Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: May BUDGET CHALLENGE - PLAY ALONG IF YOU DARE!!        (Topic#1574375)
newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Meeeeeee? Lol not me

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Kamananui

Subtract $6.75 for me. I bought a mini mask and some paper today.

I'm not doing much shopping. I'm doing much cleaning up my scrap room. It's a M.E.S.S.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Chance is better but now I'm sick and stressed out. Spent $30 at ACOT yesterday.

Pat, we have matching rooms

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to runzalot81

That makes 3 of us-lol
Sorry you are sick now Alissa. I hope the spending made you feel better:)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

awww Alissa, now you feel better....

My space is an utter disaster area...and i wish my husband would get his trains downstairs already....i want my room!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I bought a Spellbinders die with my 50% off coupon. There are a few more I'm looking at too. I really want the two Iron Works sets.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

SO not worried about that Courtney!

And I agree with Kelly... you are the queen of enabling...

Booo Alissa! Hope you feel better soon!

My 'space' has post-hurricane similarities and I really have to rearrange my stuff in the storage closet so I have room for the baby's crib that will be arriving in a little over a week! EEK!

I still plan to check out scraputante's deal, but will probably pass... I cannot be spending too much more this month...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

I shouldnt spend anymore either...but I can't guarantee that I will survive the weekend without shopping...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Really hard not to w/ all these d@mned Memorial Day sales, isn't it? People forget the real reason for this holiday...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

I KNOW!! every 2 minutes im getting a different sale on my phone...pier 1, j's, m's, acmoore,GAHHHHHH its torture..

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I'm glad I don't get those on my phone, well today I am anyway, some days I wish I did

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

lmao i didn't shop today except for some auctions I won on evilbay....and i got my hexagon punch today from creative memories...cant wait to play with that...tomorrow is my day!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I've stayed away from that site for a while now. I'm supposed to be saving money, but it always ends up somewhere else. We are paying for our son to go on a school trip in March to DC, NY and PA and parents can go too. I'd like to go, but not sure I can justify the cost. Husband says go, but he doesn't take care of the bills.

Headed to my son's trapshoot meet in a bit,then to visit our son and dil for the rest of the weekend. Have a great one ladies.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

you should go!! would be a great bonding experience for you and your son...There is so much history around those areas...when would you have another chance to go there?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I understand about justifying cost, Tina. I worry about bills and track every penny... but I think the memories of a trip like that would justify the cost. My vote says it's totally worth it!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

lol thanks sonja, great pics too! I am coming to you for all my enabling lol!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to ShaylaCreations

Thanks ladies, I would never take this trip on my own and DH has no desire. It would not be a bonding experience tho, parents don't go as chaperones but as paying travelers. I would get to experience the whole thing like my son, but we are told to ignore them and let them experience it as if we weren't there. The company hires chaperones to take care of the teens and I would get to enjoy it 100% like every other paying individual. Still thinking about it, but nice to hear what yo all think.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Alissa, hope you are feeling better.

Tina, I'd go. I love to visit that area, but my hubby isn't all that interested either.

So, I've been jonesing for months now for the MS Floral Crochet PATP set. MONTHS! I'm trying to decide if I should just suck it up and buy it or wait for it to show up somewhere like Ms or Js so I can use it coupon. I've been searching for it at both locations for about 5-6 months. I loathe paying full price for anything, but I swear this punch set has been taunting me for ever...

Today is crop night at Ms, so I'm working from 2:30-9:30. It's fun to get paid to play. I love my job!! I also might happen to have a 50% off coupon I'm bringing with me to pick up one of those iron works Spellbinders sets.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Did you check Js online?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Tina - go!!!

I am writing you now from my new home in England!
My stuff should come tomorrow and then we need to clear it through customs.

I can't wait to get my stuff - it will be like getting all new stuff all over again! LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Yayyy Tammy...so glad your there safe...and hope your stuff comes quickly.

Tina, thats awesome that you will get to enjoy the trip and not have to worry about your son. I cannot tell you how liberating it is to travel by yourself. I recommend that everyone do it once in their life at least. I love my husband, but had some great travels all by myself! You deserve to do something for you.

I havent scrapped but cleaned the whole house and got all the laundry done...went shopping and totally blew up J's they had such an amazing sale...I bought all kinds of card stock, a xyron 5" sticker maker, some spellbinders....everything was 50% off plus I had another 10% off so I spent ALOT lol

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Tina - I say go anyway! At least you will get to see these places when you otherwise wouldn't since your DH doesn't want to. I actually really enjoyed DC and NY and only passed through PA. And Courtney's right, travelling by yourself is sometimes more pleasant - no complying with someone elses' opinions!

Shayla - You're welcome, always glad to help!

Kelly - I second that... check J's online if you haven't already... they had a ton of MS punches and lots were 50% off (or 40% with their coupon.) I have been eyeing that doily lace edger punch, but it was one of (the few) that weren't on sale... typical!

TAMMY!!!! WOOOHOO!!! Welcome to England! How was the move??

Okay Courtney... I've got a whole cartfull of goodies at Scraputante, but it won't let me use the free shipping coupon too... says I have to choose first class mail, but First Class mail isn't available for my particular shipment.... WTHeck?!

Otherwise, we've had a pretty mellow day. We were going to go to the beach, but it was overcast (gasp!) and chilly so we stayed home. Cleaned some and now DH is off working out and I'm going to work on some pages. Plan to go to the beach maybe tomorrow or Monday, but we'll see... Somehow I got coerced into buying the DH a new video game last night too... He picks the game, goes to the counter with it, sets it down and the walks away!!! Sneaky b@st@rd... lol! Oh well, the amount of $$ I've spent this month on scrappy stuff, I suppose I can justify one little video game...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

LOL Sonja...I sent you a PM about the shipping...

After my excursion today, Dom asked how many trains he could go buy after i shopped hhahaha....i said none this doesn't even come close to what you've spent LOL

Well its 3 am here and I can't sleep...I have no idea what is going on with me lately....the only thing I can think of is that i was so worried about making the pasta salad for tomorrow that it woke me up. So what am I doing...waiting for the water to boil right now so I can make some pasta salad....LMAO maybe then I will be able to sleep.

I am a beast when i don't sleep so tomorrow should be fun LOL...I am pretty excited...going to a bbq at one of my friends from high school...dom hasn't met some of these girls so should be fun...plus its down the shore (what we call the beach here in Jersey) LOL and even though its not down its out, we say down the shore LOL we're weird.

Ok I have babbled enough in the middle of the night...if I can't sleep after this, maybe I will try and scrap...I have to get up in 3 hrs to open the store gahhhhh

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

so far so good - just a couple questions really at customs coming in - didn't even ask what i was bringing in - just questions about when we got married etc.

today my goods should arrive by air so we have to go to the airport today or tomorrow to collect them (and clear them through customs).

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thanks Courtney! I'd sent a 'contact us' note to Kelly, but I sent another email to her directly. Hoping I have a note when I get home this evening!

Tammy, glad your goodies made it through customs alright - how funny they never asked anything about what you were bringing in! It'll be like Christmas when everything arrives!!

Going registry shopping today with the DH, MIL and SIL for a list of things we still really need. MIL wants to buy us our glider and between the four baby showers we had, we racked up nearly $600 in cash and gift cards! (Did I tell you that my mom's friends at her church threw her a 'Grandma Shower'?! I've never even heard of that, but it really surprised her and they gave her some great toys, books and clothing that will get to stay at Grandma's house - unless of course my ds (woah..) cannot be parted with something... LOL!) I swear, this is one blessed baby!! Talk about time flying... he's due in 3.5 weeks!!!
My parents will be down here a week from tomorrow and we'll finally have the crib and cradle! (humm perhaps I should reorganize and clean up my scrappy stuff so we have a place for said crib... )

Pending that Scraputante order, no more shopping for me this month! (I know I said that before...)

Edited by SonjaC on 05-27-12 10:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

oh wow Sonja - that time really flew!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I have not heard a word from the cargo shipper yet although tracking says my goods were delivered to Manchester airport

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Looks like everyone is having a good week - mostly!!

I busted at A's and don't care!!! Got stuff I usually pass up but it was on sale!!! It was like finding treasure I didn't know existed.

Anyone want to host for June please? I find it hard to keep up.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Vivian Lake

OMG. I am in some SERIOUS trouble.

When did SB.com start carrying Lindy's Stamp Gang product?

OMG omg omg. Hide my debit card. Quick.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Too late. Busted. $54.85

That took about three seconds.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Too late. Busted. $54.85

That took about three seconds.

Oh WOW

I'm thinking about busting at Js online... had a few bags of stuff sitting around that I've bought or have come from DTs. Decided to unpack them and now my appetite for shopping is a wee bit diminished. I swear this stuff procreates.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Someone busted...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

OMG THREE more people joined us in Bustville, Courtney!!

Welcome Vivian, Alissa and Pat!
What all did you guys get?

Hello, my name is Sonja and I'm a scrap shopaholic...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I am living vicariously through you all - I WANT my stuff!!!!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I spent $8 at Ms, but it's all for the SMASH class I'll be teaching in June. I was going to go to A's, but I'm heading up north to be with DH for a few days.

Edited by kdinsmore on 05-28-12 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Tina - go!!!

I am writing you now from my new home in England!
My stuff should come tomorrow and then we need to clear it through customs.

I can't wait to get my stuff - it will be like getting all new stuff all over again! LOL

Customs always makes me nervous. Does it you since you will have so much?
I'm so happy you got moved. HOw is it going?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Kelly If it was me, I'd use teh coupon on that one. That's an expensive item.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to northernmemories

My sweet hubby gave me 10 minutes in a lss store we passed by heading to my son and dil's yesterday. I spent a bundle but gave most to my dil as part of her graduation from college gift. I kept $19 worth.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

If no one else wants to, I can do this challenge next month.

Thanks for all your thoughts on the PA, DC, NY vacation. We've had a lot of extra expenses the last 9 months or so with my lasik surgery, ds3 medical bills, Mexico vacation and ds1 wedding. I am going to sit down and work on a strict budget this week and after I go to college orientation with ds2 on June 7 and find out what he needs help with, I will make my final decision. Oh and our 25th wedding anniversary is in Sept. I have a feeling my hubby has something up his sleeve, maybe another all inclusive or cruise so I need to get an answer from him. He's all about vacations these days. Savings has depleted quickly........

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to tinadn

Sonja that is awesome you guys got so much stuff, It really helps out and grandma shower is new to me but AWESOME! lol, I think it's great when people want to help out and celebrate with you. I can't believe it's almost time. ahhh all the busted budgets and happy shopping now it's almost time for your bundle of joy to arrive. awwwwww I am super excited for you!

Tammy glad you made it! hope you get your stuff soon!

Courtney I am the same way, I hope you got some rest!

I am happily enabled by the lovely sonja but trying to wait three days to pull the trigger... well push the button lol. So I shouldn't bust it's only 3 days.... I can handle three day...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, hope you get your stuff soon. I bet your dying to have some paper therapy.

Sonja, wow. It seems like you just announced your pregnancy. I can't believe it's almost time! Yay on all the gift cards. Have fun shopping.

Tina, I so wish I could use a coupon on that punch set, but I can't find it anywhere. No local Js or Ms carry it, and it's not on Js online. Will have to suck it up and pay full price if I want it.

I'm working today and my allergies are killing me. Can't hardly breathe. This will be fun.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I bought some Lindy's Moonshadow Mist, some Color Shot, two embossing powders, and then I figured, "what the he!!" and bought a fiskers border punch that I saw on a layout someplace, and a couple of packages of some prima flowers because a girl can NEVER have too many flowers...

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Tina, I so wish I could use a coupon on that punch set, but I can't find it anywhere. No local Js or Ms carry it, and it's not on Js online. Will have to suck it up and pay full price if I want it.

What punch set? Where?

(the recently busted one)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol - well my stuff will be available for pickup tomorrow but dh doesn't know if he can get off work early to get it as his boss was not in today. He will try otherwise it will wait until Sunday as we are going to York 800 celebrations on Saturday. This coming weekend is Jubililee weekend so Monday and Tuesday are both going to be stat holidays! Woohoo!

I got a few things unpacked - it still feels wierd though like I am on vacation or something.

I couldn't get the key to work today on the entry door so didn't think I had one - turned out I was just doing it wrong.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, when I moved to AZ, it took a while for me to realize I wasn't on vacation. I imagine, with moving to a completely different country, it will take even longer for you.

Pat, I love the Moonshadow Mists. Love them!! Oh, and here is the MS Punch set I'm lusting after.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Kamananui

Ah - yes, that one IS lovely isn't it?

I've seen it on several layouts and it looks like it gives fabulous results.

At some point, I'm gong to have to invest in a deep PATP, but right now, I'm making do with the every day variety.

There's just so much to WANT, isn't there.

I got introduced to Moonshadow Mists when I was getting the Swirlydoos Kits - and they really did spoil me for anything else. I try to order a group set about once a quarter from Lindy's store, but now that they're here at SB.com, I expect that I'll be ... broke. That's what I'll be. Broke.

I need to go water my money tree.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Katie - SMASH class??? I'm intrigued... What's the project? I just got a couple SMASH books. I got the mini and made my Time Machine album with it for NSD and I got the bigger 'baby' one that I'm hoping I can turn into something when my baby arrives... Sooo I'm definitely curious about your class!

Tina - Wow 25 years, that's great! That's like a 'Must Party' occasion there. Hope it all works out that you can go with your ds and get away for your big anniversary!

Shayla - If we'd had a budget for our shopping trip yesterday, I'd say we busted... We have money left over, which will go into savings for those little 'emergencies' that I hear come up (no, not scrappy emergencies), but we also got SOOO. Much. Stuff! Was kinda fun to spend someone else's money tho...
And good for you for having the willpower to withhold spending until Friday!

Pat - Woooo! Good haul there, well worth the bust! And I couldn't agree more on the flowers statement... Money tree.. LOL!! If only it were that simple...

Tammy - Ugh, wait till SUNDAY?! That's... like... a whole week away! I'd be climbing the walls! But it sounds like you're keeping busy at least! And I agree with Kelly, it'll probably take you a while to get over the vacation feeling! Are you planning to work? (That's the fastest way to 'help' the healing I think... lol!)

Well I've been pushing papers around for the last two hours trying to finish my Chocolate Challenge page... DH is engrossed in his new video game (nothing like the sound of rapidfire machine gun and occasional obscinities to get you movitated to scrap...)
More or less I'm trying to avoid hitting 'buy' on my sb.com shopping cart... They did that danged paper deal today and I have had about 30 pprs in my cart for the last month that would save me nearly $12 (half of that would go to shipping of course so I'd only actually save about $6...) BUT they would be cheaper...
And I would of course not need to order the Scraputante cart since I only wanted certain things outta there anyway... And I'm already busted so my budget next month would be much slimmer... GAAAH! Methinks I just talked myself into it!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Yes Sonja I am planning to work but I need to get a card (much like a Social Security Card) first. That process takes 2-3 weeks - I need to call today to make an appt!

Kelly - I am not a fan of MS tools but that is a punch I really do seem to like.

As far as waiting for my stuff - oh well it is what it is - I managed to find some cross stitch stuff (for Christmas gifts) in one of the suitcases so I will work away on that. For now I still have 2 suitcases to unpack.

We are going to York (for their 800 years/diamond jubilee celebration) on Saturday so at least I will have some new pics to scrap.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Darn!! It's . . . Tuesday!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

woohoo - we are getting my stuff- the Knightly one is picking up the cargo van at 2 and we are off to customs to get my stuff!!! all 325 kgs of it!

So excited!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

You go girl
How great is that? Fast too!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

It actually arrived on Saturday but the cargo company gave us incorrect instructions - all sorted yesterday!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

wahooey ladies...so sorry I have been MIA this weekend...was super busy...

I shopped Saturday but not one thing after that..there was no time..LOL

Tammy so glad you are getting settled.

Work is crazy they let 2 people go on friday so Its all up in the air at work....ahhh i wish it was still the weekend LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Wooohooo Tammy!!! Glad you are getting your stuff (well... probably already have it by now!) Happy scrapping!

I caved last night on my paper order... another $30 - You don't really have to add that to my negative balance ya know, Vivian... I'm traumatized enough by what I saw yesterday, though clearly not enough to actually quit shopping...

My budget will be vvveeeerrrrrryyyyy small in the next few months though...

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, Ms has a class for the SMASH book. I got the wedding SMASH book and the occasions journal tags. I'm still figuring out how to teach the class, but I'm really excited to have a book now. I'm thinking about gathering up pictures of DH and I through the year and putting them in the book, as our 5th anniversary is coming up.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

ohhh sonja you are baaad LOL....I am seriously done spending for a while...I NEED NOTHING!! I am going to a crop on June 9th and looking forward to that..

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
I am seriously done spending for a while...I NEED NOTHING!!

This made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my self. Thank goodness for panty liners.

When did "need" ever stop us? I bought another 2 packs of CS yesterday just because it was on sale for $2.50 a pack and I had another 20% off coupon. We are junkies.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

• Vivian Lake Said:
Darn!! It's . . . Tuesday!

Exactly how I felt when Sonja gave me kudos for waiting till friday, I looked up and said I's only tuesday!

jnzmom
jnzmom 
Diva
jnzmom

I did very well this month only spent 7.50 on e-bay. I was able to get 9 wedding stickers so that was a great deal.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LMAO Shayla!! I think you two should be saying 'it's already Tuesday'! (All about perspective!)

In my case its 'Its only Tuesday! I still have three more days to shatter my bust before I'm cut off spending!' whips out VISA

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
Sonja, Ms has a class for the SMASH book. I got the wedding SMASH book and the occasions journal tags. I'm still figuring out how to teach the class, but I'm really excited to have a book now. I'm thinking about gathering up pictures of DH and I through the year and putting them in the book, as our 5th anniversary is coming up.

I'm gonna have to check into that then, Katie. I really want to get some ideas and tips... Can't wait to see what yours looks like! Will you post yours so I can oggle it when you're done??

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

Glad most of us had a great Tuesday . . . busting!! Anyway, my Tuesday was o.k. Just o.k. Cramps cramp my cramping style.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Courtney - ummm you absolutely NEED nothing until Kelly gets new inventory???

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I ordered my Su In Colour Markers yesterday - $20 (I still have $10 to spend!!!)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
  • newtoscrapping2011 Said:
I am seriously done spending for a while...I NEED NOTHING!!

This made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my self. Thank goodness for panty liners.

When did "need" ever stop us? I bought another 2 packs of CS yesterday just because it was on sale for $2.50 a pack and I had another 20% off coupon. We are junkies.

LMAO you are so right...but i need to start a 12 step program or something LOL It is out of control!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Courtney - ummm you absolutely NEED nothing until Kelly gets new inventory???

UGHHH unfortunately this is so correct LOL....and she has the new G45 coming in this week UGHHHHHHH how can i resist that its AMAZING!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Vivian Lake Said:
Glad most of us had a great Tuesday . . . busting!! Anyway, my Tuesday was o.k. Just o.k. Cramps cramp my cramping style.

awww so sorry Vivian...that stinks...i am hoping to not have to worry about that for a while....LOL doubt we got it on the first month we are trying though

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Sonja, I'll post pics as soon as I throw stuff in there. Speaking of SU, I volunteer with a SU rep, and I got the big catalog. Much wishing and drooling has occurred.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kdinsmore

I saw the new SU catalog the other day.

I'm not as unhappy as I was. Still unhappy, but it doesn't look like they totally sank the boat.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Vivian, hope you are feeling better today. Cramps can ruin a day for certain.

Oh dear. I love SU, and have been avoiding all catalogs. Do I need to look. Nope, I can't. Not gonna do it. Well, maybe just a peek...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Cramps... cramps... doesn't ring a bell - been too long I guess! I feel your pain though Vivian! Hope they go away soon!

Oh dear... Courtney... what new G45?!

Okay, I'm going back to bed... my 'not feeling so well' yesterday turned into a soar throat and headache... think I'm starting to get a fever, but hoping that'll go away! I'll cu later!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to SonjaC

Ha! I was pregnant, nursing, pregnant again then nursing for a continuous time of 4+ years...I totally forgot what a (.) was.

I'm so lucky, the lss just put out October Afternoon new (late) lines so my budget for June is already shot.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to carbphrek

Sonja it's no fun being sick when your pregnant. So sorry.
I've had a sore throat off and on the past 2 weeks, thought it was allergies, woke up and achy with a headache yesterday so thought I'd get my throat checked. Ends up I have an ulcer on my tonsils and am being referred to an ENT on Monday. Doc says I need my tonsils out!

Edited by tinadn on 05-30-12 01:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
LMAO Shayla!! I think you two should be saying 'it's already Tuesday'! (All about perspective!)

In my case its 'Its only Tuesday! I still have three more days to shatter my bust before I'm cut off spending!' whips out VISA

Lol Ok It's already Wednesday.. yes just 2 more days... gosh time is going slow now.... I am just thinking abouthow if I order now that will be two days sooner I get it lol!! I have a problem!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

aww Sonja I hope you are feeling better!!

Courtney good luck and you never know!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

Y'all take care. There is something going around my boys school, all the kids are sniffling & congested.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to carbphrek

Got my ACOT package today. It's always good to splurge a little. It guilts so good.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh wow Tina!!!! Yikes! Well hope your tonsils come out okay! When are you doing that?

Throat's not too bad, but I can feel it in my ears and neck so am heading to bed soon... Really don't want to take another day off work!

LOL Shayla - I think the first step in Courtney and my program is to admit you have a problem... You're on your way!

I hear you Alissa! My J's order was delivered today at work and my sb.com order will arrive Friday... oh the guilt.. feels sooo good!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Tina - I had my tonsils out when I was 19 - not a pleasant thing my dear - be prepared to take some time off.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

So ladies, who can host for June?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I probably can since I am just being a housewife however I am 5 hours ahead of you so things will be delayed on a daily basis (until I get up in the morning whilst you are all abed)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Here is the link to June
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Thanks for taking over this month Tammy.

As for my tonsils, I go to the ENT on Monday to get the final decision. My doctor's words
You will feel like s**t for a least a week. Recovery for an adult is not easy.
So we will see...

I plan to scrap on this rainy cold day today. I signed up for a ton of challenges in June.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

Bleh, feel better ladies! It's no fun being sick. Good thing we're all on line and not in person to share the germs. It's finally sunny today after being rainy for 3 days. The kids have track and field day, so it'll be another quiet school day for DH and I at school. Did you get your belongings from customs yet Tammy?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

Tina my dear - I wanted to die so that is an understatement. Adult recovery is terrible but it was certainly worth it in the end.

yes Katie I got it on Tuesday. Although it is down the street at a storage locker as I have been busy with other things here at the house.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Sonja...she is getting the new halloween line and the lovely ladies??? i think its called line...UGHHH she's killing me LOL

I spent another $30 in the store last night on the new Jenni Bowlin Wren collection and other things that i didnt need...going over to pick up my order this evening

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Courtney - what paper company?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Yikes... sounds like it's a good thing that Tammy offered to host June instead of Tina... looks like you're in for a bit of recovery, Tina!

So, other than a minor heart attack today when I thought my short term disability coverage wasn't going to pay 100% of my salary for my full 13 weeks leave, I'm feeling better! OMG... that was sooo panic inducing!

Not to mention it would have had a profound effect on my scrappy budget! lol!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Oooo, I'm intrigued, Courtney (shaking fist at you). LOL!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

ok, girls. I'm heading off this forum. I'm home for the night, no more shopping from me this month.

See you gals in the June forum where I plan to not spend ANY more money.

Gads. Is that even remotely possible???

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Courtney - what paper company?

Graphic 45

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Yikes... sounds like it's a good thing that Tammy offered to host June instead of Tina... looks like you're in for a bit of recovery, Tina!

So, other than a minor heart attack today when I thought my short term disability coverage wasn't going to pay 100% of my salary for my full 13 weeks leave, I'm feeling better! OMG... that was sooo panic inducing!

Not to mention it would have had a profound effect on my scrappy budget! lol!

In jersey they only cover 60%...but hey its better than nothing

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to northernmemories

I just want to add that I only busted by $10 this month

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I'm back home, and I'm already thinking about hitting the hay. What to get next month, oh yeah, boxes to move stuff up north and not spend $ on stuff, and figure out what to do for the 5 month anniversary.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

Alissa... brag about it!

Courtney - Apparently there are some advantages to living in CA... strong maternity support! THough I should clarify by saying that my company covers 100% for the first 13 weeks and the state of CA will cover an additional 6 weeks at 60%.

Katie - Yeah, try to not buy anything so you don't have to schlep more stuff up north! Erm... take Tammy as an example.. cuz I think the rest of us are bad influences!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

lol - yeah I schlepped 325 kgs across the Atlantic - probably 250 of it was scrapbooking supplies lol!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

moving over to June ladies

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics