Page 5 of 68 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear dear friends... I am scrapping today. I tried stamping the title but didn't care for it. I switched colors & I love it. I am starting that right now. It is the heritage challenge one. I am so glad I love it now.
You guys are right... they do fall through lots of times so I know that may happen. I did find 2 more that are similar to that one. WE will look at those. I also have more to look at.
How are you guys doing?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

My first job for the day is to get my flat stamps organized. I had separated the flats from the handles and put the flats into a good-sized container...then my order from sb came with another 15 or 20 stamps, so it's time to organize.

Hubby crawled under a desk and found a box of old photo albums. For now I'll use one of them and get my stamps half-way organized. I may do something different later, but for now I will at least be able to see what I have...and use them!

I hope to work on a LO to finish up the Tahoe trip I'm currently working on.

Another sb order is coming by UPS today, so I'll get my exercise running to the door every time I hear the rumble of a truck outside. Anticipation!

Tonight is our at-home date night, so it's Chinese take-out and a movie...one of the Pirates of the Caribbean ones...On Stranger Tides, so hubby is happy. He deserves it since the last couple weeks he's sat through rom-coms with me and hasn't complained :>)

Hopefully you'll soon hear some good house-hunting news, Linda. You've had enough of the bad news!

OK...gotta get some work done~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
My first job for the day is to get my flat stamps organized. I had separated the flats from the handles and put the flats into a good-sized container...then my order from sb came with another 15 or 20 stamps, so it's time to organize.

Hubby crawled under a desk and found a box of old photo albums. For now I'll use one of them and get my stamps half-way organized. I may do something different later, but for now I will at least be able to see what I have...and use them!

I hope to work on a LO to finish up the Tahoe trip I'm currently working on.

Another sb order is coming by UPS today, so I'll get my exercise running to the door every time I hear the rumble of a truck outside. Anticipation!

Tonight is our at-home date night, so it's Chinese take-out and a movie...one of the Pirates of the Caribbean ones...On Stranger Tides, so hubby is happy. He deserves it since the last couple weeks he's sat through rom-coms with me and hasn't complained :>)

Hopefully you'll soon hear some good house-hunting news, Linda. You've had enough of the bad news!

OK...gotta get some work done~Judy

Hi Judy, you are so right about using them so much more when organized. I am glad your dh found something you could use for now. Congrats on your new stamps & goodies. I think you should order everyday. You know you are supposed to exercise daily. Enjoy the new purchase & opening them.
Have fun on date night. I think date night is a wonderful thing to do. I hope you two enjoy it.
I hope you are able to finish the tahoe page.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still in the stamping process. My dd came over on her way to work to drop off her new tablet for Dave to play with. They are cool. I never saw one before.:) I was visiting with her. Plus the title is very long. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
crossing my fingers for you, Linda!!!!!

I got scrappy goodies in the mail today! A new set of Paris themed stamps from Justrite, and FIVE new dies from Memory Box and My Favorite Things! I've been inky all day!

Paris card By CommaHolly

Dear Holly, this is magnifgicent. You are a true card artist.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to anda11

I'm working on Christmas cards this week. I usually send out about 30 of them so I have to start making them early. I usually make up at least 4 of each design to speed up the process a little.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to olleharr

• olleharr Said:
I'm working on Christmas cards this week. I usually send out about 30 of them so I have to start making them early. I usually make up at least 4 of each design to speed up the process a little.

Hi Lisa, Glad you are joining us. I am glad you are working on your cards already. I make over 30 too. I have been known to have them done in July. I had a friend who we had our Xmas cards crop in July every yr & played xmas music too.
I haven't done that for yrs. In fact you make me realize that I do not have any idea for mine yet. lol Great you are here too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon everybody, Today is another great day. I am going to finish that page I was working on.:) I have the title stamped except for 1 word. I also am planning on stamping some images too. What are you dear people doing today? I am not looking at anymore houses today. my page is calling me. lol

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-15-12 11:25 AM
In response to anda11

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I was in NYC all week. I'm toggling between catching up on my forums, and being crafty. I set today aside to work on my wedding album. So far I have done: 1 load of dishes. 2 loads of laundry. 4 vertical paper organizers repaired. 8 new stick pins made. 0 wedding pages

I'm going to go back and try to catch up on what's going on with everyone but I wanted to say Hi!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Welcome back. My oldest daughter and her family were in NYC the last half of this week also. In fact they're probably just taking off now to fly home. They were in DC for the first part of the week. We had thought about going with them, but I just couldn't get my act together. We might drive back in the fall...well, later in the fall :>) ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I was in NYC all week. I'm toggling between catching up on my forums, and being crafty. I set today aside to work on my wedding album. So far I have done: 1 load of dishes. 2 loads of laundry. 4 vertical paper organizers repaired. 8 new stick pins made. 0 wedding pages

I'm going to go back and try to catch up on what's going on with everyone but I wanted to say Hi!

Hey, do not feel like you need to catch up on our posts right now. WE totally understand. YOU SHOULD WORK ON YOUR WEDDING pages. RIGHT Now.. :)
I know sometimes, I procrastinate so I don't mess them up. I say go ahead a do them. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just made dinner so I am now back to finish this page.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-15-12 12:27 PM
In response to anda11

Hehe yeah I know, I need to work on them. Still haven't started a new page, but I was rooting around in my stash and found this key that I forgot I had. I felt the need to add it to one of my pages that I'd previously marked "finished" so I went back and added that.

Do you guys ever do that? Finish a page and then a week or month or more later you decide you want to add something, stickle something, or mist something on there? I feel like I do that all the time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Hehe yeah I know, I need to work on them. Still haven't started a new page, but I was rooting around in my stash and found this key that I forgot I had. I felt the need to add it to one of my pages that I'd previously marked "finished" so I went back and added that.

Do you guys ever do that? Finish a page and then a week or month or more later you decide you want to add something, stickle something, or mist something on there? I feel like I do that all the time.

I totally do that. I have added stuff to layouts years later. I think it doesn't mater. They are your pages, so why not make them the way you would like? LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have now stamped & torn my title so now I have to see what color ink I want to do them with.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hey Judy, did you & your dh have a fun date night last night?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Date Night was great except Panda Express didn't give us our fortune cookies or sweet/sour sauce. Hubby will get doubles next week lol I managed to stay awake for the movie, but I was never sure who were the bad guys and who were the good guys. I know Jack Sparrow and the English were obvious with the uniforms. I hate movies that are so darkly lit. I can't distinguish faces well enough. But we look forward to some together time.

We're retired, so you'd think we'd have together time all the time, but we each get busy with our own projects and don't really just spend time together. Date Nights...our friends/family don't call unless their hair is on fire so we have peace and quiet. (and luckily the hair on fire seldom happens )

We first tried going out, but we both decided we enjoy being home better and getting our Netflix fix each week lol No bad waiters, no screaming babies, no traffic, no tipping for bad service...except for having to go get our Chinese take-out~

It's soooo hot today, I hate to touch scrappy stuff and get it all yukky, but I want to play! This week has just been crazy and I don't think I scrapped at all. Part of it was getting two boxes from sb and having to figure out where to put my new stash. Yesterday was organizing my no-handle stamps, but I have just a few of those left to do. I can at least do that with sweaty paws~

Glad you're almost through with your LO, Linda. I bet you're already thinking what you'll work on next Jarvae, have fun working on your wedding LOs! ~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-15-12 06:12 PM

Judy, we are the same way. Of course, I eat out all the time for work so when I come home on the weekends, the last thing I want to do is go sit at a restaurant, wait forever, have mediocre service, AND have to wear a bra! Give me Netflix, some yummy food, and my PJs and that's my idea of a perfect date.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-15-12 06:13 PM
In response to Vae

Okay so I ALMOST made a page. Got everything laid out, ready to glue down, and decided I didn't like it AT all. So it's back to the drawing board.

I did do a little cutting and gluing with some rhinestones and a few paper layers, but I love the way that turned out and I can't wait to use it on a future page. It just wasn't right for the kissing photo and the KISS letters I want to use.

I'm gonna go watch Interview with the Vampire with Rob and call it a night. Hopefully tomorrow my mojo will show up. Night all!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon everyone. I have my page on the table so I can see if I like it. I am adding stuff to it to see what looks good. I haven't chosen inking color yet. I do want to finish it today since I wasn't sure last night what I wanted.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

I FINALLY FINISHED MY SON'S FIRST BIRTHDAY ALBUM!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!! Yay for me!

I went to a crop yesterday, from 5:30 until 8:30 (it was an all-day crop but I had a soccer game then work till 5). My goal was 3 pages, I generally do 1 page per hour. Not only did I do the 3 pages, but they were the last ones for the album, I finished the embellies for other pages, and bound them this morning!!! I feel great!

I have only been scrapping for a year, so in that time I have completed the second six months of my sons life, up to his b-day party. The first six month pics were put in a regular photo album, then I lost the memory stick for a while. I just found the mem stick and printed the pics again, and they will be my next project. Time to use all the baby boy paper and stickers, etc that I have been collecting/hoarding! But since pinks and brights are my fave colors to scrap with, there will prob be a lot of unusual baby-boy-themed pages!

I borrowed a cricut and used the paper dolls cart for some of the pirate die cuts, that got me out of my slump and finished with the project!

As soon as I can get my butt off the computer, my plan is to photograph the pages and put them in my gallery...look for them soon!! - Chris

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

Check out my gallery, peeps! This is my sons first bday album...over 200 pics were taken, lots by children, so there were lots of garbage pictures! Almost no composed shots, candids were wild and messy, but I wanted to incorporate all of the guests and activities, plus we had a special pirate theme I carried from the party through to the album.

I am very proud, my fave pages are actually the last three I did, "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum", "Max #1 Matey", and "Treasure Hunters". But I love that I was able to take the bad pics and collage them yearbook-style for the two pages "Mateys" and "More Mateys". Hope you all enjoy! ARRRGH!!! - Chris

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-16-12 05:40 PM
In response to Juansmom

Yay congrats Chris!!! That is a huge accomplishment!! It's always nice to complete a project.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-16-12 06:05 PM
In response to Vae

Well I finally got one page done this weekend.
I might end up redoing it later- I need to let it sit for a few days and then look at it again and see if I like it then.

I am happy I got to use the stick pins I just made yesterday. When I made them I had no idea if I would be able to use them... so I'm pleased about that

The Kiss
By Jarvae

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-16-12 06:13 PM

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Welcome back. My oldest daughter and her family were in NYC the last half of this week also. In fact they're probably just taking off now to fly home. They were in DC for the first part of the week. We had thought about going with them, but I just couldn't get my act together. We might drive back in the fall...well, later in the fall :>) ~Judy

Drive?? From San Diego to NYC? wow. That's quite a road trip!! How long does that take?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Well, we seldom go anywhere in a straight line, so time is hard to figure...plus I can drive some pretty long days. We see things in the daylight, then drive more boring areas in the dark. I love road trips...so much flexibility and can see everything between "here" and "there". I've driven to all the states...except Hawaii :>) ...most states several times. I'm not called MrsDriver for nothing lol

When hubby worked, he was a carpenter and basically got no vacation, but in later years he'd take Thanksgiving week off since they didn't work Thursday or Friday anyway. We'd leave when he got off work on Friday and get home sometime the next Sunday night, but in those little-over-9 days, we could do a lot. One year we drove to the end of Key West, FL, camped in the Everglades, visited the Alamo, spent more than half a day in New Orleans...

One 3-day weekend we drove to Oregon for ice cream :>) Only about 1,000 miles each way~ Yep, we're road-trippers...although I love flying, trains, boats. I guess I just like to travel!~Judy

angik
angik 
Expert
angik
  • angik on 09-17-12 09:51 AM
In response to anda11

I started a calendar.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am going to try & finish my heritage page that is almost done. I haven't been able to work on it due to being busy & a couple headaches. My meds work but then sometimes I still feel it is in my eye even though it doesn't hurt if that makes sense. lol
I know I have lots of wonderful posts to read.
I hope you are all doing ok. or great...lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am very sad & very thankful. Dh just got off the phone with his cardiologist. He said that Dave's heart is too bad to have back surgery. It is long & it would cause him to have heart attack & they would not be able to save him when it did. He would die.
I am deeply sad he has to deal with the pain but I am so very thankful to not lose him.
The good thing is that the morphine has been working now for a couple weeks & he is able to take care of himself. He can walk without the walker. He is still too sore to do lots of things but he is an avid reader. He loves tv. especially the history channel etc.Our dd has been leaving her tablet when she goes to work so he has been playing with it.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I'm so sorry for the news, but thankfully the doctors were truthful and didn't try to do things they shouldn't. I'm glad to hear that he is able to be up and moving around a bit. Now...if your head/eye aches would disappear, that would help your spirits also.

I understand how you feel about being sad, but thankful. That's how I felt when they said hubby's prostate cancer was too far advanced to do surgery. They wouldn't even do any more invasive tests because they were afraid of causing more harm. But they did agree to try radiation, although they said he was too far gone...but he's stubborn and God is good. That was back in 1998 (they gave him a year or two at most) and he's the orneriest guy around :>) He still gets a shot every three months, but yeah...it all worked out even though I was really bummed when we kept hearing about these wonderful surgeries, but no one would operate on him. The cancer definitely isn't gone, but it's in remission...it could come back any time since a drug often begins losing it's usefulness after long-term use, but we're so very thankful for what we've been given!

Praying it all works out good for you two also. I learned it's not only taking one day at a time...but truly enjoying each day at a time.

Sorry to ramble...I know my "stuff" isn't what you're dealing with, but so often things work out in ways we never could have dreamed. Hugs to you both~Judy

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to anda11

I understand how you feel. I am not to the point of having to sell my parents house as of yet but the thought of not being able to go home and someone else living there is heartbeaking to me. Stay strong!

I am working on a needlepoint cat canvas for my daughter and deciding what to start on with scrapbooking for the weekend. I havent scrapbooked since we moved almost a year ago and I am itching to get started again! Everyone have a good weekend!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Debbie2006

Welcome, Debbie. Hope you are able to get back into scrapping in the next few days...and have fun wasting, I mean, spending time here with all of us There are usually some fun topics going on and sometimes a few thought-provoking ones, but it's a pretty fun place to hang out~Judy

Resident
In response to anda11

I am pleased and proud that I did a complete 1 page birthday layout and have everything set up for another layout that I had lost my mojo on a few weeks ago!

I have been really wanting to scrap the past few weeks but have just been way too busy. This morning I had a root canal and kept my calendar completely open afterwards due to not knowing how much pain I would be feeling. Since I had the entire afternoon to myself with no commitments, it was wonderful to sit in my scrapbook room for several hours and scrap and create to my hearts content! My wonderful college age daughter even offered to pick up her HS freshman sister for me after school.

Now I am hoping after my youngest is in bed tonight, I can complete the 2nd page. My DH is out of town every week for four days so I have the whole night.

Happy scrapping!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to stvmom2

It sounds like you've been having a painfully productive day ~Judy

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I was gonna scrap tonite, but my good friend invited me to dinner, her homemade lasagna, yum, and I couldn't say no!! LOL - Chris

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Juansmom

Linda
I hope he can keep improving and working through the pain.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys, I hope to finish the page. I did stamp the journal box. It is cute. I still need to ink everything & adhere.
I am hoping to look at houses tomorrow. I am having an issue with my realtor. Let's just say I am sending her a lot of respecful emails about her telling her what she isn't doing or is doing that isn't good customer service.:):)

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-20-12 11:11 AM
In response to anda11

Hi Linda, I'm sorry I haven't had time to catch up, but I saw the bit about the back surgery. I am sending lots of hugs your way... sad and thankful with you.

I'm so glad you have some support to help you through this. I wish your realtor would shape up... or maybe someone else can step in?

Good luck with the page and the house shopping and let us know if we can help at all!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

She never answered all her emails but it didn't matter. She told us to use the MLS listing that came in our email because it was the most current. I told her 12 times that the house one never came just condos. Then finally she fixed it like 3 weeks ago.
I sent her 14 homes & when we went to see them, she only had 6. She emailed me asking when I was available to see them so that is how we set that up. She keeps saying we need to go daily but I can't get her to go often let alone daily. She never set up the others.
I sent her more 6 days ago (Thurs) She emailed me Fri morn asking when I am available. I answered one hour later anytime. I never heard back from her email so I sent one saying I am still waiting 5 days later. She emailed back that she doesn't have internet at home. If we want to see homes, we have to call her on her cell with the MLS numbers.
I said it did not matter if she had internet at home. She kept defending herself & blaming us still saying we need to go daily. I sent her a bunch of emails saying that if she wasn't going to answer her emails, do not use it. Do not send out any. She never told us we had to call her cell. I told her it did not matter if she had internent at home. I also said you said we need t o look fast cause they go. When we look tomorrow, it will have been a week that I emailed the houses to her. I said I thought we would go early in the week. They will be gone by the time we see them. She never said sorry for the mix up or sorry you are upset. She just kept defending & saying we should have called her phone. You were the one who emailed me on fri. IF you are not going to answer, don not use email. Every listing & page of the website has her pic & a sign saying email me to see this. It is hard to go daily if I can't get you to go daily . I told her very nicely saying with respect in al l my emails.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

She also knows we are in a huge hurry cause we can not stay at my sons home due to the stairs for Dave if we do not buy something asap

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

I might try and find another agent, Linda. She should be a bit more responsive. You are the customer and deserve better.

We had similar issues with an agent a few years back and stopped using her. We switched to an entirely different real estate company and were very happy with our new agent. We even recommend her to other people-thats how much we liked her.

Hugs Linda. You shouldn't have to work so hard to make HER money.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Her reply was I do not make the websites.
lol then she sent one saying sorry I did not know you are upset.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

It shouldnt matter if you're upset or the happiest person on the face of the earth. She shouldn't be snippy or unresponsive or anything other than the most helpful she can be. If she cant schedule a time to take you to see these houses, then she should have someone she works with fill in for her when she can't be there personally.

Customer service (or lack of it) is really one of my pet peeves and bad service I have little to no patience for....on a good day!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I would not hesitate to get a new one. We will see how this goes.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Good. I hope she shapes up. You have enough on your plate to have to worry about that too.

How did your page come out?!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

I just talked to her & she apologized. I feel good now. We are going tomorrow. I still think she was wrong but we really do not have 1 moment of extra time to switch. I hope we can buy one tomorrow.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Wow that is quick!! Tomorrow?! Fingers crossed you find something you love.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't had a moment to work on it yet.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Since Dave can't have surgery, we have to get a 1 story. Or a 2 story that has a master sweet on the first floor. He can't do stairs. We like several of the homes tomorrow.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-20-12 12:50 PM
In response to anda11

Linda I hope you find the perfect home tomorrow and I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

IF for some reason tomorrow doesn't work out, I don't think it would take you long to find a new realtor. There are a TON of realtors who would be chomping at the bit to sell a house and make that commission.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

You are so right. I will see how it goes tomorrow. The funny thing is I kept telling you guys we were looking but we only looked in person once. That is in 3 weeks. Oh well, she said she didn't realize I was upset. You guys are right about the stress. She has always known we were in a hurry. She knew I just lost my brother the prior month. She knew Daves back was bad. Now I have a stress headache.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-20-12 01:36 PM
In response to anda11

That right there tells me she should have been more attentive. She knows about your situation and she should have made sure that she understood what the expectations were. That's why she gets the commission, because it's HER job, not yours. It sounds like she has been making you do more of the work than you should.

But I am happy to hear that you are all the same page now and she knows that you are upset. Hopefully that will solve everything and she'll be better. If not, c ya! Of course, there's a chance that she has also had some things going on her personal life that we aren't aware of, so good for you for giving her a chance to redeem herself tomorrow.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

I was not mad at her at all. In fact, I did not say anything till this went on for months. I do know she had to take her mom to physical therapy one time. I know she is a busy person so that is why I waited.
I am going to work on the page now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I now have everything inked. I now need to adhere everything & jpurnal.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

OK, I scrapped at work again today!! HAHA!!And got paid for it!!

I work at a wonderful state-run museum in upstate New York, in Kingston, called the Senate House. Kingston was the first Capitol of NY in 1777, and the Senate met in a private home, which is now a museum. The house looks almost exactly the same as when it was built in 1676, by Dutch settlers. I give tours, and do some research and transcribing of documents, currently working on letters from 1898! It appeals to the history geek in me! Truly, this is the best job I've had since lifeguarding in college!

Today, the site manager assked me to make some signs for an expo he is attending tomorrow, because I am known as the crafty one, so check out my gallery for the Senate House Pics!! One is actually a frame I filled with photos from this summers events as well as previous years. We wear period costumes, and do reenactments and demonstrations of 18th century life and activities.

And I got paid to do this! Love this job! -Chris

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have good news kinda. We found one this afternoon that just came on the market. Luckily Dave was able to go too for a bit. We put in an offer around dinner time. They countered back & we accepted their counter so in the morning when we sign the papers again, we will be in contract. YEAH but I am not going be excited until we have the inspectors. lol I am not even going to tell you about it yet.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I did force myself to finish my heritage page. I haven't had any time to upload it yet.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I have good news kinda. We found one this afternoon that just came on the market. Luckily Dave was able to go too for a bit. We put in an offer around dinner time. They countered back & we accepted their counter so in the morning when we sign the papers again, we will be in contract. YEAH but I am not going be excited until we have the inspectors. lol I am not even going to tell you about it yet.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

I finished a LO for a challenge and now working on a card. The card will actually work for the challenge and for my card club next month.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to pugs223

I finished a LO this afternoon. It was one of those that I just wasn't happy with. I started out happy, but couldn't figure out how to finish it off. I did a few things, but just decided to quit messing with it before I ruined everything I was happy with. I took a picture, but I haven't edited it yet, so I'm not sure I'll get pages uploaded tonight.

Then it was our date night again. It seems like we just had one of those~ Last week it was a Pirates of Caribbean movie. Tonight it was Two Weeks Notice. Aargghh...if I can get through the pirates, hubby can stay awake for the rom/com...which he actually enjoys too—especially with a plate of Chineses take-out in front of him

Now I can't decide if I want to do the next Tahoe trip, do a Halloween page or two, or...??? Guess I'll see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow~

Linda—GREAT news on the house news. I've got everything crossed that I can get crossed, wishing for everything to go well on this one. And how great that Dave was able to go with you to see it. Sounds like a good omen ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Thanks guys. WE signed the other offer today. Now we have 4 days till we close on our home. Then we have 9 days till we get our new home if the inspections are ok. WE have 45 days to actually get out of our home. I am so glad. lol Dave is mobile but needs to be very careful so it doesn't get worse. Thankfully the morphine is still working. Dave is deeply sad for my pain of moving. It is breaking his heart.
Last night he started having chest pains due to all of the stress. He is a guy who would call 911 right away if he felt them get worse thankfully. I still stayed up watching him just to be sure.
He has a heart disease that he had a bypass about 30 yrs ago.
I agree with you guys that it will be good after we are done so there is no more stress.

I don't want to jinx it but it is 3 bedrooms so I will have a scraproom thankfully. My realtor said this room is lavender so it can be your scraproom. lol

Edited by anda11 on 09-22-12 05:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Happy for you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

Thanks hon, I am usually a person who posts positive happy stuff. I am getting tired of posting all the sad or bad stuff that has happened for a few months.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda~The house news sounds exciting and promising. You guys need a bit of good news! I know you had said how special the house is to you, but it's a house...you and Dave will have your home wherever you end out living.

I'm not negating the pain you feel with having to move, but we both have come to realize (the hard way) that there are more important things than houses. They're called "husbands".

And if you get to have a scraproom...no, make that a LAVENDER scraproom, what could be better? Hope there's room for the both of us ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I have my purple xyron-X and purple Creatopia, so just let me know when I should move in

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I am very sad & very thankful. Dh just got off the phone with his cardiologist. He said that Dave's heart is too bad to have back surgery. It is long & it would cause him to have heart attack & they would not be able to save him when it did. He would die.
I am deeply sad he has to deal with the pain but I am so very thankful to not lose him.
The good thing is that the morphine has been working now for a couple weeks & he is able to take care of himself. He can walk without the walker. He is still too sore to do lots of things but he is an avid reader. He loves tv. especially the history channel etc.Our dd has been leaving her tablet when she goes to work so he has been playing with it.

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry We have a similar issue with my sister,,,,,she needs another kidney transplant,,,,,,,but they won't give her one because her heart is too weak,,,,,,,she wouldn't survive such a long surgery Hugs,,,,

Has your husband tried cymbalta for the pain? I have a terrible bad back, and it's the only medication that's ever helped me,,,it takes away about 60% of the pain! It's just recently been approved for back pain, so if he hasn't already, he might want to check with the doc and see if he's a good candidate for it!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYY on the scrappy room and new house!!!!!!!!!!

and no, I'm not working on a THING,,,DH and I are going to DISNEY WORLD for FOUR DAYS,,,,,,,ALONE!!!!!! starting TOMORROW!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

WOW Holly.. 4 days alone at Disney?? WHOO HOO! I sure hope you guys have fun! I know you will take lots of photos.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Awesome news Linda!!!!!!!

I'm sure DH is stressed because you're stressed. Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here forward and you'll be scrapping in your pretty new lavender room in no time. Dave will be able to relax knowing everything is finally done and you're happily scrapping away

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Have fun Holly!!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Kim222

Linda, Start packin' girl!!! Just a tip, you can find great boxes for house packing at nursing homes, the kind the adult diapers come in. At my honey's job, the boxes are a great size and come with handles punched out already!!! He brings them home for my mom to corral her knitting stash, she needs A LOT.

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc
In response to dee.is.me

I recently moved and am making an album with pictures of the new house.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to fishdc

I printed some pictures last night and took them to work to trim them down.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi everyone, I just glanced at some of the posts. Judy...you are absolutely correct... he is my home where ever we live. I totally agree with you. He knows that. He knows I am not angry at him because we have to move. In fact..he loves this place as much as I do. He loves the yard, the tress & everything here. He is so sad to leaves our neighbors because he & Dave are best friends & they talk all the time. He doesn't want to leave them either. We have lived here for lots of years our selves. After my Dad died in 94 my mom could not be left alone due to huntingtons, so Dave moved in & stayed here every night until Mom died 2 yrs later. My daughter loved to take care of grandma & she was here almost daily too. I was here daily too. Dave was the only one who could lift mom. WE only lived 2 miles away. He is sad to leave the whole neighborhood too. I have really tried to not think about & work on scrappy stuff so I have acted normal mostly. I think the fact that we are fast approaching a final date.... it really hit me hard.

Edited by anda11 on 09-24-12 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Linda, Start packin' girl!!! Just a tip, you can find great boxes for house packing at nursing homes, the kind the adult diapers come in. At my honey's job, the boxes are a great size and come with handles punched out already!!! He brings them home for my mom to corral her knitting stash, she needs A LOT.

THANKS Chris... my daughter is a nurse aid at a nursing home 2 miles away so I will tell her to find them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:

I just texted her. She is at work now. too funny about your mom's stash. I bet you have a nice sized scrappy stash & you get it from her. lol

Edited by anda11 on 09-24-12 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to fishdc

• fishdc Said:
I recently moved and am making an album with pictures of the new house.

WE all need an excuse to make a new album & buy supplies for it. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
I printed some pictures last night and took them to work to trim them down.

Hi Mia, I am going to order some pics today at shutterfly. I am thinking of a new layout.lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Awesome news Linda!!!!!!!

I'm sure DH is stressed because you're stressed. Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here forward and you'll be scrapping in your pretty new lavender room in no time. Dave will be able to relax knowing everything is finally done and you're happily scrapping away

You are right KIm... he is a high stress worry about things kinda person. He has always worried how we are going to move everything to are we going to find a home? to everything else & my stress too. I am sure it is because he is not able to do it himself this time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I need to figure out all the inspection stuff so Dave doesn't have to do it. I will answer more posts later too.

GOOD SCRAPPY NEWS......:) :)Dave told me to have some scrappy stress shopping therapy yesterday. I placed an order here. :)I have been wanting to make a page about a telephone operator from the 40s or 50s or 60s. I have a pic of my Dad holding my beloved telephone operator toy in the 60s.I am in the pic too.
I also found 2 pics of real telephone operators at their switchboard in the 50s I think. I am going to add those too.

I did not even realize they have vintage phone papers out there that are current. October Afternoon has some. one of the pages is called telephone operator.They are perfect. I had to order some papers & journal boxes & stickers with phones.
I had to add some beautiful Prima papers that have been in my wishlist for some heritage pages.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I have my purple xyron-X and purple Creatopia, so just let me know when I should move in

I always loved purple. lol my van is purple.
I also have the purple x. My scraproom office has always been bright yellow because smileyfaces were my logo for my business logo & I did not use it for scrapping till yrs later. I have been buying pink & brown stuff the last few yrs. so I am leaning on those colors. YOU can still move in though. I know you can drive from CA to OH yourself. lol Hey I lived in LA for a short time with a bad x dh that I never talk about cause I try to forget it.:)

Edited by anda11 on 09-24-12 12:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Yayyy Linda!!
Good for you scrap-shopping therapy!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda~Looking for my Like button :>)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

The one inspection is tomorrow at 1 pm that I hope goes well. That is the only one I worry about. lol
we close on here in the am on Weds. WE close in the afternoon on the other one. WE have 45 days to get moved. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

OK Guys....it passed.
I can talk about it now. lol
It is the PERFECT house for us. :)WE both think so. For some reason. most of the homes I saw needed some kind of construction work. The ones that didn't sold right away. We realized we needed one that didn't need work especially with Dave's back. WE didn't have time for others to work on it & Dave can't anymore. This just went on the market so we knew we had to act fast or lose it.
The lady who owned it had redone everything.
She had pretty beige siding, She put in a new whole house air conditioner that was small & matched the siding & it was landscaped. She had new windows & doors that are so pretty. One has an oval window. She had put in those stone flower beds around the whole house & along the back fence. She had pretty shrubs & some flowers. I saw some lilys (which I love) There is plenty of space for me to bring my Moms flowers too. I have some of my gr grandpas too. It has a good size back yard with a fence for our dogs. It has a good size covered patio in the back. I can take my porch furniture. We really loved the yard. We really think the house is pretty too. She had a newer roof too. newer furnace & water heater too.
Inside was pretty. She put in a pretty brown wood laminate floor throughout the whole house. Many rooms had ceiling fans. She had put in new kitchen cupboards a few yrs ago. She put in a really cool sink that had one of those faucets that you could lift for big pans. She had someone redo the bathroom. IT is done in different shades of beige decorative tiles with cool pattern. The floor had the same tile. beautiful vanity & counter. It was so pretty.
We were looking for a little bigger but this is perfect & it is only 925 sq ft. It has everything we needed & wanted.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

[image] our new bathroom in new home By Anda11http://[/image]

[image] our new home By Anda11http://[/image]

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-25-12 12:55 PM
In response to anda11

Just checking in from Dunn, NC. It's boring here.

Linda, that is AWESOME news!!! YAY!!!! Can't wait to see pics of the house!! Congratulations

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Just checking in from Dunn, NC. It's boring here.

Linda, that is AWESOME news!!! YAY!!!! Can't wait to see pics of the house!! Congratulations

You must have posted it while i was posting them lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

Did you take any scrappy stuff?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-25-12 05:54 PM
In response to anda11

Linda that's so exciting! Thanks for sharing the pics!! So when do you get to move? YAY!!

Yep, I did bring a few pictures (ok, maybe about 30-40) and my notes, and one piece of 12x12 cardstock to use kind of as a template. I didn't want to try to bring adhesive or a trimmer or anything because I don't check my bags and I don't think they'd let me carry it on. But I brought pics to hopefully sketch out some ideas. I've just been so tired every night I've gotten nothing done. I also brought a huge pile of receipts to be entered into Quickbooks. I meant to work on that tonight, but took a nap instead. Hopefully I still can.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

You can't help it if you are too tired. You probably needed your sleep. I hope you can sketch a couple things at least. Have a safe trip.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hey guys... I was just playing with my new stuff that came today. YEAH. The telephone stuff was so darn cute & perfect. The Prima papers were absolutely gorgeous. They had been on my wishlist for a long time. I want them for my heritage pages.
I also ordered some pics from shutterfly today. I need a couple for this telephone page.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Linda what a pretty house you picked!! So glad everything is moving along for you

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

Thanks Kim, my dh & I thought it was perfect.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good evening everyone, I hope you are doing ok. I am waiting on my shutterfly order so I can do the operator page. I figured out what I was going to do with the page.
I am going to get scrappy stuff ready for craigslist. It is stuff I had been downsizing 6 mos ago. I still have to do more. I am ok with that.
All of my stuff is stored in cupboards that go around the room. I will not have any scrappy furniture to take. I did have some of those making memories 2 drawer paper file cupboards but my back has gotten worse & they hurt to pull the drawers out so I took the paper out of them long ago.
I will have to get some of those white cubes. I am going to get some drawer ones too.
Do any of you have the drawer ones? I tthink I saw they have 4 drawers that are 4 squares. I thought there was thinner drawers too that had 3 or 4 drawers. How tall is the inside part of the drawer ( the ones that are 12 in wide?

Edited by anda11 on 09-29-12 03:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lisaloveshearts
Veteran
lisaloveshearts
In response to anda11

I did one scrapbooking page today. It was a very simple and quick one but I still had fun and like the looks of it. I need more supplies!!!!!! lol I am starting to run low on embellishments and lettering.

Have a great weekend.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I forgot to post my heritage challenge page. The photo is hard to see my aunts face so I added the photo.

[image] End of the line Pardner, I am plum tuckered out, Heritage Challenge my aunt Betty & my cowgirl self By Anda11http://[/image]

[image] My dear worn out Aunt Betty & my 3 yr old cowgirl self. By Anda11http://[/image]

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to lisaloveshearts

• elizabeth97 Said:
I did one scrapbooking page today. It was a very simple and quick one but I still had fun and like the looks of it. I need more supplies!!!!!! lol I am starting to run low on embellishments and lettering.

Have a great weekend.

Glad you got a page done! YEAH There is nothing wrong with simple & quick. I do all types. I love simple & quick. I love time consuming ones too. My gallery is a mix of of both.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Linda, congrats on the house!!!!! it's so pretty!!!!!

nothing scrappy today,,,I've been making boutique bows for my granddaughter,,,,because, ,,you know,,,,Grandma just can't say NO

Boutique bows for granddaughter By CommaHolly

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Ohh Holly, those are adorable. I do not see how you can say no her. lol They are like making cards... you can't stop making them. lol I know she will love them.

Page 5 of 68 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics