Page 2 of 16 
Username Post: Closed..stop by to join the next one.. SWAP 6 $10+ Stash Swap        (Topic#1576687)
Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to theellenbee

• theellenbee Said:
Ladies,I am a bit confused. How many rounds are there? As a newbie I thought this was a one time swap. I didn't realize I was signing up for more than one swap. Please can someone tell me what is expected of me? I definitely want to participate in a one time swap and hope that it will be possible. Hugs

You are not signing up for more than one swap. This is a monthly swap and you choose to join when the new swap begins or sit out. This is swap #15, when this ones ends, Pam will start #16 and you have the choice to sign up or not. I hope that helps you understand it better.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Big thanks! I had this fear that I would be required to send everyone on the list a package. That would be my scrap budget for the rest of the year!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Ellenbee.. it is a one time swap. You are only obligated for this round. If you want to do another one, you sign up specifically for that one. I did several from this swap and then had to sit out for a few months. Now I get to be in it again. I like that a lot. If you know ahead of time you will be busy or have financial constraints you can sit out as long as you wish. I hope you enjoy this. I have received such a unique variety of items. Sometimes I look at the wishlist and then go to the stores in my town and purchase similar items in that category. Please keep asking questions... that is the best way to get accurate information. Everyone is glad to answer specific questions. Wishing you a joyous and beautiful day.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Ok, shes Ellen I was so confused also :S
Im so happy this is a sign in as we go type of thing, that way if I get flaked on I can leave if I choose to!!!

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time
In response to Sassie

jci

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell

Hope eveyone is having a great weekend. It's raining up here, but I'm happily scrapbooking and really don't care.

Edited by pwiswell on 06-02-12 02:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pwiswell

ive got some kind of nasty bug. Probably being around all those people at the airport, your bound to find dozens of ppl with bugs there!!

Its raining here also, not hard just enjoy to anoy ya. The wind has been going like crazy here for sure! I think if i'd have mailed a package to ya pwiswell, it would have gotten there yet today -- faster then snail mail LOL!

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Sassie

The wind was blowing here today to. It was really a miserable day outside, but very cozy inside. I scrapbooked, made some cards, then played games and watched a movie with the family. All in all a great day. Hope the sun comes out tomorrow so I can play in my garden.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to pwiswell

I received my goodies for round 15 from my pal, but I have no clue who to think as they put my name or Toyna and not Tonya...lol. On the shipping and sold to spots. It came directly from Scrapbook.com.

I love it all, it just stated that it was for Round #15. I feel spoiled. Here is a pic:

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/47645/view/ 3646949/-...

Edited by TJCraftyWitch on 06-03-12 01:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to TJCraftyWitch

If you are worried about not getting a pacakge becuz some1 decided to FLAKE. You still will receive a package no1 goes without...the person who flakes is no longer allowed to sign up again. I will post all flakers names on the 1st page. Also plese do not beg to rejoin, I let it happen once and never ever again...

I am working on names right now... I had one busy week-end so far....we have 17 ladies in this round....yeah... remember if for some reason you can not continue you MUST let me know ASAP....

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 06-03-12 10:05 AM
In response to pjangel

YAY!!! I made it intime. So glad to join. This is my first swap. I have never done anything like this before so I am super excited!!!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Cinj

welcome aboard the crazy easily addicted swap train LOL This is my 1st month here also, but im addicted to SS swaps in general!!!!

I cant wait to see whom my pal will be ...

Hostess for us new comer's could you please explain in full detail all of this swap? Is it we buy the minimum of 10$ each month (if we decided to stay in) but we get a diffrent pal? Or do things such as just buying gifts switch up to making something ect .... You have so many of us, and some of us are running around chasing our own tails to be sure we do correctly the in's and out's of it ALL HUGS

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Cinj

welcome aboard. This is a fun swap and a great group of ladies.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
welcome aboard the crazy easily addicted swap train LOL This is my 1st month here also, but im addicted to SS swaps in general!!!!

I cant wait to see whom my pal will be ...

Hostess for us new comer's could you please explain in full detail all of this swap? Is it we buy the minimum of 10$ each month (if we decided to stay in) but we get a diffrent pal? Or do things such as just buying gifts switch up to making something ect .... You have so many of us, and some of us are running around chasing our own tails to be sure we do correctly the in's and out's of it ALL HUGS

Each round/month you are assigned a different partner, you are also required to let the hostess know, when the new round is anounced, that you want to play again. This way if someone is unable to participate for a round there is no need to let the hostess know, you just don't sign up that month. It is very important to keep your wishlist current as many of us shop just from that, others shop from the survay. Some make something to send to their pals onto of the NIP items you are sending but it is not required to send somthing other then the type of card listed that round. You are also required to post when you sent your package but not to who, and when your receive from your pal. When you receive you package you are to post a Thank you and you can say who sent to you.

I happen to one of those ppl that likes to get the Thank yous, it lets me know that you like what I picked for you and that it is appreciated. I tend to really spoil my pals and all I request in return is a simple "Thank You"

The major point of this swap is have fun and enjoy spoiling others and being spoiled in return.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Drayia

Each month is it a 10$ gift to just a new person then?

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Sassie

It's the same swap/rules every month, the only thing that changes is your pal and maybe a theme on the survey.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

Dankie Pebbles, as I thought but I guess I needed someone to word it just as easy as you did for me to comprehend :X

I have my wish list filled but I know there really isnt alot here I want more then something on a diffrent site or company. So that is why I go off wish list, surveys and people/pals just saying Id LOVE a "apple pie" and I find it

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to Sassie

Morning...just finished sending out pals...Got a little messed up so I am so sorry if you got a pal you already had...I try very hard to make sure you don't get the same person. You may have the same personwho has you, I also try not to do that but it happens.

Drayia, thank you for stepping in for me always appreciated. SInce you are the Senior of this swap lol.

FYI..when this swap gets closer to the end I will ask who wants in for SWAP 16. You just say yes if you do I will then add your name to the next list. $10 is min. you may spend more and as some of the ladies who have been here knon most of us go over the $10. That does not count shipping. My last pal paid $8 to ship to me...So every month again I will assign a pal to you...ever month there are new ladies and the list of ladies may be shorter and then thats when you may get the same name of a previous pal.

When I am off and shopping of her list...thats what I do alot easier for me when I work all the time...

So ladies get shopping and enjoy....

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pjangel

Well when I was talking about other sites I ment having wish list's there or direct links to things they want.

Like now I have things on my wishlist, but really just to have them there ... what I really want is some where else but still around 10$ so shouldnt I beable to get that if I wanted it more? LOL

Got my pal (Yeeeehaw) Im 'a goin shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
Well when I was talking about other sites I ment having wish list's there or direct links to things they want.

Like now I have things on my wishlist, but really just to have them there ... what I really want is some where else but still around 10$ so shouldnt I beable to get that if I wanted it more? LOL

Got my pal (Yeeeehaw) Im 'a goin shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you prefer a different wishlist from another site then include it with your survey that way your pal will know where to go to shop for you.

Veteran
In response to Drayia

Got my Secret Sister's name. Yea!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Drayia

Oh good... my secret sis name came this morning. My goal is to get shopping and mail it by the end of the week. I try to have a personal goal of completing a swap within a week of getting the recipient. That way, I know she doesn't have to wait and wonder and I know that my "senior" brain never ever forgets. I already wrote the name and address on my to do list and it won't get crossed out until the post office has it. Just my way of thinking. Ok... I am editing my post because I just came back from the post office. Postal clerk said the package was scheduled for a Thursday delivery.

Edited by pinkpaperairedale on 06-04-12 11:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

Pink - I am the same way! I am obsessed with making lists and on the top is to buy for my partner! Hope to get it mailed this week :-)

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-04-12 10:17 AM

YAY!!! so excited...i got my secret sister's name yesterday and have an order on it's way to her...I will have a 2nd lil package directly from me to her...that includes the blank bday card, and a few other items...

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to 6ta

Just stopping by to say hi...I also received my SS info. I'm so excited to get started and shop 'till I drop!!!

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to GIGIGI30

I have my name also. Now I just have to go shopping. I love this part. Two for you, one for me, two for you....

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
I have my name also. Now I just have to go shopping. I love this part. Two for you, one for me, 3 for Sassie two for you....

Edited by Sassie on 06-04-12 04:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Sassie

Ha, ha, nice try Sassie. I'm not gonna say if you are my pal or not.. And if you are not, you have to wait for your presents from your pal. I know it's hard, but you can do it. yes, you can. lol

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to pwiswell

Has anyone else noticed that Sassy likes presents????? LOL

pjangel
Diva
pjangel

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
I received my goodies for round 15 from my pal, but I have no clue who to think as they put my name or Toyna and not Tonya...lol. On the shipping and sold to spots. It came directly from Scrapbook.com.

I love it all, it just stated that it was for Round #15. I feel spoiled. Here is a pic:

I got a message from your pal in swap 15 and she did not send you that package. Did you get your package for swap 14? Maybe it was from that swap.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pjangel

rofl Im just a ball of fun!! I love suprise's just like everyone else -- I also love love LOVE to spoil ppl

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time
In response to Sassie

woohoo. just sent my pal the first package from her wishlist on sb.com. now to work on package #2.

And I have to say this even though they probaby won't win tomorrow. GO SPURS GO

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to scrap4time

awwe scrap4time your on the ball sista

Ive been 'a shopping still looking for that special gift that yell's my pals name that she just needs. I love to buy 1 large gift and several others that are just to cute to pass up for her

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Sassie

Pam... you can mark me as "sent".

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• pinkpaperairedale Said:

And me as recv'd!!!!
Thank you sooo much! I love everything!! The extras are the bomb, I haven't put the book down yet!!! Thanks again! I will post a pic later.

tralala
Veteran
tralala

Just checking in for this week pretty busy with day to day stuff.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel

WOW you ladies are quick. Ms Pebbles are you sure that package was from swap 15 not 14? Just want to make sure.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to pjangel

• pjangel Said:
WOW you ladies are quick. Ms Pebbles are you sure that package was from swap 15 not 14? Just want to make sure.

Yes Ma'am ...I have my package from Pam#2 from round #14. This one was from Pink and she included a note letting me know that it was for round #15.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel

Nice job ladies....I have to shop yet.

Remember I shop of WISH LIST please keep them loaded with what you want or need.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-06-12 10:43 AM
In response to pjangel

WOW...yall are quick!!
Pam I have sent my 1st package directly from my partner's wishlist...I will send package 2 soon...

I don't wanna have partners waiting...SORYY to my partner from round 14...i have learned my lesson.
sixta

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 06-06-12 10:50 AM
In response to 6ta

Wow!! you are quick. I am shopping tonight while my son is at scouts but I know it will take me a little bit of time to find the stuff I am picturing.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Cinj

WOW - Im going to have to get on the race lane.!.!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• Ms_Pebbles Said:
  • pinkpaperairedale Said:

And me as recv'd!!!!
Thank you sooo much! I love everything!! The extras are the bomb, I haven't put the book down yet!!! Thanks again! I will post a pic later.

Here's my pic...thanks again Pink!!

Secret Sister package #15 By Ms_Pebbles

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time

Nice haul Ms Pebbles.

Pam, I got confirmation that sb.com shipped by package to my pal today. I have some more to send from home but at least she'll get the first one soon.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to 6ta

Yes, Pam. Miss Pebbles did receive round 15 from me. I was quick this round. I mailed it Monday and the postal clerk said it was scheduled for a Wed. or Thursday delivery.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to 6ta

Ladies please please please add items to your WISH LIST...it is a MUST per page 1 you have to have atleast 30 items. Some ladies have under 10 items. Please take the time right now since you are reading this and go check out your wish list...thanks...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to pjangel

• pjangel Said:
  • TJCraftyWitch Said:

I got a message from your pal in swap 15 and she did not send you that package. Did you get your package for swap 14? Maybe it was from that swap.

Well whoever sent it, wrote Round #15 on it, maybe they got confused. I was hoping it was from round 14, since I didn't recall getting anything from that round. Folks need to put the SWAP on the outside. Because alot of us are in numerous swaps. Even when I send directly from SB.com, in the comments area I put what round or what swap I am sending it from, so no confusion. The person said it was for Round #15, this is the only swap I am in that has ROUNDS.

I have no clue who my pal was for round 14, that only you would know. I don't know the addy because it had both mine on it in the lil paper inside...lol.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel

I will have to look in my other computer to see who your pal was last time.

Ladies if ordering from scrapbook.com there is a comment area..please put what swap it is from and you can include your name screen name and real name please.

I have to shop, I just get distracted all the time lately lots going on.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to pjangel

Placing my order for my pal now! Sending it to me first though so I can add some hand made items as well!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

I have everything except the handmade card. Will be mailing on Monday morning. I hope my partner likes the color............

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

oh, wait is the card a mandatory thing??? I guess I read that as like a suggestion to add??? Ok, so I guess Im not ready to ship .... gotta re-open the package & make a card :P

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Sassie

Sassie... if you had everything packaged up, in my opinion you shouldn't unwrap it to add a card. I don't know if that is the official rule but when gals order and have it shipped direct, the recipient does not get a card. I think it is best to mail it so the recipient gets it quickly. It's hard when someone has to wait until the final date and wonder if they will get flaked. Go for it... go postal!!!!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 06-09-12 06:04 PM

I am almost ready to ship. I had so much fun shopping I just have to do a hand made card and it is ready to go. I will be working in my yard Monday. I took the day off and my husband and son have off so I am hoping to get a sliding board built and play yard border done. So I will get it in the mail on Tuesday.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Cinj

Ty Pink, I will take your advice. Going postal on Monday.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-11-12 05:14 AM
In response to Sassie

Good Morning...i got a wonderful package and wasn't able to post friday as my father had catarct surgery and I was in charge of transporting him to and from a few appts friday...I couldn't find who to thank...no name...but I did get some great items, i am so excited getting items for my cruise, my buddy got me the tropical page off my wishlist, some stamp cleaner, the Chosen page off my list and a few other pages I will take a pic and post...THANKS...
I went thru post i think it's pinkpaperairedale that was my pal...not sure though...lol
????

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to 6ta

No, it was not me, 6ta, that had your name. I sent to Ms Pebbles and she has already received it for round 15. You will have to keep checking to figure out who sent you the package.

lori1963
Veteran
lori1963
In response to 6ta

Will be shopping for my Pal this week. Checking out her wish list in a minute ! Hope everyone has a great week !

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time
In response to 6ta

It was I that sent the package thru sb.com. I still have another one I'm putting together to include the birthday card and a few handmade items. Glad you liked round 1 - stay tuned for round 2.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-11-12 06:28 PM

• scrap4time Said:

It was I that sent the package thru sb.com. I still have another one I'm putting together to include the birthday card and a few handmade items. Glad you liked round 1 - stay tuned for round 2.

OH WOW...mystery solved...lol
well thx so much...u did an awesome job...

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time
In response to 6ta

Hope everything went well with your dad's surgery. My dad had both eyes done over the years. It makes for such a better quality of life.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to 6ta

• 6ta Said:
Good Morning...i got a wonderful package and wasn't able to post friday as my father had catarct surgery and I was in charge of transporting him to and from a few appts friday...I couldn't find who to thank...no name...but I did get some great items, i am so excited getting items for my cruise, my buddy got me the tropical page off my wishlist, some stamp cleaner, the Chosen page off my list and a few other pages I will take a pic and post...THANKS...
I went thru post i think it's pinkpaperairedale that was my pal...not sure though...lol
????

Pictures!!!! Pictures!!! We need pictures!!!!!

Mine went postal yesterday - #9405 5036 9930 0040 3266 33

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-12-12 05:58 AM
In response to Sassie

His suregery went well, he is just a big scaredy cat when it comes to Dr's and hospitals...it was hard to see him so worried but when i went into recovery he seemed relieved. I'm the baby of four and I'm a major daddy's girl...lol It's so hard to see your parents so frail and going thru all they do at this age...his left eye will be done in a month i think, just glad by then he knows what to expect...

picture soon coming sorry....OH n i went this past weekend to visit my husband, and my dog tried to scrapbook!!! lol..a month ago he chewed on my brand new shelf!!! But it's my brother's and son's fault...i shut my bedroom door so there isnt any issues and guess who decides to go in, well they WONT fess up on who left the door open for Fluffy but I'm very upset, lol but this time he didnt do too much damage, he got a hold of one of the pages and chewed awayat a corner, actually looks pretty interesting...lol

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to 6ta

ive not seen the hostess around latley. Had anyone heard from her? Hope all is well with her!!!

Im so glad things are doing well for your family 6ta what scarry things to go through Hope and pray things get back on track soon HUGS

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-12-12 06:06 AM
In response to Sassie

Thx Sassie, Oh and my partner should get her 1st package very soon, GOING to North Carolina...

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to 6ta

JCI here real quick!

Need to go back to work...I find a great package online for my pal. Hope to get it done this weekend, but we'll see.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to GIGIGI30

Well I got 1 of my packages back! Seems you can no longer put tape over stamps!!?? I had no idea, I had always before done it to be sure they didnt fall off ....

So I wasted 1.00$ just to get "Mad mail" here I thought I had a package but ohhhh no!!!!!!!!

So pal, your 2nd small package will go back postal in the am.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Sassie

Sassie... our hostess is the best about checking in frequently. I looked back and she posted 4 days ago.. she is the most wonderful hostess for any swap or exchange I have ever done. I know that when she is the leader, all things get done just as she says. Maybe she is crafting or shopping... ha ha ha.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell

Still working on the package for my pal. I shopped off her wish list and survey and am working on some handmade items and a few surprises. I just love the little surprises that most everyone includes in their packages. I think she will like everything. I plan to get it postal next week sometime. The weather up here in Maine has been pretty good this week. I actually got to work in our vegetable and flower gardens! Even after all the rain we had last week, I only lost a couple of plants. The rest of the week is all about opening our pool before the kids get out of school next week. Hoping summer is finally here.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Sassie

I didn't know that about stamps either. I haven't taped any in awhile, but I certainly have in the past. Wonder why they don't allow it anymore. Thanks for sharing.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to 6ta

6ta, sounds like you have a new scrapper. Maybe you need to give him some paper and tape and see what he can do with it. LOL

scrap4time
Resident
scrap4time
In response to pwiswell

Wow! Really? Your kids are still in school? Is that still the end of the school year or summer school? My daughter is a freshman going to sophomore in high school and she's been out 3 weeks. She is taking some get ahead classes this month and is already 2 weeks into the summer school.

Our weather here has already hit 100 a couple of days this week. That's the only thing I really dislike about Texas - the humid heat.

Edited by scrap4time on 06-12-12 05:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

Growl!! I put my pals package up to re-envy it, now its lost. Ive been looking for it for 2 hours!!

This is just my luck *sigh* this aggrivates me because everything goes together really .... and oh man. I know i wont be late, and its only a couple of things BUT i got them for HER ya know. Ok maybe now ive vented it will magically appear

I stopped into our LSS today scoping it out. Trying to decided if Im going to add some of my over flow to there garage sale thing. They have the spring TH ink pads in *yay* and a couple dies of his Ive been wanting *Yay* so I think I'll put just enough items in to kinda trade out some things LoL! Since you only get in store credit, I dont usually like things they bring in *shrug*

tralala
Veteran
tralala

Just checking in this week is hectic again with cleaning for my guests coming this weekend, baseball game, gymnastics show, and Father's Day. Hope HSN sends my gift soon....

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to tralala

aww i just checked delivery for this package it comes today YAY PAL!!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
aww i just checked delivery for this package it comes today YAY PAL!!

Sassie, thanks so much for all the goodies. I absolutely loved it all. And ladies she wrapped each package individually so I had presents to open. Just like it was my birthday, but early..lol.

I will take a pic of it and post it, but I will list what she got me:

American Craft metallic markers 5 pack
Graphic 45-Cling Stamps: Vintage style bottles and words
Fiskars- elegant vine circle clear stamp
Jolee stickers: Fun at the Beach and Sunbathing sets.

Thanks again so much and I will let you know when the second package arrives.

Can't wait to use the stuff you sent me, especially the stamps and markers.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

TJ My friend that was your June Envy swap *summer time* :P

But I am so super glad you liked it Birthday girl

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Sassie

Pwiselle, I have a question for you. I am doing a premiere screening for the new flick, Hope Springs, for 350 of my closest friends. (I am an event planner) Yesterday I spent hours on the internet searching for a Maine inspired menu (the film takes place in Maine) that didn't include lobster - too expensive. Any suggestions? We can't get Moxie soda, we have whoopie pies, miniature blueberry waffles with maple syrup, moose burgers and wedge fries. Anything else typical Maine?

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 06-13-12 06:11 AM
In response to 6ta

Thank you sixta!!! what a nice suprise when the UPS man stopped at my house.

I love everything and can't wait to work on a page from our trip to the renn faire.

Swap 15 By Cinj

Edited by Cinj on 06-13-12 06:17 AM. Reason for edit: To correct picture (embedded)

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Cinj

• Cinj Said:
Thank you sixta!!! what a nice suprise when the UPS man stopped at my house.

I love everything and can't wait to work on a page from our trip to the renn faire.

Swap 15 By Cinj

Nice goodies!!! Have fun with them

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

• theellenbee Said:
Pwiselle, I have a question for you. I am doing a premiere screening for the new flick, Hope Springs, for 350 of my closest friends. (I am an event planner) Yesterday I spent hours on the internet searching for a Maine inspired menu (the film takes place in Maine) that didn't include lobster - too expensive. Any suggestions? We can't get Moxie soda, we have whoopie pies, miniature blueberry waffles with maple syrup, moose burgers and wedge fries. Anything else typical Maine?

You have 350 close friends - holy cow thats one heck of a christmas card list LOL! I dont know what a whoopie pie is, nor a moose burger but they sound good

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Sassie

AH I have not had a whoopie pie in forever, I am from easter Canada originally just up from Maine inface! What about a fish chowder, it tends to made in a cream sauce and have scallops, a white fish, potatoes sometimes clams, corn for colour. There are other ingredints just can't think of them right now.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-13-12 07:46 AM
In response to Drayia

Cinj...so happy you enjoyed your moment...
i will send 2nd lil package to you friday,
had MAJOR DRAMA last night...and very shook up...
here at work to get away but can't focus.
* i was robbed at gunpoint infront of my apt door, and my ex at knifepoint...will write blog...gotta get this out of my system...very SCARY!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to 6ta

good god 6ta, what a tramatic even. I am so so very sorry you had to face this I can imagine your nothing but a full emotional wreck ... keeping you in my prayers!!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to 6ta

So sorry to hear Ms. 6ta. The most important thing is you guys are OK. Sending tons of good vibe and prayers your way!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to GIGIGI30

OMG! All I can say is thankfully you both are physically ok. Hope you have support and that they catch the lowlife.

I just mailed my package to ..... confirmation # is 9505500033392165000039

Delivery expected on Friday, June 15th!

Sorry Sassie, it wasn't to you :-(

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

Sassie, I was being facetious about the "friends" part. They are all donors to the non-profit I work for, not personal friends. About the chowder, it will be too hot in August plus we need food that you can eat standing up.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 06-13-12 08:19 AM
In response to GIGIGI30

SAssie and GiGI yes it's a very emotional and scary event...but I am so glad things didn't escalate, when i called my mother to let her know...since i had to let my hubbie know the situation, he was very upset that i even walked out to talk to my ex...he hung up on me...oh well...if i had anything to hide which i don't i would have never mentioned to him the ordeal...my mother started crying and asked "did u get raped" that OPENED my eyes...the whole situation could have been 10xs worst...they could have demanded to go into apt to ramsac the apt...they could have killed us, and so much more...THANK GOD we are ok but i am ready to leave...

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 06-13-12 08:30 AM
In response to Drayia

I was going to say fish chowder or even a lobster chowder maybe.

since lobster is expensive maybe just a hint of it in something else.

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 06-13-12 08:40 AM
In response to 6ta

OH NO!!! I can't imagine how scary that must have been. I am so glad you and your friend are okay.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Cinj

Cinj, again soup would have been my first choice but because this is mid August it will be very hot and most folks will be at stand up tables and that makes eating soup rather difficult. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming :-)

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

Oh ******** ok Bee - I thought I had a friend that was in the high life (meaing YOU) maybe you rubbed elblows with the actors *wink wink*

I want a whoopie pie & a moose buga!!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to 6ta

• 6ta Said:
SAssie and GiGI yes it's a very emotional and scary event...but I am so glad things didn't escalate, when i called my mother to let her know...since i had to let my hubbie know the situation, he was very upset that i even walked out to talk to my ex...he hung up on me...oh well...if i had anything to hide which i don't i would have never mentioned to him the ordeal...my mother started crying and asked "did u get raped" that OPENED my eyes...the whole situation could have been 10xs worst...they could have demanded to go into apt to ramsac the apt...they could have killed us, and so much more...THANK GOD we are ok but i am ready to leave...

Oh sweet darling woman friend of mine -- Your so very right. It could have been sooo much worse, you could "not" be here right now. I am very thankful you are, your a very special woman ... your very strong & I know this has to by far be the scariest thing youve been through Im almost in tears for you. I pray your able to get out of there sooner then later also ... get some mace RIGHT NOW, and one of those rape whistles. If you dont I will get it for you!!!!!!!! It will at least beable to help you defend yourself ... although if I was placed in that situation I think id freeze in fear

hugs hugs n a smooch on the cheek hugs n more hugs!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

• theellenbee Said:
Cinj, again soup would have been my first choice but because this is mid August it will be very hot and most folks will be at stand up tables and that makes eating soup rather difficult. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming :-)

How about a hot clam dip or bacon wrapped scallops?
http://www.visitmaine.com/restaurants/recipes/d rinks_ap...

Wrong time of year other wise I would sugest fiddle heads and Mulled Cider.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to Sassie

6ta I am so glad you are ok. That has to be the worse thing ever to experience. Glad you are okay.

So glad to see that you gals missed me. believe me if I am not posting I am still reading. Had to send my tablet in to get a new one. I hae been busy the last several days visiting with my son. He left this morning to go back home. Sunday I worked 10-3pm then spent Sunday afternnon at my dd for dinner so she could see her baby brother. Yesterday I was ill, eye stuff going on. But I am always checking.

GUESS what I got this morning a package from my pal...you over did it and spoiled me. I can't wait to use the glow in the dark glitter...That will go on my Christmas cards. I am going to put it on the tree branches instead of snow...that will freak people out at night when their card is glowing.....

I left my house at 9am to list a house, then off to my other job. Yes I work multiple jobs. 3 to be exact.

I will be back to update this page and post a picture...

Edited by pjangel on 06-13-12 10:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell

Yes, our school year starts after Labor day and goes into June. I think schools in the south get out earlier because of the extreme heat. We don't have that up here until July and August.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
Yes, our school year starts after Labor day and goes into June. I think schools in the south get out earlier because of the extreme heat. We don't have that up here until July and August.

This is how all our schools are in Canada. My kids are just starting exams and will be finished June 27 then the summer begins for them, too.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell

well, first of all, Moose burgers are not typical Maine. I don't know many mainers who actually eat them. We tend to go more for hamburgers, hot dogs, and steak on the grill. Sides are baked beans, potato salad and corn. Many like brown bread to go with their beans. Clams and haddock are also a big stable here in Maine and are not quite as expensive. Whoopie pies, blueberries, and strawberry cobbler are the main desserts. Hope this helps. Not many people drink Moxie up here either. Summer drinks lean toward lemonade, ginger ale, and other sodas.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Sassie

Sassie, you've never had a whoppie pie???? It's two chocolate cake like cookies with cream in the middle. They are yummy. I have a recipe if anyone wants one. I don't think there are many true Mainers who don't have a whoppie pie recipe or two.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Drayia

Good idea, Drayia. Yes, fish chowder and clam chowder served with corn bread, are definitely Maine staples. I make both frequently in the winter.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell

We are also big on Chili dogs up here. Don't know if that's an interest......

Page 2 of 16 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics