Page 5 of 10 
Username Post: May Very Laid Back Challenge --Closed and having fun        (Topic#1574395)
Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to jazzescrapper

• jazzescrapper Said:
I would really love to sign up for this challenge again. I have missed doing challenges and getting pages done. I hope it's not to late.

HI Sue!!!!!!!!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

I would like to take a moment to pay homage to one of my favorite children's book authors-Maurice Sendek. He created such classics as Chicken Soup With Rice and his most famous Where the Wild Things Are. I actually have this book memorized due to the multiple readings over the years.

Mr. Sendek-May you Rest In Peace and may your books endure for generations.

Where The Wild Things Are By Claggy

Do not feel the need to comment. I did this quite awhile back. But I wanted to share as a tribute.
Thanks!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

Thread Hog Alert!

Finished a new last night. The colors are much more vibrant irl. Lighting is not good this time of day.

*Dad & Daughter By Claggy

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Claggy

I'm ACU

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
I'm ACU

Me, too -- WOOT!

And Eileen, Brendan does sound like a keeper! Makes me hopeful that by the time DD is old enough to date (gasp!) there will still be some well mannered young men left.

Dropping one off -- finally figured out what to do with the title, and I'm reasonably happy with it (but still want a die-cut machine).

Grandma's Outlook By LesleyC

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to isnthisfun

• isnthisfun Said:
I need to open so many tabs...when I read the chatter I have so many things I want to say and then by the time it's time to say something I forget half the stuff!!

Mel some days the hormones just do us like that... I'm sure you've explained before but what are you in school for?

Anna that is a bummer about the web access! I try to be very careful about getting on the web at work but I know somebody, somewhere is monitoring everything! I won't even get on FB or gmail b/c that's personal stuff but I do peek in here once in a while.

Me too, LOL! I always have reply's I wanna post but by the time I catch up w/commenting I've forgotten what I wanted 2 comment on or what I wanted 2 say! So glad to learn I'm not the only one who that happens too, lol!!

Back to leaving love now...

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to sasload4

i've gotten behind again

dropping one off, going to get some chores done, then I'll get back here to read the chatter and leave some loving. enjoy the rest of the evening.

Pink challenge - Colour-coded By Cveira

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • MelissaW Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • Claggy Said:
Nice little bomb there Shalene!

I'll say!

Those of you with a cricut or silhouette: do you find that you spend less money on letter stickers and embellies since you got your machine? I find letter stickers so limiting, not to mention "consumable". And I always seem to be one "e" short for a title. :/

I have a Silhouette, and no, I still buy alphas. I have a penchant for Thickers and Doodlebug letters. Plus they've already got adhesive on them and it saves time. The only thing I've really used my Silhouette for lately is vinyls. I'm generally too lazy to get everything out to be able to use it! LOL!

I'm with Melissa on the alphas-thanks to my friend Minday who got me addicted to Thickers and their counterparts. I use my Cricut for flowers, and other embellies. I love my Elegant Edges cart-just got a month ago!! I especially use it for cards. I does tend to take me more time to use it, because I have to think about it a lot.

For me, having the cricut is nice, but I use it 4 more custom accents & paper piecings than titles since I have an insane addiction to Alpha's-they are my FAV scrapbooking supply & I have amassed a enormous collection of them over the years! I love mixing & matching them & making unique titles w/them. I can't say that having the Cricut really saves me much $ but then again it was a gift from my DH, so I try to use it whenever I can. ; ]

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
There are kit clubs that cater to scraps of elegance/darkness.

Darkness - is lots of distressing, darker colors, grunge. Please chime in with your thoughts.

Elegance -- kind of what it says. Lots of bling,, flourishes. sparkly.

I believe they both have challenges here -- I'd peruse their gallery for ideas.

As for albums -- all my lo's are either put in a chronological or vacation album. So when I do a lo for a challenge -- it still meets a purpose for me. I don't do a lo specifically for a challenge that doesn't meet my needs. Does that make sense.

I kinda have the same view of this as Eileen. I don't scrap LO's that don't serve a purpose for me or my family. All the LO's I do for sb.com challenges are LO's that I already plan to scrap for my albums or for a gift I'm working on.
Only when I was a designer 4 a scrapbooking blog did I ever make LO's that I wouldn't have normally, but even then, the majority of what I scrapped went into my albums. The one or 2 LO's that didn't really fit into any of my scrapbooks I framed & hung up in my house as creative art. Hope that helps.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
DS is feeling better this morning. Loaded him up with afrin, motrin, mucinex (which he says is the best stuff on earth! lol).

Told him to call me if he needs to be picked up early.

They are getting so close to exam time - I really hate for him to miss any school.

Your son is absolutely right-it's not cheap, but Mucinex is the best thing out there! It works 4 me every time w/out fail. I don't know how I ever got along w/o it, lol! He'll feel better real soon! ; ]

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to jamariel

ACU--and tomorrow night I really hope to scrap!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to scrapperbee

Lesley -- there are lots are well mannered men left in the world. My sons have wonderful friends. I'm so impressed by the yes ma'am & yes sirs when they are at my house.

And I agree -- Brendan is almost 15 with a "steady" girlfriend though they've never been on an official date. LOL.
My 16 year old hasn't really dated yet either. He's been to a formal & a few dances but that's it.

No rush in my book -- lots of time to date.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to ncyankee

alright, FINALLY ACU on leavin' love, whoo-hoo!! **doing my little happy dance**

LesleyC~I never ask 4 anything 4 mothers day since I only became a Step-mommy a little over a year ago, but this year the munchkin, (he's 8), made me a beautiful gift. He decorated a cross w/multi-colored shells and glitter dust. It's so pretty & just the fact that he thought of me makes my heart melt.

Melissa~congrats on the elephant drawing! Drawing is not one of my many talents so I totally understand what you mean, lol!

Dyana-hope the bunnies are doing better & healing after the latest visit to the vet.

Genie~a veggie garden in the former pool sounds kinda cool. let us know how that project progresses & be sure to include pics too if you can. Would love 2 see that!

LyndaMarie~hope your migraine has subsided some. I used to suffer from only mild ones so my heart goes out to you girl. [HUGS]

Eileen~get off your feet & rest up so you can kick some tennis butt @ State. We can't have you overdoing it & ruining yourself before the big match!

ok, enough thread hogging 4 me for one day Going to retire from the internet til tomorrow. Have a good evening everyone!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to jamariel

• jamariel Said:

LesleyC~I never ask 4 anything 4 mothers day since I only became a Step-mommy a little over a year ago, but this year the munchkin, (he's 8), made me a beautiful gift. He decorated a cross w/multi-colored shells and glitter dust. It's so pretty & just the fact that he thought of me makes my heart melt.

So freaking sweet!! I guess I never ask for anything either, but if DH ever asks I know what to hint for. actually I told DD we will be planting our vegetable garden and doing a stepping stone project that I bought last year. That will do it for me!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Tena E.

This is a layout I did this past weekend at a crop.
This is my beautiful red-headed granddaughter. (no matter what her daddy says...he insists she is a blonde)

My Apricot BeBe By Pam In TX

Edited by Pam in TX on 05-09-12 08:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

isnthisfun
Diva
isnthisfun
In response to Pam in TX

Jami- of course the solution to my "amnesia" is to open up another tab and write my comments as they come to me but sometimes I'm so lazy...yep, THAT lazy..LOL!

Oh Eileen! I hope it's not torn, stay off of it woman! You worked so hard to get to states...and yes, your boys sound like wonderful young men...gives me hope too since I have 2 very young girls!

Mel that sounds like a good plan! Would you apply it to the art world or design and marketing for something entirely different?

Hmmm I'm sure there was more I wanted to say....but we've already covered this haven't we

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007

Ok for about the next 12 seconds I am ACU

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Claggy

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
  • jazzescrapper Said:
I would really love to sign up for this challenge again. I have missed doing challenges and getting pages done. I hope it's not to late.

Sue -- welcome back!

Thank you so much. I am looking forward to scrapbooking again. I am a new grandmother to a beautiful baby boy and I homeschool my youngest autistic son who was being bullied all last year in 5th grade but the baby is 7 months and plays with his toys and my sons school year is coming to an end and I feel like scrapbooking again. I'm excited to get started again. I have a belated NSBD corp coming up on the 19th and have preplanned pages ready. Thanks again for letting me join in.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

• isnthisfun Said:

Mel that sounds like a good plan! Would you apply it to the art world or design and marketing for something entirely different?

I think the marketing end of things, though I don't know for sure. I guess it'll just depend on where this takes me as I go along. I decided not to have too many decisions predetermined before I got started and I've only had two classes so far, so I'm not sure how this will all work out for me. LOL

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to MeliMedina

Good morning!

Welcome back Sue!

Eileen, hope you don't have a tear. Take care!

Melissa, good luck with your classes!

Hope everyone has a great day!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

doo2
and going back to leave some love

pink challenge*(frostykisses) By Tealbrand

me&dad* By Tealbrand

3 cards By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 05-10-12 05:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-10-12 06:44 AM
In response to tealbrand

Hi there everyone! If you have room for me, I would love to join again. Last month I am afraid I got a bit overwhelmed with all that was going on here at home and trying to catch up. Will try to do better this month!

Tish

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Tishd

Morning,

ACU, and dropping off my first two cards! Did these during Idol with DD, who loves to be my Big Shot Cranker.

Teacher Appreciation Cards - My first two cards!! By LesleyC

Anxiously awaiting a package from Scrapbuck.com. I'm addicted to that site. They just got a bunch of Fancy Pants things in, and I ordered a ton of stuff for $21, plus free shipping. I always get my order the next day.

Welcome, Tish!

Melissa, sounds like a great plan for the classes!

Have a great day everyone! I will be busily updating my business website and cranking out a e-newsletter, so I'll be around today.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to LesleyC

acu

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to jamariel

• jamariel Said:

Melissa~congrats on the elephant drawing! Drawing is not one of my many talents so I totally understand what you mean, lol!

I guess I'm not terrible at it, but I'm a serious perfectionist so nothing ever comes out right to me. LOL. Plus I don't have the patience to do all the tweaking to make it look how I want it to.

But it'll be alright! I'll survive! And I might even share some of my better pieces on here. hehehe

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

I'd love to see your drawings, Melissa!! Drawing is *hard* if it doesn't come easy to you. (Uh, yeah...) I hate when I have a cookie order that requires freehanding -- at least with cut-out cookies, the basic shape is created for me!

Scrapbuck has arrived! Got my Fancypants haul. I should have ordered more of their chipboard alphas. Hopefully they won't be out of them next time I place an order...

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to LesleyC

Lesley--I love Fancy Pants! Now I have to go check out Scrapbuck.com now and see what they have. Thanks for the temptation

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Msnickers2

Dropping off 3 LO's
Night Owl By Msnickers2
Lazy Days By Msnickers2
Rock Star By Msnickers2

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• Msnickers2 Said:
Lesley--I love Fancy Pants! Now I have to go check out Scrapbuck.com now and see what they have. Thanks for the temptation

I know, I agree. I've never heard of Scrapbuck.com either, so I went and checked it out and now its saved to my top sites on the computer. Thanks!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Twinlets Mama

Sweet, ACU now. Heading to my scrappy-space to get started on my next project. Hope everyone is having a great day so far. Be back later

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Shalene's daily three! Yeah!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

doo

Congrats By Twinlets Mama

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Sheesh -- 8 pages behind!! I'm working on catching up.

My final went okay I think, but I won't find out about it or my project for a few days. She has until next Thursday to turn in our grades.

Mel, Amy, Anna, & Eileen, yes, it was 31. I had no idea -- when I was invited, I was told it was a purse party, but there were hardly any purses per se. I ended up buying a weekend tote bag and a thermal tote for the car. I'm not really sold on the quality though because one of her samples already had a broken zipper. Sigh. With as much as everyone seems to dislike going to these things, I'm amazed at how many people are always signing up to be sales reps. I would think it would be nearly impossible to get parties scheduled.

And, Eileen - congrats on state!

Okay - made it to the top of 18 with chatter and tabs open to there. Now I have to run Cassie to dance, so I'll cu more later.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dancinirish90

acu2h

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Anna C

All caught up!

Lisa-Not sure if you saw my one comment on your gallery (I think the house photo) but I think we live close to each other. I'm in Roselle, il. I havent been to a 31 party, but I have looked at catalogs and wondered why I would need my laundry bag to be so fancy! I do like Gigi Hill stuff, though.

Scrapbuck: OMG, that site is such a trap for me. They have great service, too! Last time I ordered, they sent me the wrong paper pad. I sent an email with a photo of what they sent me and they told me to keep the wrong paper and immediately they shipped the one I had ordered. Scrap buck doesn't get a ton of big name stuff, but what they do get is really nice, and it's incredibly reasonable.

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to LesleyC

I just checked out the website for Scrapbuck. I love all there stuff and its at very resonable prices. I really want to go shopping there!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

Here is a layout I did for the British challeng---See if you can spot the hints of Americana in it.

My Little Britcans By Pam In TX

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Pam in TX

Here's my bomb!

Actually, it's my mini for the weekly challenge. You don't have to comment on every page if you don't want to.

10 @ 2012 Cover By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, Inside Cover By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 1 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 2 & 3 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 4 & 5 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 6 & 7 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 8 & 9 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 10 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012 Inside Back Cover By MelissaW

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Wow, lots of chatter and LOTO too.

Welcome back Tish, how is Ann doing? Miss her around here too.

Melissa, good luck with your classes and would love to see your drawings.

Lisa(Irish), I'm sure you did great on your final.

I know I had more I wanted to comment on but it's late and I'm off to bed...goodnight!

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

Okay...it has taken me three days to get caught up.
I am feeling so bad that I've started out so far behind.
This is my first month back doing more than one swap/challenge and I know that I have bitten off more than I can chew.
I have been suffering with pain and other ailments for the past week and I am not sure how much longer the malaise is going to last. My husband has been feeling icky too for several days and when he went to the doctor yesterday the doctor suspects it's mono...yippee..sorry for the sarcastic tone but that's all that I can seem to manage right now.
So I apologize right now if I seem to drop off and don't keep up.
I have a couple of things to share, but I won't flood the thread with everything I have, the others are in my gallery.

I also apologize for not keeping up with the comments...but I am so happy for everyone's accomplishments and my heart goes out to all those who are facing trials and tribulations right now. *Hugs* for all of us!

Thanks for your understanding
Here is a couple of my favorite layouts I've done
4th of July 2006 By Renbear

Nicole's Birthday 2002 By Renbear

I hope everyone has a great day!
~Ren

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• MelissaW Said:
Here's my bomb!

Actually, it's my mini for the weekly challenge. You don't have to comment on every page if you don't want to.

10 @ 2012 Cover By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, Inside Cover By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 1 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 2 & 3 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 4 & 5 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 6 & 7 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 8 & 9 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012, 10 By MelissaW

10 @ 2012 Inside Back Cover By MelissaW

Freakin' A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

JCI

Leaving life love as I'm all caught up in gallery love. Please bare with me as I'm going back a few pages.

SHALENE - Working and not being paid for it is very ILLEGAL. You should read up on your states labour laws just in case it happens again.

TENA - Next time you make such an awesome Quiche don't forget to invite us. I don't know about anyone else but I was drooling!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your win.

CLAGGY - Welcome to my boat. I'm so tech savvy that I amaze myself...NOT!!! LOL.

LISA - I don't attend product house parties if I can help it. Usually way toooo expensive and I'm generally not a fan of the product. I do have a couple of 31 bags that have worked out well for taking items to crops.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your win.
What are you going to school for?

MEL - Hope you are feeling better.

EILEEN - CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your win to state.
Hope you didn't tear your achilles. Rest up well and be ready to kick hiney at state.
Paper towels or toilet paper, my cats are eager to show the family how well their war claws work. Only at Christmas do they now get to shred a roll of toilet paper!
Great job on raising such well mannered gentlemen!!
I love Jeopardy. I amaze myself when I answer questions correctly. Guess I was listening at school. lol.
How are your fur babies doing?

LESLEY C - When I do challenges I somehow make the LOs and photos work within the challenge and then placed into the subject matter album. I do not scrap in order it drives me nuts, I scrap whatever takes my fancy at the time.

NANCY - Can you imagine what life is going to be like for a super smart 2 year old? Not very happy at all, the pressure to that one more thing will be unbearable. Poor wee thing!!

ANNA C - Hope it was just a burp with the computer that you couldn't get this site at work, I mean what are you to do when all your work is done by 10:00 a.m.? LOL.

MELISSA - CONGRAULATIONS!!! on your win.
When life throws you lemons and screwed up hormones, put the lemons in your bra, and for the hormones a good dose of dark chocolate is often a winner.

Whooooo I'm done. ACU now I'm off to bed.

BBL

CBTN -

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to sasload4

TGIF By Anna C

isnthisfun
Diva
isnthisfun

• MelissaW Said:
  • isnthisfun Said:

I think the marketing end of things, though I don't know for sure. I guess it'll just depend on where this takes me as I go along. I decided not to have too many decisions predetermined before I got started and I've only had two classes so far, so I'm not sure how this will all work out for me. LOL

Actually that sounds like the perfect approach! I've considered going back to school for the nurse anesthetist but the idea of writing papers and long clinical days is too much for me!! Good on ya Mel!

isnthisfun
Diva
isnthisfun

Anna I remember that ad...so funny! Unfortunately today is my Monday...bleh..

I'm wayyyy back on pg 11 or 12!

Well off to work I go...have a great weekend ladies if I don't "see" you before!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:

When life throws you lemons and screwed up hormones, put the lemons in your bra, and for the hormones a good dose of dark chocolate is often a winner.

That was THE BEST ADVICE EVER! I really needed the pick-me-up today. I don't want to get into it, but it's been a rough week and I have a crazy family that sometimes gets to me. I've gone into it before. I don't want to dampen anyone else's day with it, but this made me smile so thank you for that!

• Anna C Said:

Truth. I am very much looking forward to this weekend. We have lots of planned down time, which I think we ALL need.

Alright. You all who said you wouldn't mind seeing, here is the elephant I am so proud of! LOL!

Elephant Sketch By MelissaW

I didn't post it for commenting, so again, only if you want to.

Ren, I hope you feel better soon! I had mono as a teenager and it was AWFUL! Achy, tired, crabby... take care of yourself. We will be here when you are feeling better!

HAVE AN AWESOME, SPECTACULAR, SPLENDIFEROUS FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

{{hugs}} Mel, and I hope you have a fabulous, restful, awesome weekend!! Your elephant is *awesome*!!! I could only dream of drawing like that!

doo

under the weather By Twinlets Mama

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Dropping of my album for the weekly NSD challenge..

Remember This 2012 Album By Byondbzr

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Talk about a SLOTO!! I really feel the urge to get scrapping even though I'm so far behind on commenting so I'll be doing a bit at a time with my computer next to me at my table.

Lesley, we aren't far from each other at all. I'm in Mundelein.

Ren, sorry you are feeling so yukky - get better soon!

Sandra, I have a double BA in Psychology and Business, but I haven't worked in 18 years. So, I'm working on a Paralegal certificate. I think I'd rather work in a corporate legal department than in a law firm, but I'm not sure yet. I would really like to continue NOT working. LOL But, sadly, I don't think that will be an option.

Eileen, Cassie just turned 15 you know...

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

DOO!

The Sweetest Face By MelissaW

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

d3o

cheese By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

38 By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

kewl glasses By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Happy Friday everyone, and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

Think i want to just crawl in the bed right about now. have a good evening. xoxoxo

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to cveira

ACU on leaving love & dropping off my latest...

Play Date By Jamariel

Have a good night peeps!

Edited by jamariel on 05-11-12 04:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to jamariel

MMS

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

I am acu!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

• MelissaW Said:
  • sasload4 Said:

That was THE BEST ADVICE EVER! I really needed the pick-me-up today. I don't want to get into it, but it's been a rough week and I have a crazy family that sometimes gets to me. I've gone into it before. I don't want to dampen anyone else's day with it, but this made me smile so thank you for that!

• Anna C Said:

Truth. I am very much looking forward to this weekend. We have lots of planned down time, which I think we ALL need.

Alright. You all who said you wouldn't mind seeing, here is the elephant I am so proud of! LOL!

Elephant Sketch By MelissaW

I didn't post it for commenting, so again, only if you want to.

Ren, I hope you feel better soon! I had mono as a teenager and it was AWFUL! Achy, tired, crabby... take care of yourself. We will be here when you are feeling better!

HAVE AN AWESOME, SPECTACULAR, SPLENDIFEROUS FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Melissa, glad the pig made you smile! I love those commericals! Your elephant looks awesome!! I can barely draw a straight line!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Anna C

I just came here to tell you that I was editing a photo from 2008 of my husband and son to print. As I hit print, I noticed my husband's fly is down. I'm scrapping it anyway!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• MelissaW Said:
I just came here to tell you that I was editing a photo from 2008 of my husband and son to print. As I hit print, I noticed my husband's fly is down. I'm scrapping it anyway!

That is funny! Now we will all be looking closely at photos of your DH!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Claggy

Hi all!

Thank goodness it's the weekend, although it will be a busy and fun one! I got two LOs done tonight, and will probably do a Sunday night bomb. Tomorrow, DD and I are shopping for vege plants, going to "touch a truck" at a local park, she has her dance recital in the afternoon and then my folks are coming over for an early dinner. Sunday, we are planting (and I'm not ashamed to say I bought the perfect gardening paper before we planted our garden!), making a stepping stone, and then going to my sil's for dinner. I will be glad when it's Sunday night and I'm watching mad men before bedtime!

Doing this from memory, please bear with me!
Melissa-that elephant is insanely good! I hope your weekend improves. I know all about crazy family. Hugs!

Christine-sorry for the rough week!

Lisa-I'm so impressed with your school work! I couldn't handle it at this point in my life. Corporate legal would definitely be interesting! And Mundelein is not far at all...are u thinking of going to Scrapbook expo in August?

Ok, that is all I can muster...have a great nights,

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

Are you titling it, "XYZPDQ"??

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Hi ladies -- jci to say hello. I'm in Blacksburg, VA. My nephew graduated from Va Tech this morning. And this evening was commissioned an ensign in the United States NAvy. So proud of him and the 98 other graduates who were commissioned today.

Totally exhausted. NOt catching up on chatter or lo's until later.

But thought I'd post a new challenge.

Go monochromatic! You choose the color -- this is a really hard one for me. But lately I've been seeing all these great monochromatic lo's.

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:

My favorite commercial! Whenever I see this, I can't help but

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

Melissa--You did a great job on the drawing of the elephant. If I were to draw one it would probably look like a deranged snowman. You should be really proud of the picture!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Hi Everyone.

All caught up on gallery love!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Happy Mother`s Day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Lenethren

Good moring!

Lots to do today! Busy, busy, busy!

Hope everyone has a great day!

acu2h

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Anna C

Morning all,

Oooh, a new challenge! I like it. Now to pick a topic and a color....

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to LesleyC

Good Morning ladies!

I have two graduations to attend today. Both are for former students. This is part of what makes my job worthwhile. Students who remember there grade school teachers and invite them to attend their graduations! One of the kiddos has a full ride for engineering to OK State Univ. The other was from a completely messed family, but was being raised by his grandma when I got him in 3rd grade. He's going into the navy. We were afraid he'd not make it through HS. He would come by after school (7th -8th grade) so I could help him with his math homework. Super proud of these two!!! This is what makes my career meaningful. But it's easy to forget that when others make it SO DIFFICULT!!

We have friends arriving from CA tomorrow. I need to shop for our dinner. Fortunately, they have opted to stay at a hotel. Our spare beds are only twins, but we are working on getting a day bed.

Got to finish my cards. They are too important for a store bought mass produced one!!

TTFN!

Edited by Claggy on 05-12-12 05:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Claggy

Wow Nancy you are so right -- that would make all the [email protected] worthwhile in my book too.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Hi there everyone! If you have room for me, I would love to join again. Last month I am afraid I got a bit overwhelmed with all that was going on here at home and trying to catch up. Will try to do better this month!

Tish

Hi Tish -- welcome back. I was worried about you! Don't try and catch from the beginning (unless you have all the time in the world) -- just jump on in.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • Claggy Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

I was thinking more along the lines of "You so fly!"

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Thanks everyone, for the compliments on the elephant.

Well I feel somewhat better about the family junk this morning. My Mom actually admitted to me that I wasn't all that wrong about what I said to my sister and that I'm allowed my own opinions, whether they agree with her, my sister, or anyone else. It made me feel better, at least. (For those that don't know, I have a sister with bipolar who generally directs her "rage cycles" to me, so I have to keep her at an arm's length to spare my own feelings... I try not to be hurt because I know a good part of it she doesn't mean, but it's hard because she gets pretty darn nasty. Anyway, enough of that!)

Now if the rain would just clear up so I could go for a quick run and then work out in the yard!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Ok - so in a few I'll be all caught up.

Lesley -- sounds like a busy day.

Melissa --- great elephant. Loved your mini

Rebecca -- fab mini.

You both did a fantastic job!

Off to another graduation ceremony. Can't wait to see the graduates. Left them last night -- they were having a great time with a game of Thumper. Think the heads might be pounding this morning

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

One more thing -- then the thread hog must get a moving.

See who's # 1 on Hot Topics!! ----- OH yeah that would be US!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• MelissaW Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • Claggy Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

roflol- both titles would be great!!!!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

One I got done last night!

* PINK challenge * anna's tulips By MelissaW

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

Good Saturday morning! Thought I would pop in here and catch up. I feel like this month is absolutely flying by with all we've been doing. To add to all the stress I ended up pulling my son out of school two weeks ago. There were some situations that were becoming very unhealthy for him to be there and I was getting no help at all from the administration or the teachers. I am not one to easily do something like this. As a former teacher I highly value our schools and educators, but this situation was going from bad to worse and I figured I would rather pull him and finish the year out home schooling him then to let it get out of control. Next year will be a new school, new state, new start and hopefully a different and positive atmosphere. That being said, I was not prepared to add teaching to my list of things to do the month we are getting ready to move! LOL

Nancy- have fun at those graduations. My first year of teaching I taught 2nd grade at a private school and went back for my students graduations about 4 years ago. More than half of my class was still there so it was fun to see them. Now I am getting college grad announcements from them. I am feeling old! It does make the daily task of teaching totally worth it though.

Melissa- Pretty funny about your picture. I think everyone is anxious to see how this layout turns out. Hope your situation with your sister and family can get better. It is a hard thing to feel the empathy with where she is at, but still need to put up the boundaries to keep the situation healthy for you.

Eileen- How is the foot feeling? Hope you are taking it easy.

Finished a layout yesterday and hope to find some time later this afternoon to work. I still have so much to do for my niece's graduation albumand it is not getting done. I have given up on the idea of having it completed. I really need to start organizing my stuff to pack.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to lpeeps

Afternoon ladies! Just checking in here and getting caught up before I spent the rest of my day scrapping! I do have to make a few mother's day cards but other than that it is free play time!

To everyone who is crazy busy with graduations, enjoy! Difficult to believe it is that time of year already.

Woo hoo on us being #1! We sure are a talkative bunch...which is what I love about us!

Melissa - Your elephant rocked!

Eileen - Great challenge! It will definately be a challenge for me.

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to godschild94

Note to self-check in everyday and you won't get 5 pages behind....

I am caught on up love-read all the chatter but now I forgot what I wanted to comment on

Except-I know why we are #1 thread-you ladies are TALKERS!!!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• MelissaW Said:

Well I feel somewhat better about the family junk this morning. My Mom actually admitted to me that I wasn't all that wrong about what I said to my sister and that I'm allowed my own opinions, whether they agree with her, my sister, or anyone else. It made me feel better, at least. (For those that don't know, I have a sister with bipolar who generally directs her "rage cycles" to me, so I have to keep her at an arm's length to spare my own feelings... I try not to be hurt because I know a good part of it she doesn't mean, but it's hard because she gets pretty darn nasty. Anyway, enough of that!)

Now if the rain would just clear up so I could go for a quick run and then work out in the yard!

As you know I too have a bipolar sister. She is toxic to everyone. We had file a restraining order against her being near my mom's house because she was becoming violent. She says what she wants, does what she wants, and behaves how she wants forget the consequences to anyone (including herself). I told her I will help get treatment to be better, but don't ask for anything else. I have to keep her at arm's length also. We have been put in bad situations because of her. I can empathize, honestly!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Claggy

Here is my latest:

Pink Challenge "Be Mine" By Lcmemories

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

As you know I too have a bipolar sister. She is toxic to everyone. We had file a restraining order against her being near my mom's house because she was becoming violent. She says what she wants, does what she wants, and behaves how she wants forget the consequences to anyone (including herself). I told her I will help get treatment to be better, but don't ask for anything else. I have to keep her at arm's length also. We have been put in bad situations because of her. I can empathize, honestly!

The arm's length thing is really hard, especially when she throws it in my face that I'm "not close enough to her" to understand what she's going through. She isn't the first person I have known with bipolar (one of whom I was in a relationship and lived with for 4 years of my life), so I know how much work it is to stay stable and that you have to keep everything in a very easily destroyed balance. She doesn't want to put in the work to even find the stability, and she expects that after trying only 3 medications that she'll have found one that fits without ever having been to a psychiatrist.

Yeah after she threw that statement to me, maybe not intentionally digging in the knife that I have to keep those boundaries, which I really hate to do because I love her, I cried for almost a whole day. Then my Mom also called me and told me I let myself be victimized by her and that if I stopped holding her responsible for her actions and words to me, then life would be easier. Yeah, except she would walk all over me like she does the rest of the world.

Today Mom basically changed her story, though. I felt better, but I came pretty close to changing my cell phone number on Thursday. It was ridiculous!

My sister does the whole as she wants, when she wants, darn the consequences thing, too. I really worry that at some point, she is going to cross the wrong person and end up seriously hurt or dead. But I can't do anything to help her other than what I am doing, so I try not to whine or complain about it too much. This week was just particularly hard is all.

to you for having to go through something similar! It really takes its toll, doesn't it!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Hi ladies -- jci to say hello. I'm in Blacksburg, VA. My nephew graduated from Va Tech this morning. And this evening was commissioned an ensign in the United States NAvy. So proud of him and the 98 other graduates who were commissioned today.

Totally exhausted. NOt catching up on chatter or lo's until later.

But thought I'd post a new challenge.

Go monochromatic! You choose the color -- this is a really hard one for me. But lately I've been seeing all these great monochromatic lo's.

great challenge, eileen! I'm up for that one!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• Msnickers2 Said:
  • Anna C Said:

My favorite commercial! Whenever I see this, I can't help but

I giggle when I see this commercial, too. One of my faves. i don't see it often enough!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

Tish

Hi Tish, glad to see you. I too was a bit worried about you. I know Ann is busy with her etsy store tell her hi for me.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:

I love this. The piggies name is Maxwell and we have a furbaby called Maxwell. So inevitably every time this ad plays on tv someones says Hey Max you're on tv.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• MelissaW Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • Claggy Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

Bwahahahah!!!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to jazzescrapper

• jazzescrapper Said:

Hi Sue, we've missed you. I know how busy you are taking such wonderful care of your family. You're such a strong and kindhearted person I love to hear your stories too.

I also wanted to thank you for the awesome comments you left me on my PL pages. I am enjoying it more this year than in previous years and i don't take the pic a day anymore. I found that it was too pressuring to actually find a pic a day that actually had some significance so i just make it a weekly spread and that way i can take pics as i go along, or just record a specific event that happened that week. Oh, and i cheat sometimes too. :-)

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to LesleyC

Have some to drop off

Abuelita By Njr007

2012 Mini Cover Page By Njr007
2012 Mini Pages 2-3 By Njr007
2012 Mini Pages 4-5 By Njr007
2012 Mini Pages 6-7 By Njr007
2012 Mini Pages 8-9 By Njr007
2012 Mini Pages 10-11 By Njr007

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to njr007

jci

Norma, I'll be back later to check out your gorgeous projects. There's a little voice crying, alerting me to the fact nap time is over!! And it was a long one today! oi!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to lcmemories

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to godschild94

Evening everyone

Captured Moments album pages By Lenethren

Mother`s Day ATCs By Lenethren

Goodnight!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Lenethren

My homework is done! (Wish I could say the same for my housework.) I get to scrap a bit tonight, then I am working out in the yard tomorrow (because I want to and NEED to and my husband would kill or cut down EVERYTHING) but I have some scrappy time scheduled in, as well.

Hope everyone has most excellent plans for Mother's Day!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

DOO!

Happy Mother's Day cards By MelissaW

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Hi ladies -- boy was graduation LONG! But how exciting. This was my nephew/godson that graduated and I've always been close to him. So exciting.

My brother is bringing Brian back to school for me - he'll be passing right by and I'll be heading back to NC shortly. Brian will be home in less than 3 weeks----- so excited.

Lisa (peeps) -- glad you're doing what is best for your son. And how great he'll have a new start next year.

Had lots more to say but it's all gone now! LOL

BTW -- thanks for asking about the ankle. But we've done some serious walking this weekend and it hurts. Bummer. But I am going to try and rest it this week and then I have a weekend crop coming up.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to ncyankee

Happy Mothers Day!

We don't go out to eat on Mother's Day, too crowded and busy but we will go next weekend.

So I got coffee in bed and now dh and my dad are up on the roof doing repairs before the sun gets unbearable. Hurricane season is just around the corner, so we want to make sure all is in order.
Picking up chinese for lunch and plan to disappear later in my scrap room. Megs has 3 sets of exams this week so she's locked away studying.

Have a wonderful day ladies. Love you all. xoxoxox

Page 5 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics