Page 3 of 10 
Username Post: MAY - New Layouts        (Topic#1574347)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off:

Sock Monkey By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

OOO Donna. Our first night in our new house in Texas we saw one of those spiders and that was the same experience DH had. 'Cus I won't get near enough to a spider to step on it. DH trained DS to be my spider slayer at the age of 3. LOL I'll take care od scorpions and snakes but not spiders.

Had an allergric reaction about 5 minutes after eating out last night. I was finished eating but the rest of our party were not. I started coughing - thought it was just seasonal-type allergy causing it or someone's perfume so I went outised to wait for them. No, the inside of my forearms started itching then my face, head and then my shoulders and the outside of my arms, until I was itching from head to toe and coughing continuosly and then a large bruise appeared on my wrist, and I started truning red, and swelling up and my throat felt tight. DH and DD rushed me home and I took 2 benedryl. I slowly started subsiding. My throat never fully closed off to the point I couldn't breathe but that was NO fun. Today I am rsapy-voiced but the itching is almost gone and the swelling is gone. I has this same reacton after easting Cajun food one time. Its got to be a preservative or some spice. I have so many allergies its pitiful. Artificial colors and preservatives are the worst culprits and I try not to eat things I've never tried before because of it -well last night I tried new things at a new restaurant. Just doesn't pay to try new stuff.

I ate Santa Fe Rolls with a spicy sauce, Avacado Rolls no sauce, one Mozzarella stick no sauce, one chip with salsa, and one slice of white pizza (Cheese, chicken, alfredo sauce, garlic). I had water to drink. I am going to find out what the ingredients are in each of those and see if I can determine what it was.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off and sorry the layout was turned crooked when I took the pic:

What? It's my turn! By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here one for another challenge:

Sparkling Moments By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

For another challenge:

Having a Good Time By Cdjohnson

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to dollscrap

Hello ladies how are you. I am doing ok I am at work glad the headaches have stopped.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

Another challenge:

Summer Fun By Cdjohnson

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

A Scrapaholic's Confession

Author: K Haynes

Bless me, Scrap Fairy, for I have sinned, I know that's hard to believe; But it's not my fault, I'm a victim, you see, Of a sickness, a curse, a disease...

They say that confession is good for the soul, But I'm not convinced that that's true. So I'll tell you my faults and shortcomings, And I'll leave the decision to you.

That scrapbooking thing has got me for sure; I start with the best of intentions! Just let me check the CK website-- Oh look! A list of conventions!

Snacking is good to help with my scrappin' Though I tend to overindulge. Cakes and cookies and chocolates galore! My bulges are starting to bulge!

Oh my! How I buy the things I don't need Eyelets and ribbons and vellums. If anyone asks, "I've had it for years!" At least, that's what I tell 'em!

A scrap room? What's that? Stuff's all over the house I suffer from *CHAOS,* you know, No one comes, no one visits, except UPS He's my very best friend, that Joe!

Buy now! It's on sale! They won't have it again! The gadgets, the papers, the glues Look at the money that I can save! How can I possibly lose???

Organization is an area where I am certainly lacking I need help with that, others say But how can I do it? I've got things to do! How can I waste a whole day?

So here I sit amongst all of my clutter Housekeeping's a thing of the past Dusting and vacuuming and tidying up What's the point??? It just doesn't last!

I have too many ideas and not enough time They say that denial is rough I have it...I know it....can't find it.... Oh well....I'll just buy some more stuff.

I know that they pay me to do a good job But this 8 to 5 job gets so stressful I need a vacation...I need to relax... And then I will be more successful!

I spend time at work doing scrapbooking things I search for a phrase or a verse The perfect layout is all that I need My addiction is more like a curse!

I tell my husband that if I should die The best thing for him to do Is to have a garage or a fire sale And be sure to include all of Y-O-U!

I guess I'm a sinner, so give me my penance And hurry! Send me on my way! I've a 40% coupon right here in my purse Oh my gosh....it expires today!

happy scrapbook day girlfriends

Edited by tealbrand on 05-05-12 11:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tealbrand

Denise I am so sorry about the allergic reaction i hope you figure out what it is.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

Mel - That was cute and all too true!! Thanks for sharing.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Mel thanks that really brightened up my day

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to babigirl

Ken's Letter To Santa

Dear Santa,
I understand that one of my colleagues has petitioned you for changes in her contract, specifically asking for anatomical and career changes. In addition, it is my understanding that disparaging remarks were made about me, my ability to please, and my some of my fashion choices. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of some of issues concerning Ms. Barbie, and some of my own needs and desires.

First of all, I along with several other colleagues feel Barbie DOES NOT deserve preferential treatment - the b*tch has everything. I, along with Joe, Jem, Raggedy Ann & Andy, DO NOT have a dreamhouse, corvette, evening gowns, and in some cases, the ability to changes our hair style. I personally have only 3 outfits which I am forced to mix and match at great length. My decision to accessorize my outfits with an earring was my decision and reflects my lifestyle choice.

I too would like a change in career. Have you ever considered "Decorator Ken", "Beauty Salon Ken", or "Out of work Actor Ken" ? In addition, there are several other avenues which could be considered such as: "S & M Ken" "Green Lantern Ken" "Chippendale Ken" ... "Master Ken" These would more accurately reflect my desires and perhaps open up new markets.

And as for Barbie needing bendable arms so she can "push me away," I need bendable knees so I can kick the b*tch to the curb. Bendable knees would also be helpful for me in other situations - we've talked about this issue before.

In closing, I would like to point out that any further concessions to the blonde bimbo from hell will result in action be taken by myself and others. And Barbie can forget about having G.I.Joe - he's mine.

Real sincerely,
Ken

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

I will catch up soon on the chat...but can I vent??
I did the layout for the 2-4 misting challenge..I never mist but there I was turning my fingers blue and trying to do my 2nd layout of the day in less than 2 hours....finished it in time and started uploading at 2:52...waiting waiting and finally got it loaded and then the forum was closed..I couldn't post it....felt like a door slammed in my face. I would never have spent all that time on this stupid layout but for that challenge..what a waste of time.
vent over

Here it is btw...someone has to look at it lol
One Fine (laundry) Day (NSBD misting challenge) By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Here is my submission for the Sketch Challenge:

TWILIGHT - Night at the MOVIES By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

This is probably my last one for the night. My brain is tired!!

Find Joy Every Day By Cdjohnson

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Happy National Scrapbook Day!

OOO Donna. Our first night in our new house in Texas we saw one of those spiders and that was the same experience DH had. 'Cus I won't get near enough to a spider to step on it. DH trained DS to be my spider slayer at the age of 3. LOL I'll take care od scorpions and snakes but not spiders.

Had an allergric reaction about 5 minutes after eating out last night. I was finished eating but the rest of our party were not. I started coughing - thought it was just seasonal-type allergy causing it or someone's perfume so I went outised to wait for them. No, the inside of my forearms started itching then my face, head and then my shoulders and the outside of my arms, until I was itching from head to toe and coughing continuosly and then a large bruise appeared on my wrist, and I started truning red, and swelling up and my throat felt tight. DH and DD rushed me home and I took 2 benedryl. I slowly started subsiding. My throat never fully closed off to the point I couldn't breathe but that was NO fun. Today I am rsapy-voiced but the itching is almost gone and the swelling is gone. I has this same reacton after easting Cajun food one time. Its got to be a preservative or some spice. I have so many allergies its pitiful. Artificial colors and preservatives are the worst culprits and I try not to eat things I've never tried before because of it -well last night I tried new things at a new restaurant. Just doesn't pay to try new stuff.

I ate Santa Fe Rolls with a spicy sauce, Avacado Rolls no sauce, one Mozzarella stick no sauce, one chip with salsa, and one slice of white pizza (Cheese, chicken, alfredo sauce, garlic). I had water to drink. I am going to find out what the ingredients are in each of those and see if I can determine what it was.

That's terrifying! glad that you're alright!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Twinlets Mama

Sorry about the last line of my vent..I read it now and it sounds so childish...but it was a vent...and the layout is fine so it isn't a waste of time.

Roni died her hair red again and so I am trying to get pics of it to scrap.

Poor Denise I am so glad your allergic reaction wasn't any worse and that it's getting better.

Oh Dh just asked me to go out to dinner...so I will continue here tomorrow if not tonight.

Hope you all had a great NSBD...the layouts I see here are awesome and I will be back to leave love.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Here's my vent: I told dh this morning that it was NSBD and I had to scrap. He looked at me like I had lost my mind and proceed to tell me to get his drill so we could finish wiring...and so that is where I spent the day!

Jeannie--that's awful. I knew today would be bad for uploading with all the challenges. It is a gorgeous LO!

Mel--Poor Ken! Barbie must really be bad for him to turn to GI Joe!!! Hysterical stuff!

Denise--do you have a shell fish allergy? Sounds kind of like what used to happen to my mom. Whatever it is I hope you figure it out cuz you don't need to go thru that again!

Cheryl--your mojo is going to town on the fast train! Great LOs!!! I'll cu with yours tomorrow!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Super Moon at 7:55 pm from Galveston's East End By Rockmom

Sunset May 5, 2012 Galveston By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 05-05-12 08:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to rockmom

Grow! By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

darling angel By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

discover By Twinlets Mama

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Stunning photos Deninse! We couldn't see it due to clouds. I presume that is with the new awesome camera?

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

Morning.

We got back home late last night from Nico's karate tournament. He made a mistake on his kata and got so mad at himself that he shut down. Oh well.

Friday, on the way to the tournament we stop at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the May the Fourth Be With You activities. The park was not too bad with people, we thought it was going to be shoulder to shoulder. The feel like temp was 103deg but its been worse.

The boys picked out a R2D2 Mickey hat.

May the 4th be with you By Carbphrek
The 5th Strikes Back By Carbphrek
Maybe today I will get some scrapping in and dh can do the laundry. Though I still haven't found a couple of shirts & a pair of shorts from the last time he put away clothes.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to carbphrek

Good morning!

Hope those that participated here with NSD had a great time. Lots of great creations have been posted. No scrappy time for me.

Thanks for the confession, Mel. Loved it! And for the other laugh too.

Have a great day ladies!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! First time I had ever been off from work on NSD. I had a blast and got 7 layouts done which is a record in a day for me. Usually 4-5 if I scrap all day. I loved having all the sketches and challenges. Not sure what today holds in store for me yet, guess I will play it by ear.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SQ Mandi

I'm all caught up on the love...gonna eat some breakfast and then catch up on the chat.

Good Sunday Morning!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off:

Families are forever By Cdjohnson

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

denise did you find out what made you sick [[]]how are you feeling!hate we miss the moon we went to bed early dh even wipe the dust off his telescopes dang

terry i miss out on the scrap party too even cc was given away goodies

jeannie i be venting also but this is a large community and some people come here just for the contest the layout is beautiful

ali you and cheryl are on a roll,2 awesome love all the layouts

stacey ss ds made a mistake and havin your dh do laundry is 2 funny

hi to katy/babygirl/cathe/donna
anyone has tim spring ink pads just notice them on evilbay

my dh feel really bad about my ribs that he made a deal for my plants will take a pic
bbl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to tealbrand

NO, not yet Mel. ...and it not too late, get the scopes out tonight, the moon will still be large just not quite large as last night. Try to see it come up over the horizon, that is when it looks the largest. Look to the SE for it somewhere around 7:40 not sure exact time. Look it up on google.

I feel better today than yesterday. I felt all beat up. A systemic reaction like that is hard on the body. At least I only had bleeding in one joint and not all of them.

DH has a stress test on Wednesday, I am all worried. Last time he had one it was bad, he ended up in the hospital for 30 days and our trip is in less than two weeks. I wish he had scheduled it for after the trip but the VA works on their own time scale. Gonna go get him some new walking shoes for the test and the trip.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

thank denise will try to see it tonight
and i pray that dh is okay and can make the trip
dh made this to keep the birds out need a net for
the bugs,

side view By Tealbrand

front view By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 05-06-12 10:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Dropping off two cards:

Hey Cupcake! By Cdjohnson

Hello Sunshine By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Christmas By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

What happened here???

I was ACU yesterday afternoon! lol

DOO...will BBL to get caught up again

Heres my take on this months sketch

Oven Mitts By DittoBabyGirl

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*S to Jeannie for winning April's 2 pic challenge!!!!!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't been around today or yesterday really. I did two layouts and I was pooped. Ended up falling asleep at 6pm. I am so tired the last few days. MIL invited us over for dinner so I am here, sitting on the couch working on my laptop. Tomorrow we have them and two of Leandra's friends coming over for cake. (Tomorrow is Leandra's 14th birthday). DH wanted to go out out Thursday (Our 9 year anniversary)but with the way I am feeling we will probably stay home if we are not in the hospital having baby. He said he would make home made Chinese food for us and we could rent a movie to watch or what ever. I am thinking that is probably better.

I am gonna hop off here and get ready to go home. I will try and be back later- if I do not fall asleep.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Just got back from celebrating Priscilla's 17th birthday at Olive Garden. We waited until the church crowds all cleared out to go and eat when it would be nice and quiet. I will probably try to do some more challenges before the night is over.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi to all

We went to my nephew's wedding in downtown Chicago yesterday It was beautiful. The bride designs bridal gown in NYC. She has started her own company!

So I missed most of national scrapbooking day. I got one LO entered and signed in. Guess I didn't win anything.

Jeannie did I see somewhere where you had trouble uploading in the alotted time? I think there should be a link on the home page. It is very confusing and time consuming. It sucks that you got one done and wasn't entered for the prizes.

Denise I'm sure glad you are ok. Do you carry a fast acting shot? I forget what they are called. Hope dh passes his stress test.

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to scrappin 2

Okay... well, I suppose I should say something in here! LOL I've browsed the entire thread and left love on *I think* just about everything - skipped some of the ones which were photos though.

So, I'm new around here but would love to join in with you all! Already met one or two of you and am still learning my way around. I'm getting back in to scrapping (or trying to) after 3, almost 4 years hiatus!

Just a little about me - I'm 32 years old, happily married for 10 years to the love of my life Bill. He historically works nights and is in transition back to that from working days for a while, and is going to start nursing school this summer!

We live in TX, just outside of Waco, and homeschool our 5 kiddos including the big boys who are 13, almost 9 (this month), and 7. Then our twins - another boy and my only baby girl - will be 2 years old in September.

Besides scrapping, I am learning to sew and crochet (slowly), enjoy reading, and am active at church and with the boys' scouting. I can't wait to get to know you all and I hope to have some pages to post soon! Thinking about posting the ones from my most recent session (again, it was fall of 2009 LOL) because I just found them yesterday and need to get them in albums. LOL I might post at least a few!

Need to get up from here for a bit, but I will check back in! Nice to meet you all!!

TwinMomma - point me to that using your scraps thing you mentioned? I accepted your friend thingy and then the PM disappeared and I can't find it. LOL Thanks!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

happy birthday to dd she is 2 cute

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

had 3 friends win the nsd one was my secret sister how sweet is that

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to scrappitydee

welcome this is a fun and good place to hang and talk or vent,we do layout or card and most of all we are here for each other

tealbrand aka mel
sahm 3ds and 2dd and the love of my LIFE 3gk 1dgs and 2dgd,i have 1 dd still in school she 16 she a surprise baby ,me and my dh been married 19yrd in july it be my birthday and anniversary not on the same day

Edited by tealbrand on 05-06-12 03:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Welcome Scrappitydee!!! Just jump right on in and join the fun. I am Cheryl, live in Kentucky with my husband and daughter (17). My son (21) lives with his girlfriend and has 3 children Maddie (3), Brayden (20 months) and Ryan (15 months). YES, boys are 5 months apart and have different mothers. LONG story!! I am a registered nurse and work at a local hospital.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a card for a challenge:

Add Challenge Card By Cdjohnson

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

cathe my avatar is dh and dd

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to tealbrand

cheryl - loving the layouts & cards. Great job on getting so much done.

shatema - hope you're better, kopfschmerzen runs in this family - migraines down to the litle guys.

Hi cathe, jody, ali, ashley

Yay jeannie on winning the 2 pic challenge, I can never vote for meself.

mel - my lss had the new timmy inks, gone in 2 days. Also hanging strips of metal / tin-foil wards off birds. Anything shimmery works, about 3" wide and 2 feet long.

donna - where did you eat, so i can avoid.

oh denise, hugs to your dh and staying above-line.

mandi - on a couch! that's where you should be at the end of your pregnancy. I can't believe your labours are getting longer with each pregnancy. girl that is nuts. You should be getting shorter with larger babies.

Hi scrappitydee - welcome to the chatty side. i'M stacey sahm to 2 boys 8 and 6 going on 7 in 2 weeks. my avatar is my boys at the pinewood derby where ds2 won 3rd place.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:
Morning.

We got back home late last night from Nico's karate tournament. He made a mistake on his kata and got so mad at himself that he shut down. Oh well.

Friday, on the way to the tournament we stop at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the May the Fourth Be With You activities. The park was not too bad with people, we thought it was going to be shoulder to shoulder. The feel like temp was 103deg but its been worse.

The boys picked out a R2D2 Mickey hat.

May the 4th be with you By Carbphrek
The 5th Strikes Back By Carbphrek
Maybe today I will get some scrapping in and dh can do the laundry. Though I still haven't found a couple of shirts & a pair of shorts from the last time he put away clothes.

LOL that's so funny!! that's why i insist on doing the laundry in our house...that, and my husband doesn't fold clothes the right way

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't been around today or yesterday really. I did two layouts and I was pooped. Ended up falling asleep at 6pm. I am so tired the last few days. MIL invited us over for dinner so I am here, sitting on the couch working on my laptop. Tomorrow we have them and two of Leandra's friends coming over for cake. (Tomorrow is Leandra's 14th birthday). DH wanted to go out out Thursday (Our 9 year anniversary)but with the way I am feeling we will probably stay home if we are not in the hospital having baby. He said he would make home made Chinese food for us and we could rent a movie to watch or what ever. I am thinking that is probably better.

I am gonna hop off here and get ready to go home. I will try and be back later- if I do not fall asleep.

Hang in there Mandi. We're all rooting for you and baby! Hopefully it isn't too much longer (*fingers crossed*)

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• scrappitydee Said:
Okay... well, I suppose I should say something in here! LOL I've browsed the entire thread and left love on *I think* just about everything - skipped some of the ones which were photos though.

So, I'm new around here but would love to join in with you all! Already met one or two of you and am still learning my way around. I'm getting back in to scrapping (or trying to) after 3, almost 4 years hiatus!

Just a little about me - I'm 32 years old, happily married for 10 years to the love of my life Bill. He historically works nights and is in transition back to that from working days for a while, and is going to start nursing school this summer!

We live in TX, just outside of Waco, and homeschool our 5 kiddos including the big boys who are 13, almost 9 (this month), and 7. Then our twins - another boy and my only baby girl - will be 2 years old in September.

Besides scrapping, I am learning to sew and crochet (slowly), enjoy reading, and am active at church and with the boys' scouting. I can't wait to get to know you all and I hope to have some pages to post soon! Thinking about posting the ones from my most recent session (again, it was fall of 2009 LOL) because I just found them yesterday and need to get them in albums. LOL I might post at least a few!

Need to get up from here for a bit, but I will check back in! Nice to meet you all!!

TwinMomma - point me to that using your scraps thing you mentioned? I accepted your friend thingy and then the PM disappeared and I can't find it. LOL Thanks!

Hey!! I'm so glad you checked us out! Welcome!! These really are a fabulous group of ladies I'll send you the link when I'm able to get back to the computer...right now I'm using my iPhone

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Another challenge:

Summer Fun By Cdjohnson

Cheryl--I'd love to see a tutorial on how you made those mums...they're amazing and I want to try it!! (if that's ok!!)

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Here is the link to the mum tutorial I used:

http://scrappycanuck.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/flower-tu...

I hope you enjoy making them!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

This is a card I have been wanting to try for a while now. It is so versatile it could be used for get well, Mother's day, birthday, thinking of you:

Flowerpot Card By Cdjohnson

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks for the welcomes, ladies! In and out here tonight, not sure I'll get any scrap fun done after all. :/ Hubby has been working on our van for 4 days straight and is just about DONE, so I am going to cook him up a nice dinner for after his shower.

He needs to run to the c-store for cigs (icky!!), so maybe he'll be done in time to make it to the dollar store so I can get me some double-sided tape and then... watch out!!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hello Ladies!!!!

Thank you soo much for the kind comments on our cabin...Next weekend the season of camping begins....I'll probably be busy this week tweeking everything. This weekend was busy, people bringing in new seasonal campers, the regulars coming in to clean up their sites....

Cheryl...way to go!!! Holy moly!!! I can't believe how much you have been knocking out the LO's and cards!!! They are beautiful!!!

Jeannie...congrats on your win!!!

Mel...you crack me up!! Loving your little diddies!!!

Donna,,, how's your Imagine??? I haven't bought anything like that...YET!!!

I didn't have any time for NSD this year...I've always enjoyed the different challenges in past years...missed not participating...

Terry...do you much more to fo on your renovation??

Anna...were you able to finish up yours???

Mandi...How are you??? Been thinking of you! Take it easy!!!

Hi Ali, Denise, Shatema, Stacey, Cathe, Katy, Ashley

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

OK, sis,....I did it! I did your challenge!!
here it is..

It's Just us now By Scrapkaty

I scrapped a photo of dh and I.
I used papers from my most recent scrapbook kit.
I used a sketch from page 10 (not 9) from my sketch book... I do believe there might have been more requirements in the challenge....was there?
I forget..
I used bling...and flowers....and journaled... hope that counts!
I have to go play catch up and I'll be back later

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Here is the link to the mum tutorial I used:

http://scrappycanuck.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/flower-tu...

I hope you enjoy making them!

thank you!!!

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee

So,are we only allowed to post NEW pages here, or would you ladies like to see the results of my month long scrapathon from 2009? Think I'll go snap pictures and then upload them to my gallery. I just found them yesterday and need to get them into albums, but enjoyed seeing them. Some of my best work, and something to live up to as I get back to scrapping! Plus I need to figure out the whole uploading to the gallery thing.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Hey ladies!

How on earth did the day go so fast???

I promise I'll get caught up in the morning!

Welcome welcome Scrappitydee! Feel free to jump right in. We post, we chit chat, we vent-its a great board =)

I'm Donna (or 'Donner' as my friends call me) I'm from New York but now live in Florida. Will be married 24 years this October. I have a 22 year old son, Chris-he lives in Las Vegas with his girlfriend (they are now talking about moving back to Florida) and a 17 yeard old son Patrick. I also collect cats...currently have 3. Krujo, Sweetie and Ditto. I work full time as a supervisor for an insurance company. I love my job but hate working full time lol

So did another layout today (I don't have to get up early tomorrow so I just finished this)

The Best Gift of All By DittoBabyGirl

These I just HAD to share (hubby's gonna kill me lol) My husband just got himself an Ipad. I get home from work the other night and ask if he used it and how he likes it. This is what he shows me LOL

Priceless By DittoBabyGirl

Priceless By DittoBabyGirl

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

They don't have to be new...just what you feel like sharing. We don't have a limit on how many you can post in a day...we just like to keep each post to be like no more than say 5. Share away!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Morning!
It's Leandra's birthday today- please send me NON labor vibes as I have been still having contractions late last night to now. LOL

Jeannie- congrats on the win!

Donna- omg- I am lmbo at the pics!!

Jo- I am hanging on.. trying not to fall off lol

Cheryl- I LOVE that Mother's day flower pot card you made!

Ali- thanks!

Stacey- On a couch is where I have been 99.999 percent of my time! LOL

Welcome Scrappitydee- I am Mandi. Mommy to 5, with baby # 6 due in 19 days!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Good Morning!!!!

Welcome sprapitidee!!! I didn't get that right...did I...Hmmmm...I apologize, I'll get it right, from here on out...

I'm Jody, happily married, 6 kids, 2 nd marriage, just moved from Mass. to NH, four hours away from friends and family, my Husband Wild Bill and I bought a Campground which also has six year round rentable cabins....New Life Adventure!!!!!!!!!! So you'll here me fussing over unpacking and pruning and getting ready for the new camping season which starts next weekend. I have three DGS who are my world....Aidan 4, Joey 1 and 3/4 (LOL) and Reese 1... just babies and I miss them SOOOO!!!!

OK....wheres Mandi...she's usually first in here other than Donna....

I haveblueberry pancakes!!!! Anyone hungry???? Coffee's on too...help yourself!

Funny story....... I may have told you gals...we have beavers who are expanding their pond... well they are making a mess throughout a 4 acre parcel of land. We are trying to find a solution to the problem... so it requires Hubby keeping a close watch on them and frequently checking "Their Spot". Well saturday...Hubby pushed some dirt into one end of the pond and burned some brush... hoping it would push them back, so they don't take over....(there is water running into some campsites because they have dammed up a portion of their pond and making "escape" channels...which now make the water run where it shouldn't.......ANYWAY....
Sunday morning... real early, because Wild Bill couldn't sleep.... He decided to check on the beaver....took the truck and went up to the backside of the campers field and walked into the woods to check the busy beavers....wanted to see what they did overnight. Wild Bill of course was in his PJ's and slippers......(he, should know better...) ANYWAY>>>> he walks several yards into the woods to their dam...near it...and all of a sudden.... a bear jumps through the air...and runs by Wild Bill into real thick brush! Hubby is in the thicket, can't go behind him...the pond, can't go to the left too thick small pine, can't go to the right...all swamp...and he's in his slippers. So he's jumping from clump to clump of swampy grass to get to a tree...in his PJ's and slippers..... It's about 6:30 in the morning...The closet camper...Rod and Paula's...is empty...Bill saw and talked to them as they were leaving to go to breakfast... So Bill grabs a big stick and starts banging it on the tree to make noise so the bear will know where he is... then he starts yelling for our friend Mike...in another camper... at 6:30, in his PJ's and slippers, yelling like a little schoolgirl to Mike's camper which is about a football field away....Finally after 20 minutes...Mike just happened to come out of his camper and heard Bill. He only heard muffled noises...but could tell something was wrong...so he went back into the camper...armed himself and started towards the woods making noise...then he heard Bill yelling for help....Long story short...with all the noise the two made, the bear ran off and Bill was rescued, PJ's slippers and all..... Honestly...can you guys grasp...what I'm dealin with???? LOL!!! Billy knows better...he's an advid outdoorsman and knows animals and their "habits".... but he is SO OBSESSED with the beaver problem....OIY!!!!!!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

Good morning Mandi!!!! PHEW!!! You had me wonderin....thinking...NON LABOR VIBES!!!!!!!

You must of posted when I was writing my novel....LOL!!!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

LOL Jo.. Nope, I am still here.

Dealing with today- I can't believe I am the mom of a 14 year old, and 2, 10 years ago today, my grandfather passed away. Mom went to his apartment to check on him, we usually saw him every morning. She found him "asleep" in his bed. One of the saddest things to have a close family member pass away on your child's birthday

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

jo happy he okay,bet that will not happen again

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to SQ Mandi

happy birthday dd
ss for your lost,all my dgp on both my mom and dad side is gone,my kids never met them

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

i spill my coffee priceless

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Scrapkaty

beautiful katy

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

stacey thank for the tip i do that today
got 5 hour of sleep why do pain happen at night while you trying to sleep,ribs still sore my lele going home today she be 2 on the 16 of this month,still trying to finish my bling deal for kels deal
denise how is dh is today his dr visit and how are you doing
terry are you and dh finish with your repairs
anna how is your deal going cannot wait for pics
babygirl love your new avatar you are 2 cute
cathe love your new avatar also i might change mine too see if i can get a good pic,i got a email from kodak that they sold out to another big photo site i think i will buy me a differents camera,acu2h on love will cbl

happy monday ladies

Edited by tealbrand on 05-07-12 05:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to tealbrand

HI to all!
Mel, DH's appt. is on Wednesday.
Congrats Jeannie!
Jo, your DH story is hilarious!
Mandi, Happy Birthday to Leandea and hugs to you.
Welcome Scrapitydee!
Gonna watch Nikon School DVD again and scrap.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to rockmom

Thanks ladies.

I was planning on napping, but decided work was a better option. Sitting on the couch right now getting some work done.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to SQ Mandi

my blings challenge

bling challenge* By Tealbrand

blings2 challenge* By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 05-07-12 06:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to tealbrand

Whew! ACU...for awhile at least!

Donna: those photos are hysterical! Isn't it fun to watch grown men turn into silly boys?
Denise: how you feeling? Hope DH's stress test goes ok. They couldn't stop the vac could they?
Jeannie: congrats on the win!!! Well deserved!
(DH did get me the Kindle Fire but he won't let me have it til Mother's Day!!!)
Katy: great job on the challenge from Jeannie! Love the photo of you two!
Mel: The remodel is going a slow as a turtle! He did get all the wiring done so there's lights now, walls are painted but the 2 big jobs are left to do. Tiling & putting in the cabinets, toilet & mirror. Lucky we have a 2nd bath or I'd be fit to be tied!
Anna: how are you? Is your kitchen done?
JoJo: funny story--poor guy ... can't imagine what went thru his mind when the bear popped out! He has my sympathies on the beaver problem--they are destructive critters!
Cheryl: terrific lo's & cards! Love the flower pot one and those mums---have to do one soon!
Mandi: NO NO NO on baby today. Leandra needs to have her own birthday! And send her many happy birthdays as well!

Good morning Cathe, Ali, Ashley, Stacey, Shatema and Scrappitydee...hope I got everyone!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

DOO

THE SCOUT By Rockmom

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Good morning.
I wasn't here yesterday because I was playing Angry Birds whenever I got the chance between trying to finish this layout and going out to enjoy the day and doing some housework and watching baseball..suddenly the day was gone.

Welcome Scrappitydee (Dee?) I'm Jeannie and I'm retired (32 years with the phone company..lol..no one calls AT&T that anymore but I was there when it was the only game in town)..as of April 3 I am officially elderly. My two dds 22 and 26 are still here so does that make me a SAHM....married for 26 years. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. One dd is a year away from getting her Masters in Psychology and the other works at a cookie and cupcake bakery and she brings me goodies. They are my favorite scrapping subjects. My sister is on this forum too, Scrapkaty.

Mel that letter from Ken had me laughing..gotta show it dh.
Also that shelter your dh built for your plants is so cool.

Jojo..the beaver and bear story is sooo funny. Are you afraid of bears??? I probably won't be visiting now..lol.

Cheryl...gosh you've been busy...you've done some great cards and layouts.

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone. Stacey there was a time when I first started challenges that if I didn't vote for myself I got no votes..lol.

Oh Mandi..I hope these next couple weeks go by fast and painlessly. Happy Anniversary...dinner in and a movie sounds good.

Katy I think you got it all in the challenge..is your mojo back now??..wanna come and scrap with me soon?? miss you.

Yeah Anna is the kitchen all done now.

Denise hope you dh will be fine. fingers crossed.

Terry..so jealous...I have wanted (and desperately needed) bath remodels for FIVE years and dh keeps putting me off. Let's see pics when you're done.

Love to everyone else.

Here is a layout I did for the Swirlydoos Round Robin...I entered it here too in the Heritage challenge.
Dh told me I still look like that. I remember that jacket so well..it was satin and had really pretty embroidery on it. It was reversible and the inside was black and white with something embroidered on the back. My dad brought it back from Korea.
Mommy By Dollscrap

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

Thanks Jeannie!!

As of today we only have 19 days left!! Natalia was 16 days early- so we are kinda hoping this one comes a little early! LOL

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to dollscrap

Hello and happy Monday everyone!

Love the bear story - and I am so jealous of your new life adventure! Me toooooooooo, one of these days. Yes, bears and beavers and all! Only we'll be in east TX - mark my word!!!

Mandi - congrats on #6!! I saw that you were due any day (I did read mostly the whole thread as I went through for gallery stuff LOL) but didn't realize there were more large family moms here! SO fun!

And, sorry if I forget anyone! Keeping up with more than one conversation like this isn't my forte, but I'll learn. LOL

Oh, and my name is DaLynn - pronounced (day-lynn), but Dee is fine! I noticed people don't have signatures or anything. It will take me a while to learn everyone's names! Forgive me!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

DaLynn, my name is in my signature - Denise. We live in the Houston area and have three grown kids and 2 granddaughters.

Here's another "Buffalo Bill" Cody LO. tried to make it sorta poster-like.
Sorry its so fuzzy...

Buffalo Bill's Wild West By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 05-07-12 12:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Hello! Came in to work this morning and did my normal routine and attempted to log in here as I finished up my coffee. Well, they have finally blocked this site at work, along with just about every site that I visit. Really a bummer!!! I tried to access the site from my phone, but that was a pain in the rear. So I am running way behind and have lots to catch up on.

Welcome scappitydee. I am Anna C. Happily married for 31 years this year and mother to one.

Denise, hope everything is ok with your dh and that you all don’t have to miss the trip.

Jo, almost everything is completed in the kitchen. Have a few small things to do and hope get them done this week. Next is the living room. Just gonna paint it after we remove the wallpaper. Not gonna start it for another week or so.

Cheryl, hope your dd had a wonderful birthday.

Jeannie, congrats on the win!

Mandi, Happy Birthday to Lendra! Hope you are doing well.

Donna, those photos of your dh were so funny!

Hello to Terry, Cathe and Stacey and anybody that I may have missed. So sorry if I did. I gotta figure out a way to access this site from work. I hate behind on here every day!

I am finally acu2h and do have some layouts and a card to share once I get caught up everywhere else. Have a great evening ladies!

Edited by Anna C on 05-07-12 12:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
DaLynn, my name is in my signature - Denise. We live in the Houston area and have three grown kids and 2 granddaughters.

Nice to meet you! I don't see your siggy... which probably means I need to go turn ON signatures somewhere. That'd help. ROFL Thanks!

ETA: Yep! Found it! YAY, thank you!

Edited by scrappitydee on 05-07-12 12:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

• scrappitydee Said:
  • rockmom Said:

Nice to meet you! I don't see your siggy... which probably means I need to go turn ON signatures somewhere. That'd help. ROFL Thanks!

ETA: Yep! Found it! YAY, thank you!

LOL good deal!

Oh, BTW, I homeschooled two of our kiddos. What fun! My DD is homeschooling her DD, she will be teaching her first grade soon.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

DO......

Halloween Card By Anna C

A Mother's Heart By Anna C

A Lovely Easter By Anna C

Independence Day By Anna C

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

DOO2:

Freda By Abby0317

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
cathe my avatar is dh and dd

Well I'm glad you cleared that up!! I thought you looked pretty young to be a Grandma!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

I had a lot to catch up on!

Welcome DaLynn. Believe it or not I know a D'lynn.
I'm Cathe, married to Rum (his nickname part of our last name) We have a son Doug age 4, 2married to Charity they have a girl, Nev age 12 and a boy Van six next week. Our daughter is named Casey, age 33 married to Sonny a firefighter/paramedic their daughter is Rayn age 7 and little boy Kian age 2 1/2 I'm a retired teacher. I keep a notebook of name to help me learn everyone. I am fairly new here.

I can't stay as I need to make supper. BUT...JOJO you have BEARS????? YIKES!!!

Perhaps I'll bbl.

DWTS tonight!!!

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-07-12 03:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

i forgot to post a funnie for today it dinner time and a movie

It’s dark in here

A married woman is having an affair. Whenever her lover comes over, she puts her nine year old son in the closet.

One day the woman hears a car in the driveway and puts her lover in the closet, as well. Inside the closet, the little boy says, “It’s dark in here, isn’t it?”

“Yes it is,” the man replies.

“You wanna buy a baseball?” the little boy asks.

“No thanks,” the man replies.

“I think you do want to buy a baseball,” the little extortionist continues.

“OK. How much?” the man replies after considering the position he is in.

“Twenty-five dollars,” the little boy replies.

“TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS?!” the man repeats incredulously, but complies to protect his hidden position.

The following week, the lover is visiting the woman again when she hears a car in the driveway and, again, places her lover in the closet with her little boy.

“It’s dark in here, isn’t it?” the boy starts off.

“Yes it is,” replies the man.

“Wanna buy a baseball glove?” the little boy asks.

“OK. How much?” the hiding lover responds, acknowledging his disadvantage.

“Fifty dollars,” the boy replies and the transaction is completed.

The next weekend, the little boy’s father says “Hey, son. Go get your ball and glove and we’ll play some catch.”

“I can’t. I sold them,” replies the little boy.

“How much did you get for them?” asks the father, expecting to hear the profit in terms of lizards and candy.

“Seventy-five dollars,” the little boy says.

“SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS?! That’s thievery! I’m taking you to the church right now. You must confess your sin and ask for forgiveness,” the father explains as he hauls the child away.

At the church, the little boy goes into the confessional, draws the curtain, sits down, and says “It’s dark in here, isn’t it?”

“Don’t you start that ******** in here,” the priest says!

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee

Hello Cathe, nice to meet you!

I have uploaded some old layouts to my gallery, and am going to work on figuring out how to post a few of my favorites in here.

Our dinner is in the oven - roast! Going to make mac and cheese, and fry up some zucchini to go with it. YUM!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

LOL, that's bad Mel, bad!

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee

Okay, we'll see if this works! These are from my last scrap session, in the fall of 2009. I picked my faves to load here, but I loaded quite a few more in the gallery. TFL!

DREW This is my favorite one!

Beef in the Heart of Texas The title STILL cracks me up!

Mr. Bill Not to be confused with my hubby Bill. I converted this page from an 8.5x11 to a 12x12 layout!

Chubby Wub I impressed myself with the embossed flower.

You Make Me Happy When I found these yesterday and went through them to show hubby, he took the time to read the journaling on this one. He'd seen it before, but it was obvious that it touched him again. Fun!!

Edited by scrappitydee on 05-07-12 04:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Oh Mel! What are we going to do with you??? Love it!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

I can't believe the score that Maria (DTWS) got tonight! I loved her dance, much better than Melissa and Katherine. Double elimination should be interesting tomorrow night. And the threesome thing is very interesting!

Edited by Anna C on 05-07-12 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

ACU2H . . . worked today and not very chatty.

Jo - Hilarious story about Wild Bill!! I can just see him trying to make noises so the bear could hear him.

Mel - Glad the baby is waiting for its own birthday and not having to share it with his/her birthday.

Hi to everyone else!!

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to cdjohnson

HAHA I've only been here for 4 or 5 days (my join date not withstanding...) and have already moved up to "resident" status. Guess y'all are stuck with me now!

Gnight now!

Edited by scrappitydee on 05-07-12 09:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning!

Have a great day ladies!

See you tonight!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I got another excused absence today so I will be cleaning and scrapping. I'll be back later.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to cdjohnson

Morning.

Hubby brought home some books for me to read since the 4 he brought home a week ago, I've already gone through. This time he brought home The Hunger Games, and 3 others I cant remember the names of

I have a little work to do today. 2 hours worth which normally I can get done in an hour.

I am gonna go drink my coffee and get started. I will be back in a bit.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Morning ladies!

I was caught up on the lovin as of yesterday morning-but ya'll are so busy!

Anna-glad to see you scrappin again Hows the kitchen? All done? Pictures?

Denise-hope you are feeling better and you find out what gave you that reaction. Good luck to DH on his stress test. When I took mine the doc made me do the medicine one instead of getting on the treadmill. OMG that was scary! As soon as they put the medicine in your heart goes from like 0-60. Was an awful feeling and I got sick to my stomach afterwards. The good news was my heart was just fine

Glad your headaches stopped Shatema! I get migraines every month when TOM is over

Jeannie-that bites about missing the challenge. I love this site but they definitely have server issues on a good day-I can't imagine how it was Saturday. To answer your question about my "Best gift of all" lo. Yes-the swirls are stitched...but the paper came that way. Its a DCWV stitched Christmas stack

How you holding up Mandi? Just a lil bit longer!

Stacey-that was Denise that got sick...not me

Jojo-that bear story cracked me up! Oh-and I LOVE my Imagine!!! I can use my regular carts and my Gypsy with it too. It cuts like butter...much better than my Expression. They have that Cricut Craft Room which is a web based program like Design Studio which gives you so much more flexibility. I have 10 carts...with 6 more on the way. I think I'll be set for awhile lol

Hi hi to everyone else!

Gotta get going-been sitting her 30 minutes just trying to catch up on chit chat lol

Have a great day!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Good Morning!!!

Another rainy day...oh well, laundry is always hanging around...LOL!!!! LITERALLY! I walked into my DD's room and it looked like her bureaus exploded!!! Must of been looking for that one.... peticular... shirt this morning!!!!!

Denise...my Mom gets shellfish poisoning..and gets the very same symptoms...have you ever reacted to shellfish that way before??? So glad you have a good level head and knew just what to do and felt better once you took something...YIKES! I'd be panicking... Hope all is well with DH's stress test...esp. with the cruise not too far away!!!

Mel...where do you find this funny stuff???? LOVIN THE LAUGHS!!!!

Anna....sounds like things are coming along nicely and you have everything under control... I can hear the excitement is surmounting as your renovation comes to fruition...GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Terry... sounds like your renovation is going very well too!!! Esp. with DH cracking the whip!! LOL (NO NSD FOR YOU!) Hope everything goes smoothly and the results knock your socks off!!!

Hey Queen Jean... Congrats on the wins my-lady!!!! Boy, oh boy...you are on a roll!!!

Katy...loved your LO you did for Jeannie's challenge, very nice pic of you and your DH!!!!

Cathe...yes, we do have bears...dang things...I sent them an eviction notice...but they must of been hibernating or something and didn't get the memo...
All kidding aside...the bears are really my own fear when it comes to Hannah and Ebby especially... But Wild Bill has her so educated and trained (wrong word), that she isn't afraid...she thinks I'm a baby... I was just telling her with this experience of her father's.... (I had to say this firmly, at first she wasn't taking it seriously) BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AT ALL TIMES!!!! Look around, listen, pay attention to Ebby's reaction to things...I think all she heard at first was Blah, blah, blah... Of course I think being 13 had alot to do with it....(attitude)But I got serious...let her knew I wasn't going to take HER jabbing and I meant business... Told her that it was my one and only fear...

Oh Mandi...did you put your order into DH for a strawberry trifle???? hehehehe!!!

OK gals...Hi to all!!! I have a "meeting" in an hour and need to get ready...I'll be back!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Birthday Wishes By Cdjohnson

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cdjohnson

good morning, all! Happy Tuesday

jci and doo