dept. at school giving it a good check... Now the sun is shining... I'm thankful the weather was beautiful this weekend and didn't hit while I had 7 tents sitting in a field!!!
Oh this place was hopping!!!! I had to clean the bath house every three hours... and Saturday night I was up there mopping floors and washing down showers and everything else at 1:00 in the morning....I'm not complainging.... just the only time I could get in there without someone waiting for me, or me waiting for someone...
Need to restock this week...next w/e is a Poker Run with the local ATV Club....
Everyone was well behaved for the most part....no problems...

Hey denise...you go girl!!! I would of re-acted the same way... Glad you had a wonderful trip otherwise...

Mandi...Bill's birthday was yesterday, Scruffy (our cat) gave him a present of 4 little ones!!! This too my Dear will end....next thing you know...you'll be throwing a birthday party!!!
When my son was about 4 he was sliding down a full length BIG park slide with his father...well I don't know how it happened..but somehow they fell off the front of it. One of those 15 foot slides...anyway...Andrew kept complainging about his foot and shin...I couldn't see anything and would give it a rub...tell him he was fine. The next day, he wouldn't let me get his sneakers on...said it hurt too much, so I put him in sandals...and he kept complaining...that night about 2 in the morning he got up and CRAWLED from his bedroom to mine...when I saw him crawling in his barefeet only then did I notice...his heel was dark purple/black....somehow when they fell he whacked it good. Took him to the docs. the next day, no fracture, but a bruised heel bone...the pedi said this injury was a bad one, would take forever to heal,so that whole summer...I had a four year old on my hip, a 2 1/2 and 1 year old in the stroller....glad those days are done! But I felt soo bad. No wonder his sneakers were tight and didn't fit,,,here I am banging them onto his foot and he's cryin...LORDY!!!
I'm just sayin...with kids ya never know... bet this is your lil ones way of "knowing" the baby is coming,,and wants some attention before he/she gets here....

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Afternoon ladies.

Jo..that would be fine, except she is 14, and has been known to make things up to get out of school and chores.

Terry -I wish I knew. I have a house full of company coming in June, this baby better hurry up. Lol I need to finish preparing my house for guests, and cant do it 10to months pregnant.

Today is what, May 29th..Ive been having small contractions here and there but nothing major. I have the urge to get up and do things but. Just standing to walk hurts. I went to put the dog on it's leash runner for a bit this morning in our back yard and just doing that I had to sit for a bit just to get myself able to come back in the house.

Idk. Maybe I am just over sensitive.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Mandi, I was thinkin the samething as JoJo.

I was just so disgusted with the rude folks all week and then to have it on the plane too in a crammed space I was done could not take any more. I actually leaned across the asile and told DH, "I don't think I can do this. I need off this plane." But I did do it and made it home. That was really the only bad part of the trip.

Jeannie, I loved the glaciers and iceb burgs. AWESOME. We saw black bears, eagles, porpoise, harbor seals/sea lions and about 15 to 20 humpback whales.

The mountains were totally awesome, waterfalls were everywhere. The water in the fjords was this enchanting green, smooth as glass and dotted with electric-blue ice burgs. The iceburgs were the size of the lifeboats! The quiet was a living entity and touched my soul. Our Captain took us right next to Dawes Glacier and then spun the ship ever so slowly in a 360 degree turn twice. We spent 6 hours in the Tracy-Endicott Arm and we were scheduled to spend only 2 hours there. What an incedible treat! The Endicott Arm and the Misty Fjords were my favorite parts of the trip. The cruise ship before us didn't have the right propulsion to make the trip in so they turned around. Our Captain came on the intercom and said in his Norwegian (he was actually Norwegian!), "The other ship could not make it but we can go in and do a 360 and kiss the glacier." Well it was so incedible! I am happy to have experienced it! They launched a powerboat and picked their way thru the iceburgs that were bigger than them and took the photographer to take photos of the ship turned sideways in the fjord and then get close-ups of the glacier. They were wonderful so I bought copies of each.

There is no way to really explain with words the feeling evoked by the majesty and beauty. You have to see it to believe it.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Tracy Arm - Ford's Terror Arm - Endicott Arm, Inside Passage, Alaska By Rockmom

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

awesome

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

Denise I agree with you. Seeing Alaska is such an awesome experience. I can't even put it into words.

Princess cruise ship did the same thing - turning 360 so everyone could see the glaciers.

Our lights just blinked. We hardly ever loose power....hmmmm maybe dh has powered up something.

JoJo I can't wait to see the kittens. I love kittens. I always had a cat until Doug married Charity. We still had Kitty then, and I asked Charity why Kitty never bothered her allergies. She said it was because Kitty never moved. LOL Kitty was old. When she died I didn't get another cat in respect for Charity. And of course now their son is allergic to cats too.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:

Breathtaking!! Wow!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Twinlets Mama

I'm back...wacky weather!!!!We're under a tornado watch and flash flood warnings till 11:00 tonight. OK off to fetch some pics....

oh by the way....excuse the towel scruffy is on...it's the birthing towel....she freaked when I tried to replace it... for the first two days she'll stay with her kits...when I catch her out of the basket I have her/them in I'll replace it.

Mama Kitty and four kittens By Jojo Noons

Group at Cabin 1 By Jojo Noons

RV site By Jojo Noons

Group of tenters in back field,,, Paddlers (canoe, kayak) By Jojo Noons

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Great pics from the weekend Jody!!

I am watching Hatfield and McCoys again tonight. I assume you know a Kentuckian find this very interesting since it is a part of our state history. I'll see you again tomorrow evening!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hello, all:

Jojo: Those kittens are so sweet! What a neat thing to get to see. I would love to go camping someday!

Denise: the pic is gorgeous. I would like to see Alaska someday, but the problem is that i really do not like to travel. It wears me out, and I come back feeling like i need a vacation from the vacation.

Terry: I don't think marriage and annulment are the churches business, either. I think that is why Mark took 23 years to get around to it. I know the marriage is over in God's eyes.

Mandi: I have never had a baby, so I don't know your pain and discomfort first hand. But I am glad you are going thru it now instead of 2 months from now. I was born Aug. 30, and my mom said that was the most miserable summer ever! And, in the winter, you have to worry about ice.

I am submitting part 1 of a 2-page spread. For some reason, I cannot upload the second page. It keeps saying "bad image." The second page is basically journaling about what's going on in the first page. And I used a doodle template with bright colors.

Hello Cheryl, Mel, and everyone else! Will get ACU on gallery love this pm.

Hope everyone has a great night!
Kim
grandma and the outcast hat By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 05-29-12 06:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Aawww...that's so sweet Jody!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Jo, it looks like you have great place there. TFS your photos!

Cheryl, we are watching the Hatfields and McCoys too. This show is so full of violence and killing! The location of the Hatfields is not too far from us actually. I have heard about this all my life but have never been to the actual location. The Hatfield side of the river has been restored (with homes and buildings)and is open for tours. The McCoy side probably is too, not sure.

Terry, oh yes, this is very true. There wasn't a lot of discussed in school about the Hatfields and McCoys when I was in school. I went to Joann's looking for some crackle paint, and of course, they don't carry any. If you can recommend a brand that really leaves obvious cracks that would be great.

Mandi, thinking of you, girl!

I'm afraid if I start listing names I will leave someone off so hello to the rest of the gang here!
Have a great day!

Edited by Anna C on 05-30-12 02:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

LOL actually; no ice here. I live in Florida. Lol and the heat now (With the exception of yesterday) its been in the 90s. I have my central air on 24/7 and keep my house at 65 just because I know how bad I suffer from the heat when not pregnant.

• jaspernonyx Said:
Hello, all:

Jojo: Those kittens are so sweet! What a neat thing to get to see. I would love to go camping someday!

Denise: the pic is gorgeous. I would like to see Alaska someday, but the problem is that i really do not like to travel. It wears me out, and I come back feeling like i need a vacation from the vacation.

Terry: I don't think marriage and annulment are the churches business, either. I think that is why Mark took 23 years to get around to it. I know the marriage is over in God's eyes.

Mandi: I have never had a baby, so I don't know your pain and discomfort first hand. But I am glad you are going thru it now instead of 2 months from now. I was born Aug. 30, and my mom said that was the most miserable summer ever! And, in the winter, you have to worry about ice.

I am submitting part 1 of a 2-page spread. For some reason, I cannot upload the second page. It keeps saying "bad image." The second page is basically journaling about what's going on in the first page. And I used a doodle template with bright colors.

Hello Cheryl, Mel, and everyone else! Will get ACU on gallery love this pm.

Hope everyone has a great night!
Kim
grandma and the outcast hat By Jaspernonyx

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Morning.

Anna, thanks.
Jo adorable kittens.

I am up..have been up since 1am. Couldnt get comfortable, tossed and turned and then my sciatica kicked in. The kids are all gone today so I am thinking about going in the livingroom..getting on the couch, popping up one of recliners and trying to go back to sleep for a few hours.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to SQ Mandi

Morning!!

Denise-sorry about your bad flight experience. Thats awful! I'd have gone all Brooklyn on that idiot. Like you said...if they asked I would have gladly given the seat up. But to be such a (trying to find a suitable clean word here) dope about it would have triggered my Italian temper. That photo is gorgeous! I have got to convine the hubby to go to Alaska

Jojo-those kitties are sooo cute! Looks like your business is booming-thats awesome!

I have no clue what the Hatfields and McCoys is lol

Mandi-I'm hope you're able to at least feel somewhat more comfortable today. I hear ya on the heat. I am not a fan of this hot, humid weather. I gotta trim down something though...my electric bill was $275 this month and we ain't even in the dead of summer yet! I know it'll go up more once school is done. With Patrick home and up all night *sighs* I too keep my air low...usually like 65-67. Hubby will put it up to 77 (kill me now) We have to find a happy medium lol

Hi hi to everyone else! I'm off to J's before work. Toodles!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Donna. During the summer I leave my air on 24/7 and my electric bill is only 140-160 a month. Its an 1800 sqft house. I was told thats actually pretty cheap around this area for a house this size in the summer. During the winter, its roughly 90. We only have to use heat for maybe 3 weeks and just at night. The electrician we had out to fix the box told us that leaving the central air on 24/7 is cheaper than turning it on and off because when its on all day it doesnt have to work hard to cool off the house. Since I started leaving it on, my electric dropped from 210 to 150-160.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

morning all
big storm this morning it pass now the sun is out and it sticky and wet,look like my cucumber greww over night,i recorded the Hatfields and McCoys i forgot to do it so i miss part1,this suppose to be a true story i also miss animal planet about the mermaid inwhich our goverment suppose to be keeping them secret like the aliens
dh went target practice for a clay showdown need to either get me a ipad so i can logon outside it gettin too pretty to stay inside,the house next door is almost ready just need some paint it still alots of traffic up and down the street big trucks so much noise

jojo cute kitten and congrats on all making all that summer money wow love the pics

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

donna see if your electric co has a plan we do and we get money back a gift card or money card
my bill use to be $300 or $400 something now it either $100 something and we leave our ac on period it has a timer that it come on when it need to cool the house and since we got a new roof with 2turbine it stay cold

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Donna, The Hatfields and McCoys is a battle between clans/families back in the 1880s that really took place. They almost caused a civil war between West Virginia and Kentucky.

I thought you all would find this interesting and also help you to understand how rural things still are in some places. On the front page of our paper today is a photo of a minister who died from a snake bite from a timber rattlesnake during his church service. He was a serpent handling minister and I guess he got a little to excited for the snake. They congregation did not immediately seek medical help...they transported him to a home and waited some time before they call for medical assistance. I guess the congregation was testing the power of prayer, not really sure why they delayed in getting him medical assistance. This is still a big thing in certain communities of WV. And the church is about a hour and half away from us.

I do not know what is like in the places where you all live. Do you all still have rural areas with lots of old stuff still going on?

Edited by Anna C on 05-30-12 05:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Mel, the History Channel will be showing all three shows tomorrow afternoon at some point. Parts 1 and 2 are to be shown before Part 3. I am not sure of the times though.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

I like history, but I couldn't watch Hatfield and McCoys....too much killing.

Anna, I'd say we don't have rural areas like you asked about, but I think strange things happen all over. Too bad about the preacher. I hate snakes!!!

Hi to all better get busy.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Mandi-My bill is usually like 120 during the winter...has been as high as $375 in the summer. Out house is 1888 sq ft, 2 story. We also have a pool and a hot tub...I think that is whats driving the rate up right now. Its a brand new house so it should be insulated decently. Maybe I'll call TECO. Your bill IS really cheap!

Anna-that sounds interesting. Maybe I'll tune in. Thats a shame about the preacher. Nothing rural where I live....I miss that. When I lived upstate it was pretty rural-lots of fantastic history. Especially in Milford PA where I worked. A very haunted, quaint lil town. The Milford Museum has the flag that Lincoln was wrapped in when he was shot. I think its his neice (don't ask how many times removed) who lives in Milford and is letting the museum display it. I used to love exploring the area...under the Chamber of Commerce is an old underground railroad-very spooky and cool. Awesome old cemeteries-have lots of great pics from those. The funeral parlor has on display a hearst from the 1800's. It was a black coach surrounded by windows and pulled by a horse. Beautiful. I'll have to dig up some old pics and post them

So...I went to J's for a pack of cards, ribbon and gems. I winded up spending over $100! They had ALL their stickers on sale for 50% off! Actually...most of their stuff was 50% off. I only paid $45 out of pocket though...had some gift cards

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

A California history lesson... there are 21 of these missions starting around San Francisco (Mission San Jose is only about 20 miles from here and the only one I have been to). They're all on or near the coast. They are a popular grammar schools history project, making replicas...in fact you can buy replica kits...like putting together a paper air plane.

From wikipedia
The Spanish missions in California comprise a series of religious and military outposts established by Spanish Catholics of the Franciscan Order between 1769 and 1823 to spread the Christian faith among the local Native Americans. The missions represented the first major effort by Europeans to colonize the Pacific Coast region, and gave Spain a valuable toehold in the frontier land. The settlers introduced European livestock, fruits, vegetables, cattle, horses and ranching into the California region; however, the Spanish occupation of California also brought with it serious negative consequences to the Native American populations with whom the missionaries came in contact. The government of Mexico shut down the missions in the 1830s. In the end, the mission had mixed results in its objective to convert, educate, and "civilize" the indigenous population and transforming the natives into Spanish colonial citizens. Today, the missions are among the state's oldest structures and the most-visited historic monuments.

GOOD MORNING

Edited by dollscrap on 05-30-12 07:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Morning Ladies!
Donna--Good shopping! You should catch the Hatfields & McCoys...great acting, terrific story, and it just pulls you in. There's a part Romeo & Juliet to it, the feud over the pig, who saved who in the civil war. It's awesome!
Jody--you had a great gathering there. Awesome way to start the business!
Mandi--ok...no fooling around now...it's time for the Castor oil like the way old grandmas used to do. (I say way old because I'm a grandma but not that ancient!!!)
Anna--we definitely have those "rural" people here as well. They live high in the Cascades in areas that usually don't even have a town. Big long beards, dazed eyes, etc. Scary! The crackle paint I used is a brand called Folkart. The make all kinds of acyrlic paints and should be either in M's or J's or even HL.

I need to cu on the challenges I entered and then get some work done! Have a great day!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, everyone:

Mandi: I am sorry about the heat!

I, too, have no idea about teh Hatfields and McCoys, especially the TV show.

Not much going on with me. Just working on stuff. I post 3 LOs from the book about my friend's child's first 5 years of life.

Will get ACU on the love very soon.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Kim
Welcome fall By Jaspernonyx

Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch By Jaspernonyx
Jay and Santa By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 05-30-12 07:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Terry, I have been told to stay away from casteroil by my doctor (all my past obs too) something about more of a chance of the baby swallowing meconium after a bowel movement and causing baby to be born with Aspiration pneumonia.

Donna...my house is only one floor and about 60 years old..No pool either lol well no unless you count the one we put up and take down lol

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

Since we live in a densely populated area here not too many "old ways" things going on but you might be surprised that there are still some, especially with attitude toward women and cooking. The large hispanic population still has some old traditions going. When I go back to Missouri I can tell a huge difference in the sophistication levels.

I haven't watched the Hatfields and McCoys, maybe I'll catch it tomorrow.

Mandi, this baby is making up for all the early ones before!

Jeannie, San Antonio has a Missions trail too. You all have heard of the Alamo but there are also four others: Mission San Jose, Mission Concepcion, Mission San Juan, and Mission Espada.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

DOO

Yellowstone By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

just sharing a cool shot of the moon

moon shot By Rockmom

Enlarge it to see some of the moon's features.

Do you suppose this was the eclipse? I don't even know what day it was on or if it was viewable from the NW. Anyone know?

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

Good afternoon everyone,
my computer has decided it going to play nice today.

I spent an hour this morning at the scout store getting paperwork, patches & new shirt for Nicholas. THen the rest of the day at school helping tie dying shirts. My hands are a mess but its worth it to see those sweet little faces with their colourful shirts.

I did a page today..I think its a record for me..under 30mins. Its for the ugly paper swap challenge. Where did this month go!
The Walk to the aquarium By Carbphrek

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to carbphrek

Mandi dear friend--I really was just spoofing you! I would never ever suggest seriously that someone take that god forsaken old wives tale about castor oil and really truly do it. I cringe that there's people out there that would try it!!!! icccckkkkk......

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Abby0317

Yea... just the look of that stuff makes me sick. Lol

I have a small favor of you ladies. I just found out that a close friend of my family, who is like a big brother to me, had a severe asthma attack last night, so bad he is now in intensive care, and on life support. He is 37, and has 4 kids. Its not looking good, they are trying to find his father, and the mothers of his kids and telling family to come to the hospital. I will not be able to visit him because he is in NY. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts/prayers. He needs all he can get!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to SQ Mandi

Mandi of course I will pray for him.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:

Good afternoon everyone,
my computer has decided it going to play nice today.

I spent an hour this morning at the scout store getting paperwork, patches & new shirt for Nicholas. THen the rest of the day at school helping tie dying shirts. My hands are a mess but its worth it to see those sweet little faces with their colourful shirts.

I did a page today..I think its a record for me..under 30mins. Its for the ugly paper swap challenge. Where did this month go!
The Walk to the aquarium By Carbphrek

Stacey you should enter this in the Spring Splurge contest on here. You have to put Circle Challenge in the title and link one product to sb.com even if you didn't purchase it from them.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Mandi: I will pray for him, too.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Sure thing, Mandi.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

Thanks Cathe for suggestion.. didn't even know that was going on. I did do the simple work of adding Circle Challenge & some product.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to carbphrek

Mandi..keeping your friend in my thoughts. Very sad to hear.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to carbphrek

Of course, Mandi

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to dollscrap

I am scrapping the first 5 years of the life of a friend's child. I have 2 pictures of him riding a bike w/training wheels. I "lifted" the title--"wheely happy"--now, darn it, I didn't mark where I saw it, so I can't give credit!

Edited by jaspernonyx on 05-30-12 05:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Mandi - I will be praying for him and his family.

ACU2H

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

oh.... here's the rest of my layouts I did at my sister's...

brrrr! By Scrapkaty
and...
sweetness By Scrapkaty

Smile By Scrapkaty

they've all gone quackers! By Scrapkaty

lovely By Scrapkaty

and finally...

that dress By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

Mandi, I will definitely keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers...

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Scrapkaty

Me too Mandi...what a tragic thing!

Tomorrow is round 2 with the hernia operation for DH! I'll be out til afternoon and then lots to say. Is everyone moving over to June tomorrow? I'll look for y'all somewhere!

Don't get "flamed" either!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

acu2h

Off to start the June thread.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Here is the link to June. If you see any errors in the first post, please let me know. I had a terrible time trying to get the June challenge up. It took several attempts. Thanks.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15770...

Edited by Anna C on 05-31-12 01:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Anna C

Morning Everyone!

Mandi...keeping your friend and family in my prayers!!!

Doesn't seem possible...JUNE! holy moly....

Thank you Donna for hosting May
Thank you Anna for hosting June!!!

Terry, best wishes to DH with his surgery!!!
Denise...how did your DH make out on his stress test?
Mel,sweet Mel...Hello...
Thanks for the lovin for mama scruff n kittens!
Already Thurs...another busy w/e headed my way...(I'm giggling on the inside, panicking on the outside) Just a short week and I'm behind on things....I'll get it done!
Need to get my vine plants in the garden today too...Seems late, doesn't it!! But up here in North Country...I kept looking for them 2 weeks ago and I was told they'd be in Memorial Day w/e...Finally got my tomatoes and peppers in the garden...
I also need to take pics of the inside of the cabins to post on my new website.... it is up and running, but still has a couple glitches to work out. I'm pleased with it...now to perfect it! LOL!!! Have to run to the post office too...had two different campers lose items...which I found...one was a wallet, the other a necklace... luckily the items were found and we figured out who the rightful owners were...

Well it looks like I'm just going to have to MAKE TIME TO SCRAP.... having serious withdrawls...
Still trying to figure out a schedule...silly me....but I'll figure it out!

OK wonder women...dawn your capes and have a super Thursday!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

cold and rainy here in Illinois. We need the rain so I won't complain. Guess I won't be walking today.

JoJo...so did someone take the wallet and necklace?

Have a great day everyone.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hello, everyone:

Terry: I, too, hope DH's surgery went well.
Mandi: prayers for your friend and hugs for you!
Cathe: it's chilly and rainy here too.

I had a scare with my camera. For some reason, the memory stick would not come out (I don't know if I jammed it, or what). Since there is a Best Buy literally in our back yard, I went there and asked a guy from the Geek Squad for help. He took care of it lickety-split, and didn't charge anything, even though I did not get the camera at best buy!

I have the neatest thing to share: last month, my mom gave me the travel case that was my great-grandma's. It has her initials on the front. Talk about real vintage! I guess these things were all the rage for ladies back in the day. Well, my mom was born in 1949, and grandma had used the case for as long as she remembers. It's mine now, and I do use it! It's the best: roomy and pretty much indestructable. I love it! I will use this case for the rest of my life.

Kim
Great grandma's traveling case. By Jaspernonyx
Tray for the travel case By Jaspernonyx
Look at all that room! By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 05-31-12 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Kim, nice you have your g grandmother's travel beauty case. Enjoy! ...and you are right those things are sturdy!

Jo, DH has to go in for a echo and a cath. I bet your plants will thrive in the North country. you really should not neglect yourself and you scrapping or you will get burned out with you new business and resent it. Take a little time for yourself.

See ya over in June!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to rockmom

happy girl *Circle Challenge* By Twinlets Mama

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

• jaspernonyx Said:
Hello, everyone:

Terry: I, too, hope DH's surgery went well.
Mandi: prayers for your friend and hugs for you!
Cathe: it's chilly and rainy here too.

I had a scare with my camera. For some reason, the memory stick would not come out (I don't know if I jammed it, or what). Since there is a Best Buy literally in our back yard, I went there and asked a guy from the Geek Squad for help. He took care of it lickety-split, and didn't charge anything, even though I did not get the camera at best buy!

I have the neatest thing to share: last month, my mom gave me the travel case that was my great-grandma's. It has her initials on the front. Talk about real vintage! I guess these things were all the rage for ladies back in the day. Well, my mom was born in 1949, and grandma had used the case for as long as she remembers. It's mine now, and I do use it! It's the best: roomy and pretty much indestructable. I love it! I will use this case for the rest of my life.

Kim
Great grandma's traveling case. By Jaspernonyx
Tray for the travel case By Jaspernonyx
Look at all that room! By Jaspernonyx

I had one, I wish I still had it. I was born in 1948 I could be your mom! lol

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-31-12 12:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Terry been thinking of you and your dh all day off and on. Hope things went well.

Donna thanks for hosting May.
Anna thanks for taking over for June.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Over to June....

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

June already??? I'm not done catching up to May!

Don't anyone post anything til I'm ACU! lol

Mandi-I have your friend in my prayers. Please keep us posted

See ya'll in June!

Page 10 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics