Page 6 of 68 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Linda, dear,,,,,,,,,,where did your aunt betty reside????? she looks EXACTLY like my grandmother betty!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Holly and Linda, how do you post a pic in your reply? I have wondered and looked aroud, but couldn's figure it out!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

I usually have this site open twice. It is easier for me. go to the image page you want to post in your gallery or someone elses gallery. under the layout there is a place to click- link this image on the left side of the page. When you click that..a box pops up that has 2 places to choose on the left. Click the one that says message boards. After you do there is an addy for the page. Copy it.
You need to click on the reply button in this message to me. When you do... the 4th button has a square on it...when you put your mouse it says image..click that..then you paste your addy in there. Then you post your message with the addy in it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-30-12 08:19 PM
In response to anda11

I got nothing scrappy done this weekend. Yesterday Rob and I went driving around looking at houses and then went to a frozen custard place, then a wine bar. Today we worked on a little cleaning and then went to see Les Miserables. It was soooo good! Anyway I hope to have time to work on some wedding album stuff this week, but we shall see.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

hey everyone... my bff emailed me asking to go cropping today. We are going this week I think. I hope my shutterfly order arrives so I can do that. I think I am still going to do that & use stand in pics, lol
I forgot to tell you guys that my new home is only 4 miles away from one of our scrap stores. :):)
Today my kids took everything out of the attic for us to go through. It is a ton but it is not as much as I though t it would be

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-01-12 06:33 PM
In response to anda11

4 miles! That's fantastic news!!

I'm sure you'll have a great time scrapping this week Hopefully shutterfly will arrive soon.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

Holly those are GORGEOUS bows!! You should give classes....or a video EVEN better

I can make one bow - the kind you tie your sneakers with and THATS IT

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Holly those are GORGEOUS bows!! You should give classes....or a video EVEN better

I can make one bow - the kind you tie your sneakers with and THATS IT

you are too funny KIm.
She already gives classes here on bow tying. lol I mean she has been so kind to post individual photos of each step in a bow making progress for cards. They are in her gallery. People kept asking her how to make such gorgeous bows on her cards. If you can't find them, ask me, I will tell you where they are. I have them saved in my favs under card techniques.

Edited by anda11 on 10-02-12 02:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
4 miles! That's fantastic news!!

I'm sure you'll have a great time scrapping this week Hopefully shutterfly will arrive soon.

Well, she meant next week but that is great cause maybe my pics will arrive.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
I got nothing scrappy done this weekend. Yesterday Rob and I went driving around looking at houses and then went to a frozen custard place, then a wine bar. Today we worked on a little cleaning and then went to see Les Miserables. It was soooo good! Anyway I hope to have time to work on some wedding album stuff this week, but we shall see.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I think driving around looking at houses is actually scrappy. YOU are going to get a nice size place for your scrap stuff so you will not be counting your items in this place. lol
I am glad you guys had such fun driving around & at the show.

Edited by anda11 on 10-02-12 02:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good evening everyone. I am going to be in my room tonight. My friend & I are going on tues so I have plenty of time to get stuff ready. I am going to see if I can figure out my Christmas cards tonight. I am going to try & catch up on the bb here. We are both worn out from going through boxes.
I can't open another one. lol

Edited by anda11 on 10-02-12 03:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
Linda, dear,,,,,,,,,,where did your aunt betty reside????? she looks EXACTLY like my grandmother betty!

THat is funny hon. I would love it if we were cousins! lol She was born & raised in Hillsboro Oh. The only time she left was when she got a job in Dayton. I believe it was war related. Then she went back.
I saw some of your comments & I did have one of those spring rocking horses too. lol I loved it. I imagine I had the cowboy outfit but I only am wearing the hat & gun. lol I see I was wearing flannel plaid pants which I wore a lot. Betty was always cold so if she was chilly, she would change my clothes too. lol that may be what happened to the outfit. I had a kidney disease when I was 3 & the dr told my mom that I had to stay n bed for a year. Betty lived 75 miles away. EVERY DAY for that year, she sent me a newsy letter that had either a nickel taped to it or a stick of Beemans gum taped to it. Back then they thought people could get sick by getting a chill so Betty would never let me get cold. lol
I am pretty sure I do not have a pic of me on that horse but I think there is one of my niece on it.
Plus either it was stillaround for my kids or we bought another one at a yard sale so I have pics of my kids on it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found my card. It melts my heart. So do snowmen. I pmed her. Do you guys think the brad is the only way it works? I am guessing that is what opens it. what do you guys think?
It won't let public embedding so here is the link.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/204541/view /3727705/...

Edited by anda11 on 10-02-12 05:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

ok, I just saw some telescoping snowman cards on you tube. They are all so cool & so different. They are so darn simple. lol I am either making this one above or another one that is similar but it has the face & hat & buttons. but it is still light blue. I am so glad I saw these. I will start these right away. I have everything & I will work on them when I crop with my bff on Tues. Thank goodness my son gave me the money to get my big shot last year. I just love when I adore the cards I send for Xmas.

Here is the other one on you tube. I think it is the winner. DING DING DING DING..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EI2TPafivw

Edited by anda11 on 10-02-12 10:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys..just checking in. I didn't do much today. we are both so tired. I am figuring out my supplies for the card above. I hope that I can make a sample tomorrow.

Diva
In response to anda11

I am off this weekend form grandbaby babysitting so I am doing some bookmarks and cars for donation to a local ministry.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I am off this weekend form grandbaby babysitting so I am doing some bookmarks and cars for donation to a local ministry.

That sounds like a fun weekend! I am glad you will be here doing stuff YEAH!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't done anything scrappy. I didn't even make my sample card. I need to find my table again. lol

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

Linda,

I wish I would have seen that card two months ago when we did a "any holiday card" for my card club. That is just TOO CUTE!!!

This weekend I am hoping to make more page kits for my scrappy retreat coming up in 4 weeks. And I have to work on a LO and card for a challenge here.

Cool/cold weather is here, time to get cooped up in the house.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Linda,

I wish I would have seen that card two months ago when we did a "any holiday card" for my card club. That is just TOO CUTE!!!

This weekend I am hoping to make more page kits for my scrappy retreat coming up in 4 weeks. And I have to work on a LO and card for a challenge here.

Cool/cold weather is here, time to get cooped up in the house.

Hi Peg, The funny thing is that I saw it a few months ago when I was having headaches & I thought it must be very hard to do.. lol I forgot about it till I looked in my favs last week. Then I see it is soooo simple. lol You can make some next year. I hope you get your page kits done. I also hope you get your challenge lo & card done too. I am not doing the heritage challenge till next year. She is taking a holiday break until Jan.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good evening dear friends, I am soooo excited. I can't wait to work on my cards... I got my shutterfly order today so I really want to work on that operator page too. I am still meeting my bff to crop on Tues.
Are any of you going ot make some cards for world card day this weekend??? Kels posted it & she said it can be Sunday too along with Sat. They have some prizes too.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to anda11

I am watching football and starting on my vegas pages from august! So excited!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Debbie2006

• Debbie2006 Said:
I am watching football and starting on my vegas pages from august! So excited!

Hi Deb, I think football & scrapping go together. lol Scrapping & anything go together. lol
Enjoy it.
I am now going to see which ink color I need for my cards.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon everyone, I can't believe that I do not have a snowflake embossing template. I have to go buy one this afternoon so I can work on my cards.
What are you dear friends doing?

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

I did a soccer page yest. My son was not even walking yet(7 1/2 months) and DH had him kicking a soccer ball as DH held his hands and "walked" him. I took a Creative Memories hexagon punch and cut out a bunch of black and white hexagons. I cut out a 6 inch circle from cardstock, and arranged the blk n wh hexagons inside the circle, filling it completely, then replaced some hexs with cutouts of Juanies face. Then I trimmed it all circular again, so it looks like a soccer ball, althought flat and one-dimensional. TOO CUTE!! I will post in my gallery soon. The only thing is I dont have a title yet, I am going to a crop Sat and will cricut cut something there.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Juansmom

Kick It, Baby!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just got back from getting a few things.
I got the Tim holtz snowflake embossing folder. I still can't believe I did not have a snowflake. I did have to get another bottle of baby blue stickles that I am using for my card. I had to get some baby blue mini brads for them too. I also picked up a pack of the Fiskars 12 embossing plates on clearance for $5. I do love those. I also got an Artbin super satchel that was 12x12x3. It was fuschia pink & it was glittery. It was on clearance for $7. because it was missing the handle. I was so excited. I have some of their fuschia boxes that are the same but no glitter. I was thinking I should get one of these for my glitter papers that will not have a home when I move. I am so glad I looked. It is perfect.
I am going to try out my snowflake embossing folder now. (and the others too)

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Judy thats a great idea for the title!! I may just use it!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
I did a soccer page yest. My son was not even walking yet(7 1/2 months) and DH had him kicking a soccer ball as DH held his hands and "walked" him. I took a Creative Memories hexagon punch and cut out a bunch of black and white hexagons. I cut out a 6 inch circle from cardstock, and arranged the blk n wh hexagons inside the circle, filling it completely, then replaced some hexs with cutouts of Juanies face. Then I trimmed it all circular again, so it looks like a soccer ball, althought flat and one-dimensional. TOO CUTE!! I will post in my gallery soon. The only thing is I dont have a title yet, I am going to a crop Sat and will cricut cut something there.

Hey Chris, That page sounds adorable. I can't wait to see it. I love the soccer ball frame idea. I am glad you got it almost done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Kick It, Baby!

Hi Judy, I love that title.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Judy thats a great idea for the title!! I may just use it!!

I think it is a great title.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to cut my circles & scallop circles for my snowman. I can't believe how great the snowflake folder embosses. I love it.
Anybody doing anything tonight?

Edited by anda11 on 10-07-12 05:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

I have a three-day weekend for Columbus Day, and hoped to get a lot of work done on my Christmas projects. Well, I knew I wouldn't yesterday because we were away on a day trip, but today I planned to buy supplies and get lots of work done. Well, I did buy the supplies, that went really well actually, but then I spent large swaths of the afternoon and evening working on a no-sew fleece blanket for myself, which is now actually almost done, I just need to knot the fringe on the two short ends.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I have a three-day weekend for Columbus Day, and hoped to get a lot of work done on my Christmas projects. Well, I knew I wouldn't yesterday because we were away on a day trip, but today I planned to buy supplies and get lots of work done. Well, I did buy the supplies, that went really well actually, but then I spent large swaths of the afternoon and evening working on a no-sew fleece blanket for myself, which is now actually almost done, I just need to knot the fringe on the two short ends.

Hey Bunny, I am glad you were able to buy supplies. lol I am sorry you haven't gotten anything Christmas yet. I don't blame you for making yourself a fleece blanket. I love those things. MY dd & I sometimes make the tied ones for gifts. (sometimes for each other lol. she made me a cute pink heart one a couple yrs ago.)
Last year I made my hubby a sewn one that was Marine fabric that he loves. He gets cold easily.
They are fun to make too as you know.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Juansmom

Glad you liked the title :>) Your soccer page sounds so cute and such a great idea. I'm ready to adopt a soccer kid somewhere just so I can make a LO like that lol My grandsons are into baseball, but they've been on soccer leagues. I'll have to see if my son has any pics of the boys with a ball...as if I don't already have enough pictures to scrap. I'll never catch up as it is, then here I am looking for an excuse for another page :>) ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Linda—It sounds like you found some good stuff when you went shopping for your embossing folder. Isn't it funny how we can have a ton of stuff...but never what we NEED? Your Christmas cards are going to be so cute. I keep trying to figure out what I want to do for ours. I've looked at so many youtube videos and looking through the gallery that now I'm completely confuzzled. I can't even decide if I want serious or cute. The ones you're making are very tempting... ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Linda—It sounds like you found some good stuff when you went shopping for your embossing folder. Isn't it funny how we can have a ton of stuff...but never what we NEED? Your Christmas cards are going to be so cute. I keep trying to figure out what I want to do for ours. I've looked at so many youtube videos and looking through the gallery that now I'm completely confuzzled. I can't even decide if I want serious or cute. The ones you're making are very tempting... ~Judy

You are so right Judy. lol We have a million sheets of paper but not the right shade. lol
Go ahead & make my snowmen. They are very easy.
just circle & scallops. She had embossed the middle circle with a snowflake but you do not have to do that at all & it will still be so cute. the carrot is simple. The hat was a punch. & some mini brads. She added a scarf & I may add one too but not sure yet.

Edited by anda11 on 10-07-12 08:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

I have found the exact thing with my paper stash, Linda! I have tons of cardstock, but never the right color. Why? LOL I buy lots of brights, then choose papers to go with photos that are muted colors!! I guess I always assume that I will need the brights, esp with a small child as my main scrap topic...

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Juansmom

I love seeing what everyone is working on! I didn't get any scrapping done over the weekend but had today off for Columbus Day so I ordered a bunch of pictures from Snapfish and have been working on journaling so that I can finish a few layouts in progress. I will be eager to see the soccer layout that was mentioned. I scrap a lot of soccer layouts and am always looking for new ideas!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Vintageivy

Finished the fleece blanket! Got 9 out of 12 cards done for the Christmas gift baskets! More weekends need to be three-day weekends!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

OK, here goes... I have finally figured out how to imbed a photo!!! (thanks Linda!):
untitled...so far..."Soccer" By Juansmom

This is my double page LO of Juanie and Joaquin playing soccer before Juanie could even walk!!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

Here is the closeup detail of the soccer ball:

Closeup of Soccer Ball By Juansmom

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Juansmom

Very cute Chris

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to SherylEb

I've never made a fleece blanket, but they sound like fun - especially since I don't sew! Do they come in kits or do you just buy the fleece and get to work?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Hi everyone!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
I've never made a fleece blanket, but they sound like fun - especially since I don't sew! Do they come in kits or do you just buy the fleece and get to work?

They do come in kits, but if want to customize the size or the design on the fleece, you just buy it and get to work - that's what I did. A few years ago I found a 10-yard roll of fleece with a design for my favorite baseball team on clearance, and this past weekend I finally cut into it and bought two yards of dark gray fleece to back it with.

Diva
In response to aquabunny

I am uaing the Knifty Knitter to make some hats for Handmade MInistry for residents of a nursing home. This is my weekend project.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 06:25 AM

Chris that is adorable!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I plan on getting some more of my cards cut on my Big shot. I had all the white cut but I realized I had cut them out of paper in a pack that was white but it really looked beige so I had to re cut them. I still need to do the scallops circles too.
MY friend & I aren't going to meet till next week. I haven't really worked on anything scrappy for a couple days.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Thanks Sheryl and Jarvae!!

Edited by Juansmom on 10-11-12 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Juansmom

My DS and DH are leaving today for a fishing trip. They will be back Sunday night and I leave Monday morning for a week in Tampa, FL at my DDs with my BFF.
I love to dig in and craft and make huge messes when no one is home but me. If i want to get up and work on stuff at 2am, I'm not gonna bother anyone. Hoping to get my SIL quilt done, some cards made, burlap wreath and Christmas trees made, who knows what done. And clean it up, and pack for my trip. Getting tired just typing it. LOL

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to SherylEb

I am going to an all day crop saturday...all day after a soccer game, drop off son at grandmas, n get a quick lunch. HA! Really though, I expect to be able to crop from @ 11:30 til 8, and should get lots done. I reviewed all the "completed" pages in my iris bin and pulled some that I need to make titles/journal on. I just decided that much of my journaling and titling I will be doing on my computer-ie. typing titles in cool fonts, printing them out, fussy cutting them, then putting on cardstock and re-fussy cutting them with a border of cardstock underneath. I just ordered a new printer on HSN yesterday, it was a value of the day on easy pay n was only $90. Three payments of $30 won't hurt at all!! I haven't had a printer in some time, so this will be nice!!! It is a HP and prints photo-quality, so I can use it for photo printing at home! Yay me!! Should be here in 9 days!!! I will probably run out of ink in 5 days after that! LOL!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-11-12 11:43 AM
In response to Juansmom

Yay for a printer! I will say that I have seen several people on here post about the importance of using the same brand of photo paper as your printer. I personally don't print photos at home, but lots of people say if you have a canon printer, use canon paper, etc.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Vae

Good advice about the photo paper...i actually have never printed a photo at home so this will be an experiment!! I think it will help when i want an 8x10 for an LO, I usually print everything at Sam's Club, but only do 4x6's unless I have a specific LO in mind that I want an enlargement for. I also usually cram many photos on a page...I can't edit...What if I forget that Juanie used to make that face, wear that cute outfit, have that haircut? Very few of my pages feature single phtots. When i do them, I like them, but then I think of all the wasted space where i could have put another pic! One exception is this page, it is so stand alone!!:

Water is Life By Juansmom

Edited by Juansmom on 10-12-12 08:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to Juansmom

I decided to take a break and drive down to Sarasota, Florida qith my baby grandson to see my 3yrs old grandson. I need grandma time!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys, I came out to cut some more of my dies & found I needed a new cutting pad set so I had to go & pick one up. I haven't gotten anything done yet. lol
I do hope to be able to soon.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
I have found the exact thing with my paper stash, Linda! I have tons of cardstock, but never the right color. Why? LOL I buy lots of brights, then choose papers to go with photos that are muted colors!! I guess I always assume that I will need the brights, esp with a small child as my main scrap topic...

I understand Chris. I have done the same thing by buying lots of certain colors for the kids pages. You are right about not being the right shade. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
I love seeing what everyone is working on! I didn't get any scrapping done over the weekend but had today off for Columbus Day so I ordered a bunch of pictures from Snapfish and have been working on journaling so that I can finish a few layouts in progress. I will be eager to see the soccer layout that was mentioned. I scrap a lot of soccer layouts and am always looking for new ideas!

Glad you are getting some journaling done on some unfinished pages. )I just got a photo order in last week. I love when they come
in.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Finished the fleece blanket! Got 9 out of 12 cards done for the Christmas gift baskets! More weekends need to be three-day weekends!

YEAH Bunny! Congrats on finishing the blanket & getting 9 of the cards done. :)WHOOHOO> you are right about 3 day weekends. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

These are fabulous! I love the way you added the pics to the hexagons. Your baby is so adorable. I left you some love.
I just thought of a title I have seen.
Our little soccer star

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

These are fabulous! I love the way you added the pics to the hexagons. Your baby is so adorable. I left you some love.
I just thought of a title I have seen.
Our little soccer star

Edited by anda11 on 10-13-12 03:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

Hey Kim, They are so very simple to make. YOu do not need a kit at all. You need to figure what size you would like to make. Is it a throw or a blanket? Then you pick a front pattern that you want. Then you pick something for the back too. Lots of times I use solids for the backs. One that goes with the fabric.
I will post a link in the next post with the instructions.

Edited by anda11 on 10-13-12 03:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey Kim, Here is a good one. I looked at some but this has 2 fabrics in the demo. It has 5 in long fringe. My dd & I love the longer fringe. Then you can use it for a kid or an adult.

http://www.instructables.com/id/No-Sew-Fleece-Blan ket/

Edited by anda11 on 10-13-12 03:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I am uaing the Knifty Knitter to make some hats for Handmade MInistry for residents of a nursing home. This is my weekend project.

That is a wonderful thing to do. I am sure they will love wearing them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
My DS and DH are leaving today for a fishing trip. They will be back Sunday night and I leave Monday morning for a week in Tampa, FL at my DDs with my BFF.
I love to dig in and craft and make huge messes when no one is home but me. If i want to get up and work on stuff at 2am, I'm not gonna bother anyone. Hoping to get my SIL quilt done, some cards made, burlap wreath and Christmas trees made, who knows what done. And clean it up, and pack for my trip. Getting tired just typing it. LOL

That is quite a list Sheryl. lol I sure hope you do get it all done while they are gone. Enjoy your me time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
I am going to an all day crop saturday...all day after a soccer game, drop off son at grandmas, n get a quick lunch. HA! Really though, I expect to be able to crop from @ 11:30 til 8, and should get lots done. I reviewed all the "completed" pages in my iris bin and pulled some that I need to make titles/journal on. I just decided that much of my journaling and titling I will be doing on my computer-ie. typing titles in cool fonts, printing them out, fussy cutting them, then putting on cardstock and re-fussy cutting them with a border of cardstock underneath. I just ordered a new printer on HSN yesterday, it was a value of the day on easy pay n was only $90. Three payments of $30 won't hurt at all!! I haven't had a printer in some time, so this will be nice!!! It is a HP and prints photo-quality, so I can use it for photo printing at home! Yay me!! Should be here in 9 days!!! I will probably run out of ink in 5 days after that! LOL!!

Congrats on your new printer! WHOOHOO. I am surprised how much they have come down in price over the years. My ancient one died last year so we got a new Epson that has a scanner & a fax for 80 bucks. I was shocked. lol
Have fun at your crop Chris! I know you will. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Good advice about the photo paper...i actually have never printed a photo at home so this will be an experiment!! I think it will help when i want an 8x10 for an LO, I usually print everything at Sam's Club, but only do 4x6's unless I have a specific LO in mind that I want an enlargement for. I also usually cram many photos on a page...I can't edit...What if I forget that Juanie used to make that face, wear that cute outfit, have that haircut? Very few of my pages feature single phtots. When i do them, I like them, but then I think of all the wasted space where i could have put another pic! One exception is this page, it is so stand alone!!:

Water is Life By Juansmom

Chris, this is a great page too. I love the pic! It looks like he loves it. I love your title & the heart. I left you some love.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I decided to take a break and drive down to Sarasota, Florida qith my baby grandson to see my 3yrs old grandson. I need grandma time!

WEll that sounds like a fabulous fun time. I know you will enjoy yourself. He will too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have all of my blue scallop circles done. I have the withe circles done too. I need to emboss one of the circles yet.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

circles are embossed. boy I love that embossing folder it was easy & fast. So easy to center :)Now I need to ink the edges

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hey Kim, Here is a good one. I looked at some but this has 2 fabrics in the demo. It has 5 in long fringe. My dd & I love the longer fringe. Then you can use it for a kid or an adult.

http://www.instructables.com/id/No-Sew-Fleece-Blan ket/

Thanks so much Linda!!

One question though - does the size of the cut out corners have anything to do with the size of the overall blanket, or does it just determine the length of the fringe?

Its hard to explain so I hope that makes sense

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

It's just to do with the length of the fringe (and the size of the blanket will shrink by that much - five-inch squares cut from the corners will remove ten inches from both the length and width of the rest of the blanket). Any shorter than 5 inches gets increasingly hard to tie.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

I am glad you were able to help her Bunny.

I have to ink my circles. Maybe I wll work on that this am.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

HEY GUYS, the blizzard fleece prints & solids are 60 per cent off at Joanns.

I needed to buy some for our dogs to lay on in the new house cause it is hardwood floors.WE have carpet here. I just use fleece here on the hard floors. I do not make a bed or anything. 2 of our dogs get hot easy.I just get a big enough piece for each dog. Then I can make it 1 layer if it is hotter. or I can make 4 layers. OR I can scrunch it up like a pillow. Then I just throw them in the washer when they get dirty. I got some more of the gorgeous stuff to go with the paper pad & embellies I bought before for my heritage. I am so happy.

here is the adorable brown dog print I got.

http://www.joann.com/blizzard-fleece-print -brown-tan-pa...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am going to ink my circles this am. We are both taking a break because we are both so sore. lol I have 3 back issues myself.
WE did get lots out of here yesterday. Dave was happy. WE donated most of our books to the library. He is an avid reader but he kept his favs. He loves the library.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Linda thanks for all the love!!

I have not scrapped since Saturday...the crop went well although I had a brain freeze for the first hour!!! my half-done LO was in front of me but I couldn't think of a thing to do. Finally I just cut some things out with a borrowed cricut and the dam burst. I like the completed pages, but at an 8 hour crop I only did like 5 pages...but completed another 3.

Juanies 4th birthday was Monday, and we had his party last night. Sooo much fun for him! Great frosting-on-the-face pics to scrap!! The cake was beautiful, Sams Club doesn't carry Thomas the Tank Engine cake decorations anymore, so the decorator and I created the design - a black and brown train track running across the top with grass fields on either side, I purchased a new Thomas engine and coal car to place on the track!! So adorable, and it served as a birthday toy/cake in one!!

Meanwhile, my scraproom is usually the dining room, so everything got moved around and out to entertain family and friends. Not only can I not scrap, I have to find everything!!! In fact, most of my good (ie. daily used) stuff is in the back of my car still!!!

Edited by Juansmom on 10-17-12 09:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to Juansmom

I think I am developing ADD in my old age. I have so many projects started and none finished. I just get tired of one and dream up another one and off I go. I got my bf a scrapbook shirt with "Queen of finished projects" on it and one for me with "Queen of unfinished projects" on it. It was really meant as a joke but,I guess its more on target than I though. Lol. I have a baby mini in progress (the baby is already 1 1/2 months old. I started the album before the baby shower), Halloween decorations( in a effort to use up my old halloween pp's), and several Christmas gifts. I wonder if there is a support group out there for someone like me?

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to tkurilla

I just found a clock on my celebrate with flourish cricut so I going to make a LO with it!!! and I go to a noon to midnight crop 3rd Saturday of every mouth getting reading for that!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hi guys, I did get some of my circles inked but I still have more to do.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hi dear friends, We are in huge packing mode, cleaning mode & downsizing mode. I just found some fab boxes that will help me pack my scrappy stuff & my albums.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-21-12 07:49 PM
In response to anda11

Good luck with everything Linda! I know that packing and all that is a huge job and usually a huge pain. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

Thanks hon. WE are feeling overwhelmed but we keep going. lol I can't wait till after we are there so I can get new cubes for my studio. lol Everything is bullt in here so I will need a bunch. lol I am going to paint it pink & green. Maybe the color of queen elizabeth roses. with a pretty soft green.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good evening dear dear friend,
I am just checking in with some fabulous news.
We are both taking a break tonight cause we are both tired & sore. I cleaned my scrap table so I can finish inking my snowman circles.
the first thing is Dave dropped my camera. I am so glad. I went & got a new one last night. YEAH
Mine was about 12 years old. It is a Fuji Finepix. Even thought the MP number was very low, it still worked great cause it had this long zoom.
I never had a problem with it. I always loved the pics it took.
I got another one. The old was 450. this one was 179. The old cards were 40 bucks. these are 7. lol
The screen on the back is much bigger. It has such cool features. I really wanted a pink or blue one but they came with wrist straps. I really like having a reg strap. I saw a cool pink bag on amazon for it.

The other great news is our new owner did give up 45 days to leave. He has been so nice. He is worried about Dave's back & he told us to leave anything that is trash & his men will take it out for us. We have lots of furniture & big TVs that are trash. I thanked him & said Dave had been having chest pains nightly about all that stuff.
Then he said he will have 3 of his guys move everything in our house to the new house & they have a big truck. They are doing this all for free.
Dave was worried about how much the moving part would cost. now he is so happy & thankful.
I love that we have great people moving in here that love this house too. My parents built it as a frame house. In the 70s, my dad hired an architect to remodel & enlarge. They made it contemporary. IT looks like an office building with a silver roof. He loves it & he is an architect.

I wanted to tell you guys that my dad saved his papers every year from the 50s on. I know some is business for taxes but he kept his check registers & receipts for lots of stuff. I am going to go through them after we move & use some of them in my scrapbooks. I did know they were there.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to anda11

Linda, sounds like you've got some good news people there. So nice to see. Good luck with the move.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Linda, sounds like you've got some good news people there. So nice to see. Good luck with the move.

Thanks Sheryl, It sure makes it much much easier to have someone else love it like I do.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't inked my cards yet. I have been trying to learn my camera.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

to my dearest friends, I just wanted to check in & let you know how things are going. WE have to be out by the 15. We have been very busy.
Some great news is I ordered my computer desk yesterday. It is antique white. IT comes with a hutch too. It has a pretty design on it.
We are going to start getting some cubes tonight.
I totally love this desk. I do not have any furniture to take. My computer sits on a formica counter like a kitchen.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Harbor-View -Computer-D...

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda—Hope you're getting a good handle on your packing. It sounds like things are working out well for you. If you have to move from a place you love, it's nice that someone is moving in who will also appreciate it.

Also hope you have time to take some pics of your move with your new camera. Amazing how bad stuff can turn into something good, isn't it?

How are your snowman cards coming? I love the ones you're doing, but not sure I'm going to get around to making cards this year. We'll see. Knowing me, I'll probably wait until a day or two before Christmas to get started :>)

Just wanted to check in with you and let you know I'm thinking about you and Dave moving. It's nice of the new guys to take some of the stress off of you two.~Judy

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B

I've spent 4 months sifting through 1500 photos, finding just the right kits, alphas, and embellishments and FINALLY completed the first two pages of our DISNEY album! I'm beyond ecstatic! Now, just 98 pages to go in 30 days to complete it for my mom in time to have it printed for her Christmas present.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Jessica G-B

Ummm...sounds way too familiar :>) Finding and sorting the pictures takes me longer than anything else! Now that you've got that part done, you should have fun...Disney stuff is always fun to do!~Judy

samaclean
Tenant
samaclean

I am tackling years worth of professional portraits. I cleaned out the backs of the frames and have them sorted into chronological order by child. They are leaving me fairly uninspired. But I need to get them done.

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 11-06-12 02:07 PM
In response to samaclean

I am looking for a hexagon punch. I love the layout above with all the hexagons. Also, I saw a telescoping snowmen christmas card, but cannot find it now. Is that the same card being talked about? Thanks.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ckair

It's Linda's card. She's been so busy I don't know if she'll have time to answer. I don't know where the picture is of what she's doing, but it sounded really cute in what she wrote about it earlier. I figured from what is written here I could figure out something~Judy

• anda11 Said:

You are so right Judy. lol We have a million sheets of paper but not the right shade. lol
Go ahead & make my snowmen. They are very easy.
just circle & scallops. She had embossed the middle circle with a snowflake but you do not have to do that at all & it will still be so cute. the carrot is simple. The hat was a punch. & some mini brads. She added a scarf & I may add one too but not sure yet.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Here is the cute cute cute card she is talking about that I am almost done making. it is very very easy

telescoping snowman card instructions

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Just checking in with all of my dear friends on this Fri night. : ) Since we are moving to a smaller home, We had to downsize our amount of stuff we are taking. IT is so funny because I was really worried about all these things I had collected & on display for years. I thought it would be so hard. IT was so very easy. lol While this stuff was pretty & cute, I found I did not love it anymore or I was over it. I had 6 showcases in my living room. Some had family stuff but most had stuff I collected for years. dolls, teddies, dishes, figurines etc.. I got rid of half my teddys & I still need to go through the other half. I was worried about Christmas stuff too. MY mom used to collect it & loved to decorate. I had boxes from my aunts & mom & ours. I am sure it was 25 boxes. I thought it would be hard. When I went through it, it was very easy to pick the items I wanted to take that meant the most of my mom 7 aunts. With our stuff, I now have 5 boxes. The truth is all this stuff has been overwhelming when decorating over the years. I still have to go through the other holiday boxes in the storage room. I did get rid of anything else that was in there.
Now I hope I can downsize my stamps. I have tons of drawers but they are 8x11 size.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi dear dear friends, Just checking in.
We are still going through some boxes & packing.
I am really wishing I could scrap something. lol :)I hope you are all having a great week!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just wanted to say goodbye dear dear friends. My son is taking our computers tonight to the new house. We have to be out Fri. Our new internet will not be on till MOnd. I am sooo tired of packing.
I love you all!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good evening dear friends!! It is time to start this thread back up. My son got called into work so he & his friend will be putting my desk together in my scraproom tommorrow. I sure miss being here. I d not know how much I will be able to do right away since I fell. I have not finished my cards yet. I just need to ink some & adhere them. Then add the brads & the greeetings & then the stiickles.
What are you guys working on?
I missed you!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

I have made about 6 or so Christmas cards...need to make a few more to send to New Zealand for my husband's family. They are supposed to be off by the beginning of December so I HAVE to finish this week!

I can't believe it's almost December! I'm planning on doing a December daily this year and tying it to the advent calender I always do for my son. So he can open a box a day on the calender and also pick out a prompt for us to do that day....document, and scrap!

I am so far behind on the planning and getting this together and I just realized this is my last week to get it all organized! AGGGH!

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I have made about 6 or so Christmas cards...need to make a few more to send to New Zealand for my husband's family. They are supposed to be off by the beginning of December so I HAVE to finish this week!

I can't believe it's almost December! I'm planning on doing a December daily this year and tying it to the advent calender I always do for my son. So he can open a box a day on the calender and also pick out a prompt for us to do that day....document, and scrap!

I am so far behind on the planning and getting this together and I just realized this is my last week to get it all organized! AGGGH!

Alison

Hi Alison, I totally agree with you about Dece,ber almost here now. I do hop you get your cards finished when you want them. I also hope you get those calender things done soon.

Page 6 of 68 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics