Page 79 of 79 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Craftnangel

Aileenes tacky glue has been around since back in the day I think Aileene is her name they have come out with different types too I had always been a big crafter I think they had one that stiffened fabric that I used to make cheese cloth gohsts for hubbys work I have lots of other glues that I use for scrapping but not Aileenes.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am patiently waiting for it to dry It looks like it is probably done I am going to finish these pages

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to Craftnangel

No crafting but did get myself organized again. Spent a lot of time on the computer for work project yesterday so neck was sore. It's a bit better. Going back to work today so hoping I'll make it through but did pack some Ibuprofen to go with me.

Linda, Sounds like you are having fun with DH's pages. I love Aileene's tacky glue! It's the best.

Southgirl, The computer glasses are single vision that are designed for you to see the computer distance. I guess it's like the bottom part of the bifocal but the whole lens so you don't have to tilt the head up to look down at the computer. Some people can get away with store bought but my eyes are pretty bad so went to my eye Dr for the glasses. They had a special going on so it was a good deal.

Have a good Monday. Looking forward to Friday when I can scrap again. DH's book is going to be a Christmas gift so I am on a mission to get 'er done!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
No crafting but did get myself organized again. Spent a lot of time on the computer for work project yesterday so neck was sore. It's a bit better. Going back to work today so hoping I'll make it through but did pack some Ibuprofen to go with me.

Linda, Sounds like you are having fun with DH's pages. I love Aileene's tacky glue! It's the best.

Southgirl, The computer glasses are single vision that are designed for you to see the computer distance. I guess it's like the bottom part of the bifocal but the whole lens so you don't have to tilt the head up to look down at the computer. Some people can get away with store bought but my eyes are pretty bad so went to my eye Dr for the glasses. They had a special going on so it was a good deal.

Have a good Monday. Looking forward to Friday when I can scrap again. DH's book is going to be a Christmas gift so I am on a mission to get 'er done!

That is great that you got yourself organized again I hope that you did not hurt yourself too badly... I am glad it is a bit better I sure hope that when you are working that you do not hurt yourself more.
It has been fun doing this
since you have to finish his xmas gift.. I have to do my xmas cards

nanluza
Resident
nanluza
In response to anda11

Howdy from Texas! I just found this site yesterday when I found myself mourning the loss of Two Peas in a Bucket. I started scrapping 18 years ago after meeting a woman in my La Leche League group whose mom was a Creative Memories consultant. I loved that scrapbooking gave me a creative outlet and I loved the community that eventually evolved online.

I have continued to scrap on and off over the years. My oldest just started college, and we have a 14-year-old left at home. I find myself with a lot of time in my day and hope to spend more time on creative pursuits. I have quite a lot of old photos that belonged to my parents, and I have done some genealogy work. I hope to combine stories with these photos in my memory keeping.

Right now, I am reacquainting myself with my scrapbook supplies and creating layouts to get myself back into the groove. I'm so glad I found this place...and this thread!

I posted some layouts that I have previously created and will work to post new layouts soon!

Edited by nanluza on 09-14-17 09:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 09-14-17 07:40 PM
In response to nanluza

This weekend I'm going to clean up my studio ... for sure!! Unless something happens, or somethin'.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to don1

Hi, nanluza. I live in Texas also. The northeast corner. I am retired and all my children have moved out of state except one. I inherited a suit case full of old photos about 30 years ago. I have them all scrapped and in albums. I redo a few from time to time. I have scrapped my children's photos up to the time they moved out. (Understanding that they do not value the effort as yet.) I do have hope they will eventually. I was doing genealogy and said how I would like to see their faces. That's when my mom showed me all the pictures.

Don1 a clean work area is worth it. Tell us if you find anything you forgot you had.

My crop is today and tomorrow. I am all packed and ready to go. Going to make birthday cards and decorate my paper bag mini albums. Maybe.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

Wow! Did that week go fast!
Work week was busy and yesterday had to get a paper in before I went scrapping.
Got a 2 page LO done for DH's book. Another summer party, lol.
Next chance to scrap will be in a month and I'll be on the down-slope of this class and done with the work presentation by then.
Am signed up for a 12 hour crop in November which will hopefully give me the time to get this book done or just about.

Southgirl, Have fun at your crop and love how you said "maybe". My friends and I were talking last night about how I just wing it. I think scrapping is the only thing in life that I don't stress about.

Don, A clean space is a good thing because it gives you space to make it messy again!

Nanluza, Welcome aboard! I was on 2 peas and another site for years but it fizzled out and though I still keep in touch with the ladies from there. I've been scrapping almost 20 yrs and love it. I haven't really stopped and also just inherited my Dad and MIL's photos. So I'll be still be scrapping at the nursing home that my kids put me in some day!

Have a good weekend all!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

The reason I haven't been here is cause I stupidly scratched my right eyeball.. lets just say it kept watering, watering, watering, pain, pain, pain. my eye dr said that is the worst pain possible. I have been taking drops....I can finally see with my right eye.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to nanluza

• nanluza Said:
Howdy from Texas! I just found this site yesterday when I found myself mourning the loss of Two Peas in a Bucket. I started scrapping 18 years ago after meeting a woman in my La Leche League group whose mom was a Creative Memories consultant. I loved that scrapbooking gave me a creative outlet and I loved the community that eventually evolved online.

I have continued to scrap on and off over the years. My oldest just started college, and we have a 14-year-old left at home. I find myself with a lot of time in my day and hope to spend more time on creative pursuits. I have quite a lot of old photos that belonged to my parents, and I have done some genealogy work. I hope to combine stories with these photos in my memory keeping.

Right now, I am reacquainting myself with my scrapbook supplies and creating layouts to get myself back into the groove. I'm so glad I found this place...and this thread!

I posted some layouts that I have previously created and will work to post new layouts soon!

I am thrilled that you joined us Nan
my mom taught me to scrap when I was a kid :). i loved it .i quit..but had my kids do theirs in the 80s then a lady at my work invited me to CM party my daughter andI were SMITTEN again that was 1997
I have done genealogy since I was a kid.. it was great fun
I have 1000s of heritage photos and stuff I have 1000s of my own family I have a monthly heritage challenge here i have lots oof ideas to help get your brain going but you never need to do them. it is any decade I am in Ohio

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think that I may adhere the next 2 pages

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda,
Glad you are back. Sorry about your eye! Ouch!
Are you still working on DH's MC pages?

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Does anyone else over pack for a crop? I took stuff to make 3 cards. I didn't even touch them. I took a paper bag mini (ready to be decorated) which I finished. I took a paper bag mini that needed a cover and decorating and bags to make more if my friends wanted to make them and they were not touched. I took pencils, aqua pens, stamps and my MISTI in case I had time to play with them but I didn't. Writing this I see how I should pare it down. I took my old Slice machine but after plugging it in it would not work so I threw it away. And it felt good.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda,
Glad you are back. Sorry about your eye! Ouch!
Are you still working on DH's MC pages?

thank you hon I am still doing his pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Does anyone else over pack for a crop? I took stuff to make 3 cards. I didn't even touch them. I took a paper bag mini (ready to be decorated) which I finished. I took a paper bag mini that needed a cover and decorating and bags to make more if my friends wanted to make them and they were not touched. I took pencils, aqua pens, stamps and my MISTI in case I had time to play with them but I didn't. Writing this I see how I should pare it down. I took my old Slice machine but after plugging it in it would not work so I threw it away. And it felt good.

That has always been a bad habit of mine all these years

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
This weekend I'm going to clean up my studio ... for sure!! Unless something happens, or somethin'.

that is easier said than done Don

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Southgirl,
I used to overpack for crops but have pared myself down to one rolling cart and one tools tote.
I empty and refill them as I go depending what I am working on.
For the most part, I bring one box of paper (sorted by theme), letter stickers, dies/stickers that go with the theme (still trying to use up stickers) and punches, stamps, inks, washi tape, etc. If there is something else I need while I'm cropping, I buy it there if possible or wait. This January I'll be going for a weekend so plan to work on kids' graduations and Christmas & possibly some summer, so it'll keep me to the one bag (I hope).
For the weekends away, I will bring extra pictures in case I get bored with what I'm working on. Some of my favorite LO's have been spur of the moment.
Hope that helps... remember... one bag one tote! Good Luck!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

good Tuesday morning dear friends I got 1 page adhered I used some MC stickers but I am not sure if I love them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have a few more started kinda but for some reason I am feeling fried.. Maybe I should switch

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got to thinking about his MC pages before Sept.... you know me I always get fried and switch I switched to my wedding day again wish me luck that I don't mess up the journal box that I already wrote in pencil I did that before

mrs.farmer
Veteran
mrs.farmer
In response to anda11

Hi guys! So I am not currently working a "LO" but I am rebuilding.. I just came back to scrapping after a 5 yr hiatus Now I have to rebuild LOL but that seems to be the fun part! My DH is a little worried as I tend to get out of control.. Oh well I'll have a stash in no time! I love going through the store... I have a few ideas to start on this weekend hopefully my order gets here in time!

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to mrs.farmer

Linda, you go right ahead and switch around. You are having fun and glad you are. Sometimes you need to put a project aside and go back to it for a new perspective.

Steph, welcome back to scrapping. It's my passion and I enjoy it. There is still a lot of fun stuff to play with but ease into it. There are so many things I've purchased that just sort of sit there and stare at me.

No scrapping this week but I did purchase a few things from the clearance sale and if I get my paper written in time, I might go to a LSS with my friends on Friday. It's not really local, an hour away, but that's why I need to have my paper done first.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good weds morning everyone guess what? I messed up the journal box again I switched to my adorable neice as a kid

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

mrs.farmer, I will go into HL or M's to buy one thing and come out with several. But I do NEED them. I stand in front of the paper rack saying, "You have enough paper, just walk awa....ohhh roses!!!".

Glue I think that's why I loved that "Paper Bag Junk Journal" I got rid of so much. Lol, now what do I do with them?

I am making greeting cards. I need to make a mini album. One of my crafter friends said she just could not throw away cards she has received and I think an envelope mini album with an attached belly band would work. If not...oh well, it's just paper.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrs.farmer

• mrs.farmer Said:
Hi guys! So I am not currently working a "LO" but I am rebuilding.. I just came back to scrapping after a 5 yr hiatus Now I have to rebuild LOL but that seems to be the fun part! My DH is a little worried as I tend to get out of control.. Oh well I'll have a stash in no time! I love going through the store... I have a few ideas to start on this weekend hopefully my order gets here in time!

I am so excited that you are here Steph
do not feel bad.. I have quit scrapping before
I have rebuilt pages before it is great fun I agree that going to the stores are a blast we had 17 but now just 1. I can't drive anymore so I love online shopping too it is a blast too I love the store here it is easy to build stash

Edited by anda11 on 09-20-17 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda, you go right ahead and switch around. You are having fun and glad you are. Sometimes you need to put a project aside and go back to it for a new perspective.

Steph, welcome back to scrapping. It's my passion and I enjoy it. There is still a lot of fun stuff to play with but ease into it. There are so many things I've purchased that just sort of sit there and stare at me.

No scrapping this week but I did purchase a few things from the clearance sale and if I get my paper written in time, I might go to a LSS with my friends on Friday. It's not really local, an hour away, but that's why I need to have my paper done first.

congrats on buying the sale paper I sure hope that you get your paper done asap that sounds like so much fun going with your freinds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
mrs.farmer, I will go into HL or M's to buy one thing and come out with several. But I do NEED them. I stand in front of the paper rack saying, "You have enough paper, just walk awa....ohhh roses!!!".

Glue I think that's why I loved that "Paper Bag Junk Journal" I got rid of so much. Lol, now what do I do with them?

I am making greeting cards. I need to make a mini album. One of my crafter friends said she just could not throw away cards she has received and I think an envelope mini album with an attached belly band would work. If not...oh well, it's just paper.

that is sooo funny hon have fun on your greeting cards what is the mini album for?

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Anda I am not sure I will decorate this mini as it is a trial run to see if it will hold and display greeting cards.

Page 79 of 79 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics