Page 4 of 10 
Username Post: May Very Laid Back Challenge --Closed and having fun        (Topic#1574395)
tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

bling challenge* By Tealbrand

blings2 challenge* By Tealbrand

acu2h
happy monday

Edited by tealbrand on 05-07-12 06:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to NVyankee

2 awesome eileen

Edited by tealbrand on 05-07-12 07:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to njr007

Can I play again this month please

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Pam in TX

jci and doo

2 By Twinlets Mama

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Pam in TX

• Pam in TX Said:

Hi Pam --

Jump on in!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Twinlets Mama

wow Lesley -- love your bomb. And what Nancy said -- if you fall behind please don't stress and refer yourself to the name of the challenge. LOL!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to NVyankee

SLOTO!

Congrats on the tennis title, Eileen!

I swear Husband didn't let me sit down for a total of FIVE MINUTES yesterday. And I start classes tomorrow, so I'm trying to make sure my house is all clean before bed tonight so I don't have to worry about it again until Thursday or Friday, other than random tidy sessions.

I'll work on catching up; first gotta catch up on the cleaning projects. I'm running behind because I couldn't get my tail moving this morning. UGH!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
Lesley-
For a newbie, you sure have a lot of talent! Geesh, I wish my best LOs were as good as yours!

BTW-don't be too hard on yourself about keeping up. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. No judgments from us! This is a very Laid Back group. I've only been here two years. Some of these gals have known each other forever!! Just hang out and have fun!!!

You are too sweet, thank you!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to LesleyC

Happy Scrappy Monday ladies!

Just finished the next Lo 4 my baby nephew's album. This was the most difficult one 4 me so far, but glad to have it done. : ]

B is for Boy! By Jamariel

This LO is based on the following sketch...

SketchSavvy#8bySusanStrin gfellow By Jamariel

TFL ladies : ]

still working on getting acu on this thread...bbl.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to jamariel

This is a layout that I did for the Ugly Paper challenge. These are the papers I was given.
Snarf By Pam In TX May Ugly papers By Pam In TX

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Pam in TX

Teal monochrome challenge, PageMaps39 #4, Flowers Challenge

My Mother.....My Self By Pam In TX

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Pam in TX

Carnation Monochrome, PageMaps39 #3

Happy Valentines. By Pam In TX

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Pam in TX

ACU2H!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to MeliMedina

Also, just because I like to be a thread hog (and I am just now getting around to reading comments on the pages I dropped over the weekend)...

Yes, I did take the pictures of Eri on the baby page, Amy! Thank you for the compliment!

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

Dropping off 2.
*BLING Challenge*--Shopping By Msnickers2
Christina Perri By Msnickers2

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Msnickers2

whew, finally ACU on this thread! Was only gone Sat & Sun and had 7 pages of LO's to comment on...not looking forward 2 that nxt weekend but my weekends are way too busy 4 me 2 be able to log on. Oh well, AWESOME job to everyone on your NSD projects & congrats Eileen on making Nationals! Kick some tennis turf woman, LOL!

Now to try & do some laundry b4 hubby & I have to leave 4 our Monday night bible study. Have a good night everyone

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to jamariel

Took a lil' scrappy break to finally page this favorite photo from last summer. I need to scrap someone/something other than my kid.

A bounty of berries By LesleyC

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to LesleyC

Hello! Came in to work this morning and did my normal routine and attempted to log in here as I finished up my coffee. Well, they have finally blocked this site at work, along with just about every site that I visit. Really a bummer!!! I tried to access the site from my phone, but that was a pain in the rear. So I am running way behind and have lots to catch up on.

Congrats to the winners of NSD!

Eileen, have fun at VT. Congrats to your nephew. I have a nephew there are well and he will graduate next year. I haven’t been to the campus yet this year. Hope to pay a visit there soon. We always enjoy going there and walking thru the campus and going to the book store and eating at Five Guys. And congrats on the win today!

Mel, glad you are feeling better. I think I forgot to mention it on the other forum. Sorry!

Lisa, I don’t do parties of any kind any more. I don’t go, I don’t host, and I don’t buy!

I am finally acu2h and do have some layouts and a card to share once I get caught up everywhere else.

Hello to everyone here and have a great evening ladies!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Halloween Card By Anna C

A Mother's Heart By Anna C

A Lovely Easter By Anna C

Independence Day By Anna C

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Anna C

Playing catch up.

Poor Brendan is feeling so yucky. Think I'll keep him home tomorrow. Finally got him to take some RobitussinC -- he was a bit dramatic about the taste!

Jami -- great lo's and thanks for sharing the sketches. You know I love them!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to tealbrand

oh my, finally acu

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
Hello! Came in to work this morning and did my normal routine and attempted to log in here as I finished up my coffee. Well, they have finally blocked this site at work, along with just about every site that I visit. Really a bummer!!! I tried to access the site from my phone, but that was a pain in the rear. So I am running way behind and have lots to catch up on.

Anna big brother upstairs is always watching. I'm so careful of what I access at work through the intranet. sb.com and facebook aren't blocked yet though. what i do when I know i will have time on my hands (rarely) is take my laptop to work and try and bounce off some one's wireless signal.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
[Hey, how are things at the office. Are you stressing over the bankruptcy? Tulsa is crazed. I think about way more than I mention.

Girl the stress level is through the roof. Everyday you have to justify your job position . I peep through my glass window each morning before i open the door to see if the "pink slip" is there. In reality I know my job position won't be there forever. It's a high level job and i am sure they think they can combine it into someone else's job at a lower level. It's been done before. Survivial is the name of the game. As long as I get a decent package and all that is due to me by law I'm good. Although 24 years doing this - I'd like to stay a few more years truly. Thanks for thinking of me.

raining
Governor
raining
In response to cveira

Dropping off a card!
Card ~~~SCRAPS OF ELEGANCE~~~ By Raining

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to raining

mms
I"m a jeopardy addict -- has anyone been watching the Teen Jeopardy tournament. Geez these kids are SMART!

Edited by ncyankee on 05-07-12 04:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to raining

acu

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cveira

Christine, I actually did have my personal laptop with me at work today and tried to bounce off of someone's wireless but it wasn't strong enough. Gonna try again tomorrow. I think I T must have done a sweep on my computer over the weekend. I can't access any of the sites that I normally check into regularly. I knew it was coming and actually expected it two years ago but just kept hoping it would never happen. Sure is gonna make for a long day!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Anna C

Evening all,

I actually found a couple photos of me as a kid and started to scrap a really cute page. It's at the point of "do I really want to add anymore to this?". Eh, I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

I really want to get into card making but I struggle for some reason. I will probably make two Mothers Day cards this weekend...lord knows I have enough scraps!

Can someone explain the whole Scraps of Elegance and Scraps of Darkness? The posts are stunning, I just don't get what those terms mean.

Christine-so sorry your job is on tenterhooks right now. It can't be very much fun.

Eileen-sorry Brendan is feeling yucky. Sorry, but I'm a little dramatic, too, when it comes to cough medicine!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Oh question: what do you all do with your challenge layouts that don't go into a specific category or album? Do you keep your own albums just for challenges?

I hope that question made sense.

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to LesleyC

ACu and dropping off

Vaughn By Njr007

Smile By Njr007

TFL

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to cveira

• cveira Said:
  • Claggy Said:
[Hey, how are things at the office. Are you stressing over the bankruptcy? Tulsa is crazed. I think about way more than I mention.

Girl the stress level is through the roof. Everyday you have to justify your job position . I peep through my glass window each morning before i open the door to see if the "pink slip" is there. In reality I know my job position won't be there forever. It's a high level job and i am sure they think they can combine it into someone else's job at a lower level. It's been done before. Survivial is the name of the game. As long as I get a decent package and all that is due to me by law I'm good. Although 24 years doing this - I'd like to stay a few more years truly. Thanks for thinking of me.

Sorry I didn't ask sooner. We here so many different things from day to day is ridiculous! Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you & praying for you! Hang in there Chica!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
mms
I"m a jeopardy addict -- has anyone been watching the Teen Jeopardy tournament. Geez these kids are SMART!

Talking about smart kids-Did you hear about the 2 yr old that was allowed to join MENSA? Kid speaks 3 languages (fluently) and can do some crazy math for a 2 yr old! How do you raise a child like that? I struggle with my highly intelligent/gifted son, still.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
Christine, I actually did have my personal laptop with me at work today and tried to bounce off of someone's wireless but it wasn't strong enough. Gonna try again tomorrow. I think I T must have done a sweep on my computer over the weekend. I can't access any of the sites that I normally check into regularly. I knew it was coming and actually expected it two years ago but just kept hoping it would never happen. Sure is gonna make for a long day!

Thanks for bringing this up. I have to remember to save my docs from my computer before I leave. I will do a sweep and IT re-image it too! Wouldn't want to leave anything behind, not that there's anything there. I will also need to save some docs to the shared server. No sense reinventing the wheel--or the data!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Claggy

Good morning!

Eileen, hope ds is feeling better today!

Hope everyone has a great day! See you tonight!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Anna C

good morning!!

jci and doo

play By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • ncyankee Said:
mms

Talking about smart kids-Did you hear about the 2 yr old that was allowed to join MENSA? Kid speaks 3 languages (fluently) and can do some crazy math for a 2 yr old! How do you raise a child like that? I struggle with my highly intelligent/gifted son, still.

And I thought Maren was so smart for counting in spanish with me as I read the kids dora the explorer at bedtime last night. :s LOL I still think they're smart, even if they're (Addison and Mimi) not MENSA members

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Evening all,

I actually found a couple photos of me as a kid and started to scrap a really cute page. It's at the point of "do I really want to add anymore to this?". Eh, I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

I really want to get into card making but I struggle for some reason. I will probably make two Mothers Day cards this weekend...lord knows I have enough scraps!

Can someone explain the whole Scraps of Elegance and Scraps of Darkness? The posts are stunning, I just don't get what those terms mean.

Christine-so sorry your job is on tenterhooks right now. It can't be very much fun.

Eileen-sorry Brendan is feeling yucky. Sorry, but I'm a little dramatic, too, when it comes to cough medicine!

Scraps of Elegance and Scraps of Darkness are kits (brands, lines, etc.), I do believe, and as far as I know, you can find them here on sb.com (as in members). If i'm wrong, someone please correct me!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Oh question: what do you all do with your challenge layouts that don't go into a specific category or album? Do you keep your own albums just for challenges?

Are you asking about the nsbd challenges here at sb.com that run through June? Or challenges in general?

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

Good morning! I have tons of tabs open to comment on. I just couldn't check in and keep up the last few days. Our house hunting trip was a whirlwind. I can't even count the number of houses we saw in three days. Good news is we have a contract in on a house. I love the house but it will be a downsize for us. Moving from a smaller, less expensive market to a large metro area is a little tough on the pocketbook! I actually am ok with it though as we have tons we can get rid of and it will force me to go through and sort even more than I already have. Bad news for us is we will have to do temporary housing for 2 months as the sellers aren't moving to their new location until August! Ugh! Two teenagers, a dog and summertime where they are always around in a small place?? Doesn't sound fun.

Looks like a ton of you had some NSBD fun. And some great wins too! Wish I could have joined in. Told my dh he owed me for next year

Eileen- Congrats on the tennis win. How fun is that?

Had to smaile at the budgeting comments. DH and I spent the weekend working numbers and trying to guess at expenses over the weekend. When we couldn't quite get what we wanted in a house we tried to stretch numbers and move our price point up. Then we got smart and decided less is more. I would much rather live simpler than be stressed out all the time.

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to lpeeps

Lisa contracts on the contract
DOO
Santa Baby By Njr007

TFL

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to njr007

This is a layout that I did for a sketch and apricot challenge.

Pure Bliss By Pam In TX

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Pam in TX

There are kit clubs that cater to scraps of elegance/darkness.

Darkness - is lots of distressing, darker colors, grunge. Please chime in with your thoughts.

Elegance -- kind of what it says. Lots of bling,, flourishes. sparkly.

I believe they both have challenges here -- I'd peruse their gallery for ideas.

As for albums -- all my lo's are either put in a chronological or vacation album. So when I do a lo for a challenge -- it still meets a purpose for me. I don't do a lo specifically for a challenge that doesn't meet my needs. Does that make sense.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

DS is feeling better this morning. Loaded him up with afrin, motrin, mucinex (which he says is the best stuff on earth! lol).

Told him to call me if he needs to be picked up early.

They are getting so close to exam time - I really hate for him to miss any school.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to njr007

Thread hog alert!!

Lesley -- here's a link that might help.

http://scrapsofdarkness.com/Forum/index.php

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:

Are you talking about in the gallery or in general? In the gallery on Scrapbook.com I sort nothing. It all pretty much goes into one category.

At home, I store my pages by year... so if I did a page with pictures from 2008 and the journaling is also relevant to 2008, it goes in my 2008 album. I used to keep a different album for each kid, for me & husband, for people we love, for places we went, for family stuff, and it got too complicated. So now, I just do it by year and it makes my life so much easier!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to NVyankee

I am not ACU, but I do have tabs open that will have to wait for me to get home from school, have dinner, and get the boys to bed.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

morning! day off today but have a company function tonight.

Megan has an afternoon exam sitting - Human and Social Biology, Paper 2 (long answers and essays)

ttyl! Good luck at school today Mel!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• Twinlets Mama Said:
  • LesleyC Said:

Are you asking about the nsbd challenges here at sb.com that run through June? Or challenges in general?

I guess both. Like if its somethibg you wouldnt normally scrap, but for the challenge, what do you do with it?

Edit: i guess my questions were answered. Thanks all!

Edited by LesleyC on 05-08-12 08:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to LesleyC

Hi ladies, lots of pages and chatter going on, I'm finally ACU with both.

Eileen, glad Brendan is feeling better.

I'm off to the post office to mail some grad cards, hoping to get some scrapping done today...see ya later

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Tena E.

Hello all! Just checking in and getting caught up on love. Hoping to get some scrapping in this afternoon before I have to head off to work. No complaining here...its my only day for the rest of the week which means lots of scrap time.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• Twinlets Mama Said:
  • Claggy Said:
  • ncyankee Said:
mms

And I thought Maren was so smart for counting in spanish with me as I read the kids dora the explorer at bedtime last night. :s LOL I still think they're smart, even if they're (Addison and Mimi) not MENSA members

As an Early Childhood Specialist (read with smirky better than others tone-lol) Maren sounds very smart!! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want my kid in MENSA as a toddler or anytime before adulthood. It's hard enough to raise kids without the added pressure.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
DS is feeling better this morning. Loaded him up with afrin, motrin, mucinex (which he says is the best stuff on earth! lol).

Told him to call me if he needs to be picked up early.

They are getting so close to exam time - I really hate for him to miss any school.

Glad he's feeling better! Mucinex is like swallowing a Horse Pill! He's a tough kid, I'm sure he'll be fine! You are such a good mom.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

I'm working on cards today. Decided I needed another day at home. Doctor says it's a stomach bug. Yay! One of the benefits of working with kids.

ACU for now!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
I'm working on cards today. Decided I needed another day at home. Doctor says it's a stomach bug. Yay! One of the benefits of working with kids.

ACU for now!

Yuck!! Stomach bugs are the worst. Feel better soon!!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Ok, ok, I've embellied enough for one LO. Here goes!

Instead of scrapping my kid some more, I scrapped myself as a kid...gee, any resemblence?

On the Terrace By LesleyC

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to njr007

Dropping off 3 LO's
Love trails By Msnickers2
Jordanel By Msnickers2
Family By Msnickers2

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Nice little bomb there Shalene!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:

I'll say!

Those of you with a cricut or silhouette: do you find that you spend less money on letter stickers and embellies since you got your machine? I find letter stickers so limiting, not to mention "consumable". And I always seem to be one "e" short for a title. :/

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to LesleyC

LOL- I tend to use to cricut for everything- cutting out titles to making my own embellies. I think it does save on money, if you use it enough. You probably make up for it in spending on other cartridges, though!! HA. Sometimes, I like using sticker letters for variety, though

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • Twinlets Mama Said:
  • Claggy Said:
  • ncyankee Said:
mms

As an Early Childhood Specialist (read with smirky better than others tone-lol) Maren sounds very smart!! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want my kid in MENSA as a toddler or anytime before adulthood. It's hard enough to raise kids without the added pressure.

No doubt. My kids blow me away on a daily basis. We've been saying for ages now, that Addison is the 'thinker' and Maren is the 'fly-by-the-seat-of-her-p ants' kind of kid. Still smart, though! Watching the wheels turn when they're trying to figure things out is pretty awesome

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

Just one of my LO's I'm posting.

STICKER POX By Sasload4

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • Claggy Said:

I'll say!

Those of you with a cricut or silhouette: do you find that you spend less money on letter stickers and embellies since you got your machine? I find letter stickers so limiting, not to mention "consumable". And I always seem to be one "e" short for a title. :/

I have a Silhouette, and no, I still buy alphas. I have a penchant for Thickers and Doodlebug letters. Plus they've already got adhesive on them and it saves time. The only thing I've really used my Silhouette for lately is vinyls. I'm generally too lazy to get everything out to be able to use it! LOL!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Off I go, into the wild tab yonder...

I really want some ice cream. Stupid PMS.

So, for my first day of class, I arrive 15 minutes early and decided to get my parking validated first so that I wouldn't have to on the way out.

I'm glad I did because I parked in the wrong ramp and had to go move my car. I was fine with all of this, but when I got to my car, I lost it and started crying for no reason.

STUPID HORMONES! LOL!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• MelissaW Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • Claggy Said:

I'll say!

I have a Silhouette, and no, I still buy alphas. I have a penchant for Thickers and Doodlebug letters. Plus they've already got adhesive on them and it saves time. The only thing I've really used my Silhouette for lately is vinyls. I'm generally too lazy to get everything out to be able to use it! LOL!

I'm with Melissa on the alphas-thanks to my friend Minday who got me addicted to Thickers and their counterparts. I use my Cricut for flowers, and other embellies. I love my Elegant Edges cart-just got a month ago!! I especially use it for cards. I does tend to take me more time to use it, because I have to think about it a lot.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• MelissaW Said:

So, for my first day of class, I arrive 15 minutes early and decided to get my parking validated first so that I wouldn't have to on the way out.

I'm glad I did because I parked in the wrong ramp and had to go move my car. I was fine with all of this, but when I got to my car, I lost it and started crying for no reason.

STUPID HORMONES! LOL!

Poor Mel!!

Tomorrow will be a better day, and next time you'll know where to park and where to find your car.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Anna C

mms at page 8

I'm sorry I fizzled last month; will try to continue catching up and this month, too.
Spring is finally here, I think. Again, within a week or so we had freeze warnings and temps in the 80s. It seems to have settled into a normal Michigan spring; 60-70 during the day, 40s at night. Lovely! I've been mowing at least half the lawn during the day. I figure it's good exercise; I told husband not to expect it all summer long, especially on those 90/extra humid days, but we'll see. We've also been digging out the sod/grass in our backyard; there's a filled-in pool and we're going to plant a veggie garden where the pool used to be, inside the concrete patio. It's a lot of work, but we need to get it done and get the plants planted; they're all started and ended up on our dressers to keep them away from the baby and the cat!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

• MelissaW Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • Claggy Said:

I'll say!

Well that's an understatement! LOL. Of course, you're no Minday when it comes to thickers. he he

I love my cricut. But I don't use it as often as I should. I tried to go cold turkey on thickers -- lasted about 3 months. I couldn't do it. I didn't a fix.

I rarely buy stickers. But I love flowers, buttons, metal items, bling, etc etc etc.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Pookahbot

Got stuck play an unscheduled match tonight. PUlled my achilles (AGAIN) -- sucks b/c I have a match in the am. Knew I should've said no. After tomorrow, I'm taking a week off to try and rest my ankle. Will be playing lots of tennis when we get to states.

Will catch up with gallery love tomorrow.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Claggy

I've been battling a migraine since Saturday, so I've got lots of catching up to do, again. I promised myself not to get behind this month, but apparently the head did not get the memo.

in my daughter's eyes By LyndaMarie

B By LyndaMarie

Knee Deep By LyndaMarie

Perpetual Motion By LyndaMarie

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to NVyankee

I am ACU!!!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

and I'm acu too

And hope school goes better tomorrow, Melissa

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to scrapperbee

ACU2H

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to Anna C

woo-hoo I am acu

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• MelissaW Said:

STUPID HORMONES! LOL!

::hair pat:: there is nothing more unsettling than not being able to find your car in a parking lot, especially at night. Get some rest!

Thanks for all your feedback about the die cuts. I have a big shot and several dies. Love it, but like Claggy mentioned, getting everything out is a hassle, esp since I'm limited on space! I still want a die cut (I haven't made my mind up as to which one...I have different reasons for wanting both machines) but it might have ti wait til my birthday in November. I've invested so. Much. Money. already, and I've only been scrapping for a couple months!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to LesleyC

Tomorrow is over the hump day. Now if it was next week this day, I'd be celebrating!

Enjoy everyone-sending hugs to all of you!

Hope that's enough!

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to Claggy

DOO

Sweet Girl By Njr007

TFL

isnthisfun
Diva
isnthisfun
In response to njr007

I need to open so many tabs...when I read the chatter I have so many things I want to say and then by the time it's time to say something I forget half the stuff!!

Mel some days the hormones just do us like that... I'm sure you've explained before but what are you in school for?

Anna that is a bummer about the web access! I try to be very careful about getting on the web at work but I know somebody, somewhere is monitoring everything! I won't even get on FB or gmail b/c that's personal stuff but I do peek in here once in a while.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to jamariel

I would really love to sign up for this challenge again. I have missed doing challenges and getting pages done. I hope it's not to late.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Pam in TX

• Pam in TX Said:

NO!!!!!

Wuv ya Pam.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

It's 3:50 a.m. I'm finally ACU and now JCI. I left gallery love and will leave 'life' love later on today.

BBL

CBTN -

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to sasload4

Morning!

acu

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Lenethren

Good morning! JCI before I get ready for work.

Have a great day ladies!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to isnthisfun

• isnthisfun Said:

Mel some days the hormones just do us like that... I'm sure you've explained before but what are you in school for?

I'm going for an Associate's in Art & New Media with a primary focus in Web Design & Interactive Media and a secondary focus in Web Production Technology. Mouthful, right? LOL. I eventually plan to transfer that to a 4-year university and get my Bachelor's in E-Business Design with a minor in Marketing.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to justLyn

• LyndaMarie Said:
I've been battling a migraine since Saturday, so I've got lots of catching up to do, again. I promised myself not to get behind this month, but apparently the head did not get the memo.

in my daughter's eyes By LyndaMarie

B By LyndaMarie

Knee Deep By LyndaMarie

Perpetual Motion By LyndaMarie

Hope you start feeling better soon, Lynn!~

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to sasload4

Still page 8 for love.

Here are my couple:

strike a pose! By Pookahbot

{egg}cellent *Twisted Sketches* By Pookahbot

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Pookahbot

So exicted to be back online here from work. Not sure how long it will last, but gonna enjoy it while I can.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Anna C

The mini for the NSD challenge...

Captured Moments By Lenethren

Off to take our bunnies, Sir Frankenbun and Pipsqueak to the vet. Pippi for an eye infection and Frankie because Pip gets aggressive without him beside him lol. This is the third trip and the vet is an hour away, I hope they finally figure out the cause.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Edited by Lenethren on 05-09-12 09:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Lenethren

All caught up on love!

LesleyC: I have both a Silhouette and a Cricut. I like them both for different purposes but I would definately choose the Silhouette over the Cricut. I love the variety of fonts that I have since I can use the ones off my computer and the shapes in the online store aren't that expensive. 99 cents each or you can buy a subscription. I did the one where you pay $12 for 50 diecuts every month. Its a great and cheap way to build up your stash. Plus they come out with new designs every month. I do however use letter stickers and Thickers for some of my layouts...I like the convenience and the dimension too. Plus I have a TON of them!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to godschild94

Hi ladies -- ugggy day. My achilles was hurting after last nights match. Well I really hurt it today. I'm so scared that it might be torn. I'm going to not play tennis for at least 10 days. I can't be injured for states.

Well jersey wanted to commiserate and she can't weight bear on a back paw, it's all swollen.

Stuck now waiting on AC guys -- I have a MMG at 2:30 and got to drop Jerey off at vet. UGH. It's gonna be tight.

See ya later- sorry for *itching.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to jazzescrapper

• jazzescrapper Said:
I would really love to sign up for this challenge again. I have missed doing challenges and getting pages done. I hope it's not to late.

Sue -- welcome back!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to NVyankee

Hi ladies, staying caught up.

Eileen, hope you're able to get some rest and it's not torn, know how much you're looking forward to state. Take care of yourself.

Anna, glad you have internet access again, maybe it was just a glitch yesterday, enjoy.

Welcome back Sue! ACU...see ya later

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Tena E.

Here's one I finished last night

Sweet Daughter By Pam In TX

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Pam in TX

mms

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Afternoon, all!

ACU -- boy, that's much less headache inducing when I don't try to love on 15 gallery pages at once. 8?)

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm eagerly awaiting consistently warm weather here! Good problem to have: I've lost a lot of weight over the past 9 months, and none of my cold weather clothes fit -- they are all at least 2 sizes too big. My summer clothes are true to size -- let's get a move on summer, shall we?

Eileen, take care of that ankle!

Anna, welcome back from the no-Internet zone!

Looking forward to "meeting" more of you as we go on. I've got a LO of my maternal grandmother to post. I was looking for a good pic of my mom to scrap for Mothers Day, and came across one of my grandmother that I don't recall seeing. It's such a cool photo (aren't all grandmother shots "cool"?), but I do not have good letters for the title! My title block is on a Spellbinders die cut piece and it's too small for my big letters, but my little letters are too small to be title-ish. **See Lesley justify a die-cut machine!** Maybe I'll just hand-write or type the title and then color that in. IDK...

Has anyone asked for anything scrappy for Mothers Day? I don't dare ask for anything, but I have the feeling I'm getting a gift card to one of the box stores. Archivers is next to DH's golf store, so my guess is he made a double-stop there the other day. But I won't hold my breath; I'm very blessed he hasn't said a word about the charges at Michaels, HL and Jo-Ann's...

Have a great afternoon!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to LesleyC

doo

story time "spring pink challenge" By Twinlets Mama

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Lesley -- didn't ask for anything scrappy. I don't think there's much I don't have. LOL!! I did ask for a new mail box.

Jeez it's pouring here. Hopefully we won't lose power. Of course, I have tuna steak marinating that I was planning on grilling.

Guess what my darling ds did today. I've felt kind of icky since yesterday. Never even got groceries (non-perishables) put away. Brendan not only put them away but reorganized and cleaned my pantry. It looks great. What a guy. Seriously, he's almost 15. So anyone with a daughter in the right age range -- this one's a KEEPER!!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to NVyankee

JCI. I drew an elephant that actually looked like an elephant in class today. If you ever saw me draw, you would know this is a pretty big deal. LOL

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

Dropping off 3 LO's. I'm getting pretty good at doing 3 LO's a night now.
Wonderful By Msnickers2
Sweet like sugar By Msnickers2
Me & Marley @ Hole in the Rock Park By Msnickers2

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Lesley -- didn't ask for anything scrappy. I don't think there's much I don't have. LOL!! I did ask for a new mail box.

Jeez it's pouring here. Hopefully we won't lose power. Of course, I have tuna steak marinating that I was planning on grilling.

Guess what my darling ds did today. I've felt kind of icky since yesterday. Never even got groceries (non-perishables) put away. Brendan not only put them away but reorganized and cleaned my pantry. It looks great. What a guy. Seriously, he's almost 15. So anyone with a daughter in the right age range -- this one's a KEEPER!!

Heck, when It comes to Brendan, I almost wish I 15! He is so amazing and CUTE! A real keeper!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

I would like to take a moment to pay homage to one of my favorite children's book authors-Maurice Sendek. He created such classics as Chicken Soup With Rice and his most famous Where the Wild Things Are. I actually have this book memorized due to the multiple readings over the years.

Mr. Sendek-May you Rest In Peace

Where The Wild Things Are By Claggy

Do not feel the need to comment. I did this quite awhile back. But I wanted to share as a tribute.
Thanks!

Edited by Claggy on 05-09-12 03:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 4 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics