Page 75 of 75 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to shygypsy

• shygypsy Said:
I usually go to both TMs every week. I haven't been there this week...as of yet. I have been busy trying to set up my craft room and enjoying every minute of it.

Congrats on your scraproom That is great that you are enjoying it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
No scrapping during the work week but once again it looks like rain on the weekend. I'll probably get some done then. Next Friday is my crop night so will at least get some page kits together.

Shygypsy, Glad you are having fun setting up your craft room. So much fun!

Kerella & Southgirl, DD is teaching elementary ed and certified to teach special ed. She'll be going on for her Master's in special ed. Has not heard yet about the position. She's getting anxious.

Southgirl, How fun for you to scrap pics of yourself. Do you have a particular paper line planned for your own album? I've started doing random pages about me, including some from when I was a child. I love doing that. You are right, gray is so neutral that any color will probably work. There is a blue and green in there that I'm going to try to match up. If not, I'll go with a darker gray that I'm sure I have.
Let me know how you like your MISTI. I'm considering getting one.

Kerella, Good Luck to your DD in finding a position while she completes her Master's. LOL on DH wanting everyone out of college. Graduations are kinda boring. My family wants me to "walk" when I graduate next year, but not sure if I will or not.

Off to the day... glad for a short work week.

I am sorry that you will not be able to scrap till the weekend I have used page kits when going cropping for yrs They sure do help
your dd must be a special person to teach all of those young minds That is wonderful that she is going for her masters
I think it is fun to scrap me too:)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
How is your craft room coming along Shy Gypsy? You are gong to love it - I definitely spend most of my life in mine. It's a good thing I invited my husband to put his desk in here or I would never see him!

He works on his stuff and I work on mine and we love it.

hello sweet Henri thanks for checking in I spend most of my time in my scraproom too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I have had my MISTI for a couple of years now and I love it. The best money I have spent on a tool that actually works. I had a huge wood mounted stamp collection but got rid of most of them because I could not get a consistent good impression. Then I tried a MISTI and IF (when) I don't get a perfect impression It holds the paper and stamp in place and I can do it over and over again till I get what I want. That and my WRMK envelope make are my favorite tools.

Glue I will cross my fingers for your daughter.

Shy I took over the dining room and the thought of moving it makes me ill. I do have an empty bedroom now and SHOULD move it in there. Have fun and keep us informed as to how it goes.

Hi hon thanks for telling us about your Misti I felt the same way when we moved recently

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Thanks Southgirl for the tip on the MISTI. I think it may be in my future when I get back to making more cards and thus using my stamps more. Thanks also for the good thoughts for DD. She is in a bit of limbo but will be home for 5-6 weeks at the end of June. If she gets the full time position, it'll be a mad rush to find her an apartment (&roommate) by August.
My scrap space is shared with the family room as this was the only space available in the house. I prefer it to the full basement I had in my old house as I enjoy having company of DH or one of the kids watching TV. If I want to hang out with them but don't want to watch what they have on, I scrap.

I need to work on DH's book this weekend. Don't know why I am procrastinating? My office/scrap space is kind of a mess... I'll clean up and see what happens.

I hope that your dd finds out fast I hope she gets the position she wants

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kerella

• kerella Said:
Gluegirl, thank you for the crossed fingers.

I didn't think I was going to walk, but my mother really wanted to mark the occasion. I realized how many of my friends and other women my age no longer have their Moms with them. So, I decided to walk and it made Mom's year.

That is great that you did walk so your mom could enjoy her day

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
  • kerella Said:
Gluegirl, thank you for the crossed fingers.

I didn't think I was going to walk, but my mother really wanted to mark the occasion. I realized how many of my friends and other women my age no longer have their Moms with them. So, I decided to walk and it made Mom's year.

So true. My Mom has been gone many years now and my Dad a couple of years ago but if it will make DH and the kids happy, I'll do it. Congratulations! It really is a big accomplishment for us to achieve this at this stage in life.

I think you deserve a round of applause for your acheivemments

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kerella

• kerella Said:
Linda,

Hope your back feels better soon!

Thanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Have been worrying! Glad you are okay and rest easy!

Thanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
WB Anda.

I have been making my TH Configuration Box that I bought a few years ago. Has anyone here decorated one? I never have and found it in my stash and decided to do it. I used Graphic 45 paper Secret Garden and chip board and lace.....lots of stuff I have collected over the years. It may weigh a few pounds after I get thru adding stuff on. I will take pictures when I am thru. I have another smaller one that maybe made into
a Halloween one.

that is funny that you mentioned that cause Andrea has made a bunch of amazing ones...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Yes! I've done six configurations boxes (the book-shaped ones) - check my gallery. I did a book theme, a baseball theme, a fall theme, a Christmas theme, a chemistry theme, and one based around a specific paper line. I've got three or four more planned.

every single one you made was just amazing Andrea it was a lot of fun looking at them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Oh Aqua they are so lovely. Mine is all over the place but you. you have done them so well.

Glue, my crop is tomorrow and Saturday. I will be thinking of you.... Have fun.

I was lucky enough to see them when she made them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Never did a Configuration box but checked it out and wow, so cool!
Like a shadow box but in book form.

Tomorrow night is my monthly scrap date with the girls. Need to try to put together some page kits to work on DH's book. It's getting down to crunch time.

I hope you have fun at your crop

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Southgirl, hope you are enjoying your crop!

I got 2 more LO's done for DH's book: one which is the intro to the book with his baby pics and the 2nd was a trip to CA with one of his oldest friends. I think I'll have time (&quiet) to work on more today. DH and DS will be out of the house all day. DD is home but going to a wedding so I'll have time today.

Anda, Hope your back is getting better! Gentle coming your way!

congrats on getting 2 more layouts done for hubbys book
I am glad that you will have more time today
It is much better now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Ugh I packed in a hurry for the crop and left the pictures behind and I needed some dies. But on the good side....I bought 2 Downton Abby dies at Tuesday Morning and a Sizzix die at HL (really pretty leaves) and a cropper was selling some Heartfelt dies and I bought one for $10!!!! Those things go for $30 to $40. Going back to the crop today with pictures this morning.

I am so sorry that you left pics behind & dies I hope you feel better with your new dies

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Well, I got back Wednesday. Had a great time....despite some crummy news.

Client ended up getting admitted Thursday, which meant no work Friday. That was ok, as I got to do some stuff prior to leaving Saturday. However, got a call at 4:30 pm Friday night........the dang agency is closing! NOT a happy camper.

I got quite a load of pics; just need to get them printed.

Now to 'relapse' a while.

I am glad that you had a good time
I am sorry that the agency is closing

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am all caught up I went back to the xmas page I was going thru my military papers..one pic matched so well it is almost done then I am also working on daddys ship.....I am pretty far :)Then I want to do the brothers in uniform

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Almost done with the Toronto album. Four more pages in that, then probably finishing up some pages from 2015.

I suddenly need post-bound albums again - my travel albums invariably run more than 60 pages (demanding a 3-ring album), or fewer than 20 pages (a waste of a good 3-ring album).

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Almost done with the Toronto album. Four more pages in that, then probably finishing up some pages from 2015.

I suddenly need post-bound albums again - my travel albums invariably run more than 60 pages (demanding a 3-ring album), or fewer than 20 pages (a waste of a good 3-ring album).

Andrea Congrats on getting so much done I may not remember correctly but I emailed WeR memory keepers yrs ago I thought their 3 rings held 100 pages. I do have it written somewhere

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just switched to my kids I am in Denese' s sports or play challenge I have been in it a few times she has a giift card this month:)

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Anda I just can't switch back and forth when crafting. I just guess I am an "if I see it I do it" kind of gal. And that might be why I get so bored and ready to move on to something else.

I was so tired after the crop. Why? I only sit and gab and play. I did get 3...ish pages done, played with my friends Inktense pencils and finished the configureation box. All the ladies loved what I had done to the box and one just couldn't leave it. So I gave it to her. One less item to bring home.

I got a new stamp and will play with it. I WILL finish mom's book. So y'all wont have to hear about it anymore.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Anda I just can't switch back and forth when crafting. I just guess I am an "if I see it I do it" kind of gal. And that might be why I get so bored and ready to move on to something else.

I was so tired after the crop. Why? I only sit and gab and play. I did get 3...ish pages done, played with my friends Inktense pencils and finished the configureation box. All the ladies loved what I had done to the box and one just couldn't leave it. So I gave it to her. One less item to bring home.

I got a new stamp and will play with it. I WILL finish mom's book. So y'all wont have to hear about it anymore.

I am so sorry you were so tired I am glad that you did have fun there That was nice for you to give the box away congrats on your new stamp Have fun playing with it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

luckily I remembered that I want to do a page about fathers day I was born on fathers day I want to put a pic of him holding me as baby... then I think I may put pics of me at different yrs pics of dad too.. I want the title to be.... the best fathers day gift dad ever got

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

today must be weird day for me I messed up the ribbon & xyron 2 times :)I kept looking for things for the contest.. I looked & looked & tried different things with no luck. I am not sure I like the bath page yet so I put that away for later... then I just moved to baseball pages. I wasn't sure I liked it but i think it might be good I have a cute chipboard baseball set that I love maybe I can enter the contest...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Hey Linda - you are such a sweetheart and so good about commenting to every post. You are an amazing host!

I haven't been on the boards all that much lately - trying to focus my time in scrapbooking.

Went into this year with 7 scrapbooks to make, and mine are about 100 pages each.

I have finished 3 1/2 of them and have 3 1/2 to go - and that is my goal! I try to do 100 pages a month now which breaks down to 5 pages a day with a few days when I don't have time to scrap or when I only get a page or two, so I have plenty of time to do 1 each month without rushing too much.

Did a book in March while we were in Hawaii - couldn't believe I pulled that off and I really am happy with the book! That was the Carribean and the Bermuda cruise. The book is called "Islands in the Sun" - its done and printed.

In April I did "Welcome Aboard - Part 1" which was 86 pages of our drive through Spain and then getting on the cruise ship in Barcelona, as well as the first port or two on the ship."

In May I did "Welcome Aboard - Part 2" which finished the first segment of our cruise. (We took 4 cruises in a row on the same ship). That one went all over Europe and other places.

Now in June, I'm doing "Welcome Aboard - Part 3" - I've done 43 pages and will get a lot done tonight I think, as it is all picked out for pictures and papers and journaling is done.

In July, I'm doing "Welcome Aboard - Part 4" which is the Holy Lands again and a lot more Greece - and more Italy.

Then in August, I'm doing "Welcome Aboard - Part 5" which finishes off the cruise with the 4th segment - from Rome back home to Florida. Since that was mostly transatlantic cruising with not a lot of ports, its not a huge book. I will finish that book with Halloween and Christmas pictures and grandkids pictures and things to the end of the book.

In September I will be doing the last on the list on the pile to be scrapped called "Where's the Beach?". That cover our cruise this January to the Dominican Republic (we were there for 3 1/2 days and were docked at a private resort. We expected a beach and were looking forward to 3 1/2 days just chilling by the ocean and soaking up sun. There was no beach - just a little strip of tourist shops and a pool, although a nice pool. Thus the title, "Where's the Beach?" - We couldn't believe there wasn't a beach on the resort!

Also, that is going to be short since the cruise had just one port and we didn't do much, only on afternoon away from the Amber Cove resort so most of that book will be January-current at home. There is a month of Hawaii that will go in there and then home again and more family stuff.

Then I'm caught up and will work on my mother's cookbook, which is paper and trimmer instead of digital.

How are you feeling?

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl

Not much scrapping since the Friday crop. Started to assemble pics & paper for a page in DH's book but it's just a thought still.
Work and high temps all week (AC's aren't in yet ) will also interrupt my process.

Southgirl, I go to crops and do the same thing... visiting and talking and looking at other ladies' work. It's still fun if not very productive.

Suebird, Sorry to hear about the agency closing. Hope you get something else that fits your needs and schedule. Glad you had fun while away.

Henri, Wow, you get so much done so quickly! Your travels sound wonderful.

Aqua, I would like if they'd make a smaller 3 ring binder album for vacations or theme albums... it would not be a huge market but I think it would sell.

Anda, I'd love to see the LO you create about being born on father's day. Great title!

suebird
Expert
suebird

Finally posting after a week and a half or so.

Vacation was great, though we would have stayed longer if we could. Had shifts to cover, and with all the other 'drama' going on.....

Got a lot of pictures, of course. Now to get them developed.

I still haven't heard squat about the agency closing, which sucks. Sorry, but that's how I feel right now.

Hope you all are doing great.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• gluemore girl Said:

Aqua, I would like if they'd make a smaller 3 ring binder album for vacations or theme albums... it would not be a huge market but I think it would sell.

Yes, this! The 2-3 inch ring binders are great for a big album, but some projects are shorter. Like, I needed a big album for our five-day trip to Washington, or our five-day trip to St Louis, or our four-day trip to Universal Studios, but not for our three-day trips to Pittsburgh or Toronto. The planner/Snap type albums are thinner, but aren't 12x12, and most of the post-bound albums are kind of cheaply made (and I haven't bought Pioneer albums in years, got tired of having to trim my layouts to fit).

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I just finished this it is David Gatliff Twins baseball pg 1

David Gatliff Twins baseball pg 1 June Sports & play challenge By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Hey Linda - you are such a sweetheart and so good about commenting to every post. You are an amazing host!

I haven't been on the boards all that much lately - trying to focus my time in scrapbooking.

Went into this year with 7 scrapbooks to make, and mine are about 100 pages each.

I have finished 3 1/2 of them and have 3 1/2 to go - and that is my goal! I try to do 100 pages a month now which breaks down to 5 pages a day with a few days when I don't have time to scrap or when I only get a page or two, so I have plenty of time to do 1 each month without rushing too much.

Did a book in March while we were in Hawaii - couldn't believe I pulled that off and I really am happy with the book! That was the Carribean and the Bermuda cruise. The book is called "Islands in the Sun" - its done and printed.

In April I did "Welcome Aboard - Part 1" which was 86 pages of our drive through Spain and then getting on the cruise ship in Barcelona, as well as the first port or two on the ship."

In May I did "Welcome Aboard - Part 2" which finished the first segment of our cruise. (We took 4 cruises in a row on the same ship). That one went all over Europe and other places.

Now in June, I'm doing "Welcome Aboard - Part 3" - I've done 43 pages and will get a lot done tonight I think, as it is all picked out for pictures and papers and journaling is done.

In July, I'm doing "Welcome Aboard - Part 4" which is the Holy Lands again and a lot more Greece - and more Italy.

Then in August, I'm doing "Welcome Aboard - Part 5" which finishes off the cruise with the 4th segment - from Rome back home to Florida. Since that was mostly transatlantic cruising with not a lot of ports, its not a huge book. I will finish that book with Halloween and Christmas pictures and grandkids pictures and things to the end of the book.

In September I will be doing the last on the list on the pile to be scrapped called "Where's the Beach?". That cover our cruise this January to the Dominican Republic (we were there for 3 1/2 days and were docked at a private resort. We expected a beach and were looking forward to 3 1/2 days just chilling by the ocean and soaking up sun. There was no beach - just a little strip of tourist shops and a pool, although a nice pool. Thus the title, "Where's the Beach?" - We couldn't believe there wasn't a beach on the resort!

Also, that is going to be short since the cruise had just one port and we didn't do much, only on afternoon away from the Amber Cove resort so most of that book will be January-current at home. There is a month of Hawaii that will go in there and then home again and more family stuff.

Then I'm caught up and will work on my mother's cookbook, which is paper and trimmer instead of digital.

How are you feeling?

That is very very sweet of you to say
all of the people on here are amazing, funny, smart, helpful, loving,kind, friendly I am so happy to be friends with all of you

I don't blame you for scrapping instead of the boards You have half of those pages?albums done so you deserve applause
I bet that you will get all the pages done that you want you are so good at that I am also glad that you will not need to be in a hurry
I am so glad that you finished your Hawaii album the title sounds perfect

that is amazing that you were driving through Spain That is amazing that you went on a world cruise

you guys were so fortunate to be able to see t he world
that is so funny about trying to find the beach in the Dominican Republic that is a perfect title so funny too
I don't blame you for trying to get all of these done all of your albums will be a treasure to enjoy for yrs & yrs

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Not much scrapping since the Friday crop. Started to assemble pics & paper for a page in DH's book but it's just a thought still.
Work and high temps all week (AC's aren't in yet ) will also interrupt my process.

Southgirl, I go to crops and do the same thing... visiting and talking and looking at other ladies' work. It's still fun if not very productive.

Suebird, Sorry to hear about the agency closing. Hope you get something else that fits your needs and schedule. Glad you had fun while away.

Henri, Wow, you get so much done so quickly! Your travels sound wonderful.

Anda, I'd love to see the LO you create about being born on father's day. Great title!

I am so sorry about your high temps with no air that makes everything hard to do sometimes
I also agree that going to crops is to socialize & talk with friends

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Finally posting after a week and a half or so.

Vacation was great, though we would have stayed longer if we could. Had shifts to cover, and with all the other 'drama' going on.....

Got a lot of pictures, of course. Now to get them developed.

I still haven't heard squat about the agency closing, which sucks. Sorry, but that's how I feel right now.

Hope you all are doing great.

I am glad that you had a good time on your vacation
I do not blame you for feeling bad about it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • gluemore girl Said:

Yes, this! The 2-3 inch ring binders are great for a big album, but some projects are shorter. Like, I needed a big album for our five-day trip to Washington, or our five-day trip to St Louis, or our four-day trip to Universal Studios, but not for our three-day trips to Pittsburgh or Toronto. The planner/Snap type albums are thinner, but aren't 12x12, and most of the post-bound albums are kind of cheaply made (and I haven't bought Pioneer albums in years, got tired of having to trim my layouts to fit).

It is a shame that this a problem.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I finished page 2

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to anda11

Anda,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy

Henri,

My craft room is coming along nicely. Trying to figure out where to put the furniture can be quite a task. A few weeks ago, I asked him if he could move the cabinet, lawyer bookcase, and extra large bookshelf again. He used the pads underneath to help move the furniture a lot easier. While he was trying to remove the pads, I said something along the lines of..."No...no...leave them in case I change my mind." I got "the look".

In order to keep costs down, I am trying to use the furniture that we already had in the house. I thought about painting them to give it a more "cohesive" look. I didn't because I don't have the heart to paint the lawyers bookcase. I changed my original plan of colors for painting walls/accent colors when I decided against painting the lawyer bookcase. So, trying to put it all together is a challenge but I am still enjoying every minute of it.

Tackling the "paper hoard" is at a standstill at the moment. I have already used over 40 cropper hopper vertical paper holders. I bought all that J's had in stock a few weeks ago and had ordered another 25 online from another source. I thought that would be enough, but apparently not. I am going to have to figure out how many more I will need (and will fit in the bookshelf).

I love this room...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to shygypsy

Glad to hear its coming along so nicely. Setting up a craft room is so much fun. I am so funny about the way I love to organize things so I can always put my hand on anything. I really enjoy that part of it - as much as the scrapping!

The lawyer's bookcases are beautiful - how lucky to have one in your scraproom! I doubt I would paint it either!

I know "the look". I get that look frequently from my husband. I know the pads you are talking about. My husband has sliders and my son has a big set of professional sleigh-type sliders. Really makes it easy to move things around.

Glad you are enjoying your room!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to shygypsy

• shygypsy Said:
Anda,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

I am so happy that you are here Akiko
I am having a wonderful week I am always scrapping now

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Lol at "The Look". My love does not give it often but I saw a friend's hubby give her "The Look" when she used the phrase "I saved money by buying it".

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to southgirl

Southgirl - "I saved money by buying it"...made me laugh!!! Today, I asked him to rearrange the lawyers bookcase. I had tried it with the open space (without the glass door) at the top and decided I wanted it on the bottom. Didn't get "the look". He did say something along the lines of..."I don't understand why you keep moving things around and around. If It was me, I would just do it like I shop. I go in and just get what I want and then get out. I don't look around. So if I was putting this room together, I would have placed it in one place and left it there. But apparently, for reasons that I cannot understand, you like to put something here then move it somewhere else...and so on. At least you are happy doing it, it would drive me crazy." LOL!!!!!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to shygypsy

Yay!!!!!!! Mama's scrapbook is finished.

What to do, what to do....make envelopes for birthday cards? Do another configureation box? Make a mini scrapbook using Kathy Orta King's hidden hinge method? So many possibilities.

Edited by southgirl on 06-16-17 04:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to shygypsy

• shygypsy Said:
Henri,

My craft room is coming along nicely. Trying to figure out where to put the furniture can be quite a task. A few weeks ago, I asked him if he could move the cabinet, lawyer bookcase, and extra large bookshelf again. He used the pads underneath to help move the furniture a lot easier. While he was trying to remove the pads, I said something along the lines of..."No...no...leave them in case I change my mind." I got "the look".

In order to keep costs down, I am trying to use the furniture that we already had in the house. I thought about painting them to give it a more "cohesive" look. I didn't because I don't have the heart to paint the lawyers bookcase. I changed my original plan of colors for painting walls/accent colors when I decided against painting the lawyer bookcase. So, trying to put it all together is a challenge but I am still enjoying every minute of it.

Tackling the "paper hoard" is at a standstill at the moment. I have already used over 40 cropper hopper vertical paper holders. I bought all that J's had in stock a few weeks ago and had ordered another 25 online from another source. I thought that would be enough, but apparently not. I am going to have to figure out how many more I will need (and will fit in the bookshelf).

I love this room...

I am so happy that it is coming along nicely
I know what look you are talking about
Is it possible to line the back of the shelves to make it more cohesive? you could use fabric, wall paper
I totally understand about collecting paper for years I have always had so much too
I am so happy that you are loving your room Akiko

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Glad to hear its coming along so nicely. Setting up a craft room is so much fun. I am so funny about the way I love to organize things so I can always put my hand on anything. I really enjoy that part of it - as much as the scrapping!

The lawyer's bookcases are beautiful - how lucky to have one in your scraproom! I doubt I would paint it either!

I know "the look". I get that look frequently from my husband. I know the pads you are talking about. My husband has sliders and my son has a big set of professional sleigh-type sliders. Really makes it easy to move things around.

Glad you are enjoying your room!

Henri is right.. i think your lawyer bookcase is going to be beautiful in your room
I think every husband has the LOOK

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Yay!!!!!!! Mama's scrapbook is finished.

What to do, what to do....make envelopes for birthday cards? Do another configureation box? Make a mini scrapbook using Kathy Orta King's hidden hinge method? So many possibilities.

I am so excited that your moms scrapbook is finally finished
Isn't that great feeling when you are contimplating your next fun project
Have a blast

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Here is pg 2 of David Gatliff Twins baseball

David Gatliff Twins baseball pg 2 JUne sports & share & win challenge By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am kinda excted My ex sent me some money for my birthday again It was enough for me to get a WRMK album here
I pulled out a couple golf trips to do but I do not have matting paper for one. I am pulling out the next to see

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Thankfully I saw the horse page with my dad so I am finishing it

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

I found that Michael's has Tim Holtz oxide ink so I bought a few to try them. But then I saw Dyan Reaverly stamp with a hipster cat and bull dog and then I found Mermaid watercolor pens. I bought these items and quickly left before I found anything else and now I am going to play with them.

Edited by southgirl on 06-19-17 07:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I found that Michael's has Tim Holtz oxide ink so I bought a few to try them. But then I saw Dyan Waverly stamp with a hipster cat and bull dog and then I found Mermaid watercolor pens. I bought these items and quickly left before I found anything else and now I am going to play with them.

Congratulations on your new purchases Have fun playing with them

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Still no scrapping here. Finally got AC put into the window that is over one of my work stations so I had to pull everything out on Wednesday night and have not put it back together!

Southgirl, Congrats on finishing your Mother's book! If you've posted, I'll be looking for it. I have made the Kathy Orta hidden hinge album using a tutorial for the File folder mini album by Ginger (my sister's scrapper). That is a fun project if you are looking for one. Have fun with your new goodies.

Shygypsy, You keep re-organizing girl... it's part of the fun and the process. Men don't see things the way we do. I will ask DH to look around a room and see what he pictures and he really cannot do it. You will find a way to make the room look cohesive. Sounds like you are relishing your space. So happy for you.

Anda, Yay on the bday $ to get the album! I'm off to go look at your page 2 and looking forward to seeing your Dad and the horse page.

Enjoy the weekend!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I had posted a few pages but not the last ones as they contain personal information on them.

The Oxide inks work good. It has a bit of a learning curve.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Still no scrapping here. Finally got AC put into the window that is over one of my work stations so I had to pull everything out on Wednesday night and have not put it back together!

Southgirl, Congrats on finishing your Mother's book! If you've posted, I'll be looking for it. I have made the Kathy Orta hidden hinge album using a tutorial for the File folder mini album by Ginger (my sister's scrapper). That is a fun project if you are looking for one. Have fun with your new goodies.

Shygypsy, You keep re-organizing girl... it's part of the fun and the process. Men don't see things the way we do. I will ask DH to look around a room and see what he pictures and he really cannot do it. You will find a way to make the room look cohesive. Sounds like you are relishing your space. So happy for you.

Anda, Yay on the bday $ to get the album! I'm off to go look at your page 2 and looking forward to seeing your Dad and the horse page.

Enjoy the weekend!

I am so sorry that you are not able to scrap yet it seems like the air has been a lot of work.
I just finished it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I had posted a few pages but not the last ones as they contain personal information on them.

The Oxide inks work good. It has a bit of a learning curve.

I am glad you are liking the Oxide ink

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Just about done cleaning off my table that I started doing last night. Went for a long walk with a BFF, napped and went to a party at a neighbor's house. Came home and started straightening out.
I may try out my fuse tool this morning and will see if I can get his Vegas adventure laid out to scrap.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Morning, I think! It's been so hot lately, plus the road time for work.....I am tired. I don't get paid to think much on my days off.

Am awaiting a bunch of pictures so I can eventually start scrapping part of vacation. Will have to get the rest printed later on. Want to get an idea of how all I am going to scrap things, first.

The Oxides sound interesting.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I am not sure II love this yet dad on a horse

Howdy Dad on a horse June Heritage & sports & 10 share challenges By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Just about done cleaning off my table that I started doing last night. Went for a long walk with a BFF, napped and went to a party at a neighbor's house. Came home and started straightening out.
I may try out my fuse tool this morning and will see if I can get his Vegas adventure laid out to scrap.

whoohoo on getting your table almost clean I am glad that you went on a walk with a friend I am glad that you went to a party
Have fun using your Fuse tool I do hope that you can get his Vegas adventure ready to scrap

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Morning, I think! It's been so hot lately, plus the road time for work.....I am tired. I don't get paid to think much on my days off.

Am awaiting a bunch of pictures so I can eventually start scrapping part of vacation. Will have to get the rest printed later on. Want to get an idea of how all I am going to scrap things, first.

The Oxides sound interesting.

I an so sorry that it has been so hot I am sorry that your work drive is so hot & tiring I am sorry that it makes you so tired
I hope that when you start working on your vacation photos that it goes together easily & that it is fun

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think I am going to work on the same name page again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have most of the letters adhered

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Monday afternoon I only have a little left on the name page Then I need to Stickle it

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

May May Made It has a video on napkin fold card. So I tried it. Really easy to do but the card is a bit bulky and not easily mailable.

I stamped and colored some images. Just playing around. Got a dozen envelopes made. I do love my WRMK envelope maker.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

It's hump day and summer so not easy to find time to scrap but last night I made an effort to clean off my table more and made a card with a few scraps that were laying around. I still need to add a sentiment to the outside and inside but happy that I did what I did.

Anda, Looking forward to seeing your name page. I need to get pics of my LO's and start uploading. I've only uploaded a couple but not yet of DH's LO's. I know I won't finish by mid-July but deciding if I'll give him what I have or make him wait?
What do you think?

Southgirl, I think I have the envelope maker too. I bought and used it when I made the file folder mini album. I love me some paper therapy when I'm stressed out so making the card was helpful in this hectic week.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Glue I am in a birthday club and make my own envelopes. But I did make an envelope mini album (using Kathy Orta Kings hidden hinge method) that I just donated to a fund raiser. See the cute 3 envelope mini album? I wonder if I could mail that as a birthday card?

Halloween Envelope Minibook By Southgirl

Inside Halloween Envelope Minibook By Southgirl

I have to make 3 cards each month. Easy huh? Well I am stressed out. I made a gate fold card that was ok. but decided to haul out my Elizabeth Crafts accordion dies and make some cards. Stress big time. I want them to fold flat as they can be and they are wonky. I just tossed them into the trash. So onto pan B whatever that is.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Glue I am in a birthday club and make my own envelopes. But I did make an envelope mini album (using Kathy Orta Kings hidden hinge method) that I just donated to a fund raiser. See the cute 3 envelope mini album? I wonder if I could mail that as a birthday card?

Inside Halloween Envelope Minibook By Southgirl

I have to make 3 cards each month. Easy huh? Well I am stressed out. I made a gate fold card that was ok. but decided to haul out my Elizabeth Crafts accordion dies and make some cards. Stress big time. I want them to fold flat as they can be and they are wonky. I just tossed them into the trash. So onto pan B whatever that is.

So I absolutely LOVE this! I think it would mail as a package in a different envie but what a special gift! Can you send me a link to the tutorial? I would love to make that for a patient of mine.

I used to join swaps but they would stress me out. (everything stresses me out). I also sold CM way back in the day. I have enough deadlines and projects btwn work and home so decided to keep paper crafting purely for me. You are an artist so you'll get it done and it will be beautiful. My cards are pre-cut and made from the scraps on my table and a few sentiment stamps. I started doing cards to use up scraps but I end up making more scraps!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

This is a Youtube video of the envelope mini album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4J-C-wpXsw

I know, I have so much scraps and sometimes i just toss it away.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

here is my same name page

My 2 rays of sunshine copy Dreaslee...10. share By Anda11

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Thanks for the link Southgirl. I saved it.

Anda, Love how the name page came out.
My son was named after both my Dad and brother and DH and his Dad. We took Middle name of DH and his Dad and made it his 1st then the First name of my Dad and bro and made it his middle name.
I have pics of DS with his grandfathers and of course my DH but not my bro since he passed before he was born. You've reminded me that I want to do my own name page for him with pics of all for whom he was named. Thank you for the inspiration.

So I pulled out the fuse tool and was able to cut the full size shutter page (12x12) down to 6x12. It worked and it did require a little more pressure than I expected. I guess they did not want to make the tool too hot. I will look forward to practicing on some other pieces now that I've finally used it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
May May Made It has a video on napkin fold card. So I tried it. Really easy to do but the card is a bit bulky and not easily mailable.

I stamped and colored some images. Just playing around. Got a dozen envelopes made. I do love my WRMK envelope maker.

That napkin fold card sounds great I am glad that you were coloring & stamping I am glad that you love your envie maker

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
It's hump day and summer so not easy to find time to scrap but last night I made an effort to clean off my table more and made a card with a few scraps that were laying around. I still need to add a sentiment to the outside and inside but happy that I did what I did.

Anda, Looking forward to seeing your name page. I need to get pics of my LO's and start uploading. I've only uploaded a couple but not yet of DH's LO's. I know I won't finish by mid-July but deciding if I'll give him what I have or make him wait?
What do you think?

Southgirl, I think I have the envelope maker too. I bought and used it when I made the file folder mini album. I love me some paper therapy when I'm stressed out so making the card was helpful in this hectic week.

I am sorry that you won't have
much time to scrap I am glad you finished a card I think you could do either make a cute card that says he has to wait for his gift & then give it to him You could also give it to him not done but tell him that you still have some pages left to do

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Woo hoo! Got some of my vacation pictures printed. Now to think about layouts.

Did get my July schedule for work; it's only 2 weeks, due to the place pulling out of 2 states. For all I know, the new agency may take over the case by July 1st, which negates the received schedule. I shall see.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to suebird

No scrapping but took fun pics of DD and me this weekend. We had a bit of a girls' weekend. She's home now for a month or so and waiting to hear details about a job.
She said she'll help me with DH's book.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I made the envelope mini album as a card...it is a bit bulky tho. I got kidnapped and went to West Arkansas on a really nice drive with my sweetie. Bought some Arkansas native peaches. Thinking of doing a stair step card IF I can find the template.

Sue and Glue I am sending good JUJU vibes on y'all's job situation. I just know things will work out .

Page 75 of 75 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics