Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: NEW/OPEN Ribbon ,fiber and twine Swap (Flaker free)        (Topic#1576241)
moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Real easy, flaker free ribbon and Fiber Swap.

Each item is to be cut to 24 inches in length.

Send in a 24 inch piece of ribbon, and get back a different 24 inch piece of ribbon.

You can send in up to 6 piece of the same ribbon, fiber or twine.
If you send in 24 piece of ribbon, you will get back 24 different pieces of ribbon. If you send in 10, you will get back 10 different types of ribbon.If you send in 50, you will get back 50....

Same with fiber and twine. Send in 24 inch pieces, and get back different 24 inch pieces. Maximum of 6 identical. Please make sure your items are cut into 24 inch sections.

Postage:
Send it whatever postage it took from you plus 2 additional stamps. Extra postage will be returned.

Due Date: July 1st to me.

Please package your items in a ziplock bag with your name on it. Please separate ribbon and fiber. You can mail them together, just in 2 baggies please.

Please check in weekly just so we know you're still on board. When you are ready to mail in, you can mail to:

Moon Koss
2281 Hunley Lane
Spring Hill, FL 34609

Please post when you have mailed and when you have received. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Ribbon:
Moon
croppinoasis
GIGIGI30
johnniesgirl22
NaneeTootieBeebleBug
JCelebre
scrap4time pulled out 6/25
tcletoaddison
Nautolan
ScrapAngel4
PrackRat
scrappinmac
Briannasmom
ll337905
Heather N

Fiber:
Moon
hvn101
GIGIGI30
NaneeTootieBeebleBug
JCelebre
ScrapAngel4
PrackRat
Briannasmom

Twine:
Moon
hvn101
johnniesgirl22
NaneeTootieBeebleBug
Nautolan
croppinoasis

Edited by moonpuff on 06-29-12 03:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

croppinoasis
Tenant
croppinoasis
In response to moonpuff

I'll take ribbon please.....

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to croppinoasis

Sure thing!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to moonpuff

I will take fiber and twine. I just bought some in bulk and would love other colors

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to moonpuff

Will take ribbon and fiber please!!

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22
In response to GIGIGI30

Hey there I would like to take ribbon and twine please! Thanks! I might come back for the fiber gotta look out there in the stores, have not looked in a long time.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to johnniesgirl22

Thanks Ladies! I updated the first post

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-10-12 12:13 PM
In response to moonpuff

I will do ribbon, fiber, and twine!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

I gotcha down Bon!

Thanks for joining!

JCelebre
Resident
JCelebre
In response to moonpuff

Ill play I have tons of ribbon and fibers not so much twine (twine is scrapbook flos)?

Id love to get any red, black or silver or white ribbon for my wedding album I am working on.

Thaks for inviting me I will get working on this on the weekend.

question what about paper ribbon I have some adorable creative memories paper ribbon rolls some are colored but I know I have a brand new package of black and white (got two when ordered) that look adorable on black and white pages. I could send the new package and you could decide I can txt you a pic of what they look like they make awesome cards.

I have some adorable ribbon with flip flops on it hope I have enough to send 24 inches I found it at a beach store its sooooooooo cute. Would make a nice beach page.

Edited by JCelebre on 05-10-12 02:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to JCelebre

The paper ribbon is fine too.....
This is such a low stress swap.

I love things that are simple, and low stress

Twine is like bakery string.....
http://store.scrapbook.com/db-2990.html

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time
In response to moonpuff

I want to play.... sign me up for ribbon? Please?

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to scrap4time

Gotcha added
Thanks for joining!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to moonpuff

Please, LMK if I do not have you in the correct groups, etc.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to moonpuff

Ribbon please Thank you

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to tcletoaddison

Gotcha added Toni!
Thank you for joining!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to moonpuff

Add me to ribbon too.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to hvn101

Got you added to ribbon as well

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to moonpuff

Happy Mother's day ladies......

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to moonpuff

Happy mommy's day to all of you...Hope y'all had a great one!!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to GIGIGI30

JCI

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan
In response to GIGIGI30

sign me up for ribbon and twine... might add fiber if i can pick up a spool somewhere, i just don't have a lot right now.

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time
In response to Crafty Nautolan

JCI. Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day yesterday.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I got you added.. thanks for joining Nicole!

Mother's day was very nice here.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to moonpuff

Got all my ribbons on Saturday....Now, need to get the fiber!!

croppinoasis
Tenant
croppinoasis
In response to GIGIGI30

JCI!!

croppinoasis
Tenant
croppinoasis
In response to moonpuff

Can I please be added to twine...

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to GIGIGI30

Moon I was looking for the cut off date, do you have one? Will this be on going? The Ribbon is the a certain width? I am going to Hancocks Fabric to see what prettys they have so just wonder what I should be looking at.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

cropinoasis... added you to twine, as requested

Toni - no hard and fast cut off date. The packages need to be to me by July 1st, and will be swapped out the next day. If someone wants to join 10 days before, and can get it here on time, that is fine too. Make sense?

As for width, I would say maybe under 3/4 inch or so. Personally, I use alot of 3/8 and 5/8 ribbon myself.

Edited by moonpuff on 05-15-12 08:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to moonpuff

Taaada!! Here I am, Id love to play - I'll choose ribbon. I have so much of some kinds, id love to share it!! Hopefully no one has it

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

• tcletoaddison Said:
Moon I was looking for the cut off date, do you have one? Will this be on going? The Ribbon is the a certain width? I am going to Hancocks Fabric to see what prettys they have so just wonder what I should be looking at.

i am sooo super jealous! Omg Ive not seen a Hancocks in so many years! They used to carry the most beautiful to die for trims ahhh ... can you just take some pictures of it while your there so I can drool? I promise I'll bring a bucket to clean up my mess LOL! Lucky YOU

OMG! I so just googled the nearest one and its an hour away -- and there is a sale on there ribbon and dress trim OMG 30% OFF ... WHY oh WHY just NOW did I re-find this place *Kicking and screaming* Its probably going to be 4ever be4 I can go with the way therapy is rolling *GROWL*

Edited by Sassie on 05-16-12 08:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Sassie

omg sassie you are soo freaking funny..lov ya girl! HA HA

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to GIGIGI30

upon thinking of this wonderful swap I wouldlike to join too.. lol

please join me in the groups of Ribbon and Fiber.. I have no twine never worked with it before)

thanks ladies

Edited by ScrapAngel4 on 05-16-12 08:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to ScrapAngel4

BUT ANGEL - omg have you seen there dress trim??? Nothing compares as far as big box stores are concerned .. they are like the top beezneez in my book!!!

(Yea I know a almost 40 yo just said beezneez im so lame)

Luv ya 2!!!!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Sassie

lol

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
  • tcletoaddison Said:

i am sooo super jealous! Omg Ive not seen a Hancocks in so many years! They used to carry the most beautiful to die for trims ahhh ... can you just take some pictures of it while your there so I can drool? I promise I'll bring a bucket to clean up my mess LOL! Lucky YOU

OMG! I so just googled the nearest one and its an hour away -- and there is a sale on there ribbon and dress trim OMG 30% OFF ... WHY oh WHY just NOW did I re-find this place *Kicking and screaming* Its probably going to be 4ever be4 I can go with the way therapy is rolling *GROWL*

LOL It is not what it use to be. They do not carry as much trim as they use to. I was so sad They only have one rack of trim now. Really disapointed they did not have much ribbon either.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

what??? what disappointment that just sooo sad ... I wonder who the new hip trim box store is?? Anyone here have the heads up? Im not even going to make a special trip there if its not worth it. Id probably just cry literally! LoL

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Sassie

I got both Sassie and ScrapAngel4 signed up. Thanks ladies for joining.

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat
In response to Sassie

I'd like to join ribbon and fiber please.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to PrackRat

Absolutely!
Adding you now

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to moonpuff

Fiber is "Lace n rossettes n such?" I was thinking that ugly (to me) fun fibers that are funky and like called eyelet or something??

Id love to trade some chinesse brade, no seam binding or nothing so ya think I should be in or our of this one with all my stipulations LOL!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
Fiber is "Lace n rossettes n such?" I was thinking that ugly (to me) fun fibers that are funky and like called eyelet or something??

I thought fiber was the same thing....Uuuhh Ohhh, now you got me all confused Laura...Can someone please point me in the right direction before I go ahead and shoot myself in the head for buying the wrong fiber!!!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to GIGIGI30

Fiber is scrapbooking fiber......

if there is any questions, snap a pic of what you got and send it to me

Products Referenced in This Post:

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to moonpuff

Im looking at all my ribbon.. and I have alot.. I have to organize it all by pretty and pretty ugly! LOL

It was cool, about a week ago, my walmart was selling ends of ribbon in baggies for 1.00. Some of it was ugly and the rest really nice.. what they do is when they run out on the roll and there are just small pieces left they bag it up and sell it.. yeah me!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to GIGIGI30

i just found a small spool of ribbon that says hockey.. anyone want it? i can send it in with this swap... lmk

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I have serious issues.. I just ordered 2 more spools of twine.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to moonpuff

SHEW Sorry for confusing you GIGIGIGIG

Moonerz thats the fiber that gets up my nose, i cant glue down and makes me want to jump into the river with my sunday best on to get away from it

Ive got sooo much ribbon, and I dont even use it *achoooo* ive got alot of everything i dont even use it Ive got MOE *sigh*

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Sassie

LOL... no problem.
I love fiber.... and ribbon... and I have twine issues lately. I cannot stop buying it.
Just bought 2 more rolls today.....

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to moonpuff

would ya show me what you mean twine? U mean like bakers twine?

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Sassie

Yep. That is twine

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to moonpuff

I knew twine was like bakers twine, but fiber I was thinking like jute type fiber. I bought a bunch in bulk in different colors so I am really good on twine i guess.

Now to look threw stash for fiber

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to hvn101

Oh the twine is pretty I have 1 roll of it. I had 2 but my cats helped themselves to one!

How do you use it? I see some cute card ideas n what not but omg its so hard to make or even tie a bow on it with my neuropathy :S

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Sassie

Heather, Jute fiber works for fiber as well. It is all fiber to me. I just posted the pics of the eyelash fiber, so Sassy could see it.

Jute is fine as well... just a differnt type of fiber.

As for the twine, I use it on cards, on layouts, etc.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan
In response to GIGIGI30

i like it when people thread it through buttons and just tie a knot... i've seen it a lot on cards

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

jci

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time

Hope everyone had a great Saturday.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

• scrap4time Said:
Hope everyone had a great Saturday.

Mine was very unproductive, which means it was great!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Mine was nice... cleaned part of my scrap room... need to do the rest, so I can take pictures for a blog hop. Then I can go back to trashing my room again

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to moonpuff

moon your so funny.. my scrap room is always trashed.. I call it my Woman Cave! HA HA

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Mine is the "Mom Cave"

Since I need it to go up on my blog, I need to clean it up some.

Too much wine tonight to care though.... so I am going to shower and crash instead.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to moonpuff

Sassie if you have so much stuff that means you need to get a craking. lol Make up so cards and package them in groups of 6 post them on ebay or zippet. Or donate them to a charitable location. If you want to get give away some of your craft supplies call the girl scout office and ask for a new troop they will be so grateful. I know I am. I have a lady in WA who mailed me alpha stamps! We were so excited. We used them to make Mother Day cards, stamp their names on their books. And have more projects in the works for them with summer coming up.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Still open, if anyone else is interested

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

• tcletoaddison Said:
Sassie if you have so much stuff that means you need to get a craking. lol Make up so cards and package them in groups of 6 post them on ebay or zippet. Or donate them to a charitable location. If you want to get give away some of your craft supplies call the girl scout office and ask for a new troop they will be so grateful. I know I am. I have a lady in WA who mailed me alpha stamps! We were so excited. We used them to make Mother Day cards, stamp their names on their books. And have more projects in the works for them with summer coming up.

If you could see the stuff your jaw would drop. Then Id tell you ive been collecting since Feb, it would fall off LOL!
I DO need to get some cards done. I used to donate cards like that locally to hospice. Id also make up little card kits so the sick could make cards alo. It was alot of fun

I also was thinking operation write home, but I dont have alot of info for that orga, yet!!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Sassie

I bought another roll of twine today. Yeah, I really have some issues.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to moonpuff

hahah Moon, your addicted to twine :P

Ive been thinking, about this ribbon stuff. I do have alot of peice's that are 1 yard - could I sent them in as a donation and you could give it away or keep yourself? Ive got so much, when I 1st started back sb'ing I really thought id use ribbon like I did before. Ive had this ribbon all this time, only touched it to organize it. I dont need it ... really.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Sassie

You can mail in whatever extra you want, and I will just redistribute it out. Just Pm me when you are ready to ship, so I am not totally confused when it arrives

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to Sassie

Hey Ms. Laura,

Hope you don't mind or anyone else in here get offended by me telling you this but there is a freecycle/donation swap in here run by the wonderful Ms. Pebblesh where you can send your donations/supplies that you don't use/want/need and fellow scrappers in here can use. You can also request items from the list that you may need. All you is pay for shipping. Here is the thread:

Freecycle/Donate/Trash to Treasure

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to moonpuff

Can I send in ribbon and get just twine back? I have plenty of ribbon to trade, but would love to increase my twine stash.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to scrappinmac

It is sort of a 1 for 1 swap... send in ribbon, get ribbon back. Send in twine, get twine back....

I have no problem if there is someone who want to do the opposite.... send in twine and get ribbon back. They would just need to let me know.

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to moonpuff

Got it- Thanks anyway!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to scrappinmac

jci

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Moon Sorry I finally made it to the postoffice today so you should have mine by Saturday

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

no problem

Plenty of time til this is due

I will post as soon as it arrives

Moon

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to GIGIGI30

Postal yesterday

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• tcletoaddison Said:
Postal yesterday

Oh boy, Ms. Toni....You're fast!!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to GIGIGI30

Well I have plenty of free time. When I have good days that is and I try to keep up. Sometimes I am very slow.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

may i join??
I;ll take ribbon and fiber please.

wish i had more twine mine are just plain colors i have

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to Briannasmom

• Briannasmom Said:
may i join??
I;ll take ribbon and fiber please.

wish i had more twine mine are just plain colors i have

Use a sharpie and make them strip or change the color to what you need

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Welcome Mandi!

I will add you to ribbon and fiber now

Moon

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to moonpuff

Mandi,

To follow up on what Toni said, making your own if you have solid twine is real easy. I did a video on it last year for a design team blog.

http://moon-scraps.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-first-vide o-...

is the video on how to do it.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to moonpuff

omg wow thanks ladies. i never thought of that. i;m so excited now!!!

and i happen to pass right by J;s on my way to work. will have to stop and get some white. i;m terribly low

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time

JCI. Happy Sunday.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Happy Memorial day weekend everyone!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to moonpuff

I received 2 envies yesterday... one from Toni and one from Joy.

Can Joy please PM me, as I need to put your real name with your screen name
I also need your return address, as there was none in the package, and the envie is hard to read

Thanks ladies!

New Kid On the Block
In response to GIGIGI30

can i please join the ribbon one please

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to ll337905

I added you to the ribbon list
Welcome!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to moonpuff

June 1st

Ribbon/fiber/twine due is one month

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to moonpuff

thanks for the update. i gotta get my butt in gear.

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time

jci

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

jci

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to moonpuff

• moonpuff Said:
June 1st

Ribbon/fiber/twine due is one month

I think you mean July 1st? cause I just had a heart attack reading that.. LOL

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

It is due July 1st.... I was posting on June first, saying it was due in one month's time

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to moonpuff

ohhh.. I wasnt reading it right.. LOL.. thats the blonde coming out in me...

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

LMAO.... no problem Kim
I had to go back and relook myself.
Last day of school here today, graduation tomorrow.
Busy busy times!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to moonpuff

Hey Ladies!

Just stopping by to say hi, finishing up a couple of other swaps and then off to shop for fibers..yay!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to GIGIGI30

Sounds wonderful!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to moonpuff

mailing mine out in the morning. After PT.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to hvn101

Awesome! I will let you know once it arrives

croppinoasis
Tenant
croppinoasis
In response to GIGIGI30

JCI!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor