Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: May BUDGET CHALLENGE - PLAY ALONG IF YOU DARE!!        (Topic#1574375)
Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Welcome to the May BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of May that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, wishlist or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Vivian:
Budget: $150 - 97 = $53 - $30 = $23 - $55 = ($32)
Wish: Online Beginner Photography Class ($97), more face stamps, xyron refills
Twist: Nothing Cricut related cause I still have Cartridge I need to use

Pat:
Budget: $50 - $6.75 = $43.25 - $54 = ($11)
Wish ... I can't think of a single thing that I want right now.
Twist ... No cricut cartridges.

Tammy:
Budget: $100 - $70 = $30
WISH: new SU In Colour Markers
TWIST: no stamps

Courtney:
Budget: $100 - $15 - $21 - $24 = $40 - $34 - $50 = ($44)
Wishlist: New Authentique papers, martha stewart punches, spring distress inks
Twist: NO flowers, No Bling,

Sonja:
Budget: $100 - $18 = $82 - 50 = $32 - 12.50 = $19.50 - $5 = $14.50 - $33 - $44 = (62.50)
Wishlist: Gelatos or Faber-Castel Watercolor pencils, Bella Blvd 'Baby Boy' and 'We're Expecting' Collection, Prima Primers flowers, Deja Views 'Saturdays' collection, All About Boys Cricut Cart, Prima 3 for $10 Flowers, Sun Kiss notecards, Distress 'Aged Mohagony' or 'Victorian Lace' ink pad, TH Spring Stamp, Authentique Loyal Line
Twist: No other Cricut cartridges, no other inks or mists, NO other flowers!!

Alissa:
BUDGET: $50 - $30 = $20 - ?? = (busted)
WISH LIST: Prima 6x6 papers and stamps, some Pink Paislee, ya' know, Spellbinders
TWIST: brads, lace, ribbon, and everything else

Melissa:
Budget: $50 - $10 = $40
Wish list: Red album for a Disney trip, label stickers, page protectors for project life, crop fees,BasicGrey - Wander Collection - 12 x 12 Collection Pack.
Twist: 6x6 paper pads

Tina:
Budget: $75 - $12 = $63 - 32 = $31 - $14 = $18
Wishlist: TH spring inks and whatever else tickle my fancy:)
Twist: No paper packs, brads or ribbon.

Stacy:
Budget: $100 - $17 = $83 - 17 = $66 - $36 - $30
Wishlist - October Afternoon 5&dime, Echo Park HelloSummer, Studio Calico new Mister Huey colours, SC Graphs & Bubbles masks, MyMindsEye Indie line...have I reached a 100 yet. oh a darn 1" square punch, I get to the store and can't force myself to spend the $10 for a dang punch then I get home and kick myself for not buying it.

twist - no THICKERS! arghh

Shayla:
Budget $10
Wish:
Twist: I need to use at least 1/4 of my new orders and paper I haven't even opened before going to any scrapbooking store!

Katie:
Budget: $30 - $10 = $20 - 12 = $8
Twist: nothing not on sale.
Wish: anything but adhesive.

Cheri:
Budget: $20
Wish: Do need anything
Twist: NO NO Cricut stuff

Edited by Vivian Lake on 05-29-12 02:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Vivian Lake

I'm in again.

Budget ... $50 just because I'm sure there will be SOMETHING that I absolutely have to have but don't know it yet.
Wish ... I can't think of a single thing that I want right now.
Twist ... No cricut cartridges.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

My budget will be: $100
WISH: new SU In Colour Markers
TWIST: no stamps

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I am definitely going to play, but not sure what my budget is going to be yet

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Thanks again for hosting, Vivian!

No stamps, Tammy?! HOW will you do that?!

Oh, by the way, I'm in too!
Budget: $100 (I'm sure I'll find something at the Expo I can't live w/o)
Wishlist: Gelatos or Faber-Castel Watercolor pencils, Bella Blvd 'Baby Boy' and 'We're Expecting' Collection, Prima Primers flowers, Deja Views 'Saturdays' collection, All About Boys Cricut Cart, Prima 3 for $10 Flowers, Sun Kiss notecards, Distress 'Aged Mohagony' or 'Victorian Lace' ink pad
Twist: No other Cricut cartridges, no other inks or mists, NO other flowers!!

I'll think more on my wishlist... I just raided my wishlist on here, but know I've got something I do need...

Edited by SonjaC on 04-30-12 09:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I don't know Sonja - I just don't know but I am sure gonna try!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL you can doo it Tammy!Just think, it is less stuff to pack LOL

OK so my budget is going to be $100
Wishlist: New Authentique papers, martha stewart punches, spring distress inks
Twist: NO flowers, No Bling,

Im going to try and be really good this month because June is our first expo....and I CAN'T WAIT!! July is going to be bad for me too because its our CK Convention LOL..at least those classes were paid for last month!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I'm here but I need to think on it. Thanks for hosting, Vivian!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to runzalot81

Kelly from scraputante is trying to kill my budget!! oh wait its still april LOL..she has 30% off today ughhh!!! LOL

I can resist I can resist

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

I am excited to learn more about photography. I have been following improvephotography on FB for some time now. They have released a class for beginners and I have watched the free segment. I am hooked and really hope to learn more SO I put it into my budget and am going to go for it! The great thing about it I can learn on my own time

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

I would like to play if that is ok
My budget is $50
Wish list: Red album for a Disney trip, label stickers, page protectors for project life, crop fees,BasicGrey - Wander Collection - 12 x 12 Collection Pack.
Twist: 6x6 paper pads
Can I add more to my wish list later after I do some more research?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to northernmemories

Hey there Melissa!! welcome!! I believe you definitely can add to your wish list within the first week..

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

Thanks Courtney.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Welcome, Melissa!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Oooooohhhh. Spring distress inks. Yes. Those would be a very good thing to have.

And the reinkers too, right?

Oh drat. I just STARTED and I'm fixing to bust it.

Stupid budget.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL Pat...well technically it is still april LOL

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Yeah - it's not even MAY yet and I'm already considering busting my budget. How sick IS that exactly? I mean SERIOUSLY!

I have an illness. I really do. I need supportive therapy and a 12-step program.

Actually, I need a two step program. Close the billfold. Walk away. See. Two steps.

What is WRONG with me?????

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome Melissa!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

lol it seems like there is absolutely nothing wrong with you Pat LOL

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

Pat I am trying really hard not to buy new items also. My budget should be $0!!! So $50 seems like a lot to me at the moment because I really shouldnt be spending it at all lol I really should just shop my stash

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

thanks for all the welcomes

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

I'm definitely joining in, I just gotta figure out my budget and lists... will post soon.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Crafty Nautolan

Same thing that's wrong with me, Pat. I got a ridiculous amount of stuff from HC last week. I'm expecting a package from another new team I joined (announcing on Thursday) and I still have a long list of stuff I want

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Yeah - right? My STASH which is all over the top of my desk, in my scraproom drawers and cabinets, in boxes in my closet, in my totes....

I have so much stash my stash has stash.

I do not need to spend any money - but GADS...the spring distress inks are ...

Well, I don't HAVE them. Yet.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I want those inks too Pat. Darn TH anyway:):):)
I went overboard last month, but I did participate in the 20/20 challenge and completed it.
I will set my budget at $75.
Wishlist: TH spring inks and whatever else tickle my fancy:)
Twist: No paper packs, brads or ribbon.
I need to use some of these up.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

ok this will be interesting...

My budget $100

Wishlist - October Afternoon 5&dime, Echo Park HelloSummer, Studio Calico new Mister Huey colours, SC Graphs & Bubbles masks, MyMindsEye Indie line...have I reached a 100 yet. oh a darn 1" square punch, I get to the store and can't force myself to spend the $10 for a dang punch then I get home and kick myself for not buying it.

twist - no THICKERS! arghh

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Hey ladies, I'm in again! thanks Vivian for hosting. also, Sonja thanks for hosting you've been great!

My budget is 10$ because I don't need anything at all, but just in case I have $10 left from the original 20$ I was going to spend this month.

Twist: I need to use at least 1/4 of my new orders and paper I haven't even opened before going to any scrapbooking store!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to ShaylaCreations

good idea Shayla!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL well Melissa, technically we probably could all shop from our stashes....I would love if we could all get together and purge our stashes LOL How fun would that be?

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Welcome Melissa and Stacy!!

Edited by Vivian Lake on 05-01-12 11:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
LOL well Melissa, technically we probably could all shop from our stashes....I would love if we could all get together and purge our stashes LOL How fun would that be?

Ok - so let's all pack up and drive to a neutral location and switch it all out!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

umm technically it is still the 1st - can I change my twist to ummm no dies - cause that is the danger for me right now!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

• ShaylaCreations Said:
Hey ladies, I'm in again! thanks Vivian for hosting. also, Sonja thanks for hosting you've been great!

My budget is 10$ because I don't need anything at all, but just in case I have $10 left from the original 20$ I was going to spend this month.

I don't think I would ever be able to shop again... I have so many collections that I HAD to have and haven't had time to use them yet.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

• Vivian Lake Said:

Ok - so let's all pack up and drive to a neutral location and switch it all out!!

LOL Like that idea, like new found money.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to carbphrek

Hey - funny how life imitates virtual reality.

We were just talking about this at my LSS crop last weekend. And the more we talked, the more we decided that we really DID need to make something happen with all our excesses.

Upshot - I'm hosting a scrap-c*r*a*p-swap-and-bb q at my house in June. The admission is a pot luck and a box of scrap items you want to swap out.

Anything left over will be taken to the local preschool or elder day care.

It should be a fun evening.

Doesn't help YOU ladies out, but at least it might give you some inspiration to see if there are others in your own necks of the assorted woods and fields in the same boat.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Hey - funny how life imitates virtual reality.

We were just talking about this at my LSS crop last weekend. And the more we talked, the more we decided that we really DID need to make something happen with all our excesses.

Upshot - I'm hosting a scrap-c*r*a*p-swap-and-bb q at my house in June. The admission is a pot luck and a box of scrap items you want to swap out.

Anything left over will be taken to the local preschool or elder day care.

It should be a fun evening.

Doesn't help YOU ladies out, but at least it might give you some inspiration to see if there are others in your own necks of the assorted woods and fields in the same boat.

great idear there!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Crafty Nautolan

Pat - my cropping group that meet up one sunday a month - about 12-15 of us - have a "dump" table. We bring in books, magazines, papers, stickers, yarn, crafty items and whatever else you want to get rid of. The lss that we meet at, takes the leftovers and donates it to the local children's medical center & mcdonald house.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to carbphrek

That's a great plan. A REALLY great plan.

I'm not sure where our local McDonald house is, but I'm positive we HAVE one - I mean, Oklahoma City, duh.

I'll check into this. That's a really WONDERFUL idea!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

I just hosted a scrap retreat and we had a garage sale table and then the lss (45 minutes away) had a sale and I made enough to get a new album for our last trip at spring break although he wont let me print any pictures till another album gets done.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

oh I just took a break from typing to finish dinner and I had an idea.... How about a swap inside a challenge but only if it is ok with Vivian. I will start a box of things that need a good home and I will send it to another person in the group who would like to participate. They shop my stash and for every item they take they replace it with something from their stash and send it along to the next person. The box at the end gets sent back to me and I will donate it to the local women's shelter. We can get some new get rid of some old and not break our budgets! What do you think?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome Melissa, Nicole and Stacey - I can see you are all going to be GREAT additions to our little group!

Oooo Spring TH stamps... those were on sale the other day at Flowers 2 Flourishes... I resisted, but only because I'm flat broke till Friday. Vivian, can you add those to my Wishlist for this month?? Might pick 'em up at the Expo if the price is right...

And Courtney... !!! I just got an email from Scraputante that Kelly is extending that 30% off sale with free shipping thru Friday!!! I may bust before the first week is over!

Pat!!! You are cracking me up! Stash has a stash... *snort* hilarious!

Riiiight Shayla... way to make us all look like gluttons! I hope you can stick to your $10 budget, you overachiever you! LOL!

What a GREAT idea for a scrap swap! And such a great cause! I know my crop group that meets at M's once a month has a garage sale table that we can 'shop' and trade in. I've missed the last two, but I know I have plenty of things that need a good new home!

And Melissa, I think the swap inside a challenge idea is currently called the Ugly Paper Challenge on here!! At least that's what I use it for! LOL! I'm a firm believer in the 'One person's trash is another's treasure' philosophy so if everyone's game, I'm sure we could come up with something like that! Great idea! Ooo there you go, call it the Trash to Treasure Challenge!

I am currently going through my stash prepping for my all-day crop on Saturday as well as NSD. I can't wait!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I am in trouble - the sneak peak for the new catalogue for SU went up today for demos (we don't actually get to see the new catalogue online until next week) but oh oh....

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I think it's a great idea - if we can all follow through with it.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I like it too, but shipping costs could be a problem.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to tinadn

When it comes to shipping we would use a flat rate box so everyone who gets it pays the same no more no less
and if I remember correctly Swaps dont count in our budget....

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

I will be the first to admit that I am awful about getting to the post office! Its not the expense its the act of actually getting there that's the problem lol. So I definitely won't participate in the swap but I think its a neat idea

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I can't
a) because we don't have such things as flat rate boxes
b) our postal system really bites compared to yours
c) I am moving from Canada to England in 3 weeks so maybe a little too far (even though their postal system is way better than ours)

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Melissa,

What a great idea! But for me personally, I'm probably not going to go thru with it. My sister already "hosts" a challenge on FB where we post things we want to swap out. It kind of ran itself which was so nice. We were all excited in the beginning but it has kind of fizzled for now.

Feel free to start a challenge of your own, but I'd rather not keep up with two challenges within one.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

The swap sounds like a great idea but I can't commit right now.

Still thinking about my budget...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

quiet around here today..hope no one is shopping LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Technically no, but I was browsing Scraputante earlier... I really like the Authentique Loyal collection... really cute boy papers! Have to wait until Friday, but I'll probably take advantage of that 30% off deal...

Can I add the Authentique Loyal line to my wishlist too, Vivian??? LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

LMAO!! I have that line Sonja and it is GORGEOUS!!! she also got some new Authentique in glory and uhhh i forget LOL....they arent entered in the store yet....

Im headed over to her place sunday again hope she still has some deals LOL!!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Sonja is keeping me busy with her wish list!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Courtney, SHOOSH!!!

Who, ME, Vivian?!

That's it, I swear. Maybe I should add no 'other' papers to my twist though...

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to SonjaC

Lmao!! Sonja one thing I love about this is no matter how bad I busted last month this month is a new month and I will pretend to be a controlled scrap shopper all I want I am trying to impress our new memebers don't ruin it for me lol, no but seriously I really hope I can stick to my budget because I have so much and so little time to scrap.. plus if idon't use it now, i may not ever.. I always want the latest scrap collections and the old become shelf candy.

lol Tina so true!

Mellissa that is a good idea, I usually do it with the ladies at the crops. when i do get to go, but right now I am in denial that I have plans for my scrappy stash haha.. probably in a few months it will hit me again.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I'm still thinking

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Nope, Shayla, I'm callin' your bluff here! But I do hope you're able to not bust same as me! I'm going to really (really) try not to shop too much at the Expo on Saturday. There is NOTHING I really need save for good storage space! Love your 'shelf candy' term! I was going through old papers I had and realized... hey, I've got some cute stuff in here... when did I get that?!

Having said that, I have a cart-full of goodies at Scraputante... Courtney, is the AprilShowers coupon not good anymore??? I tried to use it and it said invalid!! Help!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I get to share some news today!

I'm going to be the video coordinator for Scrap That! A kit club.
Can't wait to get my package!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

Congrats Alissa. sounds interesting

M's has a 25%off coupon for today including sale items. I might go in and see if they have that square punch. The Mike's around here are stinky so not too worried on spending money. I've been in 3 different Mike's in the last 6 weeks and have spent ZERO.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to carbphrek

wow Alissa - that sounds very cool! will be lurking over at the site!

Stacey- isn't it wierd how some people find amazing stuff at Ms and some nothing. We have 3 Ms here and they are all different! Of course the closest one - is the worst one!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

That's awesome news Alissa! Congrats!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Woohoo Alissa!! That's waaaay cool!!!

Heading to the PO today to mail my uglies out and will probably drop by M's to see if there's anything I can't live w/o... I really need bling for this Spring Splurge Challenge sb.com is doing! Anyone else see that??? I'm ALLL over that Tiffany's g/c so you guys don't need to enter this week!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

Awesome Alissa!!!

"shelf candy" = new quote!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Spent $18 at M's today! Don't know if it all counts, but I got two of those photo storage boxes cuz they were only $2 each! Also got a few blingy words out of the $1 bin, a clearance Bead Landing item and a clearance EK punch for $8. I did get a floral bouquet, but it's for decorating the crystal vase in my guest bathroom so that doesn't count! That 25% off was a good coupon, though it didn't count towards my clearance items...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

WAHOOEY congrats Alissa, you are on fire lately!!

I may or may not have played hookie today....and I may or may not have gone to Kellys to scrap LOL....but I DID NOT spend any money...LOL and I didnt forget my trimmer this time!!

I did however go to J's and buy a back up trimmer because I always have brain cramps when it comes to that thing..I had a 50% off coupon so it was only $15.00. I also went to AC Moore and spent $21 on 3 packages of tim holtz embossing folders...they were 40% off each..even the new bubble wrap and honeycomb one...then I went to M's and only spent $24 but a large part of that was for my rotating carousel for my scrappy desk...I got a large roll of burlap and some adhesive backed canvas which seemed like fun....

Off to a business association board meeting...i will possibly have a much needed nap LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

And Sonja I did see that challenge...that G/C is MINE!! lol although $200 is nothing at tiffany LOL it would still be awesome..I would be happy with the $50 g/c to sb.com LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

And Sonja I did see that challenge...that G/C is MINE!! lol although $200 is nothing at tiffany LOL it would still be awesome..I would be happy with the $50 g/c to sb.com LOL

Dream ON woman, I already called it! LOL

And what's this may or may not business??? Way to be vague! lol! I'm so impressed you didn't spend any $$$ at Kelly's... I might just give you a gold star for the day!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Oh and I may or may not have walked over to Office Depot and got a $10 zippered 3-ring binder to store my acrylic stamps in... rather than paying $35 for a TH one! I haveta count that, don't I?

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to SonjaC

Hello ladies! I'm going to try and be more active this month. I was thinking about my budget and was going to go with $20. I walked into Tuesday Morning, and they had 5 $10 Cosmo Cricket scrapbooking kits! I got Salt Air, Social Club, Upycle, Clementine, and Dear Mr. Claus. So, I'm busted, or I'm going to have to redo the budget and wishlist. Ideas ladies and leader?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

lol did you actually communicate your budget yet?

And I may or may not have understood that in one sentence Courtney didn't spend money (at Kelly's which is a miracle) and then promptly went elsewhere and spent money. Methinks the newest inventory is not yet in inventory at Kelly's!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
Hello ladies! I'm going to try and be more active this month. I was thinking about my budget and was going to go with $20. I walked into Tuesday Morning, and they had 5 $10 Cosmo Cricket scrapbooking kits! I got Salt Air, Social Club, Upycle, Clementine, and Dear Mr. Claus. So, I'm busted, or I'm going to have to redo the budget and wishlist. Ideas ladies and leader?

Sounds like a great deal. Darn I knew I should have went to TM this week.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Oh and I may or may not have walked over to Office Depot and got a $10 zippered 3-ring binder to store my acrylic stamps in... rather than paying $35 for a TH one! I haveta count that, don't I?

up to you, but I don't count storage only supplies

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to tinadn

Sonja - I may be outvoted on the $10 zipper binder!! If it were solely up to me . . . To store all of our scrap candy costs just as much or more (sometimes) as the candy itself.

But, it's not like I'm going to reach thru the computer and

Katie - maybe we should pretend your very first post didn't happen! LOL It will be a VERY long month if you bust before you even officially post on here.

Edited by Vivian Lake on 05-04-12 02:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well I will be very safe this weekend with my budget - going to the cottage so not even scrapping on NSD (oh well it needs to be done!) Relaxing and enjoying Lake Huron sunsets - can't be beat!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LMAO ladies...yes that is exactly what the problem was Tammy! She has so many new things that arent entered yet...Im gonna end up busting before the weekend is out LOL

I have no idea why I try to set a low budget for myself it never works LOL...

Sonja that is a splendid idea...I am going to have to see if i can find a zipper binder...Speaking of stamp storage, I know we have a few stampers here...how do you store your stamps....I have mine in page protectors in a zipper binder now but I hate it LOL...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

acrylics in SU DVD cases - they sell them separately and my woods ones are stored in their own cases. I actually changed to keep 2 sets of SU acrylic stamps in one DVD so had extra for some of my non SU stamps and some of the tiny ones I keep in trading card binder sheets (you know the ones with 9 slots) and so I have a binder for those and some other things like sketches and templates I use

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh and Courtney - you just set a budget cause you love hanging with us!

jnzmom
jnzmom 
Diva
jnzmom

OK I really need to get my spending under control. I needed to quit collection and start using. My budget (man I hate that word) $20.00 bc I really don't needed anything, but you know how that goes and my twist is NO NO Cricut stuff. Now to just stay off E-bay and I should be ok lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

LMAO ladies...yes that is exactly what the problem was Tammy! She has so many new things that arent entered yet...Im gonna end up busting before the weekend is out LOL

I have no idea why I try to set a low budget for myself it never works LOL...

Sonja that is a splendid idea...I am going to have to see if i can find a zipper binder...Speaking of stamp storage, I know we have a few stampers here...how do you store your stamps....I have mine in page protectors in a zipper binder now but I hate it LOL...any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've tried the folder, the acrylic CD cases and ended up liking the larger ones in their origonal packaging in a baskets best. Came up with this because I have many CTMH stamps and they come in 6x6 packaging. As for the smaller ones, back to the acylic CDS BUT some have melted. Don't know why????? I keep them all together in a cool dry space.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

Oh my.

It's May 4 and I've not spent any money this month.

I'm feeling woozy.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Don't fall Pat!! Sit down before you bump your head!!!

Welcome Cheri!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL!! tammy...thats right I do love hanging with this fantastic bunch of ladies...And I really should stop spending if I want to have a baby and stay home once the baby is born LOL...

My CTMH staps I just stick those in a basket because they have such beautiful cases already...its the others that I am struggling with...I may have to try the DVD Cases..I have tons of empty cases...thanks for the info ladies..

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Girls - I must go to Kansas. Duty calls. My BIL is getting remarried and I must be the "outlaw-inlaw" in attendance.

I'm thinking spurs, chaps, and a cowboy hat ... maybe if I pull that stunt, nobody will every expect me to attend another family function on NSB day ever again.

I'm seriously NOT excited. I was not there for the FIRST wedding, so I really see no reason to attend the SECOND one, but I'm afraid if I let me REAL feelings out, my DH might close the purse strings and then where would I be?

No horse feed, no scrapbook paper, no new refrigerator, new lawnmower....

Oh, wait. I have a job and make money mySELF. Ok, that's it. Where's my cowboy hat? ((off to rumage in closet)).

Be safe and have fun this weekend.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Okay, I'm confused... do I count the $10 zipper case or not?? LOL! That will make the difference going into this weekend's Expo...

Welcome Cheri!! I think we all have that same problem... obviously! lol! No worries, you're among good (if enabling) company!

LMAO Pat!!!!! I wanna see pictures!!! I think every wedding needs 'that' relative to liven things up! Have fun even though you have to miss NSD! And be loud 'n proud!

OMG I was going through my stash last night in preparation for this weekend's crop... I do NOT need ANY thing else... though I do have a small list of things I wanna get... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! What's wrong with me? I'll NEVER use that much paper as long as I live! I think I have a problem... Pat can I join your 12-step program?!

Hello, my name is Sonja... and I'm a scrap-shop-a-holic...

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

Going to a crop tonight $10!!! cross it off my list please

jnzmom
jnzmom 
Diva
jnzmom

Going to a crop counts I think I may have to rethink my budget

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to jnzmom

You dont have to include storage Sonja LOL...but its your call LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sonja that $10 is up to you I think

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

LOL!! tammy...thats right I do love hanging with this fantastic bunch of ladies...And I really should stop spending if I want to have a baby and stay home once the baby is born LOL...

My CTMH staps I just stick those in a basket because they have such beautiful cases already...its the others that I am struggling with...I may have to try the DVD Cases..I have tons of empty cases...thanks for the info ladies..

CTMH sells empty cases and I am going to try them.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

I store my clear stamps in a binder, using zipper pouches.

So, my wish list is $500 long... still thinking... I really think we should all shop in honor of our holiday this weekend.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Okay, the $10 isn't being counted! I'm not gonna spend very much money at the crop, I swear, but it's nice to have that extra 10...

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to SonjaC

Sonja you are too cute haha, I wouldn't count that since it's a storage item you are just using for scrappy stuff.. but not really a scrappy item. I still remember the first month I was host and you were down to the dollar lol, every penny counts!

I am hopping to use a lot of my new papers tomorrow, esp since i made the twist of not even gong to a scrappy store until I use some, and just saying that makes me want to go to one.. isn't that crazy? oh well.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Alissa I love the way you think!! I think tomorrow should be a free day?!?!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

somehow I skipped that wonderful post Alissa made! I agree in honor of NSD!!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Actually I have a whole different challenge for you ladies!! It's NSD - so instead of leaving your house to go shopping OR sitting at your computer - make something. Anything!!! Shop your stash and use it. I triple-double-dog dare you!!!!!

I'm personally gonna get off here and start on a LO. It's 6:30 a.m. and we'll see how far I get.

First I gotta get some more coffee
Then I gotta pick the picture I wanna scrap today . . .
Next I gotta pick the LO to go with my picture . . .
Then I gotta get more coffee . . .

Well . . .

I'll be back . . .

Edited by Vivian Lake on 05-05-12 02:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Oh Vivian!!! great challenge and I love the triple dog dare you part! I hope we all can do it!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I've been working on several cards all week. Surely, I can finish them all today? And start a LO? I need to buy ink so I can print pictures.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Vivian Lake Said:
Actually I have a whole different challenge for you ladies!! It's NSD - so instead of leaving your house to go shopping OR sitting at your computer - make something. Anything!!! Shop your stash and use it. I triple-double-dog dare you!!!!!

I'm personally gonna get off here and start on a LO. It's 6:30 a.m. and we'll see how far I get.

First I gotta get some more coffee
Then I gotta pick the picture I wanna scrap today . . .
Next I gotta pick the LO to go with my picture . . .
Then I gotta get more coffee . . .

Well . . .

I'll be back . . .

I plan on being in my scraproom all day participating in the challenges on sb.com and
anything else I can find. I have a terrible headache tho. I even skipped my son's trapshoot meet. But I will be productive. Doing a ten minute tidy now:)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

I have completed two layouts this morning and getting ready to play with a third!! going to get some challenges done!! no shopping for me to today...I am working the store but brought all my scrappy stuff HAHA...

The fisherman all know Im here playing with my paper LOL!! I am ready for the festivities!!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Good job ladies!! I finished a LO in 2 1/2 hours - it's a record, especially considering I haven't made a LO in 4 months. I EVEN posted on my blog in honor of NSD. Now, if I get anything else done it will be a miracle. BUT I did make two cards yesterday. That's gotta count for something right?

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics